Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

This week's in Depth

10f4bv7.png

Oh for fuck's sake! This better not be another love interest for Brady. I've had enough of Brady revolving door love life. He is rivaling Dan, with the exception that Brady claims to be in 'love' with all his ladies. He has had more love interests than his character deserves. 

• Love 5

I think she is Rafe's sister. I've heard rumors of the show toying (or threatening) with the expansion of the Hernandez family since Rafe was 1st introduced, now it looks like they went ahead and did it. I don't mind Gabby. Not all that interested in her, but I don't mind her and her pretty, pretty hair. A Martinez is coasting on the fumes of my general affection for him, but can't say that he or his Mennonite facial hair are lighting my world on fire. 

I'm not excited or that interested in a possible Freddie return. I always found his acting very flat and his delivery monotone (nuCiara is a baby Freddie to me), but I never disliked him or anything. Just never understood the big whoop over him. Typical, MMV I guess. Nerium must not be selling well. 

Frankly, if the idea behind this is just to put him with Paul, double boo. I wish they would bring in some new blood. I would love, love love if the show brought in a gay powerful, rich, business tycon baddie or better yet gray character. Along the lines of an old school EJ before they messed him up. The show suffers from making their gay characters one dimensional and boring so I would love a gay power broker (which has never been done in soaps as far as I know) with some less than stellar morals.

I thought Sparkles initial intro was decent and the constant is he good/bad; honest/lying; earnest/manipulative was great and made for some interesting discussions on here. Then they made him so sweet that the mere sight of him could put you in a diabetic coma and I was so over him.

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 5

Frankly, if the idea behind this is just to put him with Paul, double boo. I wish they would bring in some new blood. I would love, love love if the show brought in a gay powerful, rich, business tycon baddie or better yet gray character. Along the lines of an old school EJ before they messed him up. The show suffers from making their gay characters one dimensional and boring so I would love a gay power broker (which has never been done in soaps as far as I know) with some less than stellar morals.

I mean, I guess they were trying to make Will into more of a gray schemer, but, uh, they did a pretty horrible job of it.

But yeah, I am all for that type of gay character, which really has not been seen in daytime, as you said.  I know on OLTL, I wanted the show to do more with the contrast in Fish and Kyle's personalities, with Fish being very by-the-book and Kyle being more morally flexible.

• Love 2

NBC wants Days to go back to a traditional film schedule.

"They [NBC] want the show to go back to taping closer to air," says one insider. "The current production model doesn't really give NBC the chance to make notes, or for DAYS to fix story and casting issues that might impact ratings."

"The problem is, " relays another mole. "Going to a more cost effective production model is what saved DAYS."

http://daytimeconfidential.com/2016/02/09/source-nbc-wants-days-to-go-back-to-old-production-model

• Love 1

1. I think she is Rafe's sister. 

2. I'm not excited or that interested in a possible Freddie return. I always found his acting very flat and his delivery monotone

3.  new blood. I would love, love love if the show brought in a gay powerful, rich, business tycon baddie or better yet gray character. 

1. Okay, thank you.

2. I completely agree (sorry, Isa...more for you, my friend).

3. Someone like Reid from GL...not an asshole like that but a businessman who is gay...can track in the Dimera/Kiriakis world and/or Basic Black, etc.... They're all in fashion and when Will came out everyone thought Lucas had never met a gay guy before. Really? He's in publishing and his mother ran several successful fashion mags, etc...

That never rang true for me.

• Love 3

Sonny could have been that way..He is a Johnson/Kiriakis and he should be a grey character and not so saintly...He should have gone dark, when Will's affair with Paul was revealed...Sonny scheming against Paul and Will would have been a thing of beauty. He could have been convinced that Paul set out to seduce Will to get back at him. Justin went dark for a bit, after he found out that Adrienne was having an affair with Emilio.. I remember Justin had a beard to signify that he had embraced his Kiriakis roots...

• Love 3

I mean, I guess they were trying to make Will into more of a gray schemer, but, uh, they did a pretty horrible job of it.

But yeah, I am all for that type of gay character, which really has not been seen in daytime, as you said.  I know on OLTL, I wanted the show to do more with the contrast in Fish and Kyle's personalities, with Fish being very by-the-book and Kyle being more morally flexible.

I don't really think they tried to make Will a grey character. I think they had him do a bunch of stupid shit so Sparkle would look more appealing and they repeatedly threw in "He's just like Sami!!!!" to explain his behavior.

• Love 7

NBC wants Days to go back to a traditional film schedule.

"They [NBC] want the show to go back to taping closer to air," says one insider. "The current production model doesn't really give NBC the chance to make notes, or for DAYS to fix story and casting issues that might impact ratings."

http://daytimeconfidential.com/2016/02/09/source-nbc-wants-days-to-go-back-to-old-production-model

I maybe one of the few who never really had an issue with Days filming so far in advance, mainly because of the highlighted. With the 6 months ahead filming, for better or worse, the writers have written a story with a beginning, middle and possibly an end. I just think there is more potential for mess and just general whiplash nonsensical story when the writers react to the numbers and what a few (or what may be perceived as many) online fans and commentators are saying. I mean seriously, if they can't tell if something they wrote isn't working or a new hire can't act for shit/has zero chemistry with the cast based on the dailys they ought to be viewing on a semi-regular basis, they have no business being writers. Looking at you Higleyl.  Don't get me wrong, the writers should be penning stories audiences want to watch and ratings are an important gauge to find out what is or isn't working but I fear the very real possibility of the audience co-writing story, fanbase wars, etc. I just don't like when writers cater or kiss fans ass without regard to character development or history. We already have the show disregarding history but shorter time between filming and air may make it worse. YMMV. 

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 1

I maybe one of the few who never really had an issue with Days filming so far in advance, mainly because of the highlighted. With the 6 months ahead filming, for better or worse, the writers have written a story with a beginning, middle and possibly an end. I just think there is more potential for mess and just general whiplash nonsensical story when the writers react to the numbers and what a few (or what may be perceived as many) online fans and commentators are saying. I mean seriously, if they can't tell if something they wrote isn't working or a new hire can't act for shit/has zero chemistry with the cast based on the dailys they ought to be viewing on a semi-regular basis, they have no business being writers. Looking at you Higleyl. Don't get me wrong, the writers should be penning stories audiences want to watch and ratings are an important gauge to find out what is or isn't working but I fear the very real possibility of the audience co-writing story, fanbase wars, etc. I just don't like when writers cater or kiss fans ass without regard to character development or history. We already have the show disregarding history but shorter time between filming and air may make it worse. YMMV.

Something is going on at that set the producers and writers aren't seeing eye to eye on. Because several spoilers were reported about what would be aired and never got aired on tv.

-Jason Cook's Shawn-D going off on Belle at the Brady Pub didnt air.

-Nicole going off on Jennifer didn't air.

-Rafe and Hope were suppose to kiss a few weeks ago and it didn't air. An article I posted from About.com a few weeks claimed the show wanted "respect the Bope memory a bit longer before they transaction Hope into a new romance."

And this is coming from the show that films 6 months ahead of schedule.

If and when the new production model comes into play and when they hopefully reach a deal, we probably won't see the new production model until the end of the year or they might reshoot somethings to tweak certain storylines.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 2

Am I crazy or is the issue more about the quality of the writing then the filming schedule? I think it's perfectly reasonable to want to film closer to the air date, but if you have capable people steering the stories then it shouldn't really be making any difference...

The real problem is, and has been for quite a while, the writing. They just don't take the temperature of their audience very well or write to the strength of the performers.

A character like Lucas for example has shown himself to be very viable who can portray a wide range of emotions, but he's consistently absent from the show or mired down in a plot that doesn't make much sense, aka the romance with Adrienne. And then they take a character like Abigail, who can't cry or emote if her life depended on it, and make her the victim of a serial killer and expect her to be able to pull that off. Ideally, they should do the opposite and keep Abigail in more lightweight upbeat romantic stories, while putting Lucas in more dramatic meaty plots.

They should also make sure that the writers aren't recycling old stories or just playing to their favorites, but that should go without saying.

I'm just fed up of viewers like us having better ideas for how to motivate certain plot points by using existing character histories which the writers seem to forget about on a regular basis, aka the Aiden plot motivating Hope's murder of Stefano.

• Love 8

She is pretty but damn is that dress fugly.  Hopefully that won't be one of Theresa's designs or the WWDJD clothing line is doomed.

I'd love to see a powerful, badass businessman who is gay character.  I'd also love to see a bi-sexual character and don't understand why have soaps ignored bi people for so long. 

• Love 5

I'd love to see a powerful, badass businessman who is gay character. I'd also love to see a bi-sexual character and don't understand why have soaps ignored bi people for so long.

Santa Barbara had one for an episode or two then he was killed off.

Edited by BlackMamba

Someone like Reid from GL...

ATWT, wasn't it? I will confess to being a big Reid/LuRe fan.

Sonny could have been that way..He is a Johnson/Kiriakis and he should be a grey character and not so saintly.

This, so much. Considering how many interesting grey characters this show used to have, they sure have lost the ability to write them now. It's true for all the soaps, actually - you don't see characters anymore like Reid or OLTL's Kyle, both of whom were capable of doing not so great things while still being sympathetic and rootable.

And now I want to go find clips on YouTube.

As for on topic posting, I have to confess that there are no spoilers that interest me in any way. TIIC have made Stephen Nichols unwatchable, which is no easy feat. If it weren't for Vincent Irizarry, I'd be long gone. Sad.

Edited by Maelstrom
  • Love 6

As for on topic posting, I have to confess that there are no spoilers that interest me in any way. TIIC have made Stephen Nichols unwatchable, which is no easy feat. If it weren't for Vincent Irizarry, I'd be long gone. Sad.

I'm keeping up with the show via you guys for the same reason. I came back for the 59th Anniversary, Bo's return and the return of Steve and have been disappointed on all three counts. This says nothing of the pointless Abbyprop serial killer thing, the ruination of Eric, the disgraceful treatment of JM as Stefano, the never-ending Taniel prop, etc, etc.

At this point, I just want Kayla to permanently kick Steve out of her life and ship her nitwit of a son off as she planned to before Steve interfered. I am waiting for the current Steve and Kayla storyline to be over so I can start rewatching for VI. Steve and Kayla have been ruined for me and I'm over him and his involvement damaging and emotionally abusive presence in Kayla's life. All these years later and I still haven't gotten my love for Jennifer back after what she did to Jack during the initial stage of the Taniel prop. Some damage just can't be undone. Steve and Kayla were my all-time favorite and now the thought of Kayla being saddled with Steve is too much, but I know the show will never allow her to exist outside of Steve's orbit and find a man who is actually worthy of her.

• Love 5

I was joshing...but wouldn't it be refreshing if she was?

Totally. It would be wonderful.

1. ATWT, wasn't it? I will confess to being a big Reid/LuRe fan.

2. This, so much. Considering how many interesting grey characters this show used to have, they sure have lost the ability to write them now. It's true for all the soaps, actually - you don't see characters anymore like Reid or OLTL's Kyle, both of whom were capable of doing not so great things while still being sympathetic and rootable.

3. And now I want to go find clips on YouTube.

4. As for on topic posting, I have to confess that there are no spoilers that interest me in any way. TIIC have made Stephen Nichols unwatchable, which is no easy feat. If it weren't for Vincent Irizarry, I'd be long gone. Sad.

1. Yes. Sorry, ATWT. My rage is strong.

2. I would prefer that for Sonny as opposed to Sonny Poppins. He's boring. Bring out a bit of the Kiriakis/Johnson. Don't go full throttle Demios or Victor but still...grey.

3. Good luck. Ana had hers up recently but she just got warning #2 so they'll be deleted soon. Sony/Days really does not want us to relive better days. Maybe they think that we'll drink the sand b/c we can't remember there used to be water there.

4. I am simultaneously bored and disgusted/grossed out by Steve/Ava storyline. 

• Love 6

Who the hell does it hurt if its vintage clips or montages videos? The show runners don't sell DVDs. If anything it gets promotion and attention to the show. And don't say residuals lost. They never rerun episodes or syndicate them & I doubt that is even written in contracts.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 9

Copyright stuff, I guess.

Honestly, the only reason I started watching again was b/c of WilSon clips on YouTube. I was watching QaF and they suggested someone's clips. I was hooked then started watching a bit (where I had to watch commercials before , etc... so they got money). I"m not watching at all now but only reading recaps (non revenue generating for DOOL). 

They are stupid if they keep doing this.

• Love 4

Who the hell does it hurt if its vintage clips or montages videos? The show runners don't sell DVDs. If anything it gets promotion and attention to the show. And don't say residuals lost. They never rerun episodes or syndicate them & I doubt that is even written in contracts.

Exactly! They could put money into the show that way too. Think if Meng, Corday and Sony actually thought of "Hmm, let's do a supercouple box set of Jarlena, Bope, Stayla, Ejami, J&J etc" and "The greatest heroines, bitches, storylines and adventures box sets"

Bold and the Beautiful right now has the first season of it's best episodes on DVD on Amazon! What do think Bradley Bell is doing with that money?? He's putting it back into show to stay beautiful and glamorous that's what! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009ZVPFUK/ref=cm_sw_r_other_awd_XrmVwbD9JDFBM

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 6

Oh brother, this show is rapidly turning into Beverly Hills 90210 without the good storylines:

http://soaps.sheknows.com/days-of-our-lives/comings-and-goings/1105/paige-searcy-to-days-of-our-lives-as-love-interest

This may be unpopular, but I don't like the teen set and really don't want to see the show overtaken by them, but it seems they'll be focusing on them more and more.

I wouldn't have a problem with the teens if they were half way decent actors. God knows the last blast crew were not excellent actors in their first few years and they ate the show under Tom Langan but at least they were entertaining. This girl who plays Ciara still isnt working for me. She's slightly getting better but I just hold high expectations since the character was birthed by Bo/Hope and right now the character isn't what I envisioned from Little Ciara which who was more like her mother than teen Ciara. The only thing that teen Ciara has is anything like her mother is she looks like her. The only ones that seems to have potential are Joey and Theo. Chase is getting better. Claire could be recasted too. I still don't like the teens had to be ultimately be thrusted front and center and teens who watch the show arent home. The show could had waited til mid spring and start of summer to give them a storyline. Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 3

I was lurking over on the Daytime Royalty forums, and they started talking about how it was good that the renewal wasn't announced next week in the middle of a certain storyline. 

There was a lot of vagueness, and speculation, then someone new signed up and posted a spoiler, which the mods have not deleted.  It's pretty horrible, if it is true:  Chase rapes Ciara.

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Of course these idiot writers would go there. Aiden was *bad* so of course Chase has to follow in his footsteps. I guess we'll be hearing "He's just like his father!!!!!" ala Will and Sami. I really liked how Hope never had any hesitation about taking Chase in and raising him like one of her own despite what happened with Aiden. Now Hope is going to regret letting either one of them into her and Ciara's life.

Why is this show obsessed with rape and sexual coercion? 

• Love 7