Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

So, MM wasn't on Friday because Amy Poehler----Seth Myers good friend----was there,  right? 

Probably. 

What a chickenshit!

(As my late father would say.)

I think we need to change the title of this portion of the View regarding MM, to Chickenshit Mehgun. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 11
11 hours ago, xingu said:

I believe that every person who supports LGBT rights is an ally of mine despite their thoughts on other issues.

I think there are core values that anyone in my circle MUST possess.  Color, shape, size, sexual orientation, place of origin - non negotiable - people are people.  Are some people assholes?  Sure, but it has nothing to do with the list.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

In 2009 Ben Shapiro (her current fan/apologist) said...

https://www.creators.com/read/ben-shapiro/10/09/meghan-mccains-big-bust

He's kind of not wrong, which upsets me, because he is a moron, so I really don't want to agree with him. 🙃

Something is off though, this article is from 2009, which makes sense except for the paragraph about parlaying her fame to a role on the View.  Is the article updated?  And if so, why would he do that, he has been a NutMeg supporter for some time now I believe?

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, falltime said:

I wonder if a bingo card of MM exists.

Mentions:

my father

brother's military service

anybody's service to this country

american flag

thanks her one fan clapping

rude to audience

rude to Joy

rude to Sunny

rude to Abby

rude to Whoopi

gotcha question to guest

gives advice to democrats

fake cries

calls the democratic party the party of infanticide

et cetera

• hate talking about sex
  • straight shooter
  • don't care about what anyone says about how I look
  • hate Trump
  • don't make me the hater of Trump, you liberals
  • you hate Trump, I don't 
Edited by bannana
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6
(edited)

Furrows her brow

Pets hair extensions

Proclaims she's a tough badass bitch

"__________ is a good friend of mine."

Defensive about Arizona

Defensive about cactus plants

Defensive about everything

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • LOL 3
  • Love 13

You guys forgot the thing she does with her lips when she's silently stewing at something. Her lip seems to involuntarily twitch upward. It's like a closed-mouth snarl.

• LOL 7
  • Love 8
18 hours ago, bannana said:

He's kind of not wrong, which upsets me, because he is a moron, so I really don't want to agree with him. 🙃

Something is off though, this article is from 2009, which makes sense except for the paragraph about parlaying her fame to a role on the View.  Is the article updated?  And if so, why would he do that, he has been a NutMeg supporter for some time now I believe?

I think The View reference was to Meghan getting some guest spots/appearances on the panel after her dust up with Laura Ingram. Shapiro is now a fan of hers because they often have the same speaking points. To acknowledge and put value on Meghan's opinion is to help substantiate his own opinions - which is typical - we tend to pull examples of things that support our own positions but given the things he's said about her in the past - it seems like it started with a 'an enemy of my enemy is a friend' type of mentality.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 7:34 PM, deirdra said:

I hope she has a ghost writer who knows how to properly use new big words in sentences.

Oh, there's no way she'd write it herself. She'll pay someone to do it for her, of course. #privilege

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 3:19 AM, xingu said:

As a gay man I'm really torn on this. MM (and Abby) have been very vocal of their support of gay rights/marriage for which I applaud them.  And I disagree with others who question how she can be an ally when those she supports are not.  If I could only be allies with those that supported everything I supported, I would have few allies.  I believe that every person who supports LGBT rights is an ally of mine despite their thoughts on other issues.

I guess, for me, her support of LGBT comes across as fake as everything else about her, and a cheap attempt to make people like her. Nevertheless, even if she supported one group's rights (even if it's the one I happen to belong to), I still couldn't like her while she screams against and aids in the assault on the rights of so many others. The controversial Seth Meyers interview itself happened because of her Islamophobia-laced mischaracterization of and obsession with Ilhan Omar.

• Love 16
On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 2:50 PM, SuzieSioux said:

She's also on Twitter retweeting his "gotcha" moments to people calling him out, so I'd say there's not been much of a contretemps between them based on the other tweets. To be honest, she's probably that girl who made gay friends in college, then married a douche and spends all her time trying to get her gay friends to see how "funny" and "just joking" the husband is when he makes snide remarks in front of them.

Her twitter is so lacking in self-awareness, it's hilarious. She retweeted a William F. Buckley quote about the media being whittled down to soundbites which results in the removal of all complexity and context. Girl, you are so part of that problem!

In other news, Eli Valley, the Jewish cartoonist who recently lampooned Meghan (to which she responded that the cartoon was "one of the most anti-semitic things [she's] ever seen") has drawn another cartoon. Check out her mug. Also, Sunny's nose-job!

Screen Shot 2019-05-09 at 4.58.29 PM.png

I love that her mug says "I. Am. A. Daughter!"

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
(edited)
13 hours ago, UYI said:

THANKS TO THE ONE WOMAN IN THE FRONT ROW WHO CLAPPED FOR ME.

Sigh. 

And the anti-thanks and STOPPIT to the audience whenever they clap for a guest or any of her cohosts with an opposing view. And she yells at the audience for being anti-republican, even on days when Sunny & Joy were outnumbered by MM, Abby and Ana.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, UYI said:

THANKS TO THE ONE WOMAN IN THE FRONT ROW WHO CLAPPED FOR ME.

Sigh. 

As silly as this is, I like to pretend that it's the same woman each time--that some poor ABC intern has the job of Pretending to Agree with Meghan for the day using different disguises. 

I hope (but doubt) this experience will cause Meghan to think carefully about what she wants from her career  besides fame. To me, it seems as if she is constantly trying to sit at the cool kids' table (Millennial Republican, First Daughter Runner-up, Super Patriot, etc.) without actually committing to doing the work. As a political commentator, your only research can't be Twitter feeds and headlines. You should actually read things.

• LOL 3
  • Love 16
6 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I think The View reference was to Meghan getting some guest spots/appearances on the panel after her dust up with Laura Ingram.

Good point, I hadn't realized that she was guesting as far back as 2009.

6 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

You guys forgot the thing she does with her lips when she's silently stewing at something. Her lip seems to involuntarily twitch upward. It's like a closed-mouth snarl.

YES!  It happens when she is emotionally angry but I think it also happens when she is nervous.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

I hope (but doubt) this experience will cause Meghan to think carefully about what she wants from her career  besides fame. To me, it seems as if she is constantly trying to sit at the cool kids' table (Millennial Republican, First Daughter Runner-up, Super Patriot, etc.) without actually committing to doing the work. As a political commentator, your only research can't be Twitter feeds and headlines. You should actually read things.

...and don't let your "hubby" dictate how/what you will/will not discuss at the table.  He's not as smart as you think he is.  He's dumber and more vile than WE think he is.

• Love 14

Meghan McCain, John McCain's daughter, is the very definition of toxic femininity

"While McCain is very good at criticizing others, she is not so good at listening to criticism. Should you so much as insinuate that she isn’t god’s gift to the Earth, the talkshow host and professional “daughter of a famous man”, immediately turns herself into a victim. Performances like the one on Tuesday are not a one-off: she is constantly flying into a rage or bursting into tears. Constantly turning herself into a damsel in distress in order to shut down other women and avoid accountability. She is a prime example of what writer Luvvie Ajayi has described as the “weary weaponising of white women’s tears”. If toxic femininity exists, then there is no better example of it than Meghan McCain."

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, falltime said:

LzqC0m1A_o.jpg

So are we supposed to use this tomorrow and see how fast it takes to call Bingo?  I'm guessing two segments … unless she is "sick" again.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, deirdra said:

So are we supposed to use this tomorrow and see how fast it takes to call Bingo?  I'm guessing two segments … unless she is "sick" again.

Are people still dragging her online? She is truly hated on there and what is so cool, nobody on the right cares enough about her to say something in her defense other than that odious Shapiro.  As Evelyne Lozada from Baskettball wives would say, Nutmeg is a non motherfuckin factor. Excuse my language since she is such a fan of the Housewives, I am sure she would appreciate Evelyne's quip.

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
(edited)
8 hours ago, bannana said:

Why doesn't her mom explain to her what "grace, class and strength" means?

Because she tired of trying 20 years ago?  

(And of course Meghan would use "matriarch")

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Love 11
5 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

You are the epitome of grace, class and strength. 

Given the fact that Cindy McCain raised at least one of her children to exhibit a complete lack of manners, class, grace, and compassion every chance she gets, I'm side eyeing that comment with the strength of a Sunny side eye. 

😂

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
(edited)
On 5/10/2019 at 8:09 PM, HaaCHOO said:

Same with Ben Shapiro--maybe 2009.  I had no idea who he was until today (poor thing).

Looks like Meghan's "publicist" will be working A LOTTA OVERTIME!

Oh well, money's no object--never has been.

I’d seen/ heard of him through MMs retweeting him. Something made me watch the video of him on Skype    with a BBC conservative host.  His voice!!  He has tiny hands! What a fool he is and uses the same MO as she does. Can’t answer something so keeps repeating and turning a question around through out the interview. 

Today she said something about retweeting making something more important than it is which she does all the time.  After her husband’s  foul tweet she doesn’t get to voice any opinion on someone’s perceived negative tweet. My dislike for her is not rational. 

Edited by athousandclowns
Typo
  • Love 20
On 5/12/2019 at 12:01 AM, bannana said:
  • hate talking about sex
  • straight shooter
  • don't care about what anyone says about how I look
  • hate Trump
  • don't make me the hater of Trump, you liberals
  • you hate Trump, I don't 

1.  Interupts everyone, panel & guests alike.  2..gets defensive and speaks in a loud shrill voice that hurts the ears.  3..Loves Arizona & AZ sports

• Love 14
4 hours ago, Lilaclily said:

Can't believe she has the balls to discuss anyone's tweets! And no one has the balls to mention her own husband's tweet storm last week!

Oh, they all have the cojones...and they're champing at the bit.  ME TOO!

4 hours ago, Lilaclily said:

Sadly this show is for some reason, losing its ability to actually allow the panelists to actually express their own views. 

I don't think "losing" is the operative word.  There are probably some STRONG instructions before every show about what and who may not be mentioned or even hinted about--particularly after major faux pas by (usually) Megan and (now) her husband.  (I'd bet Meghan's publicist demands this and requests that it be handled before MM arrives for their morning meetings, so she won't be upset.)

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Oh, they all have the cojones...and they're champing at the bit.  ME TOO!

I don't think "losing" is the operative word.  There are probably some STRONG instructions before every show about what and who may not be mentioned or even hinted about--particularly after major faux pas by (usually) Megan and (now) her husband.  (I'd bet Meghan's publicist demands this and requests that it be handled before MM arrives for their morning meetings, so she won't be upset.)

She is clearly unhappy on the show and I am happy about that.  She is obviously not liked by the panel, except for Whoopie and even she is getting tired of her.

• Love 22
(edited)
3 hours ago, Marathonrunner said:

Has Nutmeg ever said what she thinks should happen to the children of the women who bear them instead of having an abortion?

Walls and cages to contain them probably seem appropriate to Meghan. 

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 14
7 hours ago, Morrissey said:

Of course, there are exceptions, but decent parents with a good set of values usually don't create pathologically entitled egomaniacs the likes of Meghan McCain.  

I interpret the "non-judgemental wisdom" to mean, "Mommy doesn't judge me, and that's how I became the spoiled princess of Arizona". 

• LOL 4
  • Love 13
On 5/10/2019 at 8:34 PM, deirdra said:

I hope she has a ghost writer who knows how to properly use new big words in sentences.

The cacophony of it all!!!

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, bannana said:

NutMeg retweeted this tweet and article about Seth Meyers.  She could have let the dust settle but she is carrying it on.

Megan is using another woman of color as a straw man.  Will she target Ayanna Presley next? 

• Love 9
(edited)

I was watching TYT and they talked about Meghan’s abortion comments on the show. Ana Kasparian, who’s known Meghan for years, said that Meghan’s private conversations on this subject don’t exactly match her public ones, implying that all this talk about equating abortion with murder is an attempt by Meghan to earn brownie points from Conservatives. She didn’t give full details on their conversation but wow. I’m sure this won’t make headlines because TYT is an online independent news organization, not one of the giants, but it’s interesting. I’ll post the clip once the live show ends. 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Useful 4
  • Love 16
(edited)
2 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

I was watching TYT and they talked about Meghan’s abortion comments on the show. Ana Kasparian, who’s known Meghan for years, said that Meghan’s private conversations on this subject don’t exactly match her public ones, implying that all this talk about equating abortion with murder is an attempt by Meghan to earn brownie points from Conservatives. She didn’t give full details on their conversation but wow. I’m sure this won’t make headlines because TYT is an online independent news organization, not one of the giants, but it’s interesting. I’ll post the clip once the live show ends. 

It wouldn't surprise me. Her "murder" statement had a false ring. If she genuinely believes murder is such a daily constant in America, she wouldn't just sound like she's making an angry political argument. She would sound like people do discussing children being murdered in schools and houses of worship. I hope that makes sense. It was the feeling I had when she screamed, "Murder, murder."

Edited by MMEButterfly
  • Love 17
On 5/11/2019 at 10:32 PM, falltime said:

I wonder if a bingo card of MM exists.

Mentions:

my father

brother's military service

anybody's service to this country

american flag

thanks her one fan clapping

rude to audience

rude to Joy