Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 11/13/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

OK......this has been bothering me all day and I think this is what I feel now without additional information.

What Franken did was wrong, and not funny - it was juvenile. Stupid, in fact. Actually not nice either.

Leeann is a strong woman and certainly knew how to handle herself after her past of working for Hooters, Playboy, Maxims etc. OK - or because she is a strong woman regardless. And she did immediately handle the kiss in the moment. 

I think there was a personality conflict on that trip. Franken handled it childishly. Like the devils horns and goatee, lol.

Wish the panel had asked her about her feelings about the Trump women and the Moore girls. MM choose to deflect to Clinton that led to an Impeachment and disbarment, btw.

IMO Franken was hardly trying to seduce her. With the kiss or otherwise. Or even trying to overpower her since he said he remembered the incident differently but nevertheless apologized sincerely as he should have and asked for an investigation of this actions.

I just can't compare this to pedophilia, groping women alone, inviting them to their home or hotel room with an intention, walking into pageant changing rooms etc.

Let the Franken investigation commence......he has apologized sincerely over and over.....we'll all see what happens.

• Love 19

MM was hyper alert during Joy's questioning of the Franken accuser.  Then abruptly ended the interview to prevent Joy from asking another question. 

I don't think there is any chance of Megan getting fired. A maudlin as it sounds, I think The View wants to be there with the inside track to John McCain's demise. JMO.

I remember seeing MM on various shows in the past and I enjoyed her. She was light and fun and easygoing. She has really changed.  She looks ready for a fight every day. Someone called in to Watch What Happens Live and asked Andy Cohen if he thought she was a good fit because she seens so angry and argumentative. She is a friend of Andy Cohan's. Andy said he thought she was a great addition. But he kind of downplayed their friendship.

She makes it difficult to watch. I havent seen that screw face since Bitsy left.

• Love 16

I’ve figured out what bothers me about MM. She is so spoiled and self-centered that it actually ruins the conversation. When Joy blurted out her little “like at Fox news” and Meghan had her snap at Joy moment, it wasn’t about Meghan at all. Joy would have quipped that no matter who is sitting there but MM takes personal offense to the comment and everyone must stop and bow down to her offense. She takes personal offense to almost everything and she’s so sour about it. I do want to hear a panelist’s opinion on the subjects but there is no empathy for others that comes from MM, just too much personal anger. Maybe one day Meghan will figure out that other people’s feelings exist and they are not lesser than hers. 

Also, maybe Mehgan hates Joy so much because Joy was relentless in her critique of Sarah Palin, who MM knows the opinions of Palin probably imo, cost her dad the election, so hate remains for anyone that helped that result. Just a theory, lol. 

• Love 13
12 hours ago, Tammee said:

Is that a possibility?   That she wont be back? Why? Why?  Have you heard something?? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!  Seriously.............no.  Im going to go have a fit now.  I know, I know, adult much?  Bite me bitch go be hard rock somewhere else.

Someone upthread just mentioned how much they'd miss Sara if she left, and I added my comment.  But haven't heard anything to the contrary, so presume she'll be back.

42 minutes ago, whydoiwatchtv said:

Also, maybe Mehgan hates Joy so much because Joy was relentless in her critique of Sarah Palin, who MM knows the opinions of Palin probably imo, cost her dad the election, so hate remains for anyone that helped that result. Just a theory, lol. 

Interesting theory, and certainly possible, as there has to be a reason she had a hate on for Joy from day one.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Tosia said:

I bet Tweeden will get a book deal and Meghan will write the foreward and loan Tweeden her ghost writer. Quite the mountainous molehill. 

The book will probably have six pages ... four of which (including that forward) will be tongue-baths from Tweeden to McCain and vice versa.

3 hours ago, Tosia said:

I so love that Joy is able to come back with a joke or doesn't bother to argue back. Joy shows real class. 

You go, gurl!

• Love 6
4 hours ago, whydoiwatchtv said:

I’ve figured out what bothers me about MM. She is so spoiled and self-centered that it actually ruins the conversation. When Joy blurted out her little “like at Fox news” and Meghan had her snap at Joy moment, it wasn’t about Meghan at all. Joy would have quipped that no matter who is sitting there but MM takes personal offense to the comment and everyone must stop and bow down to her offense. She takes personal offense to almost everything and she’s so sour about it. I do want to hear a panelist’s opinion on the subjects but there is no empathy for others that comes from MM, just too much personal anger. Maybe one day Meghan will figure out that other people’s feelings exist and they are not lesser than hers. 

By gosh, I think you hit the nail on it's head.  She's like The Donald, never gets over a slight!!!

• Love 14

MM just seems like a v8ndictive person especially what happened with the mean tweeter and getting him fired.  She played down to that tweeters level.  She seems to hold a grudge and carries a chip 9n her shoulder.  Probably cause she knows any sort of fame she's gotten is due to her dad and to a lesser extent her mother then any abilities she has.  She's actually a perfect example of upper class privledge.

Whether a c9nservative or not, id avoid any conversati9n w8th someone like her.  There are smart and fun conservatives out there (Nicole Wallace for instance).  Get someone like that as a panelist. 

• Love 6

The topic has drifted so far off-course that we are locking the thread. A new thread will be open tomorrow night for next week’s shows.