Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 11/13/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Whoopi and Sunny took very different paths from a challenging beginning, and they are both very successful women. It's almost like the movie Sliding Doors, where two very different stories play out in the same woman's life, but at the end, she ends up in the same place both times. So I think most people would look at Whoopi and Sunny with admiration. From childhood poverty in the projects to sitting at The View's table is inspiring. But Whoopi feels compelled to put down Sunny. I can only think that jealousy is playing a part, but until we get a Whoopi-dearest tell-all, we won't know for sure.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, ChicagoCita said:

I think Whoopi is threatened when she can't be the Queen Bee. She didn't like Rosie because Rosie had successfully run a successful talk show (and could out-moderate Whoopi if she so chose). My theory on why she doesn't like Sunny is that they are both women of color from the projects; Sunny is an educated, well-spoken professional who has a traditional family and Whoopi is the opposite of that.  (I don't care how many times Whoopi says she didn't want that, I don't believe her, given the number of times she has married.) And while she is wildly successful, I don't think she likes having someone else with a rags-to-riches story, as they both have (and for which I admire them both).

I was going to post something similar, but you so eloquently beat me to it!

• Love 5

Funny of Meghan McCain of all people to criticize anybody else for saying "what about...!" The list of claims and lawsuits alleging sexual assault/molestation against Trump were/are also "serious," so she can STFU. God knows she didn't mind talking about Bill Clinton in face of a Republican senator being banned by a mall for accosting underage girls just this week.

Sara tried to help Meghan out there about how victims have a voice now and people aren't getting passes anymore in relation to Joy's point about Trump, but thankfully Sunny smacked it down. He was elected president a year ago. Things have not changed significantly for sexual predators and their victims since then.

• Love 13
27 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Sara tried to help Meghan out there about how victims have a voice now and people aren't getting passes anymore in relation to Joy's point about Trump, but thankfully Sunny smacked it down. 

Not before she tried to talk over Sunny. 

19 hours ago, backformore said:

I think she just needed to make it political, had to find a Repub Official to name, since she wasn't going to name any of those "liberal Hollywood"  types.  

She always finds a way to let everyone know that she's the conservative at the table. Girl, you couldn't think of anyone other than Paul Ryan?!

I'll admit, at times Joy talks about Trump when the topic at hand has nothing to do with politics but she's toned it down since Elsa arrived. 

• Love 2

Re Whoopi reprimanding Sunny for stepping on her "joke", that was just so unprofessional and embarrassing, for Whoopi, not Sunny.  A pro should be able to roll with that and deal with it bts.

She has done this several times to Joy as well, when she steps on Whoopi's line that is struggling to come out of her mouth. Joy doesn't apologize, she just gives that "so what who cares" look.

• Love 12
Just now, bannana said:

She has done this several times to Joy as well, when she steps on Whoopi's line that is struggling to come out of her mouth. Joy doesn't apologize, she just gives that "so what who cares" look.

Whenever Whoopi does it to Joy and the camera pans back to Joy, I always giggle at her face expressions. She really doesn't care.

2 minutes ago, bannana said:

Re Whoopi reprimanding Sunny for stepping on her "joke", that was just so unprofessional and embarrassing, for Whoopi, not Sunny. 

I really hate when Sunny does that little child-like "sorry Whoopie" voice though. They're both grown ass women.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Former Nun said:

Why do I get a rare message, "You are not allowed to LIKE" ... something or other (I don't recall) from this User ... and then it goes on to accept my "like"?   Do any of you?

I get that periodically, but then it tends to let me like the post a couple seconds later.  If it keeps happening for you, you could submit it in the bugs forum.

Interesting the contrasts.  On one hand we have  Sunny--a smart, educated, professional, beautiful, talented woman of color --who backs down when Whoopi criticizes her--which she does daily. I believe Sunny lets Whoopi get away with it because Sunny has been raised to respect her elders and Whoops has some power behind the scenes. 

On the other hand, we have  the self-described tough chick, ice princess, entitled trust funder Meghan--who complains about overwhelm of news about sexual harrassment cases, and whines about the ongoing stress of Trump tweets and criticism--and gets pissy when others, like the ladies or the audience, disagree with her, interrupt her, or look at their watches instead of paying rapt attention to the pearls of fake facts coming from her lips.   

Just sayin'. 

FLOVE  that Joy said, "We agree", when Elsa was holding forth like she was the only one arguing that harrassment was disrespectful of her friend.  Meghan really needs to learn diplomacy. 

Edited by Tosia
Please God, let Sunny have an ironclad contract for many years.
  • Love 23
2 hours ago, lexytheblasian said:

Whenever Whoopi does it to Joy and the camera pans back to Joy, I always giggle at her face expressions. She really doesn't care.

I really hate when Sunny does that little child-like "sorry Whoopie" voice though. They're both grown ass women.

When the end of the world comes, I'm pretty sure Joy will still be hosting The View. She's seen it all on the show - the best and the worst. 

Fuck MM and her snide comments. So what if Joy looked at her watch? Its that kind of stuff that makes me cringe while watching. 

Whoopi and Sunny? I don't read it the same way as the board seems to. I don't see it as malicious on Whoopis part - she's just being a cranky old broad. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, useryikes said:

I had to snicker when MM was singing the praises of Leeann Tweeden, and mentioned that she was a Playboy model.  

It has been reported by other USO people that Leeann was not asleep when that "posed" picture was taken of Al Franken laughing while "molesting" her.  It was part of the fun.    I sure hope she isn't making things bad for the women who have legitimate complaints.

• Love 17
8 minutes ago, DB in CMH said:

I don't read it the same way as the board seems to. I don't see it as malicious on Whoopis part - she's just being a cranky old broad. 

Lol. Someone said Whoopi is just “messing” with Sunny and that this is all in good humor. If that’s the case, why hasn’t she called MM or others out for their facial expressions?

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, DB in CMH said:

Fuck MM and her snide comments. So what if Joy looked at her watch? Its that kind of stuff that makes me cringe while watching. 

And it's not a mere watch ... it's her access to phone calls, email, and the Internet = the Apple Watch.   When did panelists start calling out others for things they're doing off camera?  I'm sure there's a lot of adjusting of seats, hair, using Kleenex, checking for impeachment news, etc.   Can someone please give Megan a pamphlet of "So You Want to be a Cohost" guidelines?

4 minutes ago, DB in CMH said:

Whoopi and Sunny? I don't read it the same way as the board seems to. I don't see it as malicious on Whoopis part - she's just being a cranky old broad. 

Maybe it's not exactly malicious, but it's directed at one particular person WAY MORE than any other.  Megan, of course, has some sort of divine dispensation.

• Love 16

What on God's Green Earth was Sara wearing today? Those three *very* bright colours! And why is she always in long sweater dresses? She is tall and has a great figure, but sometimes I'd love to see her in something that doesn't pronounce her stomach! 

What can I say except to agree with everyone about MM. A total bitch, a whiny brat, an entitled airhead, the list goes on! I hate the way she snarks at Joy. She is so mean-spirited. 

And I would love for Sunny to truly stand up to Whoopi, but that would probably cause too much tension. Sigh.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, Former Nun said:

And it's not a mere watch ... it's her access to phone calls, email, and the Internet = the Apple Watch.   When did panelists start calling out others for things they're doing off camera?  I'm sure there's a lot of adjusting of seats, hair, using Kleenex, checking for impeachment news, etc.   Can someone please give Megan a pamphlet of "So You Want to be a Cohost" guidelines?

Maybe it's not exactly malicious, but it's directed at one particular person WAY MORE than any other.  Megan, of course, has some sort of divine dispensation.

So fucking rude. Just awful. I think she's accusing Joy of blowing her off, when Joy is far too professional to do that. She's been doing this for 19 fucking years, Meghan. She knows how to keep the show running smoothly at this point. 

I have no idea what the deal is between MM and Whoppi. There's some weird pride Whoppi seems to have in Meghan that I just don't see.

As for Whoppi and Sunny, I have no idea. Maybe with their similar backgrounds Whoppi feels she has more latitude to chide Sunny? I think Sunny's reaction is more telling - she never shrinks back, but instead laughs it off when Whoppi calls her out. That's why I read their interactions as more affection than anything. 

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, DB in CMH said:

I think Sunny's reaction is more telling - she never shrinks back, but instead laughs it off when Whoppi calls her out. That's why I read their interactions as more affection than anything. 

Sunny definitely shrinks back and tries to make light of the situation because otherwise it'd be awkward as hell. Take yesterday's show, for example. The way Sunny looked down and said "Sorry Whoopi" in that baby-voice. Or when Whoopi griped, "Did you just roll your eyes at me?" a few shows back. Sunny, once again said, with that baby-voice, "I didn't roll my eyes at you."

Also on yesterday's show, while they were talking about the latest sexual harassment allegations, the camera was on Whoopi and I guess Sunny motioned to her that there was some breaking news because mid-sentence, Whoopi says "What?" to Sunny, like she was irritated that she was interrupted. I think Sunny was reading Sen. Al Franken's public statement.

There are a some more times but basically what I'm saying is that the "affection" seems to be one-sided and it's not coming from Whoopi.

• Love 16

My girl Joy is giving it to MM today! They just cut to commercial and I hope Whoopi doesn't switch gears again.

MM: "What about the hypocrisy of Bill Clinton?"

Me: "SHUT UP MEGHAN!"

Side note: Ana Navarro will co-host next week. I can't WAIT for that. Love her.

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 16
8 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

Sara looks so pretty today. 

Funny - I thought Paula stole Sara's "pretty" today.

YAY for Tuesday - Ana Navarro is co-hosting.  That could be an interesting comparable to MM right on the spot!  A "Conservathon"!

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

It's going to interesting!

Ana Navarro can 'cut a bitch!' She's one of the most outspoken commentators speaking out against Trump!  Interesting indeed!

• Love 18
4 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

MM wants to take Joy down but I seriously don't see that happening, as evidenced on today's show.

I feel that Whoopie is egging her on, on the low.  She is a hateful person and she wonders why people were not so nice to her in LA.  Her bitterness about her time over there is palpable.  She will not last long on this show.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Apprentice79 said:

I feel that Whoopie is egging her on, on the low.  She is a hateful person and she wonders why people were not so nice to her in LA.  Her bitterness about her time over there is palpable.  She will not last long on this show.

If so many people aren't nice to you Meghan then perhaps you should look in the mirror and ask yourself why.

• Love 19

When Joy asked Leeann Tweeden about Trump, MM cut to her work with veterans! I wanted to hear more. MM is unbelievable. Why didn't anyone check her for changing the subject?! Whoopi?!

My God, I want her gone. I cannot STAND her.

3 minutes ago, susieq147 said:

If so many people aren't nice to you Meghan then perhaps you should look in the mirror and ask yourself why.

Nah, she's the Ice Princess remember? Cold-hearted people usually revel in making everyone's lives miserable when challenged.

8 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I agree with all of this. I think Whoopi is feeding into it, for sure -- in a very subtle way. 

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

MM wants to take Joy down but I seriously don't see that happening, as evidenced on today's show.

Wow!!! The hubris of a 33 year old spoiled brat that only got jobs because of her father thinking she could actually vye with  70+ self-made woman's experience, intelligence, snd knowledge of the business (show and poliitics and history) is stunning!    Seriously, what an ego!!!!  

I can only guess that MM 's dad pulled MAJOR strings to get her on the show, as well as appealed to Whoopi to protect his daughter,  and the powers that be to give her time to spiel her info that she "researched" from other tv shows.

It is to laugh. 

(You all know who I'm talking about, right? :)....)

Edited by Tosia
Ridiculous and a poor moderator cuz she's afraid of real questions.and cannot seque into a topic smoothly. So desperate.
  • Love 17

Those "powers that be" need to be reading all of the backlash against Elsa and do something, fast.

5 minutes ago, Catnip said:

What happened to Whoopi free Fridays? Anyone? 

I was wondering the same thing. Her and Paula actually at the table together? Interesting.

I'm glad MM isn't at the table with Bob Saget. The conversation is very light. I mean, you kind of have to have a sense of humor, so naturally MM doesn't belong at the table for that segment.

• Love 12
15 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I think I'd dislike Meghan regardless of her political views.  She's just not very likable.

Yeah, the moment yesterday when she was talking and she called out Joy for "looking at her watch!"  really pissed me off.  She reminded me of my 8th grade teacher who used to read into all kinds of gestures, noises, looks, as being reactions to her.  It's not all about you Meghan.  And even if Joy was looking at her watch to see how long you've been talking - so what? Calling attention to it just made MM look like the bitter bitch she is. 

And then, talking about sexual misconduct, when trump is brought up, Meghan says "we're not talking about trump right now."  But then when they are talking about Roy Moore and trump, Meghan jumps in to say "what about Bill Clinton?"   I can't stand MM's self-righteous bullshit.

Franken's accuser - I'm sorry, but someone drawing devil horns on a photo?  And you're going to take offense at that?   Gee, I've done that at staff meetings to amuse my co-workers.  Even the offensive photo - though I get that it's offensive - is, to me, like something high school girls do at a sleepover.  Juvenile, yes.  but not criminal.   

Edited by backformore
  • Love 18

Not watching today. Wasn't in the mood to get upset. So, of course, I came here to read comments! And get upset! MM attacking Joy, again. Whoopi and Paula both there. Who's not there?

Yeah, MM is not impressing me at all. I did notice less eye rolling this week, but her attacks on Joy are maddening.  What happened to "respecting your elders"?  Joy is just a few years younger than John McCain.  And, if you disregard Joy's age, MM is new. Joy's been there since the beginning, albeit with a couple year break. 

And Whoopi always attacking Sunny is maddening too.   

I've found myself turning the show off earlier than usual this week, as as mentioned, didn't turn it on today.  Might be getting that full hour of my day back soon.

• Love 9
42 minutes ago, Catnip said:

What happened to Whoopi free Fridays? Anyone? 

I have a feeling that during sweeps, she has to be there on Fridays. Since the powers that be, erroneously believe that she is the draw...

41 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I think I'd dislike Meghan regardless of her political views.  She's just not very likable.

According to her, the big bad Liberals, especially, the ones in LA and Hollywood, hate her because she is a conservative.  I am sure that she got inoculated against liberalism when she signed  to be on the show..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 12
9 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

According to her, the big bad Liberals, especially, the ones in LA and Hollywood, hate her because she is a conservative.  I am sure that she got inoculated against liberalism when she signed  to be on the show..

There are plenty of conservatives in Hollywood.  And they do fine.  Difference is they are nice.  With the exception of Patricia Heaton whom I loathe I don't mind conservative celebs.  It's when they are obnoxious about their political views that I write them off.  Because it can't be said enough MEGHAN it's not your political persuasion that is the problem it's your personality.

• Love 17

MM is just immature and rude. She needs to take some voice lessons as well because her vocal fry is annoying. Her calling Joy out yesterday for looking at her watch, which is an Apple and has her emails etc. and her shouting out that Joy was being "cheap" with her remark is unprofessional and tiresome. I liked Jed. She could speak her views and at least enjoy the segments. 

Whoopi needs to actually start moderating MM since it is quickly becoming her show. Lastly, I cannot call her "Elsa" because she equates being cold and bitchy as tough. They are not the same - she is rude, argumentative in a juvenile way and is ruining this show for me.

• Love 14
6 hours ago, lexytheblasian said:

Joy is so nonchalant with her comebacks, too. Like she's not worried about MM at all, lol.

I'm sure Joy's experience as a school teacher comes in handy when dealing with petulant childish behavior. Production needs to find a graceful exit for Elsa and soon! I suggest they rotate guest hosts for chemistry in the future -- at the very least, hire someone with a damn personality!  

Edited by Catnip
  • Love 15

Ha ha ha!!! in the first segment Elsa accuses Joy of taking a cheap shot because she said Fox is sexual harassment central.  Instead of just continuing to make her endless point she calls Joy out, then tells us how "exhausted" she is by these discussions.  The job is very exhausting for poor Elsa.  And the fact is, she even poked Joy before that by saying that she watches CNN etc, and was reporting that Dems were calling on Franken to step down.  But she can only dish it out, she cannot take it. 

• Love 22