Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

"Days of our Lives spoilers say time’s up for Ben Weston (Robert Scott Wilson) – and his BFF Will Horton (Chandler Masey) and shrink Marlena Evans (Diedre Hall) are saddened to lose him."

This is some serious horse manure.  Ben tried to murder Marlena and he killed Will.  

This is nonsensical as it gets.  

• Love 7

These crap writers, as others have already said, think having him say "I was mentally ill! Now I'm not! Handling it!" is sufficient explanation. Ill how? What's the exact diagnosis? How are you handling it? With what meds??

Mentally ill serial killers aren't fixed in two years, released into the wild and left to follow a medication plan alone.

I don't think mentally ill serial killers are ever fixed. The concept that somehow Ben is just fine with seemingly no help at all is stupid. Ben being a romantic lead with Bope's kid? Beyond ridiculous and insulting. Give me a break and yet Gabi is the most evil evil that has ever eviled?!? When Ben, Kristen and Victor are still walking around scot free despite everything they've done. Sure.

A serial killer and a drug lord/child molestor having an emotional moment and saying goodbye to each other?  Are viewers expected to bawl  their eyes out over this nonsense?  Are we actually supposed to feel Something for  these two murderers?  

What you won't be crying at this wonderful emotional moment?!?

"Days of our Lives spoilers say time’s up for Ben Weston (Robert Scott Wilson) – and his BFF Will Horton (Chandler Masey) and shrink Marlena Evans (Diedre Hall) are saddened to lose him."

HAHAHAHAHA!! OMG. These writers are unbelievable. Just Un. Believable. Will is saddened to lose the man who killed him. Indeed.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, Sidney said:

Ron is writing Gabi as a villain. If there was any doubts before there certainly isn't any now. lol.

And that's the problem. It doesn't work to write Gabi as a villain when you have Abigail, Kristen, and Ben (and, you know, like basically all the other characters lol) around and you're trying to write them as heroes/saints/leads. Most people see right through that bullshit. Yet Ron's always trying it lol!

2 hours ago, Rafael said:

Apparently Ben Westen is going to die after his execution commences.  

I absolutely do not believe that. There's no way in hell they're gonna kill off their fave. Unless, maybe that NBC person who hates the gay storylines is afraid Ron is gonna try to go for Ben/Will and so he ordered them to get rid of Ben. If so, listen, more power to that guy lol.

But seriously, what is Soap Dirt and is it in any way a reliable source?

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Rafael said:

This is some serious horse manure.  Ben tried to murder Marlena and he killed Will.  

This is nonsensical as it gets.  

That was years ago, since they they've shown Marlena council him, believe him and help him get better. She's been his doctor.

Will has been living with him in a cell for a year. Anyone you bond with, which they have shown they've bonded it's not a surprise he'd miss him. 

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

absolutely do not believe that. There's no way in hell they're gonna kill off their fave. Unless, maybe that NBC person who hates the gay storylines is afraid Ron is gonna try to go for Ben/Will and so he ordered them to get rid of Ben. If so, listen, more power to that guy lol.

But seriously, what is Soap Dirt and is it in any way a reliable source?

I do believe it. It ties in with the other spoiler posted earlier that Ben flatlines.

It's just that he'll be revived. Neither spoiler says he STAYS dead.

• Love 10

Will has been living with him in a cell for a year. Anyone you bond with, which they have shown they've bonded it's not a surprise he'd miss him. 

Lawd, I don't care if I spent 10 years in a cell with the person who murdered me - bonding would not happen. Not ever. All this is, is feeble manipulation by Ron: Will is a fan favorite and so if he likes the serial killer now, then the audience should too. It's lazy, boring and utterly stupid.

Here's a wild idea - rather than make him a serial killer just avoid that all together and make him a general bad guy or not so nice guy. He is then reformed with love.

• Love 8

Oh sweet Jesus. The only thing more annoying than a last-minute save is a drawn-out "he's dead and we lost him forever but now we're going to resurrect him anyways" story.

Oh the DRAMA! Days of our Ollie!

I wonder if this is even because of Ron though. Corday and the rest of the head honchos have shown really questionable taste over the last few years, and they ultimately have all the power, I would assume... so I doubt any character could be propped up this much without them supporting it. Do you guys think if Ron was not the head writer that Ben would still be getting this red carpet treatment? Could a different writer come in, make him Ben a bad guy or backburner him or write him off without it even being an issue?

The frustrating part is I don't even see why fans are into Cen as a couple...RSW isn't a good actor. He made the exact same face in the police station telling Ciara he can't let her take the fall as he did back when he was about to murder Guy Wilson's Will in that apartment a few years ago. He has one facial expression. Every intense moment involves him clenching his jaw and flaring his nostrils and that's it. If he really was some terrific actor who had fantastic chemistry with Victoria and they both just happened to be stuck in a really disgusting storyline, I could almost understand why they were kept around in this pairing in the face of all logic and good taste. I don't want to think people would be excited by bad acting. But that's what we seem to get from him. And so that justifies the producers keeping him around? Am I really getting this?

...I actually kind of like Victoria and think she's really bringing it. Unfortunately she's bringing it in the storyline that makes her character look completely deranged and suicidal...

I'm going to be skipping all of those execution scenes so damn hard. I still haven't forgiven Ron for giving us a scene where Marlena chokes Will. I don't care that it was some kind of Halloween dream fake out, it was a perfect metaphor for what Ron, Corday and the rest have done to the show.

Everything is so upside down.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Black Knight said:

I do believe it. It ties in with the other spoiler posted earlier that Ben flatlines.

They'll probably have Ciara bring him back to life with a magical kiss, and then all the townspeople will dance in the streets.  Perhaps Julie will clutch him to her bosom and Doug will play him a ditty on the banjo as Hope feeds him Alice's donuts.

Oh Joy.

• LOL 14
  • Love 6
22 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

Now, you know someone — hell, maybe even Sonny — will say something against the serial killer and Will’s gonna jump up and be like, “No, he’s not!  I wouldn’t have survived prison if it weren’t for him!” or some such nonsense.  He’s about to be as dazzled as Ciara and Ron himself.

Ugh, I can really see this coming. I'm even wondering if it's going to be part of whatever storyline Will/Sonny have next - tension because of his friendship with Ben.

20 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

...he knew exactly what he was doing when he choked and killed all those people. Yes, his obsession with Abigail was unhealthy, but he went down that road to control her and keep her away from Chad - his motivation was consistent and well thought-out and he clearly chose and premeditated his actions. He knew damn well what he was doing the whole time. But because the actor has abs - really now?!? - Ben can just toss out a couple of apologies and say he is like, super sorry I caused problems everybody, like really, my bad. And now he has this show's leading lady and his most high-profile victim backing him up...and we're supposed to go "aww, but see? He said sorry and Gabi didn't! Ergo, he's a good person and she sux!"

Please, let's not drink that koolaid.

TeamGabi. TeamBetterWriting.

I'm absolutely with you on TeamBetterWriting and that Ben sucks, but I'm not sure why all the comparisons to Gabi. They can both suck. It doesn't have to be an either/or thing. I think outside of seeing the discussion here on these boards the show isn't trying to compare Ben and Gabi. Other than Ben and Stefan's brief friendship, Gabi and Ben aren't really involved in the same storyline.

I think someone hit the nail on the head in the Current Discussions board when they said that Gabi is being written like Sami back in the day. She does absolutely villainous things, but she gets away with them, and the audience is supposed to dislike the things she does while ultimately still rooting for her. I think overall the writing is worse for Gabi, but I think in a way Gabi barely pays for the things she did whereas I think Sami kind of did. I know I read in the Behind the Scenes topic that either Ron or Ken Corday or someone really likes CB, so Gabi is not written so everyone  in the audience hates her, despite what she does. The people who hate her either have for a long time and/or, like me, simply hate her because she has done horrible, very hate-able things. 

I really don't get this idea where she's made to suffer or given much worse writing than Ben or Abigail or Kristen or Xander. With Ben, it's basically a carbon copy of the Franco story on GH which Ron wrote. Franco was a serial killer, RC went overboard trying to redeem him by having him do heroic thing after heroic thing and get praised to the skies despite knowing a section of the audience would NEVER warm to him. With Ben he's had it a little bit easier because abs and right out of the gate he's in an apparently popular pairing. Despite that, RC is still determined to shove him down the audience's throat.

With Kristen, she was still being written as truly villainous until not too long ago. Now, just like Ben because she's done such truly unforgivable despicable things, he's starting to go overboard with the over-redeeming.

Like I said though I don't think Gabi is suffering more than these other characters. People like to talk about Abigail being given excuses for her bad behavior and skating on her crimes but so does Gabi. She'll be skating on very serious crimes for the second time in two years. The show bent over backwards to give her a reason (several actually) for her revenge plot on Abigail. They went out of their way to cover her when she left Julie when she was having a heart attack. This time, the excuse is thinner since Stefan was truly responsible for his own death, but still they gave her grieving the love of her life as an excuse. And how has Gabi really suffered? After her revenge on Abigail, the only thing she really lost was her friendships with Chad and JJ. After that she gained a rich husband (even though he was a rapist who gleefully set her up to go to prison but, in modern day soaps, that apparently counts as the perfect romantic lead) and became one of the richest ladies in town lording it over everybody. Yes, there are people in town who hate her but, other than Julie and Abigail, she doesn't interact with them much. The people she loves, who love her, haven't turned their back on her. Despite Rafe and Sonny rightfully calling her out, they both promised they still love her and will have her back. I'm sure it'll be the same with Will. Even when they find out she used a dead baby to get out of prison time, they probably still won't be done with her. 

So, I'm just not feeling this poor, poor Gabi is the most persecuted character on the show stuff.

7 hours ago, Rafael said:

Here is a quote from Soap Dirt concerning Ben's upcoming execution :

"Meanwhile, Ben Weston has a touching goodbye with his dad Clyde Weston (James Read), on Days of our Lives."

Absolutely disgusting !

A serial killer and a drug lord/child molestor having an emotional moment and saying goodbye to each other?  Are viewers expected to bawl  their eyes out over this nonsense?  Are we actually supposed to feel Something for  these two murderers?  

What is with Ron and trying to redeem the truly irredeemable? He's tried it several times on GH and now here. It feels particularly ridiculous that we're suddenly expected to buy this Father Knows Best crap with Clyde and buy this bond with Ben. It wasn't very long ago that Clyde was saying disgusting homophobic things to Will and trying to kill him but because he helped Ben escape our heart strings are supposed to be tugged? Wasn't Clyde supposedly to blame for Ben's unnamed mental illness? Didn't Jordan come back and hint at - or flat out say - Clyde sexually abused her? I think it's even grosser than the show trying to redeem Ben that we're supposed to like Clyde in any way.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Black Knight said:

Damn Damn Damn Damn Damn!!! 

• Love 3

21 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Please, let's not drink that koolaid.

TeamGabi. TeamBetterWriting.

Disney Boy, we are totally on the same page when it comes to writing. These writers don't plan ahead and realize how they are potentially destroying a character, whether it's Ben or Gabi.

In the same way their disregard for Gabi's character bothers you, it irritates me how they turned Ben into a serial killer. And even though almost all soaps have redemption storylines (i.e. Luke & Laura, etc), some fans are not willing to go that extra mile. And although I don't take my soaps that seriously, I must admit that it sometimes bothers me when I hear/read that some fans want Ben dead, regardless of his current behavior/innocence.

• Love 1

That's very fair. It's true - Ben could have been a decent normal guy until they got drastic and flushed his potential down the tubes for a shock value story. Now, they're systemically trashing Gabi for short term drama. I see your point there. And I hope I didn't sound condescending in my earlier comments.

I suppose I just stand with the actors I find to be good, when they're being trashed. RSW isn't good, in my eyes, so keeping him around and bending time and space to keep him around irks me. If he had been a revelation as a serial killer - a plum role - maybe I'd have more sympathy.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, boes said:

They'll probably have Ciara bring him back to life with a magical kiss, and then all the townspeople will dance in the streets.  Perhaps Julie will clutch him to her bosom and Doug will play him a ditty on the banjo as Hope feeds him Alice's donuts.

Oh Joy.

LMAO.

• Love 2

LOL @oceanblue, no one was watching then because it never happened! They made up some stupid story about Maggie having had a baby when she was young and then gave her up for adoption. I don't remember if she had a relationship with or was raped by a farm hand. That's right up there with her magical egg baby Daniel.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, boes said:

Oh Joy.

I can totally see that happening.  The serial killer is flatlines and they're trying to revive him.  Will and Marlena are crying over him.  Ciara kisses him, his eyes flutter open and he's back to life.  Will and Marlena start to cry happy tears; and the serial killer and his pathetic girlfriend are all happy and kissing and disgusting.

10 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Ugh, I can really see this coming. I'm even wondering if it's going to be part of whatever storyline Will/Sonny have next - tension because of his friendship with Ben.

I can see the Sonny and Will reunion being very short.  They'll run to each other and hug since they're not allowed to kiss, then Will will leave to figure out a way to save the serial killer.

6 minutes ago, QueenSerena said:

Too juicy not to share early:

ERouh2pW4AA-DmU.jpg

Ahem........

Hide contents

source.gif

This goes with the predictions that the serial killer is going to save Sonny, then Sonny will fall right in line with everyone else saying the serial killer is a good man.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, superdeluxe said:

This goes with the predictions that the serial killer is going to save Sonny, then Sonny will fall right in line with everyone else saying the serial killer is a good man.

Oh, you know it's coming. In the meantime, I'm just going to try to speak something else into existence......"Please let it be Will who saves him, please let it be Will who saves him, please let it be Will..."

It should totally work, right? 😉🥴

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
40 minutes ago, superdeluxe said:

UGH! Wouldn't what happens in the picture be happening around the same time as Ben being executed and/or flatlining? Probably doesn't matter, with the show the way it is Ben will somehow save Sonny one-handed while dragging around his hospital IV stand.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

So Chrishell is coming back in the spring, so at first I thought it was probably going to be flashbacks, but then it occurred to me, what if Jordan's still alive and she and Evan are conspiring to get rid of Ben?

Also, if Galen is leaving, will he leave with David, or will Ben get him?

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

So Chrishell is coming back in the spring, so at first I thought it was probably going to be flashbacks, but then it occurred to me, what if Jordan's still alive and she and Evan are conspiring to get rid of Ben?

Also, if Galen is leaving, will he leave with David, or will Ben get him?

The Trouble with Ben Weston, coming to tv screens near you. There must be something about him to spend far too much time plotting, turning people against him, crying wolf, faking your own murder, and doing everything to get rid of him.

Edited by Frozendiva
Typo
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Lastwaltz said:

SERIOUSLY. This is beyond insulting. Now I forsee Rafe/Jordan/babyDavid going off into the sunset together as GG makes his swan song 🤢 

I don't really care about that part of it lol. It's just that I can't take yet another story about how someone is wronging Ben and we should all feel so very badly for him. Listen, @TPTB, you're not gonna get everyone to root for a serial killer, so just stop trying and write stuff for the people who love Ciara/Ben or whatever.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

You told me so?

There was a certain segment of fans that was convinced there hadn't been any hints that Evan would end up being a bad guy, and that Sonny should pursue things with him. I admittedly took out my frustration with them in that post, lol. 😄

2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Aha.  Evan on the phone with somebody.  Jordan?

Somewhat informed speculation on my part, and I'll admit I don't know for sure, but Orpheus is supposed to be showing up soon... 😬

• Love 3
1 hour ago, QueenSerena said:

There was a certain segment of fans that was convinced there hadn't been any hints that Evan would end up being a bad guy, and that Sonny should pursue things with him. I admittedly took out my frustration with them in that post, lol. 😄

Somewhat informed speculation on my part, and I'll admit I don't know for sure, but Orpheus is supposed to be showing up soon... 😬

oh, please don't tell me Evan is Orpheus's kid.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I hope I didn't sound condescending in my earlier comments.

You're fine. That's what I like about these forums...we're allowed to express our opinions without fear of negativity from fellow posters.

If it's any consolation, Mr. Tree decided to watch with me today. As soon as Gabi started blackmailing Eric & Sara, he said "I'm really starting to like Gabi".  Guess her new devious plot just made her more interesting to him. Go figure 😄

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, QueenSerena said:

Yeah I was confused cuz I was sure I speculated it quite a while ago and as well a lot of people on board thought he was David’s dad. 

OT What kind of person hires a live in nanny without doing a background check? And that person is a COP? 

• Love 6

2 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

OT What kind of person hires a live in nanny without doing a background check? And that person is a COP? 

Hey at least over the years they have been consistent with the writing for Rafe. Once a dumbass always a dumbass!

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
40 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

Hey at least over the years they have been consistent with the writing for Rafe. Once a dumbass always a dumbass!

I actually pondered this the other day a solid 5 minutes and think Rafe might actually be stupider than Brady. Talk about a tough choice. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Yeah I was confused cuz I was sure I speculated it quite a while ago and as well a lot of people on board thought he was David’s dad. 

This is Rafe you're talking about.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

He did one but apparently didn't wait for the results. This former FBI agent has been drinking the Salem water for too long.

I would hate, just hate for Jordan to have faked her death just to get Ben arrested. I am tired of the Ben sob stories and Ciara defending him. I just want them both to leave town. Maybe brainwashed Chad will kill them.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Very comprehensive back round checks take like 24 hours. I did one for a job where it wasn’t just the paper work but they took photos of me and ran my face, finger prints, palm prints and blood through a database to find any matches.. 

Jordan faking her death is far fetched because she was murdered so wouldn’t there be an autopsy? And the only person capable of bringing a person back from death or even a mangled organ donor giving body is Rolf and she’s not a DiMera or associate or fave of them.

Ron’s writing is super fucking lazy though so I expect when she comes back she’ll just be like “haha I’m back” or “I had a friend in the coroners office, lol” I assume her returning if it’s her alive will let this douchebag be exonerated. I somewhat wish it would be to show flashbacks to her and his abuse. Some speculated since Clyde is an admitted PEDOPHILE and child rapist of her, she was actually Ben’s mother as gross as it is to contemplate since she’s a just few years older and a “sibling”.  It would explain why she was so mentally ill and always acted as a “mother” to him (his and her words), then later resented him. I felt more sad for her and Claire’s illnesses than Ben’s and Abby’s honestly. It was hard to watch their breakdowns: you felt their pain, fear, and suicidal tendencies.

Ron didn’t treat this adult survivor of pedophilia and rape sensitively and he didn’t treat Claire’s emotional issues respectfully either or JJs addiction or suicidal threats as well. 

It’s off hand I’m commenting on it further but he was an addict, suicidal, and had his second partner/love murdered and that took the backseat & he was more invested to Lani being mad she was blackmailed from marrying Eli and Eli fcked Gabi. 

• Love 8

Early spoilers for the week of March 9th, between S O D and Source TV:

Roman & Hattie spring into action; "Stefano" instructs Chad to kill Kate; John searches for Marlena; Justin gets bad news; John, Justin and Kayla find themselves in grave danger; Nicole has suspicions about the connection between Xander and Dr. Raynor; Stefano has Marlena right where he wants her; Gabi is attacked!

Dr. Raynor is the doctor who worked on Eric & Sarah's baby the night it died, and was paid off to keep the baby switch quiet. I should have article scans for next week later tonight.

• Love 3

So it's the woman doctor we saw during the flashbacks?

I'm sorry, but when you take an oath to do no harm and protect your patient's privacy, exactly what amount of money convinces you to allow some dude - who isn't even said patient's relative or husband - to pay you off to make fake papers about her baby's death so that she'll get to take home someone else's baby?

It'll be interesting to see if they actually give the character some scenes to process how she felt once Kristen, having been told a lie and believing her baby to be dead, killed one of the hospital's own employees!

Ron really loves to throw characters under the bus for the purposes of his stories, but this poor lady doesn't even have the benefit of being Dr. Shaw, who at least appeared previously. She showed up to get thrown under the bus!

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 6

I hope that somehow a Marlena chip gets put into Julie, and Julie goes after Stevano for some hot and heavy action.

If that doesn't snap him back to reality, nothing will.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2

I couldn’t roll my eyes any harder reading that article about the serial killer and his execution.  Those quotes were just — ugh.

So, Sonny and Will have a quick reunion before Will runs off to try and save his new BFF.  How romantic.

• Love 7