Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

43 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

I get whether liking a character or not clouds our POV. Me? I hate Rafe and everything he does sucks. LOL! But I also have zero use for Nicole. She is not - nor has she ever been - the angel on a pedestal that Eric put her on, so her sudden deification (and the writing as a poor suffering heroine!) annoys me.

So if Brady makes her and Eric miserable again?

RAH, RAH! TEAM BRADY! 😎

Wish Nicole had stayed DEAD. And gone.

I'm all for making Eric miserable, that's just fun times in my book.  And Rafe.

But I draw the line at wearing cheerleaders outfits.  I just don't have the legs.

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, boes said:

I'm all for making Eric miserable, that's just fun times in my book.  And Rafe.

But I draw the line at wearing cheerleaders outfits.  I just don't have the legs.

I respect myself too much to even TRY to wear a cheerleader uniform. Just no. My enthusiasm will have to suffice. 😛

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Week of May 13:

Monday May 13:

Lani lies to Ciara to keep Ben away from David.

Tuesday May 14:

Brady makes a deal with Xander to get Nicole a divorce.

Wednesday May 15:

Rafe gets divorce papers from Hope.

Thursday May 16:

The mayoral election results are announced, and there is a surprising winner.

Hope is fired!

Friday May 17:
A stunning secret is revealed.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, boes said:

For me, it's because I see this as a pattern with Brady, him love love loving somebody and then, when it doesn't work out for whatever reason, being as ugly and mean and threatening as sin.  That and his generally abusive attitude to one and all when he hasn't gotten what he wants.  He's like this giant monster baby when things don't go his way.

Plus, being hurt and angry about a breakup is one thing, turning psycho is another.

Of course, it probably doesn't help that I just do NOT like Brady, lol!

While that's all true again he had valid reasons here. Nicole didn't have to accept Brady's proposal but she did and all that came with it its not as if this was her first rodeo with Brady either.   Yet nobody seemed bothered by Eric/Nicole hurting Brady like this its "poor Eric" then again Eric was raped by Kristen and it was about Brady's pain this show is so skewed.

If this was Chloe I'd feel differently because Brady at least admitted he was the screwup there and exhibited more maturity with that than any of his other relationships(which probably explains why they don't revisit it because they prefer Brady this way).

• Love 3

Sonny and Will are surprised to learn what caused Will's tumor.

Yeah, what a shock that the memory restoring drug cooked up by a mad scientist had a medical side effect. #eyeroll

Stefan rejects Gabi.

What an idiot.  I hope Gabi hands his nuts to him.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

So did I because I really didn't notice Sarah until that happened. Then they thought putting her in a triangle with Rex and Eric was a good idea... 😑

Unlike others though when it comes to Eric/Sarah Eric bothers me more.

• Love 4
(edited)
23 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Yeah, what a shock that the memory restoring drug cooked up by a mad scientist had a medical side effect. #eyeroll

What an idiot.  I hope Gabi hands his nuts to him.

Can he expect to find Gabi in the shower when Stefan goes for a bath.

Now that is so pitiful to be rejected by a rapist.l

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

Can he expect to find Gabi in the shower when Stefan goes for a bath.

Now that is so pitiful to be rejected by a rapist.l

I hope not. It's time for this pig to start chasing Gabi now.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Completely fucking ridiculous schedule. So if something is not working, it takes EIGHT MONTHS to correct?! By then, the audience will say "screw it!" and walk away completely.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
17 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Completely fucking ridiculous schedule. So if something is not working, it takes EIGHT MONTHS to correct?! By then, the audience will say "screw it!" and walk away completely.

If stories last eight months, it'd actually take longer to correct as it'd probably take a while before the negative reaction made an impact.

What's worse, IMO, is when a couple might spark with the audience.  They'll only have a story told if TPTB had planned it all along.  There's no collective willing them to more scenes because it'd likely take almost a year to get there.

And it's especially hard to invest in a story when we know someone will be gone.  I don't know whether or not I'd ship Stefan and Gabi, even though I think they have chemistry, but knowing that Stefan will eventually be gone certainly takes the wind out of their sails before they really begin.

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I don't know whether or not I'd ship Stefan and Gabi, even though I think they have chemistry, but knowing that Stefan will eventually be gone certainly takes the wind out of their sails before they really begin.

I thought someone recently said Brandon Barash was still taping.  Did I miss a casting announcement? 

In any case I agree with the premise.  I liked Chloe and Tyler Christopher's Stefan's initial scenes.  But by the time they aired, it had already been announced that Christopher had left and Barash was in long-term. Likewise, I don't know whether I like Barash's Stafan with Chloe because her departure was announced before his first scenes aired. 

11 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

What's worse, IMO, is when a couple might spark with the audience.  They'll only have a story told if TPTB had planned it all along.  There's no collective willing them to more scenes because it'd likely take almost a year to get there.

I was thinking about this.  Some of my favorite couples happened because of fan reaction. As annoying as being stuck with a boring story is, missed opportunities seem a bigger shame.  After 8 months of a totally different direction, who knows if the chemistry that got a reaction can still be capitalized on or if the story and/or momentum has passed them by. 

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, RachelKM said:

I thought someone recently said Brandon Barash was still taping.  Did I miss a casting announcement? 

Nothing official.  I believe I heard rumors that he was already out whenever someone on Twitter shares who is leaving.  Take Olivia (Claire) for example.  I don't believe there has been anything official about her leaving but rumor has it she is gone by August. 

It could be wrong .

• Love 2
(edited)

Olivia was announced as being off the show officially back in January. There were rumors the months before, but it's been official for a while now.   According to Jason47's production schedule page, the scenes to air in August were filmed in January.  So, if she's out by the end of August, the announcement came immediately after she finished on set. 

There have been rumors about the length of Barash's stay since he was first announced as replacement for Christopher back in October. I don't know that he isn't going to be out before the end of 2019, but the last time I saw his contract status questioned on one of these sites, someone - possibly Jason47 - confirmed he was still shooting.  I think that was a month or so ago, though.  So who knows now? 

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 6

Well, shit.  That doesn't sound like a brief visit. Of course, Billy Flynn always strikes me as someone who thinks there is more to what he is doing than is apparent in the writing or on screen.  But I guess it is what it is. 

• Love 3

It could be for a month or two which makes sense as to why we'll see a lot of them during this visit. 

Or VK is going to bolt and Chabby was brought back because people do have a reaction to them one way or another. 

If VK does leave where does that leave RSW? Would they pair him with Gabi? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 5/9/2019 at 1:01 AM, Silver Raven said:

So I'm thinking Nicole is really Kristen?

ivxsnn4bd3x21.jpg

On the now defunct TV without pity Days discussion board we used to refer to the Curse of the Monkey's Paw. Essentially, it was wishing for something and having it be fulfilled but always in a way you never wanted and/or with hellish consequences. For instance, wanting the HW fired or replaced only for that to happen and an even worst HW being hired - Dena anyone?  Welp, years later I see the Curse of the Monkey's Paw is very much alive. I wanted a Xander Nicole union so bad and loved their initial chem, only to have the show turn Xander into a damn near irredeemable sociopath. 

Maybe it is too early to call because I don't know if this is Kristen with plastic surgery made to look like Nicole, some Rolf creation or brainwashed Nicole but this NOT in a million years what I would have wanted. 

monkeyspaw.jpg

It makes sense for it to be Kristen given the spoilers of Nicole finding comfort in Brady's arms. I guess I should've known something was up when "Nicole" upon arrival was so easily talked out of going to see her daughter and she didn't want sexy time with Eric.  

Edited by islandgal140
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

Poor Hayley, to have a mother like that who had no maternal feelings for you whatsoever.. I remember her telling her to go back to China, she was so cold and matter of fact about it.  She could have given her daughter citizenship and spared us all this insipid storyline..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 12
19 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

She could have given her daughter citizenship and spared us all this insipid storyline.

That's the real kicker. Damn you, Melinda!

Super down for Rex comforting Chloe. I like them together. Of course, they're both gonna be gone in a few months, so I guess what's the point really.

• Love 5

Melinda played herself for nothing.

Really? 

Only Jennifer has come out looking good in this storyline because she's barely been in it.

We could've had a JJ/Haley friendship(possible tease of more) while Tripp was torn between Haley/Claire. Claire could've gone nuts over that without this lame immigration crap. They could've been a triangle. Haley could've found out Melinda was her mom and have that storyline be about them. While with Tripp she would be drawn to JJ.

While Jack is trying to find out about his past and acclimate to who he is now. While JJ/Eve spar and possibly hook up again during all of this yet he's drawn to Haley.

Instead we got this😒

• Love 3

One thing I hate about soap spoilers is 90% time they aren’t spoilers. Like who is flabbergasted Melinda is Haley’s mom 🙄 or that Hope and Rafe will split or that Will’s capitivity and experimental drugging caused today’s medical issues? 

Like maybe if Brady was watching his own show, but for us these are practically facts it was so plainly laid out. 

I read the spoiler further that even though Melinda admits Haley is her daughter ICE moves ahead with the deportation so JJ grabs Haley’s hand and they run away. Then Melinda loads a gun and goes after Jack. Ugh. 

Glad Hope is divorcing Rafe so I don’t have to hear them have the same conversation a second year straight (“you aren’t there for me” “you don’t trust me” “I need you” 💤 ).

• Love 7

week of May 20:

Monday May 20:

Xander’s partner is revealed.

Tuesday May 21:

Jack makes a surprising move with his first appointment as mayor.

Wednesday May 22:

Lani makes a confession to Rafe.

Thursday May 23:

Maggie gives in to temptation.

Friday May 24:

Chloe discovers Gabi and Stefan in bed!

A major secret is revealed.

• Love 3
(edited)
42 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Maggie falling off the wagon has the potential to be a great soapy storyline but Ron is writing it so...

I wish for once that somebody was tempted to fall off the wagon not because of stress, but because they still crave alcohol or drugs.. Addiction never goes away and it would be nice to see that type of story once in a while.  This is the same show that made both Jennifer and Eric addicts and I never bought it for many reasons. It is possible for somebody to drink to excess and not become an alcoholic.. There are people who use drugs recreationally and never get addicted to them. Everybody's brain is different and  I would love to see that type of nuance.  I would have preferred Jennifer to have killed off Dan and Eric covers for her by claiming to have hit Taniel while driving drunk. It could have also been Lucas grieving for Will who did the deed and Kate framed a drunken Eric. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 13

I would say JJ and Theresa were characters who took drugs but we never saw them be addicts as they were able to stop and not struggle with it. 

However I agree with this. 

I do think it should've been Lucas that got drunk and killed Daniel not Eric. Especially since Lucas is already a drunk, would've given him a meaty storyline, and it would've made sense for him to go back to booze after Will "died". 

Would've made better drama since Daniel ruined his marriage to Chloe, Jennifer is his sister. Maggie is his sponsor and to see her struggle to forgive Lucas for killing her son would've been compelling drama. Nicole was his ex-wife.

Instead Eric did it and while he did go to jail people act as if it was no big deal he got drunk and killed Daniel(except Victor). I doubt this type of courtesy would've been extended to Lucas.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

Where will Chloe go now.  Can not see her staying with Stefan and Victor will not allow her to stay at his mansion.

They can have her live dining at restaurants perpetually like Marlena and John. That isn’t weird at all. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1