Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

I'm not even going to bother watching today's or tomorrows. Just reading the early tweets and I'm ill. Bo and Hopes daughter getting raped on the Horton couch is a new low.

This is so completely out of left field that I can't even talk about it.  

• Love 4

Oh my god, is this happening *now*? I thought this hadn't been confirmed yet, which meant that it might not be happening.

Yesterday, I stumbled on some 2007/2008 recordings and randomly ended up on the scene where Steffy confesses to Max that Ford raped her, while Chelsea confesses to Nick that they accidentally killed Ford. I *hate* that they did that storyline, but I will say, the actors were strong enough to carry it. I'm not entirely sure this batch is ready for something this dark.

I don't know if I can watch this happen. My tolerance for rape is at an all-time low.

• Love 3

Someone on Twitter said it perfectly about soap fans. There are definitely two kinds of soap fans. I couldn't agree.

dcdh6t.png

If anyone watches YR - Chucky Pratt did a rape story with Avery it was horrible. The rape scene for Days wasn't as terrible as Celeb Dirty wrote it but still made me ick. I won't jump all over this obvious plot device just yet. Because when it comes out Chase raped Ciara and he got advice from Andre, the town will be mad at Chase but even more livid with Andre schooling him to tap into the dark side.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 2

Heh a friend and I were just discussing a little while ago this rumored rape story and she said "maybe it will end up being interesting, remember on OLTL when Todd raped Marty, that made for a fascinating story". My response was "yeah but the huge difference is lets not even compare the actors playing Chase and Ciara to freaking Roger Howarth and Susan Haskell". No matter how well a story is written, if the actors dont have the chops to pull it off it could be a total bust.

Seriously, is there a remote possibility that this story will be well written?

There are just so many problems with this besides the fact that I have no faith that these writers could write with the care and nuance a teen rape story calls for. Of the last two rape most memorable stories Ejami turned into a true love forever match that has caused arguments on whether it was or wasn't rape and the other (Eric/Kristen) was treated as a damn joke with 0 repercussions. 

Rape is just an overused storyline trope on Days now. Days treats rape, especially women characters who go through this, like it is a right of passage or a character builder. Rape is not a quinceanera or bat mitzvah. Damn near every woman on canvas has at one point been rape and it makes me sick that as soon as Ciara was aged she is joining that club. 

It still strikes me as a special kind of fracked up that the only character who suffered the consequences of rape was one that was falsely accused of it - Xander. 

• Love 12

Rape is just an overused storyline trope on Days now. Days treats rape, especially women characters who go through this, like it is a right of passage or a character builder. Rape is not a quinceanera or bat mitzvah. Damn near every woman on canvas has at one point been rape and it makes me sick that as soon as Ciara was aged she is joining that club.

The men who been raped on Days has always been viewed as a joke Days.

Bo was raped by Billie.

Austin was raped by Sami.

Eric was raped by Kristen.

And Steve has been raped twice.

When Jack raped Kayla he was put through the ringer until Jennifer humanized him. Now he never forgot it and no rapist should ever forget doing it. But fans forgave him. It probably was the stories Days and soaps did.

• Love 5

When Jack raped Kayla he was put through the ringer until Jennifer humanized him. Now he never forgot it and no rapist should ever forget doing it. But fans forgave him. It probably was the stories Days and soaps did.

That was the way a rape storyline needed to be handled.  Jack and Kayla never forgot what happened even years later.  

I don't mind the idea of a teenage rape storyline because it happens so often in the real world.  I just don't think the writers can handle making this a decent story.  

• Love 4

I think what keeps giving me this repulsive feeling is that it wasnt that long ago that we saw Chase and Ciara as innocent children. Maybe if a lot of time passed it would be a LITTLE easier to stomach but  just reading about how the scene at the end went down today I kept imaging Lauren Boles as Ciara and I get this sickening feeling. Not to mention this all happening in the Horton house. Ugh nauseating. .

• Love 5

I dislike Kate Mansi's version of Abigail but I hate the idea of another legacy character being killed off even more. Can we just have her discover that Thomas is Ben's kid after all and leave town with him to find herself again? That way we can keep on Billy Flynn as Chad and the door's open for Abigail to return some day with a new face and hopefully a better personality.

• Love 5

Yes! Things are looking up for Kayla lovers: http://www.nbc.com/days-of-our-lives

I'm feeling you BlackMamba. Look at my post, you will see why I just had a Hannibal from the A-Team moment and said, "I love it when a plan comes together."

• Love 1

SheKnowsDOOL Spoilers for the week of Feb 29

Monday February 29 to March 4:

Hope fears she may have killed Stefano for a crime he did not commit.

Tuesday March 1:

Chad has a vision of Stefano and opens up his heart to his dad.

Wednesday March 2:

Everyone reminisces about how they were impacted by Stefano’s machinations throughout the years – and how they all survived.

Thursday March 3:

Chad reels over the news that Ben has escaped from the psychiatric hospital.

Friday March 4:

Victor admits to Caroline the truth about his past with Deimos.

CHAD HAS A PHYSIC VISION... HIGLEY... SWEET MOTHER... STOP IT

BEN IS OUT THE NUTHOUSE

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 4

I like the sound of those spoilers.  I'm still not thrilled about Hope killing Stefano and hate the whole cover-up, but I'm looking forward to seeing the flashbacks.  Hopefully the majority of that episode will be Stefano-themed, and not just a few scenes.

Not sure if this is a popular or unpopular opinion, but I'm also looking forward to seeing Ben again.  I've missed him!

• Love 3

Not sure if this is a popular or unpopular opinion, but I'm also looking forward to seeing Ben again.  I've missed him!

Count me in on this one.  I've missed Ben too.  I'm still upset that RSW wasn't pre-nominated for an Emmy.  

• Love 3
ETA: do we know who the next death is?

Nothing confirmed, but I've seen both these speculated:

Ava.  By either Kayla, Steve or Joey.  Or possibly suicide, to frame one of the previously mentioned.

Chase by Theo

Nothing confirmed, but I've seen both these speculated:

Ava.  By either Kayla, Steve or Joey.  Or possibly suicide, to frame one of the previously mentioned.

Chase by Theo

Okay, I guess I'd go with Ava...that would be just like her to frame Kayla.

My only trepidation about Ava dying is that we're sure to be gifted with flashbacks galore. Plus, it's going to wind up biting Kayla in the ass and she will never be able to get her pound of flesh from that piece of tripe.

Kayla deserves to beat Ava down in any number of ways... for Ava to recognize how pathetic she is trying to usurp her in Steve's life and that she's little more than a gnat to Kayla who has been through more shit and overcome it than Ava can even dream. THEN she can die.

My biggest fear is that she'll die with that insufferable smug look on her face... like she's won.

Higley and her villains. Fuck her.

• Love 5

Jonathon McClendon on what to expect of Chase's future, in an interview with Soap Opera Spy:

Well there’s not much else that can happen.

Yeah, I don't think a redemption is on the cards for Chase.

• Love 1

My only trepidation about Ava dying is that we're sure to be gifted with flashbacks galore. Plus, it's going to wind up biting Kayla in the ass and she will never be able to get her pound of flesh from that piece of tripe.

Kayla deserves to beat Ava down in any number of ways... for Ava to recognize how pathetic she is trying to usurp her in Steve's life and that she's little more than a gnat to Kayla who has been through more shit and overcome it than Ava can even dream. THEN she can die.

My biggest fear is that she'll die with that insufferable smug look on her face... like she's won.

Higley and her villains. Fuck her.

My fear with Higley coming back is this "death" assuming it is Ava, will turn out to be a set up to frame Kayla and Va will not only be brought back, but she'll be back pregnant with Steve'schild because Higley hates Kayla and thinks Ava is awesome.

• Love 3

Yeah... I don't have a lot of respect for writers who cannot respect a long lived supercouple. Steve and Kayla in particular are extremely rare in that there really is no one else for either. Other super couples have found success with other pairings but there are precious few that work together amazingly well over a long period of time. That's rare and should be treated accordingly.

Not destroyed.

• Love 6