Type keyword(s) to search

Evelyn & David: Who Let Them in Here?

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

He does have the Dave Grohl vibe.  The Foo Fighters were on SNL this past weekend and they sang Everlong. I was thinking how much Father Evelyn looks like him. 

Stop insulting my beloved Dabe Grohl who is much better looking!

• Love 5

Pedro and David both want to develop a close relationship with their new brother in law (River for Pedro, Solomon for David).  However in both cases their new brother in law hates them and wants no relationship with them and can barely stand to be around them.  That is so sad and makes me feel bad for Pedro and David who are already away from all family and friends, and have few people they can be close to while new in the States (especialy David, Pedro has atleast been here a couple years).   

• Love 2
On 12/3/2017 at 7:47 PM, gonecrackers said:

I know Evelyn has had her moments, but the more I watch David, the more I dislike him. He's constantly dissing their small town, even to her family, is nasty to Evelyn's 'best friend', has his arms & elbows all over the table when they take him out to eat, hunches over & shovels food in his face when he eats.  Maybe he thinks he's Mr. Hot Shit European Adventure Dude, but he's acting like a damn ass hole.

He probably feels uncomfortable though since he senses Evelyn's Mom doesnt like him, his Dad sort of likes him but is also jealous she is taking his daughter from him, and Evelyn's brother hates David.  It probably makes him feel sad that his new family does not even like him, and makes him feel depressed, and it is harder to be positive about other things, especialy around them.

• Love 2

I am a senior babyboomer, but even I hated that dress Evelyn wore. I expected her to maybe do a few modern upgrades to it, and make it look less like an old rag with her playing dress up in it.

In addition, I HATE her singing. I do not think I can even call it that, it sounds more like aliens screaming. Do they seriously let her do that in public?

It's sad because my first name is Evelyn also. 

• Love 8

I am a baby boomer as well and thought the gown was just not great. When she was talking about her VISION for the wedding being based on her GOWN which was VINTAGE I really expected VINTAGE.  I mean she is a very attractive woman and carries clothing well, but IMO NOT that gown. I get that it was her mom's and that is lovely but I just didn't think it did anybody anything justice.

And I really like David, and am so impressed with his English (and that of his friends. they were totally fluent- impressed)

• Love 4
2 hours ago, mayvenne said:

And I really like David, and am so impressed with his English (and that of his friends. they were totally fluent- impressed)

They DO speak English very well. I was impressed by that, too.  Two foreign languages are compulsory in the UK, according to my cousins, and I believe two is also the minimum in most EU countries.  The rationale is that European countries are so close together and all speak different languages or dialects thereof.

The US, as usual is behind the curve, but in a renewed age of isolationism and American exceptionalism, even fewer Americans will attempt to learn a second language.  Like Nicole, most Americans think everyone else should speak English for them when they visit another country.  Even though English is the second language choice for most people these days, because it’s the international business language and a leg up for getting a better job, it still makes us look small and arrogant to other countries if we can’t as a minimum say “ please”, “thank you”, apologize, excuse ourselves, ask the time of day, order a tea or coffee.  Just doing a THAT goes a LONG way with the locals.

• Love 8
56 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

They DO speak English very well. I was impressed by that, too.  Two foreign languages are compulsory in the UK, according to my cousins, and I believe two is also the minimum in most EU countries.  The rationale is that European countries are so close together and all speak different languages or dialects thereof.

The US, as usual is behind the curve, but in a renewed age of isolationism and American exceptionalism, even fewer Americans will attempt to learn a second language.  Like Nicole, most Americans think everyone else should speak English for them when they visit another country.  Even though English is the second language choice for most people these days, because it’s the international business language and a leg up for getting a better job, it still makes us look small and arrogant to other countries if we can’t as a minimum say “ please”, “thank you”, apologize, excuse ourselves, ask the time of day, order a tea or coffee.  Just doing a THAT goes a LONG way with the locals.

It's easy, you just speak louder.

• Love 7

Personally I like David. I know he started talking with Evelyn when she was underage, but didn't do anything about it until she was legal age.

I think he has way too much sense for her, and I like when he told the parents that its his and Evelyn's life now, not theirs.

I also liked it when he told her brother who was whining about losing his only sibling if they move, David told him, Yea I know, I had to leave my only sibling to be here. 

He always does it with such politeness and class. 

I do not beleive that he was still a virgin tho. 

• Love 6
57 minutes ago, seniorpatriot said:

He always does it with such politeness and class. 

I will give him that. From all that he’s endured in the Claremontian Vortex, other than what he said to her best friend, he’s done a pretty decent job of that.  I still think he’s a humorless prude with a giant stick up his ass.

• Love 5
On 11/30/2017 at 10:17 PM, Pachengala said:

WHAT AM I MISSING HERE? I love Björk and I love yodeling and I love singing bad karaoke so I love a wide range of music, but her voice is literally unlistenable to me. It's just so, so bad. I'm not a musician nor particularly musical, so I assume I'm missing something, because absolutely nothing about her vocal stylings appeals to me. 

You're not missing anything. I AM musical, at least in my youth and now just do karaoke, and I cannot believe anyone likes her "singing."  First time I heard it I thought it had to be a joke she was playing on innocent David. It is not even that she is off key or anything , (does sound like tho she is singing in between notes, making up her own. )it is just very NON pleasant .

What the hell IS that screeching noise she makes and the way she contorts her mouth when she sings  makes her look like she is in extreme pain while doing it. 

• Love 5
On 12/4/2017 at 3:36 PM, bethster2000 said:

He has Erectile Dysfunction written all over him.

I wrote in a post here that I didn't believe David was a virgin. On re-thinking it--maybe that's why he wanted a very young and inexperienced bride, that way if he was insecure about himself, not knowing what to do, she would never know the difference. HOWEVER, after the wedding night they were both asked how it was and I noticed Evelyn gave a ho hum answer and made a few faces that suggested dissapointment. Anyone else see that?

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, seniorpatriot said:

I wrote in a post here that I didn't believe David was a virgin. On re-thinking it--maybe that's why he wanted a very young and inexperienced bride, that way if he was insecure about himself, not knowing what to do, she would never know the difference. HOWEVER, after the wedding night they were both asked how it was and I noticed Evelyn gave a ho hum answer and made a few faces that suggested dissapointment. Anyone else see that?

Nope, didn't see that at all. She looked like the cat that ate the canary if you ask me. She looked quite pleased with herself now that she's having the sex...

• Love 6
On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 0:01 PM, Arwen Evenstar said:

They're pushing it more here in the US now, but it will take time for it to be fully accepted and executed.

I did a trip to Europe in high school (late 80's).  The tour company pulled no punches, and told us that even though we were going to mostly metro areas where people would speak English, we would better ourselves to learn some of the languages where we were going.  We didn't speak it well, but we found that the locals appreciated that we tried.  And there were a few smaller towns where people spoke English about as good as we spoke their language, and we were able to get along fine.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, seniorpatriot said:

HOWEVER, after the wedding night they were both asked how it was and I noticed Evelyn gave a ho hum answer and made a few faces that suggested dissapointment. Anyone else see that?

She seemed (rightfully) uncomfortable with the very personal question & said it was very 'wedding-night-y'. Having been virgins, even it was just herself, it would be understandable if it wasn't so great. Doesn't mean they won't have a great sex life though, in time.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

She seemed (rightfully) uncomfortable with the very personal question & said it was very 'wedding-night-y'. Having been virgins, even it was just herself, it would be understandable if it wasn't so great. Doesn't mean they won't have a great sex life though, in time.

She seemed a little too pleased with herself to be that uncomfortable, and IIRC, she said it was a nice experience.  I took “wedding-night-y” as a polite way of saying MYOB, or “well, we were both virgins and didn’t know what to expect, but we knew it might be a little awkward since we chose to save ourselves for marriage....we figured it out, and we’re happy we waited”.  What ELSE could she have said? They both still seemed a little shy talking about it. 

• Love 2
On 12/3/2017 at 4:47 PM, gonecrackers said:

I know Evelyn has had her moments, but the more I watch David, the more I dislike him. He's constantly dissing their small town, even to her family, is nasty to Evelyn's 'best friend', has his arms & elbows all over the table when they take him out to eat, hunches over & shovels food in his face when he eats.  Maybe he thinks he's Mr. Hot Shit European Adventure Dude, but he's acting like a damn ass hole.

No, David disses EVERYONE & EVERYTHING.   Claremont.  Claremont apples.  Apartments.  Breakfast.  Evelyn.  Mikayla.  His own friend who asked if Evelyn made all the wedding decisions.  He's probably happiest when he's complaining about something.  I know some people like that.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Kath94 said:

No, David disses EVERYONE & EVERYTHING.   Claremont.  Claremont apples.  Apartments.  Breakfast.  Evelyn.  Mikayla.  His own friend who asked if Evelyn made all the wedding decisions.  He's probably happiest when he's complaining about something.  I know some people like that.

Life in the US is VERY different from life in Europe. It can be better or worse depending on where the person is from.  Europeans are used to the freedom of being able to get up and go just by hopping on a train or subway to get to the airport.  They can’t imagine being stuck in a podunk town and having to drive for hours to get to the nearest airport or train station to try to go anywhere.

• Love 4
On 1/2/2018 at 10:20 PM, Arwen Evenstar said:

Life in the US is VERY different from life in Europe. It can be better or worse depending on where the person is from.  Europeans are used to the freedom of being able to get up and go just by hopping on a train or subway to get to the airport.  They can’t imagine being stuck in a podunk town and having to drive for hours to get to the nearest airport or train station to try to go anywhere.

I think he’s rude. How is that any different from a big US city to a small town? And if it was reversed an American living abroad the American would be bashed for not understanding. I think these two are worlds apart and it isn’t cultural. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Cinter said:
On 1/2/2018 at 9:20 PM, Arwen Evenstar said:

I think he’s rude. How is that any different from a big US city to a small town?

Oh, he’s totally rude. I was making the point that everywhere in Europe has enough infrastructure such that almost every jumping on and hopping off point is a short walking distance away.  You might see that in US cities with population density like NYC, but I can tell you that even a city like Houston (4th largest in US) does not have the transit infrastructure or ridership or speed to get you to either airport or the Amtrak station in any sort of a timely fashion.  Owning a car in the US is more of a necessity than a wish or a choice.

• Love 5
On 1/4/2018 at 4:36 PM, Arwen Evenstar said:

Oh, he’s totally rude. I was making the point that everywhere in Europe has enough infrastructure such that almost every jumping on and hopping off point is a short walking distance away.  You might see that in US cities with population density like NYC, but I can tell you that even a city like Houston (4th largest in US) does not have the transit infrastructure or ridership or speed to get you to either airport or the Amtrak station in any sort of a timely fashion.  Owning a car in the US is more of a necessity than a wish or a choice.

I get that, and I didn’t mean it as anything against you in anyway, thanks for seeing that. US is a big country and very diverse, it irks me when they say well in my country...... so you should understand, while not understand their new country. Kwim? 

• Love 1

Lol! I’m sure some will. I didn’t visit her website or any videos, but did see the one time she sang on 90 day fiance. Yikes. Wasn’t my taste, maybe it’s an acquired taste like people say about food that’s awful. No, you just have to eat it more to get past how awful it is. If you don’t like it, why try it again. And her face, poor thing I thought she was in some kind of pain.

I sing to the radio and my son, bless his heart, thinks mommy has the most beautiful voice in the world. I’m so not ready for prime time, or any other human ears. 

• Love 5
On 1/4/2018 at 0:56 PM, Cinter said:

I think he’s rude. How is that any different from a big US city to a small town? And if it was reversed an American living abroad the American would be bashed for not understanding. I think these two are worlds apart and it isn’t cultural. 

On 1/2/2018 at 10:20 PM, Arwen Evenstar said:

The difference between the US and Europe is that in the US 100 years is a long time, and in Europe 100 miles is a long distance.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Gobi said:

The difference between the US and Europe is that in the US 100 years is a long time, and in Europe 100 miles is a long distance.

Lol. Those people , you should consider my culture , really irk me. My grandparents came from Naples to a podunk US town and never once said, well my city.... 

those two should have talked this out before, he likes big city, she doesn’t. They’re both rude and obnoxious, maybe that’s good so no one else will be stuck with them. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, mayvenne said:
5 hours ago, magemaud said:

oy. will be curious to see how many (if any takers) there are. 

Maybe for an extra $100, she'll wear a Belle costume to your little girl's birthday party! 

This got me to thinking, I wonder what other 90 Day Fiance cast members from this season could pimp themselves out to do, any ideas? 

• Love 3

Actually I kinda feel bad for her. She can’t sing but she’s trapped for the family band. The hippy parents. Let the girl have a life! Her own and not yours. Maybe rude David will end up freeing her. 

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, Cinter said:

Actually I kinda feel bad for her. She can’t sing but she’s trapped for the family band. The hippy parents. Let the girl have a life! Her own and not yours. Maybe rude David will end up freeing her. 

The problem is she is clueless to what her options are in life are, she could take a few community college classes while waiting for her big break in Claremont or read a book...experience a little of life beyond the Claremont apple orchard.  

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Maybe for an extra $100, she'll wear a Belle costume to your little girl's birthday party! 

This got me to thinking, I wonder what other 90 Day Fiance cast members from this season could pimp themselves out to do, any ideas? 

Luis will tend bar at your party.

Pao will do most anything.

Danyeel will give a dramatic reading of her most recent court filings, complete with sobs and cries.

Nicole will attempt a new fry eating record.

Brother Molly will put a 4" lift kit on your pickup.

Annie will entertain all offers.

David Pour will let you throw water on him.

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

The problem is she is clueless to what her options are in life are, she could take a few community college classes while waiting for her big break in Claremont or read a book...experience a little of life beyond the Claremont apple orchard.  

28 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

That’s why I feel bad for her. All she knows is what her parents wanted. She’s been told that’s what she wants too, and maybe it is, but she hasn’t been given the opportunity to know.  But she’s never been allowed options. It’s her life, not her parents. And not David’s.  She’s insufferable, and spoiled, but it’s like like they’re handing her off from their control to another. 

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, Forum member said:

Danyeel will give a dramatic reading of her most recent court filings, complete with sobs and cries.

I would probably pay something for the last one... not spending too much though, don't want to spoil him.

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, Forum member said:

Lol, so true. And all of them think they’re some kind of celerifabolous because they were on tv. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Cinter said:

That’s why I feel bad for her. All she knows is what her parents wanted. She’s been told that’s what she wants too, and maybe it is, but she hasn’t been given the opportunity to know.  But she’s never been allowed options. It’s her life, not her parents. And not David’s.  She’s insufferable, and spoiled, but it’s like like they’re handing her off from their control to another. 

THIS! I’m totally in agreement with you on this. Particularly the bolded  part is why I cringe at EVERY Duggar wedding and pregnancy announcement.  Even though Evelyn was raised in relative hedonism in comparison to the Duggar family, but like them she’s been raised to want certain things without the opportunity to know. I’m sure she’s not against family planning or many of the ideas the Duggars are. And, we won’t see them grifting for love offerings because they can’t feed their kids.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, magemaud said:

I don’t fault Evelyn at all for doing this.

Check out Patty Gurdy on YouTube.  Her instrument costs €5000, plus she has expenses for renting/transporting gear, paying session musicians, studio time, paying sound engineers and other production costs and promotioning her music. 

Since most of her stuff on YouTube are covers, she’s paying royalties. Stormseeker is the German band she belongs to, but I like her music much better.

i had a friend who works as a hairdresser, lives well below her means, and bemoaned the costs of self production.  This predated YouTube, but since we’ve lost touch, she may have already hung up her guitar.

Patty Gurdy uses Patreon as well as teaches at workshops in Germany and the rest of Europe.  Musicians don’t live all that high on the hog unless they are famous.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, magemaud said:

I don't think Evelyn can compete with Patty's level of talent and she doesn't have a "hook" like an unusual instrument to set her apart from millions of wannabee singer/songwriters. 

Oh I'd say she has an unusual instrument...her voice.  

• Love 6