Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

They never raised Bo together...They were never a family..In fact, Bo has always kept Victor at arms length....

I know but she liked him enough to bone. I'm just saying that there is a connection..however it happened and played out, etc... Doesn't matter that they weren't a family. 

• Love 2

I know but she liked him enough to bone. I'm just saying that there is a connection..however it happened and played out, etc... Doesn't matter that they weren't a family. 

I hate it based what Victor did to Kim and Kayla..A good mother would put her children ahead of some man...

• Love 7

I'm sure her mother, the Great American Psychic , won't have visions about this. I wonder if Caroline will be able to tear herself away from Victor, long enough to go check on Kayla.

I just don't understand why Caroline's "visions" are only for the male members of the Kiriakis family. (Bo, Victor, Philip) Why didn't she see Ciara's rape or all of this happening to Kayla? 

• Love 8

I wonder if the writers will actually tie the EJabby affair into this, as the article suggests. Would be nice, but I somehow doubt it.

Abby is the worst. Burning him alive is intense. Just shoot him or something you freak. Chad is a lucky man, ain't he?

Nice to see Abe getting story come September.

After rewatching the startlingly intense scene where Eric makes out with Jenn, I really kinda want them to have drunk/high nookie. Sober Eric and Jenn suck. Them desperately pawing at one after while falling apart, on the other hand, was hotter than even Gabbi and JJ doing their thang.

Did anyone catch that Eric flubbed a line in that scene about how HE was taking pills? He was obviously supposed to say JENN was taking pills, but they didn't do a second take, so it stayed in there and Jenn takes offense as though he had said "you're". Annoying and glaring flub in an otherwise great scene.

I would have happily traded some Chabby, Summer and Deimos screentime for more drunk Eric. The actor was right - it's his best work.

Ain't it strange how Brady didn't really seem much different back when he was high all the time? Not sure who to blame there - EM or the writers...

• Love 1

If this is true and not a rumor. Then, I am out..I already hate the little bitch due to her association with Ava Vitali.....

Not saying that it couldn't happen, but whenever I read a "spoiler" on that site, it seems like it's nothing more than an opinion piece that seems to summarize comments I've seen posted on the various message boards.  

• Love 1

Not saying that it couldn't happen, but whenever I read a "spoiler" on that site, it seems like it's nothing more than an opinion piece that seems to summarize comments I've seen posted on the various message boards.  

GOD, I hope so. 

• Love 1

If this is true and not a rumor. Then, I am out..I already hate the little bitch due to her association with Ava Vitali.....

I was hoping to let my hair grow out. If this is true, I'll be pulling it out!!!!

Well, I guess Chad will FINALLY see what the rest of us have known for quite some time......she's nuts!!!!

• Love 2
(edited)

Looks like the Kiriakis mansion...I'm guessing Thrady.

20 bucks says that the wedding doesn't pan out or that the marriage doesn't even last 24 hours. I'll give them less than 6 months if even that. 

On the other hand, kind of weird that they would get married in the Kiriakis mansion. Whose idea is that?

Edited by Braniac Woman

Why not?  Brady is Victor's grandson.  And it looks like Theresa and Maggie are becoming close.

Yeah but Victor still hates Theresa. Why the hell would he allow his grandson to get married in his mansion to the woman he so despises? That doesn't make sense to me. Maybe it might be Maggie's idea for them to get married there since I think that was also where Maggie & Victor got married. It would also be even weirder because I just saw a photo that Jen Lilley posted on Twitter from her Instagram earlier today with Billy Flynn and she's wearing a burgundy dress with an updo. Why would Theresa be dressed like she's going out to a club to her own wedding?! That's just odd...

(edited)

A wedding? Well it's either going to be a Thrady wedding or a Rope wedding... If it's the former I'll be surprised if the marriage even lasts six months...

Five months.

Yeah but Victor still hates Theresa. Why the hell would he allow his grandson to get married in his mansion to the woman he so despises? That doesn't make sense to me. Maybe it might be Maggie's idea for them to get married there since I think that was also where Maggie & Victor got married. It would also be even weirder because I just saw a photo that Jen Lilley posted on Twitter from her Instagram earlier today with Billy Flynn and she's wearing a burgundy dress with an updo. Why would Theresa be dressed like she's going out to a club to her own wedding?! That's just odd...

Usually if Maggie or Caroline or both give him a talking to he usually will chill the fuck out. Look how was he with the engagement party when Maggie got in his butt. Or maybe his current heart attack has given him a change in heart. Who knows Quan/Higley probably have given Brady and/or Jeannie T enough of a backbone to take on Victor about the wedding or else. We'll see in 5 months.

I'm still mad this show won't break out the saint Luke's church for the weddings. Sighs.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 1
(edited)

Five months.

Usually if Maggie or Caroline or both give him a talking to he usually will chill the fuck out. Look how was he with the engagement party when Maggie got in his butt. Or maybe his current heart attack has given him a change in heart. Who knows Quan/Higley probably have given Brady and/or Jeannie T enough of a backbone to take on Victor about the wedding or else. We'll see in 5 months.

I'm still mad this show won't break out the saint Luke's church for the weddings. Sighs.

I have a feeling Quan/Higley may have decided to do away with Thrady entirely so there probably won't even be a wedding. I'll bet you it's probably Rope since Dena's so in love with the pairing. Theresa's probably going out with a guy that isn't Brady. And you may want to hold your breath for Theresa getting a backbone because it might've also been Dena's idea to pussify Theresa too.

Whatever happens, I expect something major to go down. Maybe something happens to Theresa that causes her to go into a coma or be otherwise incapacitated for a very long time until sometime before Jen Lilley's contract lets up.

Edited by Braniac Woman

I have a feeling Quan/Higley decided to do away with Thrady entirely so there probably won't be a wedding. I'll bet you it's probably Rope since Dena's so in love with the pairing. Theresa's probably going out with a guy that isn't Brady.

I disagree. Summer will be long gone before November Sweeps. Her last episodes will be in June from whats been said here. Im betting Thrady will go through it til this character leaves. Something tells me they'll squeeze the Thrady wedding in before Shelle leaves especially if they are doing block taping.

(edited)

I disagree. Summer will be long gone before November Sweeps. Her last episodes will be in June from whats been said here. Im betting Thrady will go through it til this character leaves. Something tells me they'll squeeze the Thrady wedding in before Shelle leaves especially if they are doing block taping.

Even if Theresa/Brady do end up getting married, I doubt their marriage is going to last long. It won't be long before Brady gets restless & bored of his new wife & decides to cheat on Theresa with some other woman. And I'm pretty certain that the actual wedding will have at least some drama involved. I won't be surprised if one of Brady's exes decides to crash the event at the last minute. And what kind of story are the writers willing to write for Thrady once they're actually married? Are they going to allow them to get involved in the drama of the Kiriakis clan? Are they going to bless Thrady with another child?

I'm just so skeptical that this wedding is even going to happen based on Brady's previous romantic history and not to mention we've had so many couples that got broken up within the last year... I'll bet even if Kate Mansi hadn't decided to leave Chabby might've been history too eventually because the writers would've come up with some contrived drama to tear them apart... so what makes Thrady any different this time? 

Edited by Braniac Woman

Spoilers for April 18-22

Monday April 18:

Andre calls Hope from jail, and warns her he’ll go after her and Rafe once he’s freed.

Tuesday April 19:

Deimos makes Kate an offer she can’t refuse.

Wednesday April 20:

Summer connects with Brady, still conflicted about Maggie.

Thursday April 21:

JJ is concerned about his mom’s addiction.

Friday April 22:

Fynn treats Kayla after she passes out, and warns her to take it easy.

Ciara, Claire, Theo, and Henry decorate Edge of the Square for tomorrow night’s prom.

I'm not sure where to ask this so am posting it here to be safe. Is the reason Abigail has been getting nearly entire episodes dedicated to her long breakdown because other scenes/stories with other characters were cut?

I believe so. She quit the show back in the summer/early fall. Her quitting probably fucked every direction of certain stories they had planned out with her in them, particularly Jennifer's drug abuse story.

• Love 1
(edited)

Really? Now J.J.'s worried about his mom's addiction to pills? Took you long enough, dumbass!

Ugh... are we heading for a one night stand with Brady & Summer? I won't be surprised at this point... Maybe Theresa got fed up with Brady's crap and decided to break off the engagement and move out of their apartment. Of course... Typical Brady... 

This week just sounds so boring...

Edited by Braniac Woman

This week just sounds so boring...

Well I wouldn't go that far. Soaps have to allow some beats to be played before more excitement come. Now I agree, I can do without more Summer scenes yet I think (at least I hope) they are setting up thing to try and get ready for May Sweeps.

It bugged me that the funerals of Bo and Will weren't at the church. It would be hella weird for Brady to go back to Saint Luke's for a wedding, given how it went last time...

• Love 1

I believe so. She quit the show back in the summer/early fall. Her quitting probably fucked every direction of certain stories they had planned out with her in them, particularly Jennifer's drug abuse story.

Interesting.  Was she to be featured in Jennifer's drug abuse story?  I can't imagine why, other than it would be yet another example of this show's ridiculous propping of her vacuous character.  But really, these near episode length features with Abigail taking forever to go insane would help cover the holes left by stories that have since been edited into oblivion by one regime or another (can't keep track anymore).  So we know Shawn and Lani's story was completely dropped, and maybe Lucas and Adrienne's, and Belle's would have been gutted, too.  Anyone else?

• Love 5
(edited)

Interesting.  Was she to be featured in Jennifer's drug abuse story?  I can't imagine why, other than it would be yet another example of this show's ridiculous propping of her vacuous character.  But really, these near episode length features with Abigail taking forever to go insane would help cover the holes left by stories that have since been edited into oblivion by one regime or another (can't keep track anymore).  So we know Shawn and Lani's story was completely dropped, and maybe Lucas and Adrienne's, and Belle's would have been gutted, too.  Anyone else?

The Eve/Justin romance was jettisoned by Griffith..One minute they were a couple and the next thing ,Eve was breaking things off with Justin;accusing  him of still wanting Adrienne...It was obvious that their story was edited out and it facilitated her weak exit from the show...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

Yes!  Eve and Justin.  So who's responsible for the others being dropped - Griffith, or Higley & Quan?

Seriously, with this show's constant head writers changes and months-long delay in airing, I can't keep track of who is responsible for what.

• Love 1
(edited)

Yes!  Eve and Justin.  So who's responsible for the others being dropped - Griffith, or Higley & Quan?

Seriously, with this show's constant head writers changes and months-long delay in airing, I can't keep track of who is responsible for what.

Griffith was responsible for that..Dena Higley was put on a leave of absence for fighting with Griffith for dominance...Higley loves the Kiriakis family and Lucas. She was the one that brought them back years ago and she put them on contract last year. Presumably, she had a story for them..Adrienne's check for Breast cancer gene was also edited out by Griffith...That story should have involved Abigail, Steve, Stefanie, Sonny, Joey and JJ since they are affected by that gene as well via her mother Jo..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

Hmmm.  Interesting.  And Higley was responsible for bringing back the horrible Ava while Griffith killed her off, right?

I wonder what the chances are of Justin and Lucas getting more screen time when H & Q's work shows up in August? Or is it October?

• Love 1
(edited)

Hmmm.  Interesting.  And Higley was responsible for bringing back the horrible Ava while Griffith killed her off, right?

I wonder what the chances are of Justin and Lucas getting more screen time when H & Q's work shows up in August? Or is it October?

Yes, she has been wanting to make Ava relevant since 2008, when she came and messed with both Jarlena and Stayla incurring the wrath of both rabid fanbases..I also assume that it was Griffith that turned Joey into a murderer, Chase into a rapist and Ciara into his victim...I think Higley wanted a Chase/Claire/Ciara triangle...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

Man, it's been a crazy couple of months...!!

I'm seeing good ideas from both of them -Eve/Justin, dropping mismatched Lucas/Adrienne - but a lot of terrible stuff made its way through.

I'm grateful so much Rope stuff has been cut...but the Ciara Rape and Ava bull are truly unforgivable sins. I would have much rather seen more of Lucas and Adrienne spooning than all of that crud.

I assume more of Caroline's visions were also cut. Wish that could just be swept under the rug.

• Love 3
(edited)

Hmmm. Interesting. And Higley was responsible for bringing back the horrible Ava while Griffith killed her off, right?

Yes, she has been wanting to make Ava relevant since 2008, when she came and messed with both Jarlena and Stayla incurring the wrath of both rabid fanbases..I also assume that it was Griffith that turned Joey into a murderer, Chase into a rapist and Ciara into his victim...I think Higley wanted a Chase/Claire/Ciara triangle...

Well that would be stupid of Higley if she didn't make Theo/Ciara since she was the one that started them as friends as little children. Plus that would had expected for those characters to be together once they aged. Nevertheless, Griffith was the one that decided to go with the rape story. The rape story started the week Dena left Monday in the last week of February and Beth entered, because the rape was February 22 on a Wednesday. That Vivian Jovanni even said that it was Griffith idea. I bet that's why Higley had her meltdown. She knew Griffith getting Ciara raped would be a bad idea then. I bet somewhere she saying "I told yall so." Not to mention, I think it was Josh's idea to get the teens sorased too so he could do this rape story. Teen rape happened in that Marty gangrape on OLTL so why not pseudo-incest/rape between Chase and Ciara - stepsiblings.

The crazy thing is I can tell the difference in Higley and Griffith's writing. Yep they are both hacks but Higley, with all her stupidity and flaws, you can tell the pacing was better and not as dark. Griffith on the other hand doesn't seem to care about family interactions (especially between Hope/Shawn D, Steve/Adr, etc) this is the heart and soul of Days the family stuff, when a story is stuck or he wants to go more gothic he starts a new one story and other stories get back burned and pacing wise he kind of sucks too. I dunno I can't really sing this Griffith's praises as I thought since Higley left. I like Deimos and gave me a latino family and giving me funny Adrianna. But He made Days into a poor man's The Killing and CSI when it's always been like Desperate Housewives and Devious Maids. I hope Quan/Higley can clearup the darkness and more romance, joyous moments, more humor. You can have a little darkness but not every story and character needs to be dark at the same time. The rape story would had been "ok" if not every character and story was sad and depressing.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 2
(edited)

Ha, ha, ha! So I guess even hacks like Higley know when another hack's ideas are bad? 

So who was responsible for the Valentine's day episode? Higley?

And I'm going to guess she might have been also responsible for the Basic Black story. 

And I'm pretty certain that Dena might have also originally wanted a Nicole/Brady/Theresa love triangle with the whole magic Daniel heart crap. She may attempt to do it again by having Brady cheat on Theresa with Nicole on the eve of their wedding. I think if she had her way she would have had Brady eventually abandon Theresa for Nicole and basically break her heart. Maybe Dena might have intended Dario for Theresa if he had arrived while she was still head writer. 

I think Josh may be responsible for Theresa's redemption arc/Thrady/probably Jabi too & J.J. being turned into a cop. 

I also think this whole Summer mess might have been Josh's idea since I don't think Dena would want to ditch her own character. 

And as bad as Josh has been, I doubt things will get any better under Higley, if any. I won't be surprised if we see a lot more cheating/bed-hopping within the next couple of months. Hell, I was actually wondering if maybe Higley might attempt to do a baby switch with Theresa/Nicole by having them get pregnant at the same time and having their babies snatched from them. 

Edited by Braniac Woman
  • Love 2
(edited)

Yes to all of the above.  Both writers generally suck, though every once in awhile they hit upon a good idea that really works - Deimos, Ciara/Theo, Teresa's redemption, Nicole/Teresa and the revival of Basic Black, JJ as a cop, JJ/Gabi, and Hernadi more interesting than Rafe (sorry GG).  I enjoyed John's parentage story but know I'm way out in the weeds alone on that one.  :-)

I sincerely hope that baby switches have become verboten, but it wouldn't be surprising if Higley did one.  For me, ABC soaps did those into the ground and in every case it did nothing but ruin characters and create bitterness in the fans.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 3
(edited)

Yes to all of the above.  Both writers generally suck, though every once in awhile they hit upon a good idea that really works - Deimos, Ciara/Theo, Teresa's redemption, Nicole/Teresa and the revival of Basic Black, JJ as a cop, JJ/Gabi, and Hernadi more interesting than Rafe (sorry GG).  I enjoyed John's parentage story but know I'm way out in the weeds alone on that one.  :-)

I sincerely hope that baby switches have become verboten, but it wouldn't be surprising if Higley did one.  For me, ABC soaps did those into the ground and in every case it did nothing but ruin characters and create bitterness in the fans.

Yeah I don't know about Theresa's redemption. You might like it and I may like it but I think generally it's kind of a mixed bag. Many people have liked it but there's also just as many people that have hated it because some feel that it basically got rushed and even some people have claimed that Theresa's become boring and watered down because of it. Not to mention that some people feel that Theresa was only redeemed just to pair her up with Brady and that has caused a lot of resentment. I also get the impression that some people believe that Brady got ruined because of Theresa, (which I personally think is utter bullcrap because Brady got ruined as a character long before Theresa, but whatever...). I don't know... I won't be surprised if Higley undoes Theresa's redemption and we see her terrorizing Brady & his family again after they get married, (and that's a big IF on the wedding). And who knows? Maybe Tate may wind up dead because of her and Theresa may be sent away to the funny farm for years to come just like Abby. 

I won't be surprised if Jen Lilley leaves sometime next year because maybe she's just tired of getting garbage writing year after year and I feel that perhaps she may want to move on to her music career anyway, even if she does continue to act. I figured that with her Christmas album being number one now it's probably a matter of time before she may be planning for a life post Days. Besides, I'm sure most of the general audience is just tired of Theresa and want her gone period and I think they may finally get their wish come next year.

And I'm starting to wish that Jen Lilley had never left Youthful Daze. She had it better on that show. Days just doesn't care period. They probably think she's a crappy garbage actress who can't handle heavy material and that's why she constantly gets shoved over for people like Kate Mansi. Maybe she would've been a big prime time star by now instead of a C-lister or D-lister star who continually gets shafted by writing regimes. Maybe it's a good thing she's such a team player because if I were in her shoes, I'd be pretty pissed right now for getting constantly fucked over by lame ass writers and I'd be planning to bolt from my contract the first chance I get. 

And I think the Basic Black story could've worked but apparently Dena thought having Brady magically transform into Daniel because of his heart and having dreams of Nicole and having Theresa shake in her boots over them was more entertaining. Honestly I think Kate being an uber bitch kind of ruined the story but it could've been great if Dena stuck with it. 

And J.J. & Gabi as a couple hasn't really caught on because they never had much screentime to begin with and whenever J.J.'s on anymore it's to basically prop Abby & Chad. And honestly I don't know if J.J. as a cop really has worked in the long run. I like J.J. being more mature, self-assured and responsible now but they really rushed through the transition of him becoming a cop and they got rid of all of the necessary beats that is required for us to care about him becoming a cop.

Not only that but he's nothing more than a random stock cop and they pretty much got rid of his personality, which sucks since J.J. was one of the more better developed characters under Tomsell and to see him being reduced to nothing more than a prop is pretty tragic to watch. Honestly, he should've just become a musician and teamed up with Claire to form a band. Probably would've made for a more interesting storyline. Maybe Theresa can join that band too if her fashion career ever falls apart, which it might sooner or later. 

What is sad is that a lot of those ideas actually could've worked out well but by the time Griffley came on board there wasn't much time to flesh out these stories and they had to do something drastic to save the show from cancellation. So maybe if the show wasn't in such dire straits by the time of Tomsell's departure, maybe things would've been different. 

And as for being a possibility of a baby switch story, if I can recall correctly that was probably Higley's most successful story and with Theresa now being the next gen Sami, I won't be surprised if she's involved with one with maybe Gabi or Nicole. I read somewhere that Higley wants Nicole to become a mom so maybe she may find a way to do it. 

Edited by Braniac Woman
  • Love 2

I live in a soap-insulated world so it's always surprising to hear what else goes on out there, i.e., that there are people who think KM is a great actor, that people don't like Jen Lilley, etc. 

Anyway, I think Jen Lilley loves acting as much as singing.  Why would she give up one career when she can have both?  While I'm one who thinks Teresa needed some redemption (though I never really held it against her for smacking John in the noggin with the poker - he was being such an ass to her), I think they've gone too far in the safe and boring direction.  She needs an edge ... but I'd really, really hate it if they turned into a psycho-stalker. 

• Love 2