Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

*awaits announcement that Will isn't dead*

The only Will I know is Guy Wilson's Will and he was written so badly from the time I started re-watching (July 2014) that I really hated Will.  I do think if was wrong though to kill off the character, so I'm on board with bringing him back to life.

• Love 2

The only Will I know is Guy Wilson's Will and he was written so badly from the time I started re-watching (July 2014) that I really hated Will.  I do think if was wrong though to kill off the character, so I'm on board with bringing him back to life.

CM was amazing as Will. If it's true and written well, you will finally see why Will was such a beloved character.

If true, I'm curious how they're going to pull this off in a way that actually works. I said it at the time -- if you don't like GW's portrayal, write the character and/or actor off the show, don't kill off a viable character.

• Love 3

If Andre wants Chad to help him he should kidnap that girl and use her as leverage and then kill her once the charges have been dropped.

You know what your comment got me thinking again. If Chad won't help him, over/under that thirsty, annoying Lani will. If Rafe/Hope ever get caught talking too much about their dirt that nosey girl will be happy to assist Andre. Mhmm.

• Love 4

If CM came back I would completely ignore the absurdity of bringing Will back from the dead. He was amazing and made Will a special character.

And he was soooooo pretty.  If I could have CM, Freddie and my beloved Sparkle on screen a couple of times a week I wouldn't care if they killed off everybody else in town. 

This scrambling is just proving how shitty & foolish the taping schedule is. They have no time or foresight to predict popularity and audience feedback so late in the game they shift gears.

Whose brilliant idea was it to kill Will? If they had written him in a corner (through their own idiocy) they could have simply had him back burned or take a trip. The shows motto must be laugh low, cry later. Of course they made other blunders that they desperately tried to undo recently, since their finger is obviously not on the pulse of the audiences desires. They made this the Abby Fan Club Hour and when she leaves i wonder how they handle that?

• Love 8

I do think that Will got horrible writing since Ken Corday wanted Will to be the new Sami.....Will was never like his mother.  He was always more reactive like Lucas and not as diabolical and purposeful  as Sami...I still maintain that Will in character would have never cheated on Sonny. They should have had Sonny cheat with Paul using that to torment Will about him not being good enough for Sonny. Will could have become self-destructive with drugs and alcohol, dealing with his pain due to Sonny's infidelity...Paul should have been an antagonistic interloper like Emma Donovan was to Kim and Shane...Emma was batshit crazy and made Sami look like a choir boy during her reign of terror....She took pleasure in going after Kim....Paul could have been the same way...For some reason, soap writers are always scared to make minority characters villainous..They always make them one note saints.  Look at Lani, Abe's long lost daughter, she is boring and lifeless..It is a shame because the actress was good at Angie's daughter on All My Children online...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

CM was amazing as Will. If it's true and written well, you will finally see why Will was such a beloved character.

If true, I'm curious how they're going to pull this off in a way that actually works. I said it at the time -- if you don't like GW's portrayal, write the character and/or actor off the show, don't kill off a viable character.

This is just a random thought, but maybe bringing back Ben will also play into Will's return as well. Maybe they will reveal that Will faked his being choked completely and that Ben was too crazy to notice he was still breathing...

Or maybe they will make it so that Ben smuggled his body or something stupid...you never know but there could be a connection there.

• Love 4

This scrambling is just proving how shitty & foolish the taping schedule is. They have no time or foresight to predict popularity and audience feedback so late in the game they shift gears.

Whose brilliant idea was it to kill Will? If they had written him in a corner (through their own idiocy) they could have simply had him back burned or take a trip. The shows motto must be laugh low, cry later. Of course they made other blunders that they desperately tried to undo recently, since their finger is obviously not on the pulse of the audiences desires. They made this the Abby Fan Club Hour and when she leaves i wonder how they handle that?

A few theories come to mind

Theory/Idea 1:

I think it might had been Griffith to kill certain characters and Meng or Alarr signed off on it and probably Corday stupid self got off the golf course long enough to see what was happening and freaked. Then it could had been Higley who wanted to go on a kill spree. She's always wanted to write or at least mimick James Reilly but she doesn't have the creativity or calibre for it.

Anyhow, this is giving me possible "New Salem" vibes how the show killed off most of the characters and put them in an alternative universe. I personally liked the Salem Stalker stuff some of characters could had stayed dead (ie Roman played Josh Taylor) he wouldn't had been missed by me. Nevertheless, don't be surprised if we have some St Elsewhere shit happen and all this dark, dream escapes and psychic dribble storytelling is a fragment of Ben's mental state while he's at the nuthouse which would tie him breaking out of the hospital like Michael Myers. Or we could be in for Dallas where Hope has had the longest dream ever since being choked out by Aiden (he too might at the sanatorium with Ben)/Bo dying and she wakes up screaming on her living room sofa. That could be how The Three Stooges of Corday, Meng and Alarr will get out of their "mess".

Theory/Idea 2:

They might do a body switch storyline with Will. They'll say Ben "killed" him but Andre might have kept him in Aremid-land as hostage so he can still get his money from Samantha. It would be some fair trade story.

Plus, with the all out love obsession for Mansi/The Abifail character it's probably why the show is a hot mess now. When she quit, the producers might had panicked. They might had to find the "contingency plan" by bringing back Sonny and maybe Will too.

SEE WHY EXECUTIVE PRODUCERS AND WRITERS WHY YOU DON'T WRITE THE SHOW AROUND ONE CHARACTER ONCE YOU GET A HOT NUT FOR AN ACTRESS OR ACTOR. NOW DAYS HAS TO ADJUST ALL THEIR STORIES BECAUSE SHE'S GOING. ALL FOUR SOAPS NEED TO STOP DOING THIS.

Reminds me of Tom Pelphrey from GL how they wrote the show around him based off his and the character's popularity, he left and that show never recovered.

Anyways that's the best I could come up with at the moment.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 3

February 22-26 Spoilers

Monday, February 22, 2016

Brady leaps into action in hopes of saving Summer from drowning.

Joey rips into his father when Steve admits he slept with Ava.

Hope is concerned when she catches Ciara acting out with Theo.

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Ava finds a new way to cause trouble for Kayla.

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Andre helps Chase disappear.

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Belle’s gift to Claire backfires.

Philip delivers important information to Deimos.

Ciara tries to forget her problems by attending a rave, unaware she’s being spied on.

Friday, February 26, 2016

Chad is shaken by Rafe’s news.

Hope’s world is turned upside down by an anonymous call.

Salem is hit with a shocking murder!

• Love 1

Sooo there are rumors Rebecca Herbst might be Abifail. Maybe Billy Flynn has influenced her to come to Days. Good for him. He probably will have an actress who can act and not prop up.

2it6kut.png

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 4

Sooo there are rumors Rebecca Herbst might be Abifail. Maybe Billy Flynn has influenced her to come to Days. Good for him. He probably will have an actress who can act and not prop up. k0q2ps.png

Isn't she too old, though?

• Love 2

Hope is concerned when she catches Ciara acting out with Theo.

Andre helps Chase disappear.

Oh no...please don't tell me that rumor was true.

There's absolutely no reason to recast Failure. Just shoot her in the head and lets move on.

• Love 3

Abigail doesn't need to be replaced. The character is a boring black hole of suck and BH deserves better.

One can assume maybe Abifail will have a fake death come May then by Fall Sweeps Herbst can take over the role and maybe the writers can polish the character off to give her depth. I still want her as Mimi though.

There's absolutely no reason to recast Failure. Just shoot her in the head and lets move on.

*cries* Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 1

Sooo there are rumors Rebecca Herbst might be Abifail. Maybe Billy Flynn has influenced her to come to Days. Good for him. He probably will have an actress who can act and not prop up.

2it6kut.png

First, the shallow--Holy Mother of all that is HOLY, but that picture of KM is seriously unattractive!  DAMN!!  And second, Herbst is older than Mansi but I have no doubt that if she were given the chance she could make Abby into a sympathetic and rootable heroine.  Plus, RH is very beautiful and she and BF's Chad would look lovely together.

• Love 6

Days can't not have a murder every month.

LOL.. they been killing people since August... it's the new Edge of Night as far the show is concern. I will say while people haven't liked all the death least some unlikable have been killed off. Daniel being one of them.

Besides this will be a death many viewers will approve of. Plus we've known Ava's stay wouldn't be long since the rumors indicted TB only was brought in for a 3-6 month storyline for Stayla to give them some conflict. Too bad Higgles totally wasted her this go around.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 2

The issue isn't whether TB is short term, but rather how she ends her run. If she just leaves, we already know the story to come -- Nightmare returns at the end of the year with baby in tow; inserts herself back in Kayla's life; Steve guilts Kayla into accepting his hell spawn with the She-Devil. The only question being does She--Devil get killed, with Kayla first being blamed and then guilted into raising hell spawn by Steve, because playing upon Kayla's goodness to absolve him of any culpability in his role of bringing his psycho whores into Kayla's life is part of his MO; or will She-Devil be left on canvass to permanently use hell spawn to torment Kayla with Steve's blessing because he will naturally be oblivious to what is going on.

I for one hope that She-Devil is dead dead when the story ends. No baby in our future and no need for the supposedly dead child to be anything but that.

Higley created the She-Devil character to destroy Steve and Kayla during her last go round, she got fired before she could see her plan through to fruition, she was brought back and immediately decided to do what she wanted to initially. Hopefully the horror show that is Higley is gone for good and along with her, the crap characters and stories she loves so.

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 7

Liz and Failure are markedly similar so I can see why those rumors would start.

I agree with Billy Flynn that its not a sure thing or necessary Abby be recast .

Lmfao if there's a murder mystery around Ava like really would anyone care? She was despised by everyone in Salem and criminals never pay in that town any damn way. Next!

• Love 6

Liz and Failure are markedly similar so I can see why those rumors would start.

I agree with Billy Flynn that its not a sure thing or necessary Abby be recast .

Lmfao if there's a murder mystery around Ava like really would anyone care? She was despised by everyone in Salem and criminals never pay in that town any damn way. Next!

Remember, this is the same show that hyped its last killer storyline with Tags like shocking ramifications (I guess everyone forgetting Will is a shocking result) and a killer whose reveal would set Salem on its ear (No viewer was shocked by the Ben reveal, most called it when predicting the story would be stupid and pointless, and I'm still unclear as to whether anyone in Salem actually knows that Ben, not Aiden was the killer). Based in this, advertising She-Devil's death as shocking makes perfect sense.

The next big tag will be the reveal that a beloved character isn't who we thought he would be -- the character in question will be Joey and that reveal will be that he is dumber than a box of rocks.

• Love 8

Theory/Idea 2:

They might do a body switch storyline with Will. They'll say Ben "killed" him but Andre might have kept him in Aremid-land as hostage so he can still get his money from Samantha. 

I think this is veryclose to how it will play out.  Only I think they will tie it all together with the "miracle cure" that Kristen delivered to bring John from his coma.  That same "cure" is going to be what she injected into Elvis (to bring him alive offscreen).  Both Aiden and Will be part of the Hidden Salem, spirited away at some point, either pre-"death" or maybe as part of the switch.  Andre will be behind all of it, though someone else will have had to "save" Stefano, since Andre can't seem to find him.

To all those who are drooling in anticipation of a CM return, be careful what you ask for.  Though I would hate hate hate it, I can see Real Will somehow back in Salem, but STRAIGHT!  Now that would add some drama. Will as a Cocky Fratboy Bro type.  Message boards will melt.  And it allows Freddie to return to his pyramid schemes in Florida.

• Love 2

One of my Days Facebook pages linked to this article yesterday.  Chandler Massey's FORMER publicist wouldn't confirm or deny that Chandler was returning to Days.  Hmm...

http://www.newnownext.com/is-chandler-massey-returning-to-days-of-our-lives-as-beloved-gay-will-horton/02/2016/?xrs=synd_twitter_nnn

Emphasis mine.

He's trolling for publicity...that's what he does.

I'm not holding my breath for CM to return but if he does/is then I'm on board.

• Love 1

To all those who are drooling in anticipation of a CM return, be careful what you ask for. Though I would hate hate hate it, I can see Real Will somehow back in Salem, but STRAIGHT! Now that would add some drama. Will as a Cocky Fratboy Bro type. Message boards will melt. And it allows Freddie to return to his pyramid schemes in Florida.

YEP!

Hate this Chase storyline.  I felt so sad for him lately.   He is so alone.   Wasn't Claire brought on for him?

there could be an interesting storyline about teen depression in here instead of rape.  Teen Depression is real problem and JMHO really though that's where they were going with Chase.

As someone who lived with someone with depression his running away always rang true to me.

• Love 10

Hate this Chase storyline.  I felt so sad for him lately.   He is so alone.   Wasn't Claire brought on for him?

there could be an interesting storyline about teen depression in here instead of rape.  Teen Depression is real problem and JMHO really though that's where they were going with Chase.

As someone who lived with someone with depression his running away always rang true to me.

But that would take nuanced and creative writing that's not hacky. Higley, et al are not capable of that.

• Love 6

here, here, tribeca! This would be a much better storyline -- but too hard for them to pull off, I'm afraid. 

Edited by Lastwaltz
  • Love 7

A teen depression storyline would have been more interesting and very relatable. So many kids suffer from depression and struggle day by day, especially kids who just dealt with the death of a parent like Chase has.  But no, not DAYS. They have to go for shock value here.

So after todays show does anyone now think/suspect that the upcoming murder will be Chase and not Ava? 

• Love 5
So after todays show does anyone now think/suspect that the upcoming murder will be Chase and not Ava? 

Not sure if I would have thought it on my own, but before I watched today's episode, I saw speculation that "Ciara tells Theo what Chase did to her and Theo kills Chase", so when Theo said if Chase hurts Ciara, he (Theo) would hurt Chase, it seemed more likely that it could happen.   If it is true, they are destroying the lives of half the new teen scene. :(

• Love 2

It can't be Chase even though it would make sense based off today's episode. The reason why I say not him is because Daniel Cosgrove angle. We still dont know what type of drive by in the spring. Will he be ghost, a dobbleganger or some twin. If Theo does do something bad to Chase between now and May Sweeps maybe Chase will be in some kind of long coma Lol.

OR

It could be Victor. There has been rumors for years John Aniston been wanting to go retire and go back to Greece. Sooo...

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 1

Disgusting. They're too young for this storyline...and Days will NOT do it justice for what needs to happen to mirror irl.

Agree. They are too young and the actors, IMO are still too inexperienced in their parts. They are getting better, but not good enough for a storyline like this.   However, my biggest complaint is that I don't think the writers know how to write a decent rape storyline, especially one with teenagers.  

• Love 5

Heh a friend and I were just discussing a little while ago this rumored rape story and she said "maybe it will end up being interesting, remember on OLTL when Todd raped Marty, that made for a fascinating story". My response was "yeah but the huge difference is lets not even compare the actors playing Chase and Ciara to freaking Roger Howarth and Susan Haskell". No matter how well a story is written, if the actors dont have the chops to pull it off it could be a total bust.

• Love 6

Disgusting. They're too young for this storyline...and Days will NOT do it justice for what needs to happen to mirror irl.

Teen rape happens, heck I was a huge fan of Degrassi, 90210 etc. where I don't like it is the angle, Ciara and Chase are step siblings. They shouldn't even remotely be lusting for one another even. If they had to have a teen rape storyline I really wouldn't had mind if it were the new boy they introduced Henry. But it's Chase. Makes my flesh crawl.

Plus it's a prop measure, which is not needed, for Theo and Ciara. Higley, should know Theo and Ciara don't need propping since it's been understood since they were kids they would be a pair in time. So why do this is like ick.

Nevertheless, I do think the actors will do good with the material especially the kid who plays Chase.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 3

It really is.  There are other ways for them to write angst for these teens.  IT IS NOT NECESSARY for them to do this to Ciara and Chase.  This is beyond disappointing.

• Love 4

Heh a friend and I were just discussing a little while ago this rumored rape story and she said "maybe it will end up being interesting, remember on OLTL when Todd raped Marty, that made for a fascinating story". My response was "yeah but the huge difference is lets not even compare the actors playing Chase and Ciara to freaking Roger Howarth and Susan Haskell". No matter how well a story is written, if the actors dont have the chops to pull it off it could be a total bust.

This!!!!!!

• Love 1

Clarification:

I don't mean they couldn't do this story b/c they are too young. I understand that this happens in real life, etc...

My issue is that the actors are too green to do this justice and the writers are plain hacks. I wouldn't trust them to do this story with the sensitivity and gravitas it needs (like they did with Will's coming out).

• Love 3