Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

(edited)
28 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I could be wrong but I think every co host has had their husband appear on the show at least once.  Meredith's husband Richard was on several times.  It's very telling Meghan's husband hasn't been on.

He might come to appease Nutmeg. The show seems to want to cater to her, look at how certain topics are watered down to not offend the touch chick's delicate sensibilities.  Yesterday's show was proof of that..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

He might come to appease Nutmeg. The show seems to want to cater to her, look at how certain topics are watered down to not offend the touch chick's sensibilities.  Yesterday's show was proof of that..

Her being on the View has taken a lot of hot topics off the table.  Certain things can't be discussed because of her family ties. She has ruined the show in so many ways.

• Love 23
1 hour ago, atlantaloves said:

Sunfun:  I saw Meeeeeegan on Meyer's show as well, and I thought he was very very kind to her, I don't understand why she got so upset, except maybe he pointed out where she was WRONG. Don't bother with that Federalist article, it is a right wing rag. Horrible. 

So much for her "great debating skills."  Seth was having what would be a normal discussion with anyone but The Princess of Arizona.  She's so touchy because she's so ig-nernt!  She also gave Seth her snotty little Smile of Death.

• Love 20

I wish MM had retweeted Mr. Nutmeg's anti-Semitic & homophobic tweet and the LGBTQ group took back the award they just gave her. She'd be "sick" for a couple of weeks at least.

• Love 18
39 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I wish MM had retweeted Mr. Nutmeg's anti-Semitic & homophobic tweet and the LGBTQ group took back the award they just gave her. She'd be "sick" for a couple of weeks at least.

I hope somebody made a copy of that vile tweet and sent it to that LGBTQ group.  Tweeter reveals the evilness in some people.  Seth did nothing to deserve that kind of tweet.. 

• Love 11
On 5/9/2019 at 7:36 AM, tinkerbell said:

If you watch the entire seth Myers interview, he was actually quite nice, cordial, to Meghan as they chatted. It was only the very end where he got gently confrontational. 

His point was brilliant, that you can't hold other people responsible and say they need to be more careful with their words, if you're not willing to apply that same standard to yourself. And her "what about trump?" response showed how panicked she was becoming. 

Meghan was out of her league. Seth Myers is quick-witted, and smarter than Meghan and her husband combined.

I especially disliked her snide remarks about having to deal with Joy Behar every day.  No, honey, Joy has to deal with YOU.

She is ALWAYS out of her league with anyone who can push back with actual facts.  Very one note.  I am very curious how she reacted to her husband's tweets.  I know I would have a word or two if my husband was such a prick to those giving me opportunities to be on other shows while trying to grow my brand.  The View can certainly do better and I kinda hope other talk shows don't give her the time of day.  I mean why bother?  

• Love 18
On 5/9/2019 at 11:37 AM, tinkerbell said:

Meghan needs to stop with the clothes that define her waist.   my weight has gone up and down over the years, and one thing I have learned is that when you are large-breasted and short-waisted (a short torso, so that your boobs are close to your waist),  you don't wear a shirt tucked in to a waistband, or a belt around our waist.   you wear a longer top, a drop-waist style, or more flowy looks.  When you don't have a defined waist, then tucking a blouse into a tight pencil skirt is like putting a belt around an apple - trying to define a waist that isn't there.

Meghan at times dresses for the body she wishes she had.   I think The View should have a guest on who specializes in helping women dress for their body type.   they'd have a field day with Meghan and WHoopi.  

You have a great point.  That pic of she and her husband in AZ where they are wearing hats and she had a long dress/jean jacket she looks much slimmer.  I personally think her clothes person on The View doesn't like her much.  Or know how to dress a larger woman.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Lilaclily said:

So happy she is not here today. Miss Ana.

I think she had to take the day off, as they could no longer not respond to her husband's terrible tweets. She is so quick to jump on others tweets. The poor cohosts have been gagged since her appearance on Seth's show. Any of her other appearances on any other shows, etc. have been announced and advertised by Whoopi several times over.

And on her LBGQT support, she spouts on tv, but really is not representative of anything concrete. And although as individuals husband's and wives can have differing views, I think her husband's true colors showed vividly regarding homophobia.

I don't know how once reconciles that difference.  Sure you can have different political views but this seems too big of a difference.  It says something about a person.  I certainly would limit time around any friend of mine who married someone who hated who I was and side eye that friend for finding those views acceptable.  Would she stay friends with someone whose spouse was anti-Semitic?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
27 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I know I would have a word or two if my husband was such a prick to those giving me opportunities to be on other shows while trying to grow my brand. 

I'd love to hear the conversation with her publicist.  I'm sure that person called her immediately!

3 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I certainly would limit time around any friend of mine who married someone who hated who I was

Maybe he knows exactly what she is and WE don't (necessarily).

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

I don't know how once reconciles that difference.  Sure you can have different political views but this seems too big of a difference.  It says something about a person.  I certainly would limit time around any friend of mine who married someone who hated who I was and side eye that friend for finding those views acceptable.  Would she stay friends with someone whose spouse was anti-Semitic?  

She's also on Twitter retweeting his "gotcha" moments to people calling him out, so I'd say there's not been much of a contretemps between them based on the other tweets. To be honest, she's probably that girl who made gay friends in college, then married a douche and spends all her time trying to get her gay friends to see how "funny" and "just joking" the husband is when he makes snide remarks in front of them.

Her twitter is so lacking in self-awareness, it's hilarious. She retweeted a William F. Buckley quote about the media being whittled down to soundbites which results in the removal of all complexity and context. Girl, you are so part of that problem!

In other news, Eli Valley, the Jewish cartoonist who recently lampooned Meghan (to which she responded that the cartoon was "one of the most anti-semitic things [she's] ever seen") has drawn another cartoon. Check out her mug. Also, Sunny's nose-job!

Screen Shot 2019-05-09 at 4.58.29 PM.png

Edited by SuzieSioux
Can't spell.
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I hope somebody made a copy of that vile tweet and sent it to that LGBTQ group. 

Oh, they know.  This story about her husband's tweets about Seth and the NutMeg interview was covered by every major site: WP, Salon, GQ, Vanity Fair, THR, Daily Mail, and importantly, The Advocate.

• Love 10
Just now, bannana said:

Oh, they know.  This story about her husband's tweets about Seth and the NutMeg interview was covered by every major site: WP, Salon, GQ, Vanity Fair, THR, Daily Mail, and importantly, The Advocate.

Get her advocacy recognition revoked 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
58 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

She is ALWAYS out of her league with anyone who can push back with actual facts.  Very one note.  I am very curious how she reacted to her husband's tweets.  I know I would have a word or two if my husband was such a prick to those giving me opportunities to be on other shows while trying to grow my brand.  The View can certainly do better and I kinda hope other talk shows don't give her the time of day.  I mean why bother?  

She was probably blushing, because Sir Galant of Asswipe defended her honor. I mean, do you even know who her father is?!  

Meghan has basically proved once and for all that she is an incompetent whiny nepotism baby, who is in over her head as soon as she leaves the comfort of her echo chamber.

You could tell that she was convinced she would shut the conversation down while having the last word when she arrogantly said "....if that makes me unpopular in this room or in front of you, then.so.be.it.". After all, that type of bs works on The View, because by the time Meghan has one of her bratty fits, Whoopi is quick to say "we'll be right back". 

Too bad Seth isn't Whoopi. I thought it was hilarious that he managed to throw her for a complete loop by simply remaining calm and collected. That's all he had to do.

The only thing that would have made the interview better is if Whoopi had stepped onto the stage halfway through and said: 

giphy.gif

• LOL 12
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

She was probably blushing, because Sir Galant of Asswipe defended her honor. I mean, do you even know who her father is?!  

And that is where she is getting support from, those who support a man sticking up for his woman.  That in itself is so completely degrading, that she has a right to be furious on several levels.

But I still bet that she is pissed because she knows that this has jeopardized her standing as an LGBTQ "advocate".  And it was doubtful Stephanopolous would invite her back based on her last performance (which started all  this) but for sure now her husband will never Face the Nation again. 😁

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
(edited)

So this self proclaimed "tough chick" will argue with Joy and Sunny, but the minute a man pushes back against some of her more ignorant views she resorts to her martyr complex and hides behind her vile husband.  And calls in sick. Some "tough chick."

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 20
2 minutes ago, bannana said:

And that is where she is getting support from, those who support a man sticking up for his woman.  That in itself is so completely degrading, that she has a right to be furious on several levels.

But I still bet that she is pissed because she knows that this has jeopardized her standing as an LGBTQ "advocate".  And it was doubtful Stephanopolous would invite her back based on her last performance (which started all  this) but for sure now her husband will never Face the Nation again. 😁

If I had to take a guess, I'd say that she egged him on, because she is all emotions and entitlement. Her initial rage was probably about "ripping Seth a new one". I'm certain that after calming down she realized quickly that his horrible tweets would backfire and put not only him, but also HER in a negative light. That is why you never rage tweet. 

But I wouldn't be surprised if Meghan found a way to blame the entire mess that was caused by her and her husband on someone else. Maybe Ilhan Omar. 

• Love 15

This is why Joy never has to do a split screen with her because Nutmeg will implode on her own.  She is a joke and we all know it on here. Now people outside of the view universe will know as well.

• Love 17
15 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

I thought it was hilarious that he managed to throw her for a complete loop by simply remaining calm and collected. That's all he had to do.

Because he comes to us with a good intellect, education, and loving/supportive family.  He's smart, knowledgeable, well-traveled and quick-witted.  He's also an experienced improv performer AND an award-winning comedy writer.  His normal "calm and collected" persona just adds to a fabulously uneven match with our princess.  (I'd LOVE to eavesdrop on his "Meghan" conversations with his wife, family, friends, and coworkers.)

• Love 18
(edited)

Maybe I should also bring up that Meghan has a friendship with the girl who kissed Puck on The Real World. That pretty much explains it all. 

Edited by TheView
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, TheView said:

Maybe I should also bring up that Meghan has a friendship with the girl who kissed Puck on The Real World. 

OH, NO!  The most recent "hire" has a BFF friendship with Meghan.  OH, NO!

She also has a friendship with the woman who accused Al Franken of groping her, all the while there were videos of HER groping a musician on the same tour.  For some reason "The View" will never comment on that OR show the videos.

• Love 8

Of course this is happening.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/meghan-mccain-is-shopping-a-book-about-her-father

4 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

She also has a friendship with the woman who accused Al Franken of groping her, all the while there were videos of HER groping a musician on the same tour.  For some reason "The View" will never comment on that OR show the videos.

I believe that Joy actually did mention that but got out screeched by NutMeg who was appalled that Joy would victim blame.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

OH, NO!  The most recent "hire" has a BFF friendship with Meghan.  OH, NO!

Megan calls every conservative woman a friend. I doubt they were friends she is desperate to belong.  She also claimed that NRA lady was her friend and there is a video of her calling Megan an idiot and ignorant when it comes to politics. That video was hilarious..

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, bannana said:

Am I the only one who thinks that her obsession with her father is not just great for snark, but also very creepy? It's like her entire identity hinges on him. She isn't just a proud daughter, whenever people praise him. She acts like any laudation for him increases her personal value. That can't be healthy. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 16

So earlier we were musing about those who are supporting NutMeg in this entire Seth Meyers interview brouhaha.  The first one (and practically only one) to support her on Twitter after the interview is Ben Shapiro.  So it is particularly amusing that he himself was humiliated this week in an interview on the BBC where he was ill-prepared, hyper-sensitive and defensive, and had a hissy fit.  It's OT for me to say anymore but those interested should google it.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7
(edited)
14 minutes ago, bannana said:

So earlier we were musing about those who are supporting NutMeg in this entire Seth Meyers interview brouhaha.  The first one (and practically only one) to support her on Twitter after the interview is Ben Shapiro.  So it is particularly amusing that he himself was humiliated this week in an interview on the BBC where he was ill-prepared, hyper-sensitive and defensive, and had a hissy fit.  It's OT for me to say anymore but those interested should google it.

He had the nerve to call the guy who did that interview with him a leftist. The guy is far from being a leftist. He is so used to using liberal and leftist as a pejorative in the states that he lost all of his senses when he attacked his interlocutor. He and Megan are two peas in a pod.   

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, bannana said:

Meghan is the female Ben Shapiro 

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
23 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I've been saying for months that Meghan should take time off to write a book about her father. It would do her a lot of good to be able to pour out her emotions. 

And gush about how obsessed she is 

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I hope she has a ghost writer who knows how to properly use new big words in sentences.

Maybe she can get a ouija board and channel her dad's spirit to possess her as she writes it. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan is going to have a hard time being taken seriously after this.  Not that any of us took her seriously but ABC did throw her a few political pundit bones every now and then.  And her husband coming to her defense has pretty much wiped out any standing she might have had in the LGBTQ community. And what makes all this even sweeter is after her trying so hard to take down Joy she is taken down by a comedian.

And her husband coming to her "defense" has tanked any standing she has a political analyst, too.  A lot of people might not have noticed her pathetic performance on Seth, if hubby hadn't rage tweeted about it.  It's a beautiful thing.

• Love 18
48 minutes ago, TheView said:

I dug this up. In 2012, Meghan was the scorn of her current hubby. How things change. 

Same with Ben Shapiro--maybe 2009.  I had no idea who he was until today (poor thing).

Looks like Meghan's "publicist" will be working A LOTTA OVERTIME!

Oh well, money's no object--never has been.

• Love 13
18 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Same with Ben Shapiro--maybe 2009.  I had no idea who he was until today (poor thing).

Looks like Meghan's "publicist" will be working A LOTTA OVERTIME!

Oh well, money's no object--never has been.

What did she say in 2009?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

her husband coming to her defense has pretty much wiped out any standing she might have had in the LGBTQ community.

I was going to say the same thing.  Everyone gets angry and says things.  I have never once used a slur of any kind to any group.  Him using slurs just shows he does not have the same values or even a sense of judiciousness.  I could not be married to someone who had such differing values.

• Love 14

I remembered the time Whoopi and MM went at it and she imploded in front of everyone. What was so telling was, I was watching Joy, Sunny’s and Abby’s reaction to all of it during the commercial breaks - and they completely ignored her. They kept their distance. None of them approached her to say some words of comfort .Nada. They were huddled together, chatting away, laughing with with one another while in the background, the producers were trying to coax her back on stage.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14
(edited)

And on her LBGQT support, she spouts on tv, but really is not representative of anything concrete. And although as individuals husband's and wives can have differing views, I think her husband's true colors showed vividly regarding homophobia.

As a gay man I'm really torn on this. MM (and Abby) have been very vocal of their support of gay rights/marriage for which I applaud them.  And I disagree with others who question how she can be an ally when those she supports are not.  If I could only be allies with those that supported everything I supported, I would have few allies.  I believe that every person who supports LGBT rights is an ally of mine despite their thoughts on other issues.  

I would like to think that her husband Ben was using that disgusting phrase as just another way of saying, "Seth kissed Lorne's ass" to get/keep his job, but he did not.  He took it to a level of Homophobia:  Licking Balls.  He knew what he meant.

Edited by xingu
  • Love 13
23 hours ago, Morrissey said:

Yes, Ben Shapiro has staunchly defended her for calling Omar's comments anti-semitic and he has also gone on a rant against Seth Meyers ("Seth Meyer is garbage....") for "grilling" Meghan when all Meghan did was "speak the truth". Of course, Shapiro would probably accuse you of anti-semitism if you didn't like hummus, so I'm not sure if his defense really counts. 

All kinds of red flags if Benny Boy is defending you. In fact, if Benny Boy is defending you, that should be a sign...

the office burn GIF

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
(edited)
12 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Lucky you. I follow politics fairly closely and unfortunately am very aware of him. I died laughing when I read comments online of people having no idea how he sounded and being shocked upon hearing his voice. 😂  Don’t wanna go too off topic so I’ll stop here. 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • LOL 6
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

Just saw this article this a.m.  I think it sums up everyone's thought nicely (and an added bonus with a short article on Ben Shapiro).  "toxic femininity"--I think the guardian has her number on this!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/commentisfree/2019/may/11/meghan-mccain-john-mccains-daughter-is-the-very-definition-of-toxic-femininity

I love this article.. It is good to know that people are seeing what we see on here..

• Love 16
34 minutes ago, WonderWuman73 said:

If toxic femininity exists, then there is no better example of it than Meghan McCain”

That's from The Guardian.  Soon there will be enough similar articles, the producers of "The View" should do something about their best example of toxicity--which is probably give her a bonus and raise her to Executive Producer level.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

Wow! I would Never forgive someone who spoke about me or other women that way. That was the work of a misogynist right there. I struggle to understand how she can now be on his side. Nothing she does seems to make any sense.

• Love 13