Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 10/23/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

9 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

I did agree with MM when she said that you have to understand Trump and his supporters.  In order to guarantee he doesnt get reelected in 2020, you have to study the reasoning behind why his supporters support him so you can provide an opposing candidate that can beat him. 

See, I don't need to understand because I already know who he is and what his supporters believe and stand for. Meghan was acting on the premise that those that call him stupid or "attack" him, don't "know" or "understand" him. He has made it pretty clear who he is, what he stands for, etc. I don't need or want Meghan condescending to me or the other ladies on the panel.

I have been thinking about why MM has been guarded during her first few weeks.  She is basically a brand new employee so she is trying to find her way in the m8dst of an established group of co hosts. 

I've said this before and I'll say it again: This ain't her first rodeo on this show. She knows and is aware of how it works, as she has been on this show as a guest co-host. Not just a guest the ladies interviewed. But a co-host. I'm not giving her any slack. Sorry.

I do think what me and others view as cold is probably her not wanting to show too much emotion as the new co host.

I think she's shown plenty of emotion. Always getting all teary-eyed when she says "this is so HARD for me!" After her arrogant statement that she's a "tough chick" and won't tolerate nonsense. Yeah, right.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

This ain't her first rodeo on this show. She knows and is aware of how it works, as she has been on this show as a guest co-host. Not just a guest the ladies interviewed. But a co-host. I'm not giving her any slack. Sorry.

To paraphrase a recent (in)famous quote, "[s}he knew what he signed up for."

Edited b/c I'm trying to get rid of this cross-out line, and can't, and I can't place a bracketed "s" on the second "he".  Weird.

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

I did agree with MM when she said that you have to understand Trump and his supporters.  In order to guarantee he doesnt get reelected in 2020, you have to study the reasoning behind why his supporters support him so you can provide an opposing candidate that can beat him.  

OK, but she made the point poorly - by shouting down the others, saying  that understanding his supporters was more productive than saying he is stupid.  Productive?   This is not a news show, they are having a conversation about the president bragging about his intellect, when there is no evidence to support it.   Meghan could have brought up the topic that SHE wanted to talk about, without slamming the others for being not productive in talking about his level of intelligence.  And, remember Meghan said this in response to the audience applauding loudly when Sunny said the average American is smarter than trump. 

To me, it's just another example of Meghan being humorless and rather strident in her opinions, as well as unwilling to participate in the give-and-take of the show.  And the second time I recall that she seemed pissed at the audience reaction. 

• Love 17
28 minutes ago, Tunia said:

To paraphrase a recent (in)famous quote, "[s}he knew what he signed up for."

Edited b/c I'm trying to get rid of this cross-out line, and can't, and I can't place a bracketed "s" on the second "he".  Weird.

You probably clicked on the strikeout icon, which is right next to the I for italics on the toolbar next to your avatar. Just highlight the text you want to undo, then click on the T again, and it will undo it.

20 minutes ago, backformore said:

OK, but she made the point poorly - by shouting down the others, saying  that understanding his supporters was more productive than saying he is stupid.  Productive?   This is not a news show, they are having a conversation about the president bragging about his intellect, when there is no evidence to support it.   Meghan could have brought up the topic that SHE wanted to talk about, without slamming the others for being not productive in talking about his level of intelligence.  And, remember Meghan said this in response to the audience applauding loudly when Sunny said the average American is smarter than trump. 

To me, it's just another example of Meghan being humorless and rather strident in her opinions, as well as unwilling to participate in the give-and-take of the show.  And the second time I recall that she seemed pissed at the audience reaction. 

@backformore, I need to take writing and how to respond lessons from you, because you said exactly what was in my mind, but wrote it and expressed it much better and clearly than I could or did!

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, backformore said:

Meghan definitely has that air of only my view is the right view.  And for someone who keeps saying we need to understand Trump's base she sure as fuck doesn't seem like she wants to understand the tens of millions of people who aren't a part of  Trump's base.  I think what they want is just as important as understanding what Trump's base wants.  And Meghan honey just because someone is rich and can be elected to office doesn't mean they are smart.  The last two Republican presidents prove that.

• Love 17

Meghan looked good today, Whoopi OTOH , no words. Bag lady isn't in

I don't really like the picture of Ellen, so I agreed with Sunny, even though she's too prissy for my liking.

The twins were good( how come Whoopi left) Meh, Friday with Whoopi who can't tread a prompter is not as much fun. I adored Paula's new dog! Omg how cute was Addison..

• Love 2

I'm watching it now. Did they say why Joy wasn't on today? If, so I missed it.

I was thinking it was pretaped, but then they mentioned the Ellen tweet, so I don't think so. 

Boo...I don't like an unexpected Joyless Friday.

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 8
32 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

You probably clicked on the strikeout icon, which is right next to the I for italics on the toolbar next to your avatar. Just highlight the text you want to undo, then click on the T again, and it will undo it.

Thanks for the info, GH, but that wasn't it.  It won't reverse and won't let me add the second "s" to that area.  Everyplace else works OK!

9 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

I'm watching it now. Did they say why Joy wasn't on today? If, so I missed it.

She's in CA--she's going to be on Real Time with Bill Maher tonight, as the mid-show guest. I was hoping she'd be on the main panel.

8 minutes ago, Tunia said:

Thanks for the info, GH, but that wasn't it.  It won't reverse and won't let me add the second "s" to that area.  Everyplace else works OK!

Then report the comment and let the mod know what is happening and they can fix it for you.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

I was hoping they would show the video of George W. putting on the poncho during the inauguration.  It was the best part of the whole day.

Heh..I hadn't seen this before. 

42 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

The twins were good( how come Whoopi left)

This part had to be pre-taped (they were promoting their book.)

Maybe it was taped on a normal Whoopie free Friday.

Oh, almost forgot..I want to know what their father said to P. Obama that made him crack up!

Edited by ChiCricket
More to say
  • Love 9
24 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

Oh, almost forgot..I want to know what their father said to P. Obama that made him crack up!

OMG, I really laughed out loud at this tape!!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ChiCricket said:

I'd love to know, Bushy can be quite funny!

• Love 2

Regarding Meghan's dress, I thought the cut and color was flattering.  The print was a bit weird (labs and roses?) but we've seen Whoopi in some crazy clothing and shoes. I love Whoopi and Joy, and have warmed up to Sunny and Sara, and Meghan is thoughtful and not a screaming banshee, so I'm not hating on the View lately. I had to stop watching when Hasselbeck was on.

I'm not on twitter, but letting others know about #MoreForMBC.  Raise your hand if you hate getting mammograms, but do it anyway.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, nokat said:

Regarding Meghan's dress, I thought the cut and color was flattering.  The print was a bit weird (labs and roses?) but we've seen Whoopi in some crazy clothing and shoes. I love Whoopi and Joy, and have warmed up to Sunny and Sara, and Meghan is thoughtful and not a screaming banshee, so I'm not hating on the View lately. I had to stop watching when Hasselbeck was on.

I'm not on twitter, but letting others know about #MoreForMBC.  Raise your hand if you hate getting mammograms, but do it anyway.

I don't know anyone that enjoys them, but its a great detection tool, so of course, I go.( I'm due next month actually) ouch! 

8 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

I don't know anyone that enjoys them, but its a great detection tool, so of course, I go.( I'm due next month actually) ouch!

The side boob, under the arm, ouch. But so important, and if you can't afford health care, self check, because you know what your own breasts should feel and look like.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I don't have to get them anymore! YAY!!!! And they should seriously be renamed for what they are: Pancake Presses. Cuz that's what it felt like.

Pancake Presses suck, but having a mastectomy is way worse. Happy for you to make it through, and seeing us bitch about a moments pain during a mammography probably makes you roll your eyes.

• Love 2

What the heck with the blue dress that not Jenna twin had on? Is she using Kelly Ripas stylist? I had  to back it up to hear what she was saying I was so distracted. 

Did I also hear correctly that MM's father told her to not lie cheat or steal? Ok then.  But do defend a liar ad nauseam.   

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Love 3

Not sure if I've ever seen the Bush twins before.  Obviously they're not identical, but have they always looked that different. The thinner one looks almost anorexic. They seemed pleasant enough, though.

After saying I probably wouldn't watch today, I did. And, yay for me, Whoopi, Paula and Meghan, and no Joy. But, surprisingly it wasn't a bad show. None of them bugged me enough to want to turn off the tv. And Paula even had the cute puppy. Meghan still seemed to be long-winded once she started to talk, but she still doesn't bug me as much as Jed did.

What was the cake for? I left the room during a commercial break and missed the beginning of that segment.

2 minutes ago, buffynut said:

Not sure if I've ever seen the Bush twins before.  Obviously they're not identical, but have they always looked that different. The thinner one looks almost anorexic. They seemed pleasant enough, though.

After saying I probably wouldn't watch today, I did. And, yay for me, Whoopi, Paula and Meghan, and no Joy. But, surprisingly it wasn't a bad show. None of them bugged me enough to want to turn off the tv. And Paula even had the cute puppy. Meghan still seemed to be long-winded once she started to talk, but she still doesn't bug me as much as Jed did.

What was the cake for? I left the room during a commercial break and missed the beginning of that segment.

Paula's birthday was yesterday.

• Love 3

Wait, did Paula just engage in victim blaming? And did Whoopi agree with her after she (Whoopi) said how good it was that women were coming together and making it dangerous for these sexual predators???

Did Paula actually say that “we” need to make sure “we” don’t “put ourselves” in a situation where we can be assaulted?!!! STFU!??

And Sara was being tone deaf in trying to justify “if it was a guy” who had done what Ellen “appeared” to have done.

I don’t know how to feel about the whole 10 Commandments discussion-it seemed aimed toward only those who are Christians. And Sunny equating All of them with the law? I’m sure she only meant the ones having to do with killing and stealing, right? Unless I’m just real obtuse because you know “Separation of  Church and State” thing. And “killing” is fair game, eh Meghan??

Huh. Nice pivot, Jenna, not answering Meghan’s question about how she feels about critics of her father, now missing him, due to who is now in the White House. Instead, she tells Meghan how much she admires Senator McCain.???

Why weren’t Whoopi and Paula there during the interview? Sara, Sunny and Meghan weren’t wearing different clothes like we usually see when an interview is previously taped. And I want to know what Dubya said to Obama that made him chuckle. CHUCKLE, people, not “crack” or “break character!”?

• Love 9
20 hours ago, fishsanwitt said:

Barbara Pierce Bush - what on God's Green Earth was she wearing? So bad.

I'm sorry for being shallow and judgmental, but I couldn't concentrate on what she was saying because of her dress.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Wait, did Paula just engage in victim blaming? And did Whoopi agree with her after she (Whoopi) said how good it was that women were coming together and making it dangerous for these sexual predators???

Did Paula actually say that “we” need to make sure “we” don’t “put ourselves” in a situation where we can be assaulted?!!! STFU!??

And Sara was being tone deaf in trying to justify “if it was a guy” who had done what Ellen “appeared” to have done.

I don’t know how to feel about the whole 10 Commandments discussion-it seemed aimed toward only those who are Christians. And Sunny equating All of them with the law? I’m sure she only meant the ones having to do with killing and stealing, right? Unless I’m just real obtuse because you know “Separation of  Church and State” thing. And “killing” is fair game, eh Meghan??

Huh. Nice pivot, Jenna, not answering Meghan’s question about how she feels about critics of her father, now missing him, due to who is now in the White House. Instead, she tells Meghan how much she admires Senator McCain.???

Why weren’t Whoopi and Paula there during the interview? Sara, Sunny and Meghan weren’t wearing different clothes like we usually see when an interview is previously taped. And I want to know what Dubya said to Obama that made him chuckle. CHUCKLE, people, not “crack” or “break character!”?

Paula did allude to women "putting themselves in a position." As to the 10 Commandments, you don't have to be Christian or of any religion to have ethics.

• Love 4

I don't get the controversy about Ellen and Katy Perry.  Ellen is not in a position of power, it was a couple of friends goofing around.  Sexual harassment is when a person feels diminished by unwanted sexual attention.  If Katy Perry feels harassed, then she is the one to say so, not anybody else.  Ellen has had Sophia Vergara on her show, and they goof around, sometimes including sexual remarks.  Ellen's tweet was nothing like harassment, they shouldn't have given the topic any attention at all. 

Oh - and Sunny said that in 1977, a judge decided that unwanted sexual advances were illegal - said "it's been 30 years!"  NO, Sunny, 1977 was actually 40 years ago.  

• Love 13
On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 0:17 PM, susieq147 said:

I've heard this so much.  That Trump represents the "average American".  I do not want a president that is just like your average American.  Because unfortunately there is a pretty significant amount of Americans bringing down the average.  And Meghan dear, we do understand Trump and yes he is stupid.

This drives me crazy, and it has since the whole Palin thing.  Do you want an average American flying your plane?  Performing your surgery?  Of course not.  But any old moron will do as leader of the free world (a title now owned by Angela Merkel, BTW)?  These are the same fools who voted for Dubya because he was the type of guy they wanted to have a beer with.  Sure, have a beer with an alcoholic you idiotic people.  That's guaranteed to end well.

• Love 18
(edited)

I find it insulting that they keep saying Dumph is just like an average American. I haven't watched Friday's show since I seem to have some kind of stomach bug. Not sure if I want to bother watching after reading some of the comments about it. I FF'd through everything after Hot Topics when watching Thursday's show.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 6

Joy was in California last night to do the Bill Maher show to promote her book, (which is why she did not host the View Friday), she was great on the HBO show. Cute as a button and you could tell Bill just adores her. Catch it if you have time. 

• Love 11
15 hours ago, geekburger said:

Why didn’t Paula get a birthday celebration? With all her favorite foods on the HT table?

Sara introduced the birthday wishes with that beautiful cake and said Paula's birthday was yesterday. They spent more time on Paula's new puppy. On the P&S Facebook Live show that airs every Friday after the show GMA's Rob Marciano and his wife were in her dressing room. Dan Harris and Ron Claiborne from GMA sent messages via phone video. They ate Lebanese food from a restaurant that Paula likes.

Paula and Sara probably preferred it that way.

Edited by rcc
2 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

Joy was in California last night to do the Bill Maher show to promote her book, (which is why she did not host the View Friday), she was great on the HBO show. Cute as a button and you could tell Bill just adores her. Catch it if you have time. 

I need to make sure I watch that.  My interest in the show cooled with the whole N word debacle.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, backformore said:

Ellen is not in a position of power, it was a couple of friends goofing around.

I'll give you that - but why make in public?  It made me a little queasy.

11 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

But any old moron will do as leader of the free world (a title now owned by Angela Merkel, BTW)?  These are the same fools who voted for Dubya because he was the type of guy they wanted to have a beer with.  Sure, have a beer with an alcoholic you idiotic people.  That's guaranteed to end well.

Don't you know that "elites" are bad?

16 hours ago, backformore said:

I don't get the controversy about Ellen and Katy Perry.  Ellen is not in a position of power, it was a couple of friends goofing around. 

I think that is an old picture, because I'm sure I remember seeing it a while ago.  However, with everything in the news these days, maybe it was poor taste or bad timing for Ellen, or her people, to re-post the picture. But I'm sure Katy wasn't offended or uncomfortable, so it's definitely not the same as Weinstein and the others.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, buffynut said:

I think that is an old picture, because I'm sure I remember seeing it a while ago.  However, with everything in the news these days, maybe it was poor taste or bad timing for Ellen, or her people, to re-post the picture. But I'm sure Katy wasn't offended or uncomfortable, so it's definitely not the same as Weinstein and the others.

No, it wasn't an old photo. I just didnt like it,poor taste and I love Ellen( not her show) 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

It was an old photo. Partly obvious because Katy's hair has been short all of 2017, and in the picture it was armlength.

Back from when she was with Russell Brand.  I remember seeing a pic of the two, she had that dress on, looked very pretty

• Love 1