Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

(edited)
8 hours ago, bannana said:

NutMeg retweeted this tweet and article about Seth Meyers.  She could have let the dust settle but she is carrying it on.

She also retweeted a supposed CNN "schooling" of Tlaib even though Tlaib didn't say what they were accusing her of either. What is wrong with reading comprehension these days? In truth of course, I suspect the people pushing these attacks know exactly what they are doing. Ever since I saw Meghan on This Week bringing up this stuff again while barely being able to contain her smirk, I've felt there's definitely something more sinister to her arguments than just plain stupidity. Whether she understands it fully or not, though, well...

Seeing as more and more people seem to be seeing through these types of accusations, I feel it's going to be very lonely for Meghan out there, just her and her husband clinging together, fighting against a tide of reason. At least, I hope so. They are two vile people who deserve each other.

6 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

I was watching TYT and they talked about Meghan’s abortion comments on the show. Ana Kasparian, who’s known Meghan for years, said that Meghan’s private conversations on this subject don’t exactly match her public ones, implying that all this talk about equating abortion with murder is an attempt by Meghan to earn brownie points from Conservatives. She didn’t give full details on their conversation but wow. I’m sure this won’t make headlines because TYT is an online independent news organization, not one of the giants, but it’s interesting. I’ll post the clip once the live show ends. 

Interesting about what Ana Kasparian said on TYT. I wonder if the conversations they had were before the husband came on the scene? If so, Meghan is doing a really bad job of showing, as she has claimed on The View a number of times, that no man speaks for her. She seems to define herself completely by certain men in her life.

Edited by SuzieSioux
Tried to explain myself better.
  • Love 18
(edited)
6 hours ago, SuzieSioux said:

Interesting about what Ana Kasparian said on TYT. I wonder if the conversations they had were before the husband came on the scene? If so, Meghan is doing a really bad job of showing, as she has claimed on The View a number of times, that no man speaks for her. She seems to define herself completely by certain men in her life.

Good question about whether the conversation happened before or after her hubby came around. And your last statement is so true. I think you’re spot on, although she claims otherwise. If she’s acting like a fool on national television to appease a man, she’s got some serious soul searching to do.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 17
6 hours ago, SuzieSioux said:

.She seems to define herself completely by certain men in her life.

A more true-er statement about MM was never written, SusieSioux.

Dad, Hubbie, vet brothers,  Biden, Joe Lieberman, Clay Aiken, etc.....

MM's one of those people who uses others by name dropping to lend weight to her arguments, because she's done NOTHING of note. 

She's the "useless" idiot. 

• Love 20
7 hours ago, SuzieSioux said:

1 hour ago, Alexis2291 said:

Good question about whether the conversation happened before or after her hubby came around. And your last statement is so true. I think you’re spot on, although she claims otherwise. If she’s acting like a fool on national television to appease a man, she’s got some serious soul searching to do.

57 minutes ago, Tosia said:

Dad, Hubbie, vet brothers,  Biden, Joe Lieberman, Clay Aiken, etc.....

I really do believe he has been a terrible influence on her.  IIRC she said her dad wanted her to get married so she would be taken care of.  That makes me think Meghan can't stand on her own. She needs a man to define who she is.  First it was daddy and now it's hubby.

• Love 19
(edited)

Also, Meghan was once a guest on TYT years ago. I’m not expecting anyone to watch this in full, lol, but just a few minutes in and it’s obvious she’s much more relaxed and a lot less tense and angry. 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Useful 4
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Is this supposed to be a good thing?

E9B42368-F9B0-406D-8766-DCE8F8F4A710.jpeg

So odd, to me, that Rage Tweeter Domenech would be a Craig Ferguson fan. I feel pretty confident that CF would not be a fan of homophobic and misogynistic Mr. NutMeg.

• LOL 1
  • Love 22
5 hours ago, bannana said:

So odd, to me, that Rage Tweeter Domenech would be a Craig Ferguson fan. I feel pretty confident that CF would not be a fan of homophobic and misogynistic Mr. NutMeg.

Her attempts at trying to make Mr. NutMeg seem sane and normal are hilarious to me. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 10

My mom - the most organized person on earth - left us on December 31st. So it was not only efficient for tax purposes for her executor, but it makes it very easy to figure out how long she's been gone.

I've never counted the number of days.

But here's the difference between me and Meghan: I don't define myself by my parents' accomplishments. It never dawned on me until this moment - she perceives herself as the hole in the donut. And when the donut is gone, what happens? The empty space is just ... empty.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

Meghan's wallowing in grief and proud of it isn't helping her.  Once you release the grief you can appreciate the memories. Now when I see or hear something my mother or father would like or hate, it brings a smile to my face, not tears or squinty frowns. And I appreciate the qualities they imparted to ME and MY accomplishments. 

• Love 19

Deirdra: Me too, but boy it was a long process. My sister and I were laughing about how much we miss our Mom's crazy laugh, but then said at the same time "how can we miss it, when we laugh just like her" and then just died laughing.  

Hey, did anybody figure out why she yelled out today My Mother's Cindy McCain for no reason? 

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

Hey, did anybody figure out why she yelled out today My Mother's Cindy McCain for no reason? 

I think it was because her mother let her listen to Howard Stern, though what teen ever asked mommie's permission to listen to the radio? 

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I think it was because her mother let her listen to Howard Stern, though what teen ever asked mommie's permission to listen to the radio? 

Can't picture Meghan asking a parent's permission to do much of anything.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
51 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I thought it was the opposite, like she was pointing out that as cindy McCain's daughter, she wouldn't be expected to be a Howard stern fan.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, tinkerbell said:

I thought it was the opposite, like she was pointing out that as cindy McCain's daughter, she wouldn't be expected to be a Howard stern fan.

Exactly, I could only listen/watch Howard if my parents weren’t around. Meghan always talks about her conservative family. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, atlantaloves said:

Deirdra: Me too, but boy it was a long process. My sister and I were laughing about how much we miss our Mom's crazy laugh, but then said at the same time "how can we miss it, when we laugh just like her" and then just died laughing.  

Yes, we cover it in the weekly topic.

• LOL 1
(edited)

Good grief - she has tweeted 3 times today about Stern defending her and one other photo of the group.

Thinking he is a bigger crush of hers than Paul Ryan. LOL

I think he likes to stir the pot - like with the Rosie comments (lol, he never said Whoopi was "one of his best interviews ever.") And she grew very quiet after that.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
(edited)
8 hours ago, bannana said:

Yes, we cover it in the weekly topic.

I missed  it....why did MM yell out I am Cindy--addict, and trophy adulterer,--McCain' s name? 

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Tosia said:

I missed  it....why did MM yell out I am Cindy--addict, and trophy adulterer,--McCain' s name? 

I'll see if I can find it and post a link.

• Love 1
On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 12:37 PM, Morrissey said:

You are the epitome of grace, class and strength. 

Given the fact that Cindy McCain raised at least one of her children to exhibit a complete lack of manners, class, grace, and compassion every chance she gets, I'm side eyeing that comment with the strength of a Sunny side eye. 

Of course, there are exceptions, but decent parents with a good set of values usually don't create pathologically entitled egomaniacs the likes of Meghan McCain.  

To be fair, Cindy had a prescription drug addiction for some time.  Maybe that's when Meghan went off the rails.  The other kids seem to mind their manners.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
18 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

I assumed it meant that everyone knows Cindy let them do inappropriate things, such as watch/listen to Stern when they were little.  Minimal supervision?

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 3:39 PM, Marathonrunner said:

Has Nutmeg ever said what she thinks should happen to the children of the women who bear them instead of having an abortion?

Adoption? How many has Nutmeg adopted? How many of these women has she personally assisted with child care, sick care duties, clothing allowances, etc.?

Probably the same number as most pro-lifers . . . . none.

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

A Meghan mention on Seth Myers at the 3:05 mark.  Keep watching for Seth's subtle dig about Meghan not going into comedy.  Go Seth.

NutMeg is going to take offense at Aidy making her out to be woot woot high school girl.❄️

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
(edited)
53 minutes ago, bannana said:

NutMeg is going to take offense at Aidy making her out to be woot woot high school girl.❄️

If you're John McCain's daughter and a trust fund baby, you should have a good experience in high school. Did she tell  teachers, "I'm John McCain's daughter. Your job is to listen to me."

Edited by babyhouseman
  • LOL 16
  • Love 6
(edited)
25 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

Did she tell  teachers, "I'm John McCain's daughter. Your job is to listen to me."

They were nuns who know they don't have to take that crap.

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, HaaCHOO said:

They were nuns who know they don't have to take that crap.

I bet EVERYONE kowtowed to MM. Her family probably made a sizable contribution to the school. 

People were nice to her because of her dad and family $. 

• Love 13
(edited)

I liked Aidy's self portrait in highschool/jail.  When I was in highschool we looked to see if there was a "Norwood School" (from Jane Eyre) plaque somewhere on the building or wall.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, falltime said:

NutMeg has no shame.  Denise is Denise McAllister, who is a horrible human being to be sure, but she was fired by Nutmeg's husband soon after this.  Supposedly because of her homophobic tweets, but most surmise it was because of going after NutMeg.  Denise's tweets, it turns out, were no worse than Nutmeg's husband's tweets against Seth Meyer.  Denise is still fired.  NutMeg is revelling in being the answer to a Jeopardy question.

• Love 14
(edited)
35 minutes ago, Haleth said:

It would have been funny if no one had known the answer.

It sure would.  Or at least a long delay before someone hit the button to make a wild guess.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Tosia said:

I bet EVERYONE kowtowed to MM. Her family probably made a sizable contribution to the school. 

People were nice to her because of her dad and family $. 

That doesn't always work.  Perhaps those in administration would have been ordered to be nice, but at girls' school and this girl who (most likely) acted SO entitled?  No, that's where "Mean Girls" come into play.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

That doesn't always work.  Perhaps those in administration would have been ordered to be nice, but at girls' school and this girl who (most likely) acted SO entitled?  No, that's where "Mean Girls" come into play.

Probably so - why haven't any of them come forth.  That would be so interesting.  Picture it - Buzzfeed headline "I went to school with Meghan McCain and..."  Doubt they have a confidentiality agreement with anyone she ever knew.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

I went to a Catholic Church  elementary school in my neghborhood--where my family lived for over 50 years,  and my sister still lives a block away. 

The nuns were nicer to the kids from families with $. They knew what side their bread--and the contributions to the church--were buttered on. 

MM was probably a mean girl.  

Wait,  no probably about it. 

And a brat in class. 

I bet those nuns have stories.  

I wish someone/anyone  would come forward about her, but her mom's deep pockets keep several lawyers on retainer, so I doubt the info would get out, without hell to pay.  And pay seriously.

Also, other people who knew her may have more class than to drag MM through the mud. 

Wait, what am I saying???

Everyone has more class than MM. 

Edited by Tosia
  • LOL 8
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

Probably so - why haven't any of them come forth.  That would be so interesting.  Picture it - Buzzfeed headline "I went to school with Meghan McCain and..."

I've wonderd that same thing ever since her first snotty comment.  

• Love 9

SNL just did a View sketch with Nutmeg constantly whining about not being able to talk......while she's the only one talking.   Lol.   Wonder if this will be mentioned on Monday.  If so, of course, Meggie will say she lovvvvved it, while her ears, neck and chest turn beet red with her usual pissy rage.

• LOL 12
  • Love 11

That must be it.   She must not be too thrilled about MM saying how they went to high school together and making it sound like they were besties.  Hope she had a hand in this skit and got a bit of sweet revenge.

• Love 18
29 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

That must be it.   She must not be too thrilled about MM saying how they went to high school together and making it sound like they were besties.  Hope she had a hand in this skit and got a bit of sweet revenge.

Plus, Seth is a good friend of hers.  I'm sure she didn't like all the mean tweets about Seth.

• Love 20
18 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

Plus, Seth is a good friend of hers.  I'm sure she didn't like all the mean tweets about Seth.

They should’ve mentioned the tweets in the skit. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
(edited)

I like that SNL went in a little more on Meghan. 

"The only daughter at the table" lol

"Let me talk".

"The person most upset"

There is much more they can go after about but it's a start. Her ridiculousness is definitely there. They didn't touch on it much the first time. I'm ok with this episode. 

Still no Sunny? I like sunny but there is so much to make fun of.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 19