Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 10/23/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

12 minutes ago, ari333 said:

They put all that food out there and no one really seemed to eat much. What's the point?   Do they eat it later? I can kind of see not wanting to eat on camera.

I know this is mean, but if Sherri were still on, she'd be digging and stuffing her mouth with everything on the table.

• Love 1
On 10/23/2017 at 10:33 AM, Haleth said:

John McCain made me tear up several times. I haven't always agreed with him but I don't think there is a better intentioned person in government today. How sad that it takes a deadly illness for someone to feel free to speak the truth.

I didnt notice it the first, but when they showed some recaps they showed whoopi  cracking up sen mccain about the dew rag.  He was almost choking on that one.but he didnt, which made it even more funny heeheheee

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, bannana said:

I don't understand the food thing.  It looks so wasteful.  Does the crew eat the food after the show, when it is cold?

It always looks cold. I noticed that when Sunny had her birthday food. Nothing looked edible... Although stagehands don't mind reheating food.

9 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I know this is mean, but if Sherri were still on, she'd be digging and stuffing her mouth with everything on the table.

It would keep her quiet though! 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Fable said:

I have never commented on this particular forum before, and I will admit I don’t regularly watch the program, only some occasional clips on Youtube, although I do want to chime in on Meghan McCain.  I know some people found Jed annoying, and I will grant that she could be, but really no more so than Whoopie.  However, I did think she had a dynamic that fit in at the table, but MM really seems uncomfortable and awkward.  She really never smiles or laughs much and always looks so sour and stern (at least from what I have seen), and she is about as interesting as a bag of dust.  I wonder if they brought her father on to try to increase her likability because from what I can tell, she really isn’t really generating a positive reaction. 

Some seem to think that Meghan was hired in the attempt to score John McCain.  I can't say I know enough on that topic to make a judgment either way.

• Love 3

Nice to see Gabourey Sidibe. I've always liked her, although her acting can be hit and miss from project to project. It's a shame I don't like Empire, considering how many great actors and guest stars it's had.

I don't like Empire either, but I do like Gabourey.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Some seem to think that Meghan was hired in the attempt to score John McCain.  I can't say I know enough on that topic to make a judgment either way.

I have to admit, the thought has crossed my mind

• Love 4

Multiple people are telling a 33 y/o to freeze her eggs?  Seriously?

And why does Meghan just gaze coldly at Joy, squinting and non-smiling?  I don't think it's an act.  She just hates Joy and makes no attempt to hide it.  Kind of like the old man in that way.

Someone's called Meghan a "journalist"?

• Love 10

they did the same thing recently for Sunny's birthday -   all her favorite Puerto Rican food, they named t, showed it on camera, maybe someone took a bite.  then after the commercial it was removed.  

I does seem like a weird way to celebrate a birthday.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

Google tells me Gabourey is 5'5".  People go around telling her she's tall?  I'm 5'9", wonder if they'd accuse me of having gigantism.  They do seemed compelled to point my height out to me.

I don't believe that's what she said...she was talking about how everyone feels the need to comment on people's bodies, whether they are thin or tall. She wasn't saying that people say that *she* is tall.

• Love 8
58 minutes ago, Aileen said:

I don't believe that's what she said...she was talking about how everyone feels the need to comment on people's bodies, whether they are thin or tall. She wasn't saying that people say that *she* is tall.

Exactly!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, thejuicer said:

Did anyone catch Meghan's "The BESTTTTT women work at FOX!" when discussing Bill O'Reilly? So obnoxious. I wished Joy had asked why she didn't stay there then.

Yes, heard that, and wondered why she left.  She and Jed both left Fox and ended up on The View but continually keep bringing up Fox. I liked the "old days" when networks pretended the other networks didn't exist and would never ever mention them.

• Love 12

I think Meghan sometimes brings up Fox when the conversation turns to workplace sexual harassment. I think to her, "Fox" is shorthand for a place where sexual harassment is ingrained and it's now being revealed (I hadn't realized until Joy said it that Bill O'Reilly's most recently revealed settlement was more than OJ paid in the civil case for killing Ron Goldman - yikes!) I don't think Meghan's savvy enough to realize for a good percentage of the viewing audience, "Fox" is shorthand for right-wing bias and lies.

• Love 11
7 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

And why does Meghan just gaze coldly at Joy, squinting and non-smiling?  I don't think it's an act.  She just hates Joy and makes no attempt to hide it. 

I hate the way she acts towards Joy.  I think I'm done with The View for a while.  I liked Elisabeth, Nicole, Candace, Paula and Jedediah but I can't get into Meghan.  I tried but she leaves me cold.  She has almost no sense of humor and seems like she is in constant battle mode.  She even stinks up Whoopi-Free Fridays for me. 

Jeers to those at ABC who thought she'd be a good host.  I can't imagine the "feedback" to her is overwhelmingly favorable. 

• Love 13
9 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

I hadn't realized until Joy said it that Bill O'Reilly's most recently revealed settlement was more than OJ paid in the civil case for killing Ron Goldman - yikes!)

It was actually Meghan who brought that up and pointed it out.

I am very, very disappointed in the ladies, with the exception of Meghan, because she is always just so uninformed. The "reason" for some of the more legitimate journalists who sometimes seem to reveal their opinions by their facial reactions, or why those three CNN(?) reporters resigned, is because CORPORATIONS now own all News Organizations. Damn you, Ted Turner! And all these MEN care about is PROFIT and RATINGS. Who can scoop whom first, never mind, or fuck authenticating your source, or getting more than one source so you know what the fuck you're talking about.

And good GOD, do Mika and Joe EVER go anywhere without the other attached to their hip? Do they ALWAYS come as a package deal? I have never ever seen one interviewed without the other right there beside the other. Even before they revealed they wuz engaged.

And no, Whoopi. What that racist, sexual harasser piece of shit O'Reilly should have done (IF he ever looked in the mirror) was say "What I did was WRONG," or "illegal," not "dumb."

Of COURSE Meghan would love what the Mooch read from Joy's book.

I like Gabourey, but I couldn't even listen to her, because she was talkingsuperfastwithouttakingabreak and it made my ears bleed.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Thank you, Whoopie!  Finally someone acknowledges that Bernie Sanders does not have the record to back up his rhetoric.   Joy, please take note.

Yes, that's probably the first time I've actually cheered for something Whoopi's said in years now. I also liked what she had to say on the Flake topic, about his retirement only being a win for Bannon/Trump if their candidate actually wins the election.

The Denis Leary interview all around was so much fun. I'd recommend it for those who don't want to watch the rest of the show.

• Love 15
35 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Thank you, Whoopie!  Finally someone acknowledges that Bernie Sanders does not have the record to back up his rhetoric.   Joy, please take note.

I could never get behind Bernie as a candidate.  I understand Joy approving of his message but IMO Bernie is the wrong messenger.

4 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

The Denis Leary interview all around was so much fun. I'd recommend it for those who don't want to watch the rest of the show.

I have his book reserved at my library.

• Love 7
20 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Multiple people are telling a 33 y/o to freeze her eggs?  Seriously?

And why does Meghan just gaze coldly at Joy, squinting and non-smiling?  I don't think it's an act.  She just hates Joy and makes no attempt to hide it.  Kind of like the old man in that way.

Someone's called Meghan a "journalist"?

I think she's intimidated by Joy

• Love 8

Poor Sara thinks she is discriminated against because no one wants to here her opinions on  the black lives matter movement messaging. Does she her herself when she speaks? She thinks cause she is an ally her opinion holds weight in a room of people who are subject to the actual beatings and killings. That's like a man coming into the room getting mad at the womenz for not listening to his opinions about how he would do things if he were them against sexual harassment. Girl stop it.

I want Denis to tell me one presidential candidate that hasn't been flawed. Even Obama had that his. Miss me with that bs. 

Edited by May Jacks
  • Love 8

Thankyou, I did use my FF. I liked Bernie Sanders, and so did many many young people. I have family in the US, that didn't vote once he was out.

Anyway, moving on. Sara made some good points, she's my fave..funny how nobody there wants to run.lol! Sandra Bullock? Really...good grief. 

Meghan looked at ease, I don't think she's going anywhere...:)

Meggie is getting scrunch- face. She frowns, narrows her eyes and purses her lips, especially when Joy talks.

Better be careful, your face is going to implode. 

And that red skirt is not doing your figure any favors.  Tunics could be your friend.  

Edited by Tosia
Don't like her.
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Tosia said:

Meggie is getting scrunch- face. She frowns, narrows her eyes and purses her lips, especially when Joy talks.

Better be careful, your face is going to implode. 

And that red skirt is not doing your figure any favors.  Tunics could be your friend.  

I just cant get over her skin, whatever she uses( other than sunscreen) is working, best skin on that show.I'm so jealous..

• Love 1

So Meghan doesn't like Justin Bieber because she likes rugged "Americans"?  Hey, Beiber does nothing for me either, but it has absolutely zilch to do with the fact that he was born in Canada.  So that was weird.  But nothing, I mean nothing, could be more hilarious than having an "ideological" crush on "rugged American", Paul Ryan.  Maybe she adores Ayn Rand, too?

• Love 7

I would say Joy has her beat because Joy is 75 and looks fabulous. I remember her saying that she does not go out in the sun without a hat and sunscree

Hmm, Joy has admitted to work done, MM will likely have great skin at 75..jmho..

I dont like Justin B, all those ugly tats..

7 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

So Meghan doesn't like Justin Bieber because she likes rugged "Americans"?  Hey, Beiber does nothing for me either, but it has absolutely zilch to do with the fact that he was born in Canada.  So that was weird.  But nothing, I mean nothing, could be more hilarious than having an "ideological" crush on "rugged American", Paul Ryan.  Maybe she adores Ayn Rand, too?

Paul Ryan rugged?  Yeah right.  That man wouldn't know how to actually have a job that required you know, work.

And if MM only likes "rugged Americans" does that mean she doesn't like Pierce Brosnan?  Hugh Jackman?  Daniel Craig?  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Tammee said:

I think she's intimidated by Joy

As she should be but Joy is able to brush it off 

Joy  is terrified of surgery so she admits to injections. She really is not a beach fan and claims not to enjoy the sun and if you've been that way your whole life I imagine skin is in much better condition  

MM does look pregnant and shes trying to cover up the belly with her hands and cards while standing  looks more than monthly bloat  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, May Jacks said:

Poor Sara thinks she is discriminated against because no one wants to here her opinions on  the black lives matter movement messaging. Does she her herself when she speaks? She thinks cause she is an ally her opinion holds weight in a room of people who are subject to the actual beatings and killings. That's like a man coming into the room getting mad at the womenz for not listening to his opinions about how he would do things if he were them against sexual harassment. Girl stop it.

I want Denis to tell me one presidential candidate that hasn't been flawed. Even Obama had that his. Miss me with that bs. 

But the three he mentioned are flawed candidates:

• Sandra Bullock - Yes, she's very popular.  I love how she handled her husband's humiliation, and then went on to raise her son and then adopt a girl from foster care - something celebrities rarely do.  But, and that's a huge but, she was married to a Nazi worshipper.  Sure, there's plausible deniability, I guess, but Jesse James was a prolific collector of Nazi memorabilia, and it wasn't hidden away, in my understanding.  
  • Tom Hanks - Lovely man and amazing actor.  But he left his wife and children for Rita Wilson.  Even Ronald was divorced from his ex before getting involved with Mommy.
  • Denzel Washington - Beautiful man, wonderful actor, and has lived his life with great dignity, except - He's been known to have cheated on his long-time wife most of their marriage.

P.S. I'm beyond tired of celebrities talking about reluctantly voting for Hillary because she was such a bad candidate.  If she had won (and she did win the popular vote), these same people would be patting themselves on the back right now.

• Love 9
58 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

I just cant get over her skin, whatever she uses( other than sunscreen) is working, best skin on that show.I'm so jealous..

Her skin is very nice.  But I would expect nothing less from a 33 y/o wealthy woman.

11 minutes ago, susieq147 said:

Paul Ryan rugged?  Yeah right.  That man wouldn't know how to actually have a job that required you know, work.

And if MM only likes "rugged Americans" does that mean she doesn't like Pierce Brosnan?  Hugh Jackman?  Daniel Craig?  

I would place Pierce and Hugh under the category of "pretty boys", although Wolverine is definitely rugged.  Rugged is irresistible to me, and I would include Daniel Craig, Michael Fassbender, Clive Owen, Sean Bean, and many Americans that are not coming to mind.  These are guys who often look a little older than their stated age, and don't spend hours doing their hair, and getting facials and manicures.  "Rugged" has never described a prep-school pretty boy, in my opinion.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Her skin is very nice.  But I would expect nothing less from a 33 y/o wealthy woman.

My niece who is a makeup artist, has seen her share of wealthy 33 yr old women, and trust me, they dont all have great skin like MM. LOL in fact many of them are tanned and wrinkled. Anyway, I think she has great skin, it was a passing remark, 

As for rugged men, Beiber aint one, LOL

• Love 4

I was a huge Hootie and the Blowfish fan, and I can remember the first time I heard Darius Rucker in country music.  His voice is unique and unmistakable.  I think he's far too optimistic about the state of black artists in country music, and it's reinforced by the fact that he's being backed up by six white guys in his band.

And I'm just disgusted with Meghan putting DR on the spot by talking about kneeling during the anthem.  If Darius has any hope of keeping his status in country music, he has to walk a very fine line.  There's a reason that the Dixie Chicks' career was ruined, and Toby Keith became a super star after attacking them.  It's blind patriotism, worship of military, Christian God, and good "old fashioned morals" in that world.

Edited by RedheadZombie
Miscounted the white boys.
  • Love 11

My brother lives in Arizona, and has a healthy respect for the sun (and hiding from it). He's always appalled when he goes to visit our Florida family and sees the many people with rawhide complexions. He's always saying, "Didn't they get the message that Arizonanans got that the sun is bad for you?" Congrats to Meghan on living in a desert state and keeping a porcelain complexion. 

• Love 4

I changed the channel after the first  10 minutes, then later deleted the show from my DVR.  It's no longer fun.  MM is cranky, crabby and completely devoid of grace and sensitivity, to either her fellow panelists or guests.  She scowls at everyone and can't seem to find common ground with anyone about anything.  JMHO, although I'm probably painting her with too broad a brush.  She must have agreed with someone about something in the last few weeks.  I don't pay close enough attention anymore to know. 

I'm hoping she and/or the show can find an exit strategy.  Because this sh*t ain't working.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I guess it's because I'm a horrible person, but, I was listening very carefully towards the end of the show to see if Whoopie tried to end the show 10 minutes early again today.

Haha I did too.  I think she just lost where she was in the script for a minute

• Love 2

I actually enjoyed MM yesterday! Maybe the visit with her dad helped her loosen up a little bit. She felt less like playing an assigned role -- The Sole Conservative who will Argue Against Everything Like the Great Elisabeth Hasselbeck! -- and came across as much more authentic. I loved the point about the lines being blurred between pundit and journalist these days.

16 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

I think Meghan sometimes brings up Fox when the conversation turns to workplace sexual harassment. I think to her, "Fox" is shorthand for a place where sexual harassment is ingrained and it's now being revealed (I hadn't realized until (Meghan) said it that Bill O'Reilly's most recently revealed settlement was more than OJ paid in the civil case for killing Ron Goldman - yikes!) I don't think Meghan's savvy enough to realize for a good percentage of the viewing audience, "Fox" is shorthand for right-wing bias and lies.

Megyn Kelly made the same point about the OJ settlement yesterday on her show. HMMM. (OJ never paid it anyway).

I thought MM was trying to defend the women who work at Fox, not the network itself. Any woman who has worked there is likely to be asked if she was harrassed or had seen it (happened on NPR last month with an author who hadn't worked there in a decade). Sunny, another former Fox commentator, really elevated that conversation with her questions.

*LOVE* Gabby Sidoube. She wrote back to a friend on Twitter once and it made his year. I saw Precious twice in the theater.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, NeverLate said:

Hmm, Joy has admitted to work done, MM will likely have great skin at 75..jmho..

I dont like Justin B, all those ugly tats..

I would have to get a MUCH closer look at the work, and believe me, it wouldn't be a pleasure.  Ick.  In any case you can't see any of the artwork, although I did pick up on a gothic them, which I do totally dig hee.  Maybe it needs some color so your not looking at a black blob.

Sidebar:when I was typing 'much closer look at the work'  spell correct changed work to pork!  HAH!  Crack myself up sometimes hahah

• Love 1

Is saying I miss Jedediah on topic? She had that rapid fox talk as fast as you can, but I occasionally did agree with her. It might take a while for Meghan to feel comfortable on the panel.

I also loved Denis Leary, he was a fun guest.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

Producers, directors, decision makers: please move Meghan's seat. She shouldn't be placed front and center on the right. Obviously, Jedi relished the position, but it's not the right spot for Meghan. 

Where should she go? At the table, not out the door hah!  IDK, I dont like her at any other spot.  Everyone has their spot and have kind of made it their own.  She needs to own her spot and make it work.  Just like any new job, you have to adapt.  Maaaaaaaaaaaaaany a cubie have I had to 'adapt' hhah.   Seriously, I dont want her in Sara's spot, nor W or J which only mean  swap with Sunny, which she would do it for the team, but would be a very unhappy Sunny.  As well as I. Very pissed off.

• Love 2
Just now, Ladyrain said:

I'm hoping she and/or the show can find an exit strategy.  Because this sh*t ain't working.

I am on the fence about MM. But if she does leave she can always say it was because she wanted to spend more quality time with her father.