Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 11/13/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Its nice Meghan is going to adopt. Lucky child.

1 minute ago, lexytheblasian said:

I'm watching in real time and the Ice Princess is on a roll today! I am convinced somebody pulled her aside and talked to her about her previous weeks on the show,

Maybe, I just feel she is settling in I think she's a nice addition.

Just now, lexytheblasian said:

Could be. I've seen her on other shows before though and she was pretty snarky and combative at times.

Just now, lexytheblasian said:

Could be. I've seen her on other shows before though and she was pretty snarky and combative at times.

So is Whoopi! I've seen her in interviews and the snark is there..:)

• Love 1

Clearly Meghan's been talked to by someone. Either by her daddy or by people behind-the-scenes because she's finally sat her ass down. A little surprised they decided to talk about Bill Clinton today rather than, say, Theresa May condemning Russia or Trump, Jr. being revealed to have ongoing contact with Wikileaks. Who chooses their "hot" topics?? Meghan?

8 hours ago, mrbean5411 said:

One of the reasons that women are happier than men at being single is when it is the result of divorce. Men usually get the short end of the stick when it comes to divorce. They lose their house, their kids and have to pay alimony and/or child care payments. How many women would be happy if this happened to them? This definitely is a contributing factor to men's dissatisfaction at being single which nobody ever seems to mention.

They didn't talk about single "divorced" women or single "divorced" men. They talked about how women are generally happier before marriage and unhappier in marriage--and why is the opposite true for men. I'm guessing the fact that the expectations of marriage and family generally fall on women has something to do with it. 

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, geekburger said:

I’m still shoook Whoopi hasn’t hogged all the air time and has been engaged since MM joined. For some reason Sarah is getting lost in the shuffle which i hate cause she was really shining just a few months ago.

I noticed that, too. I almost forgot she was there during some segments today.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Clearly Meghan's been talked to by someone. Either by her daddy or by people behind-the-scenes because she's finally sat her ass down. A little surprised they decided to talk about Bill Clinton today rather than, say, Theresa May condemning Russia or Trump, Jr. being revealed to have ongoing contact with Wikileaks. Who chooses their "hot" topics?? Meghan?

They didn't talk about single "divorced" women or single "divorced" men. They talked about how women are generally happier before marriage and unhappier in marriage--and why is the opposite true for men. I'm guessing the fact that the expectations of marriage and family generally fall on women has something to do with it. 

LOL! I am really curious about what their meetings are like.

The Bill Clinton thing does sound like something Elsa would pitch. I get that they want to be fair and balanced but we're never going to be seeing Bill Clinton on any ballot ever again. We've known about his alleged and proven sexual misconduct for more than two decades now. Articles of impeachment were drawn up on the man, for God's sake. I also don't recall any allegations of sexual misconduct with minors against Bill Clinton.

I'm surprised they didn't bring up Trump Jr. and if they did, I don't remember hearing it.

• Love 11

Speaking of Sara, I’d love for Mary J. Blige to guest co-host while Sara Haines is out like Whoopi mentioned. I hope that happens.

Of course, writing that, I couldn't help thinking you'd assume they'd just have Paula fill-in since she is a co-host of this show, but no way will Whoopi let that happen.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Speaking of Sara, I’d love for Mary J. Blige to guest co-host while Sara Haines is out like Whoopi mentioned. I hope that happens.

Of course, writing that, I couldn't help thinking you'd assume they'd just have Paula fill-in since she is a co-host of this show, but no way will Whoopi let that happen.

I hope that doesn't happen. Having Paula co-host on Friday's is enough.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, mrbean5411 said:

One of the reasons that women are happier than men at being single is when it is the result of divorce. Men usually get the short end of the stick when it comes to divorce. They lose their house, their kids and have to pay alimony and/or child care payments. How many women would be happy if this happened to them? This definitely is a contributing factor to men's dissatisfaction at being single which nobody ever seems to mention.

Oh, boo hoo.  What short end?  Paying child support?  Poor guys!  

1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I'm guessing the fact that the expectations of marriage and family generally fall on women has something to do with it. 

I'm guessing that, too.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, lexytheblasian said:

Side note: Has anyone noticed that she added "Ice Princess" to her twitter profile?! Elsa! :D

And that's just sad. I learned a long time ago from a boss (who was quite a bit younger than me!) that strong people act, weaker people react. Meghan just let all her critics know they got to her.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Hmm, pass. 

• Love 2

I've only been watching the first couple segments lately, but did see the "new" Meghan yesterday.  Like a totally different person.  But still pretty long-winded. 

I also felt bad, again, for Sara and her abbreviated birthday celebration. Maybe they'll make it up to her with a full-show baby shower.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, lexytheblasian said:

LOL! I am really curious about what their meetings are like.

The Bill Clinton thing does sound like something Elsa would pitch. I get that they want to be fair and balanced but we're never going to be seeing Bill Clinton on any ballot ever again. We've known about his alleged and proven sexual misconduct for more than two decades now. Articles of impeachment were drawn up on the man, for God's sake. I also don't recall any allegations of sexual misconduct with minors against Bill Clinton.

I'm surprised they didn't bring up Trump Jr. and if they did, I don't remember hearing it.

Bill C was mentioned, because the women he was involved with, weren't believed.

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

I thought Joy took it too far with her, "I don't want to be looked at. I don't want to be complimented. Etc."

Ok, settle down, Joy!

I think that she was talking about being objectified by men. It just came out wrong. 

• Love 12
5 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Au contraire!   Maybe men "sometimes" get the short end.   If women do get the house, they often lose it because they can't afford it.  Most women DO NOT get alimony  ... and the child support generally doesn't cover ALL expenses.  Those divorced women now have to work (which they probably did before) and then provide E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G. their children need on a daily basis with the help of (often sporadic) child support payments.  If the children are lucky, the fathers will have visitation on weekends ... and some will comply.  This is just "some" families, of course.

In the state of Michigan there is no alimony.  In all the divorces I have known the women always do worse but seem to be happier.  It is usually the men that have the good pensions and the better jobs and the expectation that they will get to retirement with their job.  Women are often paid less, have less benefits and in today's economy it is rare for a woman to actually work until retirement.  Many women are layed off or their jobs are restructured for the cheaper labor market.

Here is an example that I am watching right now - My handyman is a skilled trades worker at one of the big 3.  He is going on 30 years and will retire in the next year or so.  His wife of 30 years has stayed home, her choice, and then when the kids were grown she worked at the local old age home for $12 an hour for 27 hours a week which means no benefits or paid time off.  She just quit that job and she and her daughter have decided to go their own way.  The daughter also works at the same old age home as her mom did.  Her husband, my handyman, tried to talk to her and ask to see a counselor or to rework their relationship.  He is devastated.  Legally, the only thing she is entitled to is 1/2 of the homes value when they sell it.  She will have to pay the lease on her car herself as will the daughter since they will no longer be tied to the employee lease.  The phones alone will cost her a fortune since they are all bundled in a group of 4 with the husband and the son.  The wife wants the son to stay with the father and she and the daughter will just leave after the sale of the house.  The son is also feeling bad for she doesn't seem to want him.  I am shocked because I have known this family for  10 years and by all accounts I thought they had a good relationship.

Even her own attorney said that she will be financially devastated even if she does get some of his pension.  She will lose her health insurance.  She will lose all the perks of being a wife of an auto worker.  Most people don't realize that the "friends and family" discount is a lesser tier to having the actual auto worker put his/her name on the vehicle.  Once she changes addresses she has to re-lease the car in her own name or turn it in.  Just the insurance and everything else that he pays for, and rightly so, is not something she is even contemplating.  She says she would rather not spend one more year in a life she wants to change.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 12
8 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

And that's just sad. I learned a long time ago from a boss (who was quite a bit younger than me!) that strong people act, weaker people react. Meghan just let all her critics know they got to her.

Idk, her adding "Ice Princess" could mean one of two things to me: the rumors of her being known as the cold-hearted one backstage are true OR she's purposely trolling haters and calling herself the "Ice Princess" because it fits a certain narrative about her. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, NeverLate said:

Bill C was mentioned, because the women he was involved with, weren't believed.

yup and clearly people still dont want to believe them. "bill isnt on the ballot!!!! he was impeached" well he was literally just about to be in the WH again and according to Hillary "run the economy again" sooooo.(and no I dont wanna hear you all respond "TRUMP IS A HARASSER AND IN WH NOW" yeah I know. the RW are gross, terrible hypocrites, I expect the left to be better so dont even try. besides an NBC interview that execs at the time weren't even gonna let happen, Juanita received little mainstream coverage to give her side at the time. not to mention bill has been accused 21 times. just saying as a leftie im tired of the RW being able to point out this hypocrisy. BYE BILL. no more convention speeches, no more awards, no more. Bill abusing his power w/ an intern and him and Hillary not apologizing properly for attacking Monica's character is enough for me to be done with them forever.

Edited by Bmarsh
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, Bmarsh said:

Bill abusing his power w/ an intern

I agree that ethically he was "abusing his power," but that particular intern was quite the stalker at the start.  He should have known and acted better but I've never given her a pass.  He wasn't her first adult male "powerful" conquest.

• Love 15

Whoopi had a good point yesterday. Too bad they had to cut to commercial and when they returned, they went on about some fluffy piece. I think.

And that is, there is a difference between adultery and being a sexual harasser/predator, when the subject of Bill Clinton came up. In my opinion, I think Bill Clinton was a serial cheater. This was nothing new. I don't put him in the same category as Weinstein, Spacey, Hoffman, C.K., Ratner, Toback, etc. Yes, it's a very good thing that all these women who were and are being harassed can feel safe enough to come forward. But, just as there are real victims, there are those that are not. And without veering too off-topic, they mentioned Broderick(sp?) and I didn't/don't find her credible.

And Joy? I'm pretty sure ogling is pronounced as OH-goling, and not "AH-goling" as you kept saying yesterday. Joy looked pretty upset during the first segment. I think the avalanche of all these harassment claims are getting to her. I know they're getting to me, to the point, where I want to just stick my head in the ground and drown out everything. But that's my problem and me coming up against my own demons.

Though she hasn't been combative the past two days, there is still nothing about Meghan I like, nor do I find her a nice person. I just don't.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 17
59 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And that is, there is a difference between adultery and being a sexual harasser/predator, when the subject of Bill Clinton came up. In my opinion, I think Bill Clinton was a serial cheater. This was nothing new. I don't put him in the same category as Weinstein, Spacey, Hoffman, C.K., Ratner, Toback, etc. Yes, it's a very good thing that all these women who were and are being harassed can feel safe enough to come forward. But, just as there are real victims, there are those that are not. And without veering too off-topic, they mentioned Broderick(sp?) and I didn't/don't find her credible.

And let's not forget for most people the only defense they ever offered up for Bill Clinton was he was hound dog.  Unlike all the ridiculous excuses I have heard concerning Roy Moore.

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Though she hasn't been combative the past two days, there is still nothing about Meghan I like, nor do I find her a nice person. I just don't.

For me there is just something inherently mean there.  I don't know if it's entitlement or superiority or what but she just gives off this my views matter more than  yours.  She is what in her 30s?  She comes across as immature but with this I know it all attitude.  You can tell she has never had to struggle for anything in her life.  Good for her but I agree with Scorpio.  I don't like her.

• Love 23
9 hours ago, Bmarsh said:

yup and clearly people still dont want to believe them. "bill isnt on the ballot!!!! he was impeached" well he was literally just about to be in the WH again and according to Hillary "run the economy again" sooooo.(and no I dont wanna hear you all respond "TRUMP IS A HARASSER AND IN WH NOW" yeah I know. the RW are gross, terrible hypocrites, I expect the left to be better so dont even try. besides an NBC interview that execs at the time weren't even gonna let happen, Juanita received little mainstream coverage to give her side at the time. not to mention bill has been accused 21 times. just saying as a leftie im tired of the RW being able to point out this hypocrisy. BYE BILL. no more convention speeches, no more awards, no more. Bill abusing his power w/ an intern and him and Hillary not apologizing properly for attacking Monica's character is enough for me to be done with them forever.

Not sure anyone on this post said they don't believe those women. 

Yeah, he was literally about to be in the WH again and not as President. 

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, susieq147 said:

For me there is just something inherently mean there.  I don't know if it's entitlement or superiority or what but she just gives off this my views matter more than  yours.  She is what in her 30s?  She comes across as immature but with this I know it all attitude.  You can tell she has never had to struggle for anything in her life.  Good for her but I agree with Scorpio.  I don't like her.

I still don't like her, either. 

• Love 6

MM made a little joke about smoking weed, lol.

And the person who tweeted her, saying he wishes MM and her dad die a painful death, is disgusting. I'm glad she reported it and he lost his job. He worked at some Catholic organization.  No matter how much I disagree with someone, I'd never wish death on them or their family. 

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 5
22 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

Did ("Airhead") Sara just call out Vinyasa?

I was wondering the same, merriebreeze

Sexy man?  I'll take Lester Holt, thank you very much!

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 6

I cannot believe the tweets and emails these women get. I might not care for them, but I would never ever think to tweet or email such hate, what's wrong with people!? 

Disgusting!

9 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

Did anyone catch that look on Joy's face when Whoopi said to her, "In a way, you're right; but in a way, you're wrong"?  LOL

Yes, I did..lol

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Listen up, ladies!  Paul Ryan is not even remotely sexy!  Thanks!  Carry on.

I don't think so, but my definition of sexy is not the same as others.

I do think Idris Alba is sexy though, but I thought that over 10 years ago. I don't Like Blake Shelton or think he's sexy ( ugh) 

• Love 4

No accounting for taste. 

Is it ironic they were talking about sexy men in the current climate of outing harassers?  Joy doesn't want anyone telling her she looks nice yet she was picking out her sexy men. 

• Love 7
57 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Listen up, ladies!  Paul Ryan is not even remotely sexy!  Thanks!  Carry on.

Can somebody please post that picture of Paulie flexing his muscles...lol  That is a lot of sexiness oozing out of him, not!

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6
32 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Can somebody please post that picture of Paulie flexing his muscles...lol  That is a lot of sexiness of oozing out of him, not!

He looks like 'Goober' from Andy of Mayberry in that photograph! 

41 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

I don't think so, but my definition of sexy is not the same as others.

I do think Idris Alba is sexy though, but I thought that over 10 years ago. I don't Like Blake Shelton or think he's sexy ( ugh) 

Idris Elba definitely caught my attention in The Wire! 

Edited by Catnip
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, Catnip said:

He looks like 'Goober' from Andy of Mayberry in that photograph! 

Idris Alba definitely caught my attention in The Wire! 

Stringer Bell forever!   There’s a kid in my daughter’s school/daycare named Prince Idris.  

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

For me it's not just the looks that make a man sexy.  When Miranda Lambert was married to Blake Shelton she said she bought him a tree stand as a present. The fact he was a hunter made him ugly to me.  

6 minutes ago, Catnip said:

Idris Alba definitely caught my attention in The Wire! 

There were so many sexy men on the Wire.  God I miss that show.  I've rewatched it three times on DVD.

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, Haleth said:

No accounting for taste. 

Is it ironic they were talking about sexy men in the current climate of outing harassers?  Joy doesn't want anyone telling her she looks nice yet she was picking out her sexy men. 

Pretty ironic indeed. 

I think different men are sexy,and not just looks, the way a man or woman looks is superficial.. One sexy man I knew could/would just talk, he was nothing at all to look at, but he was very cerebral, and that was a turn on.

• Love 3
Just now, NeverLate said:

Pretty ironic indeed. 

I think different men are sexy,and not just looks, the way a man or woman looks is superficial.. One sexy man I knew could/would just talk, he was nothing at all to look at, but he was very cerebral, and that was a turn on.

Intelligence is very sexy..

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, susieq147 said:

For me it's not just the looks that make a man sexy.  When Miranda Lambert was married to Blake Shelton she said she bought him a tree stand as a present. The fact he was a hunter made him ugly to me.  

There were so many sexy men on the Wire.  God I miss that show.  I've rewatched it three times on DVD.

I’m watching law and order now and carver has a role as a defense attorney.

28 minutes ago, roseslg said:

I’m watching law and order now and carver has a role as a defense attorney.

I see actors from the Wire everywhere.  I just watched a  movie a couple weeks ago that had Freemon and Herc in it.

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, susieq147 said:

I see actors from the Wire everywhere.  I just watched a  movie a couple weeks ago that had Freemon and Herc in it.

If you watched John Wick, Freemon and Daniels are in it.  Daniels is the second one as well.  My husband and I love spotting them in other roles.  I think 85% of the cast have been on Law and Order.  

In regards to the show, I never did get that whole sexiest/man woman alive bs.  Maybe one day there will be the kindest person alive/most compassionate, etc. 

• Love 4