Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

I couldn’t roll my eyes any harder reading that article about the serial killer and his execution.  Those quotes were just — ugh

I'm cracking up at RSW comparing the scenes to Sean Penn in Dead Man Walking. There's one big difference there - Sean Penn is an incredible actor. Ahem, RSW I like you but you sir are no freaking Sean Penn. And I'm sorry but I can't with this bullshit with Will there and I can only assume we are going to see him getting emotional over his new buddy dying. I'm going to be thinking of Ben brutally strangling Will.

I'm looking forward to the Evan/ Sonny scenes if only because lately Freddie has been killing it. This should be good.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

I'm cracking up at RSW comparing the scenes to Sean Penn in Dead Man Walking. There's one big difference there - Sean Penn is an incredible actor. Ahem, RSW I like you but you sir are no freaking Sean Penn. And I'm sorry but I can't with this bullshit with Will there and I can only assume we are going to see him getting emotional over his new buddy dying. I'm going to be thinking of Ben brutally strangling Will.

Plus, there's the little detail that we've seen this storyline before, on OLTL, back in 2006.  Todd Manning was executed for a crime he didn't commit, we saw him "die" and be brought back to life with all the attendent hysteria surrounding it.

Difference there is, Todd Manning was portrayed by an actor with some real talent, Roger Howarth.  You wouldn't know it now by the horror that is his character on GH, but there was a time when Howarth was terrific.

Oh - Todd wasn't saved by a Ciara type character, he was saved by a detective, John McBain.  On the other hand, both he and Ciara DO have long, greasy locks of hair.....

So this is yet one more stop on a tour of Ron Carlivati's greatest hits, but this time, portrayed by a pretty lackluster cover band.

• Love 8

I stopped watching this crap with the episode when Will was supposed to call Sammi for Mother's Day and Adrienne was taking Sarah to the hospital. I still follow this forum. But with all the spoilers I've seen over the last 2 months, I see I haven't missed anything. And I have 42 more minutes per weekday to do something else. I can't see me going back to DVRing this boatload of crap anytime soon.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, howmanywords said:

I'm looking forward to the Evan/ Sonny scenes if only because lately Freddie has been killing it. This should be good.

Plus, the use of “epic” and describing what Ciara does.  The whole thing was just all around ugh.  Something tells me once their storyline is over, Sonny and Will are going to spend the rest of their time on the show propping those two losers.

• Love 6

Spoilers for the week of March 9th, between soaps.com and DR:

Monday, March 9th:

Marlena tries to talk her way out of Rolf’s procedure; Chad attempts to smother Gabi.

Tuesday, March 10th:

Chad receives orders to kill Kate; Justin confides in Jack his fear about losing Kayla.

Wednesday, March 11th:

To Rafe’s dismay, Evan scores a legal victory; Gina taunts Shawn and Ciara, insisting they will never get their mother back.

Thursday, March 12th:

Will lays into Victor; Rafe and Sonny confront Evan.

Friday, March 13th:

Evan meets up with someone unexpected; Nicole starts to put the pieces together regarding Mickey and Rachel; Kristen asks Eric if she can hold Mickey; Will and Sonny recommit to their marriage.

My guess on the unexpected person Evan/Christian meets up with is Orpheus, but we'll have to wait and see. 👀

• Love 4
13 hours ago, worleybird said:

I stopped watching this crap with the episode when Will was supposed to call Sammi for Mother's Day and Adrienne was taking Sarah to the hospital. I still follow this forum. But with all the spoilers I've seen over the last 2 months, I see I haven't missed anything. And I have 42 more minutes per weekday to do something else. I can't see me going back to DVRing this boatload of crap anytime soon.

Yeah I've been much the same way. Missed the better part of the last two months. It actually takes some effort to tune into the show now, but I do miss Eric and Nicole and Victor and Will and Kate and Gabi so I pop back in every now and again.

I really think for the time being getting through this show requires mentally blocking out 40% to 50% of the stupidity. Marlena crying over Ben's execution really takes the cake.

1 hour ago, QueenSerena said:

Chad attempts to smother Gabi

Wow! That's dark as hell. This couple ain't ever happening again...

If Evan really is Orpheus' son, does that make him one of the babies Marlena had to raise while she was held captive by him?

I really liked Orpheus and the actor and I don't want to see him messed up. I have this sinking feeling he will be.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 4

Chad attempts to smother Gabi

6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Chad is being controlled by Stevano though so it's not like he's doing it of his own free will. Let me continue to hope Ron will ReRon the Stefan/Gabi hate sex with those two dammit!

• Love 4

I could almost wish Princess Gina would hang around if she threw some serious shade at Ciara for not giving two shits about her mother. The only thing she's cared about is making sure she can keep her serial killer  boyfriend's magic wand wrapped  around her legs. 

• Love 4
On 2/28/2020 at 8:15 AM, boes said:

Plus, there's the little detail that we've seen this storyline before, on OLTL, back in 2006.  Todd Manning was executed for a crime he didn't commit, we saw him "die" and be brought back to life with all the attendent hysteria surrounding it.

Difference there is, Todd Manning was portrayed by an actor with some real talent, Roger Howarth.  You wouldn't know it now by the horror that is his character on GH, but there was a time when Howarth was terrific.

Pretty sure that his execution was played at the time by Trevor St John as Todd. Roger was gone at that time & didn't return til 2011 and then they had the whole twins/brainwashed etc etc storyline.😣

Totally agree with you that there was a time that Howarth was amazing as Todd Manning.

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, RedRockRosie said:

Pretty sure that his execution was played at the time by Trevor St John as Todd. Roger was gone at that time & didn't return til 2011 and then they had the whole twins/brainwashed etc etc storyline.😣

Totally agree with you that there was a time that Howarth was amazing as Todd Manning.

You're right, it was TSJ.  Confusing my Todds again!

• Love 3

I also wanted to add that Todd was always an outsider in LLanview, he was always hated by the majority of the residents in the town despite the fact that he was revealed to be Viki's brother the town heroine. I always hated that affiliation to be honest. Viki seemed to be putting Todd before her kids.   Todd's many victims never worshiped him like Marlena and Will regarding Ben. Todd for all his flaws was never a psychopath like Ben.  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, QueenSerena said:

Chad attempts to smother Gabi.

He won't succeed. Damnit, Brainwashed!Chad, you had one job!

To Rafe’s dismay, Evan scores a legal victory;

Why is he shocked? This is Salem. All the criminals are getting off. Why do they even bother with a police department at this point?

Will lays into Victor

It's about time! I almost had a rage blackout watching yesterday's episode with Will and Sonny talking about Victor so innocuously, as if he didn't destroy their lives and their daughter's life.

Gina taunts Shawn and Ciara, insisting they will never get their mother back.

I'm sure I'm going to be expected to be moved by Ciara's "pain." But considering she hasn't given two shits about what's going on in her mother's life for ages now, I won't be able to muster up any sympathy for her.

My guess on the unexpected person Evan/Christian meets up with is Orpheus, but we'll have to wait and see.

Who is Orpheus? 

11 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I have no interest in a Chad/Gabi pairing, but this is a modern day soap, a brainwashed Chad trying to smother her is a drop in the bucket. Even if he wasn't brainwashed it wouldn't be an obstacle to them getting together. On this same soap, EJ raped Sami, facilitated her rape by the Rafe impostor, and she shot him in the head, and we're still supposed to swallow them as the truest love in history. Gabi calls Stefan the love of her life after he had her sent to prison. She's forgiven worse.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Who is Orpheus?

He's a big time villain who originally aired during the '80s, and made his last appearance back in 2016. He left after being killed (well, apparently "killed") when Steve shot him, following his, Xander & Clyde's collective escape from prison and following siege on Salem. Back in the '80s, he kidnapped Marlena and made her play mother to his children after Roman had accidentally shot and killed Orpheus's wife. That's the event that made Orpheus turn, seeking revenge on Roman and eventually Salem and the ISA.

What might come into play here is that he has two children, including one son, as well as a grandson. I suspect that Evan is Orpheus's son or grandson, mainly because Orpheus is set to show up again (and apparently fairly soon) on screen.

There's more complete info on him here: https://daysofourlives.fandom.com/wiki/Orpheus

Additionally, TV Guide filled in the blanks on the rest of the spoilers for the week of March 9th:

WeekOf3-9Complete.jpg

Edited by QueenSerena
  • Love 2

S O D spoilers for the week of March 16th:

Xander takes Sarah out for a night of romance; Rafe sees a familiar face; Nicole gets closer to the truth; Kayla preps Hope for surgery.

For next week:

ESZw0LWU0AENbKN.jpg

ESZw0LWUwAA6hec.jpg

(The What Will Happen section used to be for Friday of the current week and the following Monday, but these seem like they could happen throughout next week. Okay, on to more below...)

89354541_508039816579201_534763863751104

More to come tomorrow. 🙂

• Love 3

I'm sorry that these are all trickling out slowly, and I'm creating a bunch of new posts as a result, but TV Guide posted all but Monday for the week of 3/16's spoilers this afternoon (so I'll probably just add the promo to this post as a result, just a heads up):

WeekOf3-16Part1.jpg

• Love 2
(edited)

@Silver Raven It sure seems that way from the way that spoiler is worded. It might be interesting to note that Clyde, Xander and Orpheus all broke out of prison together back in the fall of 2016. Clyde and Orpheus seemed to have gotten close back then.

And, as promised, next week's promo:

Edit - Here are the spoilers for Monday 3/16:

Nicole reels as she realizes Mackenzie could be Brady and Kristen's child; Xander proposes to Sarah!; Evan conspires to keep David; John questions Kristen about Stefano.

Edited by QueenSerena
  • Love 2
(edited)

Just saw a promo video on the show's Facebook page. It shows Brady and Nicole on the Verge of putting 2 and 2 together regarding baby McKenzie being psycho Kristen's kid. 

Anyway,You telling me after all these months , Sarah never noticed the baby had a birthmark on the neck ? Even though Sarah has been barthing the baby and dressing the baby everyday ?

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 5

So.. with Nicole figuring out the answer.  Will Eric:
1) Hate Xander - of course
2) Revive his self-righteous yelling at Nicole for ... whatever reason he comes up with
3) THANK Nicole because he was not as close to Mickey
4) Fade into the woodwork, this is Lindsey Godfrey's Emmy story, not his.

1 is a guarantee.  But I don't know about the rest.  And even though he hates Kristen, I think he won't put up a fuss.  Neither will Sarah.  Sarah will mentally collapse but she won't try to resist them taking Mickey (nee Rachel) away.

*shakes head*  My poor Xarah ship.  Taking on more holes than the show's plot.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

If they have Nicole find out a huge Eric related secret and then not tell him for months again, I just. Give 👏 them 👏 another 👏 fucking 👏 story!

This is why I don't care for Ericole... its why I tend to hate the bad girl/good guy trope on this show. Its usually the same story. Good guy falls for bad girl. Good guy knows bad girl does bad things. Good guy wants bad girl to be a good person and tries to change her. Good guy gets shocked and judgmental that bad girl does bad things to him. Bad girl begs for forgiveness. Good guy takes her back expecting things to be different. Bad girl still does bad things. Rinse repeat. 

Its one thing for Eric to react this way say a couple decades ago but after all this time he'll be surprised she does bad things.. yet again.

I always preferred Nicole's other relationships she doesn't have to stifle herself around them and they had different storylines. With Eric its the opposite... either give them a different story entirely or just bust them up for good so Nicole can go back to the snarky chick she was meant to be.

• Love 2

I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really don't want Nicole keeping another huge secret from Eric.

REALLY.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Early spoilers from S O D for the week of March 23rd:

Ben is released from prison; Maggie says goodbye to Victor; Hope learns more about her missing months; Hattie confronts Roman.

And selfishly, I'm sooooooo happy Ari will be seen again on Wednesday the 11th:

• Love 2

That is absolutely not selfish! It's long overdue. I just hope she gets a scene with Gabi FFS.

If they try to make this into a "Ben and Clyde aren't nearly as bad as Evan and Orpheus" comparison, my head will explode.

I like Orpheus, and I like the actor who plays Evan, but Evan looks way too young to be Orpheus' kid who Marlena was raising in the late 80s/early 90s. He should be well into his mid-thirties right?

When is Bonnie coming back?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I just hope she gets a scene with Gabi FFS.

Ugh, right! I feel like she won't though.

Evan tells Rafe & Sonny that his confession to killing Jordan was thrown out

Good, it should be lol.

2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

If they try to make this into a "Ben and Clyde aren't nearly as bad as Evan and Orpheus" comparison, my head will explode.

If they do this (and they totally will) it will have the opposite effect on me. Hell, I already like Evan much more than I do Ben lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

1. It's ABOUT TIME Rafe got some backup.
2. The confession is totally inadmissible, but Evan also pulled a gun on Sonny, threatened Will, and is clearly David's father.  I don't see him getting David.  But... this is Salem.
3. Meh Orpheus.  I feel like this is temporary appearance.
4. Ari needs to start her own damn "Go Fund Me" for therapy bills.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

It would make more sense for Evan to be Orpheus's grandson instead of son but there I go trying to make sense of this show.

Just because he isn't in the right age bracket for the child we know about, why couldn't Orpheus have had another son we've never heard about?  Every OTHER man in Salem has an unknown child (sometimes several) show up, why not Orpheus?

• Love 7
11 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Just because he isn't in the right age bracket for the child we know about, why couldn't Orpheus have had another son we've never heard about?  Every OTHER man in Salem has an unknown child (sometimes several) show up, why not Orpheus?

Yea, this is just what I assume, that he's another, younger child of Orpheus.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Sure but I would've liked the show to be original for once. Plus I think at a certain point these characters should stop having long lost kids and just have long lost grandkids or have the younger characters have a long lost kid. Orpheus having a kid isn't totally awful compared to say Stefano who had all these long lost kids but Tony, Peter etc couldn't have any long lost kids of their own that would make it more plausible.

I think at a certain age some storylines should be retired same with Jarlena where Marlena is trying to be killed by someone usually fixated on John and he has to save her that was fine 25-30 years ago but let other characters have that storyline where it doesn't seem so laughable.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I think at a certain age some storylines should be retired same with Jarlena where Marlena is trying to be killed by someone usually fixated on John and he has to save her that was fine 25-30 years ago but let other characters have that storyline where it doesn't seem so laughable.

Yes, and as Suzanne Rogers has shown with Maggie, the older characters do not have to be relegated to playing supportive roles only.  They can still have drama and intrigue.  The show just needs to cool it with the high school romances and the geezer wannabe action heroes.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Yes, and as Suzanne Rogers has shown with Maggie, the older characters do not have to be relegated to playing supportive roles only.  They can still have drama and intrigue.  The show just needs to cool it with the high school romances and the geezer wannabe action heroes.

What high school romances?  There are no high schoolers on the show, and there really needs to be.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

What high school romances?  There are no high schoolers on the show, and there really needs to be.

Sorry, I wasn't clear.  I meant when the older people act like they are still in high school with nothing better to do than break up other couples.  Stevano, Gina, Diana Colville, Eve, Ava Vitale, etc.  There ARE other plots than romantic entanglements.

• Love 4
On 3/10/2020 at 8:01 PM, QueenSerena said:

Early spoilers from S O D for the week of March 23rd:

Ben is released from prison; Maggie says goodbye to Victor; Hope learns more about her missing months; Hattie confronts Roman.

And selfishly, I'm sooooooo happy Ari will be seen again on Wednesday the 11th:

More Horse manure from a rubbish writer. Orpheus's son and daughter are the peers of Sami and Eric . Brock Kelly is too young.

Perhaps Orpheus should be the grandson of Evan. That would be better. Didn't Orphues tell his goons and Marlena that his own kids disowned him? He also pointed out that his daughter has a son . why couldn't Brock Kelly be the grandson ? Why would a guy raided by his mum even wish to meet up with Orpheus when Orpheus's kids hate him ? 

Brent Forster ,who played Vivian's faux son ,Quinn Hudson should have been Orpheus's son. Sarah Brown ,who played Madison James, should have been Orpheus's daughter. Both actors are peers of Allison Sweeney .

why can't Evan be the son of Eugene and Calliope Bradford ? Marlena paid homage to Eugene by naming Sami after him hence why  Sami is named  Samantha Gene Brady . What's wrong with Evan being named after Dr.Malena EVANS ? 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 2