Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8 Discussion

CooperTV
  • Start Topic

14 hours ago, TVFAN said:

their storyline has been recycled a thousand times on the show.  

The show desperately needs some new writers.

To the first line quoteed above, not only Erin and Anthony, the Danny-Baez is been done before by pretty much every cop show especially those in the L&O universe:

Wealthy UES couple with a child is devastated by the murder of either the husband or wife;

Surviving spouse goes on and an about how the deceased had no enemies and was much loved;

Detective 1 says, 'Well I guess we've hit a dead end'; Detective 2  isn't so sure;

Thanks to crack detective work, the surviving spouse is implicated and confesses;

Detective 1  says, 'Well we've solved another crime'; Detective 2 isn't so sure and keeps digging;

Footage -- photo/video/film/text/email/smoke signal -- emerges at the 11th hour, implicating not the spouse but the child;

Detective 1 says, 'What made you keep looking?'; Detective 2, whose spidey sense solved the crime, offers a cryptic reply.

Roll credits.

To the 2nd line quoted above, it does, indeed!

• Love 4
4 hours ago, SCS said:

To the first line quoteed above, not only Erin and Anthony, the Danny-Baez is been done before by pretty much every cop show especially those in the L&O universe:

Wealthy UES couple with a child is devastated by the murder of either the husband or wife;

Surviving spouse goes on and an about how the deceased had no enemies and was much loved;

Detective 1 says, 'Well I guess we've hit a dead end'; Detective 2  isn't so sure;

Thanks to crack detective work, the surviving spouse is implicated and confesses;

Detective 1  says, 'Well we've solved another crime'; Detective 2 isn't so sure and keeps digging;

Footage -- photo/video/film/text/email/smoke signal -- emerges at the 11th hour, implicating not the spouse but the child;

Detective 1 says, 'What made you keep looking?'; Detective 2, whose spidey sense solved the crime, offers a cryptic reply.

Roll credits.

To the 2nd line quoted above, it does, indeed!

I must be watching too many detective shows, because the moment Danny & Baez were telling the wife that her husband was dead, I said: "the son did it"

Edited by preeya
  • Love 10

When Anthony told Erin that his former partner had a "tell" while playing poker, I  immediately remembered the same plot device used in an episode with the former mayor.

The writing this season has been choppy and sloppy.  I understand that after 150+ episodes it gets harder to come up with  original ideas, but I feel like they have been phoning it in...

• Love 2
On 3/10/2018 at 6:09 PM, preeya said:

I said: "the son did it"

Otherwise the son wouldn't need to be there.  The son is superfluous to the story.  There were other kids from the other relationship we didn't see.  This son was just there to eventually be the killer we already met.

Didn't like the Frank storyline.  The guy lied but for some reason it's OK.  They had to bring the stoolie in by pretending they were going to give him the job, but instead just to berate him for being a fink.  Then they hire the guy who lied, acting like it is the right thing to do.  Why are some lies OK on Blue Bloods? 

I am still confused as to why Frank fired the female officer last week even though Sid even thought she acted appropriately.  Previously Frank has stood up for officers others wanted to fire.  I just don't see the consistency.

I also don't understand Danny acting like arresting the son was wrong.  He seemed fine arresting the mother, but the son defending her "honor" is OK in the Reagan playbook.  Makes no sense.  Why are some killers righteous on this show?

Didn't like Erin not seeing things from Anthony's point of view and pushing him (of course, Erin is right) to investigate his partner.  Also, Anthony was obviously trying to tell Erin something when he was telling her about the chin-tell.  Instead of listening she was intentionally obtuse.  

Not a great episode in my opinion.  

I want more Jamie!  But not Jamie/Eddie, will they wont they, storylines.  Just a good police story where Jamie isn't the caring hero or battling incompetent supervisors.

Edited by Bazinga
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, Bazinga said:

I want more Jamie!  But not Jamie/Eddie, will they wont they, storylines.  Just a good police story where Jamie isn't the caring hero or battling the brass.

Me too!

55 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

When Anthony told Erin that his former partner had a "tell" while playing poker, I  immediately remembered the same plot device used in an episode with the former mayor.

I remember that too.  They've used the married man has secret girlfriend with baby before, too.  The first time it was a cop who was killed in the line of duty and had two families.  Hawaii Five-0 also did the exact same story a few seasons ago, but it was the daughter who had her boyfriend kill her cheating father.  All cop shows recycle the same stories I guess.

I agree with Bazings:
Didn't like the Frank storyline.  The guy lied but for some reason its OK.  They had to bring the stoolie in by pretending they were going to give him the job, but instead just to berate him for being a fink.  Then they hire the guy who lied, acting like it is the right thing to do.  Why are some lies OK on Blue Bloods? 

Because Frank says so.  The same reason most decisions are made, like firing the woman cop last week, when a reprimand was all that was called for.  'Cause Frank says so.

• Love 3

I got sucked in for one reason...the corrupt cop's name was Fusco...Detective Fusco...as a former "Person of Interest" watcher, that had me howling...I knew Kevin Chapman wasn't in the credits but had to watch anyway....I have watched other episodes of BB and been bored but this wasn't bad...even if a lot of it was recycled.

The Closer had a plot about the guy with two families...Without a Trace had a great episode with that same plot.

• Love 3

I think the reason why Frank went with lying guy in the end was that the 'culprit' had come clean about his lie and withdrew himself from the race. He showed remorse and that is of course something that would appeal to Frank's Catholic ethics. The cynical take is that he only confessed once he had realized that his lie was out in the grapevine and had made it to 1 PP. 

• Love 3

I am confused.  This is Blue Bloods, it's not exactly Shakespeare level writing and I should not be confused but...........    What happened with Danny's whole "I'm leaving the PD" story?  I mean we all know he's not leaving but it was never mentioned; or did I miss it?   End of last episode he goes into the kitchen to take the guys call which would have been Sunday dinner and the guy wanted an answer by Monday.  This episode he's working like it never happened.  Were we just supposed to assume he said no even though he took the call privately?   

The two wives story was a little recycled.  For a minute I thought there was going to be three wives - the fiance said something about him being in London on business and I thought she meant the same week the wife said he was in London.  So I figured if both ladies thought he was in London at the same time maybe there's a third wife/fiance/girlfriend out there and she's the one who tipped off the first fiance and killed him.  Might have been a nice twist but no it predictably came back to the son.   I do actually like the show still, this was just one of the weaker episodes.

Sincerely hope that Will Estes has another acting job and needed time off from the show or he's got a big, big story line coming up.  Not even a scene of him patrolling for two episodes now, do they not know what to do with his character.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Lukeysboat said:

Beat part of the episode was the mention of Please Don’t Go Girl. 

Yep!  Came here just to see if anyone else caught the NKOTB reference.

And am I the only one who thought Anthony was being a big baby?  Really?  Resigning because your boss ordered you to do YOUR JOB which conflicted with your personal reasons?  Only to have been proven wrong in the end.  I don't care how good of an investigator he is, I found his insubordination towards Erin (not to mention his sarcastic jabs at her by calling her Your Highness, Your Majesty or....whatever) to be insulting and disrespectful

I'm guessing the lack of Jamie drama is because his character is on suspension (I believe, from a few episodes ago)

I don't get Frank's decision, especially after he 'made an example' of that female officer the previous week.  Let's say someone does dig that article up and it becomes public knowledge.  Do you think the people (aka: vets who actually did have RPGs shot at them) aren't going to raise an issue, regardless of whether or not the officer came clean?

• Love 3
6 hours ago, sigmaforce86 said:

What happened with Danny's whole "I'm leaving the PD" story?  I mean we all know he's not leaving but it was never mentioned; or did I miss it? 

Yeah,  what did happen with that? Sloppy lazy story lines. 

3 hours ago, ctlady said:

And am I the only one who thought Anthony was being a big baby?  Really?  Resigning because your boss ordered you to do YOUR JOB which conflicted with your personal reasons?

I seem to remember Anthony doing this before although I can't remember what episode it was. He handed her his resignation because she wanted him to do something he didn't want to do. Maybe testify against an old cop buddy or wear a wire or something like that. Been there, done that. Erin is such a by the book hardass  you wouldn't think she would put up with that. 

It took me a few minutes to recognize Carey Lowell as the wife. She was great as ADA Ross in Law & Order. Apparently that was longer ago than I remembered! 

Edited by hookedontv
Typo
  • Love 3

It took me a few minutes to recognize Carey Lowell as the wife. 

And a Bond girl, too...

I thought Frank was going to have the lying cop come clean before giving him the promotion. Did you catch that Baker caught the problem, and not the Double-G's (is that the first time they've been called that?)

And yes, Save Jamie!

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 8:42 AM, sigmaforce86 said:

I am confused.  This is Blue Bloods, it's not exactly Shakespeare level writing and I should not be confused but...........    What happened with Danny's whole "I'm leaving the PD" story?  I mean we all know he's not leaving but it was never mentioned; or did I miss it?   End of last episode he goes into the kitchen to take the guys call which would have been Sunday dinner and the guy wanted an answer by Monday.  This episode he's working like it never happened.  Were we just supposed to assume he said no even though he took the call privately?   

I completely forgot about that until I read your post.  I guess he turned the guy down.  At least a line mentioning that would have been nice.

21 hours ago, ctlady said:

And am I the only one who thought Anthony was being a big baby?  Really?  Resigning because your boss ordered you to do YOUR JOB which conflicted with your personal reasons?  Only to have been proven wrong in the end.  I don't care how good of an investigator he is, I found his insubordination towards Erin (not to mention his sarcastic jabs at her by calling her Your Highness, Your Majesty or....whatever) to be insulting and disrespectful

Yes and no.  He shouldn't have sarcastic and insulting.  But, when he wasn't willing to do the job, he handed in his resignation.  He didn't demand that the job change for him.  He stood up for what he thought was right by actually making the sacrifice required instead of whining about it.  And, Erin came to him wanting him back, not the other way around.  And, in the end, he did the right thing.

I actually thought Erin should not have pushed so hard once Anthony had revealed that they were talking about his former partner. Not just because it was hard for him to do but also because there was a serious conflict of interest that could have impacted the whole inquiry. But this is Blue Bloods where conflict of interest hardly ever matters anyway.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Katy M said:

Yes and no.  He shouldn't have sarcastic and insulting.  But, when he wasn't willing to do the job, he handed in his resignation.  He didn't demand that the job change for him.  He stood up for what he thought was right by actually making the sacrifice required instead of whining about it.  And, Erin came to him wanting him back, not the other way around.  And, in the end, he did the right thing.

I understand he didn't make any demands, but this isn't the first time he's done this and is now establishing a pattern.  What, does Erin now have to dance around him now, fearing he'd going to threaten resigning if he doesn't get his way?

• Like 1

Weren't there burglaries in the neighborhood the cop was patrolling and the guy fit the description? Couldn't she write him a ticket for jay walking and wouldn't he need to show ID so she knew who to make out the ticket to? All this "see something, say something, do something".....she sees someone who she hasn't seen in the neighborhood before and he fits the description of robbers (maybe I am misremembering this). I'm biased since I can't stand the idea of sanctuary cities. This show is getting more SJW in story telling and I'm not a fan. I wonder if they will ever have a future episode where an illegal alien is a "bad person".

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Vicky8675309 said:

Weren't there burglaries in the neighborhood the cop was patrolling and the guy fit the description? Couldn't she write him a ticket for jay walking and wouldn't he need to show ID so she knew who to make out the ticket to? All this "see something, say something, do something".....she sees someone who she hasn't seen in the neighborhood before and he fits the description of robbers (maybe I am misremembering this). I'm biased since I can't stand the idea of sanctuary cities. This show is getting more SJW in story telling and I'm not a fan. I wonder if they will ever have a future episode where an illegal alien is a "bad person".

They probably would have run into the same problem if they could prove that she's not in the habit of citing people for jaywalking.  If I were an illegal alien, I would make sure I never jaywalked, went even 1/2 mile over the speed limit, anything.

On 3/9/2018 at 11:39 PM, TVFAN said:

Is Jamie ever going to have a storyline again? 

Erin and Anthony were adorable as always, but I feel as if their storyline has been recycled a thousand times on the show.  

The show desperately needs some new writers.

Jamie will have a storyline again. More than one. Unfortunately (speaking of recycled plots) it will be the same Jamie stories as always. Will they or won't they with Eddie, he gets too involved with a case, and he is an amazing cop, but doesn't seem to be going anywhere in his career. Then after this season they will interview the EP and they will describe their grand plan and it will sound like he gets a big arc, but it will end up being like two episodes and a reference.

I don't think new writers would help much. The writing has always been the glaring weak point of the show and I'm pretty sure that comes from the top. What they need is a new showrunner and a recognition from those in charge that you can have growth and change without fundamentally weakening the premise of the show. Let Jamie become a Sgt. Bring in a love interest that actually sticks around, let Danny actually learn something and take it down a notch. Bring in a mayor that  ideologically agrees with Frank, where the conflict comes from a new place (maybe they aren't good at the practical aspects of government , or expect Frank to abuse his position for their benefit because they're on his side?)

• Love 2
On 3/11/2018 at 5:46 PM, hookedontv said:

It took me a few minutes to recognize Carey Lowell as the wife. She was great as ADA Ross in Law & Order. Apparently that was longer ago than I remembered! 

I knew she looked familiar, but I did not recognize her!  

• Love 1
On 3/10/2018 at 6:37 PM, Bazinga said:

Didn't like the Frank storyline.  The guy lied but for some reason it's OK. 

This is the part I did not understand and I was hoping someone would explain it. I do not understand military or police culture so I thought maybe I was missing something. I don't understand why lying about a military record is okay. 

On 3/11/2018 at 12:07 PM, ctlady said:

I'm guessing the lack of Jamie drama is because his character is on suspension (I believe, from a few episodes ago)

Does that mean he's no longer on patrol but stuck in the precinct working a desk job? If that's the case, wouldn't it be great to give him the Rear Window plotline? He thinks he's seen/overheard something and needs to get someone to believe him? Edie takes on the role of Lisa Fremont, minus the fantastic dresses.  

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Sarah 103 said:

This is the part I did not understand and I was hoping someone would explain it. I do not understand military or police culture so I thought maybe I was missing something. I don't understand why lying about a military record is okay. 

It's not okay, IMO.  And one lie about one thing means you are a liar, who will lie when it is convenient about other things.  Lying means a person has questionable integrity.  It is not a good thing.  A person gets fired for being caught in a lie, not promoted like Blue Bloods just did.  Makes no sense that this is somehow viewed as right, good triumphing over evil, Frank is right, as usual.  Two examples.  Former Blue Jays manager Tim Johnson lost his job once he admitted he lied about his Vietnam war experiences.  Brian Williams was suspended and ultimately lost the nightly news anchor-ship when he admitted embellishing a story from his coverage of the Iraq invasion in 2003.  What needed to happen is that the liar doesn't get the job and the guy who only informed on him to his benefit, not get the job either.  Frank trying to portray the lie as understandable, that it was in front of his son to make the son think well of the father, and not important, as was not made to an important news outlet like the NY Times is ridiculous.  What is the difference?  Neither of those points justify a lie or are actual extenuating circumstances.

I did not agree with this whole storyline.  Nor did I understand the rationale for the female officer's firing in the prior episode.  I thought her actions were understandable and didn't understand the whole point of her staying with the prisoner as being necessary on Frank's part (she was not shown to be racist needing to be taught a lesson that the Hispanic individual was an actual person or something) and why this led to her firing?  How was she bad, exactly, so as to need to be fired?  I actually could see her as exactly the same as Jamie.  I could see him doing the same things and coming from the same sort of family.  Just lost me. 

For some reason both of these stories bother me in that viewpoints that seem to run counter-normal are portrayed as right.  I'll take explanations for both of these stories making sense, if anyone wants to offer up any such explanations. 

Edited by Bazinga
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Bazinga said:

I'll take explanations for both of these stories making sense, if anyone wants to offer up any such explanations. 

There is no explaining it, neither story made any sense.  The show needs to stick to police business and drop the moralizing because their moralizing is  inconsistent and just goes along with whatever is in the news at any given time.

• Love 4

So this is one of my least favorite episodes in a long time.

1) Why is Jamie only showing up at the dinner table lately? and where is Jenko??  I need more Jamie!!!

2) In regard to the rookie cop that busts the guy for jay walking:  a) with every other rookie cop we've seen in the show - they have a TO - a training officer or a partner - WHERE was hers?  b) a couple of years ago when Jenko was rookie and just working with Jamie she busted a guy and said she took the phone from his pocket, but video shows her taking it from his hand.  They decided she and the other rookies needed more training but not for this rookie - one strike and you're out.

3) Erin Reagan married Jack Boyle and they had Nicky Reagan-Boyle.  Her last name has always been hypynated.  Which is one of my pet peeves - I mean if Nicky Reagan-Boyle marries Justin Finch-Fletchy their poor kid is gonna be what? Jack Reagan-Boyle-Finch-Fletchy?  Anyway, Erin removes the name Boyle from her legal name about a year into the show.  But Nicky's legal name would have been put on her birth certificate and that's what her SSN would be under as well.  I'm not sure she could legally apply and take a job with a non-legal change in her last name, without a problem with the IRS.  So there's that.  And WHAT did Nicky get a degree in - we never seem to hear about her college and then she took the entrance exam to the police academy but we never heard how that went, either.

4) Ever since the show began Danny and Linda had money troubles.  They had to pick between paying the electric bill or the gas bill in one episode and Linda said pay the electric - the gas won't shut us off for another 15 days.  They had to get Pop's car, because even working 2 jobs, they didn't have the money to get even a used car.  Plus Danny had mentioned several times that they were completely borrowed against his pension and couldn't borrow more.  Then their house and all of their belongings were burned in the fire, and while the family got Danny and the boys a new rental with an option to buy that could simply mean that they paid 1st and last months rent and got the utilites turned on.  Danny still need to rebuy everything for them - clothing, sports and school stuff, dishes, towels, sheets, bed, EVERYTHING.  Plus both kids are going to be leaving for college very soon.  Yes Linda should have had some sort of payout for the accident, but they would also need to pay for her funeral.  Plus Danny was talking that he wanted to stop working all the overtime he normally did so that he could spend time with the boys and do all the parent duties as well.  That means that minus Linda's salary AND Danny's overtime.  

TAKE THE NEW JOB!  He would get vacation and benefits and be able to spend time with his kids in the last couple of years before they leave for college.  I felt his entire family sort of bullied him to stay in the police department without even listening to his reasons.  And that stupid line of pass the hat at the table to pay for college??? Did you do that for Jamie - because he have over $40,000 of college debt when he entered the police force.  Support him by letting what he feels is the right thing for him and the boys.   GRRRRRR.

Frank trying to portray the lie as understandable, that it was in front of his son to make the son think well of the father, and not important, as was not made to an important news outlet like the NY Times is ridiculous.  What is the difference?  Neither of those points justify a lie or are actual extenuating circumstances.

Agreed. And yet somehow Frank managed to make it even worse. There's another cop out there that not only Knows The Truth, but knows that Frank is now in on the lie. Did Frank mollify him with a 'We made our choice but you're still up for the next big job?" NOO! He dragged him in to humililate him for being a squealer. Wonder how that's gonna pan out...

• Love 2
2 hours ago, highway61 said:

Agreed. And yet somehow Frank managed to make it even worse. There's another cop out there that not only Knows The Truth, but knows that Frank is now in on the lie. Did Frank mollify him with a 'We made our choice but you're still up for the next big job?" NOO! He dragged him in to humililate him for being a squealer. Wonder how that's gonna pan out...

TBH, I didn't think much of the "squealer."  He didn't even come out and say exactly what the other guy did, but just some cryptic, "you should look into him."  I don't even know how Baker found that. 

• Love 1

I'm with everyone that says, what has happened to the writing on the show?

MORE JAMIE!  And even more Pops!  We're only seeing them at dinner.  I'm tried of it being the Danny and Erin and Frank show.

I don't get Frank picking the guy who lied about his service - Frank was a Marine and he's okay with that?

Yes the son did it - that was pretty evident from the get go.  And you have a teenager in the home and when you talk to the doorman and he says there's been yelling - um, hello - TEENAGER.  That's a given for yelling I think - LOL

And what's with the Fail game at dinner?  That seems pretty depressing? negative?

I'm really disappointed in this season.

• Love 1

Danny forces his brother-in-law to help Baez take down the mobsters he's mixed up with; Frank suspects his old partner is guilty of a crime; Jamie is approached by an officer who wants help getting reassigned from his undercover assignment.

• Love 1

Liked Frank going to Erin for help.  Is this the last we see of Linda's brother, or will Danny have to swoop in yet again to rescue him?

Liked family Easter dinner - ham and hot cross buns!

• Love 1

This episode was a bit better , but I am beginning to think they have hit the end of the line.  My DH has no interest in watching anymore.  I wonder if they will get picked up for season 9, and if they do will it be the last?

• Love 1

AFAIK the ratings are still good and the show is not in danger of cancellation. This episode felt lackluster to me but then I never cared much for the  two characters who reappeared. Jamie's plot looked like a thinly veiled attempt to address the fact that Jamie's still not getting promoted. 

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, MissLucas said:

AFAIK the ratings are still good and the show is not in danger of cancellation. This episode felt lackluster to me but then I never cared much for the  two characters who reappeared. Jamie's plot looked like a thinly veiled attempt to address the fact that Jamie's still not getting promoted. 

As much as I loved seeing Jamie for more than just the last scene his SL bugged me.  They pulled a guy out of the academy before he finished his training, set him up in an undercover assignment for 8(?) years and won't let him out?  Why would they put someone so inexperienced in that position? I get the point of everyone can't pick their own assignments, but an undercover cop who doesn't want to be undercover is probably a liability.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Katy M said:

They pulled a guy out of the academy before he finished his training

It is weird, but I've seen similar storylines on other cop shows.  I don't know if it reflects real life, but I can kind of see how it might be beneficial.  They wouldn't want a cop that deep undercover  to be recognized at all, even by other cops (except for his department contacts).  It would also need to be somebody single and childless.  My problem with the story (among other things) was that he said he barely had any contact with his handlers.  If that is true, what was the point of still being there?  And I would assume that the recruit finished training in a more private setting before being sent under deep cover.

3 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

I am beginning to think they have hit the end of the line. 

I agree.  A couple of seasons ago, a story about a deep cover cop would have been a juicier story.  This just fizzled out in a ridiculous way.  I've checked to see if the show has new producers or writers, but no it's mostly the same people since season 1.  They've either run out of ideas or they are hamstrung by actors' contracts.  

Edited by Magnumfangirl
  • Love 3

Nothing about that plot made much sense. According to cop show lore eight years undercover would make someone lose their mind. And if he had barely contact with his handlers how could he do such a splendid job? And how come nobody ever got suspicious if he was that good? And who planted the bomb in that bus and why?

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, Magnumfangirl said:

It is weird, but I've seen similar storylines on other cop shows.  I don't know if it reflects real life, but I can kind of see how it might be beneficial.  They wouldn't want a cop that deep undercover  to be recognized at all, even by other cops (except for his department contacts).  It would also need to be somebody single and childless.  My problem with the story (among other things) was that he said he barely had any contact with his handlers.  If that is true, what was the point of still being there?  And I would assume that the recruit finished training in a more private setting before being sent under deep cover.

I also don't know how real life works, but I would think if they want someone to go undercover, they would get someone from somewhere else.   Like Chicago.  Because, seriously, he was in the police academy, so everybody there knew him.  I assume his civilians friends (and family if he was originally from NY) knew he was going to be a cop.

This at least makes more sense than Jamie being a cop during the day and undercover at night, or whatever.  Yeah, there's no way anybody that he was dealing with in the undercover world would ever, ever, ever be able to run into him on the street in uniform.

• Love 3

Ahahaha! Those guys were seriously the most inept Albanian mobsters ever!!!

"I have a great idea! Let’s steal people’s credit card numbers, use them to order $10,000 worth of merchandise, and then have it delivered to the victim's house. I'm pretty sure they won’t notice a delivery guy ringing their doorbell and asking them to sign for a $10,000 delivery."

"Oho! This guy is wearing a wire. Luckily I found out before any money changed hands and I could incriminate myself. Now let's take him out back and shoot him because I'm sure all the cops listening in won't lift a finger to stop us.”

“Whelp taking this dude out back so I can murder him. Why should I pay attention to him? I’m sure he won't try to take my gun.”

• Love 6
6 hours ago, MissLucas said:

Jamie's plot looked like a thinly veiled attempt to address the fact that Jamie's still not getting promoted. 

The difference is Jamie isn't sure what he wants. He seems to go back and forth. I can't tell if that's the character being undecided or the writers having continuity issues. The undercover officer in the episode had a very clear idea of what he wanted and what he did not want. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Rambler said:

"I have a great idea! Let’s steal people’s credit card numbers, use them to order $10,000 worth of merchandise, and then have it delivered to the victim's house. I'm pretty sure they won’t notice a delivery guy ringing their doorbell and asking them to sign for a $10,000 delivery."

I was trying to figure out what the point of that was.  How do you make money by ordering stuff and having it delivered to the person whose identity you stole?  Don't you want to order the stuff for yourself?  Or get cash advances?  I didn't get it.

• Love 2
On 31/03/2018 at 12:32 PM, 3 is enough said:

I wonder if they will get picked up for season 9, and if they do will it be the last?

Not officially, but I was at the set this week, and crew members feel it's pretty likely it will be renewed.  CBS has a tendency to do a bulk renewal for most shows so they are not too worried.  I think it's when Tom Selleck says "I'm done" that they would end it.  After this season, they would need 23 more episodes to hit 200. 

I really hope that's the last we see of Linda's brother.  

I forgot that Treat Williams has been on the show before and is Frank's friend.  When I heard that he didn't remember shooting anyone, I got a little giddy and thought I had a cross over with Law and Order, when Treat played that former football player with head injuries who couldn't remember anything.  

• Love 1
On 3/31/2018 at 9:12 PM, Sarah 103 said:

The difference is Jamie isn't sure what he wants. He seems to go back and forth. I can't tell if that's the character being undecided or the writers having continuity issues.

It's bad writing. It's always bad writing that they sometimes try to pass off as being what the character wants, They feel they need a patrol officer since the premise of the show is one family that spans the entire criminal justice system, but they also realize it's ridiculous that such a great cop with his background is still a patrol officer after all these years and that they have even more trouble coming up with new stories for him than for the other characters so they keep going back and forth. Also they are just terrible at basic story telling - how many times have they set up an arc like Erin and corruption or Frank and political conflict and it just seems to sputter and die after a couple episodes?

On 3/31/2018 at 12:32 PM, 3 is enough said:

This episode was a bit better , but I am beginning to think they have hit the end of the line.  My DH has no interest in watching anymore.  I wonder if they will get picked up for season 9, and if they do will it be the last?

On 4/1/2018 at 9:47 PM, mtlchick said:

Not officially, but I was at the set this week, and crew members feel it's pretty likely it will be renewed.  CBS has a tendency to do a bulk renewal for most shows so they are not too worried.  I think it's when Tom Selleck says "I'm done" that they would end it.  After this season, they would need 23 more episodes to hit 200.

The experts all seem to think it will definitely be renewed.
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/renewcancel/cancel-bear-vs-cbs-week-27-macgyver-hawaii-five-0-and-blue-bloods-are-all-locks/

I agree that it will only end when Selleck is ready to move on or if multiple cast members demand big raises and CBS has a great pilot that they think has a good chance of reaching syndication and drawing good ratings on Friday nights.

• Love 2

After a woman voices her outrage regarding the NYPD's inability to find her son's murderer, Danny reexamines the case, upsetting the original detective, Erin, and Anthony, who didn't pursue the case due to lack of evidence. Also, Eddie is shot while on duty; Erin and her ex-husband, Jack, face off in court; and Frank contends with an angry police force when Mayor Dutton fails to defend them at a press conference.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, mommalib said:

This is the kind of episode I don't like. So heavy handed and bias toward cops. They even got Erin throwing around code words like thug in talking about the suspect.

I concur. Everything about it was so blatant. I kept rolling my eyes, because it was so over the top.

I am probably the one person who like Eddie. I do not care one way or another if her and Jamie get together, but I just wish the writers would pick a lane and stick to it.

• Love 1