Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

Clearly the people McCain surrounds herself with are as reprehensible as she is herself. Omar is proving to be McCain’s undoing and I can’t say how happy I am the first elected Muslim woman is helping to put this rich, privileged daughter-of in the trash can of public opinion where she belongs.

• LOL 1
  • Love 23
4 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Clearly the people McCain surrounds herself with are as reprehensible as she is herself. Omar is proving to be McCain’s undoing and I can’t say how happy I am the first elected Muslim woman is helping to put this rich, privileged daughter-of in the trash can of public opinion where she belongs.

You are the company that you keep.  Why is she so obsessed with her? Megan just loves to hate on somebody who is not like her..

• Love 13
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

As Seth said he was trying to bring them together with some kind of understanding and Meghan gets bitchy and says if I have to be unpopular oh well.  

Meghan you are unpopular for a very good reason and it's not just because of your beliefs.  It's the way you state  your beliefs.  You do it in such an obnoxious smug way it's no wonder you have made yourself the most hated View co host ever. And that is quite an accomplishment considering viewers had to sit through years of Hasselbeck's word salads and screaming What about Obama on an almost daily basis.

Exactly. It’s not that all the viewers are a bunch of Republican hating, close-minded people who aren’t open to those with a different opinion. Her unpopularity is due to her delivery. I’m a huge TV fan and generally like most of the people on the shows I watch. I could see myself hanging out with any of the ladies on The Real, like most of the women on The Talk, like other women on The View, even like a lot of the reality stars a lot of people hate. Meghan is one of the most hostile people on TV. 

I’m someone who initially thought she’d be great and wanted to like her. I thought she seemed nice enough on shows I saw her on years ago, and thought The View could use a young, conservative woman on the show. I also relate to Meghan in some ways. I’m close to her age, enjoy a lot of the same TV, can be shy discussing sex, wasn’t the girl who got married young or knows if I want kids. There are times she is relatable, even likable, but then she always reverts back to being rude and condescending. The other women are saints for putting up with her every day. I’d go nuts. 

• Love 21
50 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Clearly the people McCain surrounds herself with are as reprehensible as she is herself.

This is why nobody close to her tells her to pull herself together.  They are as nasty as she is.

51 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Omar is proving to be McCain’s undoing and I can’t say how happy I am the first elected Muslim woman is helping to put this rich, privileged daughter-of in the trash can of public opinion where she belongs.

Meghan really does think she is better than anyone who isn't s rich white princess like her.  It must really get under her skin that women like Omar and AOC are doing so much more with their lives and actually contributing to trying to make our country better instead of just running their mouths like her.

• Love 24

Watched the Seth Meyers clip after reading MM's husband's response to  the interview.  His response was WAY out of proportion for what happened.  He's a bit scary.   Seth was extremely respectful to her.  When MM started getting agitated, he pulled a Gayle King (a la R Kelly) and started using a calm, soothing voice towards her to calm her down 🙂

• Love 19
(edited)

Not to mention the snarky way in which she asked Seth, "are you her [Ilhan Omar's] publicist?" And Seth literally says, "what?" Put a "bitch" in front of what and that would've been a perfect response. 

Edited by Alexis2291
spelling
  • LOL 3
  • Love 20
15 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Not to mention the snarky way in which she asked Seth, "are you her [Illhan Omar's] publicist?" And Seth literally says, "what?" Put a "bitch" in front of what and that would've been a perfect response. 

Meghan didn't do herself any favors with that little performance.  One of two things will happen. Either shows will stop booking her or they will book her and try to get her to go off the rails.  She is getting Seth a lot of media coverage right now.

• Love 17

Twat has been deluded into thinking that everyone in the media loves (GAK!🤢🤢) her and thinks she soooooo smart because people like Van Jones and though it pains me to type it it, My Darling Stephen Colbert, constantly KISS HER FAT ASS. So when she’s challenged or gets pushback, she goes on the petulant attack/what aboutisms. As was clearly shown with Seth.

😆😆😆😂😂😂😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 21

Oh, and I love how she has to drag poor Joy into this when Seth says he thinks it's important for both sides to be able to have discussions and she says something like "Oh, of course, me too!  I work on The View!  With Joy Behar!!"  Like as if conjuring up Joy's name proves just how willing and able to get along with the other side she is, because of Joy Behar!  Saying it as if Joy is like the devil or something.  Imagine to have to work with her!  The horror!

• Love 22
(edited)
28 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Twat has been deluded into thinking that everyone in the media loves (GAK!🤢🤢) her and thinks she soooooo smart because people like Van Jones and though it pains me to type it it, My Darling Stephen Colbert, constantly KISS HER FAT ASS.

Ughhhh. I feel the same way. Love Colbert, but both times she appeared on his show, he totally threw softball questions. 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 10
(edited)
26 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Oh, and I love how she has to drag poor Joy into this when Seth says he thinks it's important for both sides to be able to have discussions and she says something like "Oh, of course, me too!  I work on The View!  With Joy Behar!!"  Like as if conjuring up Joy's name proves just how willing and able to get along with the other side she is, because of Joy Behar!  Saying it as if Joy is like the devil or something.  Imagine to have to work with her!  The horror!

Yeah it’s the other way around...Lol Joy is the one who deserves a medal for having to work with not just anyone from the other side, but Meghan McCain-someone who’s less than half her age, much newer to the show, got where she is because of her father, and has the nerve to talk down to Joy-an intelligent, self-made woman of a particular age, who has a lot of wisdom and more history on the show.

If Meghan really thinks she’s this fair, respectful, poor little Republican who knows everything because she’s been in politics all her life and manages to get along with big, bad, clueless Joy Behar, she needs more of a reality check than I realized.

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 22

Charming. 

Don't forget:  1) It’s Joy’s job to listen to her! And 2) Meghan has the right to be the authority and spokesperson for the entire Jewish community because he dad was friends with the Liebermans. 

Don't you forget it!

• LOL 19
  • Love 1

From this article about her appearance on Seth Meyer's show: 

McCain hasn't addressed the appearance, except to thank conservative writer Seth Mandel for a pair of tweets calling her an ally and accusing Meyers of "protecting Congress's most prominent antisemite."

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

From this article about her appearance on Seth Meyer's show: 

McCain hasn't addressed the appearance, except to thank conservative writer Seth Mandel for a pair of tweets calling her an ally and accusing Meyers of "protecting Congress's most prominent antisemite."

Does Megan ever denounce Islamaphobia? What a vile human being! I truly despise her..

• Love 23
10 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

She shut her ears down when she realized Seth was trying to point out how her own words could also be used by people to promote hate and add to the death threats that Omar has received. 

Exactly. She doesn’t listen to understand, she listens to respond. What a shitty “political analyst.” 

• Love 20

Seth interviews politicians and pundits often -- of various political stripes. I remember an interview with Sarah Palin where he totally disagreed with her and was kind of disappointed in her answer, but it was ultimately a civil exchange and they were both enjoying themselves.

Meghan only knows how to be pugilistic and that doesn't make for good TV.

• Love 13
32 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Exactly. She doesn’t listen to understand, she listens to respond. What a shitty “political analyst.” 

Yes, she could have avoided looking like an idiot if, when he pointed out that she is again repeating things Ilhan had already apologized for, she had just said something like: fair point, and I do think that we can talk about Israel without bringing anti-Semitic tropes into it.  But we cannot give potentially dangerous language a pass, because etc etc.

She just cannot explain or defend what she has spouted on the View or elsewhere because she has no thoughts of her own.  This is why she just screeches her points without hearing anyone else.  She doesn't want to hear anyone else.

With the way Seth was interviewing her, she didn't have to become defensive, but she has no other way to express herself once she realizes she is in over head.

What is really bad for NutMeg though is the offensive tweets made by her husband.  The interview would probably not have gotten this much negative publicity otherwise.

Dear NutMeg:  The Twitterverse giveth (you were at my wedding Denise) and the Twitterverse taketh away (tweets pointing out that she is supposedly an LGBTQ advocate and yet her husband's tweets are homophobic).

• Love 15
(edited)
4 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Sure, that's it.  You are a jaunting tough chick. 

Oh my god this is brilliant! "Jaunting Tough Chick", I love it! I too cracked up when she said no one was mean to her as an intern because they were either scared of her dad or because she was a tough chick. It's like Meghan McCain bingo! 😂

She really did show the opposite as soon as Seth started talking about her comments on Ilhan Omar. I mean really he could've pushed back a lot harder, but he was polite about it, while insistent. After all, he is interviewing her and if she feels this strongly about it she should be able to 'defend [her] own thoughts' (tm Hasselbeck). Instead she starts attacking him, talking about how confused he is that he is saying what she is saying. And she repeats lies yet again about what Omar said. But it's obvious that Meghan and people like her don't really care about Jewish people, they care about maintaining the status quo to which they benefit from. And to use terms like "anti-semitism" to shut down people who they feel threaten that. If Meghan cared about Jewish people so much she might just pay a bit more attention to all the actual Jews who are siding with Omar against her. It's so telling seeing her and her ilk get so wound up about people like Omar and AOC etc.

When Seth said something like: "I'm getting that feeling [that you're emotional/angry or whatever]." it made me imagine just how unhinged she must seem up close, considering how bad she looks through the computer screen. She really made herself look like a fool for the 486th time.

Edited by SuzieSioux
I wasn't making much sense.
  • Love 19
(edited)
3 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Ughhhh. I feel the same way. Love Colbert, but both times she appeared on his show, he totally threw softball questions. 

I love him too, but unless he's "interviewing" one of his cronies, he never does a good job.  It's almost like HIS blue cards are created by the person he's speaking to.

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, bannana said:

With the way Seth was interviewing her, she didn't have to become defensive, but she has no other way to express herself once she realizes she is in over head.

Guess she needed "My Producer Brian" backstage giving answers through an earpiece...or maybe that guy who had to delete his offensive Tweet to feed her his bogus facts and figures.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Clearly the people McCain surrounds herself with are as reprehensible as she is herself.

And I wonder how many she "jaunted" along the roadside while determining who were worthy to be her stooges.  It must be a draining process, poor princess.

• Love 4
On 5/7/2019 at 8:26 AM, blondiec0332 said:
On 5/7/2019 at 8:05 AM, springtime said:

"... Arizona is an independent-thinking state, and the voters take their vote really seriously, which is why I always think it's so special."

Only in Arizona? Who knew!

So I guess the rest of us who live in the other 49 states just don't give a shit who we vote for.

1. She won't live here, but she votes here.
  2. We're mid-America, so we know best and the rest of you yokels look to us for answers.
  3. We're "so special."

Love, Arizona

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

I burst out laughing when I saw some idiot in the comments who said Johnny Carson would be rolling over in his grave. He wasn't political but he suffered no fools - he would have made mincemeat of her and likely ended her career right then and there. 

I have gotten more respect for Meyers than I did in his years at SNL (I think he's learned some tough lessons about the reality of politics and life today), but he is not someone who is going to go out there and kick ass. He would have been more than polite and friendly with her if she had behaved in any way like an adult. She can't do that, because she has been taught all her life, and is still being taught, that she is always right and always the victim. 

• Love 19
4 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

This. 😑

Thanks to the person who posted the Seth Meyers interview.  I avoid her if I can , outside The View.  Even on there I skip it depending on my mood.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, atlantaloves said:

Suzie: Thank you for that Jimmy Dore clip against RBM, that was so delightfully nasty and of course, wonderful....you are a saint for finding it. Good going girl. IT WAS YUMMY! 

My pleasure! I'm so glad others are enjoying it! Though I must thank my YouTube algorithm for helping out too. Clearly I watch too many videos on people calling out Meghan! 😂

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
55 minutes ago, Pete Martell said:

I burst out laughing when I saw some idiot in the comments who said Johnny Carson would be rolling over in his grave. He wasn't political but he suffered no fools - he would have made mincemeat of her and likely ended her career right then and there. 

I have gotten more respect for Meyers than I did in his years at SNL (I think he's learned some tough lessons about the reality of politics and life today), but he is not someone who is going to go out there and kick ass. He would have been more than polite and friendly with her if she had behaved in any way like an adult. She can't do that, because she has been taught all her life, and is still being taught, that she is always right and always the victim. 

Can you imagine MM on Letterman? He would have mopped the floor with her.

• LOL 4
  • Love 14

He only offered an apology because he was probably forced to. I wonder if RBM was getting blow back from people at ABC due to all the attention her Late Night appearance along with her keyboard warrior husband's Twitter rant are receiving. It just adds to the rumored reasons she took those two days off recently which seem to have already made her employers unhappy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, JakeyJokes said:

Can you imagine MM on Letterman? He would have mopped the floor with her.

Seth could have mopped the floor with her, but he's too much of a gentleman.  After he pointed out the flaws in her rhetoric & over-looked her three glaring grammatical errors, he just let her crawl away, bleeding, but not dead.  I'm amazed that her husband felt it necessary to defend her when she got off so easy!!!

• Love 21

I love Seth Meyer's Closer look segments. Yeah, they're against Trump, but Trump makes it so easy. SM is smart and thoughtful. His wife is a lawyer, and he has his parents and brother on, and they seem well-grounded. 

Meghan just thought he was going to praise her for her father, and how dare Seth go against her. And don't even get into the white man thing. The show has segments where black and gay writers share their views. Not just spoiled white chicks. 

• Love 19