Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

I don’t think Keyra is there for diversity. First, she started out very strong in training camp before having issues towards the end. Second, I think if getting another black or biracial girl on the team was a priority, they would’ve taken more than one girl into training camp. Kaitlin, also an LSU girl, was there, and they could’ve easily taken Titans Briana. She looked the part IMO, even if she wasn’t the greatest dancer. I think Cersten and Erica, etc, helped big time. Not saying that bringing some diversity didn’t help Keyra at all, but i don’t think it was all that decisive.

Selina on the other hand....i can see them keeping her for diversity. The bigger question is why do they have an issue finding Latina dancers in the first place. Do the college dance teams or other pro teams  in the area have the same issues?

• Love 6

I read the "diversity" comment as pertaining to Selina which I could totally buy as an argument. 

2 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Anyone here see Jenna pulling a Sydney and auditioning for the Mavs in summer?  I could.

I wouldn't hate that (I'm Team Jenna) but do you think Jenna would want to deal w/ Mallory? I've read here that Mallory isn't the greatest (but haven't read specifics as to why that is) so wonder if that's Jenna's next play... or if LA is (but not necessarily becoming BFF with Holly again). 

1 hour ago, Lunacat said:

I read the "diversity" comment as pertaining to Selina which I could totally buy as an argument. 

The original poster did say she thought Selina was there for diversity. The next poster said she thought of Keyra as the diversity girl (either in addition to or instead of Selina, she didn't specify) and the conversation took off on whether or not Keyra was there for diversity and Selina fell by the wayside.

• Love 1

Sydney "quit" the squad before she actually finished up her last year as a DCC, so she would not have been asked to be an All Star. Jenna is on Kelli and possible Charlotte's shit list, so I doubt unless they are desperate, they would ask her to be an All Star.

Sydney “retired” after 7 years and turned in her uniform the day before their end of the year banquet.  I’m pretty sure she was happy, but ready to move on and didn’t need to hang around as an all star.  Other girls have been pregnant on the team months before the end of the year banquet and were pretty much done.  

• Love 1
On 12/18/2017 at 9:13 PM, hannahbanana said:

She left the squad a week or so before Thanksgiving, reportedly to concentrate on school.

Just to clarify, Milan is going to study abroad this coming semester.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Harrythecat said:

No Coke products at the stadium? I'm out.

OT: just had my gall bladder removed last Friday. When I got to take my first pain pill, nurse asked what I wanted to take it with. I asked if they had Diet Coke. His response: is Diet Pepsi ok? 

Um, no. Diet Pepsi is never ok. If you have to ask, you know there's a problem. It's almost 2018. Why have we not evolved ??

**I got the pill down with a minuscule sip of Diet Pepsi, much to my dismay.**

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 9
On 12/21/2017 at 5:18 PM, bigskygirl said:

Sydney "quit" the squad before she actually finished up her last year as a DCC, so she would not have been asked to be an All Star. Jenna is on Kelli and possible Charlotte's shit list, so I doubt unless they are desperate, they would ask her to be an All Star.

Any particular reason why? Was she just "over it"? It seems odd to last 7 years on a squad, and then quit before finishing up the last year. She must have left on bad terms then? 

1 hour ago, woodscommaelle said:

OT: just had my gall bladder removed last Friday. When I got to take my first pain pill, nurse asked what I wanted to take it with. I asked if they had Diet Coke. His response: is Diet Pepsi ok? 

Um, no. Diet Pepsi is never ok. If you have to ask, you know there's a problem. It's almost 2018. Why have we not evolved ??

Some would say the same thing about Diet Coke, though I'll drink either Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi.  I know a few people who will absolutely reject Diet Coke if offered.  Another tidbit: the citrus in US Pepsi products is a lemon base while the Pepsi products in the Middle East use more of an orange base.  It could be the other way around because it's been more than ten years since I've tasted a Diet Pepsi from the Middle East.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Acromantula said:

Any particular reason why? Was she just "over it"? It seems odd to last 7 years on a squad, and then quit before finishing up the last year. She must have left on bad terms then? 

I could be wrong on this, but I think I remember reading something at the time that she left DCC when she did to become a consultant or choreographer or something on the movie “Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk.” 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Some would say the same thing about Diet Coke, though I'll drink either Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi.  I know a few people who will absolutely reject Diet Coke if offered.  Another tidbit: the citrus in US Pepsi products is a lemon base while the Pepsi products in the Middle East use more of an orange base.  It could be the other way around because it's been more than ten years since I've tasted a Diet Pepsi from the Middle East.

Yes! Citrus. Just recently read an article that the only difference between Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi is the latter has citrus. That's ALL I taste now. Don't like. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

Yes! Citrus. Just recently read an article that the only difference between Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi is the latter has citrus. That's ALL I taste now. Don't like. 

OT: I absolutely hate Diet Coke. Regular Coke is fine, Zero is fine, Diet... I just can't. Regular Pepsi, I don't like, Diet Pepsi and Pepsi Max I do like. But then again I live in Europe now so everything tastes differently here. Especially Dr. Pepper. Favorite drink in the US, tastes like melted candy here.

The article on Charlotte was very interesting!

• Love 1
On 12/22/2017 at 11:22 PM, Law Mom said:

Just to clarify, Milan is going to study abroad this coming semester.

23 hours ago, cgloss said:

That makes a lot more sense. Good for her!

It doesn't make sense to leave the team in November to go on study abroad in January. If that was the only reason, she could have cheered through at least most of December. Needing to study more, large projects that require a lot of extra work in a class, etc. makes more sense for quitting in November than study abroad in January.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

It doesn't make sense to leave the team in November to go on study abroad in January. If that was the only reason, she could have cheered through at least most of December. Needing to study more, large projects that require a lot of extra work in a class, etc. makes more sense for quitting in November than study abroad in January.

Studying abroad in January doesn’t mean she didn’t have projects etc. in Nov/Dec. @Law Mom didn’t say it was one or the other, just added that Milan was going to study abroad next semester. 

Milan quitting mid season is unusual, but this has been an unusual training camp and season in general.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Studying abroad in January doesn’t mean she didn’t have projects etc. in Nov/Dec. @Law Mom didn’t say it was one or the other, just added that Milan was going to study abroad next semester. 

Milan quitting mid season is unusual, but this has been an unusual training camp and season in general.

Maybe she wanted to spend time with family and friends and get ready before she leaves to go abroad. I see nothing wrong with doing so before leaving.

13 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Kashara is going to pro bowl just saw it on Dallas cheerleaders instagram 

I'm disgusted.  Words fail me. I have no animosity towards Kashara, I just feel bad that Jenna, Lacey, and Jinelle go unrecognized all year.

Edited by hypeman
clarity
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Why are you disgusted 

It's not rational.  I don't know any of these ladies, nor am I privileged to much of what actually transpired.  But Kashara got everything this year.  I understand Jenna being excluded, but Lacey and Jinelle are both probably retiring and have put in work.  Disgust is just my initial reaction.  I'll live.   And I hope she enjoys the experience

• Love 9
1 minute ago, hypeman said:

It's not rational.  I don't know any of these ladies, nor am I privileged to much of what actually transpired.  But Kashara got everything this year.  I understand Jenna being excluded, but Lacey and Jinelle are both probably retiring and have put in work.  Disgust is just my initial reaction.  I'll live.   And I hope she enjoys the experience

Oh ok 

• Love 1

Lacey and Jinelle did not go unrecognized this year. They got group leader which is a big honor. Jenna lost out because of her actions and breaking the rules. She should be glad to still be on the team. There is a lot more to the Jenna saga that has not been brought on here. In otherwords, she is not the perfect leader, role model and all around DCC a six year girl should be. I do not see Lacey retiring. I hope she puts in for her fifth year. Not all the girls can be a group leader, be in show group, make appearances, get pro bowl, and be a Kelli and or Charlotte favorite.

for me, kelli and judy’s love for kashara is more a “f*ck you” to jenna than an actual sign off on her abillities. they’re playing dcc roulette, and have put all their money on black (e.g., kashara). it seems they’ve been on intent on making jennna pay for her mistakes all season long and giving kashara pro bowl is just another notch on the k and j belt. 

• Love 8

Hmmm...I do not think they are trying to stick it to Jenna. If they wanted to stick it to her, she would have been kicked off the team, got group leader taken away from her, and say no more show group, appearances, and take her out of the front of the triangle. Yes, Kelli/Judy and Charlotte probably have the final say in who is Pro Girl, but obviously the girls like and adore KaShara which I am sure Kelli and Judy noticed. Some of the girls in TC have or have not made the team due to the fact about the girls especially certain veterans liking or disliking a certain TC Candidate. Jenna may have the dancing down pat (which she should if she is a sixth year vet,) but her actions off the field is the reason why she is in the doghouse. KaShara did not cause her to lose out on point girl or pro girl. Jenna did it to herself.

for that to be true, the team would have to be fully responsible for picking the pro bowl girl. i believe that decision comes squarely from k and j (even if they say otherwise). i agree, jenna didn’t necessarily help the situation, but since we’ve seen other girls (example - whitney i) bounce back from the dog house i have to believe k and j are being tougher on jenna for no other reason than to prove a point. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, milehigh said:

it’s fine for that to be your opinion but frankly it’s  speculative at best. how do you know that to be true? you don’t. the disdain for jenna on this board is strange. 

and why would lacey come back after being completely ignored this year? she was leapfrogged by someone who is not close to being as talented a dancer as she, only bc kashara benefits from being a leadership favorite. i hope lacey retires. and actually i wish jenna would have left with erika and holly during training camp. 

I have been told in private about things going on behind the scenes with Jenna. I completely trust the information I have received, and the person who told me. I promised I would not bring it up on here. All I can say is Jenna got herself in the mess she is in now is darn lucky to be on the team and have all the perks (group leader, show group, appearances and being in the front of the triangle.) If other girls had done the same thing, they would have been shown the door faster than she could say 1 2 3 DCC.

1 minute ago, milehigh said:

for that to be true, the team would have to be fully responsible for picking the pro bowl girl. i believe that decision comes squarely from k and j (even if they say otherwise). i agree, jenna didn’t necessarily help the situation, but since we’ve seen other girls (example - whitney i) bounce back from the dog house i have to believe k and j are being tougher on jenna for no other reason than to prove a point. 

There is a lot more to the Whitney incident which has not been brought up here, but like I said I promised not to bring it up on here. The person who I have talked with about Whitney and Jenna can be trusted.

4 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I have been told in private about things going on behind the scenes with Jenna. I completely trust the information I have received, and the person who told me. I promised I would not bring it up on here. All I can say is Jenna got herself in the mess she is in now is darn lucky to be on the team and have all the perks (group leader, show group, appearances and being in the front of the triangle.) If other girls had done the same thing, they would have been shown the door faster than she could say 1 2 3 DCC.

if that’s true i respect your desire to keep that information private. but i will say this, after watching k and j over multiple seasons, i find it very hard to believe they are doing jenna any favors by keeping her around. in fact, i believe they sensed how badly jenna wanted to remain and exploited her leadership and dancing abilities (let’s be honest, they need it badly after the exodus during this season), knowing they needed her presence on the team. that’s why i do not buy the idea anyone else would’ve been gone - they had no issue keeping whitney after she embarrassed them on a national scale. 

• Love 6

I do not think Kelli and Judy exploited Jenna at all. They could have kicked her off the team, but the thing is they needed some form of leadership even it her leadership skills are poor after hearing about what she was doing behind the scene. I think if Amy, Megan and Jennifer did not retired at the end of last season, Jenna probably would have been shown the door. Jenna went to Shelly asking about her being point girl so she wanted to stay on the team even with Kelli and Judy not being happy with her. It could have been Charlotte who wanted her to stay, and she can overrule Kelli and Judy.

In the case of Whitney, there is a lot more to the story, and I am sure the whole DCC Organization took it into consideration.

Choosing someone who wore blackface to represent is fine but a girl who hung out with a guy her own age. OHH Scandal !!

Pure messed Southern logic !! It's really disheartening for me being a fan of them with all their problematic actions. What they don't have a PR team who lives in this century!!! 

Kash will do fine hopefully this means that she will retire now like a read someone speculating on the board, I think we need to make wave for Maggie!! #Maggieforpoint 

• Love 8

you are proving my exact point. i said they sensed how badly she wanted to be there and exploited her bc they needed her leadership and abilities. 

its pretty much consensus that group 1 outperforms the other groups - is that a result of jenna’s terrible leadership?

in re to whitney: i don’t need the inside scoop to know what she did was wrong and embarrassing and generated a ton more negative attention for the entire organization than anything jenna has done. 

5 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I do not think Kelli and Judy exploited Jenna at all. They could have kicked her off the team, but the thing is they needed some form of leadership even it her leadership skills are poor after hearing about what she was doing behind the scene. I think if Amy, Megan and Jennifer did not retired at the end of last season, Jenna probably would have been shown the door. Jenna went to Shelly asking about her being point girl so she wanted to stay on the team even with Kelli and Judy not being happy with her. It could have been Charlotte who wanted her to stay, and she can overrule Kelli and Judy.

In the case of Whitney, there is a lot more to the story, and I am sure the whole DCC Organization took it into consideration.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, milehigh said:

you are proving my exact point. i said they sensed how badly she wanted to be there and exploited her bc they needed her leadership and abilities. 

its pretty much consensus that group 1 outperforms the other groups - is that a result of jenna’s terrible leadership?

in re to whitney: i don’t need the inside scoop to know what she did was wrong and embarrassing and generated a ton more negative attention for the entire organization than anything jenna has done. 

Thank you rational person!!!!! 100% agree 

Edited by mmm
  • Love 10
12 minutes ago, milehigh said:

in re to whitney: i don’t need the inside scoop to know what she did was wrong and embarrassing and generated a ton more negative attention for the entire organization than anything jenna has done

Exactly! A quick google search will put both situations in perspective.

• Love 10

I am really happy Kashara got pro bowl.  I was not really expecting her to get it because of seniority but  Kelli always emphasizes senority does not play into girls getting things and this proves it.  I think she deserves it and I am so excited for her!

Edited by missmansfield
Wrong word
  • Love 5