Type keyword(s) to search

Evelyn & David: Who Let Them in Here?

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Can Evelyn remove negative comments on You Tube? I noticed that on the "Lost" video, (which I could only stand for a couple of minutes) she gets almost as many dislikes as likes, but the comments are all how wonderful and talented she is and how she is destined for stardom. 

Yep, the creator can delete comments. Anytime you see really any video with a decent amount of views on YouTube and the comments are overwhelmingly coherent let alone glowingly positive, you can bet that the creator has been deleting spam, trolls, and dissenting voices. Especially when the like/dislike ratio isn't really in their favor. 

• Love 2

I think Evelyn is really attractive like model material/celebrity looking. Very vintage looking- maybe a little like Isabella Rosselini? this just came to me, I was originally thinking Audrey Hepburn-ish but  along those lines anyway.

I think she is so sheltered and pampered and so so not ready to compromise about anything. David seems like he is a lot more aware of things and maybe re-evaluating? he keeps saying how he is moving from his country his family his friends and she just doesn't get it. Like when she told him his people would need to stay at hotels and he said they couldn't afford it...........Evelyn said something to the effect that it's too bad that spending a little bit of money is not worth it to them to be at their wedding. A bit of a Scarlett O'Hara- I will think about that tomorrow.

I think she is fun to watch ( I didn't really enjoy or get her singing) but she is a real pain in the butt and I pity David.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, mayvenne said:

I think she is fun to watch ( I didn't really enjoy or get her singing) but she is a real pain in the butt and I pity David.

I don’t know who I will pity more.  David has a stick up his ass, and comes off as a real buzzkill. He’s a real humorless sourpuss.

David, you're  marrying a child who just turned of legal marriageable age—remember that before you become annoyed with her sheltered, coddled, petulant self.

• Love 6
On 11/24/2017 at 7:40 PM, annewithaneee said:

Evelyn's whole aesthetic gives me Katya from Drag Race, except with not a whiff of self awareness.

katya3.gif

Girl is trying very hard for a look, but she doesn't have...taste? Like, at all?

Like Karen Carpenter - Evelyn’s no Katya....

Edited to add - I’d love to see Evelyn get read by Bianca...

Edited by Jennifersdc
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, Gigglepuff said:

Not that this will surprise many of us. 

https://imgur.com/gallery/ZkULc     

This doesn’t surprise me.  Gluttony isn’t limited to food, Micaiah.  How about corporate greed, predatory lending, price gouging,  and slumlords? Not everyone is fat because they lack discipline, eat too much, or don’t exercise. Many people have health issues that limit their mobility or they have a hormonal imbalance.

Evelyn doesn’t stand a chance if she’s aware this much judgment is coming down on those not like her. She’s only 18 and has not yet been able to/allowed to develop the critical thinking skills needed to sort out what it is SHE yet thinks and believes. If her dad is that into fat shaming, no wonder she can’t wait to get married so she can enjoy her food in peace. 

• Love 4
On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 5:44 PM, magemaud said:

Can Evelyn remove negative comments on You Tube? I noticed that on the "Lost" video, (which I could only stand for a couple of minutes) she gets almost as many dislikes as likes, but the comments are all how wonderful and talented she is and how she is destined for stardom. 

You can also set up comments to be moderated - they don't appear until the person who posted the video approves of them.  A friend did that when someone stole a video he posted years ago and put it in their video, uncredited to my friend.  The person who did that is somewhat of a name in YouTube circles, and he started getting hateful comments about him stealing from this other person.  He finally turned the comments to "moderate" and he replies to them that if they'd check the dates, they'd see who posted it first.  He also threatened this person with a takedown notice, and they've since credited him.

15 hours ago, Gigglepuff said:

Not that this will surprise many of us. 

https://imgur.com/gallery/ZkULc     

Can someone put this in to context for me?  Thanks.

• Love 1

Evelyn is spoiled and immature, and appears to have been the person her whole family revolves around for quite some time. I want to hear from her ex-boyfriends who her friend Mykayla said didn't work out. I have no sympathy for David though. He's old enough to have asked some questions about the living arrangements and geography before he agreed to come to the US. There are enough girls he could date in Spain that this whole situation seems odd and makes me want to know what David's fatal flaw is.

• Love 1
On 11/25/2017 at 5:10 PM, mayvenne said:

I think Evelyn is really attractive like model material/celebrity looking. Very vintage looking- maybe a little like Isabella Rosselini? this just came to me, I was originally thinking Audrey Hepburn-ish but  along those lines anyway.

I think she is so sheltered and pampered and so so not ready to compromise about anything. David seems like he is a lot more aware of things and maybe re-evaluating? he keeps saying how he is moving from his country his family his friends and she just doesn't get it. Like when she told him his people would need to stay at hotels and he said they couldn't afford it...........Evelyn said something to the effect that it's too bad that spending a little bit of money is not worth it to them to be at their wedding. A bit of a Scarlett O'Hara- I will think about that tomorrow.

I agree about Evelyn's looks and believe, with her lithesome appearance, she could probably model and make a decent living.  Of course, she may not wish to do that and her location in N.H. doesn't lend itself to that career.  David, on the other hand, seems like a good-looking, intelligent, sophisticated gent with a well-developed character.  He really has everything to offer a woman of his caliber.  Evelyn is definitely NOT of his caliber in any respect.   My guess is he'll stick it out with her until he gets his green card and then adios.  My only concern is whether any children are involved by that time.

• Love 1

I thought this TH with Evelyn last night was very telling: "We're just moving so quickly towards this wedding date...I mean in a few weeks...and if David doesn't get what he wants, is he just going to pout about it forever? That's not something I'd be looking forward to..." (bats eyelashes and grins smugly) 

• Love 3

Evelyn needs to learn that marriage involves two people. It just seems to be all Evelyn, all the time. All about her and her needs and wants.

I hope that she and David Spain talk about children and family. Perhaps she is hoping for a honeymoon baby. Which will keep her at home for X amount of time.  No band, no career, no income coming from her to help support her new household.

• Love 2

Next week’s previews are about the two of them discussing “intimacy”.  David clutched his pearls and left the room and then Evelyn is crying about something that David said.  Making two virgins talk about sex doesn’t look like it’s going to end particularly well without one or both of them being too embarrassed to say much on camera about it.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Next week’s previews are about the two of them discussing “intimacy”.  David clutched his pearls and left the room and then Evelyn is crying about something that David said.  Making two virgins talk about sex doesn’t look like it’s going to end particularly well without one or both of them being too embarrassed to say much on camera about it.

Lie back and think of Claremont, Evil-lyn. 

• Love 10
20 minutes ago, Gigglepuff said:

Lie back and think of England was pretty much the extent of marital advice my poor grandmother got.

Evelyn will probably find the wedding night something of a letdown. It won’t be the hours of passion lying on a pink fluffy cloud that she’s envisioned.  It will be over with in under 30 seconds if they don’t try and try again.  And it’s going to make her Lady bits hurt until it finally doesn’t hurt any more. It will be messy, sweaty, and sticky and icky.  And the wet spot eventually gets cold.  But, it will get fun soon enough.

• Love 5
On 11/26/2017 at 3:29 PM, Jennifersdc said:

Like Karen Carpenter - Evelyn’s no Katya....

Edited to add - I’d love to see Evelyn get read by Bianca...

Evelyn read by Bianca......now that would be a treat.

• Love 1

Does anyone else find it odd that Evelyns family is suggesting David is an elitist when they live in a place that's 98% white?

I understand her family not wanting to see her move, we all like our kids to stay close. But don't call David names because he doesn't want to be the only non white in town. The entire problem is she's too immature too be marrying, particularly to someone from a culture she has zero understanding of. This girl to go away to college or move away from family and make her way for 2 years so that she'll grow up a bit. If she is to marry at her current maturity level it should be to a boy from town who is as sheltered as she is. They could live with his family and then hers rotating at 6 month intervals for the rest of their lives and raise a brood of kids who are afraid of anything different.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:
9 hours ago, Gigglepuff said:

Lie back and think of England was pretty much the extent of marital advice my poor grandmother got.

Evelyn will probably find the wedding night something of a letdown. It won’t be the hours of passion lying on a pink fluffy cloud that she’s envisioned.  It will be over with in under 30 seconds if they don’t try and try again.  And it’s going to make her Lady bits hurt until it finally doesn’t hurt any more. It will be messy, sweaty, and sticky and icky.  And the wet spot eventually gets cold.  But, it will get fun soon enough.

Hope David Spain remember the earplugs. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, lenny said:

Does anyone else find it odd that Evelyn's family is suggesting David is an elitist when they live in a place that's 98% white?

No. That makes no sense unless you think all white people are inherently "elite." What the actual fuck. 

David is an elitist because he literally goes around saying how everything about where he's from is better than everything about where his fiancée is from. 

What David wants isn't even diversity. He wants to be around more people like himself. I can just imagine how it would go over if Evelyn went to Spain and complained about the lack of fair-skinned English speakers. 

• Love 13
On 11/26/2017 at 4:40 PM, Arwen Evenstar said:

Not everyone is fat because they lack discipline, eat too much, or don’t exercise. Many people have health issues that limit their mobility or they have a hormonal imbalance.

Or they have to take antidepressants and/or mood stabilizers, both of which are notorious weight-gainers.  Maybe I should just Pray The Crazy Away.

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, bethster2000 said:

Or they have to take antidepressants and/or mood stabilizers, both of which are notorious weight-gainers.  Maybe I should just Pray The Crazy Away.

Yes, those are big weight gainers as well.  Depression and other mood disorders can be very cruel to people, even with treatment. It makes the difference between being able to function vs not.  I’m living proof that prayers definitely help, but modern medicine cannot be discounted.

• Love 3
On 11/27/2017 at 11:31 PM, Arwen Evenstar said:

I'm not a virgin, old crone in her fifties, with three kids, but I would never speak about sex on camera.  Some things should be sacred in a marriage.  Even if it hurts ratings.

• Love 10

Claremont hard an incident where two white teens attempted to hang a nine year old black boy. The authorities didn't act until the story went viral and there was outrage. 

I wouldn't want to live there either particularly if I wasn't white. 

• Love 6
13 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

No. That makes no sense unless you think all white people are inherently "elite." What the actual fuck.

Thank you.  My in-laws live in a place that must be 99.99% white....but is also very rural, very poor and very meth'ed.  Not elite at all.  

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Real Eyes said:

I'm not a virgin, old crone in her fifties, with three kids, but I would never speak about sex on camera.  Some things should be sacred in a marriage.  Even if it hurts ratings.

EXACTLY! Keep a bit of mystery about it!  Obviously, waiting until marriage is important to them, and some people still choose to, and there’s nothing wrong with that. They’ve told us everything we probably want to know already. Evelyn spilled the tea about them both being virgins. The next preview shows a lot of pearl clutching on David’s part.  

The Duggar girls joked that in their community the bride is all about the wedding, but the groom is more excited about “what happens after the wedding”.  We all know “what happens after the wedding”, so I don’t know why TLC has to think making  these two shy kids (at least in that area) talk about it. Some things are just too sacred for public consumption.  As much as their smugness and arrogance gets to me, I really don’t like to see people embarrassed on camera.  Most of them do a good enough job of embarrassing themselves.

I wonder if Mother Evelyn will tell her daughter what Michelle Duggar told one of her nervous daughters, “Don’t worry, it really doesn’t take long”.  Perhaps Father Evelyn might give David the LEGO demonstration, a la Jim Bob Duggar.  I sincerely hope not, since seeing it once meant it couldn’t ever be unseen.  I was like, what the actual fuck? 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Real Eyes said:

I agree and would not want to discuss my sex life on camera.  However, I just hope they are having a conversation about sex or, at the bare minimum, are open to having one in private between the two of them.  I just worry that a conversation about sex may always be off the table for David regardless of whether its on camera or not.  

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Hers some fun memes with fun facts:

1E651F09-E0C4-45B7-9A88-2E58F0A24858.jpeg

Aw, Britt! RIP Tai...

2 hours ago, Granny58 said:

Thank you.  My in-laws live in a place that must be 99.99% white....but is also very rural, very poor and very meth'ed.  Not elite at all.  

They must live down the road from me... :-) 

• Love 3
On 11/25/2017 at 11:39 AM, annewithaneee said:

Ding ding ding!

Their storyline, to me, feels less edited or nudged into an arc by production and comes across as more self-produced. While I'm sure their relationship, as icky and grating as it is, is genuine -- I think Evelyn and family reached out to TLC casting with some band promo as the ultimate goal.

I can't remember where she wrote it, but early on when she made the announcement she was going to be on this show, she said it was a show about their love story and a look into her music career.  Has this bitch ever seen a reality show?  Especially a TLC reality show?  She must have thought she was going to be the star and come out America's Sweetheart.  No wonder she's been feeling so down about how she's portrayed.  She has probably been in denial about her smug self all this time.  

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, Peper81 said:

I just worry that a conversation about sex may always be off the table for David regardless of whether its on camera or not.  

In the first episode, he was teasing her about how he couldn’t wait for their wedding night. She was blushing.  Now, he’s clutching his pearls?  This is something they should be discussing at their premarital counseling sessions, which are private.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

He's probably uptight because he's going to admit he's not really a virgin.

Yes! I really think it's going to turn out that he's a "secondary virgin" as defined here: "A born-again virgin (also known as a secondary virgin or renewed virgin) is a person who, after having engaged in copulation, makes some type of commitment not to be sexually active again until marriage (or some other defined point in the future or indefinitely), whether for religious, moral, practical, or other reasons and is subsequently considered by some a virgin."

• Love 7

http://vermontjournal.com/arts-entertainment/into-the-deep-performs

So the Cormier family band does, or at least did, have a name, "Into the Deep" and they had at least one gig.

“Into The Deep,” a contemporary bluegrass Christian band formed in May 2016 and based out of Sunapee, N.H., is comprised of six members: Evelyn Cormier, the lead singer; her brother Solomon Cormier, on the piano; her father, Micaiah Cormier, on the guitar; Joshua Lucas, bass; Bill Porritt, drums; and Pat Mitchell, on harmonica.

The band selected its name from the Scripture verse Luke 5:4.

“When Jesus told Peter to launch out into the deep to catch fish, (it was) even though they had been fishing all night and caught nothing,” Evelyn said. “It signifies that if the Lord tells you to do something, you will be able to do it whatever it is, because Christ is behind you. You can launch out into the deep or a scary or unknown place; you can trust Him.”

Evelyn, now 17 years old, started her music career young as a violinist, but after some time her violin teacher uncovered her full-bodied voice and urged Evelyn to explore her budding talent. (Damn you, violin teacher!) 

At 14 years old, she officially started to perform publicly as part of the Lake Sunapee Baptist church worship team. In addition to leading songs on the worship team and taking singing lessons, she is currently a college freshman at North Eastern Baptist, majoring in music. There she spends her free time, writing melancholy songs inspired by life events and personal relationships.

On Friday evening, “Into The Deep” performed various Christian covers as well as two of Evelyn’s original songs, “Living by Chance” and “Rescued.”

At the end of the night, the crowd was so enthralled with her voice they did not want the concert to stop, so she encored with “Gotta Be Gone” as a guitar solo.

To catch some of her resonant vocals and keep updated on future performance dates and locations, follow Evelyn on Instagram: @tinkyevey96.

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Love 4

Barf.

3 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

At 14 years old, she officially started to perform publicly as part of the Lake Sunapee Baptist church worship team. In addition to leading songs on the worship team and taking singing lessons, she is currently a college freshman at North Eastern Baptist, majoring in music. There she spends her free time, writing melancholy songs inspired by life events and personal relationships.

How many melancholy life events can she have had?

BTW, the church is not very big, but according to their website, they're getting ready (if they haven't already) to open a satellite location in Evelyn's town.  So she won't have to travel so far to be a worship leader.  Maybe they'll open a satellite in Virginia as well.

• Love 10
15 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Evelyn said. “It signifies that if the Lord tells you to do something, you will be able to do it whatever it is, because Christ is behind you. You can launch out into the deep or a scary or unknown place; you can trust Him.”

Apparently, Jesus is her agent and directing her music career! But I'm glad to see she's taking college courses in music instead of relying solely on divine intervention. And yes, how many "life events and personal relationships" could a sheltered 18 year old from a small town in NH have experienced? "They Closed the Dairy Queen?" 

Edited by magemaud
edited to add a possible song title, any others?
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Barf.

How many melancholy life events can she have had?

BTW, the church is not very big, but according to their website, they're getting ready (if they haven't already) to open a satellite location in Evelyn's town.  So she won't have to travel so far to be a worship leader.  Maybe they'll open a satellite in Virginia as well.

I am 46 and have had many melancholy, devastating life events.  I have even had to live in my car. I have lost everything yet rebounded  

When I was 18, my worst life events consisted of arguing with my mom over curfew and my high school boyfriend breaking up with me. 

This is why I can’t stand Evelyn.  

• Love 8

Elitist:  a person having, thought to have, or professing, superior intellect or talent, power, wealth, or membership in the upper echelons of society.

NOT DAVID.  Apparently there are no dictionaries in Claremont.  

David is many negative things, but an elitist isn't one of them.  And he never says that where he's from is better than Claremont, he says everywhere is better than Claremont.  :)

• Love 6

Thinking back over my original comment, I should have been kinder.  To be fair - I'd had devastating events by the time I was 18 (12 years of in-home sexual abuse) . . . so I know there can be trauma by that age.

But what we see is an "I'm the center of the world / I AM the band / our apples are best because nothing anywhere is better than Claremont" mentality which is apparently totally supported by her family and community.  The published bio said, "There (college) she spends her free time, writing melancholy songs inspired by life events and personal relationships."  Had the word "melancholy" been left out, I wouldn't have snarked.  If everything in Claremont is so perfect, what is there to be melancholy about - unless one likes to manufacture drama?

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Thinking back over my original comment, I should have been kinder.  To be fair - I'd had devastating events by the time I was 18 (12 years of in-home sexual abuse) . . . so I know there can be trauma by that age.

But what we see is an "I'm the center of the world / I AM the band / our apples are best because nothing anywhere is better than Claremont" mentality which is apparently totally supported by her family and community.  The published bio said, "There (college) she spends her free time, writing melancholy songs inspired by life events and personal relationships."  Had the word "melancholy" been left out, I wouldn't have snarked.  If everything in Claremont is so perfect, what is there to be melancholy about - unless one likes to manufacture drama?

In fairness to Evelyn:

a) I think her father said she is the band, I don't think she said it herself.  

b) I don't think she claimed Claremont or its apples are better than anywhere else.  I think she is mainly defending her hometown against David's attitude that it totally sucks.

c) I think songwriters often work with whatever life event and personal relationships they have to write melancholy songs.  I don't think every song writer who ever wrote a sad song had a horrible, tragic life.  It is kind of odd that she focuses on melancholy songs though.  Why not mix in some happy, peppy ones, like about the awesome apples in Claremont? :)

• Love 5
Just now, Bryce Lynch said:

In fairness to Evelyn:

a) I think her father said she is the band, I don't think she said it herself.  

b) I don't think she claimed Claremont or its apples are better than anywhere else.  I think she is mainly defending her hometown against David's attitude that it totally sucks.

c) I think songwriters often work with whatever life event and personal relationships they have to write melancholy songs.  I don't think every song writer who ever wrote a sad song had a horrible, tragic life.  It is kind of odd that she focuses on melancholy songs though.  Why not mix in some happy, peppy ones, like about the awesome apples in Claremont? :)

You are correct on every point.  I was using hyperbole to make a point.  My main point is, I find her to be an insufferable little twit.  

• Love 12

It always fascinates me when people like her dad say things like 'ha ha ha fun fact- this is entertainment' in response to criticism, because I'm amazed at how naive they were to think they weren't going to be spun a certain way & get a reaction from the general audience. Many realize these shows are highly edited, but there are others who will take it at face value.

Even so, they AGREE to participate & give up control. THEY do say the things they say & do the things they do, & some editing can be done to spin it but otherwise no one is sticking her nose in the air but Evelyn; no one insulted her 'best friend' but both Evelyn & David; no one is constantly dissing Claremont but David; & no one called her THE BAND, but her father - to which everyone watching is entitled their opinion regarding these actions/statements.

So, if they don't like it, too bad, because it's too late. They should've stayed the hell off TV & promoted THE BAND some other way.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

You are correct on every point.  I was using hyperbole to make a point.  My main point is, I find her to be an insufferable little twit.  

This is a snark and opinion site, so I assume that hyperbole is used sometimes--I use it myself on occasion.

As annoying as Evelyn is, David is being a total wet blanket, imo. He is a grown man marrying an American teenager from a small town. What did he expect to find in NH? Did he research it? How about going out and appreciating some of the natural beauty and history of the area? FWIW, I would say the same to Evelyn if she were in Spain with David.

In (small) defense of David, though, I realize it is difficult to bite your tongue when someone goes on about how great things are in their country (or when people brag about their "perfect" children or relationships) and your opinion differs. It's tempting to throw a little shade or jab their way?.

• Love 6
On 11/22/2017 at 10:27 AM, balisticnikki said:

Not hating on Evelyn. She's adorable but could really be a knock out (not just physically) w/ a few small tweaks.

What I can't understand is her hideous sense of style. She has some cute pieces but wtf is she styling them that way. I get that she likes retro/vintage but she actually looks like a dumpster diver, and not in a good way. And she's channeling Karen Carpenter frfr...which is concerning.

Look at the shoes.

evelyn.jpg

Why would she do her beautiful curly hair this way??

evelyn2.jpg

No words...

evelyn3.jpg

Shoes again. smh

evelyn4.jpg

She is swimming in this hideous little dress.

evelyn5.jpg

This is the late Karen Carpenter.

evelyn looks like karen c.jpg

I kinda feel like I am looking at the cover pics for a Simplicity pattern circa 1973.  What I find worse than her singing?  Her actual personality and condescending way of speaking to others.

• Love 7