Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8 Discussion

CooperTV
  • Start Topic

It has occurred to me that maybe Jack and Sean can't really act. They can learn lines, and fall off bikes, but you can't really build a storyline around them. Nicky/Sami has picked up some acting skills, and in fact mimics Erin's style and voice much as a young woman who resembles her mother might.

The only thing I can think of is that these episodes are made with syndication in mind, where they can be shown out of order and nobody will notice. For the most part, every episode is a  stand-alone with no "universe continuity" in between. 70s episodic TV formula, essentially. The clock gets reset every week. Will they move on with Nikki going into the family business? Who knows. Maybe that'll be for next season--if there's a next season.

• Love 1
On January 22, 2018 at 7:17 AM, Sake614 said:

Freedom of expression is all well and good but that was defacing public property. There are plenty of ways to protest/express your opinion without resorting to destructive behavior. See Dr. Martin Luther KIng Jr.

I wished the dinner conversation would have gone into that more, with Jamie taking a larger role in the conversation and bringing up some of the Supreme Court cases, because he does have a law degree. Jamie talking about what are the limits of free speech. Danny counters with, it's destruction/defacing government or public property. Done-no need for fancy Constitutional stuff (and an amen from Henry). 

23 hours ago, NJRadioGuy said:

The only thing I can think of is that these episodes are made with syndication in mind, where they can be shown out of order and nobody will notice. For the most part, every episode is a  stand-alone with no "universe continuity" in between. 70s episodic TV formula, essentially. The clock gets reset every week. Will they move on with Nikki going into the family business? Who knows. Maybe that'll be for next season--if there's a next season.

If that's what they want to do, that's fine, but they need to get everybody on board and write that way. One episode makes it seem like Nicky was going to be a police officer and the next episode shows she's totally unsuited for the job. At least address that in universe (the fact that she thought it's what she wanted, but after thinking about it some more, changed her mind). 

• Love 1
On December 15, 2017 at 0:09 PM, webruce said:

That would be nice to see a kind of "behind the scenes" of the staff of 1 PP.  Show how it is run, or at-least what the 3 think of things.

I love this idea

On December 26, 2017 at 10:07 PM, NJRadioGuy said:

Could they please give Jack and Sean something intelligent to do on the show? They had one episode as something more than a Greek Chorus at dinner and now these teenagers suddenly without a mother are back to being TV-land well adjusted kids with no real opinions on anything.

I totally agree with this. I wonder if there's a way to combine these two ideas. Maybe Jack or Sean is doing a video project for school and gets permission to shadow Sid or Garrett, or he does interviews with a number of people at 1 PP.   

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Sarah 103 said:

I wished the dinner conversation would have gone into that more, with Jamie taking a larger role in the conversation and bringing up some of the Supreme Court cases, because he does have a law degree. Jamie talking about what are the limits of free speech. Danny counters with, it's destruction/defacing government or public property. Done-no need for fancy Constitutional stuff (and an amen from Henry). 

Well that would have been the smart way to write it, which of course is why they didn't. :(

• Love 1
On 1/22/2018 at 0:40 PM, NJRadioGuy said:

4 hours ago, Sarah 103 said:

If that's what they want to do, that's fine, but they need to get everybody on board and write that way. One episode makes it seem like Nicky was going to be a police officer and the next episode shows she's totally unsuited for the job. At least address that in universe (the fact that she thought it's what she wanted, but after thinking about it some more, changed her mind). 

No matter what they want to do it's bad writing. It's quite possible to keep every episode self-contained and able to watch in syndication and still maintain basic continuity. Law & Order is probably the gold standard for procedurals that you can dip in and out of in syndication or on cable without needing to know anything and they did subplots and character development without resetting characters from one episode to the next with no explanation. NCIS is another good example. They stick to a formula and definitely write for viewers who aren't necessarily following every episode in order in mind while having character growth and basic continuity. This is fairly basic stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if @NJ RadioGuy is correct, at least to some extent, in what the motivation is. They often show a shocking lack of competence in basic story telling where the writing is concerned and sometimes seem unable to distinguish keeping basic elements of the formula intact from keeping everything exactly the same forever no matter how stale things get. For instance we've pointed out many times here on the forums that Jamie could become a sergeant without really changing anything and actually giving them a chance to do new stories based on the same themes without really closing anything off yet they seem determined to keep him a beat cop until the series ends or Donnie Wahlberg quits.

• Love 1

The other thing that gets me is for a show that's supposed to be a police procedural, they get the procedures themselves horribly wrong, and in the most egregious ways possible. I get that it's TV and shortcuts have to be taken. I don't like it, but I get it. But they're writing crap that's aimed at the room temperature IQ set. CBS' procedural audience skews older, and older viewers have life experiences that tell them "what I just watched was a steaming pile of horse poop." Great detectives are also excellent actors, and master salesmen. Only instead of selling used cars or Florida swampland, they're selling a long stretch in the penitentiary to a customer who has no genuine use for the product. And a gold star to whoever gets that reference without Googling. Bull-in-a-china-shop cops burn out and don't make anywhere near the collars since they tip their hands too soon, and anyone other than a drug-addled skel looking for 3 hots and a cot would just lawyer up and tell the detective to piss up a rope. They don't have to talk to the investigator, and in fact most perps don't. They get convicted on the evidence that the skilled detective collects. But that makes for crappy TV, I guess.

• Love 2

@NJRadioGuy-I have a serious and honest question for you. Have you ever seen a police procedural that you thought was accurate or did a good job of showing what happens in the real world? It seems like this a genre where what you see on TV and what happens in real life are worlds apart. 

• Love 1

Homicide: Life on the Street, especially the first two seasons. "Best Damned Show on Television" at the time. It went off the rails a bit in later seasons, but on balance they got it right. It was based on David Simon's book "Homicide: A year on the killing streets," in which Simon rode with a handful of detectives on the Baltimore homicide unit, and from whom the show got 100% cooperation. The real detectives even had a cameo as "fake TV detectives" in one episode. Simon's work also turned into The Wire on HBO. Again, excellent police work there.

For anybody who wants to get a good flavor of real investigations, catch a show called "The First 48" on A&E. Real cops, real homicide investigations, real interrogations of real suspects (or at least the best bits are shown). No actors or reenactments. Sometimes they get the guy, sometimes they don't, sometimes he gets acquitted at trial or pleads out. I think two or three are currently under a death sentence as well. The show has a zillion re-runs during the day and new ones are on A&E on Thursday nights. An awful lot is left out, but watch enough episodes and you'll really understand the overall pattern that any investigation takes. These shows can be very compelling.

So if a writer of a TV Cop Drama just understood what really happens, and is talented enough, he or she should be able to write a story that would hold an audience without insulting their intelligence, and still let the good guys win and the bad guys get their comeuppances. Artistic license here and there is fine, and it can occasionally solve an insolvable plot, but if you constantly get your characters to do shit that's so out of the boundaries of reality it takes the audience right out of the story. And what's worse, it creates an expectation from J. Random Viewer that, heavens forbid, should a loved one get robbed or murdered, that every investigator is going to be Danny Reagan, Hank Voight, or [insert TV cop here].

Here's one of the best WTF moments from a genuine interrogation on First 48. An accidental confession by a perp that got his ass locked up for 99 years.

On "The Wire," they had a guy in the box for murder. They pretended a photocopier was a lie detector, and they got a confession out of it that stood up in court. That was based on real life from Detroit. https://newrepublic.com/article/38982/the-wire-ripped-real-life

• Love 1

When I was in Boy Scouts and later a Asst. Scout Master, the Explorer Post was for Scouts who became Eagle(like I did), before your 18th birthday, to continue to earn Merit badges, and then at 18 can go into Explorer Scouts until 20 to continue your learning and community service, and wasn't just Law Enforcement related. They were sponsored by the Legion, Fire Company(as ours was), or a Church, and help you to learn about those kind and other jobs too.

I also liked Baez and her Tiki bar future, we don't really see much of her out of the station. Danny probably had dreams that were dashed when Linda died. I know myself after injuring my back and loosing a well paying job, that your dreams kind of change, or get muddled. Loosing the love of your life has to make it even more muddled.

I do think in the shootout at the end with Mama Morales and her gang that Baez should have at-least been the one to tackle her in her hoodie. Danny shot the other guys and even tackled The grandma.

Have more thoughts, will be back.

Edited by webruce
clarification
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, webruce said:

Loosing the love of your life has to make it even more muddled.

That's why I thought Danny's dreams for the future would have involved his sons, things like watching them graduate, or seeing them grow up to be good people. 

• Love 1

Really the captain was a jerk.

Actually, when he insulted Eddie by calling her Jamie's "girlfriend," that's the kind of insult/harassment she COULD have reported. And he would have been in trouble for it. But Eddie doesn't seem to think on her feet like that. (Though sometimes she does...which is more down to the writers not giving her a consistent characterization). 

• Love 1

@Sarah 103 that is probably true. But ofcourse Baez (besides family), probably knows better then most what Danny is going through. But I do see that the family aspect should be the best "future" desires.

Captain Glen Hollis was a jerk toward Jamie and Eddie calling her his "Girlfriend". Even if he knew they had dated or are real close, it is still stepping over the line for a fellow and superior Policeman talking like that. I could see someone else, non associate, calling her that. I did think though that even if Jamie and Eddie knew Billy Cooper was mentally challenged, and harmless they went about it the wrong way when he was in the "borrowed" squad car. Some of the other officers seemed like they weren't sure which way to go. But Captain Hollis was the lead. I do miss  Sgt. Anthony Renzulli as Jamie's " boss". Also surprised that Jamie and Eddie played the game" between the sheets" at the diner. Maybe friends do that stuff, but it would make it seem to me that sexual tension would skyrocket. Maybe I take this stuff differently?

Even though Frank's talk to the Explorer Post wasn't so exciting, it was nice for Jamie and Eddie to talk to them. It kind of makes them closer to being on the same plane.

Even though I think the bickering between Danny and Anthony is a bit thick, parts were cute. like Anthony telling his daughter not to wave to Danny. And Anthony and his jello. If Anthony didn't want to talk to Danny, then Baez was right there, talk to her. I was surprised that Danny thought Anthony was only after a happy ending?

With the amount of family influence around Nicki why wouldn't she think about being a cop? The Reagan's are known for being head strong. My dad steered me away from being a carpenter like him, he said to find retirement and benefits, even though I wanted to do it, I found other work. But if he had pushed only a little towards that career, I would have taken it. So Nicki with it all around her, I can see her wanting to try it.

@mythoughtis I saw that also, and said to my tv, "Roll up your windows and lock it!".

Nicky at the end of last episode when she passed the test and Erin and Frank met her there, she said something like If she wants to go that route she can. But then Frank took her and Erin to eat with Lights and Sirens? Really? So maybe she won't join the Police Academy? She did seem to at first join her friend Chrissy Watkins to try and stop her. Then when Frank was st up to stop her next defacing protest and then Nicky cancelled the protest. So to me it is confusing, but Nicky can disagree with her family.

Danny and Baez bringing down the Probation Officer James Voorhees, was an interesting story. I do think they could have taken longer to put him down. If it was this easy to trap him, why hadn't anyone else in the business at-least questioned it?

1 hour ago, webruce said:

Also surprised that Jamie and Eddie played the game" between the sheets" at the diner. Maybe friends do that stuff, but it would make it seem to me that sexual tension would skyrocket. Maybe I take this stuff differently?

I played that game with my friends in college when we orderded Chinese food and it didn't add to sexual tension. It's just a silly game, and everyone knows it's just a silly game. It's more about pointing out how silly fortune cookies are and having a bit of laugh. No one takes it seriously in my experience. 

• Love 2

When a student is shot by a rival gang member in his high school courtyard, Danny and Baez try to get a grasp on the situation to prevent a reoccurrence, but the principal recklessly takes matters into his own hands. Also, Erin tries to help a friend who is mixed up in an illegal gambling ring; and Gov. Mendez tries to frame Frank after one of his top legislative aides is shot by an NYPD officer.

I thought this one was ok, but nothing special.   The Erin story was something we haven't seen before so I give them credit for mixing it up a little.  The principal holding the class hostage was pretty far-fetched, but why were Danny and Baez on this case in the first place?  They're homicide detectives, but no one was murdered.

Frank getting one over on his critics time after time has never really bothered me, usually they're clever (I especially enjoyed the one where he brought all minority officers to the auditorium to "protect" the white supremacist).  But this was just lazy writing - Pure luck was the only reason Frank got the Governor to back off.  No logic, no counter argument (if the guy in the bar was anyone else at all caught in the cross fire would the Gov have even cared?),  just Frank saying hey the guy was hanging out with a higher level officials wife and won't that be embarrassing for you and *poof*, Frank wins.  That's not solving a problem that's just luck and a very lazy resolution on the writers part.

But Ernie Hudson made up for a lot, agree with other posters, he looks great and younger than his age and he had a great role.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, sigmaforce86 said:

Frank getting one over on his critics time after time has never really bothered me, usually they're clever (I especially enjoyed the one where he brought all minority officers to the auditorium to "protect" the white supremacist).  But this was just lazy writing - Pure luck was the only reason Frank got the Governor to back off.  No logic, no counter argument...

well, it's always bothered me. agreed about the time with the minority officers, but most of the time i find the writing lazy and heavy-handed. can't remember a time when any critic of frank or the department has been presented as anything other than a fool. watching those who have the temerity to oppose frank, one would never know that there are legitimate issues within the NYPD, not to mention its relations with the community, particularly minority communities.

Edited by wonderwoman
  • Love 2

I really liked what Jamie said during dinner when he mentioned he thought about becoming a teacher. I liked that they raised the idea in the context of serving the community. I think Jamie could have been a good teacher. I hope Nicky was listening, because she if wants to help the community, there are many ways to do that.

• Love 1

Where'd the new Governor come from? He's so over-the-top evil I have a hard time seeing him winning an election. Is he supposed to be Cuomo? He seems more like a central-casting Mean Republican, but wouldn't a guy like that looooove Frank?
Are we setting up the Vengance of Erin now?  "Anthony, go shoot that guy"

And agreed with all - there's nothing you can't improve by adding a Ghostbuster.

• Love 1

New Governor drives me nuts.  He has the weirdest accent which does not sound like any part of New York State to me.  He just seems angry and mean and as highway61 so aptly remarked, it is hard to imagine him winning an election. He seems more like one of Danny's mob targets than a politician.

• Love 1

I have been thinking this: they have mentioned specific gangs a lot this season like the Warrior Kings.  I wonder if it's going to lead to something bigger for the rest of the season. 

On 2/3/2018 at 11:53 PM, Magnumfangirl said:

The principal holding the class hostage was pretty far-fetched, but why were Danny and Baez on this case in the first place?  They're homicide detectives, but no one was murdered.

Unless things changed, I believe they work on major cases, not specifically homicide. 

• Love 1

Erin definitely got to hold the idiot ball in this episode. Sure let your main witness against the mob walk out on the streets without protective detail. No wonder her boss thought she'd done it on purpose to allow him to get away. She's supposed to be the smart Reagan.

Poor St. Francis - the mayor is a shrew and the governor a meanie!

And Baez might be able to identify with the kids in that school since she's been through the same hell but she's still not getting the lead part in that plot since her name's not Reagan.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, mtlchick said:

I have been thinking this: they have mentioned specific gangs a lot this season like the Warrior Kings.  I wonder if it's going to lead to something bigger for the rest of the season. 

Unless things changed, I believe they work on major cases, not specifically homicide. 

exactly, there are the equivalent to Law and Order Criminal Intent detectives.  

Danny considers changing to a more profitable job. Nicky is sexually harassed by her internship boss. Frank has to deal with the fall out after a rookie cop is caught on video questioning a pedestrian’s immigration status.

I think the woman cop was wrong.  She was racially profiling that Hispanic man because he wasn't from the neighborhood and Hispanic men had committed crimes there.  The NYPD -- like many other departments -- has a history of stopping people without real cause, just because they were black or Hispanic.  And nowadays, when the issue of people getting deported when they haven't committed serious crimes is headline news almost every day,  you'd think there would be a department-wide policy about profiling and making arrests for minor infractions.

So, I think the officer should have been reprimanded and trained on the correct procedure.  But Frank first met with her and let her go without any comment about her doing anything wrong, saying she followed procedure.  Then out of the blue he decides to fire her without giving her any warning or explanation?  She was wrong, but it didn't seem to be a fireable offense.

• Love 5
(edited)

If Frank is going to fire every cop that makes the department look bad, maybe Danny really should have taken the high-end security job!

Kind of a depressing episode. If Nicky had kicked her boss in the crotch, that would have been great, but we didn't even get that.

and yes, Buckboard, it looked like the cop had passed the 'Frank test', especially after she bonded with the guy she arrested. I guess Abe Lincoln disagreed!

Edited by highway61
  • Love 5

This episode annoyed me.  I'm glad that they made the sexual harassment actually be sexual harassment, instead of some vague crap that was going to be prosecutable.  "He invited me to his apartment to eat."  I honestly thught that was going to be it and they were going to prosecute him for it.  But, they actually had him do something wrong, so that was good. 

We all know Danny's not going to quit the force.

I really need more Jamie than just the last scene:)  

And of course illegal immigrants are legal unless they murder someone.  And, even then, they should be treated better than legal citizens.  Didn't that cop get the multiple memos over the last few years?  That said, she had no right to stop him and demand ID just because he was a Hispanic in what she described a "white" neighborhood.  

"You're a part of me, too."  I see what you did there show and...well, it was somewhat better executed that I thought so there's that.  

At least they are sort of addressing that Danny is under financial duress, but 1) the job offer to enter private security circles back every few seasons with the hemming and hawing and 2) despite the 'ambiguous' ending, we all know what he will decide anyway. 

Not sure what to think about the immigration part, though the cop was more in the wrong because it came down to "he didn't fit into this neighbourhood."  But at worst, she could have been suspended for a few days and get a course on the matter.  Firing her was a bit too much.

• Love 4

Actually when she said "you're a piece of me, too," I thought she said "You're a piece of meat, too," and I was like, what?  Then I realized what she said.  But, it kind of annoyed me.  Danny's kids just go by Reagan and don't also use Linda's maiden name, whatever that is, and there's no hue and cry over that.

I don't know how much I buy the 'Danny financial duress' story. I know about college bills, but compared to most people, NYC detectives are pretty well compensated. And while he doesn't have Linda's salary, he should have gotten a pretty healthy insurance payout for her in-the-line-of-duty passing. He certainly has problems, but he shouldn't be broke. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Katy M said:

And of course illegal immigrants are legal unless they murder someone.  And, even then, they should be treated better than legal citizens.  Didn't that cop get the multiple memos over the last few years?  That said, she had no right to stop him and demand ID just because he was a Hispanic in what she described a "white" neighborhood.  

LOL!  My beef with it is that it didn't make any sense.  The guy spoke english with no foreign accent so there was no reason for her to suspect he was an immigrant (legal or otherwise).  And claustrophobia is common, but they acted like he's the only claustrophobic person to ever get arrested.  And how was Frank going to handle the backlash from the rank and file who supported her?

The Nikki story was stupid as usual, but the last name issue is beyond stupid.  Her name is Boyle!

It's like this show is being written by 7th graders for a 7th grade audience.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Magnumfangirl said:

The Nikki story was stupid as usual, but the last name issue is beyond stupid.  Her name is Boyle!

I was totally confused about why Erin was troubled about Nikki not using Reagan as her last name. 

• Love 5

I went on a bit of a search and found that Nicky is often listed as Nicky Reagan-Boyle. I'm not sure this was always the case or not. So it seems she is just leaving off the Reagan- part of her last name.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, buckboard said:

So, I think the officer should have been reprimanded and trained on the correct procedure.  But Frank first met with her and let her go without any comment about her doing anything wrong, saying she followed procedure.  Then out of the blue he decides to fire her without giving her any warning or explanation?  She was wrong, but it didn't seem to be a fireable offense.

6 hours ago, mtlchick said:

Not sure what to think about the immigration part, though the cop was more in the wrong because it came down to "he didn't fit into this neighbourhood."  But at worst, she could have been suspended for a few days and get a course on the matter.  Firing her was a bit too much.

I agree with this. Firing her for a rookie mistake seemed a bit harsh. Punish her for the action and let the word go out among the rank and file that doing this gets you punished, but what happened seemed a little exterme. Where I thought the episode was going was rewritting the book. I could see Frank saying "If she was following procedure, maybe we need to take another look at the procedures. When was the last update?" 

Nicky's storyline didn't work as well for me as I had hoped. I sensed something was wrong when I saw that all of her co-workers were female. When her co-worker tried to warn her, Nicky should have figured that out. She's old enough to understand that type of code. (I made a similiar mistake in high school. Someone told me a guy I was interested in drinks a lot. I thought I was being told I couldn't depend on him for a ride home after parties. They were trying to tell me he was an alcoholic.) It's not her first year of college, she shouldn't have been that stupid. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm still shocked that for once Gareth's position on the issue of the week was not ridiculed and he was not forced to bow to Frank's superior wisdom in the end and give in. As for how the issue was handled: I suppose Frank decided on what Sid had told him that she would never make a good cop; her family history forced her to overcompensate. (Two cop uncles and the father a FDNY battalion chief - no idea what that spells for Nicky's future in the ranks.)

I knew where Nicky's story line was heading the moment cool boss closed that sliding door behind her. Not sure why Erin made such a deal of Nicky not using 'Reagan' that was OOC. Nicky was right there and she was wrong in dismissing the warning of her co-worker. 

Edited by MissLucas
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, Katy M said:

This episode annoyed me.  I'm glad that they made the sexual harassment actually be sexual harassment, instead of some vague crap that was going to be prosecutable.  "He invited me to his apartment to eat."  I honestly thught that was going to be it and they were going to prosecute him for it.  But, they actually had him do something wrong, so that was good. 

I hope they do some sort of follow up.

Nicky has often been referred to as Nicky Reagan. so much so that I forgot it wasn’t her last name. I didn’t  know Nicky used both. Erin did until recently. But it was stupid- they only brought it up to highlight that her boss didn’t know who she was related to. 

The female cop didn't seem all that sure of herself. Theoretically smart, but no common sense. 

The boys at least got scenes besides family dinner.  

Danny had money troubles  even with Linda’a income. Grandpa gave them his car to replace their old junker, for example. 

9 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Danny had money troubles  even with Linda’a income. Grandpa gave them his car to replace their old junker, for example. 

I'm surprised (though I shouldn't be) the writers didn't throw in a line saying they were having issues with bills even before she died.  There was a discussion here a few seasons ago about how expensive Catholic private schools were in New York, but considering we haven't seen the boys in their uniforms this year, I'm guessing they switched to a public one (and possibly switched neighbourhoods overall) and it was not mentioned. 

• Love 1

The new house is 5 minutes from the school( discussed at the impromptu adult lunch at that house)  but I don’t remember them saying the school name.  I’m not Catholic but I remember people often switch to public school for high school, so it’s plausible the boys switched. 

Sonething that’s been quietly shown this season- the family rallying around Danny to help him thru decision making while he’s grieving.  Wish all families were that close. 

• Love 2

A man living a double life with two different families is murdered; Anthony attempts to deny Erin's request to help her investigate his former partner; Frank carefully chooses between two potential candidates for the position of chief of transport.

Edited by Jaded

Is Jamie ever going to have a storyline again?  No wonder the ratings are down.  I'd love an episode centering on him.  Heck, I'd be thrilled to see him in more than one scene!

The show has always focused too much on Danny, but it's been particularly bad this season.  Blue Bloods is at its best when there is some semblance of balance among the characters.  I've never been a Danny fan, and being force fed him in scene after scene has made me less so.

Erin and Anthony were adorable as always, but I feel as if their storyline has been recycled a thousand times on the show.  

The show desperately needs some new writers.

• Love 9
51 minutes ago, TVFAN said:

Is Jamie ever going to have a storyline again?

Good question.  It feels like he's barely been seen this season.  I like Danny and I thought this episode was pretty good.  The "who dun it" was obvious, and the Frank story was kind of meh; but at least they avoided politics for an entire episode!  Woo Who! 

• Love 7

Will has been shooting scenes with Vanessa the past few weeks, so there's hope.  Though I was like "Wait, Will you're still here?  They let you out of the bunker for a few hours?" 

I really could have done without half of  the scene with Danny getting Baez to wake up from her nap to view the tapes,.  I was yelling "Get to the point!  You found something!"  On the upside, Danny quoted a New Kids On The Block song (I'm easy to please.)

9 hours ago, TVFAN said:

Erin and Anthony were adorable as always, but I feel as if their storyline has been recycled a thousand times on the show.  

Anthony has the one of the few consistent character  traits  in this show.  He takes expressions a bit too literally.  "Shut up!" "Ok, I will."  "No I mean, get out!" "Um ok if you say so."  

• Love 3