Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8 Discussion

CooperTV
  • Start Topic

(edited)
4 hours ago, sigmaforce86 said:

I don't think Frank was completely pleased and this next is definitely IMHO but..........I think he really likes Edie, I think any hesitation or disapproval of them as a couple is because she's also a cop.  He lost one son, he lost a daughter in law who while not in law enforcement was still a public servant.  He's seen that same DIL and himself shot and his family put in danger more than once because of their profession.  Now he gets a new DIL and I think what he sees is the potential for tragedy for her or Jamie; those are just the odds.  So being Frank he's going to worry but also being Frank he's going to give that smile and not say anything to the kids.

That's a good point! I thought he looked unhappy about it, but wasn't sure why.

Edited by SuzieQ
  • Love 1

Eddie, you didn´t hear any voices. You got cop eyes, that´s all. You hear the car description on the radio, you glance outside with what appears to be nonchalance, yet your brain is trained to pick up in details, and then your mind makes the connection. Fortunately for Jamie, pretty fast.

And nice shot btw.

All in all, I'm just glad the "will they/won't they" is put to rest. Also hoping like other posters, they skip right through the wedding and begin next season already hitched.

• Love 2
(edited)

I think Frank was not surprised. I think he knew the two of them were right for each other before he visited Eddie in the hospital earlier this season.  He gave off that vibe then. I think he’s just worried about them both being cops. He’s not got any female cops in the family yet. 

Pretty sure Eddie just showed she can protect Jamie’s back if the situation calls for it. That would be a big concern in married partners. 

I’m going to miss the character Monica. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, SuzieQ said:

Who is Monica?

Monica was Erin's sometime-boss, the woman who died in her arms. I'll miss her, too. I like the actor's voice, smooth and low.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Woodrose said:

Monica was Erin's sometime-boss, the woman who died in her arms. I'll miss her, too. I like the actor's voice, smooth and low.

Oh duh! I was so focused on the Jamie/Eddie thing I forgot all about the beginning.  Thanks!

• Love 1

Is it wrong that I was hoping Eddie would be killed? I guess I can’t have nice things. ? but really...they’re going to remain partners? There’s no way they can be objective toward each other and emotions are always going to get in th way. What if they have a fight at home and then go out on patrol? They’ll just put it aside and work side by side for 12 hours? Yeah I don’t think so.

overall it was a decent episode until it was all wrapped up in a nice little bow. I wouldn’t have minded a cliffhanger with the killer being found in the fall premiere.

• Love 2

I'm on the fence about them attempting to do something about the Central Park 5. So Jamie and Eddie leave from hugging due to relief, to being engaged, no dating, just engaged, okay. The entire ending felt like a ripoff of a cheesy Hallmark movie or a Disney princess fairytale. Sunday dinner should be interesting. 

• Love 3
(edited)
13 minutes ago, spunky said:

I'm on the fence about them attempting to do something about the Central Park 5. So Jamie and Eddie leave from hugging due to relief, to being engaged, no dating, just engaged, okay. The entire ending felt like a ripoff of a cheesy Hallmark movie or a Disney princess fairytale. Sunday dinner should be interesting. 

I’m ok with them skipping dating. Dating serves several purposes, everything from having someone to go to the movies with - to determining  if you want to spend your lives together.  Jamie and Eddie already know each other on a very deep level since they have been together daily for years sharing their deepest thoughts.  They each already knew they loved the other. They just weren’t sure they were loved back that way,  Why would these two need to date? 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Jamie and Eddie already know each other on a very deep level since they have been together daily for years sharing their deepest thoughts.  They each already knew they loved the other. They just weren’t sure they were loved back that way,  Why would these two need to date? 

Agree! Between all the time spent together on patrol plus all the time they’ve spent together after the end of tours, they’ve already been dating for a long time. I didn’t see an engagement coming, but I’m glad it did. 

• Love 6

Not that I wanted Jamie to get shot, but that hit man had to be the worst hit man in history. He was pulled up right next to him for pity’s sake!!

And they killed Dr. Warner.  I love Dr. Warner. ?

• Love 10

I’m fine with Jamie and Eddie but: 1. They can’t remain partners. Just no. And 2. Frank could not have been more of a dick in my opinion. No congratulations. No smiles. Just offering HER (not him) a precinct transfer. You want to avoid the appearance of nepotism? Transfer your own kid, not his fiancé. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, shksabelle said:

Not that I wanted Jamie to get shot, but that hit man had to be the worst hit man in history. He was pulled up right next to him for pity’s sake!!

And they killed Dr. Warner.  I love Dr. Warner. ?

He did have 5 successful hits that week, so he couldn't be the worst, but yes, that was ridiculous.  He was 2 feet away.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, lynny said:

Frank could not have been more of a dick in my opinion. No congratulations. No smiles. Just offering HER (not him) a precinct transfer. You want to avoid the appearance of nepotism? Transfer your own kid, not his fiancé. 

He was hard to read. I wish Frank would loosen up, at least outside of the precinct. Take off the damn 3 peice suit once in a while, have a casual dinner, laugh. I want to see him laugh. 

• Love 3

So far the family is lucky no ones significant other has a issue with having Sunday Dinner EVERY single week with their in laws. I know a few families like that, they expect the in laws to just put their own family on the back burner. It did seem like it chafed on Linda once in a while but since she didn’t have much to do with her own family, she went along with it.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, iwasish said:

So far the family is lucky no ones significant other has a issue with having Sunday Dinner EVERY single week with their in laws. I know a few families like that, they expect the in laws to just put their own family on the back burner. It did seem like it chafed on Linda once in a while but since she didn’t have much to do with her own family, she went along with it.

We had issues with this around every major Holiday. My in laws had to have Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.   

I like the concept of family dinners- but every Sunday from Mass until dark seems too much for working families.  They never seem to go out of town. Even when Danny and Linda booked a weekend in downtown New York, they were expected back for dinner.  So they run every single errand they have on Saturday?  What about the kids school stuff - nothing on Sunday? No overnight sports trips?  

• Love 2

You know what I've always found odd?  That even back when Jamie was a rookie, he apparently never had to work a Sunday (except for that one time he voluntarily picked up a shift, and look how that turned out).  Totally unrealistic unless strings were being pulled.  And, Frank goes out of his way to make sure strings are not pulled.

• Love 3
On 5/13/2018 at 1:43 PM, Woodrose said:

LOL  I didn't have a clue either when I read about Monica upthread and I didn't care enough to figure out who she was, but you're description helped.  thanks - although I would have just said the M.E. from SVU, (probably why I didn't bother to learn her name, that's how I refer to her)

• Love 2
10 hours ago, lynny said:

I’m fine with Jamie and Eddie but: 1. They can’t remain partners. Just no. And 2. Frank could not have been more of a dick in my opinion. No congratulations. No smiles. Just offering HER (not him) a precinct transfer. You want to avoid the appearance of nepotism? Transfer your own kid, not his fiancé. 

I thought he offered her the transfer before based on something heroic she had done and this was him making the same offer again. 

8 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

He was hard to read. I wish Frank would loosen up, at least outside of the precinct. Take off the damn 3 peice suit once in a while, have a casual dinner, laugh. I want to see him laugh. 

It sometimes takes me longer than I'd care to admit to put the peices together, but I just realized last night that Frank would have been on patrol (like Jamie is now) during the early 1970s. I have no idea what area he was assigned to, but I'm pretty sure he must have some amazing and wild stories and it kills me we don't get to hear them. We get "back in my day" type of stories from Henry all the time, but I'd love to hear Frank tell a story about the bad old days, especially if he was anywhere near Times Square. 

3 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

What about the kids school stuff - nothing on Sunday? No overnight sports trips?  

I went to a private school but it was independent (not religiously affiliated like where Jack and Sean are). I never remember any school functions on Sundays. Dances and school plays were always Fridays or Saturdays. I'm not sure what you mean by overnight sports trips but any away games (which were always on Satudays, never Sunday) were day trips. We'd be back home for dinner. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Sarah 103 said:

I thought he offered her the transfer before based on something heroic she had done and this was him making the same offer again. 

It sometimes takes me longer than I'd care to admit to put the peices together, but I just realized last night that Frank would have been on patrol (like Jamie is now) during the early 1970s. I have no idea what area he was assigned to, but I'm pretty sure he must have some amazing and wild stories and it kills me we don't get to hear them. We get "back in my day" type of stories from Henry all the time, but I'd love to hear Frank tell a story about the bad old days, especially if he was anywhere near Times Square. 

I went to a private school but it was independent (not religiously affiliated like where Jack and Sean are). I never remember any school functions on Sundays. Dances and school plays were always Fridays or Saturdays. I'm not sure what you mean by overnight sports trips but any away games (which were always on Satudays, never Sunday) were day trips. We'd be back home for dinner. 

We have show choirs here at the junior high and high school levels that are gone for several weekends in the spring for competitions. Band trips to places like Disney. Traveling baseball teams that play in weekend tournaments that run thru Sunday, etc, etc. some of that is school affiliated, some not. We’ve never even seen the kids be over at a friends home rather than at dinner. 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

We have show choirs here at the junior high and high school levels that are gone for several weekends in the spring for competitions. Band trips to places like Disney. Traveling baseball teams that play in weekend tournaments that run thru Sunday, etc, etc. some of that is school affiliated, some not. We’ve never even seen the kids be over at a friends home rather than at dinner. 

Where I went to school, the only school activities that involved overnight travel were debate and possibly Academic Decathlon. Since we'd only been shown the boys being involved with sports, it didn't occur to me that overnight trips for school sports were a thing. I never saw anything strange with it. I figured any sleepovers/dinner with friends would have been on Friday or Saturday.

• Love 2
(edited)

If we see a Jamie / Eddie wedding, I hope we see a return of the couple from Long Island who had their reception ruined by the Jamie/Eddie/other dude jealousy shenanigans. With lots of "I told you so"s.

Jamie and Eddie should turn over the wedding cake to the Long Island couple -- they are owed an intact wedding cake and toasts! (It was SOOO not OK to destroy that couple's wedding reception -- not an adorable, cute couple moment at all. We should have seen that groom making a scene, calling Jamie a former friend)

Edited by Woodrose
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Katy M said:

but that hit man had to be the worst hit man in history. He was pulled up right next to him for pity’s sake!!

Is he better or worse than the time Danny and Maria managed to avoid getting shot and managed to kill the perps in a CLOSED elevator? 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Sarah 103 said:

Where I went to school, the only school activities that involved overnight travel were debate and possibly Academic Decathlon. Since we'd only been shown the boys being involved with sports, it didn't occur to me that overnight trips for school sports were a thing. I never saw anything strange with it. I figured any sleepovers/dinner with friends would have been on Friday or Saturday.

Plus, don't they go to Catholic school?  A Catholic school is going to make sure kids are home to go to Mass with their family.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

THIS!! Remember in S2’s “Moonlighting” when the family was at the dinner table reminiscing about Jamie’s childhood penchant for swallowing things and Frank totally cracked up saying “When he swallowed the key to the liquor cabinet!” That’s still one of my favorite scenes from the show. I’d like to see that side of Frank a little more often. (Yes, it reminded me of Magnum, but it works for Frank, too!)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, jaimesommers said:

THIS!! Remember in S2’s “Moonlighting” when the family was at the dinner table reminiscing about Jamie’s childhood penchant for swallowing things and Frank totally cracked up saying “When he swallowed the key to the liquor cabinet!” That’s still one of my favorite scenes from the show. I’d like to see that side of Frank a little more often. (Yes, it reminded me of Magnum, but it works for Frank, too!)

Frank comes across so starched shirt and serious, the still grieving widower, yet in earlier seasons he was getting it on, in secret, with the news reporter, the magazine lady,(Danny found out and told Erin and they were making jokes about it) and thinking about banging Erin’s former schoolmate. I also think he had a fling with the woman from England who came over to learn about terrorism and finally the lady bigwig whose son had died of an overdose (Bebe Neuwirth?).

• Love 1
1 hour ago, jaimesommers said:

THIS!! Remember in S2’s “Moonlighting” when the family was at the dinner table reminiscing about Jamie’s childhood penchant for swallowing things and Frank totally cracked up saying “When he swallowed the key to the liquor cabinet!” That’s still one of my favorite scenes from the show.

YES.  All these years later and I chuckle on how shiny the coins came out.  The closest we got this year was Danny being trolled with the donuts.

I've been watching season 1 on reruns and back then Frank did more detective work instead of postulating about politicians; as if he wanted to be a part of it.    I'd like to see a return to that.   I do like the suggestions about hearing stories about him being a cop "back in the day"  (I'm almost shocked they didn't have a throwaway line when Mayor Dinkins appeared.) And also, give him a woman already, show!  IT'S ORIGINAL RECIPE MAGNUM!  WHY SQUANDER HIM!

• Love 3
21 hours ago, jaimesommers said:

That is one of my favorite scenes. I hope next season has more family dinners like that one where it's just fun without a ton of drama and serious discussions. Just once or twice per season have something that's pure silly fun. 

• Love 2
On 5/14/2018 at 5:33 PM, iwasish said:

Frank comes across so starched shirt and serious, the still grieving widower, yet in earlier seasons he was getting it on, in secret, with the news reporter, the magazine lady,(Danny found out and told Erin and they were making jokes about it) and thinking about banging Erin’s former schoolmate. I also think he had a fling with the woman from England who came over to learn about terrorism and finally the lady bigwig whose son had died of an overdose (Bebe Neuwirth?).

On 5/14/2018 at 6:07 PM, mtlchick said:

) And also, give him a woman already, show!  IT'S ORIGINAL RECIPE MAGNUM!  WHY SQUANDER HIM!

This. Does anyone remember, from one of the few graveyard scenes, the date of death on Frank's wife's marker (wasn't her name Mary)? The show has been careful to keep Frank from too much ladyfriend involvement and it would be interesting to see him commit to another woman, and have to deal with potential dissent from his kids.

RE Bebe: I like the dynamic between the 2 actors but Bebe seems to have moved from small and fit to tottering on the verge of a broken hip. She looked disturbingly frail when she appeared a few weeks ago.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SCS said:

This. Does anyone remember, from one of the few graveyard scenes, the date of death on Frank's wife's marker (wasn't her name Mary)? The show has been careful to keep Frank from too much ladyfriend involvement and it would be interesting to see him commit to another woman, and have to deal with potential dissent from his kids.

RE Bebe: I like the dynamic between the 2 actors but Bebe seems to have moved from small and fit to tottering on the verge of a broken hip. She looked disturbingly frail when she appeared a few weeks ago.

Yes, she seemed to have aged suddenly.

Mary must have “died” within a couple years prior to show starting. Frank was getting it on with the magazine lady in season two. He told Danny they hooked up when “she’s in town” , so it had to have been going on for a bit of time. Danny was quick to tell Erin and neither seemed upset just kind of grossed out knowing their Dad was having sex ( ewww gross!). Frank, in a later episode, told Jamie he was “seeing” someone and Jamie was supportive. Not sure if it was the magazine lady  or the reporter he was talking about then. So it’s not like he’s been celibate all this time. 

Just strange that a guy so family oriented, attractive and relatively young wouldn’t be at least openly dating. Plus it would give him an additional storyline outside of Frank carries the weight of the world on his shoulders.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, iwasish said:

Mary must have “died” within a couple years prior to show starting.

I think it was either the pilot or very early in season 1 that she died 5 years before. 

• Love 2
On 5/16/2018 at 9:34 PM, mtlchick said:

I think it was either the pilot or very early in season 1 that she died 5 years before. 

Thanks for the info. 5 yrs... so Frank was let’s say mid 50’s then. I’ll have to watch and try to see the headstones to get a timeline. 

But no reason Frank shouldn’t move on, I think it could add to the show, outside of  Jamie, none of the men have a woman. Danny is a decent looking young guy, they can’t leave him the bereaved widower forever. I’d like to see more of the family dynamics and how they deal with conflicts outside of work related issues.

• Love 3

Just finished watching the episode and, I have to say, that I actually thought the show might've had the cajones to 'go there' and kill Eddy.  When she got out of the car to get her and Jamie coffee, I thought she may have been the target since the victims were loved ones/ close to those individuals responsible for the wrongly incarcerated men.  Now that I'm wrong and they're engaged, I'm not at all displeased as I would've been with previous season Eddy, whom I found annoying at times - especially when she got demanding of Jamie whenever he didn't constantly share and open up with her.

And YES to getting Frank a lady-friend.  I was sad for Monica and was looking forward to her reaction over Erin's admission that she and Jack were dating.  Which, now that I write that, I kind of wanted that tidbit to come out at the dinner table, but I guess they didn't want to ruin the Jeddy/Jamko - whatever moment.

I am in complete and total disagreement with the continuing to be partners.  That will be  recipe for disaster for their marriage.  There' needs to be some degree of separation.  I love my hub to death, but to work and live with him I'd find extremely straining.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/20/2018 at 1:38 PM, ctlady said:

Just finished watching the episode and, I have to say, that I actually thought the show might've had the cajones to 'go there' and kill Eddy.  When she got out of the car to get her and Jamie coffee, I thought she may have been the target since the victims were loved ones/ close to those individuals responsible for the wrongly incarcerated men.  Now that I'm wrong and they're engaged, I'm not at all displeased as I would've been with previous season Eddy, whom I found annoying at times - especially when she got demanding of Jamie whenever he didn't constantly share and open up with her.

And YES to getting Frank a lady-friend.  I was sad for Monica and was looking forward to her reaction over Erin's admission that she and Jack were dating.  Which, now that I write that, I kind of wanted that tidbit to come out at the dinner table, but I guess they didn't want to ruin the Jeddy/Jamko - whatever moment.

I am in complete and total disagreement with the continuing to be partners.  That will be  recipe for disaster for their marriage.  There' needs to be some degree of separation.  I love my hub to death, but to work and live with him I'd find extremely straining.

In real life it would be a disaster, but in Blue Blood- Reagan land not so much! And please let Frank get a lady friend that he doesn’t keep a secret.  Even Danny should start at least showing some interest in women, even if the relationships dont come to anything serious.

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 1
(edited)

I did tear up at the hug after Jamie was shot at and Eddy saw he was ok. I am glad she shot Dante Sorrento. It always seems that her and Baez never get to actually solve the Police problems. Sometimes they have good ideas, but it stops there. I thought at first when they stopped to get teas, that Jamie had spotted a tail. But that didn't happen. Now was the car mislabeled as a Nissan? Or did Sorrento change cars but kept the same color? I would think if cops are looking for a dark sedan, then change it up to red or green? But I know a dark car blends in better. But then also he could have changed plates too,(stolen) lol. I am glad to see Jamie and Eddy together. Was surprised they jumped into proposal so quickly. But they have dated off and on for several years. As stated above I couldn't tell if the family knew about the shooting. I would figure Frank would know, even if Sid called him at home to fill him in. "Hey Boss, your son Jamie was in a shootout today!" Yes it would have been nicer to see the family glad he and Eddy are ok. Eddy did a good thing getting the patrons down. It showed she was doing her job, even if it meant Jamie getting shot.

I thought that Henry and Frank aren't for them working together when married, but they are happy for the couple.

I to teared up when Danny was talking to Linda at the cemetery. I really didn't notice it later that the snow disappeared so quickly. But living in NY state your used to snow. I thought Danny on the arrest of Duann Wilson and talked about the snow, was just one more jab about having to go to NY and not being locked up in Miami. I also thought I'd see Horatio Caine or Frank Tripp on the Miami Dade Police arrest. A few years ago i thought the same as Criminal Minds had a episode in the same town.
It was nice that Manuel Escobar helped Jamie and Eddy with info. Also could see kinda why mom was mad. But wondered if she was hiding something? Also was nice that they helped Luis.

Edited by webruce
name flip.
(edited)

To add to my talk above, I thought that Dante Sorrento might have shown a case of the regrets, or remorse? he sat behind the Squad car watching ,then picking up his gun he kind of looked hesitant. But even being paid to shot these people, he has to have some conscience. He shot a teen girl, an older lady, a DA, and 2 Officers. This would make all but the most hardened criminals think twice, wouldn't it? Maybe that is how Jamie could lay down on the seat and not get hit. He also knew by then that there was chance he could be a target too.

They have swapped partners before, this could happen again and just have the interaction at the precinct and away from work.

Edited by webruce
added thoughts.
6 hours ago, webruce said:

To add to my talk above, I thought that Dante Sorrento might have shown a case of the regrets, or remorse? he sat behind the Squad car watching ,then picking up his gun he kind of looked hesitant. But even being paid to shot these people, he has to have some conscience. He shot a teen girl, an older lady, a DA, and 2 Officers. This would make all but the most hardened criminals think twice, wouldn't it? Maybe that is how Jamie could lay down on the seat and not get hit. He also knew by then that there was chance he could be a target too.

They have swapped partners before, this could happen again and just have the interaction at the precinct and away from work.

I don't think hitmen get pangs of conscience.  I think the reason he was hesitating before the hit was that he was listening to his police scanner and heard his vehicle being described and was wondering if it was worth the risk.

• Love 1

Katy M. I agree with you there.

Talking about the family dinners and Sundays. They could show the family playing games, like we saw Danny and the boys do. They can be board games or cards. My kids played these with their grandpa often. They could even show the family in the yard maybe, playing catch with a baseball, football, frisbee? My dad did that into his 70's, so Frank and Henry should at-least look like they are, lol. Or just have the older adults watching and chatting?? We also used top watch sporting events together and comment. Just ideas.

On 12/28/2017 at 7:28 PM, mythoughtis said:

Question- she got deathly ill due  to on the job exposure... why wasn’t Frank Reagan at the hospital? Why weren’t any of her fellow detectives and officers at the hospital? She was in a coma for almost a week. Where was everyone? 

Just caught this episode on re-runs, and I had the same questions as MyThoughtIs. Additionally, where was Baez's Mom and sister? They should have been at the hospital, too. Danny's not the only one who should have been worried about her and sleeping in her room.

There have been a few drug users on Blue Bloods who say they got hooked after surgery, and then went to black market sources once the prescriptions ran out. For once, this addict was not seen as a bad guy, but as someone in trouble who needed help. I approve.

If I ever have to have surgery, I will not be taking Oxycodone or Fentanyl. I think I'd rather suffer through the pain rather than take the chance of becoming an addict. One lesson learned, thank you Blue Bloods.

I don't disagree that doctors, in general, prescribe too many drugs.  However, holding them criminally liable for resale seems a bit much.  Especially in this case where it seems like they were doing work on poorer folks who wouldn't be able to afford the visits to get a refill prescription.  Why can't people just take responsibility for themselves and not sell any extra drugs they may have. 

Now, in a case where a doctor should know better that a patient is scamming them for extra drugs and they're not doing their due diligence, that's probably another story.

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 4:23 AM, Katy M said:

A little convenient that a hit man who was able to easily kill 5 other victims, one of those also a cop, was so easily thwarted by ducking, but I'll take it.

Just catching up with old posts so scrolling through pretty quickly.  I had to pause on your post because my mind told me that the hit man was thwarted by a duckling.  I'd love to see that episode.

1 hour ago, Brookside said:

Just catching up with old posts so scrolling through pretty quickly.  I had to pause on your post because my mind told me that the hit man was thwarted by a duckling.  I'd love to see that episode.

Maybe it was an air duck:)

• Love 1