Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E18: The Real Vikings Of Orange County

• Start Topic

Peggy reveals a secret video to Lydia; the women whoop it up at a Viking dinner; Tamra and Vicki continue to get along, much to Shannon's dismay; Peggy strikes out at Meghan; Shannon discovers her marriage is on thin ice.

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 3

I don’t know about a thermometer, lol...that would be hilarious! From the preview though, it looks like it might involve an accusation from Peggy regarding Meghan’s parenting (or lack of) with Aspen. I get the impression that Peggy thinks she is an expert in all things. Yet, she hid and pouted in her room all day rather than tell the others how she felt.  I was giving her some time to find her footing with the group, but I am so over her at this point. She is just weird and appears so socially awkward and clueless. I wonder if she has any friends IRL or just surrouds herself her immediate family all the time? 

• Love 22
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

Gotta agree with Shannon -- why is Vix apologizing on camera?  And why is Tamra so frantically urging said apology other than to create drama? O of course -- that's why she's doing it.

shallow observation: Shannon's hair looks fab in her TH.

• Love 19

Peggy contends that Meghan left Aspen unattended for over ten minutes while she was crying. Perhaps Peggy filmed the baby wailing in order to run the timer, which would be very creepy. 

I couldn't help but notice Shannon trumpeting how the Vikings would appreciate her physically. Somehow, I can't imagine her countenancing a joke from David about his sexual appeal with any sort of equanimity. 

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

Peggy contends that Meghan left Aspen unattended for over ten minutes while she was crying. Perhaps Peggy filmed the baby wailing in order to run the timer, which would be very creepy. 

Very creepy indeed!

• Love 9
37 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Isn’t Megan’s nanny cousin there?  And is a baby crying for ten minutes unusual?  Or was Megan crying for 10 minutes?

In Armenia, no baby ever cries.  Because they know they are Armenian babies, and that’s the best kind of baby to be.

If an infant is left to cry/ignored while it's crying for ten minutes, then I think that is problematic.

But it begs the question how exactly Peggy knew the baby was being ignored unless she was in the room with Aspen as well ... and ignoring the child herself. 

• Love 20

Even if Peggy was on the balcony or even in the next room and heard Aspen crying, why wouldn’t she alert Meghan by call or text of the situation and her concerns? We all saw how she was all over everyone in the Vick’s *emergency*. So what gives? 

• Love 23

Ok, this is pure snark ... and maybe should have been an eta response. Peggy, escaping from the other howives and pouting in her room all damn day, heard Aspen wailing. She was concerned and worried about the little baby, but she was reluctant to alert or question Meghan. Why? Because Peggy quiets others she disagrees with by pinching their lips closed. Meghan had already experienced this lip pinching technique with Peggy...which was not well received...and I’m pretty sure she thought Meghan might not like that for baby Aspen either. Peggy was conflicted and consulted with Diko and he advised her not to notify Meghan of Aspen’s apparent distress, but do record it and expose it later at dinner when everyone is together.  Bring on the drama.

And the prized orange ? 

Edited by AntAnn
The orange
  • Love 17

Okay, so I think Peggy is contending that Meghan ignored Aspen during the late-night bender in Shannon's room? http://www.etonline.com/just-might-be-most-bizarre-fight-real-housewives-orange-county-history-watch-exclusive-90415

ETA: but I can't tell if the video is of Aspen or footage that nominally proves Tamra and Kelly were attacking her

I have to applaud Peggy for declining Kelly's apology, particularly since Kelly just reverted to insisting that she was just innocently minding her own business and not, you know, specifically doing the most to continually engage with Peggy for the entirety of the day prior. 

I'll wait until the entire episode airs for context but it is very odd that Peggy is suddenly going after Meghan, who is the most benign and least antagonistic among the cast, rather than throwing the grenade out against Tamra, Shannon, and/or Kelly. And I don't think it's because she's afraid of that trio and picked the weakest link (which would be Shannon in any case); she reminds me somewhat of Eden Sassoon, who was almost schizophrenic in her loyalties and alliances. 

Aside from that ... Meghan times how long her child is crying before responding? I know that parenting/separation philosophies designed to foster independence go in and out of vogue cyclically. But that strikes me as very strange and mildly disconcerting.

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 1
On 11/5/2017 at 1:12 AM, HunterHunted said:

Well, of course. Armenian babies know they are loved. Armenian breast milk is filled with love and Christianity. So I say to Meghan "Why your baby cry? Why she cry? What you feed your baby? It's not love. It's not love." I hear baby Is-pen...Is-a-pen...As-a-pen cry and cry and cry. I holds her lips together. She still cry. She must not be fed love. That's the only explanation for As-a-pen crying. No love.

lmfao over this post, my sides are hurting!!!!..i think this just may be your best post ever!

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, whydoievencare said:

Peggy is completely unable to understand what anyone says to her - or she's deliberately being obtuse.  Either way, it's horribly pathetic.

Peggy is PATHETIC. What an asshole. She's dumb, annoying, clueless, ZERO personality, homely, has a big nose, fried hair, and inflated lips. TOTAL LOSER.

• Love 19
21 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

“Between you, me, and the fence post...”

Uh, Vicks? You’re sitting at a table full of people with cameras all around you. That phrase is about the exact opposite of what you meant.

At least Peggy wasn’t there to say, “what fence post? What is fence post? Pfft.”

What offense post? What is offense post?

Me: Girl, follow the arrow.

|

|

\/

12 minutes ago, whydoievencare said:

Peggy is completely unable to understand what anyone says to her - or she's deliberately being obtuse.  Either way, it's horribly pathetic.  It's just mind blowing actually that this adult woman is so limited and stunted.

Me: This is a post about how offensive Peggy is.

• Love 16
27 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

But didn't Shannon tape Kelly (?) at one point? 

Boy, these women can really clear a room! Even the Vikings ran for the hills. 

I don't recall whether it was Heather or Shannon but someone definitely taped Kelly on their phone last year before the cast embarked on the bus ride from hell. 

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, mbaywife123 said:

Wow, Peggy Is high as a kite ( on pills I would presume) she can hardly keep her eyes open when she is talking to Lydia.

No makeup and sigoggling fake lashes isn’t a good look for Peggy.  She looked like the head Jody Foster found in the storage unit in Silence of the Lambs.

• Love 22

The scenes capturing the death rattles of Shannon and David's marriage have been really the only compelling thing this season, even though they're reeeeally hard to watch. He has so much contempt for her, and she's just this open wound, projecting her unhappiness everywhere and on everyone.

I was torn between being worried for Archie, and being pretty convinced Shannon was winding herself up so she'd have a tangible crisis to react to. I'm familiar with my own cats' breathing and behaviors, so I get being very sure when something is off...but dogs panting is not a subtle thing, and I don't think we saw Archie actually hang his mouth open and pant, did we?

Edited by annewithaneee
  • Love 10

I read somewhere that Archie was actually pretty sick a few months ago.  It had something to do with the grass he was eating that surrounds the house.  They ripped it out and replaced it with something else. 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, annewithaneee said:

The scenes capturing the death rattles of Shannon and David's marriage have been really the only compelling thing this season, even though they're reeeeally hard to watch. He has so much contempt for her, and she's just this open wound, projecting her unhappiness everywhere and on everyone.

I was torn between being worried for Archie, and being pretty convinced Shannon was winding herself up so she'd have a tangible crises to react to. I'm familiar with my own cats' breathing and behaviors, so I get being very sure when something is off...but dogs panting is not a subtle thing, and I don't think we saw Archie actually hang his mouth open and pant, did we?

what i didn't understand was why didn't she immediately take archie to the vet.  i know i would take my cat to vet regardless of how my husband felt.

• Love 23