Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Maybe what they are showing every week IS the gag reel. They just forgot to tell us.

Except gag reels are supposed to be funny.  Maybe what they're showing us is what they cut out because it was too bad.*

*ETA: And they're waiting for us to speak up about it and are laughing because we believe this shit is really what they intended.

Edited by ahrtee
  • LOL 5
44 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I'll state the obvious and say I hope it doesn't affect Jensen and Danneel's production deal.

I just read that production companies associated with Regina King and the gal who started the Black Lives Matter movement have both also signed deals with Warner Bros.

I'm wondering about things also...

ETA: Oops sorry, the Regina King deal was with CBS, not WB.

Edited by Myrelle
4 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

Seemed to come from out of nowhere. He was a pretty strong ally for Jensen to have at the WB.

Agreed. Though it doesn't look like he is retiring so I imagine he will get an even higher job.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Per the article, he’s retiring.  He tried to do it last year but his heir apparent took a job elsewhere.  He’ll be in place for much of 21. 

I’m certain Jensen knew before signing the deal.  I imagine more than Peter Roth have faith in him.  

• Love 4
15 hours ago, SueB said:

Per the article, he’s retiring.  He tried to do it last year but his heir apparent took a job elsewhere.  He’ll be in place for much of 21. 

I’m certain Jensen knew before signing the deal.  I imagine more than Peter Roth have faith in him.  

I reread the TVLine article posted here and didn't see anywhere where it says or implies Roth is retiring. It says he is stepping down as Chairman of WBTV in early 2021. He says he looks forward to the next chapter of his career. That doesn't sound like retirement to me.

I hope Jensen and Danneel's deal still leaves them with backers in their corner besides Roth.

• Love 8

With both announcements coming so close together,  I would be shocked if Jensen didn't have a heads up from Roth. It's great he got the deal in place first, so they will have a chance to prove themselves,  regardless of Roth's continued presence.  Even though he is a strong supporter of Jensen's,  I doubt that was the sole reason they made the deal. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
19 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

I'm not sure what this is. It's based on Supernatural so I guess it belongs here?

The sisters characters' last name is Collins? LOL! Honestly this looks like a fanfic come to life. I can't imagine it is any kind of sanctioned Supernatural spin off.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

The sisters characters' last name is Collins? LOL! Honestly this looks like a fanfic come to life. I can't imagine it is any kind of sanctioned Supernatural spin off.

Unless they suddenly bought the rights, I don`t think so. Is this a fan film? 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Katy M said:

http://www.supernaturalwiki.com/Lineage_the_Series

It seems pretty solidly SPN linked.   Chad Linberg is listed as being in support, and Mark Pellegrino is listed as possibly playing Lucifer.

Hm, seems involved enough with SPN that they would have had to get approval from Warner Bros. Especially if you took characters/actors wholesale from the show.

The origin of the sisters looks to be pretty goofy, though. That is teenage fanfiction 101.   

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Hm, seems involved enough with SPN that they would have had to get approval from Warner Bros. Especially if you took characters/actors wholesale from the show.

The origin of the sisters looks to be pretty goofy, though. That is teenage fanfiction 101.   

I'm definitely not arguing that this looks good.  It just seems somewhat legit. Also says that Misha Collins picked out a character name and that one of the characters may be related to Rowena.  I wouldn't think they would be able to get it this specifically to this stage without at least being warned off if they didn't have permission. What's scary is that as not good as this seems at this point, it's their second attempt. The first was going to be about Ben Braeden's daughters (so set in the future.  Ben might be ready to have kids right now, but I don't see them old enough to actually be doing anything).

If I were in charge of an SPN spin off or inspired show, I would totally go with a Bobby/Rufus prequel.  You'd have to get great actors to pull that off, though.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

In terms of legality:  ideas can't be copyrighted, so anyone can write a story (or show) about demon hunters.  "Public domain" characters (like various monsters, angels, demons, etc.) also can be used by anyone. Original characters created for a show are owned by the studio or writer, thus, if they wanted to go with Ben Braeden, they'd need permission.  I'd say that since they changed all the characters to non-SPN ones (not counting the "might be related to Rowena" note) then I'd guess it's not OK'd by WB.  Having actors "approve" or "support" the show doesn't mean anything except that they read the script (or story).  They have no legal right or authority over it.  

It sounds like it was a fan video shown at a con.  The creators got some of the actors to critique, rewrote and got their approval.  Since pretty much all the citations in the Wiki article are from Twitter or Facebook, I'm guessing it's all in the "wishful thinking" stage and they're trying to get SPN fan support to get it picked up.

My only thought on it is "ugh."  

• Love 3

If it is legit, and backed by the actors, approved by WB, etc., why do they need a petition?

ETA: and if it is 'inspired' by SPN and set in the SPN universe, they would never be able to reference the Winchesters or Castiel, Rowena, etc. anyway. So basically, they are trying to get their fanfic to air, in hopes of being supported by the 'audience' that might recognize it as SPN, a show that is pulling in a bare million viewers at this point. Yeah, Netflix, get right on that would ya?

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

In terms of legality:  ideas can't be copyrighted, so anyone can write a story (or show) about demon hunters.  "Public domain" characters (like various monsters, angels, demons, etc.) also can be used by anyone. Original characters created for a show are owned by the studio or writer, thus, if they wanted to go with Ben Braeden, they'd need permission.  I'd say that since they changed all the characters to non-SPN ones (not counting the "might be related to Rowena" note) then I'd guess it's not OK'd by WB.  Having actors "approve" or "support" the show doesn't mean anything except that they read the script (or story).  They have no legal right or authority over it.  

I know if they just kept it vague enough, they could claim public domain. The wiki site just mentioned so many specifics, like the backstory being a specific event from SPN. They definitely wouldn`t be allowed to reference it like that, in a way that made it clear it takes place in the universe of SPN. "Angels falling to Earth" on the other hand is nondescript enough, they could use it. 

If it is legit, and backed by the actors, approved by WB, etc., why do they need a petition?

I think to garner interest and ultimately raise money. 

In essence it`s like when Seth MacFarlane tried to do a Star Trek show, didn`t get one and pitched his own version of it, that was allowed to fly under the banner of "parody". The difference being that he has clout and industry connections (and ironically ended up making the most Star Trek-ian show currently on air).    

Edited by Aeryn13
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Aeryn13 said:

I know if they just kept it vague enough, they could claim public domain. The wiki site just mentioned so many specifics, like the backstory being a specific event from SPN. They definitely wouldn`t be allowed to reference it like that, in a way that made it clear it takes place in the universe of SPN. "Angels falling to Earth" on the other hand is nondescript enough, they could use it. 

Since they're trying to get SPN fan support, I would think they'd be pushing the connection/similarities in the Wiki.  That doesn't mean it'll translate into saying things outright on the show, unless they get enough support that they think they can get WB's blessing, at which point it can officially become a "spinoff".  OTOH, as I said, ideas can't be copyrighted.  Just consider how many plots were reused, rewritten or outright copied in all the TV shows, movies and plays. 

Spinoffs and reboots are more lucrative because they (usually) have a built-in audience (plus studio support). 

Anyone can write a story about a space ship visiting different planets, but can't claim to be in the Star Trek universe (and use readily identifiable characters) unless it's officially OK'd (and paid for.)  OTOH, if someone writes a story about a space ship commanded by a dashing human and crewed by other species including an unemotional, strictly logical one and a very strong, violent but honorable one, it would likely would be derided as unoriginal/derivative but not necessarily sued, as long as they have enough differences to prove their characters were original.  

Sounds like somebody wants a female version of SPN and SuperWiki is more than happy to push it since she was really pissed about Wayward Sisters never being picked up. Seems like they would do a gofundme or kickstarter campaign vs a petition for Netflix.

At first I thought maybe it was the Hillywood Show gals since it's in Nevada, where they are from but it doesn't seem so. 

It's all strange.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Sounds like somebody wants a female version of SPN and SuperWiki is more than happy to push it since she was really pissed about Wayward Sisters never being picked up. Seems like they would do a gofundme or kickstarter campaign vs a petition for Netflix.

At first I thought maybe it was the Hillywood Show gals since it's in Nevada, where they are from but it doesn't seem so. 

It's all strange.

I hope it does get picked up. It would be hilarious if a random fanfic got made into a Supernatural spinoff after Dabb and Berens half season waste of time "masterpiece" didn't.

Edited by Casseiopeia
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

Well what I got from the Paleyfest panel

Jensen is still bringing up his reservations...that's bad

Jared loves it.....that's bad

Misha may or may not have burned a trench coat...

Alex was happy he had a job

Robert Singer seems happy to finally retire

and Andrew has lots and lots of toys.

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

I think maybe Jensen burned a trench coat.  Lol! 

I hope that he really did have a change of heart about the ending, but I keep getting the sense that he was asked to walk back his very public reservations about it.  Interesting that they finished filming in the studio with three full days left 'on the road'. 

Badd really needs to wash his hair.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

Mostly what I got from it was the mod was an idiot, Jensen's living room is pretty, Jensen is pretty.

As for all your points, yeah. I think Jensen's feelings about the finale evolved to the point where he was just glad it was over. He was ready to move on. Honestly, they all seemed ready to move on - except for Misha who was very sad, and I felt bad for him. 😢

• Love 7
18 hours ago, Wynne88 said:

I thought Jensen was quite sincere about saying he thought the end was fantastic.  A lot of time our first impressions do evolve as we give them more consideration.  

I think Jensen was spouting the company line - just like he always has whether or not he agrees with TPTB. He found out what happens when he was angry enough to mention the wire-act faux-pa in the S13 finale. And yeah, I agree with @PAForrest that he's just glad it's over. Which IMO is really sad. 😞

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, Wynne88 said:

There isn't anything they can do to him now.

But there also isn't any point to say anything now, it's over and done with. He still wants to get new jobs, besides The Boys, don't want to cause a big controversy at the end of the old one.  I'm sure in a few years, with a bit of time and distance and having worked with lots of other people since, more of the truth about Dabbnatural will come out.

Edited by tessathereaper
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, tessathereaper said:

But there also isn't any point to say anything now, it's over and done with. He still wants to get new jobs, besides The Boys, don't want to cause a big controversy at the end of the old one.  I'm sure in a few years, with a bit of time and distance and having worked with lots of other people since, more of the truth about Dabbnatural will come out.

No, there's no point, and Jensen is not really the make waves guy, as much as it might have benefited him and his fans over the seasons.

Jensen is never going to trash the show. He loved where he worked for 15-1/2 years, all things considered, it means a lot to him and helped make his career. Plus he has a really good reputation in this business that he wants/needs to maintain going forward.

That being said ... he's also learned to master the art of the subtle shade over the years. I have to be honest and admit I was very surprised when he brought up his misgivings again in this particular zoom session with the two showrunners in attendance. Like he said, everyone knows he wasn't on board in the beginning - so since everyone knows that, why bring it up again with Drabb and Singer there, eh? Why not simply launch into the party line?

I think it was a little shady. 😎

• Love 6

No spoilers.  When asked to sum up, their reaction, Jared says content, Jensen says satisfaction

But later when taking about it Jared rambles on (and on and on and on) about how great the ending is.  Jensen is just like, 'yeah;

Sometimes its what he doesn't say vs what he does.

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

No spoilers.  When asked to sum up, their reaction, Jared says content, Jensen says satisfaction

But later when taking about it Jared rambles on (and on and on and on) about how great the ending is.  Jensen is just like, 'yeah;

Sometimes its what he doesn't say vs what he does.

It makes my teeth itch every time Jared talks about Jared in the third person.

Jensen often does the 'yeah' thing when Jared takes over a question, so I wouldn't put a lot of weight on that alone.

• Love 2

Jensen's reaction to Jared saying he tried to take Jared (emotions) out of the equation on their last days was interesting. And then Jared says he 'didn't hit a home run'. I'm wondering if it was the same kind of situation they talked about happening during the filming of the Dean/Sam end scene in 14x12 Prophet and Loss when Jared lost it.

• Useful 2
6 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

It makes my teeth itch every time Jared talks about Jared in the third person.

Jensen often does the 'yeah' thing when Jared takes over a question, so I wouldn't put a lot of weight on that alone.

So the one word each used before all the usual blah, blah, blah happened was "content" from JP and "satisfaction" from Jensen.

I'll take my musings on that to The End thread, but something I've been seeing more of lately is the thought of "if we come back..."-which was again said in this interview(by JP) and is a bit different from all the "finality" stuff that was first mentioned along with it.

I just read an interview with just Jensen from late September wherein he talked at some length about getting together and possibly doing a 6 or so run of episodes(in 5 or 6 years) and picking it up from where they end it.

And I'm thinking that now that the news about The Ackles' production co. has been released, THAT might have made all the difference in that particular shift of thinking.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Jensen's reaction to Jared saying he tried to take Jared (emotions) out of the equation on their last days was interesting. And then Jared says he 'didn't hit a home run'. I'm wondering if it was the same kind of situation they talked about happening during the filming of the Dean/Sam end scene in 14x12 Prophet and Loss when Jared lost it.

Jensen said he broke character while filming on the last day and Jared said "We both did". I'm guessing that's what Jared was talking about.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Et tu, Kripke. Sigh. Not about the politics,  just another Sam the wise, Dean the neanderthal kick. Blech.

Screenshot_20201022-233542_Twitter.jpg

Yes, Kripke never got over his own younger brother issues. 

• Love 3