Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E18: The Real Vikings Of Orange County

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

Right? Babies cry. A LOT. 

In Armenia babies adjust seamlessly to different surroundings and schedules and never ever have teething pain or colic. 

What is this spit-up American parents speak of? Armenian babies to not spit. That is rude.

Right?!  Duh!

Can you imagine Peggy working for Jeff Lewis during Monroe's first year?!

Now I wish Peggy was invited back to WWHL and paired with Jeff!  Let his snarkfest on her be our reward for tolerating her this season...

• Love 21

I think Peggy and David should get together.  It would be like an enormous black and white cookie marrying a life size tube of hair gel.

Although you would probably have a much more scintillating conversation with the cookie and the gel, so, never mind.........

• Love 17
7 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

When I'm in a cold place and going to a casual event, I like to put on a dress so short you can tell if I'm ovulating that also features a big open slit so my breasts will be extra perky from the cold.  Either that or I squeeze myself into something three sizes too small with an open weave looking design.  Of course, a long, off the shoulder ball gown is also a good choice.   And very high heels so I can complain that I can't walk, especially if I know I will be walking on wood boards and gravel.  You know, I dress sensibly for the occasion.

The only people dressed appropriately were Shannon and Kelly if they lost the heels and wore appropriate shoes. I do not understand these women. I was cold just watching them. 

• Love 12

I'm with Dicko - I need a vacation to get over Peggy's vacation. She makes a Debbie Downer look positively euphoric.  And as some others have commented, she looked stoned in much of her conversations. One of the few things I have liked about Vicki this season was that she did not defend Peggy. Only because it ticked Peggy off so much. 

I loathe Peggy but I almost felt a smidgen of sympathy (almost, just barely) for her when she realized that Vicki had totally abandoned her. Here she came on the show as co-chief Vicki cheerleader (with Lydia being the other co-chief) and has spent the season propping up Vicki as the most wonderful friend in the world, and then the minute Vicki gets back into the good graces of Tamra, Vicki is ready to drop Peggy like a hot potato. And is all "oh I can't get involved in all that drama". She literally abandoned her that last night in Iceland to hide in the bus.

And though I hate Peggy, I don't hate Diko, don't love him, but think he sometimes says something that is on the nose (perhaps inadvertantly). Peggy was moaning to him about how all of the women ganged up on her, but doesn't say that she set the whole thing in motion, and Diko asks her a couple of times, very directly, why the women were upset. He in fact gets her to kind of, sort of, admit that she might have said something to upset them (which she of course couches it in they're misunderstanding her). 

Edited by Pop Tart
  • Love 12
10 hours ago, oakville said:

can't figure out the last scene with David & Shannon. Did David or the kids not take care of Archie? Shannon was complaining that Archie had not eaten. Did no one walk Archie while she was in Iceland?

It seemed like Archie wasn't eating the food they had JUST given him. So Shannon was trying to figure out why. When she asked about the walk, I think she was trying to determine if he got into something on a walk. Maybe ate something that didn't agree with him? It wasn't that no one fed or walked him while he was gone....I think she was just trying to narrow down what made have caused his current stomach upset. My dog has a spell like that every so often, where he won't eat his food. It usually only lasts 24 hours and we're always trying to figure out if he got into his dog food bin and overindulged or something. 

10 hours ago, MinorL said:

It sounded like Peggy called Meghan a "35 year old giraffe." 

That's what I heard as well. But I'm sure that's considered a compliment in Armenia. 

8 hours ago, NeverLate said:

Brianna sure knows her mother! Especially when she mentioned hospital....lol! 

HAH. Briana's "of course" in response was just everything. 

8 hours ago, LydiaOhLydia said:

Have rewound last weeks episode several times to see the looks on Meghan and Shannon's faces while they did the casserole dance with Vicki. Both of them 100% are playing the F-You Bravo game. This is my kind of entertainment ;)

I love how Vicki relayed it to Briana that the girls MADE her a casserole. 

9 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

I do not like Lydia, but she was trying to explain to Peggy that Kelly's response was not some dig that Peggy's dad died. From the little bit of grainy footage it looked like Kelly and Tamra were laughing about Kelly's "I'll have my dad call your dad" comment and not laughing at Peggy. Though I would not blame them if they did at this point.

Yea, that was the one time that Lydia was actually trying to be helpful with her mediation. I'm sure it slipped Kelly's mind that Peggy's dad had recently died. She was only trying to make a point of how immature it to try and involved outside people in your fight. 

7 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I'm with Dicko - I need a vacation to get over Peggy's vacation

Except Diko secretly (or not so secretly) loves it. He wants that orange more than Peggy. 

7 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I have to say, nothing I saw of Iceland made me want to add it to my bucket list. Sorry Iceland. 

And I now want to go there more than ever. I thought it looked simply stunning. But, of course, these women know how to put a damper on the most amazing places. 

2 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Jesus loves them anyway.  Even that flying ass monkey Lydia.

This may be the best sentence I've ever read. 

• Love 20

Memory is a bit fuzzy but it seems Peggy has been no more offensive than Kelly was pre-Ireland.   The difference between the two may be that Kelly stuck up for herself and fought back.  Peggy is more internal and quiet about it, e.g. recordings, etc.  

Problem with Peggy is that she is very paranoid and overly sensitive.   Had she loosened up, been more friendly and talkative, and not let the others get to her - even where her cancer issues are concerned, she would have fared better on the show.

• Love 13
15 minutes ago, ghoulina said:
8 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I have to say, nothing I saw of Iceland made me want to add it to my bucket list. Sorry Iceland. 

And I now want to go there more than ever. I thought it looked simply stunning. But, of course, these women know how to put a damper on the most amazing places. 

Two of my brothers and their wives went there this year. It's gotten more popular since there is at least one discount airline that flies into and through Iceland on the way to Europe. They all loved it. They said the scenery was stunning, they hiked and swam in the natural hot springs. I was surprised the howives didn't go to the springs. Too busy fighting, acting like idiots and getting wasted, I suppose. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 15
7 hours ago, Jextella said:

I'm eager for the reunion to see how all the relationships end. 

I'm predicting Peggy, Lydia, Vicki on one couch, Tamra, Shannon and Meghan on the other. 

1 hour ago, Pickles said:

I think David only has low libido, when it comes to Shannon. He is doing his best to force Shannon into wanting to separate. Very passive aggressive.

He is so checked out he doesn't even care any longer how dickish he looks on camera. Just. Doesn't. Care. 

• Love 19
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Except Diko secretly (or not so secretly) loves it. He wants that orange more than Peggy. 

I think Diko was upset with Peggy because he realized the Iceland trip may be their nail in their coffin where the show is concerned. I agree that he loves the orange even more than Peggy. But if a HW spends half of the trip holed up in her room, and is such a diva that she refuses to even fly home with the other HWs, why would she be asked back for another season? He did seem genuinely upset with her (for maybe the first time this season), and I think he is smart enough to know (as opposed to his wife) that it is curtains for Diko's free business commercials. 

I should clarify my Iceland comment. I don't think the show (Lydiot?) did much of a job of showing what is likely a diverse climate in Iceland. What they showed for the most part was very stark and not to my liking. I liked the ladies hike on the mountain, but I have done that myself in my home province (B.C.) It was amazing. Heli hiking for three days where we were dropped off by helicopter on the top of a mountain in the morning, spent the morning hiking, then picked up at noon and taken to another mountain in the afternoon. It was an amazing three days, and was to include lunch on a glacier but that day it was too windy for the helicopter to land on the glacier. 

I also didn't like the last night of entertainment with the vikings. (Were they the only women there?). Mostly because it reminded me of the two times I have been dragged to the Tournament of Kings show/dinner in Las Vegas which I absolutely hated. Had to go both times as it was the choice of the person(s) we were there celebrating with (anniversary one time, birthday another). I don't care if it is someone's dying wish, I will never go to another show like that. Lol.

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 11
8 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

And Kelly? Probably with Vicks, although she doesn't get along with Peggy. 

Oh yea,  I forgot all about Kelly!. 

1 hour ago, poeticlicensed said:

The only people dressed appropriately were Shannon and Kelly if they lost the heels and wore appropriate shoes. I do not understand these women. I was cold just watching them. 

They should take a lesson from the New York ladies. They know how to dress in the cold with their cashmere sweaters, scarves and gorgeous boots. 

• Love 11
49 minutes ago, Pop Tart said:

I loathe Peggy but I almost felt a smidgen of sympathy (almost, just barely) for her when she realized that Vicki had totally abandoned her. Here she came on the show as co-chief Vicki cheerleader (with Lydia being the other co-chief) and has spent the season propping up Vicki as the most wonderful friend in the world, and then the minute Vicki gets back into the good graces of Tamra, Vicki is ready to drop Peggy like a hot potato. And is all "oh I can't get involved in all that drama". She literally abandoned her that last night in Iceland to hide in the bus.

And though I hate Peggy, I don't hate Diko, don't love him, but think he sometimes says something that is on the nose (perhaps inadvertantly). Peggy was moaning to him about how all of the women ganged up on her, but doesn't say that she set the whole thing in motion, and Diko asks her a couple of times, very directly, why the women were upset. He in fact gets her to kind of, sort of, admit that she might have said something to upset them (which she of course couches it in they're misunderstanding her). 

Your first paragraph is why I have no sympathy for Peggy. I agree that she came on the show with orders to be Vicki's cheerleader. For someone who has spent the whole season talking about her cancer (which she didn't have, she was pre cancerous - but whatever) and someone who's mother actually did die of cancer, I am Dis. Gust. Ed. that Peggy would even agree to this. Become fast friends with a stranger who perpetrated not one, but two cancer scams. The first to prop up her boyfriend and give them a storyline. The second scam to promote her business. Peggy richly deserves to be given the Vicki treatment. She is just lucky that it hasn't (at least yet) extended to Vicki spreading rumors about her, and her husband. 

This is the first time I have seen Diko exasperated with Peggy, to any degree. It is long overdue. 

• Love 22

At least up until this season, Vicki has been a polarizing housewife- lover her or hate her. However, Peggy brings nothing to to the show. If she suddenly just wasn't on the show I doubt anyone would care- except Dick-O.  Her Armenian accent seems to come and go at her whim. She might not be in the same league as the others in the drinking department but whatever she was taking in Iceland sure did the trick !! If she made a comment to me about my infant she would regret it- show or no show. She has effectively distanced herself permanently from the others with her videotaping. 

Vicki thinks Tamra is being a mean girl, but says nothing about Peggy overstepping the line on her comments about Megan's baby. What if someone made a questionable comment about Brianna's kids?! 

Speaking of Brianna- I love that she refused to play along with Vicki's histrionics but, what an ingrate- Vicki schemes to get her more camera time and even campaigns for her to be cast as a regular, with all the financial rewards and fame that Brianna obviously wants, but then she pees on Vicki's cornflakes.... 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, poeticlicensed said:

Two of my brothers and their wives went there this year. It's gotten more popular since there is at least one discount airline that flies into and through Iceland on the way to Europe. They all loved it. They said the scenery was stunning, they hiked and swam in the natural hot springs. I was surprised the howives didn't go to the springs. Too busy fighting, acting like idiots and getting wasted, I suppose. 

The Kardashians went to the springs, but they’ll go anywhere that involves showing their asses.  Vicki and Shannon probably weren’t into getting into bathing suits on TV.  Can’t say I blame them.  

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

Vicki thinks Tamra is being a mean girl, but says nothing about Peggy overstepping the line on her comments about Megan's baby. What if someone made a questionable comment about Brianna's kids?!

Oh, but I thought she did say something! Along the lines of, how sad it was that they ganged up on poor Peggy, who means well and is just misunderstood. *eyeroll*

Maybe it wasn't Aspen crying; maybe Peggy was just hearing the sound of her own whining echoing off a nearby glacier.

• Love 17
34 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I think Diko was upset with Peggy because he realized the Iceland trip may be their nail in their coffin where the show is concerned. I agree that he loves the orange even more than Peggy. But if a HW spends half of the trip holed up in her room, and is such a diva that she refuses to even fly home with the other HWs, why would she be asked back for another season? He did seem genuinely upset with her (for maybe the first time this season), and I think he is smart enough to know (as opposed to his wife) that it is curtains for Diko's free business commercials. 

Good point. I see exactly what you mean. It's like when they were at Kelly's and all the women went downstairs while Vicki and Tamra were arguing. Diko was like, "You better get your butt down there!" He needs her to get in the thick of it, without alienating everyone. She's not doing a very good job. 

36 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I also didn't like the last night of entertainment with the vikings. (Were they the only women there?)

It looked like there was a table next to them with a mixed group of men and women. 

26 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

Peggy lost me forever when she, several times last night, used "woman" as a plural. One of my biggest pet peeves. Anyone else think she went to an alternate UCLA? University of Catastrophic Linguistics of Armenians?

Wasn't Gretchen the other one who made that mistake all the time? Ugh. 

• Love 10
41 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I also didn't like the last night of entertainment with the vikings. (Were they the only women there?). Mostly because it reminded me of the two times I have been dragged to the Tournament of Kings show/dinner in Las Vegas which I absolutely hated. Had to go both times as it was the choice of the person(s) we were there celebrating with (anniversary one time, birthday another). I don't care if it is someone's dying wish, I will never go to another show like that. Lol.

Medieval Times in Orlando is the same way. Hate that shit.

• Love 10
Just now, poeticlicensed said:

Medieval Times in Orlando is the same way. Hate that shit.

I spent the whole time (both times I was dragged to the show) feeling sorry for the horses that this is their life. Racing up and down a dark arena and having to listen to stupid cheering people. I also pictured their time when they were not 'performing' being stuck in some underground stalls, never seeing the light of day. Totally depressed me both times. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

The long miserable trip back would have been the flight of the harpies that Peggy bypassed.  

Anyone who is a “lady” who comes on this show is a dumbass.

when you exaggerate an accent, you maybe ridiculed for it.  I’m thinking that hadn’t come up on the show, but may be mistaken.  Sure, they’re picking on her for her accent and diversity.  Nothing to do with her being a rude bitch who pinched people’s lips shut and shades their parenting skills.

Peggy sucks in any country.

There are plenty of Chistians who are assholes, including Peggy.  Jesus loves them anyway.  Even that flying ass monkey Lydia.  

I think that the editing monkeys are once again playing here. Peggy is getting the worst edit for a housewife right off the gate, IMO. It is worst than Camille.

yes, she is bitchy but it is starting to look like a pile up, IMO.

Did Kelly break the fourth wall when she said that she had to fly back with the other bitches after Ireland?

I can’t wait for the reunion to get some clarification.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

Right? Babies cry. A LOT. 

In Armenia babies adjust seamlessly to different surroundings and schedules and never ever have teething pain or colic. 

What is this spit-up American parents speak of? Armenian babies to not spit. That is rude.

Sorry but a ten minutes crying feat in the middle of the night is rather long.

It is like the longest ten minutes of your life, lol.

Pick up the damned baby and comfort her. So fucking entitled.

1 hour ago, Pop Tart said:

Peggy can’t seriously expect people that she just met to take her side. All the other housewives have history together.

She is not people savvy, IMO.

• Love 5

Sending these women to a trip where it is nearly constant daylight and unlimited booze in the middle of nowhere how could this possibly go wrong ?! Hahaha I was laughing at their 1030pm day drunk exhausted asses on the bus back to the moon unit ponderosa chuckling at them in the bedtime daylight. What a shit show! 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

I'm predicting Peggy, Lydia, Vicki on one couch, Tamra, Shannon and Meghan on the other. 

He is so checked out he doesn't even care any longer how dickish he looks on camera. Just. Doesn't. Care. 

Yes, that relationship was toast before they even went on the show and now it is just horrible and cringy.

he simply does not give a fuck and she is constantly provoking him.

those poor girls!

• Love 9
3 hours ago, FamilyVan said:

OMG she just got up from the table and walked away!  I don't even think she excused herself or told anyone, she just blanked the entire table and walked out.  Then when you see Peggy on the bus saying I am going myself, out of nowhere you see there is another person already seated on the bus and it's Vicki!  She was out there sitting the whole time!  What a coward.  She really does leave people high and dry.  I am surprised Peggy did not lay into her more at their lunch, seemed like she kind of accepted Vicki's explanation but that entire lunch was weird.  Vicki is just a fair weather friend.  Wants to do shots and woo hoo, would never actually be there for you.

And OMG that dress.  No.  Why.

This woman is unbelievably cowardly and selfish.  She has zero integrity or character.  Nothing she does is without self-serving motivation.  She'll always look out for number one, no matter who she sells down the river.  Even family isn't off limits.  Her kids are mortified by her, and with good reason.  What a disgusting human.

• Love 19
4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Good point. I see exactly what you mean. It's like when they were at Kelly's and all the women went downstairs while Vicki and Tamra were arguing. Diko was like, "You better get your butt down there!" He needs her to get in the thick of it, without alienating everyone. She's not doing a very good job. 

It looked like there was a table next to them with a mixed group of men and women. 

Wasn't Gretchen the other one who made that mistake all the time? Ugh. 

Peggy has a greater command of the English language than Gretchen ever had - or will have.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

If the hot springs had free alcohol, the "ladies" would have gone.  Booze is the essential component to most of their activities. 

• Love 8

Damn, David is checked the fuck out of this marriage. He has the deadest eyes ever. There is no life behind them. It looks like he is just trying survive life minute by minute. 

• Love 9

In my house 10 minutes isn’t that long to have a baby crying- especially when trying to get them to sleep through the night. However, in a hotel or shared space with others outside of my family my baby will cry no longer than about 30 seconds before being tended to. If Peggy was so concerned why didn’t she try to go find Meghan? Instead she decides to tape the other ladies? Besides that, Meghan needs to grow a pair and stop going full on water works when someone mentions her baby. Stand up for yourself woman! I also think she should have left the baby at home in the first place. Pump some milk, teach the baby to take a bottle and go on a ladies trip! Besides I’m sure she had to pump and dump quite a bit while in Iceland anyway. 

• Love 13

Meagan is not a confident mother yet and hiring a nanny/friend with zero experience does not help, IMO.

Did I hear right and she is starting a line of candles too?

WTF is it with candles with the Edmonds????

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, Mountainair said:

In my house 10 minutes isn’t that long to have a baby crying- especially when trying to get them to sleep through the night. However, in a hotel or shared space with others outside of my family my baby will cry no longer than about 30 seconds before being tended to. If Peggy was so concerned why didn’t she try to go find Meghan? Instead she decides to tape the other ladies? Besides that, Meghan needs to grow a pair and stop going full on water works when someone mentions her baby. Stand up for yourself woman! I also think she should have left the baby at home in the first place. Pump some milk, teach the baby to take a bottle and go on a ladies trip! Besides I’m sure she had to pump and dump quite a bit while in Iceland anyway. 

She might have started going there to tell Megan until she thought that they were talking/laughing about her.

Peggy was so concerned about a baby crying BUT she never actually said anything to Megan. More concerned about them  laughing at her and recording the act. She is one nasty piece of work. 

Edited by Martinigirl
  • Love 22
5 hours ago, FamilyVan said:

OMG she just got up from the table and walked away!  I don't even think she excused herself or told anyone, she just blanked the entire table and walked out.  Then when you see Peggy on the bus saying I am going myself, out of nowhere you see there is another person already seated on the bus and it's Vicki!  She was out there sitting the whole time!  What a coward.  She really does leave people high and dry.  I am surprised Peggy did not lay into her more at their lunch, seemed like she kind of accepted Vicki's explanation but that entire lunch was weird.  Vicki is just a fair weather friend.  Wants to do shots and woo hoo, would never actually be there for you.

And OMG that dress.  No.  Why.

When Vicki went into her little explanation, "I'm out. I'm a businesswoman, I'm a mother" blah blah, Peggy's reaction was "Ok Vicki, sure Vicki." She seemed over Vicki's BS at that moment and that was about the only time (and it only lasted about 5 seconds!) I liked Peggy.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

Peggy was so concerned about a baby crying BUT she never actually said anything to Megan. More concerned about them  laughing at her and recording it. She is one nasty piece of work. 

Lol. Peggy is the new Kelly this year.

Do you remember when Kelly could do nothing right, last year?

I don’t get why she signed up for this bullshit when she just lost her dad and is  battling breast cancer. This baffles the mind.

(yes, i know they have rims to move)

• Love 4
5 hours ago, ivygirl said:

Running through my head are alternate-universe sitcom opening credits, set to the "Friends" theme song but featuring wacky clips of Vicki. "Your job's a joke, your eyes broke, your love life's DOAaaaaaaa..."

I seriously love you for this!! I could totally see it..Her infamous "woo hoo", arm up in the air, the football hitting her on the head, her falling when she received her award...the blanket over her head... all while playing that song lol 

• Love 11

After seeing the snake side of David this season, perhaps that’s why Shannon needles him all the time, she’s just not savvy enough to do it off camera as I’m guessing until this season, he’s done to her. I do hope she comes back next season, properly medicated, and in a better frame of mind now that they’re gettting  a divorce. And I want more Archie! 

• Love 21
3 hours ago, esco1822 said:

Peggy lost me forever when she, several times last night, used "woman" as a plural. One of my biggest pet peeves. Anyone else think she went to an alternate UCLA? University of Catastrophic Linguistics of Armenians?

In Armenia All the woman carry their babies in their luggages along with homemade sausages and special Armenian pickled vegetables.  The babies never cry.   

• Love 11

Just a few things to note. Meghan and Jim have moved to St. Louis, so I don't see how she can be on the show after this season. Also Kelly and her husband are now getting divorced, and Shannon and David are now separated and filing for divorce. They will be on the show next season just because those splits will make for good ratings.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Lizzing said:

Speaking of endings, I'm super glad that next week is the end of this season.  It wasn't as bad as what felt like 3 million episodes of "pantygate," but damn close.

The episode threads have been pretty hysterical though this season.  I will miss that.

• Love 15
33 minutes ago, StarryNight said:

Just a few things to note. Meghan and Jim have moved to St. Louis, so I don't see how she can be on the show after this season. Also Kelly and her husband are now getting divorced, and Shannon and David are now separated and filing for divorce. They will be on the show next season just because those splits will make for good ratings

I thought that Meghan would be off this season and yet she came back, I seriously doubt that she would not come back if offered the job.

She seems so regular compared to the rest of the crew, and I wonder if much like Peggy, her husband is the reason why she is still on.

Meagan to her credit does not seem to have a very strong famewhore gene or a desire to be famous.

Shannon and Kelly playing the field sounds fun in theory. I hope that the fun Shannon will be back.

She seems so deflated.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, ghoulina said:
3 hours ago, Jextella said:

Peggy has a greater command of the English language than Gretchen ever did - or will have.

Wasn't  Gretchen the other one who made that mistake all the time? Ugh. 

Danielle from NJ would use "woman" when she meant "women", eg, Those woman were talking behind my back.

Gretchen's malapropisms were always fun. I think it was 50% an inability to wrap her lips around those ridiculous veneers, which made her mispronounce stuff and 50% being a dunce. 

• Love 18

Kelly bugs but she had a point- How in hell did Peggy get into UCLA?

Maybe the school needed to meet an Armenian student quota? And, Peggy is the Armenianest Armenian who ever Armenianed, after all.

Peggy is like a turd in the punch bowl. 

Except a turd has more personality.

Oh, Archie. *squeeze*

• Love 13