Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

44 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I really can't see the time jump not being real (i.e. it being someone's dream). It would be fucking stupid to tell weeks/months of stories that are completely meaningless. I guess I could see them hedging their bets for if it totally tanks and then they could easily just be like 'psych it was all a dream!' but I can't imagine they'd do this with the actual end goal of it just being a dream. I mean, everything they do is usually stupid, but that would be on a whole other level.

Which is why I think this is bogus because this is so something the show would do after bringing back all those characters they offed in SSK storyline with Melaswen. You wouldn't think they wouldn't do this? 

It would be a real twist if this was permanent.

The new long-lost John/Doc spawn is fucking RIDICULOUS.

Of course Adrienne does likely die. Can't have all three Johnson siblings on together. Fuck Bonnie Lockhart. And fuck Steve as Stefano if that shit comes to pass.

• Love 14

Is the long lost John/Marlena kid some kind of test tube experiment of Dr Rolf's?  Stefano's?  

If the Steve as Stefano thing is the same as what Dr Rolf has done to Hope, at least the Steve fans can have some kind of hope that he'll eventually become Steve again.  

I wonder if Ron C has been watching a lot of science fiction lately.  

• Love 3
18 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

The new long-lost John/Doc spawn is fucking RIDICULOUS.

Of course Adrienne does likely die. Can't have all three Johnson siblings on together. Fuck Bonnie Lockhart. And fuck Steve as Stefano if that shit comes to pass.

I guess its too much to ask for something semi normal on this show where the Johnson sibs are concerned. Regardless I don't get the need for Evan either they can't write for Belle? Or better yet have Jarlena deal with Claire who the show treated as an afterthought till she went off the rails.

• Love 1

There's also some early stuff out for the week of November 18th:

"Sonny finds a friendly shoulder to lean on. Marlena plans alone time with John. Jack thanks Abigail for her support. Ciara tells Ben about the suspicious conversation she overheard."

So this is kind of interesting, I wonder how many of these might be a mix of present-show spoilers vs. newly-created flashback spoilers, hmmmm......... 🤔

Oopsies, I just realized the tweet cuts off Friday's spoilers, I'll put the full image behind a spoiler:

EIpribeXsAAh0on.jpg
Edited by QueenSerena
  • Love 4

Eve I think is the one that ends up in prison over Jennifer's fall.  I like the idea of JJ interacting with Eric and Brady two characters he normally doesn't deal with although it figures they would give him something to work with just as he's about to leave the show.

• Love 1

These spoilers blow. My God, I don't want to wish for cancellation as there are so few soaps left, but if THIS is the best we get? Pull the damned plug. This ALMOST makes Melaswen look like Hemingway. (I did say almost!)

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
40 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I loled!

I am personally excited for this time jump and all the seeming insanity. I just want to be entertained! I'm sure it'll all go to shit quickly but I suspect I'll enjoy it for a bit. 

I'm looking forward to it too I don't think spoilers sound that bad 

• Love 6

So, it is a year later and Princess Gina is still around. Do people realize that they haven't seen Hope or are they still thinking that she has just changed her wardrobe and speaks with a surprisingly bad accent?

And I am guessing that Eve has been jailed for pushing Jennifer. I don't know why JJ would go back to drugs or why Ciara is done with Ben, but who is she going to wrap herself around like a cobra if he isn't there? She just hangs on Ben all the time.

And if Sarah's baby drama takes a turn after the year, I am guessing it is that spoiler that she had a miscarriage. That is too bad for Xander, since for some unknown reason, he adores her. YUCK.

Plus, just saw a brief article in TV Guide that Deidre Hall says, happily, that we will be getting lots more of HATTIE! The last time Hattie and Bonnie were on, they both overstayed their limited welcome. I get that the actors like doing something different, but they need to save that garbage for their holiday parties!

• Love 6

How much do you want to bet we're going to get a Hattie, Bonnie, Gina, Vivian 2.0 and Kristin 2.0 scene at some point....?

Ron just wants to stack the crazies from the floor to the ceiling.

I just realized the reason why Ron is so excited about this contrivance is because he loves doing plots with very temporary shock value. So every day, now he has an excuse to write in a flashback with some small reveals or big reveals like it's one big Halloween episode or Friday afternoon cliffhanger. He can say Sarah took a cruise and the ship exploded and she had to fight off a shark, simply because he knows he'll never have to actually film any of that or have it affect the character. It's going to be like watching your friends talk about a whole bunch of shit that you weren't there for and don't care two cents about.

I wish Corday cared enough about his parent's creation to find a writer who actually likes these characters as people and has ideas about where they can go for the next five years. If the show had a sense of direction it wouldn't constantly feel like it's circling the toilet and dredging up of fond memories of turds from days gone by (here's looking at you, Gina!)

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Is Ken their only child? Doesn't he have a more competent relative that could run the show instead?

After the time jump, we learn of Adrienne's death. Kayla was there to support a grieving, Justin, which brings them closer. Their friendship leads to romance. They become the new duo of Salem. Oh, boy!

Source: TV Guide Soaps

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Is Ken their only child? Doesn't he have a more competent relative that could run the show instead?

After the time jump, we learn of Adrienne's death. Kayla was there to support a grieving, Justin, which brings them closer. Their friendship leads to romance. They become the new duo of Salem. Oh, boy!

Barf. I like Kayla. Justin? Meh. Together?  Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I have a feeling I will soon do with Days as I did so long ago with GH when this hack took over that show: Quit watching.

• Love 5

I like Kayla and Justin although I think he was a much better character when he was allowed to be a competent lawyer and was more of a womanizer. Course I also think Kayla was better back in the day when heroines weren't written as one note saps.

That being said I find this spoiler easier to take than some of the others out there.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Hattie and likely Bonnie again? Yes, Virginia, hell on earth does exist!

100% disagree. They could get 4 episode/week guarantees and it still wouldn't be enough. The only problem is that they outshine their acting partners so much. 

2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I read that the spoiler that says that Kayla goes home for a romantic moment is interrupted by the return of Steve (in body, anyway).

2 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

I’m actually fine with Kayla and Justin. It will be nice to see her romanced. And I’ve never been a big Adrienne fan, so I’m fine with her dying.

Yeah, but that means the return of Bonnie.

2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Barf. I like Kayla. Justin? Meh. Together?  Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I have a feeling I will soon do with Days as I did so long ago with GH when this hack took over that show: Quit watching.

Same here. I will not watch Kayla and Justin together. This is Shayla all over again.  Ron could have written a good story for Justin and Adrienne. They have 3 sons that could have come to town and shake things up.  I have always liked that Justin and Adrienne struggled with infidelity, infertility and monogamy.  Ron killed off Anjelica and she could have mixed it up with Justin/Adrienne, Alexander, Jack/Jennifer, Steve/Kayla and Victor. She could have even messed with Philip insuring that Alexander would have Titan infuriating Kate. After all is said and done, Kate and Anjelica could have become friends.

I really hate Ron even more than Dena. Dena always saw the importance of Justin/ Adrienne and their place on the show. She made it her business to bring Sonny on the show and was planning on bringing back Alexander and Anjelica to give them stories.  She got fired and Ron scrapped her plans to bring Alex back and trashed Anjelica..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I really hate Ron even more than Dena. Dena always saw the importance of Justin/ Adrienne and their place on the show. She made it her business to bring Sonny on the show and was planning on bringing back Alexander and Anjelica to give them stories.

Yeah, but I keep reading rumors that Judi Evans wanted to play Bonnie. But even then, I don't give a shit. She probably wanted Bonnie for more airtime, which I can't blame her for, but at what cost? The writers could have spiced Adrienne up, and SHE has the much-longer history on this show. Bonnie is a fucking cartoon. And no way in hell will I be able to tolerate Bonnie AND Hattie AND more Princess Gina. Fuck that noise. Sorry to be crude, but this is all that this shit deserves.

Ted and Betty Corday are doing gymnastics in their graves. Kenny obviously did not inherit their talent.

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Same here. I will not watch Kayla and Justin together. This is Shayla all over again.  Ron could have written a good story for Justin and Adrienne. They have 3 sons that could have come to town and shake things up.  I have always liked that Justin and Adrienne struggled with infidelity, infertility and monogamy.  Ron killed off Anjelica and she could have mixed it up with Justin/Adrienne, Alexander, Jack/Jennifer, Steve/Kayla and Victor. She could have even messed with Philip insuring that Alexander would have Titan infuriating Kate. After all is said and done, Kate and Anjelica could have become friends.

I really hate Ron even more than Dena. Dena always saw the importance of Justin/ Adrienne and their place on the show. She made it her business to bring Sonny on the show and was planning on bringing back Alexander and Anjelica to give them stories.  She got fired and Ron scrapped her plans to bring Alex back and trashed Anjelica..

Robin Strasser should've come on the show as Angelica Devereaux. For all the reasons you mentioned plus it would make her scenes with Eve less contrived because she'd have a legit reason to get into Eve's face. Heck she could torment Will/Sonny and JJ/Haley as well..... probably mix it up with Gabi over Abby I mean really if there was a character return that could be useful it would be this one.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Yeah, but I keep reading rumors that Judi Evans wanted to play Bonnie. But even then, I don't give a shit. She probably wanted Bonnie for more airtime, which I can't blame her for, but at what cost? The writers could have spiced Adrienne up, and SHE has the much-longer history on this show. Bonnie is a fucking cartoon. And no way in hell will I be able to tolerate Bonnie AND Hattie AND more Princess Gina. Fuck that noise. Sorry to be crude, but this is all that this shit deserves.

Ted and Betty Corday are doing gymnastics in their graves. Kenny obviously did not inherit their talent.

This reminds me of Another World when Jensen Buchanan decided she only wanted to play Vicky after having played Vicky and Marley for a few years. Marley was written out and she only played Vicky. I understood why she wanted to do that because Vicky was written better and more interesting. I think in the long run the character of Vicky suffered without her twin sister there.  The Vicky/Marley bond was so special when Anne Heche played them. Not to mention, Vicky became more like Marley as time went on. So what the hell was the point.. I never cared for Jensen's version of the twins, Anne Heche was just so wonderful as the twins..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 7
26 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

This reminds me of Another World when Jensen Buchanan decided she only wanted to play Vicky after having played Vicky and Marley for a few years. Marley was written out and she only played Vicky. I understood why she wanted to do that because Vicky was written better and more interesting. I think in the long run the character of Vicky suffered without her twin sister there.  The Vicky/Marley bond was so special when Anne Heche played them. Not to mention, Vicky became more like Marley as time went on. So what the hell was the point.. I never cared for Jensen's version of the twins, Anne Heche was just so wonderful as the twins..

That's not entirely accurate Marley did return and had plastic surgery but Ellen Wheeler played her(and yes we were to suspend disbelief that she was taller than Vicky but I digress) and even on ATWT when Donna/Marley got the twins after Jake died she reprised that role. I think Anne Heche was the best Marley and Vicky but I thought JB's Vicky had the best chem with Ryan. 

That being said that was easier to take than this as Vicky and Marley were actual twins who have a connection to AW. Bonnie and Adrienne aren't related they just look alike. They're killing off a character(for now at least) that has a long standing history on the show and could add to a variety of storylines to bring back a character that has no real ties to the show anymore.... but she's a cartoon schemer so there you go.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

That's not entirely accurate Marley did return and had plastic surgery but Ellen Wheeler played her(and yes we were to suspend disbelief that she was taller than Vicky but I digress) and even on ATWT when Donna/Marley got the twins after Jake died she reprised that role. I think Anne Heche was the best Marley and Vicky but I thought JB's Vicky had the best chem with Ryan. 

That being said that was easier to take than this as Vicky and Marley were actual twins who have a connection to AW. Bonnie and Adrienne aren't related they just look alike. They're killing off a character(for now at least) that has a long standing history on the show and could add to a variety of storylines to bring back a character that has no real ties to the show anymore.... but she's a cartoon schemer so there you go.

Jensen was asked to replay Marley for years and she refused. She only agreed to do it for a few weeks with the agreement that Ellen Wheeler would continue as Marley.  They had Ellen's Marley fixate on her rapist Jake and tried to kill Vicky. Talk about character assassination, why do soaps do that? It is why we have only 4 left.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Jensen was asked to replay Marley for years and she refused. She only agreed to do it for a few weeks with the agreement that Ellen Wheeler would continue as Marley.  They had Ellen's Marley fixate on her rapist Jake who tried to kill Vicky. Talk about character assassination, why do soaps do that?

Yeah I try to block out the Jake/Marley thing.. At the time I think it was for the best AW was cancelled 20 years ago I mean yeah I grew up watching that soap along with GH and Days but it was so bad by the time it ended I shudder to think how bad it would've gotten had it continued to air today.... 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Yeah I try to block out the Jake/Marley thing.. At the time I think it was for the best AW was cancelled 20 years ago I mean yeah I grew up watching that soap along with GH and Days but it was so bad by the time it ended I shudder to think how bad it would've gotten had it continued to air today.... 

Gross, disgusting and what a slap in the face to the audience made up mostly of women having a rape victim like Marley fall for her rapist Jake. Not to mention, it ruined that awesome scene of Marley confronting Jake at the hospital years ago. Anne was on fire as Marley in those scenes.. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 2

I think Justin and Kayla will be boring but I also don't think they're end game so I'm willing to see this play out.  I hated Shayla because they started forcasting it an hour after Steve died and it felt just so gross to have it so obvious where it was going before the body was cold.  But with this being a time jump and because we've never seen scenes with Justin and Kayla being particularly close, this doesn't bother me.   

This whole time jump is a weird flex but I doubt it will be worse than the stuff that preceded it if thepeople who are telling the story are having fun, hopefully the story will be fun.  And if not, well, days will have gone off the air trying something which I guess is better than not trying something.

• Love 3

The problem with Justin and Kayla (aside from the obvious killing of Adrienne part) is that there's not going to be any build up between the two.  They're not even having scenes now. 

So they're just going to jump in with them as a couple. It'll be whiplash for the audience.  I doubt anyone will care about them as a couple and will only want Steve and Kayla reunited.

I wonder if Adrienne really dies or if she "dies" but it's really Bonnie and then Rolfe implants Bonnie into Adrienne, Stefano into Steve, Gina into Hope and then potentially more.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Ron scrapped her plans to bring Alex back and trashed Anjelica..

The show was definitely more boring under Dena. As much as I dislike Ron's constant shock value stories and how quickly they are discarded and recycled, I remember whole stretches of time on the show before his arrival where all I was being subjected to was Abigail and Rafe and his mother and the stripper nurse that she brought with her from Mexico...and I couldn't understand what the hell it was I was even watching anymore. All the main characters were in the background and the stories barely interconnected and characters very rarely interrelated beyond those small storylines. It was like the show was trying to be cancelled. And as much as Angelica may have been a character with plenty of history, she was reintroduced by Dina and they hired Morgan Fairchild, who was a hot mess. There was no character there at all. It was just Morgan Fairchild's last acting job (I assume). It was painful. Killing the character off was a relief because I felt embarrassed for everybody.

I'm sure there's probably stuff Dena did that I liked, but by and large that whole final era before Ron came aboard had all the energy of a funeral procession.

1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

I never cared for Jensen's version of the twins, Anne Heche was just so wonderful as the twins

Absolutely. She set the bar incredibly high. I was watching some of her final scenes as the twins recently and it was really startling how good every aspect of the show was. The writing, the cinematography, the use of body doubles, everything... You almost didn't want the camera to cut away from one character because you were so loving the performance they were giving. And voila - there was an equally compelling performance being given from the other side of the scene by the same damn actress, somehow able to throw in enough subtleties to make you believe she was two separate people. Incredible. I don't know how Anne had the energy to deliver so fully on two characters at the same time.

I don't know Judi Evans personally but I'd like to think she would never put any demands on the show to kill off her main character. Adrienne is in a super couple. Bonnie is not. Pretty much every actor on daytime openly admits that if the person they are playing doesn't have a love story, then their days are numbered. So something tells me that Judi may enjoy playing Bonnie more, but that she would never advocate for Adrienne being killed off. I'm sure Deidre Hall probably has more fun playing Hattie too, but she would be crazy to go along with killing off Marlena in favour of, as you put it, a cartoonish supporting character.

Kayla and Justin is kind of gross. Why didn't Ron revisit Justin and Eve? He was so sympathetic towards her back during the 50th anniversary and they looked terrific together on camera. If Kayla needed to be paired up with anybody, I would have rather they brought back that Australian doctor who won a brief stint on the show in some kind of talent competition. His acting wasn't especially interesting but he was handsome and game and flirted convincingly with Kayla. They probably could have wooed him back to the show for 2 months for very little money and had themselves a more compelling love story than Kayla hopping into the sack with yet another man over 50.

Say what you want about Kristen, but at least she's going after a young man with stamina on his side.

The Justin Adrienne stuff makes me sad because they don't seem to have much chemistry, and since I started watching in 2013 all they did was fight about breaking up, break up, and then she had her cancer scare and got with Lucas (?) then she ended up in prison and then they quickly ended up together...and the whole thing felt like an afterthought. Is this is the worst treatment a super couple has received on this show? It's like the producers themselves feel nobody cares about them.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

The problem with Justin and Kayla (aside from the obvious killing of Adrienne part) is that there's not going to be any build up between the two.  They're not even having scenes now. 

So they're just going to jump in with them as a couple. It'll be whiplash for the audience.  I doubt anyone will care about them as a couple and will only want Steve and Kayla reunited.

I wonder if Adrienne really dies or if she "dies" but it's really Bonnie and then Rolfe implants Bonnie into Adrienne, Stefano into Steve, Gina into Hope and then potentially more.

This all sounds so totally dreadful.  Too bad somebody, anybody, can't transplant a decent writers brain into Ron C.'s giant inflated, empty head.

If those two freaks, Hattie and Bonnie, show up for more than a handful of episodes I really will be out.

There's years of sequential episodes of Ryan's Hope online that'll more than make up for the crap on DOOL I just won't watch.

Isn't Kristen bad enough?

• Love 13

Robin Strasser should've come on the show as Angelica Devereaux.

I don't think Robin would have necessarily worked much better as Anjelica.  Marginally so if anything.

I have a radical idea, you know who should have come on as Anjelica? Judith Chapman.  She has the skills and the right demeanor to play that role.

Oh silly me.  She already played that role didn't she?  We can't have that, can we?  We might get 30 year old flashbacks of Anjelica with the current group of actors/characters and they'd actually be able to use their knowledge of pre-built relationships to fill in the writing gaps. 

Too logical

1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

I don't know Judi Evans personally but I'd like to think she would never put any demands on the show to kill off her main character.

She might be excited at the idea because she knows a crazier character under this writing regime is likely to get her more work than her stable character with history.  But I doubt she has anywhere near the clout to make such demands. They barely use her.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I don't think Robin would have necessarily worked much better as Anjelica.  Marginally so if anything.

I have a radical idea, you know who should have come on as Anjelica? Judith Chapman.  She has the skills and the right demeanor to play that role.

Oh silly me.  She already played that role didn't she?  We can't have that, can we?  We might get 30 year old flashbacks of Anjelica with the current group of actors/characters and they'd actually be able to use their knowledge of pre-built relationships to fill in the writing gaps. 

Too logical

She might be excited at the idea because she knows a crazier character under this writing regime is likely to get her more work than her stable character with history.  But I doubt she has anywhere near the clout to make such demands. They barely use her.

I would've preferred Judith Chapman return as Anjelica than the cartoon version of Diana. They ruined what decent Diana memories I had.

But if they were going to have Robin be recast in a role I think Anjelica suits her more than Vivian because Dorian on OLTL was more like Anjelica than Vivian anyways.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

No I agree with you. Bonnie, Hattie, PG are THEW MUCH. And to add to those deranged coo coos he’s also bringing back Abby? 

Ron really isn’t happy unless crazy banshee women are front burner and the remainder are moping over or propping a man like MLM people with the fervence of having trapped someone in an elevator or are injured/dying.

I high key hate the Lockharts and wish this show would discretely pretend they never existed. 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Wow, I think you probably called it. Maybe they can just have everyone play another character implanted into their body or whatever lol. I won't lie, I would love that shit!

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
55 minutes ago, bybrandy said:

Do we know she is playing Bonnie?  She hasn't been indicted as being around lately in any form.

Spoilers or Jason47 said Bonnie would be back. Plus Tboz/Sheila’s coming back and they were friends in the clink. 

• Love 3

Wait a minute, please refresh my memory, didn't Hattie end up in jail? I've wanted Chandler and Deidre to share more scenes again, but potentially as Will and Hattie?!?!?! Ugh, monkey's paw, you always show up at the worst time. 🙄

Here are a couple S I D previews for next week, btw:

EIxOyOwUwAAlHKl.jpg

EIxOsvCUwAItSJ5.jpg

Since it's been speculated quite a bit, I'm going to guess that Ben's surprising confidante is Will, but I have seen some people guessing that it's Clyde. I don't believe he'll be on screen for a while yet, based on when he filmed for the Days app, but we shall see. Speaking of monkey's paw, it appears I'll have to watch my most hated character (Ben) if I want to see my favorite character (Will) for the foreseeable future. No thanks, Show!

Edited by QueenSerena
  • Love 6

I haven't read this anywhere, just my own supposition, but I think it's going to turn out that Clyde is the father of Jordan's baby.  I think that sort of scuzzy "twist" is right up Ron C.'s alley, and it would explain both why Jordan won't name the father and gets so mad when he's even mentioned, and why she's gotten even nuttier than she was before.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I always thought the big secret Jordan had during her first stint was that Clyde knocked Jordan up at around 13/14 and her mother instead of defending her protected Clyde and passed Ben off as her son. 

It would explain so much and would be an explosive secret....

• Useful 3
  • Love 6

Ben/Clyde scenes usually deliver although I get this is probably going to get me to feel bad for Ben and I don't.

I don't mind Xarah bonding but I don't want Xander to be a complete sap either.

OK this is a silly question on this show but isn't Clyde dead?

• Useful 1