Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Jaded

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Recommended Posts

If MM is going to continue to make Rep Omar an issue she needs to be prepared to back up her own reasons to do so - being a political analyst.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

Meghan and her classy husband are getting ridiculed relentlessly for her interview/his tweets and I am so here for it. 

  • Like 22

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, thejuicer said:

Meghan and her classy husband are getting ridiculed relentlessly for her interview/his tweets and I am so here for it. 

seth meyers wink GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers
 
  • Like 6
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

24 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

At this point I cannot imagine ABC putting up with MM (let alone Disney) any longer.

I don't know if ABC or Disney would care about what her husband says.  Pretty much no one knew who he was until today!  But she is sure going to have trouble with her fellow co-hosts.  Other than Abby, I can't imagine the rest of them giving her a pass on this with the shit she has said about them and the accusations.  There will likely be on air no subtle comments and certainly in the makeup room.  No one will be singing his praises like they do Manny or Steve or Mr. Abby.

Hey, don't they usually talk about when they appear on the night time shows?  Maybe NutMeg was prepared to do so until her husband  started drunk rage tweeting.  I am frankly surprised she showed up to work.  

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Wow!

Meghan needs to grow up and understand that when someone disagrees with you, it doesn't mean they're attacking you.  

She got so riled up when he disagreed with her didn't she? And started attacking him personally, rather than what he was saying. She can't see that disagreements over politics aren't personal, because her entire being is wrapped up in being a Republican. So any criticism of Republicans or support for Democrats gets twisted in her mind to personal attacks on her. And talk about not being able to see nuance. She argues if Seth thinks Omar's comment was taken out of context he needs to "give credence" to Trump too. That's not how it works, Miss Both Sides. Take Trump's comments in context too and they are still horrible.

2 hours ago, maggiemae said:

If MM is going to continue to make Rep Omar an issue she needs to be prepared to back up her own reasons to do so - being a political analyst.

Absolutely! I think her real reason is more to do with keeping the status quo for folks like her, fear of what support for people like Omar and AOC would do to her wealth, and potentially as she has said she is an Evangelical before, she may believe that rot about Jesus returning when Israel is controlled by the Jews (after which he slaughters 2/3rds of them and converts the remaining 1/3). These reasons don't sound as convincing to the public though, when you could just accuse someone of being a bigot.

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, bannana said:

I am posting this article because of the last paragraph where it talks about NutMeg on the View.

https://www.gq.com/story/meghan-mccains-husband-cuck

Seems that Megan's self-proclaimed support for the LBGTQ community (she won an award!) isn't shared by the homophobe-spewing person who Tweet-supported her.  I don't buy his (forced) apology.

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

.

B0560909-8C34-48F1-8091-9A8D0CD081BD.jpeg

Edited 6 hours ago by ginger90

I saw the show and Seth Meyers treated her better than she treats many guests on "her" show...and better than she treats some cohosts most days.  It was a mini-debate...a professional (on his part) debate.

Where was that tough chick who brags about handling anything?  Oh...lost without her blue cards and spoonfed/prepared statements?  Sputter...sputter...backtrack and more.

This Tweeter may think the more successful Seth Meyers is a hack.  Plenty have called Mr. Tweeter a hack.  I wonder if he thinks Seth is a plagiarist.  Mr. Tweeter resigned from the Washington Post years ago over plagiarism accusations. That forced apology is SNL fodder if I ever saw it.

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post

7 hours ago, bannana said:

I don't know if ABC or Disney would care about what her husband says.  Pretty much no one knew who he was until today!  But she is sure going to have trouble with her fellow co-hosts.  Other than Abby, I can't imagine the rest of them giving her a pass on this with the shit she has said about them and the accusations.  There will likely be on air no subtle comments and certainly in the makeup room.  No one will be singing his praises like they do Manny or Steve or Mr. Abby.

This is getting a lot of media coverage and rightfully so.  Meghan has presented herself as a champion for the LGTBQ community and then this happens.  Not a good look at all.  It doesn't matter that she didn't tweet those things.  It's guilt by association.  

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, tinkerbell said:

His point was brilliant, that you can't hold other people responsible and say they need to be more careful with their words, if you're not willing to apply that same standard to yourself. And her "what about trump?" response showed how panicked she was becoming. 

Meghan was out of her league. Seth Myers is quick-witted, and smarter than Meghan and her husband combined.

If Meghan gets this flustered by Seth Meyers just think what someone like Rachel Maddow would do to her.  

  • Like 15
  • Laugh 5
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

Folks, I know Meghan's husband has involved himself in this story, and thus is relevant, but let's make sure to keep the discussion mostly to Meghan.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, bannana said:

I am posting this article because of the last paragraph where it talks about NutMeg on the View.

https://www.gq.com/story/meghan-mccains-husband-cuck

Ooooh BUUUURRRNNNN!! That last paragraph is gold.

"The real twist, though, is in Domenech accusing Meyers of succeeding despite a lack of talent. McCain owes her career as a conservative pundit to the enduring popularity of her father. And Domenech himself got a job as a speechwriter in the second Bush administration while his father was working for the Department of the Interior. In any event, McCain can now retreat back to The View where the worst she has to deal with is her cohosts constantly rolling their eyes and the occasional pushback from Joy Behar."

  • Like 17
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

49 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

If Meghan gets this flustered by Seth Meyers just think what someone like Rachel Maddow would do to her. 

Meghan:  What, me worry?  I'm SMARRRRRRT too!

AlfredE.jpg.20c66aecc73c1118cb77ae0caab54296.jpg

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

A good thing about the Seth Myers interview and the resulting publicity is that more people have been exposed to her lack of intelligence and complete inability to have a coherent discussion about a political matter. The self appointed tough chick who thinks she is a political pundit (pundint!) is now a subject of ridicule on a wide spread basis. I can't even feel sorry for her because she won't learn anything from this experience.

Edited by Kenz
  • Like 19
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

Gosh, Meghan looks enormous without a table in front of her!

She is huge!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Kenz said:

A good thing about the Seth Myers interview and the resulting publicity is that more people have been exposed to her lack of intelligence and complete inability to have a coherent discussion about a political matter. The self appointed tough chick who thinks she is a political pundit (pundit!) is now a subject of ridicule on a wide spread basis. I can't even feel sorry for her because she won't learn anything from this experience.

When Meghan is on the ABC Sunday morning show or part of the ABC election night coverage they really don't let her speak too much.  She probably thought going on Seth's show was going to be easy breezy.  What makes this thing so hilarious to me is Seth wasn't even trying for a gotcha moment.  He was just having a conversation with her about things she had said.  

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, SuzieSioux said:

More great commentary:
 

"She is a walking example of why we need the estate tax."  ROFL.

The part of her accusing Seth Meyers being Ilhan Omar's publicist looks so bad.  She keeps framing it that everyone is out to get her, when Seth wasn't even trying to frame it as such.  Like her saying "if my views are unpopular, so be it".   Which is not even relevant to the conversation at hand.

Edited by seltzer3
  • Like 18
  • Laugh 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, seltzer3 said:

"She is a walking example of why we need the estate tax."  ROFL.

I loved his Valley Girl voice mocking her at the end too.

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

59 minutes ago, seltzer3 said:

"She is a walking example of why we need the estate tax."  ROFL.

I've seen this comment and variations of it quite a bit under videos of Meghan and it cracks me up!

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

So I watched the interview and laughed my flat ass off. What the fuck was up with that word salad about geopolitics????? Bint didn't even answer the damned question. Not that I expected her to.

  • Like 10
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, OnTime said:

Gosh, Meghan looks enormous without a table in front of her!

She is huge!

Meghan needs to stop with the clothes that define her waist.   my weight has gone up and down over the years, and one thing I have learned is that when you are large-breasted and short-waisted (a short torso, so that your boobs are close to your waist),  you don't wear a shirt tucked in to a waistband, or a belt around our waist.   you wear a longer top, a drop-waist style, or more flowy looks.  When you don't have a defined waist, then tucking a blouse into a tight pencil skirt is like putting a belt around an apple - trying to define a waist that isn't there.

Meghan at times dresses for the body she wishes she had.   I think The View should have a guest on who specializes in helping women dress for their body type.   they'd have a field day with Meghan and WHoopi.  

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

Delete if not allowed Mods, but I came across this earlier. The internet never forgets 😂 This makes me believe moreso that He who shall not be named was less inclined to make her the Bonnie to his Clyde, and more that he needed to snag a WASP with some political ties. It also says to me that even though she’s proven to generally be an awful person, this buttoned up, tightly wound, guns and whiskey tough chick persona is more for him than for her. 

D8E28488-A67F-493D-9AED-2C9EFB3D7FD2.jpeg

Edited by Angelsmom1009 · Reason: Spelling
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 5
  • Surprise 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

Meghan needs to stop with the clothes that define her waist.   my weight has gone up and down over the years, and one thing I have learned is that when you are large-breasted and short-waisted (a short torso, so that your boobs are close to your waist),  you don't wear a shirt tucked in to a waistband, or a belt around our waist.   you wear a longer top, a drop-waist style, or more flowy looks.  When you don't have a defined waist, then tucking a blouse into a tight pencil skirt is like putting a belt around an apple - trying to define a waist that isn't there.

Meghan at times dresses for the body she wishes she had.   I think The View should have a guest on who specializes in helping women dress for their body type.   they'd have a field day with Meghan and WHoopi.  

I remember years ago, Whoopie had a meltdown on the show over a lady who dared to criticize her fashion sense in a magazine, she even called her a bitch on the air.. I was appalled that she got away with her BS..

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Apprentice79 said:

I remember years ago, Whoopie had a meltdown on the show over a lady who dared to criticize her fashion sense in a magazine, she even called her a bitch on the air.. I was appalled that she got away with her BS..

OH, yeah. That was Stacy London. Some time later Stacy was a guest host (and may have been auditioning for permanent?) and Whoopi was nice as can be after calling her names earlier. 

I believe there have been episodes when fashion people have "dressed" the hosts. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

4 minutes ago, Haleth said:

OH, yeah. That was Stacy London. Some time later Stacy was a guest host (and may have been auditioning for permanent?) and Whoopi was nice as can be after calling her names earlier. 

I believe there have been episodes when fashion people have "dressed" the hosts. 

Whoopie is very thinned skinned and I was surprise that as an actress she would be like that. Actors are rejected all the time..

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, deirdra said:

I loved his Valley Girl voice mocking her at the end too.

Omg 😂😂😂 the whole commentary was hilarious but that almost took me out. Between Whoopi mocking her the other day and this, I wonder if she’s going to push back on sounding like a chick from “The Mall.”

All jokes aside, we know the Princess of Arizona is not going to learn a thing from this. She is so willfully ignorant, and the fact that someone as unassuming and non aggressive as Seth Meyers was able to ruffle her feathers was a sight to see. It was nice to see SOMEONE finally call her out on her double talk and BS, and he was able to do it without screaming at her. God only knows when it will happen again. As far as what happened with the Shady McBigot that she’s married to, I think it would take for him (or her really) to say something super duper racist or stupid about someone on Disney’s payroll in order for the blowback to be so severe that she would be fired. And even then...meh. History has shown that people cowtow to her every whim for whatever reason (just how long is that “my  father died so you need to be nice to me and not upset me” grief train going to be in the station?) so IF she leaves the View, it will probably be at her own accord.

Edited by Angelsmom1009 · Reason: Other thoughts
  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Angelsmom1009 said:

All jokes aside, we know the Princess of Arizona is not going to learn a thing from this. She is so willfully ignorant, and the fact that someone as unassuming and non aggressive as Seth Meyers was able to ruffle her feathers was a sight to see. It was nice to see SOMEONE finally call her out on her double talk and BS, and he was able to do it without screaming at her.

what is funny to me, is that Meghan's husband's reaction to Seth Myers calling her out were versions of "yeah, well he's STUPID!  And GAY!"  

he dressed it up with more words, but that's pretty much what he said.  

  • Like 19
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

what is funny to me, is that Meghan's husband's reaction to Seth Myers calling her out were versions of "yeah, well he's STUPID!  And GAY!"  

he dressed it up with more words, but that's pretty much what he said.  

I don't want to get in trouble with the mods but when he is writing the words himself that is the childish ramblings he comes up with.

  • Like 11
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Meghan at times dresses for the body she wishes she had.   I think The View should have a guest on who specializes in helping women dress for their body type.   they'd have a field day with Meghan and WHoopi.  

This is an egg-cellent* suggestion.  Sadly, very sadly, neither woman would give the specialist any credit or respect.  Whoopi, who has her own clothing LINE, would be especially rude!

*as in egg-shaped.

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

15 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Meghan needs to stop with the clothes that define her waist.  

Forget a change of clothes. Megan needs breast reduction surgery. She's going to topple forward one day breaking her face. Which would be nice to see, so she can wait on the surgery until after that happens. Can't stand her.

Saw her on Seth. He was great, she was not. He expressed himself politely, she did not. He stayed calm, she did not. He had a brain, she did not. Yep. Really can't stand her.

Edited by SunFun · Reason: clarify level of hatred
  • Like 20
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Marigny said:

I would love to read this but I refuse to honor this fool with my web traffic. 

Haha same...no paid clicks from me but I’m morbidly curious to see the acrobatics he used to twist Seth’s words around.

15 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

what is funny to me, is that Meghan's husband's reaction to Seth Myers calling her out were versions of "yeah, well he's STUPID!  And GAY!"  

he dressed it up with more words, but that's pretty much what he said.  

Classic mediocre dudebro defense whenever their views are challenged. 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, SunFun said:

Saw her on Seth. He was great, she was not. He expressed himself politely, she did not. He stayed calm, she did not. He had a brain, she did not. Yep. Really can't stand her.

It's not even Meghan can't swim in the deep end.  That was the shallow end of the pool and she couldn't stay afloat.

  • Like 13
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

It's not even Meghan can't swim in the deep end.  That was the shallow end of the pool and she couldn't stay afloat.

Despite her May West life preservers.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 13

Share this post


Link to post

So happy she is not here today. Miss Ana.

I think she had to take the day off, as they could no longer not respond to her husband's terrible tweets. She is so quick to jump on others tweets. The poor cohosts have been gagged since her appearance on Seth's show. Any of her other appearances on any other shows, etc. have been announced and advertised by Whoopi several times over.

And on her LBGQT support, she spouts on tv, but really is not representative of anything concrete. And although as individuals husband's and wives can have differing views, I think her husband's true colors showed vividly regarding homophobia.

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Lilaclily said:

So happy she is not here today. Miss Ana.

I think she had to take the day off, as they could no longer not respond to her husband's terrible tweets. She is so quick to jump on others tweets. The poor cohosts have been gagged since her appearance on Seth's show. Any of her other appearances on any other shows, etc. have been announced and advertised by Whoopi several times over.

And on her LBGQT support, she spouts on tv, but really is not representative of anything concrete. And although as individuals husband's and wives can have differing views, I think her husband's true colors showed vividly regarding homophobia.

 I would love to be around Joy Ana and Sunny and hear from them how they really feel about Nutmeg.  Nutmeg is a joke and I am enjoying the blowback that she is receiving from everybody.  Does anybody on here know if the right is defending Nutmeg?  I have not seen or heard anybody coming to her defense. 

  • Like 10
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

8 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

 I would love to be around Joy Ana and Sunny and hear from them how they really feel about Nutmeg.  Nutmeg is a joke and I am enjoying the blowback that she is receiving from everybody.  Does anybody on here know if the right is defending Nutmeg?  I have not seen or heard anybody coming to her defense. 

I bet Joy, Ana and Sunny don't even talk about her and just roll their eyes to each other back stage in intuitive agreement over MM, because her disrespectful, childish actions and words towards them has gotten old. 

However,  I do believe each of them let's loose a loud, vitriolic, profanity-laced, slamming door, throwing things, yelling diatribe at MM's disrespect toward them when they  at home  among trusted family and/or friends. 

Probably daily. 

I would have a voodoo doll of MM,  or stress ball that looked like her,  or all of the above.  

Thus far, I noted products that ABC shills and don't buy them.  And let them know.  

Edited by Tosia
  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I would love to be around Joy Ana and Sunny and hear from them how they really feel about Nutmeg. 

I wonder if this week's 'incident' with the tweets was a surprise to them.   Or did they know all along what kind of people the ride or die Bonnie & Clyde couple are.  Because I can honestly say that I was shocked after reading those tweets.  And I hate Meghan and wouldn't be able to name one redeeming quality of hers.  But those tweets were still a shock to me.  Birds of a feather.  I would honestly have a really hard time working with her now.  I would not even be able to fake it and play nice for the cameras.  I think that is what we are witnessing happening with them all, including most recently Sunny and Whoopi.

Edited by Cementhead
  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

  Does anybody on here know if the right is defending Nutmeg?  I have not seen or heard anybody coming to her defense. 

Other than her husband? 😄

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

I wonder if this week's 'incident' with the tweets was a surprise to them.   Or did they know all along what kind of people the ride or die Bonnie & Clyde couple are.  Because I can honestly say that I was shocked after reading those tweets.  And I hate Meghan and wouldn't be able to name one redeeming quality of hers.  But those tweets were still a shock to me.  Birds of a feather.  I would honestly have a really hard time working with her now.  I would not even be able to fake it and play nice for the cameras.  I think that is what we are witnessing happening with them all, including most recently Sunny and Whoopi.

They knew all along because her husband sent out racist tweets against Ana.. I suspect that is part of the reason Nutmeg did not get an invitation to Anna's wedding.

  • Like 18
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Sunfun:  I saw Meeeeeegan on Meyer's show as well, and I thought he was very very kind to her, I don't understand why she got so upset, except maybe he pointed out where she was WRONG. Don't bother with that Federalist article, it is a right wing rag. Horrible. 

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

 I would love to be around Joy Ana and Sunny and hear from them how they really feel about Nutmeg.  Nutmeg is a joke and I am enjoying the blowback that she is receiving from everybody.  Does anybody on here know if the right is defending Nutmeg?  I have not seen or heard anybody coming to her defense. 

Yes, Ben Shapiro has staunchly defended her for calling Omar's comments anti-semitic and he has also gone on a rant against Seth Meyers ("Seth Meyer is garbage....") for "grilling" Meghan when all Meghan did was "speak the truth". Of course, Shapiro would probably accuse you of anti-semitism if you didn't like hummus, so I'm not sure if his defense really counts. 

  • Like 10
  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

Shapiro would probably accuse you of anti-semitism if you didn't like hummus, so I'm not sure if his defense really counts. 

😂

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

I wonder if this week's 'incident' with the tweets was a surprise to them.   Or did they know all along what kind of people the ride or die Bonnie & Clyde couple are.  Because I can honestly say that I was shocked after reading those tweets.  And I hate Meghan and wouldn't be able to name one redeeming quality of hers.  But those tweets were still a shock to me.  Birds of a feather.  I would honestly have a really hard time working with her now.  I would not even be able to fake it and play nice for the cameras.  I think that is what we are witnessing happening with them all, including most recently Sunny and Whoopi.

I could be wrong but I think every co host has had their husband appear on the show at least once.  Meredith's husband Richard was on several times.  It's very telling Meghan's husband hasn't been on.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size