Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

The only thing I do differ with you on is I have been liking Belle and Shawn this go around. I was never a Shelle fan nor a Belle fan, I found them annoying and too juvenile and "perfect", but I liked that MM and BB improved on their acting go around despite the material they were given to play. I know the version many fans who have loved the Belle character for years but I keep in mind Belle is not 16 years old anymore, she's a grown woman with problems. If they had to let Belle and Shawn break up it could had been more organic then this bad plotting with Belle cheating on Shawn while they lived in Maine crap and we didn't even get to see that guy she supposed cheated on, just a mention. But they made damn sure we got the Phillip/Belle/Shawn tri.

I wasn't watching when Shawn & Belle were last on, or anytime since they were teens, so I don't know much of their history since high school. This Belle just came across as very unlikable to me.  But that is mostly the writer's fault since they made her main focus "bedding a man" and made her not only chase after Philip two seconds after she was in town, but also get involved with Chad.  The writers just rushed it so much.  I could understand her being drawn to Philip, since they had a history but it was too rushed. And then they wrote that "had to go to Vegas" weekend where she snubbed her daughter.  Then there was the stupid Demira money!  And they made her Salem's new lawyer.  They just wrote too many things for this character who'd just stepped back into Salem.  I did like her when she was in lawyer mode, so I think if they tweaked things a bit, I could have learned to like her.  Won't have the chance now.

As for Shawn, I can't say if I liked him or not.  nu-Shawn hasn't been on screen much more than original-Shawn was back when Bo was there.  And since I'd never seen nu-Shawn before, I was going to need time to get used to that actor portraying him.  Again, won't have the chance now.

I know they can't have every character a fan ever liked on the show all the time, but this changing writers and therefore characters, every 6 months is very annoying.

• Love 3

Martha reported on her Twitter and Jason47 confirms that April 4th will be her and Brandon's last tape day and will be shown in September.

These are confirmation spoilers for next week's Days from SOD

Chad and JJ use Abby as bait to lure out Ben. While alone, he appears to her but leaves before they guys arrives.

Chad and JJ question Abby when footage shows no one there. She swears he was there. Is she seeing things?

Deimos makes a peace offering to Victor.

Maggie is hospitalized; Philip wants answers from Belle; Theresa loses her engagement ring.

Edited by BlackMamba

http://heavy.com/entertainment/2016/03/days-of-our-lives-dool-spoilers-rumors-recap-today-tomorrow-ciara-rape-chase/

Heavy.com is saying that it's rumored that McClendon has a few eps left and they're with Cosgrove. Is this right? Isn't Cosgrove back longer than a couple episodes?

Yes, it's been reported that Daniel Cosgrove (Aiden) is back much longer than a couple of episodes. I just don't think Chase will go to jail. I have a feeling Chase dies. Maybe in the CDC story or teen suicide?

• Love 1

Yes, it's been reported that Daniel Cosgrove (Aiden) is back much longer than a couple of episodes. I just don't think Chase will go to jail. I have a feeling Chase dies. Maybe in the CDC story or teen suicide?

Has there ever been a teen suicide in soaps? I wouldn't be surprised if it goes that route especially if he gets off rape chargers: the kids already hate him, Hope will not accept him as her son again for good reason and of course hes lonely with no one. Josh Griffith is a goth writer so his verison will probably lead Chase down that road.

As for the CDC storyline wonder how many could be whacked off in that and who will start it. When Daysaster happened a few years ago, Madison and Jack got killed off.

LOL, no! I was just saying the only thing that would be semi cool is if they were the same person somehow, in the face of all evidence pointing to the contrary.

That would mean Chad was boinking a dude, Abby was a killer and the last four years of Abby BS would have a totally different spin on it.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 1

Spoilers for the week of April 4-8th

Week of April 4:

Monday April 4:

Summer fears Maggie may be paralyzed.

Tuesday April 5:

Kayla suggests to Steve that they go on the run to avoid his trial.

Wednesday April 6:

Deimos is fascinated to learn more about Nicole’s past.

Thursday April 7:

Kayla confides in Roman about Steve.

I know they can't have every character a fan ever liked on the show all the time, but this changing writers and therefore characters, every 6 months is very annoying.

It really is.  I don't understand why it's so difficult for soaps to attract and keep good writers.  The behind the scenes politics must be a meat grinder. 

Hopefully the new guy who was promoted from within will work out.

• Love 2

It really is. I don't understand why it's so difficult for soaps to attract and keep good writers. The behind the scenes politics must be a meat grinder.

Don't forget networks play a YUGE role now in the direction of these soaps.

I remember years ago, a breakdown writer who worked for Days under Hogan Sheffer, was talking to DC Confidential's podcast where HS was planning to do a Lexie vs Sami rivarly in the middle of the EJami vs Lumi storyline. Anyways at the 11th hr the network told HS "no but hell no" and forced it to be Sami vs Celeste.

And with the ratings plummeting week by week I can't see how any of these soaps will be on in the next 3yrs. And the networks have these shows by the balls now. They can come in sit in on meetings and pitch their own storylines and pair certain characters up they want frontburn (example, Brian Fronz who ruined ABC Daytime and Barbara Bloom who ruined CBS Daytime). The only reason why the 4 remaining soaps aren't all gone the networks still want to promote their primetime lineups with their commercials.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 2

Don't forget networks play a YUGE role now in the direction of these soaps.

I remember years ago, a breakdown writer who worked for Days under Hogan Sheffer, was talking to DC Confidential's podcast where HS was planning to do a Lexie vs Sami rivarly in the middle of the EJami vs Lumi storyline. Anyways at the 11th hr the network told HS "no but hell no" and forced it to be Sami vs Celeste.

And with the ratings plummeting week by week I can't see how any of these soaps will be on in the next 3yrs. And the networks have these shows by the balls now. They can come in sit in on meetings and pitch their own storylines and pair certain characters up they want frontburn (example, Brian Fronz who ruined ABC Daytime and Barbara Bloom who ruined CBS Daytime). The only reason why the 4 remaining soaps aren't all gone the networks still want to promote their primetime lineups with their commercials.

A Lexie vs. Sami would have been awesome due to their contentious relationship..I have no doubt that Sheffer wanted Lumi to be endgame with both of the twins for Lucas...I loved his tenure on the show...Once he was ousted, the show pushed Ejami, Safe and Rafe as the it man over Lucas....

• Love 2

So Abifail Lite and Summer's Eve will be here for six more months and KM still has a month to go. This is torture.

It's like Days keeps replacing bad apples with new bad apples. Ava and Abifail are now replaced with the most irrelevant character in the history of Days. And where you see Summer's Eve will be on another 6 months?? I'm still hoping she meets a nasty fate come with the rumored CDC storyline. The crazy thing is if she gets killed off or thrown in prison that means more crying for Maggie and possibly back to the bottle.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 3

It's like Days keeps replacing bad apples with new bad apples. Ava and Abifail are now replaced with the most irrelevant character in the history of Days. And where you see Summer's Eve will be on another 6 months?? I'm still hoping she meets a nasty fate come with the rumored CDC storyline. The crazy thing is if she gets killed off or thrown in prison that means more crying for Maggie and possibly back to the bottle.

That is why the ratings are tanking really fast with no end in sight.....They should have suspended taping till September...They need to go back to being six weeks in advance to fix problems with storylines and actors....

• Love 4

That is why the ratings are tanking really fast with no end in sight.....They should have suspended taping till September...They need to go back to being six weeks in advance to fix problems with storylines and actors....

The 5 or 6 month lag-time is ridiculous!  And though viewers shouldn't control story-lines and writer visions, I'm sure a more reasonable taping schedule would help with the timeline and other inconsistencies we see on the aired episodes, as well as the cuts they end up making before an episode airs due to story-line and/or other BTS changes.  

According to the recap at NBC.com this happened on yesterday's episode:

Earlier, Shawn and Lani, having spent the night together, consider staying in bed all day, but Shawn notes they need to get to work. Lani pouts, and while Shawn is in the shower, she goes through his wallet, disposing of Belle and Claire's picture. Later, she climbs into the shower with him and they make love.

http://www.nbc.com/days-of-our-lives/episode-guide/season-51/friday-32516/12810

• Love 3

Oh how I wish they could just scrap what isn't working and flush into neverland. Yet thanks to the incredible film schedule and whatever bullshit that happened behind in production it's just ughh. I'm just hoping between now and April there is better pacing, continue to make an effort to get characters back into character leading May Sweeps. Yet I won't hold my fucking breath. Abifail is back on 5 days a week and Summer is being more cemented into the cast. Hot mess.

Earlier, Shawn and Lani, having spent the night together, consider staying in bed all day, but Shawn notes they need to get to work. Lani pouts, and while Shawn is in the shower, she goes through his wallet, disposing of Belle and Claire's picture. Later, she climbs into the shower with him and they make love.

See what I mean. The production has been doing this since January. Things that were suppose to happen didn't air. Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 2

The 5 or 6 month lag-time is ridiculous!  And though viewers shouldn't control story-lines and writer visions, I'm sure a more reasonable taping schedule would help with the timeline and other inconsistencies we see on the aired episodes, as well as the cuts they end up making before an episode airs due to story-line and/or other BTS changes.  

It seems that Griffith was going to give Lani an edge...I would have loved to have seen that..Obviously Higley was not interested in her. What a shame! The Carver family should have been rebuilt with Abe as the patriarch...Brandon could have come back and mix it up with Theo, Lani and Nicole. Perhaps Faye could come back from the dead to be with Abe....What a waste!

• Love 5

I thought the woman who plays Summer's Eve just finished taping? And since they shoot six months in advance that means she will still be on screen for six months.

I know SS/Lani was done taping in 2015. Summer's Eve no clue if Marie ended her filming last year or she's in the same boat as MM/BB and will film her last scenes in April. I hope she's been done filming.

It seems that Griffith was going to give Lani an edge...I would have loved to have seen that..Obviously Higley was not interested in her. What a shame! The Carver family should have been rebuilt with Abe as the patriarch...Brandon could have come back and mix it up with Theo, Lani and Nicole. Perhaps Faye could come back from the dead to be with Abe....What a waste!

Yet Griffith shouldn't get too much praise neither. Griffith has done a horrible job with family interactions especially between the Bradys/Hortons/Kiriakis bunch. Higley at least tries, but Griffith is so dark he could give a shit if Shawn D, Hope and Ciara share more scenes together and Shawn finding Chase and giving him an ass beating for what he did to Ciara. If Jason Cook was still there these might had happened. And how come Hope and Jennifer aren't being each other's rock and support. I need for Hope to walk in on Jennifer popping pills. And get some emotional scenes and then she reveals that she too is fucked up and killed Stefano. It just seems like Griffith and Higley were oil and water, two hacks that had no business being paired together. Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 3

Wowzers.  I should start reading those recaps, but I'm afraid I'll get mixed up and down the line think some of those things really did happen. 

Is Lumpyleer leaving soon?  Because the recording contract scenes gave me a twinge of Claire hate

Just hell no to him and Bratz Doll.  I may need to stop watching, I don't have FF capabilities.  I hope she's temporary.  I got all worked up the last time she knocked on Dan's door and stared blankly until I thought she needs to remind herself to breathe or maybe her dress is really that tight.  But she was only there a day or two and was kinda alright for that long. 

• Love 1

I know SS/Lani was done taping in 2015. Summer's Eve no clue if Marie ended her filming last year or she's in the same boat as MM/BB and will film her last scenes in April. I hope she's been done filming.

Yet Griffith shouldn't get too much praise neither. Griffith has done a horrible job with family interactions especially between the Bradys/Hortons/Kiriakis bunch. Higley at least tries, but Griffith is so dark he could give a shit if Shawn D, Hope and Ciara share more scenes together and Shawn finding Chase and giving him an ass beating for what he did to Ciara. If Jason Cook was still there these might had happened. And how come Hope and Jennifer aren't being each other's rock and support. I need for Hope to walk in on Jennifer popping pills. And get some emotional scenes and then she reveals that she too is fucked up and killed Stefano. It just seems like Griffith and Higley were oil and water, two hacks that had no business being paired together.

I would like to know what really happened between Griffith and Higley..Higley was put on a leave of absence..Now she is back in control and God help us all....Higley was the one that killed off Will and not Griffith. Guy Wilson was at an event last weekend in Atlanta with some of the Days cast and he told somebody that frequents a Wilson board that I go to that it was all Higley's idea to murder Will in such a despicable manner....Judy Evans said that Will's murder was disturbing to watch....Higley is not all about family.. She is just as awful as Griffith...Plus, she marginalized Lucas in favor of her pet Rafe....Rafe should be gone just like Daniel...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

Why amd I not surprised that they decide to get rid of Lani right as she might become a little interesting. I'm not surprised at them cutting the Lani/Shawn scenes either. No way would they let Shawn leave town with a new woman so they have to edit out his relationship with Lani as much as possible so he can be thrown back together with his adulterous wife.

• Love 4

While I really don't want Shawn to get back with Belle, I am a little glad Lani didn't hop into his bed just yet. We hardly know her! What is her personality, exactly?

And her discarding a picture of his wife and kid is cooooold. Wouldn't have liked that either.

Lani needed about a dozen scenes with Abe and Theo by this point to feel integrated into the show.

She should have gotten the treatment Summer has been getting.

• Love 4

Why amd I not surprised that they decide to get rid of Lani right as she might become a little interesting. I'm not surprised at them cutting the Lani/Shawn scenes either. No way would they let Shawn leave town with a new woman so they have to edit out his relationship with Lani as much as possible so he can be thrown back together with his adulterous wife.

Dude, Im pissed cause they were going to show the side I thought Lani was. Someone to not be trusted. Yet I feel the reason they were scared to do it is think about it: she's an African American woman and basically the sidechick in someone's marriage of a beloved couple who happens to be white. Had Days shown that scene, I can only imagine what possible negative response social media and soap blogs would had gave it. Most soap fans are nuts they would attack that actress on Twitter and no telling what names she would had gotten. In a way, this is the first time Days might had saved themselves and an actress from verbal abuse.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 3

Dude, Im pissed cause they were going to show the side I thought Lani was. Someone to not be trusted. Yet I feel the reason they were scared to do it is think about it: she's an African American woman and basically the sidechick in someone's marriage of a beloved couple who happens to be white. Had Days shown that scene, I can only imagine what possible negative response social media and soap blogs would had gave it. Most soap fans are nuts they would attack that actress on Twitter and no telling what names she would had gotten. In a way, this is the first time Days might had saved themselves and an actress from verbal abuse.

Is Shelle that popular with fans to have garnered that type of reaction? I can understand if it was Jarlena,Steve and Kayla, Jack and Jennifer, Kim and Shane..I never understood Shelle. They were so contrived...Plus, I always wanted John to become Roman again..If that had happened, Shelle would never happen because they would be first cousins....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

Is Shelle that popular with fans to have garnered that type of reaction? I can understand if it was Jarlena,Steve and Kayla, Jack and Jennifer, Kim and Shane..I never understood Shelle. They were so contrived...Plus, I always wanted John to become Roman again..If that had happened, Shelle would never happen because they would be first cousins....

Hey, you and me are speaking the same language for when it comes to Shelle. I never was a Shelle fan anyhow. I liked Shawn with Mimi or even thought the writers should had tried Shawn/Chloe while BB/NB were an offscreen romance. But we are not the majority of the audience. Shelle are still popular because they are offspring of popular legacy characters Jarlena/Bope. I wouldn't say they are even a supercouple, but because they have those family ties like Crabs, that keeps them popular among several Days viewers.

• Love 2

Hey, you and me are speaking the same language for when it comes to Shelle. I never was a Shelle fan anyhow. I liked Shawn with Mimi or even thought the writers should had tried Shawn/Chloe while BB/NB were an offscreen romance. But we are not the majority of the audience. Shelle are still popular because they are offspring of popular legacy characters Jarlena/Bope. I wouldn't say they are even a supercouple, but because they have those family ties like Crabs, that keeps them popular among several Days viewers.

I think it is because the fans yearn for a supercouple that we have had in the past...So they latch onto a couple that seem like they could become a supercouple. The problem is that we no longer have good writers that are capable of writing another Steve and Kayla or Jack and Jennifer. The characters no longer have depth and substance. Abigail should be a compelling character due to her parentage, but she is a horrible person that is propped to the heavens.

Kim was a popular heroine because she was so tragic, she was able to be flawed and vulnerable. She was never propped...In fact, the writers loved to make her suffer...One of the most awesome scenes involving Kim and Shane, was when she went undercover for Shane as a prostitute to get information. Shane balked at that idea, but Kim wanted to do it for Shane. She loved him that much.. One of her old Johns was a man that Shane was investigating and Shane had to witness the love of his life become a prostitute before his very eyes..It was so painful for Kim and Shane to have to experience that...Kim was so sure that Shane would always look at her as just a prostitute...Not true. Shane loved her no matter what, he never judged her. However, Kim's lingering doubts about her past as a prostitute always haunted her  and it always propelled her to make mistakes that affected her relationship with Shane..The road to hell is paved with good intentions.. That adage describes Kimberly Brady Donovan perfectly, she always strived to do the right thing, but it always backfired on her..That type of complex writing will never exist on the show again...It is truly a shame...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

I think it is because the fans yearn for a supercouple that we have had in the past...So they latch onto a couple that seem like they could become a supercouple. The problem is that we no longer have good writers that are capable of writing another Steve and Kayla or Jack and Jennifer. The characters no longer have depth and substance. Abigail should be a compelling character due to her parentage, but she is a horrible person that is propped to the heavens.

Kim was a popular heroine because she was so tragic, she was able to be flawed and vulnerable. She was never propped...In fact, the writers loved to make her suffer...One of the most awesome scenes involving Kim and Shane, was when she went undercover for Shane as a prostitute to get information. Shane balked at that idea, but Kim wanted to do it for Shane. She loved him that much.. One of her old Johns was a man that Shane was investigating and Shane had to witness the love of his life become a prostitute before his very eyes..It was so painful for Kim and Shane to have to experience that...Kim was so sure that Shane would always look at her as just a prostitute...Not true. Shane loved her no matter what, he never judged her. However, Kim's lingering doubts about her past as a prostitute always haunted her and it always propelled her to make mistakes that affected her relationship with Shane..The road to hell is paved with good intentions.. That adage describes Kimberly Brady Donovan perfectly, she always strived to do the right thing, but it always backfired on her..That type of complex writing will never exist on the show again...It is truly a shame...

Yes. And I think that's another thing that "hurt" Days overtime was making it the "supercouple" hour. What worked in the 80s and 90s isn't working now when it comes to a Crabs, Shelle and Thrady. With the exception of Shelle, the writers in both regimes have forced these couples first without well written plots and storylines to back it up. I like Gabi/JJ but I fear what will be on horizon once they get a storyline down the road. If you look at a show like a GH, which started the supercouple trend, even they have the last several years has put the couples before telling good stories too. Jake Doe/Liz, Julian/Alexis, Franco/Nina, and Nathan/Maxie. Their ratings continue to go down the shitter too.

Plus cable/digital tv/the Internet have also hurt daytime tv. I remember when there were only 40 channels and soaps were still doing well numbers wise. Now with 250+ cable channels fans easily have options: The Affair, Unreal, Empire, The Bachelor/Bachelorette, Real housewives, Teen Mom, Pump Rules and Love and Hip-hop all provide something daytime use to give their viewers which was the occasional romance, drama and humor.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 1

Yes. And I think that's another thing that "hurt" Days overtime was making it the "supercouple" hour. What worked in the 80s and 90s isn't working now when it comes to a Crabs, Shelle and Thrady. With the exception of Shelle, the writers in both regimes have forced these couples first without well written plots and storylines to back it up. I like Gabi/JJ but I fear what will be on horizon once they get a storyline down the road. If you look at a show like a GH, which started the supercouple trend, even they have the last several years has put the couples before telling good stories too. Jake Doe/Liz, Julian/Alexis, Franco/Nina, and Nathan/Maxie. Their ratings continue to go down the shitter too.

Plus cable/digital tv/the Internet have also hurt daytime tv. I remember when there were only 40 channels and soaps were still doing well numbers wise. Now with 250+ cable channels fans easily have options now: watch The Affair, Unreal, Empire, The Bachelor/Bachelorette, Real housewives, Teen Mom and love and hip-hop all provide something daytime usw to give their viewers which was the occasional romance, drama and humor.

The supercouples on Days were organic....They were not forced at all.. The writers back then followed the chemistry..Shane was supposed to be a short term character, but  the viewers liked him so much that they brought him back. Kim was supposed to be with Tony, but Kim and Shane sparkled and the writers built upon that...Jennifer was supposed to be with Frankie, but her banter with Jack at the spectator intrigued the viewers and it went from there..Steve was supposed to be a short term villain and he stuck around, then he and Kayla took off...The couples that are being pimped as the new supercouples have nothing on the real ones..The writers were much better in the past and wrote for the fans and not for their ego...That is a major problem with the soaps these days and why they are  dying...Days has always had the best couples in all of daytime, whether they were a minor couple like Mike and Robin or a supercouple like Bo and Hope....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

The supercouples on Days were organic....They were not forced at all.. The writers back then followed the chemistry..Shane was supposed to be a short term character, but the viewers liked him so much that they brought him back. Kim was supposed to be with Tony, but Kim and Shane sparkled and the writers built upon that...Jennifer was supposed to be with Frankie, but her banter with Jack at the spectator intrigued the viewers and it went from there..Steve was supposed to be a short term villain and he stuck around, then he and Kayla took off...The couples that are being pimped as the new supercouples have nothing on the real ones..The writers were much better in the past and wrote for the fans and not for their ego...That is a major problem with the soaps these days and why they are dying...Days has always had the best couples in all of daytime, whether they were a minor couple like Mike and Robin or a supercouple like Bo and Hope....

Yeah J+J were special because Jack was a dark character especially when he raped Kayla. But Jennifer was able to help lull him out of that and redeem him from that dark place and their chemistry was off the charts. Jack will always be tagged a rapist but I'm glad the writers never let him not forget it.

• Love 1

Yeah J+J were special because Jack was a dark character especially when he raped Kayla. But Jennifer was able to help lull him out of that and redeem him from that dark place and their chemistry was off the charts. Jack will always be tagged a rapist but I'm glad the writers never let him not forget it.

The same can be said for Kim and Shane..He was her hero and thought her not to let past cripple her from living and being happy...He loved her for who she was, warts and all...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

Marie Wilson (Summer) finished taping in January.  I guess that would have her airing until sometime in July.

But didn't Maya (B&B) interfere in Rick & Caroline's marriage? Did B&B receive verbal abuse? Personally, I was rooting for them all the way, but that's just me :)

Marie Wilson (Summer) finished taping in January. I guess that would have her airing until sometime in July.

Shit..

But didn't Maya (B&B) interfere in Rick & Caroline's marriage? Did B&B receive verbal abuse? Personally, I was rooting for them all the way, but that's just me :)

Yeah but Days and BB audiences are different and their are different expectations that are meant across every soap that goes with their theme. Days and GH fans are by far the most passionate on social media IMO. YR fans can look at test patterns so as long they get to see their vets, especially Victor Newman a d Jack Abbott frontburn. If some Bope fans can attack KA because Daniel Cosgrove is coming back and why Hope doesn't get called "Grandma" by Claire or attack Thaao for playing a Dimera like a Dimera, I could only imagine what would had happened if SS/Lani ripped that picture of Claire/Belle. I wouldn't had mind it but there is segment of Days fans that have a hard time separating act of fiction from reality that I've noticed. Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 4

Totally agree with your assessment, BlackMamba. Days fan are rabid...to the point of negativity. Really a shame that they just can't enjoy a fictional show for what it is. Years ago, before social media, the most critical question folks had was "Where the heck is Salem?"  Now they pick apart every little thing. They really need a life.

• Love 2

So Abifail Lite and Summer's Eve will be here for six more months and KM still has a month to go. This is torture.

Shit haha that was what I was thinking. With this damn schedule it's like the news is practically irrelevant.