Type keyword(s) to search

Evelyn & David: Who Let Them in Here?

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I guess we know where Evelyn got her condescending “fun facts” from. I couldn’t credit her being so original.

B23B947A-A277-4889-A554-163F162D0346.jpeg

BED1647F-CB98-4606-B331-7CE7A9061798.jpeg

So she gets the 'fun fact' arrogant way of speaking from her dad.  Good to know.  Fun fact, I would want to throat punch both of you.

• Love 15

I got curious about Claremont NH, Zillow.com has listings of what has to be the cheapest real estate I have ever seen, houses in questionable shape selling for $30,000 and some trailer homes selling for less than $20,00 so I call BS on anyone spending $1200/month on rent for any apartment or house. 

After looking at the real estate I can only imagine what the town is like...I do not blame David for not wanting to stick around.   

• Love 6
2 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

It always fascinates me when people like her dad say things like 'ha ha ha fun fact- this is entertainment' in response to criticism, because I'm amazed at how naive they were to think they weren't going to be spun a certain way & get a reaction from the general audience. Many realize these shows are highly edited, but there are others who will take it at face value.

Even so, they AGREE to participate & give up control. THEY do say the things they say & do the things they do, & some editing can be done to spin it but otherwise no one is sticking her nose in the air but Evelyn; no one insulted her 'best friend' but both Evelyn & David; no one is constantly dissing Claremont but David; & no one called her THE BAND, but her father - to which everyone watching is entitled their opinion regarding these actions/statements.

So, if they don't like it, too bad, because it's too late. They should've stayed the hell off TV & promoted THE BAND some other way.

I took Father Evelyn's comment a bit differently.  He didn't seem to be complaining that the show is largely fake and heavily edited. He seemed to be just pointing it out and comparing it to pro-wrestling.  I took it more, like, "Lighten up, it's mostly a big act, like WWE." as opposed to "The producers betrayed us and made us look horrible, with heavy editing!" 

1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

So she gets the 'fun fact' arrogant way of speaking from her dad.  Good to know.  Fun fact, I would want to throat punch both of you.

I think he stole it from Evelyn.  I think Father Evelyn was alluding to the now popular catchphrase from the show to be snarky, just like we do.  I liked it.  

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I took Father Evelyn's comment a bit differently.  He didn't seem to be complaining that the show is largely fake and heavily edited. He seemed to be just pointing it out and comparing it to pro-wrestling.  I took it more, like, "Lighten up, it's mostly a big act, like WWE." as opposed to "The producers betrayed us and made us look horrible, with heavy editing!" 

I agree he didn't sound like he was taking it too seriously but Evelyn might be, given she's the one catching it mostly, & he may have gotten in there to help her out.

But again, they need to realize her behavior (& David's) may not be interpreted as 'entertainment' by some, but as rather obnoxious- & since they put it out there, they now have to suck it up.

I personally believe they are all acting - badly - to help promote "The Band" (Evelyn). But I do think they are 'acting' like very obnoxious, unlikable people. If it were me I wouldn't want my (ahem), talents, promoted this way.

• Love 7
On 11/24/2017 at 5:04 PM, PityFree said:

I suppose he’s the best music producer who lives five minutes from her parents house.

Hey. HEY! He has a microphone and a sound board mixer thingy and EVEN a computer attached to those things. So OBVIOUSLY he's a primo producer who GETS HER STYLE. There are no other producers of music anywhere else in the entire world at all that could produce her. The fact that she stumbled onto this gem in his home studio with the 1980s wall paper border trim and shelf full of paper and stuff only 5 minutes from her parents house IN CLAREMONT (Claremont NH, the center of all things good TM) is just a coincidence. A happy, happy blessed coincidence.

• Love 9

Absolutely despise David Spain!!!  Evelyn is a argumentative little brat, but I chose to cut her a little slack because she's 18 and had no control over the Duggar style family of freaks she was born into.  David on the other hand.....when he humiliated her plain friend over not being in a relationship?  That might've been one of the cruelest things I've ever seen on tv!  They're not good enough actors to fake all that!  I get that New Hampshire (and America in general) is not paradise on Earth to many foreigners, but he goes out of his way to belittle, argue, and complain about every ##&$&'n thing!!  He's the worst of a lot of pathetic and unlikeable people on 90DF this year!  He represents Spain about as well as Nicole represents America.  I'm a single 52 yr old man so I don't watch a lot of reality tv, but this one is a little personal since I'm getting married in Ukraine on Jan. 13th!!  We're a little like Matt/Alla although I don't own a car dealership.  We're somewhat normal and boring....wouldn't drive up their ratings!

• Love 8

I am also calling BS on that apartment Evelyn coveted was $ 1200 a month! I recall the downstairs being large, but only saw one bedroom upstairs and from the side view by the parking lot there appeared to be an outside stairway presumably leading to a second floor apartment. I looked at a real estate website for Claremont and found some listings for THREE bedroom apartments that weren't even that much. For example: http://www.rentalsinclaremont.com/claremont-nh-three-bedroom-apartments/ 

I looked at the address for the first one in the list and this is the street view:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/143+Pleasant+St,+Claremont,+NH+03743/@43.3678045,-72.3408425,3a,75y,293h,90t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sQT1GYa25o0GV_VXXrLqfvg!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo2.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3DQT1GYa25o0GV_VXXrLqfvg%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dsearch.TACTILE.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D86%26h%3D86%26yaw%3D293.56097%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100!7i13312!8i6656!4m5!3m4!1s0x89e1c1dae2495d51:0xb0398a8b5aba5d79!8m2!3d43.3678544!4d-72.3409927

Many of the one, two and three bedroom apartments (on this site at least) are in the same building like the one linked above also has a 2BR available. (These crazy color schemes seem to be popular up there!) HEY, THERE'S A JAMAICAN RESTAURANT RIGHT NEXT DOOR! How worldly can you get! 

Finally, just out of curiosity, I traveled around on Street View looking at other sections of Claremont. They do appear to have a quaint little downtown area, but I can understand David's reluctance to live there. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 4
On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 2:54 PM, Arwen Evenstar said:

She looks so dated because she’s so sheltered.  Private evangelical Christian schools are into stricter dress codes.  They attract a broader spectrum of families, many of them way stricter at home than Parents Evelyn. Evelyn ‘s dress may not have broken any school rules, but she was probably a fashionista in comparison to the girls at her school who had to wear Fundy Misery Fashion.  She’s definitely used to always  having been a big fish in a little pond.

IDK. In those pics I posted, Solomon and her dad (and the other guy) all look normal and like it's 2017. Even the mom looks fairly normal. But I think Evelyn has this thing w/ ugly, kitschy retro crap. Like that shitty house she wanted to rent. There's prbly a little ramshackle thrift store in Claremont and she thinks the cool thing to do is "dress vintage." Like her trying to alter that entirely-too-big, hideous green dress that she had pinned back to fit her. I'm guessing her mother, who is about my age, told her to watch Pretty In Pink (a movie the fortysomethings grew up w/) and now Evelyn is haunting the local Goodwill and really confusing herself.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, balisticnikki said:

There's prbly a little ramshackle thrift store in Claremont and she thinks the cool thing to do is "dress vintage." Like her trying to alter that entirely-too-big, hideous green dress that she had pinned back to fit her. I'm guessing her mother, who is about my age, told her to watch Pretty In Pink (a movie the fortysomethings grew up w/) and now Evelyn is haunting the local Goodwill and really confusing herself.

Thrift store does not always mean vintage store.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I got curious about Claremont NH, Zillow.com has listings of what has to be the cheapest real estate I have ever seen, houses in questionable shape selling for $30,000 and some trailer homes selling for less than $20,00 so I call BS on anyone spending $1200/month on rent for any apartment or house. 

After looking at the real estate I can only imagine what the town is like...I do not blame David for not wanting to stick around.   

I think it comes down to different strokes for different folks. Claremont's real estate prices look like ours. There are many smaller, fixer-uppers in my town for less than $40,000. We live on a farm, in a nice brick ranch house with 4 bedrooms, and have a beautiful view of a valley and mountains. Although we have more than 10 acres and a barn, we paid less than $100,000. My mom actually lives in the largest house in the county (that's kind of like saying you're the world's biggest ant-it doesn't mean much here). Her house is more than 5,000 sq. ft. and she has more than 100 acres. She paid around $200,000 for it. I've lived in bigger places, as in actual large cities, and I've done extensive traveling. I prefer it here. I like the quietness, the fact that I know everyone in town, the isolation of my house, and the small town life. I get why David wants to live someplace else, and I get why Evelyn wants to stay there. Neither one are wrong. What's bad is that this wasn't worked out before their engagement. If it is so important for him to live elsewhere and for her to live there then that should have been a dealbreaker between them. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, balisticnikki said:

There's prbly a little ramshackle thrift store in Claremont and she thinks the cool thing to do is "dress vintage." Like her trying to alter that entirely-too-big, hideous green dress that she had pinned back to fit her. I'm guessing her mother, who is about my age, told her to watch Pretty In Pink (a movie the fortysomethings grew up w/) and now Evelyn is haunting the local Goodwill and really confusing herself.

I love shopping at thrift stores (and vintage stores) but I agree that the dress Evelyn had pinned at the back is hideous. I hope she was wearing it for some kind of costume reason and not because she actually thought it looked good. Re: the PRETTY IN PINK dress...I always thought it looked so much better when it was Annie Potts' original prom dress. After she refashioned and "upcycled" it, it went from a cute vintage style to an ill-fitting mess of a dress. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, booboopbedoo said:

WHAT AM I MISSING HERE? I love Björk and I love yodeling and I love singing bad karaoke so I love a wide range of music, but her voice is literally unlistenable to me. It's just so, so bad. I'm not a musician nor particularly musical, so I assume I'm missing something, because absolutely nothing about her vocal stylings appeals to me. 

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, Pachengala said:

WHAT AM I MISSING HERE? I love Björk and I love yodeling and I love singing bad karaoke so I love a wide range of music, but her voice is literally unlistenable to me. It's just so, so bad. I'm not a musician nor particularly musical, so I assume I'm missing something, because absolutely nothing about her vocal stylings appeals to me. 

Jesus have mercy! I really want to try to say something kind, but her vocal stylings are not doing it for me, either.  Her voice did sound a bit like Cher until she started yodeling or caterwauling at that end part, and my ears bled again.  The songwriting showed promise, but people make more melodic sounds when grunting on the shitter than that mess at the end.  I love Tori Amos and Björk and lots of quirky artists and types of music.  I really WANT to like something she does, because I have a lot of respect in general for musicians. I have taken piano lessons and a handful of guitar lessons, and it’s not easy. Maybe she’s better  at songwriting. 

• Love 5
On 11/29/2017 at 6:51 PM, Bryce Lynch said:

http://vermontjournal.com/arts-entertainment/into-the-deep-performs

So the Cormier family band does, or at least did, have a name, "Into the Deep" and they had at least one gig.

“Into The Deep,” a contemporary bluegrass Christian band formed in May 2016 and based out of Sunapee, N.H., is comprised of six members: Evelyn Cormier, the lead singer; her brother Solomon Cormier, on the piano; her father, Micaiah Cormier, on the guitar; Joshua Lucas, bass; Bill Porritt, drums; and Pat Mitchell, on harmonica.

The band selected its name from the Scripture verse Luke 5:4.

“When Jesus told Peter to launch out into the deep to catch fish, (it was) even though they had been fishing all night and caught nothing,” Evelyn said. “It signifies that if the Lord tells you to do something, you will be able to do it whatever it is, because Christ is behind you. You can launch out into the deep or a scary or unknown place; you can trust Him.”

Evelyn, now 17 years old, started her music career young as a violinist, but after some time her violin teacher uncovered her full-bodied voice and urged Evelyn to explore her budding talent. (Damn you, violin teacher!) 

At 14 years old, she officially started to perform publicly as part of the Lake Sunapee Baptist church worship team. In addition to leading songs on the worship team and taking singing lessons, she is currently a college freshman at North Eastern Baptist, majoring in music. There she spends her free time, writing melancholy songs inspired by life events and personal relationships.

On Friday evening, “Into The Deep” performed various Christian covers as well as two of Evelyn’s original songs, “Living by Chance” and “Rescued.”

At the end of the night, the crowd was so enthralled with her voice they did not want the concert to stop, so she encored with “Gotta Be Gone” as a guitar solo.

To catch some of her resonant vocals and keep updated on future performance dates and locations, follow Evelyn on Instagram: @tinkyevey96.

So into the deep works for the band but not for moving from pancakes/ Apples/ one boiled egg/ 1200 apartment mont?

• Love 1
6 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I love shopping at thrift stores (and vintage stores) but I agree that the dress Evelyn had pinned at the back is hideous. I hope she was wearing it for some kind of costume reason and not because she actually thought it looked good. Re: the PRETTY IN PINK dress...I always thought it looked so much better when it was Annie Potts' original prom dress. After she refashioned and "upcycled" it, it went from a cute vintage style to an ill-fitting mess of a dress. 

Agreed on both points. I had a dress like Evilyn’s back in the early 90s. Loved it then but so not my style now. 

I loved that movie (Molly could do no wrong) but the dress was a hodgepodge of pink.

Edited by Bubbles1967
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Gigglepuff said:

Ok, so seriously, I played this and my cat lifted his head from the couch and he looked around all wide-eyed and jumped down. 

And now he's sitting on the floor, still wide-eyed with his ears back and a WTF? look, lol. 

After I stopped laughing at the image of your poor freaked out kitty, I finally played her video & I kid you not, my little dog came running over all freaked out & my parakeet was looking wide eyed & confused.

Later after it ended puppers came over still a bit freaked & I promised her I would not play it again. She's happy now.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

After I stopped laughing at the image of your poor freaked out kitty, I finally played her video & I kid you not, my little dog came running over all freaked out & my parakeet was looking wide eyed & confused.

Later after it ended puppers came over still a bit freaked & I promised her I would not play it again. She's happy now.

LOL- I am going to have to play Evelyn's music for by dog and birds and see how they react.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

Poor things. Warning- it probably qualifies as animal abuse.

Nah, just getting even for the dog barking in the middle of the night and the birds screaching and pooping on me. :)  Two of the birds react quite a bit to things on my phone and will scroll through the photos with their tongues.  This could teach them how to close a YouTube video or maybe how to turn off the volume. :)

• Love 3

I had to get in on the "Playing Warbelyn For My Pet" action.  My dog is now circling and pacing, looking at me, almost asking me "When will it end? Can you come get me when it goes away?"  She put her peanut butter-stuffed Kong down and her ears shot up so fast upon the first note. 

I cackled.  Surprisingly, cackling doesn't bother my dog.  And nothing has ever pulled her attention from a peanut butter-stuffed Kong.  Congrats, Warbelyn, I guess? 

• Love 7
15 hours ago, ALittleShelfish said:

Surprisingly, cackling doesn't bother my dog.  And nothing has ever pulled her attention from a peanut butter-stuffed Kong

I’ve never heard of anything pulling a dog’s attention from a Kong  toy stuffed with anything , except, perhaps another Kong stuffed with goodies. Poor little girl!

• Love 3
On 12/1/2017 at 10:43 AM, gonecrackers said:

Apparently she doesn't cater to the canine, feline, & avian crowds.

Or human crowds!

Sorry @Stripper Glitter; I posted before reading anything else after @gonecrackers set up THE perfect lob to come back with a great line.

Great minds think alike!!

Edited by Bridget
content
  • Love 3
On 12/1/2017 at 6:21 PM, ALittleShelfish said:

I had to get in on the "Playing Warbelyn For My Pet" action.  My dog is now circling and pacing, looking at me, almost asking me "When will it end? Can you come get me when it goes away?"  She put her peanut butter-stuffed Kong down and her ears shot up so fast upon the first note. 

I cackled.  Surprisingly, cackling doesn't bother my dog.  And nothing has ever pulled her attention from a peanut butter-stuffed Kong.  Congrats, Warbelyn, I guess? 

Ok now *I* am going to have to try this with my cats when I get home.  On second thought, my giant kitty is still freaked out from the bed delivery guys this afternoon.  It might be too much for this poor guy in one day.  But tomorrow...

Edited by Natalie68
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

I have to imagine the reddit user was misinformed about the location because the clearly aren' getting married anywhere but the earthly paradise that is Claremont.

Ha ha, nice! The "student" in that story actually wound up getting on Reddit themselves and talking about the ceremony and stuff. Unfortunately, they wouldn't dish about Evelyn but they did say some interesting things about David's dad. 

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Ha ha, nice! The "student" in that story actually wound up getting on Reddit themselves and talking about the ceremony and stuff. Unfortunately, they wouldn't dish about Evelyn but they did say some interesting things about David's dad. 

Thanks I clicked on through, i figured David must be Evangelical because many Evangelicals at least the one's that I have encountered don't view Catholics as Christians so their easy acceptance made me think he wasn't Catholic.

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, BeachyWave said:

Salivating. I am going to find some of these legendary fruits.

Me, too.  I’m gonna be fucking that ? up as I chomp on it like a shark.

5 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Unfortunately, they wouldn't dish about Evelyn but they did say some interesting things about David's dad. 

So, do you have a link to this particular Reddit article/ blog? I could go looking, but I’d fall down a rabbit hole.

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Me, too.  I’m gonna be fucking that ? up as I chomp on it like a shark.

So, do you have a link to this particular Reddit article/ blog? I could go looking, but I’d fall down a rabbit hole.

Click on the red link "Reddit user" within this article:

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/90-day-fiance-evelyn-david-wedding-registry-145868

(cannot figure out how to share the actual link.)

• Love 2