Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Summer Previews

DAYS SPOILER PAGE·SUNDAY, MAY 26, 2019

I read speculation that Carrie is going to tell Rafe that he is the father of her son, Noah.

Always been meh about Carrie and AP's Austin. (I know Patrick Muldoon was not good the last time, but I liked his Austin way back when!) Either way with either Austin, if this is the case (and I also thought that), it will just be another fanbase Ron has destroyed for Rafe. Great.

• Love 3

I don't care much for Carrie and Austin because....well Sami was the only interesting part of their love story. But to - at this late stage of the game - assign their only kid (who we've yet to meet!) to Rafe (RAFE?!) is dumb.

I'm hoping this is like the rumors that were circulating during Sami's last return, that she would be pregnant from their one night stand. Or like the rumor that Jordan's child is really Rafe's. Why can't they just do that?

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Okay, so the big twist here is that Nicole is not really Nicole.

How awesome is it for Kristen to get Nicole's body?  Is that like an all over rubber face/body mask?

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, Harmony233 said:

Noah being rafe's would be dumb since they didn't even sleep together I don't think I hope it's something more interesting.

They didn't. Also, at the time, Rafe had been lying to everyone that he was the father of Nicole's baby and not EJ.

• Love 2

But will Gabi be able to carry it out without her real feelings for him getting in the middle? And will he get onto it is the other question.

No thanks lol.

So wait, Carrie and Rafe never slept together and yet there's a rumor that her son is going to be Rafe's? LOL!

• Love 3

While I had never forgotten that Rafe and Carrie never slept together, as a former (thanks to Ron, ironically!) GH viewer, I know Ron loves playing fast and loose with historical details. So I can see him writing that - oops! - Rafe and Carrie did sleep together off screen. Surprise!

I'll be genuinely shocked if something of that nature does NOT happen.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
On 5/24/2019 at 7:19 PM, Petunia13 said:

There’s a lot of good characters I’ve stan. Bridget from B&B is my favorite soap character ever and many people agree she’s one of the few soap good girls who wasn’t sanctimonious, praised, or boring about it. I liked Bianca and Stuart on AMC and young Jessica on OLTL, Fancy on Passions, ect.  I think it DOES come back to the writing and whether a character is propped or praised by the core lead  characters in dialogue and if the “good” character has humility and realism. 

Also on soaps people are killed off all the time. Often for as stupid reasons as you mentioned. I remember 3 innocent people being slaughtered because America’s dreamiest bodyguard was obsessed w a JarJar. Trip is an asshole and he knows Claire isn’t doing well w her anger and mental health, so I’m not sure why he’s antagonizing her. Also people who “die” in Salem doesn’t always die so who cares 😂 

I never said good characters aren't liked - though most of the characters you listed are older characters. Nowadays it definitely feels like people tend to root more for people who do horrible things versus good characters just because they are "propped." And, quite honestly, I think people throw that term propped around way too much. I think sometimes it comes down to the writing and also perception. In this storyline, I like Hayley. I like Tripp. I like JJ. I find Jack, Even, and Claire despicable and desperately want to see them get their comeuppance. I don't care if other characters compliment another character unless I feel the things said about the character doesn't match what's on-screen.

Sure characters are killed off for all sorts of stupid reasons, but for me, personally, I think it's a little weird for it to be deemed a character deserves to die simply for being a bad boyfriend, even in fiction. Well, I guess there are different categories of bad boyfriend. I don't think Tripp asking something unfair of Claire means he's worthy of death. I don't think he's an asshole. Sure, what he asked of Claire was unfair. But, one of my biggest hang-ups with this idea of Tripp being this evil, awful boyfriend and Claire the innocent, wronged woman who deserves to get revenge is that Claire had choices all throughout this storyline. Tripp didn't force her into anything. He certainly didn't force her to alert Jack and Even when Tripp was trying to help Hayley hide out which is what got this whole "let's get married" thing started. She could have dumped his ass if she thought she was being treated so unfairly. Instead, when Tripp tried to break things off because he knew what he was asking was unfair she begged him to stay together. And, I'm supposed to feel sorry for her - why? I've only regularly been watching this show for a year or two but in that time the worst thing that's happened to her is what happened to Theo and she ended up losing him due to her own actions, same as with Tripp. She's a young, rich white girl with, according to her, a ton of followers online and a ton of family in town. She has family she can turn to, instead of turning to Eve, but she doesn't reach out to them unless you count reaching out and trying to burn them alive or breaking their property. She only cares about her followers, herself, and whatever person she is currently in a relationship with. Yeah, Tripp knows she has some issues, including with anger, but so what. She lied to him repeatedly, taped their private conversations - including trying to record them having sex - hurt his friend and he's not allowed to get angry because Claire has issues? 

On 5/25/2019 at 11:25 AM, Apprentice79 said:

I think that has signal the death of soaps in my opinion.  The heroes and heroines should always drive stories. Look at how the show is always bringing back a Dimera. Why can't they bring back a Horton, a Brady.  There are so many legacy children out there twisting in the wind. Perhaps Stefanie or Andrew comes back with a secret.The show is always focused on the villains. The villains have a place but not to the detriment of the heroes.  I watch the show less and less because a serial killer is now a hero.  

I agree. The writers are to blame, but I almost can't blame them for what they're doing since they know they can get away with it. That they even thought they could redeem a serial killer like Ben is gross, but they can get away with it because a lot of people don't care because Ben is hot and he has chemistry with Ciara. It's the same thing with that awful spoiler about Xander and Sarah. Xander is despicable - he forced a woman into marriage and basically daily threatened her with rape. He just kidnapped a child and faked her death.  In no way should he be paired with someone like Sarah but I assume they think they can get away with it because of the usual excuses of "he's hot" and "chemistry."

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I don't care much for Carrie and Austin because....well Sami was the only interesting part of their love story. But to - at this late stage of the game - assign their only kid (who we've yet to meet!) to Rafe (RAFE?!) is dumb.

I'm hoping this is like the rumors that were circulating during Sami's last return, that she would be pregnant from their one night stand. Or like the rumor that Jordan's child is really Rafe's. Why can't they just do that?

Carrie was diminished as a three dimensional character because the writers who came after Sherry had no clue on how to write a flawed rootable heroine like Jennifer, Hope, Kim, Kayla, Adrienne, Melissa were back in the day. Carrie was supposed to be the female Roman as Sherry her creator envisioned her to be. Carrie as a child and tween was written so much better than as an adult. Sami got better writing overall because it is easier to write a bitchy character than a good person trying to do the right thing in spite of their inner demons. 

Carrie got the shaft by incompetent writers. Carrie had her mommy issues that were never explored to the fullest that could have given her depth. She lost Anna, Marlena, Diana and Isabella before she was a fully formed adult. Not to mention losing both Roman and John as her dad. She was also a Dimera stepchild via Tony who she loved desperately. Carrie should have been the lead heroine like her beloved stepmom Marlena. 

• Love 11
On 5/26/2019 at 5:45 PM, WendyCR72 said:

Always been meh about Carrie and AP's Austin. (I know Patrick Muldoon was not good the last time, but I liked his Austin way back when!) Either way with either Austin, if this is the case (and I also thought that), it will just be another fanbase Ron has destroyed for Rafe. Great.

I did like Carrie with both Austins. They were a genuinely sweet couple who supported each other when going back to school so they could make their lives better and that's so rare on soaps to see. 

That being said this is so pointless if it happens because Christie is only here for a visit she's not interested in returning full time she moved to England with her family. So they make Noah Rafe's kid unless they plan on killing Carrie off what would be the point.

This is a ripoff of Parker/Chloe/Phillip/Daniel with Noah/Carrie/Austin/Rafe if it comes to pass. Except there was an actual WTD story with Parker and Chloe stuck around for a while.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I never said good characters aren't liked - though most of the characters you listed are older characters. Nowadays it definitely feels like people tend to root more for people who do horrible things versus good characters just because they are "propped."

People root for characters with a defined point of view and agency.  Characters with agency move the plot along.  It's why "good" characters and "bad" characters used to have a rooting interest, or at least a viewing interest.  Writers understood the need for all characters to take action based on what matters to them. 

I lay the blame at the foot of the writers.  Dark anti-heroes rose to celebrated status on pay cable. For some reason, writers became obsessed with that and thought the trend would translate well to soaps.  The problem is, those anti-heroes already had decades of success on soaps.  The difference was, soaps, as an ongoing medium, knew the importance of maintaining a balance.  Nothing needed to change in soaps yet it felt like villains and troublemakers rose in terms of importance partially due to these outside forces. 

In addition, the writing talent dropped.  In soaps, character growth is essential but character growth can be harder to pull off for a character not in need of a specific redemption.  But give a "bad" guy feelings for anything and a little regret and there's your growth.  It's low hanging fruit. Agency to these subpar writers often means characters, even good characters, take toxic, selfish and destructive actions but they're less interested in writing redemption for the good characters. Instead they just make them ordained as good again with community.

It's why I was so frustrated with Sheri Andersen leaving because she and Ron didn't see eye to eye.  I felt she knew how to write old-school (i.e. competent) dialogue which solidified characters.  For instance, I remember Abigail and Gabi's interaction at the police station where Abigail called Gabi out on her ish and Gabi called Abigail out on hers and shared why she did what she did.  They weren't friends but they heard each other out and took actions to put things in the past.  Both characters were given legitimate points of view and an opportunity to express that point of view without it always going ugly--at least in that scene.

Hayley's story would have been better if she took a little control over the decisions she was going to make.  Why did they reunite Tripp and Claire after he learned she conspired with Ben to break him up with Ciara if they knew they were going to do the marriage of convenience story?  You can still make Claire lose her grip without making Tripp such a terrible boyfriend. They could also play into a triangle with Hayley and JJ and Tripp which could have historical implications.

But yeah, I think a lot of viewers do root for the "bad" guys because they are given a disproportionate amount of plot moving, less hypocrisy, point of view, underdog status, and even fun than the good guy characters.  It's frustrating. 

• Love 13
On 5/27/2019 at 8:29 AM, peachmangosteen said:

No thanks lol.

So wait, Carrie and Rafe never slept together and yet there's a rumor that her son is going to be Rafe's? LOL!

Lot of actions go on off screen.  Like Bo  fathering Ciara.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Also Zach.

Honestly Ciara should've been Patrick's I mean if I had to suffer through Swamp Thing being resurrected for Bo/Billie's spawn Hope should be able to have a kid that isn't Bo's.

I know I said this, but I am glad Ciara is Bo's. I don't count Swamp Thing/Chelsea. I see her as a con or brainchipped fake or whatever. That baby was dead, dead, deady-dead, DEAD, and was only made NOT dead as some sort of "leveling the playing field" tit-for-tat crap for Bo/Billie versus Bo/Hope. And Lockhart genes should never expand. It's already a crime that Mimi spawned.

Besides, based on the last part of his run, I think Patrick was more interested in EJ than making babies with any woman.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

So....there's a rumor...that Maggie is Vivian in a mask. Or will soon be.

Also, that Tony and Andre will both be alive when TP returns later this year.

I believe the latter more than the former...

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, howmanywords said:

I can't stress enough how sick I am of this damn fire.

That fire has been around so long pretty soon it will be considered a legacy character.  Soon its children and long lost lovers will begin to show up in Salem.  It will fall madly in love with Marlena and try to kill John.  It will then be reformed and open a new restaurant which all the residents of Salem will patronize (after it has been suspected of burning down Doug's Place of course.)

• LOL 18
2 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

That fire has been around so long pretty soon it will be considered a legacy character.  Soon its children and long lost lovers will begin to show up in Salem.  It will fall madly in love with Marlena and try to kill John.  It will then be reformed and open a new restaurant which all the residents of Salem will patronize (after it has been suspected of burning down Doug's Place of course.)

DaphneCat, you win the Internet!  That is one of the funniest things EVER!

####DEAD####

• Love 8

Claire is cray cray (and lmao at them referencing boiling bunnies!) The only thing more annoying than this never ending fire shit is the "Ben is now a hero" narrative which is inevitably going to reach new heights with this

• Love 5

Ben killed JJs girlfriend and almost killed his sister.  It would be really strange if he just forgot all that.  People say JJ can’t be with Gabi because of what she did to Abby.  What Ben did was way worse.  I have just gotten back watching so I am hoping that won’t happen.  

One thing  I don’t understand is if Marlena has a clue that Claire is suffering why has she never reached out to her?   It was strange that her heaven experience Claire kidnapped and stole Ciara’s baby.  We never saw or heard of Marlena reach out to her granddaughter.  

• Love 6
(edited)
24 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Ben killed JJs girlfriend and almost killed his sister.  It would be really strange if he just forgot all that.  People say JJ can’t be with Gabi because of what she did to Abby.  What Ben did was way worse.  I have just gotten back watching so I am hoping that won’t happen.  

One thing  I don’t understand is if Marlena has a clue that Claire is suffering why has she never reached out to her?   It was strange that her heaven experience Claire kidnapped and stole Ciara’s baby.  We never saw or heard of Marlena reach out to her granddaughter.  

I agree but on this show Marlena seems cool with Ben despite the fact that he strangled Will. She's hated other characters for far less though... 

I hope JJ hates Ben forever since their last meeting he expressed how much he hated him in front of Ciara no less so I find it promising for now. 

JJ has sibling loyalty this show will never have him betray Abby by getting with Gabi again(not that I want that to begin with because Gabi will never love him anyways plus they are both so different now it would be strange to see them paired again). 

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 3

week of June 10:

Monday June 10:

Sonny demands Eve surrender Rolf’s diary to save Will’s life.

Tuesday June 11:

Ben finds himself at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Wednesday June 12:

Stefan has a surprising offer for Abe.

Thursday June 13:

Trying to impress Sarah, Xander swoops in to save the day.

Friday June 14:

Ted reveals a shocking secret to “Nicole.”

Haley and JJ share an emotional goodbye as she prepares to be deported to China.

• Love 2

What galls me is that the show is on its last legs and none of the writers or producers seem to realize that what we really want to see from John and Marlena isn't rehashed versions of their kidnapping adventures from years ago, but rather them acting like actual grandparents to the new generation of kids in their family.

I think Claire has had maybe five minutes of screentime with John and Marlena in the last 3 years. Will occasionally gets to interact with Marlena but it's nothing like what their relationship used to be. That was a big reason why Will was so likeable - he was close with his grandmother and it was nice to see that.

John hasn't spoken to Brady in years, it seems. He was fighting so hard for his relationship with his son back in 2012 when Kristen was trying to tear them apart, and now even though they're supposedly "good"... they never speak.

I think the last time Marlena spend any time with Ari was the day that they both got kidnapped by Yo-Ling's men. Wasn't that like 3 years ago?

...it's like no one involved in the telling of these stories actually thinks of them as people in families. The family connections should matter...and not just at the eleventh hour when it's dramatic for someone to finally realize Brady or Claire or Sami have gone off the rails.

• Love 8

I love that Claire promo. It's hilarious. I look forward to Claire going completely off the rails. But yea, I do not at all look forward to the heaping round of "Ben is the greatest American hero!" that's gonna come along with it.

• Love 6
(edited)
On 5/31/2019 at 7:13 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

I agree but on this show Marlena seems cool with Ben despite the fact that he strangled Will. She's hated other characters for far less though... 

I hope JJ hates Ben forever since their last meeting he expressed how much he hated him in front of Ciara no less so I find it promising for now. 

JJ has sibling loyalty this show will never have him betray Abby by getting with Gabi again(not that I want that to begin with because Gabi will never love him anyways plus they are both so different now it would be strange to see them paired again). 

The only reason Gabi did that to Abigail was to tear JJ and Gabi a part forever because RC wants JJ with an illegal.

Plus Gabi must service the man who framed her.

Edited by bobcat1946
(edited)
2 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

The only reason Gabi did that to Abigail was to tear JJ and Gabi a part forever because RC wants JJ with an illegal.

Plus Gabi must service the man who framed her.

Except JJ/Gabi have been apart for quite some time now neither pining over the other so really I don't get your logic here the show doesn't care enough about them as a couple or JJ in general to go through that trouble.  Hell this is nothing to most couples Eric still wants Nicole despite kidnapping his niece among other things. Then again Eric never had much sibling loyalty either. I don't particularly care much for Haley myself but sadly JJ has very few options. I rather Bev or Roxanne return for him or even bang Eve again than his current storyline but the show doesn't listen to me.

I think they found the Abby/Gabi friendship as fake as I did and blew it up(which is probably the only other lasting consequence to that DID storyline beyond JJ/Gabi being DOA).

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 2

GREAT Promo 🙂 Certainly more uplifting than the show lately. Loved Xander getting to be cute and silly.

Hmmm. Four weddings hun? I'd guess...

-Will and Sonny (successful)

-Sarah and Rex (interrupted)

-Jennifer and Jack (successful)

-Tony and Anna (though I really hope they don't ressurect him)

• Love 4