Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

Just when KDP is getting something "real" to play, she's leaving :( In all fairness, I would have left a long time ago. The writers put this lady in "kiddie land", retconned a Jenn/Eve evil rivalry, and had her playing a tramp. The original character of Eve, while incredibly faulty, would have never slept with JJ. In my opinion, KDP deserved better than this. I wish her great success and hope to see her on my screen again in the future in a role that she truly deserves.

I agree with just about everything you said (although am not sure Original Eve wouldn't have slept with anyone, since she was, at one time, a sex worker, and fell in love with her pimp -- the girl had issues, is all I'm saying). Still it has been an incredible waste of Kassie DePaiva's time and talent to put her in the kiddie pool with Paige and JJ to the exclusion of all other stories. It's been a waste of Missy Reeves' time and talent, too. And their contrived, retconned feud is so juvenile. I never watched OLTL, so it's not like I'm a long time KDP fan, but her talent is obvious. I just can't believe the new writers are getting rid of her, just when she's starting to get some adult storylines like mourning a child, leaning on Justin, confronting Eduardo. I hope they write her off in a way that they can bring her back, without us having to endure yet another back from the dead storyline.

While I don't like the current portrayal of Will. I love the character and don't think he should be killed. As was stated upthread, put him in a coma and remove him from canvass. Recast in a few months and have Will come out of the coma.

This is a classic case of over correcting the ship. In the case of Eve and KDP, find a way to keep a phenomenal actress on the show even though she was miscast and misused. In the case of Will, keep the character, and replace the actor whose portrayal is less than stellar, in large part due to the writing.

I agree. I think the writing for Will only went south though, after the recast. Guy Wilson plays Will so differently and I think his performance started to influence the writing (or at least, that's my guess). 

Okay I know most here will think I'm crazy but I didn't think kdp could act worth a damn and I'm glad to see her go, I'm not a fan of Chloe and will fast forward threw her scenes. I'm going to miss will and daniel. The show is turning flip side and I'm lost at sea wondering of its even worth watching anymore. Don't get me wrong the stories have been good but they are getting rid of all the people I like and will probably bring in a bunch of strangers I could care less about. That's mho

I cannot look at Chloe. Nadia is gorgeous, but her orange skin skeeves me out. I can't even call Daniel "Dr. Tan," because in my mind, Chloe is such a spray-tan abuser that everyone else in her orbit looks natural, by comparison. Plus, while she can sing, I don't think she can act her way out of a paper bag. She had some pretty meaty storylines -- the pregnancy/Who's The Daddy thing, the being forced into prostitution thing, and all I felt is that everyone around her was carrying this actress through the role. She seems to be a producer favorite, though.

So the audience is going to know this far in advance who the killer is?  Interesting approach - 

The whole thing sounds like a wholesale bloodbath - this is one tough area of show business (as most of it is) to be in as so many of these actors don't end up working elsewhere; maybe some on stage - must be tough to lose one of these gigs.

And, how is a 70 year old man supposed to be Stefano's son? How old is Stefano supposed to be??

The thing is, as Tony DiMera, Thaao has always played Stefano's son, so what's the difference if, as Andre, he also plays Stefano's son?

I was also shocked to hear that Kassie DePaiva had been fired too.  I recently got back to watching DOOL because Peter Reckell was coming back.  I was impressed by Kassie's acting when she had that breakdown/meltdown over Paige's death.  I can only think the reason why she was fired was because now there is a lack of storyline for Eve after her daughter's death.  And oh, I wonder if Eve is also going to fall prey to the Salem Serial Killer.  I think it's a shame.  Kassie gave a very gracious statement about her departure from DOOL on her website.  She said she enjoyed her time at Days but understand that characters from soaps come and go all the time.  She urges everyone to still watch DOOL and wish DOOL will continue on for more years.  Very classy!

I can't believe they are going to kill off Will Horton.  I don't know if this is going to be a good thing or bad thing for DOOL.  But as long as it brings a good storyline for Lucas and Sami, I think I can bear watching that.  I don't know, maybe they'll put Will in a long coma or something and when he appears he'll be played by another actor. 

I don't think Eve is going to fall prey to the serial killer, because I think that storyline wraps around the anniversary, and Kassie is slated to sing on the Christmas episode.

Question: didn't Steve say something about Bo having gone off after taking Caroline to the Doctor's to find his mother? And isn't John also looking up information about his birth parents?

...think the show might suddenly turn them into biological brothers? That would be a big deal Anniversary twist, but I don't know how badly that would reflect on their shared history (and dating history)....

And also: why hasn't Steve asked Caroline about the last time she saw Bo after he brought her to the clinic or whatever?? Wasn't she the last person to actually see him alive?

Narrative-wise, Caroline isn't the last person to have seen Bo. After Peter Reckell left, Hope had one-sided phone conversations with Bo, for a while. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that during his first Christmas away, Hope and Ciara "met" up with him on Sean and Belle's boat. We never saw Bo, Sean, or Belle, but I remember a scene between Hope and Ciara, and the implication was that Bo was on another part of the boat. I only remember this, because when Reckell first left, for quite some time, Bo was still tangential to the stories, and I kind of got a kick out of the fact that they were writing something for him, even though there was no one to play him.

Edited by General Days
  • Love 3

I agree with just about everything you said (although am not sure Original Eve wouldn't have slept with anyone, since she was, at one time, a sex worker, and fell in love with her pimp -- the girl had issues, is all I'm saying). Still it has been an incredible waste of Kassie DePaiva's time and talent to put her in the kiddie pool with Page and JJ to the exclusion of all other stories. It's been a waste of Missy Reeves' time and talent, too. And their contrived, retconned feud is so juvenile. I never watched OLTL, so it's not like I'm a long time KDP fan, but her talent is obvious. I just can't believe the new writers are getting rid of her, just when she's starting to get some adult storylines like mourning a child, leaning on Justin, confronting Eduardo. I hope they write her off in a way that they can bring her back, without us having to endure yet another back from the dead storyline.

I agree. I think the writing for Will only went south though, after the recast. Guy Wilson plays Will so differently and I think his performance started to influence the writing (or at least, that's my guess). 

I cannot look at Chloe. Nadia is gorgeous, but her orange skin skeeves me out. I can't even call Daniel "Dr. Tan," because in my mind, Chloe is such a spray-tan abuser that everyone else in her orbit looks natural, by comparison. Plus, while she can sing, I don't think she can act her way out of a paper bag. She had some pretty meaty storylines -- the pregnancy/Who's The Daddy thing, the being forced into prostitution thing, and all I felt is that everyone around her was carrying this actress through the role. She seems to be a producer favorite, though.

The thing is, as Tony DiMera, Thaao has always played Stefano's son, so what's the difference if, as Andre, he also plays Stefano's son?

I don't think Eve is going to fall prey to the serial killer, because I think that storyline wraps around the anniversary, and Kassie is slated to sing on the Christmas episode.

Narrative-wise, Caroline isn't the last person to have seen Bo. After Peter Reckell left, Hope had one-sided phone conversations with Bo, for a while. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that during his first Christmas away, Hope and Ciara "met" up with him on Sean and Belle's boat. We never saw Bo, Sean, or Belle, but I remember a scene between Hope and Ciara, and the implication was that Bo was on another part of the boat. I only remember this, because when Reckell first left, for quite some time, Bo was still tangential to the stories, and I kind of got a kick out of the fact that they were writing something for him, even though there was no one to play him.

You are correct...

• Love 1

I read the killings continue into the new year.

Huh. I've seen spoilers suggesting there are two separate killers. I wonder if that explains it, or if I'm just all mixed up. In another thread, I posted about Sarah Brown returning and now I'm wondering if I just got my GH Carly Bensons screwed up and if it's really Tamara Braun that's returning. I'm trying to find my post and fix it.

Huh. I've seen spoilers suggesting there are two separate killers.

I also saw a spoiler that mentioned a "Days-aster" in 2016, so maybe the serial killer story does end around the bicentennial, and "more killings/deaths" continue in the new year with the disaster.

Either way, they are definitely cleaning house to make room for the new actors/characters.

I have just come back to watching this show because of the *returns*.I like this Abigail, and Chad. the serial killer story can clean house, and they do seem to be trying to confuse us who the killer is. Ben right now ? I am enjoying the show so far. I did not watch much of OLTL but KDP brought tears to my eyes talking about her daughter and of course A Martinez had the look of pain. Hope they keep him he is a very good and talented actor. Not hired for his looks ,anymore. I miss Jack, wish they hadn't killed him off. I also like Aiden . The actor is one of my favorites and he has chemistry with Hope , I was always a Bo and Hope fan but if he is not back for good, why ruin this ? I just returned so I will keep the complaints down to one. EJammi was one of the main reasons I shut the show off, their love turned my stomach. It's a shame Kassie will be going but I guess the show has plenty of females in that range ,and they are also talented. JMO

• Love 1

I also like Aiden . The actor is one of my favorites and he has chemistry with Hope , I was always a Bo and Hope fan but if he is not back for good, why ruin this ?

Well, Dena Higley, who was brought back to help correct the show just loves the actor who plays Rafe. Even as people were speculating about the future of Bo and Hope, she was giving interviews declaring her Rafe love and stating that he is Hope's next love interest. So contrary to the belief of some, Hope and Aiden aren't being ruined to clear the way for Bo; they are being ruined to clear the way for Rafe, because sorry to say GG has shown time and time again, that he can't carry a story line unless propped up by a core character, see Sami, Kate and next Hope.

• Love 6

Spoilers for the week of October 5th..

Monday October 5:
Victor and Roman try to convince Kayla to allow the experimental drug to be used on Caroline.

Tuesday October 6:
Theresa and Brady fear something is wrong with Tate.
Chad and Stefano come up with a plan to flush out Clyde.

Wednesday October 7:
Aiden realizes there may be another way for him to pay off his debts.

Thursday October 8:
Will uncovers key evidence regarding the Necktie Killer.

Friday October 9:
The Necktie Killer claims another victim!

I only came back for #WilSon. Undoing this amazingly beautiful story in this way is gut wrenching. I'm okay with divorce and such...it's typical soap. But to just wreck the hell out of it for temporary veteran returns and temporary ratings? That's bullshit.

• Love 3

I'm still hoping it will be a fake-out, and that Will won't actually die but everyone will be made to think so in order to protect him from the murderer.  It makes no sense to kill off a legacy character, especially a groundbreaking one like Will.  The character would be fine with a rest and a recast.

• Love 2

I only came back for #WilSon. Undoing this amazingly beautiful story in this way is gut wrenching. I'm okay with divorce and such...it's typical soap. But to just wreck the hell out of it for temporary veteran returns and temporary ratings? That's bullshit.

It's not like Will is the first part of a popular couple to be killed off - Hope, Jack, Marlena, Jack, Roman, Jack, John, Jack, Jack, Jack.

So his "journalism skills" are going to get him killed.  Oh Will, should have picked a different "career".

Edited by TeeVee329

It better be a fakeout..I hope we get a scene of Sonny in a hospital somewhere with a comatose Will surrounded by doctors...I doubt it....Months later after Ben is revealed as one of the serial killers, we learn that Will has awaken from his coma and is slowly recovering from his injuries...Ben will be in Salem till early 2016. There was a picture of the actor on the show filming New Year's Eve episodes....Ben killing Will is so ironic, given the fact that he worked for Sonny and was friends with him...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

It's not like Will is the first part of a popular couple to be killed off - Hope, Jack, Marlena, Jack, Roman, Jack, John, Jack, Jack, Jack.

So his "journalism skills" are going to get him killed.  Oh Will, should have picked a different "career".

Those were fake outs (except the final Jack...so far). They've said all deaths after a certain point are real and final. 

I giggle that his "journalism skills" will be his undoing, too. Can't help it.

• Love 1

Those were fake outs (except the final Jack...so far). They've said all deaths after a certain point are real and final.

I feel like they said that all the time, though.  "He/She is really, really, really, REALLY truly dead, pinky swear!".

And don't get me wrong, I don't think it's the greatest decision in the world to kill Will when an attack slash off-screen coma would suffice.    But I don't think Will (or Sonny or Paul) should be immune from this type of soap story just because they're gay.

It is not about them being immune, it is the fact that there are not alot of Gay people on screen, especially a Gay family. Ari is going to be raise in a Heterosexual household now. Will will be dead and Sonny has no legal rights to her. Killing Will off is lazy and unimaginative writing...I feel that Corday is pandering to the conservative section of the viewers..This is like Kish all over again, minus the death....

I wish that they had made a connection between Will's tenacity with his journalism with Roman's tenacity as an officer..It was his determination to get the goods on Stefano that unleashed Stefano's wrath on the Brady family all those years ago..Andre was a serial killer who took over Tony's life and framed Roman for the murders with the tacit approval of his Uncle Stefano...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

So Will finds out who it is and that's why he's killed. I guess he confronts him instead of going to half his family that's on the police force/ISA?

Doesn't surprise me. JJ & Jen won't go to the police either.

Don't forget Steve and EJ too. 

Speaking of EJ.... This is so awesome.  Kuddos to AS & JS for coming together to do this for a special fan. LOL @ "trollop."

https://soapshows.com/days-of-our-lives/news-days/days-sami-and-ej-finally-reunite-for-the-right-cause

• Love 2

It is not about them being immune, it is the fact that there are not alot of Gay people on screen, especially a Gay family. Ari is going to be raise in a Heterosexual household now. Will will be dead and Sonny has no legal rights to her. Killing Will off is lazy and unimaginative writing...I feel that Corday is pandering to the conservative section of the viewers..This is like Kish all over again, minus the death....

I don't disagree with it being lazy and unimaginative when, again, it would be easier to just coma him because it's true they are a dearth of gay characters.

But I also want the gay characters to be treated like everyone other soap character.  That means having affairs, going on adventures, getting married, getting divorced, having kids that gets SORASed, etc.  Nothing should be off-limits because of the characters' sexuality.

I feel your pain, though, I was gutted when Kish got axed.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

It is not about them being immune, it is the fact that there are not alot of Gay people on screen, especially a Gay family. Ari is going to be raise in a Heterosexual household now. Will will be dead and Sonny has no legal rights to her. Killing Will off is lazy and unimaginative writing...

That. I'm not upset that they ruined the couple (I am but hey, it's a soap) but death is not the way to do this. It's cheap and hacky.

• Love 4

Peanut, thanks for the link!

That is so effing brilliant. We get to hear EJ describe Kristin and "witch doctors" bringing him back to life, AND John Oliver calls Abby a trollop?!

Possibly better than anything the 50th will offer up.

Wonder if NBC had to sign off on this...

• Love 6

This entire Will thing is just like Georgie Jones on GH---a child we saw grow up on screen who played a huge part for so many characters, being killed off for some cheap terrible stunt.... It's tacky and gross and unnecessary... And part of one of the better couples in the last few years--gay or straight.... What a waste... 

• Love 7

I don't think NBC had to sign off on anything... I just rewatched the whole thing and they never actually name names through the whole skit (except for their delightful fan) -- EJ, Sami, Stefano, Kristen... none of them are mentioned by name. "It's you! It's really you!" "It's me." "My father would never let me die like that. My sister ensured I would survive the morgue... etc etc"

It's actually quite clever all the way through because recapping the storyline sets everything up. You know that's Sami and you know that's EJ simply from the lead in but having those two characters play a scene that involves no mention of actual NBC/Corday characters when neither actor is on contract to NBC/Corday. Just really really clever all around.

• Love 7

I don't disagree with it being lazy and unimaginative when, again, it would be easier to just coma him because it's true they are a dearth of gay characters.

But I also want the gay characters to be treated like everyone other soap character.  That means having affairs, going on adventures, getting married, getting divorced, having kids that gets SORASed, etc.  Nothing should be off-limits because of the characters' sexuality.

I feel your pain, though, I was gutted when Kish got axed.

I want the gay characters to be treated just like their straight counterpart..However, we are not there yet, when it comes to representation of gays on television. I hated Tomsell, but I will applaud  them for giving a gay couple frontburner status, their own family, an interloper and their own set of problems.  They did not write gay men as being asexual saints with no lives of their own, who only exist to support the straight characters on the show. They even gave us a gay men of color in the form of Paul.  I did not agree with what they did to Wilson after they got married..I appreciated their efforts..I doubt that Will would die, if Tomsell were still writing the show..I guess that old adage is true, be careful what you wish for...I wanted Tomsell gone and now I am not so sure anymore...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

And maaaybe I would have understood it more if Sonny was on contract and you could do a long dramatic arc about Sonny grieving and then moving on with his life, like Jen used to do every time Jack died.  But if Freddie Smith's just popping in and out...it's bizarre.

Exactly, it would have been better with Sonny having to be strong for his daughter Ari, trying to move on with his life..It would have been fascinating to see his interactions with Paul as a single dad. How would Will's family react to Paulson getting together, while Will is dead..So many story possibilities...Plus, we would have the added bonus of knowing that Will is really alive and  being held captive somewhere..It is a  Brady tradition..lol  Perhaps one of the Brady's could have tried to take custody of Arianna from Sonny, with Victor playing dirty to keep Arianna a Kiriakis. That could have reignited the old Kiriakis/Brady history of animosity...They could have done so many things...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

Peanut, thanks for the link!

That is so effing brilliant. We get to hear EJ describe Kristin and "witch doctors" bringing him back to life, AND John Oliver calls Abby a trollop?!

Possibly better than anything the 50th will offer up.

Wonder if NBC had to sign off on this...

You're welcome. The whole thing made my day. What a sweet thing to do for a fan like that, especially since neither AS or JS are on the show anymore. It really made me miss them.  I know there's a great divide about them as a couple but in just that brief scene I could really feel their chemistry and it's clear the actors enjoy working together.  Plus it was very cute and creative so now that I think about it, Corday and NBC probably weren't involved at all ;-)   This is the ending that Ejami fans really wanted so at least it's out there. 

And I died laughing on the "trollop" line. Made me think of this board and the great debate over on current plot discussion. 

• Love 6
I don't think NBC had to sign off on anything... I just rewatched the whole thing and they never actually name names through the whole skit (except for their delightful fan) -- EJ, Sami, Stefano, Kristen... none of them are mentioned by name. "It's you! It's really you!" "It's me." "My father would never let me die like that. My sister ensured I would survive the morgue... etc etc"

It's actually quite clever all the way through because recapping the storyline sets everything up. You know that's Sami and you know that's EJ simply from the lead in but having those two characters play a scene that involves no mention of actual NBC/Corday characters when neither actor is on contract to NBC/Corday. Just really really clever all around.

Totally. And it's so strangely amazing how this poor girl struggling as she has has in a round about way given all the EJami fans something they otherwise wouldn't have had. I realize that's really not the way the universe works, but I think it's remarkable that ever "her wish" has given others something to smile about as well. Kudos to John Oliver and the actors. Awesome stuff and as you said, very well set up to avoid litigation. I wonder what the rest of the cast thought of when they found out...any comments or kudos on Twitter?

Entirely separate note - it really makes me sad/uncomfortable that a girl in a foreign country is shipping a relationship that stems from a rape.

• Love 5
It's not like Will is the first part of a popular couple to be killed off - Hope, Jack, Marlena, Jack, Roman, Jack, John, Jack, Jack, Jack

I giggle that his "journalism skills" will be his undoing, too. Can't help it.

I have a question. I've been a longtime viewers since 1986 but from say maybe the last 6 years or so I've been a more on/off viewer so I admit to missing a lot but when was the last death of a major character that didnt actually stay dead? I'm asking because it feels like its not something they really do anymore despite so many beloved characters dying and coming back.  I was a huge EJ/Sami fan and was gutted when he died yet I clung to this small glimmer of hope he wouldnt stay dead because of rumors and such and the last death I remember before EJ's that fell into the time period I was watching regularly was Lexie..so yeah I'm just curious if there have been any recent examples of dead but not really dead?

• Love 2

I have a question. I've been a longtime viewers since 1986 but from say maybe the last 6 years or so I've been a more on/off viewer so I admit to missing a lot but when was the last death of a major character that didnt actually stay dead?

That would be Andre DiMeara, who has been "dead" for years, but just showed up back in Salem without any real explanation (or any explanation of how he's Stefano's son and not his nephew).

DAYS Rob Scott Wilson Dishes On “Killer Ben”, The Reveal & The Opportunity Of A Soap Lifetime!

So Ben is blacking out everytime he does a murder and they're playing it as 2 Bens.

So to clarify … is Ben aware that he is committing murder?

ROB:  I think he does it, but he is upset that it happened.  There is something that will happen in the near future that shakes Ben to the core.  That’s the full change for him. When that happens, then he will be aware of everything that is happening in real time, rather than playing this game where he is thinking he is doing something right, when it’s not.  There are two different Ben’s. There is Ben the guy that everybody knows who is the bartender and the nice guy who is with Abigail, and then there is “Benjamin” who is that second personality, and so that his old life, new life, and his alter ego.  I feel like Benjamin blacks out and wipes people out, and does crazy stuff. (Laughs)  Then there is Ben, who is the nice guy who takes the hand of the little princess of Salem.

• Love 2

Entirely separate note - it really makes me sad/uncomfortable that a girl in a foreign country is shipping a relationship that stems from a rape.

If she's 16, the EJami thing started when she was 7 or 8. So it's possible she might not have seen the early part of their story.

I wonder if KM knows that John Oliver called her character a trollop. 

I don't even know what to say about Ben being the killer. I mean, I don't like Ben exactly, but I feel like this lets Abby off too easily in her storyline. Oh well, c'est la vie. She and Chad can go off and be smug together.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

I think a lot of media people outside of soaps world call the females stars trollops or divas or trashy and the men womanizers or villains. I think the common idea is men and women characters are seen as cheaters or sleazy or horny and conniving.

Posting here b/c I'm an hour ahead:

Will admitted the Sonny break up/break was his fault.

He's definitely a gonner.

I wonder how Ken Corday is going to justify Will's death..It  is so unnecessary...This is the same man that swore that no more legacy children were going to die after Zack's grim death...He is a notorious flip flopper....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

Actually, the most recent dead person who wasn't really dead is Stefano, who was supposedly murdered until a "lookalike" turned out to be in his grave.  Remember when there was the big hunt for a murderer, and Will's alibi was that he was at a gay club, and he got publicly outed in a newspaper?

• Love 2