Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 11/13/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Catnip said:

I suggest they rotate guest hosts for chemistry in the future -- at the very least, someone with a damn personality!  

I really hope they’re already looking at replacements for MM because she is insufferable. Between MM’s crappy attitude and Whoopi allowing it to continue, Idk how much more I can take.

• Love 21
12 minutes ago, bannana said:

Instead of just continuing to make her endless point she calls Joy out, then tells us how "exhausted" she is by these discussions.

I'm exhausted listening to Elsa and her never-ending (failed) attempts to derail Joy. Poor Elsa, can't even make a reasonable counter-argument without whining. Must suck to be that sensitive when you disagree with someone.

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

I really hope they’re already looking at replacements for MM because she is insufferable. Between MM’s crappy attitude and Whoopi allowing it to continue, Idk how much more I can take.

I bravely took a peek at the comments on Facebook. We're not alone!  Every reply I read was negative. Girlfriend's days are numbered!  

• Love 15
1 hour ago, buffynut said:

I've found myself turning the show off earlier than usual this week, as as mentioned, didn't turn it on today.  Might be getting that full hour of my day back soon.

I'm watching less as well. Sometimes I'll mute the screen when she talks or just change the channel altogether and watch clips later.

2 minutes ago, Catnip said:

I bravely took a peek at the comments on Facebook. We're not alone!  Every reply I read was negative. Girlfriend's days are numbered!  

Same thing on Twitter. MM is wildly unpopular. I think she's the least-liked co-host they've ever had. Has nothing to do with her political leaning, either. She is just not a likable person and as far as I can tell, doesn't have many redeeming qualities. Oh wait -- her dad is John McCain and is the complete opposite of her. That's likable.

• Love 10

Joy driving Meghan off the deep end just by mocking Faux News was funny as hell. That seems to be a weak spot for all the Foxbots; I remember Jedi going off the rails over a similar comment from Joy, too. I can't help wondering that if they love the place that much, why are they on ABC and The View?

I'm glad Sara and the others made a point about every accusation not being the same. Louis CK and Franken aren't on the same level as Weinstein, Ailes, Spacey, Moore, O'Reilly, or Trump to me either.

2 hours ago, hudsbee said:

Whoopi needs to actually start moderating MM since it is quickly becoming her show. Lastly, I cannot call her "Elsa" because she equates being cold and bitchy as tough. They are not the same - she is rude, argumentative in a juvenile way and is ruining this show for me.

I can't call her Elsa because Elsa was actually a nice character who was misunderstood. Meghan McCain is just a bitch. And a privileged, entitled, moronic one at that.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 20

Watched in real time today because I thought Joy would be moderating. Painful.

Stern-faced uptight Meghan McCain HAS to go. Her lecturing the panel about how to have a discussion annoys, then to read here about her scolding Joy for looking at her watch really takes the cake. Where does this entitled witch get off? I swear I have a vague memory of her being less bitchy prior to her Fox stint. Now she's wound so tight I expect her eyes to pop out of their sockets at any moment.

As for the alleged Franken encounter... "The lady doth protest too much, methinks."  came to mind while I listened to the victim's account. IOW, her overly worded oft-repeated description smelled off to me. As for the picture, I have a similar one w/ a group of friends during a Orleans trip. No actual touching. It was a tacky stupid joke. Bad joke, but not malicious. So, I agreed w/ the point not every encounter s/b thrown into the same pot. There are degrees. Not all crimes are the same, nor are the suitable punishments.

• Love 20
7 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Joy driving Meghan off the deep end just by mocking Faux News was funny as hell. That seems to be a weak spot for all the Foxbots; I remember Jedi similarly going off the rails over a similar comment from Joy, too. I can't help wondering that if they love the place that much, why are they on ABC and The View?

I'm glad Sara and the others made a point about every accusation not being the same. Louis CK and Franken aren't on the same level as Weinstein, Ailes, Spacey, Moore, O'Reilly, or Trump to me either.

I can't call her Elsa because Elsa was actually a nice character who was misunderstood. Meghan McCain is just a bitch. And a privileged, entitled, moronic one at that.

They want the limelight associated with being in the media that they purport to hate. They know that Fox is a one trick pony and it caters to a small market. Whereas, ABC, NBC and CBS gives them access to a lot of different people. Look at Megan Kelly who is now on NBC.  She was making a lot of money over at Fox, but, NBC, offers so much more, being, a household name, gives her much more attention than being another blonde on Fox..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6
33 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

Me too and why did MM seem to be the mod for part of the show?

9 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Joy driving Meghan off the deep end just by mocking Faux News was funny as hell. That seems to be a weak spot for all the Foxbots; I remember Jedi going off the rails over a similar comment from Joy, too. I can't help wondering that if they love the place that much, why are they on ABC and The View?

I thought folks were calling MM "Elsa" bc of that cartoon ad commercial cow. .....Apologies to the cow.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, backformore said:

Imagine being stuck at a meeting, or class, or at work with someone like her.

I think I'd rather have a root canal.

4 minutes ago, backformore said:

She is always answering with "as a republican..."  Like it's her responsibility to represent the republican party, on a show where it's not supposed to be about that at all.

I don't recall any other conservative co-hosts ever mentioning their political leanings as much as her. Good grief, Elsa. Stop trying to be the "lone Republican" on the show and open your mind to other views without the attitude. They could be talking about unicorns and rainbows and Elsa would still find a way to say, "As a Republican..." 

• Love 9

I am glad to hear I am not the only one who fast forwards through any of MM's rants...seriously, I can't deal with her "valley speak" and her bullshit. I just yell at the t.v. STFU and fast forward through her just like I fast forward through anything Drumpt says.  And Joy, my gal, YOU ROCK! You can look at your apple watch all you want sweetheart. ?

• Love 19
20 minutes ago, backformore said:

Meghan - you are not "exhausted".  You are EXHAUSTING. 

She is always answering with "as a republican..."  Like it's her responsibility to represent the republican party, on a show where it's not supposed to be about that at all.  I have a lot of opinions, on a variety of topics.   None of them are my opinions "as a liberal democrat", they're just my opinions.  

1. Hope you don't mind, @backformore, but I fixed that for ya, since I believe the emphasis should be on Meghan! 

2. This is just replacing "As a Mom," "As a mother," "As a mother of a special needs child" that both Bitsy and Sherri parroted ad naseum. And then Meghan alternates between Republican and Conservative. I agree, there's no need to qualify your opinions, as if pointing out what her political affiliation is, gives it more or less credence. Please take several seats already. As a HUMAN, I find you immature, tiresome with a mentality of a recalcitrant toddler who doesn't get her way.

15 minutes ago, SunFun said:

As for the alleged Franken encounter... "The lady doth protest too much, methinks."  came to mind while I listened to the victim's account. IOW, her overly worded oft-repeated description smelled off to me. As for the picture, I have a similar one w/ a group of friends during a Orleans trip. No actual touching. It was a tacky stupid joke. Bad joke, but not malicious. So, I agreed w/ the point not every encounter s/b thrown into the same pot. There are degrees. Not all crimes are the same, nor are the suitable punishments.

My thoughts along these same lines, and I'll leave it at that.

• Love 16
10 minutes ago, ari333 said:

Me too and why did MM seem to be the mod for part of the show?

That irritated me to no end. Why is she being given more control? And she's always saying, "what we should be talking about..."Um, excuse me Meghan but since when did you get the right to tell anyone what they SHOULD be talking about? Do you know what show you're on or do you need to be reminded?

• Love 18
29 minutes ago, SunFun said:

her overly worded oft-repeated description smelled off to me.

Yeah, I've been doing some research on her. Not discounting her recollection of the situation, nor do I think what Sen. Franken did was right but there are a lot of coincidences that are hard too ignore and I'll also leave it at that. 

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 9

Oy. Meghan McCain has to go. She looked *so* brittle. Stone-faced, angry. She seems unable to relax. 

Sara and Paula both looked really lovely. I especially loved Sara's hair braid.

Poor Bob Sagat! Those post-its refused to stay on! I think it's because he was perspiring so much - LOL!

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, SunFun said:

Stern-faced uptight Meghan McCain HAS to go. Her lecturing the panel about how to have a discussion annoys, then to read here about her scolding Joy for looking at her watch really takes the cake. Where does this entitled witch get off? I swear I have a vague memory of her being less bitchy prior to her Fox stint. Now she's wound so tight I expect her eyes to pop out of their sockets at any moment.

I read a statement from the photographer who said  she was not asleep and wanted to "be woken up " 

i agree something smells with this woman  

plus i don't want to give up on Al I admire him do much 

turning off before  Saggett talk about a pig 

• Love 10

MM had such a bitch face today and I can't stand what she did to Joy while the moderator didn't step in. Joy can take care of herself but I still don't think it's fair for MM to get away with any disrespect.

Whoopi there on Fridays probably because of sweeps is not such a good idea. Thanks to ABC for another mistake.

• Love 17
34 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Joy driving Meghan off the deep end just by mocking Faux News was funny as hell. That seems to be a weak spot for all the Foxbots; I remember Jedi going off the rails over a similar comment from Joy, too.

Let's be real, almost everything Joy says sends MM off the deep end. The Fox joke was funnier because of MM's meltdown.

• Love 19
27 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

They want the limelight associated with being in the media that they purport to hate. They know that Fox is a one trick pony and it caters to a small market. Whereas, ABC, NBC and CBS gives them access to a lot of different people. Look at Megan Kelly who is now on NBC.  She was making a lot of money over at Fox, but, NBC, offers so much more, being, a household name, gives her much more attention than being another blonde on Fox..

But they are also under a lot more scrutiny when on a network.  If Meghan can't handle it then she needs to go back from whence she came.

And as mentioned above if she is trying to take down Joy to make a name for  herself she is going to have to try a lot harder.

13 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

This is just replacing "As a Mom," "As a mother," "As a mother of a special needs child" that both Bitsy and Sherri parroted ad naseum. And then Meghan alternates between Republican and Conservative. I agree, there's no need to qualify your opinions, as if pointing out what her political affiliation is, gives it more or less credence. Please take several seats already. As a HUMAN, I find you immature, tiresome with a mentality of a recalcitrant toddler who doesn't get her way.

I was going to post this as well.  EH and SS were constantly quantifying their statements.  Meghan seems to live  her entire life around being a Republican.  And if she wants to be identified as such then she better get used to having to do a lot of defending because her party doesn't look too good right now.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, fishsanwitt said:

Poor Bob Sagat! Those post-its refused to stay on! I think it's because he was perspiring so much - LOL!

Joy telling him he should've put flour on his face beforehand made me laugh. Actually Joy throughout the entire post-it attempt and aftermath made me laugh.

Oh, and I forgot to say how excited I am that Ana Navarro actually will be co-hosting next week! I guess Sara's leave has begun? Can we fast-track Meghan's firing and replace her with Navarro in January?

• Love 12
29 minutes ago, SunFun said:

YES!  I recall something like that on a spring break trip with college buddies.  the first one to fall asleep risks being photographed in various poses.  Yes, since she and Franken were not friends, I see where it would be offensive, but it seemed more like a sophomoric prank than anything else. Context is important.    There's also some evidence that it was politically motivated -  Roger Stone, though he was banned from twitter, has another account where he said that Franken was about to be exposed for something before anyone else knew about it.  

But the fact that she was all teary about someone drawing devil horns on her picture? 

And the kiss?  Yeah, I get it. But Franken comes from comedy, and I have heard that when actors have to fake a kiss, doing a practice run makes the performance less awkward.  Yes, he crossed a line if he did it the way she said.   But  the whole thing sounds embellished to me.  It is not even close to being in the same category as other accusations.  

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Can we fast-track Meghan's firing and replace her with Navarro in January?

Wouldn't it be great to have Ana and MM on as co-hosts permanently so that we could see Ana rip her a new one daily?

I would loveeeee to see MM pull that "whataboutism," "both sides," "what we should be talking about" crap with Ana. She's the REAL tough cookie and can actually defend her arguments with facts, not emotion.

• Love 11
23 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

Yeah, I've been doing some research on her. Not discounting her recollection of the situation, nor do I think what Sen. Franken did was right but there are a lot of coincidences that are hard too ignore and I'll also leave it at that. 

Roger Stone and Hannity, I will leave it at that as well..

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, backformore said:

But the fact that she was all teary about someone drawing devil horns on her picture? 

Something about her comes off as fake. Not saying her story isn't true but I got some weird vibes during her interview. In addition to all the other things I found out when I researched her, not sure what to make of her.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

I read a statement from the photographer who said  she was not asleep and wanted to "be woken up " 

Can you link to the photographer's statement? Because I hear this repeated but no one ever has a source. A quick Google brings up a NYPost article saying the photographer was Franken's brother, but he denies it.

MM is a humorless toddler who sucks the life out of everything.

Edited by Meatball
  • Love 12
16 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

What happened between MM and Joy this morning is all over the internet now. I guess the producers and powers that be are getting what they wanted.

Glad I didn't watch today. Just reading about it made me angry.  She's just so unpleasant. And it's uncomfortable to watch, or in this case, read.  I stopped watching the first time due to Elisabeth and her hatefulness.  Jedi didn't make me stop watching.  But MM may. 

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, buffynut said:

Glad I didn't watch today. Just reading about it made me angry.  She's just so unpleasant. And it's uncomfortable to watch, or in this case, read.  I stopped watching the first time due to Elisabeth and her hatefulness.  Jedi didn't make me stop watching.  But MM may. 

It's infuriating. Listening to MM whine and contradict herself day after day is wearing on me. I said this earlier but I may stop watching and catch clips later so I can fast-forward through MM's word vomit.

• Love 5

One thing about Joy -- she might be despised by conservatives, but she always got along with her conservative co-hosts...Bitsy included. Paula shows a genuine fondness towards Joy and Jedi attended one of Joy's comedy routines (if memory serves me correctly.)  MM would be wise to 'NOT' blame the mean 'ol liberal Joy for the dust-up today!  In my opinion, she owes Joy an 'on air apology!' ...but I won't hold my breath!  

• Love 16
3 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Wish I had a good paying 5 hour a week job to exhaust me.

Maybe she'll take her millions and check into hospital. I hear people like her in the top 1 percent can afford to get looked at for exhaustion these days. Then she can take Joy to court for jeopardizing her health.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, Catnip said:

In my opinion, she owes Joy an 'on air apology!' ...but I won't hold my breath!  

Ice Princess apologizing to Joy? Maybe in some alternate universe.

I’m sure Joy is losing her patience with MM. She’s going to let her have it soon.

1 minute ago, parisprincess said:

MM reminds me of Candace and her "As a Christian....."

Candace used to annoy me when she did that, too. And she didn’t really like to talk about anything because of her religion. I don’t even know why she signed up for the show if she was that uncomfortable with the hot topics.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, buffynut said:

Because Jed wasn't hateful and looked like she was having fun. MM looks fucking miserable and is bringing the show down with her. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Meatball said:

Can you link to the photographer's statement? Because I hear this repeated but no one ever has a source. A quick Google brings up a NYPost article saying the photographer was Franken's brother, but he denies it.

MM is a humorless toddler who sucks the life out of everything.

The "photographer statement" was fake news made up by some random account that went viral. The original tweet also slut shamed LeeAnn. Pretty Gross, I think it got like 3,000 retweets.

• Love 1

To me, McCain isn't an Ice Princes, because she just isn't cool. I think of an Ice Princess as someone who is always cool (and cold) and composed. While butter wouldn't melt in an Ice Princess's mouth, McCain is often foaming at the mouth. She comes across as a neurotic wreck with no real core of her own. She's like an overgrown baby in need of a nap. "Ice Ice Baby" is more apt.

2 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

Do you have a link for the statement, because I haven't heard one thing like htat? When Joy asked Tweeden who else was there, Tweeden said something about the guy next to her (a country singer) being asleep and I wondered how she knew he was asleep if she was asleep. Joy also asked about the photographer and Tweeden at one point seemed to be all, "Yeah, right," but then she seemed to stumble.

3 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I was glad Sara made that point, too. I see even more categories. Like Spacey and Moore both targeted kids, so they're a world apart. I never paid much attention to the allegations against Ailes -- what stuck with me is how he specifically abused his power at work, but I don't remember the accusations. There have been credible (to me) allegations of not only harassment but also rape against Weinstein (also Spacey, but again, I believe that was a kid). CK seems to have a real pathology going there (as does/did Halperin).

For me, Franken is the most disappointing (which is not the same as being the worst) because of who he is and what he stands for. No matter what I think about the rest of Tweeden's account, unless it comes out that she was a willing, awake, participant in that photo, the photo troubles me, because it is the kind of thing men do to demean women. But it's also the kind of thing where, when women object, they're accused of not being good sports or lacking a sense of humor. It's a sexualized form of bullying. 

I wish the panel had been able (without Tweeden -- at another time) talk about these stories from that angle. The primary angle (which has now been well covered) is listening to women's stories. I don't want them to stop covering that, but I do think are layers of this stuff and except for what Sara said today, that feels largely ignored.  

• Love 10

As the time for Sara's maternity leave gets closer, I realize more and more how much I'll miss her.  She has a lightness about her, always with a great smile or even a belly laugh (no pun intended) that is so enjoyable to watch.  It took her a little while, but she's settled in and became an integral part of this panel.  I'd be sad if she decided, after two babies, to be a SAHM.

• Love 20

Wow, I've never seen so many remarks about Meghan McCain, and they are well deserved. It's embarrassing to see someone so ill prepared and unpleasant among the other hosts. She doesn't fit in. Maybe a radio gig with a conservative radio station would be more her speed. She looks so harsh, unhappy, and totally out of her league on this show.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 19
23 minutes ago, General Days said:

For me, Franken is the most disappointing (which is not the same as being the worst) because of who he is and what he stands for. No matter what I think about the rest of Tweeden's account, unless it comes out that she was a willing, awake, participant in that photo, the photo troubles me, because it is the kind of thing men do to demean women. But it's also the kind of thing where, when women object, they're accused of not being good sports or lacking a sense of humor. It's a sexualized form of bullying. 

Hear, hear.  The photo was a juvenile prank that boys (and men with a childish sense of humor) would laugh about, without considering the feelings of the victim.  It's certainly not as troublesome as groping or sticking a tongue down someone's throat though.  Credit Franken with apologizing and asking for an investigation, rather than calling her a liar.  I hope there are no other women with stories and that this was an isolated bad choice.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, SunFun said:

He shoved his tongue down her throat, unexpectedly, gross! I won't cherry pick who is right and who isn't in any of these allegations. I don't find the joke funny when a photo is taken of me asleep, again, gross! 

4 hours ago, ari333 said:

Oh dear god I loathe Sagat.

Isn't he horrible, his jokes weren't funny, actually they never have been imho. 

• Love 2

I live in Minnesota and Franken is rather popular - he won his first election after a recount but his second one demonstratively - so I really do appreciate and respect Tweeden''s stance, expressed on this show, that she isn't demanding his resignation and that it is up to the people of Minnesota (his co-Senator today has also agreed there should be an open ethics investigation).

While it was nice that MM isn't defending Roy Moore (and I *loved* that she pointed out that it didn't matter if the MSNBC reporter was a Muslim from Qatar because Moore's lawyer's question would still be asinine), they missed the point, IMO. If he gets elected, it's likely that the Senate will expul him and Alabama's governor will appoint a different Senator -- and possibly even Jeff Sessions! So a Republican could vote for Roy while telling themselves they weren't "really" voting for him. I'd be interested in Sunny's take on that (or Ana Navarro next week!).

• Love 2
6 hours ago, lexytheblasian said:

Between MM’s crappy attitude and Whoopi allowing it to continue, Idk how much more I can take.

..."allowing it to continue," is an understatement.  She BASKS in the GLOW of everything her little accolyte spews.   (Oh, is that harsh?)

6 hours ago, SunFun said:

Stern-faced uptight Meghan McCain HAS to go. 

I think some camerman is also not a fan.  Her stern and mean faces are shown to us too often.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

..."allowing it to continue," is an understatement.  She BASKS in the GLOW of everything her little accolyte spews.   (Oh, is that harsh?)

As another poster mentioned, Whoopi seems to be egging her on, lowkey. I think Whoopi doesn’t want to be the one to tell her off so she’s steering clear of challenging MM, which makes me give the side-eye to Whoopi. She was quick to go off on previous conservative co-hosts but for whatever reason won’t go there with MM.

I still want to know since when has MM been allowed to “moderate” the conversations. I don’t like all this control she’s being given and feel like something is going on behind the scenes...

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Tunia said:

As the time for Sara's maternity leave gets closer, I realize more and more how much I'll miss her.  She has a lightness about her, always with a great smile or even a belly laugh (no pun intended) that is so enjoyable to watch.  It took her a little while, but she's settled in and became an integral part of this panel.  I'd be sad if she decided, after two babies, to be a SAHM.

I really like Sara too. She really has grown into her place on the panel, and I'd miss her empathy and intelligence if she didn't come back. 

• Love 20
26 minutes ago, buffynut said:

I really like Sara too. She really has grown into her place on the panel, and I'd miss her empathy and intelligence if she didn't come back. 

Is that a possibility?   That she wont be back? Why? Why?  Have you heard something?? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!  Seriously.............no.  Im going to go have a fit now.  I know, I know, adult much?  Bite me bitch go be hard rock somewhere else.

• Love 2