Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

Griffith & Milstein must really, really have it in for this character. He's already a cyberbully and a rapist, what else can they throw his way? Murder?

This is all JG. He did the cyberbully shit on YR too. This rape story was figured out before Beth took over temporarily for DH. VJ even said last month this is a JG storyline from her interview with SOD. JG is known for his controversial rape stories in daytime. Eden on SB, Marty's gangrape on OLTL, and I think he got Sharon raped on YR for the second time when he was there. I don't know if he or his ex friend BoB Guza got Michael prison raped on GH.

And hmmmmm, if Diemos reveals his machinations to Kate, will she warn Maggie and Victor? She should have some loyalty to them over D, even if just for old times' sake. Poor Kate is always walking a fine moral line.

Lol poor Kate nothing. This is typical Kate. She likes the bad ones and being in the mix. The thing is when she finds out about the drug and Phillip, she will see dollar signs and be willing to drive the wedge between him and Victor.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 4

Yeah, I don't know what happened to Beemer.  He's nice to look at but his acting was pretty bad the last time he was on the show.  Maybe a good acting coach taught him a thing or two?  If only they'd send Eric Martsolf to an acting coach.  I'd take any kind of improvement I can get.  

I've enjoyed Martha Madison this time around, although I'd rather see her interacting primarily with Claire and Marlena than that Phillip recast.  

• Love 5

The writers will probably ignore the fact that Abifail Lite is a nasty piece of work and give her a quick reunion with Shawn.

I could be tooting my own horn too soon but MAYBE Ryan Quan and Dena Higley can probably end up being a good pair.

This show needs to get back to basics! Romance/passion, dramedy, cliffhanger moments, joyous events with family and friends, good storytelling and while keeping everyone in character. It's been grimm on Days for several months, none of these characters smile anymore, there are no current rootable romances outside of Kate/Deimos for me, and the storylines are still struggling.

Since Ryan Quan went to the school of James Reilly then hopefully he will have good storytelling up his sleeves. Not people falling over the bed, but actual good storylines.

So that just leaves Theresa as the only female in the younger age group? Weird.

And if Belle's going, why not axe Phillip too? Drop an axe on JPL!

Well the show might do Dario/Theresa/Nicole/Brady after all.

JPL, yeah, Phillip could go but Chloe comes back full time later in the spring.

Edited by BlackMamba

I don't care about Marie Wilson at all but am sad that BB, MM and SS are out.  I think those three have a place on the show and was hoping to see more of  Abe-Theo-Lani, Hope-Shawn Douglas-Ciara and Marlena-John-Belle-Claire as families.  Now none of that can happen.  I'm really worried about what this means for Dee Hall.

ETA:  I guess the bright side is that JPL will be the next to go since his character revolves completely around Belle.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 4

And the ax falls!  Brandon Beemer, Martha Madison, Sal Stowers and Marie Wilson all get a pink slip.

http://daytimeconfidential.com/2016/03/21/days-of-our-lives-bloodbath-brandon-beemer-martha-madison-sal-stowers-marie-wilson-out 

So the only black female is out. Soaps can talk all they want about diversity, but their disdain for black characters is clear. Days is perhaps the worst offender. Not thrilled with Belle or Shawn yet, but this sucks for them and their fans.

Fear not Days viewers, the Higlemonster will turn this into the Rafe show, and mark my words, her other pet, TB will be back as Ava before you know it.

• Love 8

So the only black female is out. Soaps can talk all they want about diversity, but their disdain for black characters is clear. Days is perhaps the worst offender. Not thrilled with Belle or Shawn yet, but this sucks for them and their fans.

I respectfully disagree on Days being a great offender. Lexi was on for 2 decades and one of the most beloved characters on Days. I'm black but sorry this Lani character was terrible IMO. If Higley and Griffith brought her on with a chip on her shoulder and actually made her interesting as someone like Sasha on B&B I could had bought in. I knew when Lani turned into a cop and quickly in a detective the character was going to go down the vortex of suck. Plus diversity doesn't always have to mean black. Days has minority characters now with Paul being Asian and gay. It's al about the character development and if the fans will like them. I couldn't find one person who wasn't a huge fan of Lani.

• Love 3

I wonder what it means for Claire. Will she exit with her parents or go to live with one of her grandmas?

Maybe the kiddies are about to go to college like they did with Chelsea/Stephanie some years ago. Have Ciara and Claire live together and explorer their independents away from their parents.

• Love 1

I couldn't find one person who wasn't a huge fan of Lani.

I liked her.  Not a huge fan but I liked that too.  For me, it was refreshing to have a new character get introduced and instead of being thrown headlong into frontburner storylines we got to see her develop slowly, the way it used to be done.  Think Summer for what I mean.  And she gave Show one more reason to use Abe, not that it seemed to help any.

Of course, I also liked Sal on the short-lived online AMC reboot.

I'll miss her character.

• Love 6

I liked her. Not a huge fan but I liked that too. For me, it was refreshing to have a new character get introduced and instead of being thrown headlong into frontburner storylines we got to see her develop slowly, the way it used to be done. Think Summer for what I mean. And she gave Show one more reason to use Abe, not that it seemed to help any.

Of course, I also liked Sal on the short-lived online AMC reboot.

I'll miss her character.

Ok I few people.

• Love 1

I respectfully disagree on Days being a great offender. Lexi was on for 2 decades and one of the most beloved characters on Days. I'm black but sorry this Lani character was terrible IMO. If Higley and Griffith brought her on with a chip on her shoulder and actually made her interesting as someone like Sasha on B&B I could had bought in. I knew when Lani turned into a cop and quickly in a detective the character was going to go down the vortex of suck. Plus diversity doesn't always have to mean black. Days has minority characters now with Paul being Asian and gay. It's al about the character development and if the fans will like them. I couldn't find one person who wasn't a huge fan of Lani.

And Lexie was the sole black female character when her mother Celeste was not on. I am not saying that Lani was great, but there is no way the showrunners are oblivious to what getting rid of Lani means. I have little doubt that Lani will not be replaced. I personally can't stand the bland void that is Paul. in terms of diversity, the double-speak for no black characters doesn't work for me. Abe is the ultimate token character, who noticeably never has a story. Theo is too new to judge, but Asa black woman so has watched Days since I was a black child, I know their history when it comes to black women. The fact that since the 80s, the only name that can be stated is Lexie, speaks volumes.

• Love 5

I personally can't stand the bland void that is Paul. in terms of diversity, the double-speak for no black characters doesn't work for me. Abe is the ultimate token character, who noticeably never has a story. Theo is too new to judge.

At the end of the day, JR had storylines just they far and inbetween. Since Lexie has died there is nothing they can do with him. It's unfortunate. But in a dying business these actors of any color won't be bitching and complaining much they are just happy to still be employed.

Nevertheless, I'm just not going to be all about the black-white-other minorities issue of daytime. I begged daytime for years to have The Winters on YR and actually be a strong black family and YR has ripped it apart at the seems even Kristoff and the girl who plays Marisha there have announced they will be downgraded. Now if I want diversity of any kind now, I just look to primetime now. I no longer beg daytime for it, just give me some good in character storylines.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 1

Fear not Days viewers, the Higlemonster will turn this into the Rafe show, and mark my words, her other pet, TB will be back as Ava before you know it.

Happytobehere, please don't speak that into existence...If she does that, then I am out for good this time..I will not be a party to seeing Higley rip apart  Steve and Kayla for her ego..She is determined to make Ava Vitali a viable character. She will never be that..What does Higley have on Ken Corday? I hope we find out one day..The nightmare never ends on Days...The show was never like this under his parents..

• Love 4

At the end of the day, JR had storylines just they far and inbetween. Since Lexie has died there is nothing they can do with him. It's unfortunate. But in a dying business these actors of any color won't be bitching and complaining much they are just happy to still be employed.

Nevertheless, I'm just not going to be all about the black-white-other minorities issue of daytime. I begged daytime for years to have The Winters on YR and actually be a strong black family and YR has ripped it apart at the seems even Kristoff and the girl who plays Marisha there have announced they will be downgraded. Now if I want diversity of any kind now, I just look to primetime now. I no longer beg daytime for it, just give me some good in character storylines.

I hear you, but it's frustrating when having watched Days for what seems like forever for me, I remember when Marlena was introduced. I keep hoping for better for black characters and the show keeps crapping on me. Part of the reason soaps are a dying medium is because there are now options for disenfranchised viewers who formerly had no choice. As for the Winters Family, IMO, Victoria Rowell was the backbone of that family and they began to be deminished in her Bsence. It still irks me that the Abbott's maid Mamie (Accidentally, sounds like Mammie, hmmm) was dropped from the show once she got a family and was placed in a romance with John Abbott.

• Love 5

The show was never like this under his parents..

That's because he's more worried about his golf swing and composing music. Ken needs to get Greg Meng to do his job better as an executive too. Greg Meng gives me fanboy vibes everytime I see him all over the actors getting a photo-op. I bet you too he's the reason why Abifail/KM were front/center for the last 4 yrs, sucking the life out of it.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 1

I can't believe the bloodbath didn't include any of the horrible teens. Those "kids" are dreadful. The Lani character barely had any lines after her first week. I'm not sure what their intended plans were for the character to begin with. Why even bring her on? I preferred Jason Cooke to Brandon Beemer but Martha Madison was growing on me. This show needs to lighten up a bit. It's so dark with all the murder cover ups by Roman & the Salem PD.

• Love 4

I can't believe the bloodbath didn't include any of the horrible teens. Those "kids" are dreadful.

They need to recast Ciara - RIGHT NOW.

I'm over the unclutched jaws and her forcing herself to cry every scene. She's been given a enough time and you would think this rape storyline would had been VJ's redemption, but it really hasn't. The ones from the teen scene I would remotely keep as are Theo, Joey (if he can promise to not be so hammy) and Chase. Claire is not good but compared to Ciara, she's decent.

I said a few posts back the show did a mad dash to SOASRED these legacy characters kids without casting properly. And I also understand they want the tween/teen audience but they are getting too much airtime and it's not summer yet! When I was watching soaps as a kid soaps waited til then to get the teens heavier play. Adults don't give a shit about teen storylines most of the time. Days use to understand.

• Love 2

And, if Days wanted Maggie to have a daughter they should bring back Lisa Trusel. She was on when both Alfonso & Later Reeves were there. I could barely tolerate Marie Wilson on As the World Turns and I didn't need to see her on Days as a character related to Dr. Jonas.

• Love 2

I've enjoyed Martha Madison this time around, although I'd rather see her interacting primarily with Claire and Marlena than that Phillip recast...

I totally agree. Martha has been doing fine work given her character's current situations. I definitely liked her today with Marlena and would love to see more of her with Claire and her parents. Hopefully there is some bonding before she goes. Maybe a John/Mar wedding with Eric, Belle and Brady in attendance before they're all scattered...

I'm similarly hopeful for Theo and Lani. Developing a sibling dynamic would have been a great way to entrench them in the show. And they're wasting Abe, they really are.

Summer getting the boot is hilarious. She's had the most lavish intro of any character these last few years...and there she goes! Bye now!

This makes me wonder - what will this money go to? New characters? Location shoots? Keeping vets? Bringing more vets on board?

Could Sweeney be returning?

• Love 3

And, if Days wanted Maggie to have a daughter they should bring back Lisa Trusel. She was on when both Alfonso & Later Reeves were there. I could barely tolerate Marie Wilson on As the World Turns and I didn't need to see her on Days as a character related to Dr. Jonas.

Least they caught the Summer problem soon. Yeah we'll have to keep putting up with this awful character until, maybe November sweeps, but at least she's out.

This is the problem why I hated TomSell for even making this show film 6 months ahead of schedule. It's like if you dont like an actor or actress playing a particular role you can't really complain until 6 months after. Same can be said for storyline direction. The Bummer/Maggie storyline should be dead now if this show was at least filmed 2 1/2-3 months in advance.

My hope is when this show starts back working April 4th, the writers and executives will scrap stories that don't work and give the show one big ass injection of good entertaining and some happiness.

Edited by BlackMamba

This makes me wonder - what will this money go to? New characters? Location shoots? Keeping vets? Bringing more vets on board?

Days' recent renewal probably meant another cut to the license fee, so it's probably a mix of tweaking the cast and just coming in under budget.  Wouldn't be surprised to see a few more changes soon.

Days' recent renewal probably meant another cut to the license fee, so it's probably a mix of tweaking the cast and just coming in under budget. Wouldn't be surprised to see a few more changes soon.

Yep. I think that's going on at YR too. They put 4 popular characters on recurring or cut them and those fans are pissed about it. Sony clearly has probably told both YR and Days what to do. These soaps arent making the return anymore with the nosedive in ratings (especially the demos) and it cost a million dollars a week to record a 5 day a week soap. I can remember KA/PR took 2 paycuts back in 2009 and I think again in 2011. This was why also Dee Hall/Drake Hogestyn got fired in 2009 because they refused to take paycuts, but because the queen of daytime tv Susan Lucci took a paycut on AMC all the popular actors and actresses across soaps who were making 750k to 2M a year got f___ed.

Lastly it was reported back when Days got renewed they had to go back to a traditional film schedule along with the new production model it will allow them to take notes on stories, recast and make cuts to characters that wasn't working.

NBC wants Days to go back to a traditional film schedule.

"They [NBC] want the show to go back to taping closer to air," says one insider. "The current production model doesn't really give NBC the chance to make notes, or for DAYS to fix story and casting issues that might impact ratings."

"The problem is, " relays another mole. "Going to a more cost effective production model is what saved DAYS."

http://daytimeconfidential.com/2016/02/09/source-nbc-wants-days-to-go-back-to-old-production-model

I almost feel all the soaps should go back to 30 min models. It would be way more cost effective and you can do the ABC storytelling format (because right now on Days, I don't know what story is the A, A1 the B or C). Bold and Beautiful is a prime example a 30 min soaps can work and still be enjoyable. The remaining soap fans don't have the patience to sit through an hour a day of bad storylines and awful acting from some. Edited by BlackMamba

Happytobehere, please don't speak that into existence...If she does that, then I am out for good this time..I will not be a party to seeing Higley rip apart  Steve and Kayla for her ego..She is determined to make Ava Vitali a viable character. She will never be that..What does Higley have on Ken Corday? I hope we find out one day..The nightmare never ends on Days...The show was never like this under his parents..

I'm with you. It's bad enough they are ruining Steve and Kayla with the Ava crap, but to have saddled them with a dim-witted murder-baby is too much.

• Love 3

I'm sad to see BB and MM go. So Claire with no parents and magically turning 18 herself too when they leave? Since I guess they wont be leaving until September/October? I am happy about Summer, See you later!! They never gave Lani an actual storyline except I am Abe's daughter and a police officer so hopefully Sal Stowers finds something else. 

• Love 4

I'm starting to think Sonny only comes back to reunite with Post-Brainwashed Paul.

That has been my fear ever since Paul was kidnapped. Brainwashing the gay (and what personality he has) away. Sonny comes back to "rescue" him or get him to remember ... like Abby and Chad. BARF.

• Love 3

I won't miss any of those characters.

Belle has been nothing like teen-age Belle who fell in love with Shawn, so she's like a new character to me - an unlikable one at that

Shawn has barely been on screen, so I can't say I'll miss him

Lani hasn't had much story at all, so won't miss her either

Summer has already been on screen too long, so the sooner she's gone the better.

Apparently Lani was gone in 2015 and Summer is already gone.  But with the long tape-to-air time, it will be many months of watching knowing that whatever is happening doesn't matter, because the character will be gone soon.  I'm even having the same issue with Chad and Abigail, who I don't even like as a couple, but still all I keep thinking when they are onscreen is that Abigail will be gone in May.

I guess that's the hazard of reading spoilers, but then again, I think I'd rather know than get to wrapped up in a storyline and suddenly find the characters leaving town or however their exit happens.  Or worse, in Eve's case, just never be seen again.  Sometimes I wonder why I've gotten hooked on this show again!

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 7

I'm trying to hold out hope that they will do interesting things with these character exits instead of the typical deaths/reconciliations/fade outs.

I would enjoy seeing Shawn and Lani leave town together as a promising couple, and maybe Belle leaving town having learned a rough lesson when Phillip cheats on her with Chloe (she is still coming back right). Just because characters are exiting doesn't mean those exits can't be worthwhile moments and further their story.

I'm just sick of folks dying or having bizarrely OTT write-offs like Sami's Hollywood Movie Ending. Or just disappearing like Eve.

• Love 4

I would have rather seen CS go instead of BB. Nothing personal but Paul is practically a non entity and very bland. They could have actually bothered to make Lani and real character and keep her with Shawn or bring back Mimi or bring on a new woman for him. The limited number of Gay Character role(s) should be occupied by someone with some personality. Bring back Sonny, Derek, a new character, and/or bring back an existing character and make them gay/bi. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 6

They could have actually bothered to make Lani and real character and keep her with Shawn or bring back Mimi or bring on a new woman for him.

Agreed! If they made Lani into a spitfire with a chip on her shoulder for Abe "ignoring her" all these years, it could had given Lani and Abe a good story together. Ugh they should had recasted Mimi! If Farah was too busy they could had found an actress in her late 20s or early 30s that was going to bring it! And now Chloe is coming back... I take it we are on our way to a Fynn/Chloe/Phillip.

I'm just sick of folks dying or having bizarrely OTT write-offs like Sami's Hollywood Movie Ending. Or just disappearing like Eve.

That writing off Sami into Hollywood royalty was all TomSell. Along with killing off legacy characters like EJ and Nick that got the ball rolling.

• Love 2

Agreed! If they made Lani into a spitfire with a chip on her shoulder for Abe "ignoring her" all these years, it could had given Lani and Abe a good story together. Ugh they should had recasted Mimi! If Farah was too busy they could had found an actress in her late 20s or early 30s that was going to bring it! And now Chloe is coming back... I take it we are on our way to a Fynn/Chloe/Phillip.

That writing off Sami into Hollywood royalty was all TomSell. Along with killing off legacy characters like EJ and Nick that got the ball rolling.

The show is always afraid to make a minority be bad or an antihero. They always have to be saintly and saccharine... Lani could have been revealed to be a mole for the Dimeras and take it from there. Paul could have been an antagonistic interloper hellbent on getting Sonny back, while simultaneously getting a perverse pleasure in tormenting Will..Paul could have been to Wilson, what Emma Donovan was to Shane and Kimberly..Paul and Lani should have been standalone characters and not be related to anybody on the show...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

The show is always afraid to make a minority be bad or an antihero. They always have to be saintly and saccharine... Lani could have been revealed to be a mole for the Dimeras and take it from there.

I wouldn't say Days is afraid they just need a script writers to not be afraid. They wasn't when Lexie got in touch with her Dimera side when that baby switch happened between she and Hope. That was when Lexie was fiyah and some of RJ best work.

With how Lani came on and how nosey she is, how do we not know this still isn't going to happen. If not the Dimeras, Deimos maybe. It could make a good twist.

• Love 2

I will not be shedding any tears when Belle leaves. I just wish that she'd take Phillip with her. I couldn't ever care about Lani. She was never developed as a character. Although he was better this time I cannot say that I'll miss Shawn either. He's been wasted on Abifail 2.0. As for Summers Eve, (The Heart Vision of Sainted Dr Dan) I would like to celebrate her departure with a dance. Maggie already has 2 daughters. She didn't need this one!

• Love 2

I will not be shedding any tears when Belle leaves. I just wish that she'd take Phillip with her. I couldn't ever care about Lani. She was never developed as a character. Although he was better this time I cannot say that I'll miss Shawn either. He's been wasted on Abifail 2.0. As for Summers Eve, (The Heart Vision of Sainted Dr Dan) I would like to celebrate her departure with a dance. Maggie already has 2 daughters. She didn't need this one!

I LIKE U. I think I've found another spirit animal on this board.

She does seem like she'd be too strong a personality for him...

I feel badly that everyone seems to hate this take on Belle because I'm betting she won't be coming around anymore once she leaves this time. And with Eric gone, and Carrie and Sami being too expensive, who will be Mar's kids? Dee Hall seems to work best with her character's offspring and now there won't be opportunities for her to be in Mom Mode, unless it's with Claire or Brady, who are sure to be busy in their own SLs.

I hope Lani gets some story before going...

Who would you have axed if the magic number was four? I agree with Summer and Shawn (who I saw as a temp return), but I would have traded Lani for Paul getting written out and added Rafe to the list.

I'm super confused about where things stand with Andre. Was he seriously just brought back to temporarily stall Chad and Abigail, threaten Sami and then take the fall for Stefano's murder...? I was expecting a murder trial, a revenge plot...something! I won't be satisfied until I get one either...so tell me please if TP is still on contract. If he ain't, I need to start deep breathing and working through my frustrations at these writers...

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 1

The writers did such a terrible job with Belle and Shawn's return.  They should never have had them already split. They should have just (re)introduced them as the adult children of John, Marlena, Bo & Hope.  Let them spend time with their families. Hope and Ciara sure could have used Shawn for support. Belle should have been the sweet Belle, the fans who came back for the 50th remember.  Claire could have been the much-loved grand-daughter. Shawn could still have joined the Salem PD and Belle could still be the town's lawyer.  Claire just one of the carefree, fun-loving teens.  We should have had time to get to know these "new to some of us" actors portraying these characters.  Then eventually, once we cared about them, start the drama.

Instead they are going before they've even had time to literally get settled in Salem.  Belle is still staying with John & Marlena.  And who knows where Shawn lives.

At first I didn't care when I read they were leaving, but then yesterday, it kind of hit me when I saw Salem's new big family with a Mom, Dad, 3 kids and a grand-daughter.  Marlena has a similar family with Carrie, Sami, Eric & Belle. Instead, Carrie is who knows where, Sami in LA, Eric going to jail for up to 14 years and Belle leaving Salem, or even dying knowing these writers, after only being back 6 months!

So I guess I'm a bit more bitter about the casting news than I thought.

• Love 6

Let them spend time with their families. Hope and Ciara sure could have used Shawn for support.

If that's the one thing that has annoyed me off in the lack of family interaction between Shawn/Hope, Shawn/John, Belle/Hope, John/Belle. Brandon Beemer and Kristian Alfonso has only shared only maybe three scenes together, Brandon hasn't with any with NuCiara I don't think. Shawn should be acting as a big brother to Ciara and her protector and support system since Chase raped her.

It's like even when BB was on here before they never wanted to give Shawn strong enough dialogue comparable to a Jason Cook. They made BB's Shawn into a weak pushover husband or a blockhead. Sabotage and wasteful if you ask me. The only thing I do differ with you on is I have been liking Belle and Shawn this go around. I was never a Shelle fan nor a Belle fan, I found them annoying and too juvenile and "perfect", but I liked that MM and BB improved on their acting go around despite the material they were given to play. I know the version many fans who have loved the Belle character for years but I keep in mind Belle is not 16 years old anymore, she's a grown woman with problems. If they had to let Belle and Shawn break up it could had been more organic then this bad plotting with Belle cheating on Shawn while they lived in Maine crap and we didn't even get to see that guy she supposed cheated on, just a mention. But they made damn sure we got the Phillip/Belle/Shawn tri.

It just makes me question what on earth was production doing 6-7 months ago and they allowed Higley to write the show into the vortex of suck before she ultimately had her "meltdown". Like this is where a Greg Meng, fanboy, should had been looking at scripts and reading them before they filmed and been like

200w.gif

It's what a Gloria Monty, Agnes Nixon, Bill Bell and Sheri Anderson would had done.

Note to Ryan Quan and Dena Higley: Dont bring back any characters from Days past unless you have a plan, give an effective plot point and a strong storyline.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 4