Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 11/13/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

25 minutes ago, roseslg said:

If you watched John Wick, Freemon and Daniels are in it.  Daniels is the second one as well.  My husband and I love spotting them in other roles.  I think 85% of the cast have been on Law and Order.  

It was Freedomland

25 minutes ago, bannana said:

What did she say?  My DVR only recorded 3 minutes during VYD!

She said she read tweets calling her an airhead. She tweeted back asking the person if she'd like to participate in a piece on bullying on social media. Told the tweeter she'd be perfect for it. Sunny and Meghan read some really terrible tweets directed to them too.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, Haleth said:

She said she read tweets calling her an airhead. She tweeted back asking the person if she'd like to participate in a piece on bullying on social media. Told the tweeter she'd be perfect for it. Sunny and Meghan read some really terrible tweets directed to them too.

Meghans was wishing her father would hurry up and die, (something like that.)  The guy was fired from his job! 

Edited by NeverLate
20 minutes ago, Haleth said:

She said she read tweets calling her an airhead. She tweeted back asking the person if she'd like to participate in a piece on bullying on social media.

Were they tweets to Sara or did she just read a tweet that called her an airhead?  If someone tweeted to Sara calling her a name then yes I would say that is bullying but if she just read a tweet of someone using that term to describe her I wouldn't call that bullying.  That is simply someone giving their opinion of Sara.

• Love 4

I loved Joy quoting back Jeff Sessions' comments over Hillary. He "doesn't recall," what a liar.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think a group of women (or men, for that matter) sitting around talking about what celebrities they find attractive is anything like sexual assault or harassment at all. It's not like they were talking about crotch sizes. And Paul Ryan is gross. That is all.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:
3 hours ago, useryikes said:

I've heard that Black is not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Black? Do you mean Blake?

I sure do!   Note to self:  Must pay attention when posting!  "Black" might be not too bright either, though.  LOL

• Love 1
2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think a group of women (or men, for that matter) sitting around talking about what celebrities they find attractive is anything like sexual assault or harassment at all. It's not like they were talking about crotch sizes. And Paul Ryan is gross. That is all.

But it was more than whom they consider attractive.  They were talking about who is sexually attractive, after excoriating men for treating women as sexual objects.  It struck me as more funny than offensive though.

• Love 3

MM sure does not like the audience, does she?  She even snottily responded to some woman today about her disagreement over an issue, Ryan's appeal maybe, I can't remember. 

Every time they clap about something, she gives a little sneer towards them, or a semi-eyeroll like she is totally is  irritated about their participation. Damn proletariats!

• Love 18
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

Sarah needs self-control. Most celebrities ignore hater-tweets or shut them down with a "have a nice day." Sarah answers back and argues back and forth. This only supports my claim that she seeks validation from all.

The Paul Ryan fitness pictures....are those real? I thought they were fake. What's the story on those? 

Did anyone notice when MM was on her Paul Ryan spiel, Sarah interrupted with some silliness and Whoopi jerked her on the arm while gesturing towards MM. It was as if she was shutting Sarah up so that MM could continue.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Catnip said:

Idris Elba definitely caught my attention in The Wire! 

I never watched The Wire, but "Luther" certainly caught my attention--you beat me by a few years.  There's a long and interesting bio and "conversation" with him on IMDB.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, susieq147 said:

That is simply someone giving their opinion of Sara.

Sounds like it hurt her feelings.  Someone's giving an opinion can be bullying.  If the person's feelings are hurt over and over, isn't that bullying?  Sometimes I think some of us bully a bit.

What if several/many join in with that same opinion after reading/hearing it ... just like kids at school?  Ugly.  Re----.  Slut.  Fatso.  Airhead.   (I hesitate to spell out that "R" word because I might be reported) 

• Love 3
On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 3:05 PM, TheGreenKnight said:

Speaking of Sara, I’d love for Mary J. Blige to guest co-host while Sara Haines is out like Whoopi mentioned. I hope that happens.

Of course, writing that, I couldn't help thinking you'd assume they'd just have Paula fill-in since she is a co-host of this show, but no way will Whoopi let that happen.

I doubt Mary would be good at this type of job on a daily basis.  As for Paula, I can't imagine her doing 5 shows on the view and Saturday and Sunday on GMA.  I think she may pop up 2 or 3 days a week when Sara is gone. 

And although she's been decent this week (I've been able to watch the show w/o turning it off), I can't for the life of me see how anyone would prefer Meghan over Paula. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, A.J. said:

I doubt Mary would be good at this type of job on a daily basis. 

I didn't say they should cast her. She would be a guest co-host several days while Sara is out, and I think she would be fine, personally. Better than the trainwrecks we'll probably be put through instead.

Yes, I'd definitely like Ana Navarro. But they had her employed at one time as a "contributor" and even then only had her on the show a few times.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Former Nun said:

I never watched The Wire, but "Luther" certainly caught my attention--you beat me by a few years.  There's a long and interesting bio and "conversation" with him on IMDB.

Funny you mention "Luther" ...I just added the series to my Netflix watchlist.  With the exception of a few gory bits -- The Wire is a must see!  Although Edris played a cold-blooded drug dealer minus his British accent, he still had charisma. Everything about the series was perfection! 

2 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Sounds like it hurt her feelings.  Someone's giving an opinion can be bullying.  If the person's feelings are hurt over and over, isn't that bullying?  Sometimes I think some of us bully a bit.

What if several/many join in with that same opinion after reading/hearing it ... just like kids at school?  Ugly.  Re----.  Slut.  Fatso.  Airhead.   (I hesitate to spell out that "R" word because I might be reported) 

Regarding comments about the co-hosts, Whoopi is fair game in my book. She's looked in camera and stated, "don't text or email cuz I don't care!" I agree with most 'all' observations about MM and feel a bit bullyish when I join in, but I'll go on record stating I find her off-putting and a lousy fit! 

Most comments here are fairly tame compared to the wild west of Twitter and Facebook. Something from The View popped-up on my FB timeline and comments about MM were brutal. I suspect that's why she side-eyes the audience and added Ice Princess to her Twitter profile.

Edited by Catnip
  • Love 8

Meghan saying Paul Ryan would have her vote for Sexiest Man Alive made me laugh.  Then I realized she was serious! 

I think she just needed to make it political, had to find a Repub Official to name, since she wasn't going to name any of those "liberal Hollywood"  types.   I loved that the producers osed one of his "gym" photos from a photoshoot, because he looks so goofy in those photos. 

• Love 12
53 minutes ago, backformore said:

Meghan saying Paul Ryan would have her vote for Sexiest Man Alive made me laugh.  Then I realized she was serious!

I know... he's like a combo of Eddie Haskell and Eddie Munster.  If you're gonna have a GOP unattainable crush, why not Aaron Schock? Marco Rubio? John Thune? Sean Duffy? I find their politics abhorrent, but they are attractive and of course, in MeghanWorld, their most sexy trait is that they have "R" after their names.

I'm a little sick of her One-Note Johnny (e/o/e/m/f) routine. She has to have a GOP elephant on her Halloween costume? She has to have a "sexiest man alive" be a Republican? Boring!

• Love 10
10 hours ago, Former Nun said:

I know what you mean. And I often hesitate before posting, wondering if I am just trying to be one of "the cool kids" when I add my critical opinion of one of the co-hosts, usually Whoopi or "the conservative".  I do, however, really try not to ever mention someone's looks. 

8 hours ago, Catnip said:

Most comments here are fairly tame compared to the wild west of Twitter and Facebook. Something from The View popped-up on my FB timeline and comments about MM were brutal. I suspect that's why she side-eyes the audience and added Ice Princess to her Twitter profile.

I'm not on social media, but I've seen some of the comments on Rosie O'Donnell's accounts, and they are horrible. I understand why we all post here, as we watch the show. But I just don't understand why someone wastes their time going to the social media account of a person they don't like and posting hateful messages. 

• Love 13
14 hours ago, Tosia said:

MM sure does not like the audience, does she?  She even snottily responded to some woman today about her disagreement over an issue, Ryan's appeal maybe, I can't remember. 

Every time they clap about something, she gives a little sneer towards them, or a semi-eyeroll like she is totally is  irritated about their participation. Damn proletariats!

Actually she apologised to the audience, she said she's sorry she doesn't stop and allow for applause. I think it would be great if the clapping seals didn't clap after every sentence, but that's just me..

• Love 3

Rabid applause is beyond annoying. It tells the trained seals in the audience when to be happy with whatever scrap they are thrown. And God help the poor audience at home, who they feel are even more daft and can't decide for themselves when to exert audible responses. The Talk is the worst though. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Catnip said:

I say Goober...

aBu24.png

?????????

Back to the "both sides" and "we shouldn't politicize this" nonsense, Meghan? As someone said, (I think it was Sam Bee, but it could also have been someone else) these fucking shootings should be fucking politicized. It seems that's the only way shit will get done. Prayers and thoughts from politicians do jack shit. Meaning NOTHING.

And yeah, Meghan is the first host (that I can recall), who gives the audience dirty looks or calls them out for clapping or cheering when something she doesn't like is said by the other hosts.

Only Meghan would find Goober sexy. I admit I can be shallow and find the physical of most men as indicators if they're sexy. But fucking Blake what'shisface? I don't even KNOW what he is famous for and frankly don't give any figgedity fucks. Gimme Tom Hiddleston as Loki, Chris Hemsworth, Hugh Jackman, Chrisrian Bale, Pierce Brosnan, The late John F. Kennedy Junior, Daniel Day-FUCKING!-Lewis (Have you SEEN him in the Last of the Mohicans? Sex on a STICK!), and from the other side of the world, Bollywood MegaStar Amitabh Bachchan when he was in his prime.  ROWR.

And I really loved the interview with Hari. For years I've resented that Apu was voiced by a WHITE MAN. And it's very telling that Hank refused to participate in the documentary. But I did see some faves in the clip that was shown--Asif Mandvi!!! (Former correspondent from The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, recurring guest star on all the Law & Order shows, Pizza Place Manager who fired Tobey Maguire's Peter Parker in Spidey-2), Hassan Minhaj from the current Daily Show with Trevor Noah. I'm totally watching this. And yes, if it wasn't clear, I am of East-Indian (South Asian) descent, and have long bitched about how practically every South Asian actor that has been cast in Hollywood shows, be they procedural or sitcoms, have to be Indian rubes with that accent. When most have the British/Indian accent from their schooling (I know this from personal experience, even though I'm First Generation American); there have been very few exceptions, and those in the past 10 years.

I'm so very, very, very GRATEFUL Meghan was not there when he was interviewed.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 11
11 hours ago, Catnip said:

Regarding comments about the co-hosts, Whoopi is fair game in my book. She's looked in camera and stated, "don't text or email cuz I don't care!" I agree with most 'all' observations about MM and feel a bit bullyish when I join in, but I'll go on record stating I find her off-putting and a lousy fit! 

I agree. Sometimes I'll look at my comments and wonder if it borders on "bullying" by calling her Elsa or whatever but I'm not doing it in a mean-spirited way. They are public figures -- all of them -- and are subject to public scrutiny (albeit constructive public scrutiny). 

Now, what I really try to avoid is trashing anyone based solely on their looks. Twitter and Facebook are f'n brutal. I check out the comment sections for a lot of things, including The View, and none of the co-hosts have it easy. I think Twitter may be the worst of them all. A lot of people create troll/fake accounts on there just to talk reckless without being exposed. But they are often exposed, as the ladies proved on yesterday's show.

Going back to MM, she literally said she has a "cold, dark heart" on several occasions wayyy before she became a co-host on The View, She pretty much gave herself that nickname without formally saying it, lol.

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 7
44 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And yeah, Meghan is the first host (that I can recall), who gives the audience dirty looks or calls them out for clapping or cheering when something she doesn't like is said by the other hosts.

I think she said yesterday that coming from cable news, she's still getting used to it. But she definitely gives the audience dirty looks sometimes when they clap. It's a Liberal show and most of the audience are also probably Liberal, so she's going to have to get used to the audience being told to clap more for the other co-hosts. She knew this before she signed up.

12 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Can we get Ana Navarro?  Even if she's a Republican, she isn't obnoxious.

I love Ana, but as another poster mentioned, she has been on before. They don't normally bring her back, probably because she's also anti-Trump and wouldn't offer much of a counter-argument (ala MM "Both Sides").

• Love 8
15 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Did anyone notice when MM was on her Paul Ryan spiel, Sarah interrupted with some silliness and Whoopi jerked her on the arm while gesturing towards MM. It was as if she was shutting Sarah up so that MM could continue.

I noticed that, too. What is up with Whoopi treating MM extra special? She's not really "new" anymore so that can't be it. MM has been a commentator on a panel over at Fox before and they were frequently interrupting each other minus a studio audience so it can't be that she's getting used to the format of the show, either. What gives? I know most of us have asked this question plenty of times but I just don't get it.

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 8

Whewwww the ladies are getting sheisty today!

Talking about all of these politicians being exposed for sexual harassment/assault, Joy brought up Trump and MM cut her off. Sunny tries to clarify what she thinks Joy's point is and Sara starts talking over Sunny. Whoopi of course cuts to commercial. Sara was getting really loud with Sunny. Seems like she was trying to come to MM's defense.

Once again, they switch gears after commercial break. I wanted to hear Sunny's point but Sara was talking over her.

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, lexytheblasian said:

What is up with Whoopi treating MM extra special?

Yep...and from Day One.  She gave her too many sweet little smiles...like a grandmother SO PROUD of her extremely successful and beautiful granddaughter.  Sunthin's* up.

Something got lost in the original posting.  I think this was in response (and probably I thought I quoted it) to someone's comment about MM's giving the audience the side-eye and giving a comment to an audience member.    Maybe MM thinks that's what Whoopi does and she's following her lead.  Whoopi, on the other hand, is smirking and grimacing TO (not at) the audience ABOUT her cohosts' comments.

*™Gretchen on Real Housewives/OC

Edited by Former Nun
added a sentence...and so much more
  • Love 9

Whoopi just got smart with Sunny, again. They're talking about the three basketball players who were caught staling in China. Whoopi was trying to make a joke, and Sunny made a comment. Whoopi says, "let me make my joke!" Sunny apologizes and and Whoopi says, "I can't make my joke now because you already did." 

I'm really sick of Whoopi disrespecting and smarting off to Sunny. 

Sunny. Girl. Stop apologizing, You are a former prosecutor.

I'm starting to wonder if she will get the ax next...

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 14
43 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

What is up with Whoopi treating MM extra special?

It is a puzzlement.  Is she starstrsuck by MM's last name/family?  Maybe Whoop isn't as blase' and aloof as she'd like us to believe.  Or is she afraid of MM, because blondie looks like she'd cut you.  Plus she has "connections" in high places.  Or...or... is this all part of a machiavellian (sp) plan on Whoopie's part to lure MM into her web and then verbally pounce on her someday, and she never saw it coming.

Anyway, on today's show did MM yet again disrespect Joy?  MM was on one of her non-stop tangents when she suddenly said, Oh Joy I see you looking at  your watch.  Yeah, Meghan, so was I because once  you start yapping, you NEVER shut up.   Also, Whoopie was a bitch to Sunny.  On this show everybody jumps in and talks over everyone, so what makes Whoopie so special that they must all take a vow of silence when she's pontificating.  I don't usually mind her as much as most others do, but she really pissed me off today with that pissy attitude toward a co-worker.

• Love 19
1 minute ago, lexytheblasian said:

Whoopi just got smart with Sunny, again. They're talking about the thee basketball players. Whoopi was trying to make a joke, and Sunny made a comment. Whoopi says, "let me make my joke!" Sunny apologizes and and Whoopi says, "I can't make my joke now because you already did." 

I'm really sick of Whoopi disrespecting and smarting off to Sunny. 

Sunny. Girl. Stop apologizing, You are a former prosecutor.

Whoopi loathes Sunny and makes no bones about it. Her treatment of Sunny is reaching Rosie levels. I'm out if The View loses Sunny due to bully Whoopi!   

• Love 20
Just now, Catnip said:

Whoopi loathes Sunny and makes no bones about it. Her treatment of Sunny is reaching Rosie levels. I'm out if The View loses Sunny due to bully Whoopi

I agree. Sunny keeps on cowering to Whoopi's bullying. I think I'm done if she gets the ax, too. This has been going on since Sunny became a permanent co-host on the show. Whatever Whoopi's beef is with Sunny, she needs to talk about it offstage because it's starting to make me not like her as much.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

It is a puzzlement.  Is she starstrsuck by MM's last name/family?  Maybe Whoop isn't as blase' and aloof as she'd like us to believe.  Or is she afraid of MM, because blondie looks like she'd cut you.  Plus she has "connections" in high places.  Or...or... is this all part of a machiavellian (sp) plan on Whoopie's part to lure MM into her web and then verbally pounce on her someday, and she never saw it coming.

All three of those things are a possibility but I'm starting to think she's afraid of MM. Hard to imagine the big, bad and opinionated Whoopi being afraid of MM but I think that's what it is. Seeing MM on segments of Fox, she isn't afraid to give anyone a tongue lashing. All this time MM has been on the show and not once has Whoopi challenged her on anything and vice versa, as if they have some secret, mutual understanding not to go at it with each other. 

11 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Anyway, on today's show did MM yet again disrespect Joy? 

MM got smart with her, yet again. 

11 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

I don't usually mind her as much as most others do, but she really pissed me off today with that pissy attitude toward a co-worker.

And it's almost always directed towards Sunny only. It's so obvious that she doesn't like Sunny at all, for whatever reason.

• Love 8

I don't see anybody getting the ax anytime soon.  The tension between Sunny and Whoopi is exactly what the producers want.  That's part of the reason why they hired MM.  I know posters don't like it, I certainly don't, but it's what the producers are living for.  They don't want a lively hour long chat fest on current topics by five women of different backgrounds and stages of life.  The producers want a bitchfest that Access Hollywood and The Insider will report about.  The producers basically want a daytime version of The Real Housewives of ABC.

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

I believe Whoopi was instrumental in the hiring of MM. 

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

The producers want a bitchfest that Access Hollywood and The Insider will report about.  The producers basically want a daytime version of The Real Housewives of ABC.

I agree with this. It just sucks to see Sunny being treated that way. I don't feel sorry for her though, to be honest. She's a grown woman, very bright and if she can handle being a prosecutor, she can certainly handle Whoopi but she chooses not to.

It's also a possibility that Sunny may leave on her own accord. Probably not anytime soon, though.

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, NeverLate said:

I think it would be great if the clapping seals didn't clap after every sentence, but that's just me..

The producers have no respect for the at-home audience.  They probably still have the old-fashioned "APPLAUSE" signs flashing in the studio.  They definitely have a production assitant or four running around waving their arms for the audience to "participate" by clapping/cheering.  It's such a false atmosphere.   Maybe someone here who has attended a show can explain what goes on.

Edited by Former Nun
I bolded!
  • Love 3

I attended a few talk shows (The View, The Rosie O'Donnell show, Regis & Kelly).  They generally have a comic to warm up the audience, get everybody in a celebratory mood.  Every time I went to a show, it was with a group of friends, and we were there to have fun, so I can totally understand the audience being whipped up into a frenzy over a second banana on a basic cable sitcom.

• Love 3

I used to like Meghan McCain. As an independent, I used to find her to be reasonable and likable. Now, she acts like an entitled, arrogant brat, much like Elisabeth Hassellbeck. Why is the rest of the panel coddling her and her self-righteous, grandstanding whims?? And now Whoopi is all of a sudden less strident, just when we need another "Bitsy" smackdown?? So miss Jedediah Bilah. Didn't agree with her much, but she was way more pleasant and likable than this self-righteous brat.

Edited by bluemosaic
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Former Nun said:

The producers have no respect for the at-home audience.  They probably still have the old-fashioned "APPLAUSE" signs flashing in the studio.  They definitely have a production assitant or four running around waving their arms for the audience to "participate" by clapping/cheering.  It's such a false atmosphere.   Maybe someone here who has attended a show can explain what goes on.

I've attended Ellen Leno and Everyone  loves Raymond no laugh lights. They had warm up people also kept studio cold.to keep ya wake alert I guess.  Raymond fed us pizza. 

• Love 3

I didn't see the show today, but when I saw the posts about Al Franken, I said, Oooooh, sh*t !!!!   I really like(d) him.  I don't know what guys are thinking.  Very disappointing.  I would have thought it of Louis CK, judging by his comedy routines.

Regarding the clapping seals. I've been to one comedy show & there was always somebody motioning for applause.  I didn't.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Catnip said:

I believe Whoopi was instrumental in the hiring of MM. 

I know I posted this before. I looked to see if Whoopi has any producer credits for this show. She does not. And Meghan, other than calling Whoopi the Queen of the show, or whatever she said on her first day, hailed Bitsy as her hero and stated how proud she was to be sitting in her seat.

• Love 6
47 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I know I posted this before. I looked to see if Whoopi has any producer credits for this show. She does not. And Meghan, other than calling Whoopi the Queen of the show, or whatever she said on her first day, hailed Bitsy as her hero and stated how proud she was to be sitting in her seat.

I'm sorry, I thought I'd seen that she was a producer, I guess I was wrong. She might have had a say if Meghan was hired, I don't think so though.

3 hours ago, lexytheblasian said:

Sunny keeps on cowering to Whoopi's bullying. I think I'm done if she gets the ax, too.

I think Whoopi is threatened when she can't be the Queen Bee. She didn't like Rosie because Rosie had successfully run a successful talk show (and could out-moderate Whoopi if she so chose). My theory on why she doesn't like Sunny is that they are both women of color from the projects; Sunny is an educated, well-spoken professional who has a traditional family and Whoopi is the opposite of that.  (I don't care how many times Whoopi says she didn't want that, I don't believe her, given the number of times she has married.) And while she is wildly successful, I don't think she likes having someone else with a rags-to-riches story, as they both have (and for which I admire them both).

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, ChicagoCita said:

My theory on why she doesn't like Sunny is that they are both women of color from the projects; Sunny is an educated, well-spoken professional who has a traditional family and Whoopi is the opposite of that.

I think I said something similar awhile ago on this thread. Sunny is this attractive, light-skinned and educated mixed woman and a bit on the conservative side; Whoopi is the complete opposite (not saying she isn't smart because she didn't go to college and I'm not trashing her because of her looks). 

She is just so nasty towards Sunny, it's hard to believe there isn't some slight jealousy there... like she doesn't want the other woman of color to upstage her or make her look stupid. And I say this as a mixed girl myself.

• Love 12