Type keyword(s) to search

Evelyn & David: Who Let Them in Here?

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, John M said:

We always joke that she lives in the basement of Kleinfeld. Is she even like a legitimate designer or like the Kleinfeld house brand? They always make a big deal out of her but she makes such trashy dresses and apparently has a lot of free time to make custom dresses for randos that walk into Kleinfelds.

I know it is a TV show but perception is everything and the perception that she gives on SYTTD is she is a sales associate at Kleinfelds that happens to own a sewing machine.

According to her website (I spelled the last name wrong - it's Tornai), she was a couture designer but SYTDD "Brought her in to the spotlight" and that she's a "star" of that show.  Everything on her site just looks....trashy, and poorly done.  Not my taste remotely.  But enough people must like her.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, ethalfrida said:

That still makes me laugh!

Me too!!  Everytime I see a chijuajua, my inside voice says "chee-who-uh-who-uh" closely followed by "Chai Chai Rod-Ree-Gwez".  Simply can't think one without the other!

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Horrified said:

Me too!!  Everytime I see a chijuajua, my inside voice says "chee-who-uh-who-uh" closely followed by "Chai Chai Rod-Ree-Gwez".  Simply can't think one without the other!

I think the Rodreeqwez makes me laugh the most, though. I'm smiling now. I also think I watch the reruns just to hear him say both of them.

58 minutes ago, bethster2000 said:

Classy.

pnina-tornai-brd-rf18-001.jpg

wow that's pretty covered up for her!  Is she loosing her touch?  LOL

Her style got knocked off a lot from when she was first introduced.   A lot of brides want their assets to be shown...far more than you would think.   I thought maybe the trend had died down since Pnina really specialized in that corset bodice that was see through.  But my niece recently got married and she was essentially in a low cut gown that hugged her body from head to toe.  She's a volleyball player....tall and blond and looked the part.   Yet I felt a pang of sadness that she didn't wear something more "bridal."   You only have once chance to wear something that is bridal.....her gown in a different color could be worn at any time to any fancy gala.   Plus a lot of her pictures seem to just feature her breasts almost hanging out of every shot, for better or worse (in her eyes).   At least she didn't look like a stripper.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Yet I felt a pang of sadness that she didn't wear something more "bridal."  

We live in different times, my friend.  We've been doing some remodeling around the house and I unearthed a bunch of stuff from our 1996 wedding.  Most remarkable were the bridal magazines.  I suppose the youths of today would find them ugly and old-fashioned, but I was struck by how elegant the styles were and how intricate the details.  90% of the dresses had sleeves.  Many of those sleeves were full sleeves.  Even the lower-cut dresses were modest (positively Puritan by today's standards).  I've been married for 21 years now and I guess I am not with the times, but I know that if I had to choose between a PBandJ Stripper Dress where my friends and family could see my skin through its bodice, and a dress like Evil-yn's, I know which one I would choose every time.

I had a really dreamy dress.  Lace and beading and a full skirt.  I even managed to pull off a butt bow!

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, bethster2000 said:

We live in different times, my friend.  We've been doing some remodeling around the house and I unearthed a bunch of stuff from our 1996 wedding.  Most remarkable were the bridal magazines.  I suppose the youths of today would find them ugly and old-fashioned, but I was struck by how elegant the styles were and how intricate the details.  90% of the dresses had sleeves.  Many of those sleeves were full sleeves.  Even the lower-cut dresses were modest (positively Puritan by today's standards).  I've been married for 21 years now and I guess I am not with the times, but I know that if I had to choose between a PBandJ Stripper Dress where my friends and family could see my skin through its bodice, and a dress like Evil-yn's, I know which one I would choose every time.

I had a really dreamy dress.  Lace and beading and a full skirt.  I even managed to pull off a butt bow!

nicely done!   My dress had sleeves :)   I would totally choose a more modern dress today but HELLFAKTODANOOO on the stipper pnina gown.   I don't want the gown wearing me.

Don't lose all hope, a lovely friend got married a year ago and she (also a volleyball player LOL) chose a beautiful strapless gown with an a line shape...a little blingy stuff on the train.  Very bridal and elegant.  They don't all choose the revealing option LOL.

• Love 1
On 06/12/2017 at 7:14 AM, PityFree said:

Evil-lyn wearing that apron with her vintage dress to fry a few onions and warm store-bought tortillas for her soon-to-be headship made me roll my eyes.  I’ve cooked an entire Thanksgiving dinner without needing an apron—but  I wasn’t trying to convince someone that I was the perfect 1950’s housewife. 

And I have cooked naked! Bacon! Burn marks on my TaTa's

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I am living for the look on the model's face. "guys,  they made me wear this ugly thing. When I heard 'bridal show' I thought 'pretty fluffy gowns'--but NOOOO! I get a bedazzled romper. Shoot me now"

I am digging the shoes, but where would one wear this dress?  It would be a nonstarter at most churches. Only maybe the Victoria’s Secret Angels show could  pull this off.

• Love 3
On 12/10/2017 at 7:56 PM, PityFree said:

Evil-lyn?  Donnie and Marie called and they want that wedding dress back.

I saw that dress a lot when I was in jr high and the Gunne Sax crazy.  I had one similar.  I liked them on other people, bought one cause you know, herd mentality and then once I wore it to 8th grade graduation I realized it just was NOT me and had my mom bring me normal clothes (I think I was in it for about an hour before I decided I hated it).  It was the bomb back in the day but WAY to girlie for me.

30 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I am digging the shoes, but where would one wear this dress?  It would be a nonstarter at most churches. Only maybe the Victoria’s Secret Angels show could  pull this off.

The shoes are super cool!

• Love 3
On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 6:12 PM, Arwen Evenstar said:

Yup, Evelyn needs to experience “the sweet mystery of life” sooner rather than later. Might take some of the bitchiness out of her. Literally, the taming of the shrew.

....and maybe she will be able to carry a tune afterwards

• Love 4
On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 10:39 AM, Arwen Evenstar said:

Fredericks of Hollywood was always far more risqué than Victoria’s Secret ever dreamed of being.  I could only imagine Evelyn wondering what to do with or how to wear some of that stuff.  IIRC,  Victoria’s Secret never sold crotchless panties or bras that had the boobies hanging out, but you could get a pretty garter belt there back in the day.  But yes, that store was very tame, right in line with Evelyn’s provincial sensibilities.

Arghhh.  Tame and boring.  There wasn't even anything in the cute range. 

• Love 3
On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 2:10 AM, bethster2000 said:

I know, right?  I think she looks GORGEOUS in that dress.  Then again, I loathe Panini or whatever she's called Stripperwear Dresses that are on the Say Yes shows.  I know that on my wedding day, my husband wanted the CLASSY...not his bride showing the ASSY.

Are we talking about Evelyn?  She is tall and thin, she would look good in anything.  I'm not saying go all Tornai with a see through dress, but that thing looks like it was $9.99 off the nightgown rack at Marshalls or maybe she is dressed for an extra on Little House on the Prairie.  Ughhhh.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, bethster2000 said:

I got married in 1994.  I am a fuller figured gal, and we had less options back then than they do now, so I had my dress made.  It's not super fancy, but it looked OK and I got compliments on it.  I wore a hat - I miss the hat days.  Lace, pinned back on one side with flowers on the pinned back part - it had a poof dotted with pearls, and then tulle that hung down long in the back.  I thought my bridesmaids had the most gorgeous dresses.  Elbow length sleeves.  Vibrant purple.  Skirt was satin with a high/low hem.  Bodice was brocade - same color.  The neck was fairly high, and had a satin reverse collar - straight on the front, then lapels in the back.  The back was a V - that was the only spot that dipped, and it wasn't terribly low.  People look at them now and laugh.  : (

• Love 3

I think Evelyn's dress suits her, as she likes vintage and it carries on the family tradition (also it's her *first* wedding dress, BAD GIRL, BEACHY)! I'm 57 and have not managed to get married. But I posed in a polyester wedding dress in 1987 for a performing arts brochure, and then bought a L'huillier gown for what turned out to be a marriage falsified to rip me off by a wealthy pseudo-celeb in 2006. I think I will find someone at this age and I'd love a slim knee-length sheath and little cute bird-cage fascinator hat!

Edited by BeachyWave
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, BeachyWave said:

But I posed in a polyester wedding dress in 1987 for a performing arts brochure, and then bought a L'huillier gown for what turned out to be a marriage falsified to rip me off by a wealthy pseudo-celeb in 2016. 

Now see, you're gonna have to stop dropping these breadcrumbs...or we're gonna follow you back to the candy cottage and whip you with licorice until you tell us who this bozo was that did this to you!

(I wound up posting so much stuff about me that people on here were eventually able to figure out who I was. I got some book sales out of it, though, and they seem pretty happy with them so it's kind of a win-win.)

• Love 10
34 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

(I wound up posting so much stuff about me that people on here were eventually able to figure out who I was. I got some book sales out of it, though, and they seem pretty happy with them so it's kind of a win-win.)

Capture.JPG

• Love 3

I kinda love that Evelyn and David Spain are so effing boring that the best part about their thread is reading the Pnina hate (right there with ya) and feeling serious curiosity about the people who are posting in here!  MamaDrama and Beachy, I am looking at you two!

• Love 3
10 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Now see, you're gonna have to stop dropping these breadcrumbs...or we're gonna follow you back to the candy cottage and whip you with licorice until you tell us who this bozo was that did this to you!

I think I love you! LOL!

• Love 2
13 hours ago, BeachyWave said:

I think Evelyn's dress suits her, as she likes vintage and it carries on the family tradition (also it's her *first* wedding dress, BAD GIRL, BEACHY)! I'm 57 and have not managed to get married. But I posed in a polyester wedding dress in 1987 for a performing arts brochure, and then bought a L'huillier gown for what turned out to be a marriage falsified to rip me off by a wealthy pseudo-celeb in 2016. I think I will find someone at this age and I'd love a slim knee-length sheath and little cute bird-cage fascinator hat!

Wait, what? Foolishly I went to sleep too early last night and missed something interesting here. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Wait, what? Foolishly I went to sleep too early last night and missed something interesting here. 

OK OK (and don't post the name here) but it's a geek in a lab coat who ties his bowtie backwards. And waxes his hunchback monthly. That should probably do it.

Anyway, so we're not off-topic *completely,* bets on arrival of Nino Numero Uno? I'm guessing August 2018. Well, make that Sept., they may have to acquire some diagrams and ramp up to it for a month.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, BeachyWave said:

OK OK (and don't post the name here) but it's a geek in a lab coat who ties his bowtie backwards. And waxes his hunchback monthly. That should probably do it.

Anyway, so we're not off-topic *completely,* bets on arrival of Nino Numero Uno? I'm guessing August 2018. Well, make that Sept., they may have to acquire some diagrams and ramp up to it for a month.

I don’t know who you are talking about!   But it sounds like your book is a good read!   PM me the title? Please?

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 6:06 PM, bethster2000 said:

Guilty as charged.....got married in 95.  Long poufy sleeves, modest cut and a big toule skirt.  Frankly, if I had a do over and I had Evelyn's figure, I'd go for the stripper dress.  LOL.  I don't like the see through bodices, but some of the corset dresses are beautiful if you lined the bodice. 

1 hour ago, Cherrio said:

Edited because the poster said not to post it here.

I think I guessed right though, so PM me for my answer.

Thank you for the info!  For some reason I couldn't open the message to thank you there!

• Love 1
On 10/23/2017 at 4:48 PM, PityFree said:

I wish they would explain a little bit more about David’s motivation. Do we know how religious he is? what does he do for a living? Is this his very first relationship with a woman? Why on earth would he want to leave vibrant Spain for freezing small town USA? He’s good looking so why couldn’t he find a pretty Spanish woman to marry? 

I think that when people from outside the US imagine living in the United States they imagine living in a better known city with lots going on, lots of people, activities, job opportunities, and shopping. But all of these Americans live in small places far from city life. 

Vibrant Spain has an extremely high unemployment rate, and is in decline.  Plenty of people can’t get work there who are qualified.  

• Love 3

Ok, why does Evelyn need to move from the home she’s comfortable in?  He’s the brokeass begging for a green card.  It’s possible she makes a decent living with her music, odd though I find it.

Boston is less than 2 hours away.

NH is a beautiful place with laid back people.  Not everyone wants to live in a crowded, overpriced city.  City life is very different in the US than in Europe.  He’d probably bitch if she did live in Boston.

i swear that tattoo guy is a paid actor.

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Ok, why does Evelyn need to move from the home she’s comfortable in?  He’s the brokeass begging for a green card.  It’s possible she makes a decent living with her music, odd though I find it.

Boston is less than 2 hours away.

NH is a beautiful place with laid back people.  Not everyone wants to live in a crowded, overpriced city.  City life is very different in the US than in Europe.  He’d probably bitch if she did live in Boston.

Shevsaid she only made a little bit of money and that is from tutoring French. Based on her producer it wouldn’t surprise me if she spent more on her music than ahe made. It was also stated that David is paying for some of the wedding. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4

I just don’t understand why Evil-lyn’s mother couldn’t have worn a tea length or kneelength dress in a different color. She looked like she was trying to upstage the bride. she even had basically the same hairstyle as Evil-lyn. 

The fact that Evil-lyn and her mother looked and dressed so much alike made it kind of creepy when her father was standing next to his daughter and remembering his own wedding.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, PityFree said:

I just don’t understand why Evil-lyn’s mother couldn’t have worn a tea length or kneelength dress in a different color. She looked like she was trying to upstage the bride. she even had basically the same hairstyle as Evil-lyn. 

Very tacky. I'm southern -- we are the arbiters of rules (ducks for cover) and only one lady wears white to a wedding!

• Love 6