Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

54 minutes ago, fountain said:

I think last week I thought Evelyn’s hair was better and wondered what you all were talking about.  I see it this week!

After the discussion about it last week, and Libby's lips, I couldn't look away. You all are my people...

9 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

I didn't recognize any signs of cleft repair, but I did notice a receding chin, squirrel cheeks and the asymmetric nose.....jeesh, I don't understand how she can look so different in photos!  Seriously, I'm mesmerized.  

Me too. I was actually wondering if she was in some sort of accident and still had swelling. Or something. The difference is remarkable. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, balisticnikki said:

Evelyn is insufferable! "There's no such thing as the European Dream." Lol

I would cheerfully stand in line to slap the smug off her snippy snotty little face.

11 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Try telling that to the Africans and people fleeing from the Middle East.  Smug little bitch!  David might not be the pushover Evelyn thought he would be.  I think she is in for a rude awakening. 

That's exactly what I was yelling at my teevee. Tell that to someone who climbed into a leaky boat in a desperate attempt to flee a war torn country, you self centered little twat.

9 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

European guys have nice suits.  Why doesn't she just ask if that's what they are bringing and what general color they are etc?  She can tie them all together with a nice lapel flower.  And then have the bridesmaids wear dresses in the same color family but different styles to make it all seem coherent yet not matchy matchy.   Quite frankly unless this is the most made up fake argument ever, he should just tell her don't worry about what everyone else is wearing and just worry about ALL EYES ON YOU MY VIRGIN BRIDE and she should eat that shit up.  I know she cares about her instagram wedding and pinterest board but she's marrying her dream imported guy so she needs to get a grip.  LOL

She's already told "all my bridesmaids" that if they don't wear the dress she, Evelyn, Queen of Instagram has chosen, they are OUT. Never to enjoy the privilege of being her handmaids at her dream wedding which she's been planning her whole life! She has no interest in everyone looking his/her best, being comfortable, and sharing the joy. She seems to have precious little interest in her groom, even. He's just another piece of the puzzle. Its all about What Evelyn Wants, and everyone will bow down and do her bidding, or be cast from her godly queendom forever. She's a regular Miss Congeniality, isn't she?

The thing I don't get is, what is David's angle? What could they possibly have in common?

6 hours ago, Kangatush said:

I'm kind of warming to Luis.  He's totally an opportunist, but I feel like he picked someone he was moderately attracted to, and it won't be love, but it won't be awful.  

I agree. Who knows how he feels about Molly, really. But he seems to be a cheerful guy who is kind, likes Molly and will be a decent husband. If they can have 5, 6, 7 happy years, who am I to judge?

Kensley is the most adorable little thing ever. She is so bright and full of fun, I loved her tour of the house.

• Love 23
9 hours ago, Nowhere said:

I kind of feel sorry for David. I'm sure he didn't expect that these people would be such greedy assholes. He's willing to pay them for their daughter but if he doesn't have what they want then he just doesn't. i wish he'd just say they can't get married then since nothing is good enough and walk away. I bet they'd change their tune real fast.

Besides, isn't $1,500 USD and two skinny ass buffalo equivalent to winning the lottery for these people? They need to shut up and be very, very happy with what they got. 

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Besides, isn't $1,500 USD and two skinny ass buffalo equivalent to winning the lottery for these people? They need to shut up and be very, very happy with what they got. 

I really think these demands are just the opening offers, and David Poor doesn't understand negotiation.  He also doesn't understand telling the truth about having no money, but he sure does a lot of passive-aggressive whining about it.  

• Love 13
2 hours ago, jumper sage said:

Why doesn't America stop with the insanity of these over the top weddings?  If I attend a wedding I give a very nice cash gift, to help you set up house.  If I walk in and see that you have gone overboard on the expense of the wedding then I take money out of the envelope for it is obvious that you aren't too great with finances.

Yes the insanity should stop, but this is not solely an American phenomenon. We live in an area with a very high number of people from other countries so many, if not most, of the places around here that hold weddings have a different setup to accommodate the requirements for different ethnicities and their traditions. Our last name has led several of these places to send us the package information on ethnic weddings because they weren’t sure. All I can say is wow. We are having a modest wedding by American standards but thank goodness for our budget that we don’t have to follow some of these tradtions from other cultures  we probably couldn’t afford to have more than 5 people at the wedding LOL  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, jumper sage said:

I disagree!  This not-so-long-from-being-a-teen-himself is an intruder into her home.  What mother would move a man into her home when she has two daughters, one of whom is not much younger then the Louis?  If I was the daughter I would lock that basement door and keep my little sister with me.  I would be worried about some weirdo pushing himself on me during the night.

Why doesn't America stop with the insanity of these over the top weddings?  If I attend a wedding I give a very nice cash gift, to help you set up house.  If I walk in and see that you have gone overboard on the expense of the wedding then I take money out of the envelope for it is obvious that you aren't too great with finances.

I totally agree on Olivia. Her mother put her in a horrible situation.  She has every right to be upset and to not give a warm welcome to her new "step dad".  

As for the weddings, I don't see the sense in going overboard, but I don't judge people either way.  In a lot of areas of the US, big, fancy weddings are a tradition, just like water buffaloes are in Thailand.   The idea of having a big celebration for an important event, actually has a lot of merit, as long as it doesn't become an exercise in narcissism and indulgence.  

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

I really think these demands are just the opening offers, and David Poor doesn't understand negotiation.  He also doesn't understand telling the truth about having no money, but he sure does a lot of passive-aggressive whining about it.  

So he gives them $1,500 for the dowry and scrapes together another $1,500 for two buffalo (which he gets from cashing in their airline tickets). He seems to have almost nothing to his name, and he's just tooling around town with his "fiancee." Does he work in Thailand? Is the friend literally paying for his entire existence there? This whole thing is so confusing, and it will not end well.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Mercolleen said:

Fun fact; Elizabeth (and Karine) need lessons on which lipsticks look good with their coloring. 

Why did Annie ride in the back of the truck to her village? David Poor tearing up … he really has deluded himself that he's in a loving relationship.

Elizabeth truly looks like a different person without that smeared on neon red lipstick.

Him tearing up really does show how delusional he is. How can he not realize it was the "welcome wealthy white man saving our girl from poverty" dance?

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Chickabiddy said:

So, okay, I posted this before I saw the preview of David throwing shade at Mckayla (or however it's spelled) for being a single lady. What a dirty dog. This would go a long way to explaining why he is a 27 year old virgin, though. He is not hot enough or rich enough to overcome a stank attitude like that. It also explains why he and Evelyn have such an attraction. Assholes usually find each other.

The jury is still out. Previews can be misleading. However, I may just  enjoy hate watching these two assholes battle it out for supremacy. Pass the popcorn. I'm in.

Same with me.  I was definitely team David when he was standing up smug Evelyn in the restaurant.  I loved it!  Cut to the preview for next week and now the two of them are dragging Mckayla and are being rude and smug together.  From the preview it looked like those two made her cry.  We'll see next week.  Mckayla, cut your losses and find better friends.  These two are idiots and you deserve better.  

• Love 21
2 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

I don't see any evidence at all for a "horrible situation," as in any real danger.  Olivia has a right to her opinion, though, and we all know it now.  She doesn't have to like the situation, or sit down to a meal, but she does have to be polite.  If she feels unsafe she should reach out to adults who might help her.  I just think she's a teenager whose mother is embarrassing her again, this time on camera.  It's a very difficult position for her, and Molly is showing no understanding.  

And why does Molly have to scream all the time, no matter how close not-Pedro is?  "YALL WANT SOME AIGS???"

I disagree.  Her Mom chose to bring a weird, 26 year old man, who she barely knows, into a home with a teenager and 6 year old daughter.   Whether there is real danger or not, it is an extremely uncomfortable, icky situation to put Olivia in.    I'm sure a lot of runaway teenage prostitutes have similar stories.  

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Mercolleen said:

I love Younger Daughter Molly! "Ch ch ch cheese!"

Fun fact; Elizabeth (and Karine) need lessons on which lipsticks look good with their coloring. 

Why did Annie ride in the back of the truck to her village? David Poor tearing up … he really has deluded himself that he's in a loving relationship.

It makes sense.  Cargo goes in the back of the truck and since David Poor is buying Annie with cash and buffaloes, that is sort of what she is.   It didn't seem very chivalrous of David, though.  

• Love 5

Quick reminder:  If someone is saying things you don't like but not technically "breaking the rules" you can hover over their name and click "Ignore User" to not see their posts anymore.

24 minutes ago, annewithaneee said:

It kinda cracks me up that Molly's repeating that Olivia's anger has to do with Molly's fear of sharing her mother's time and attention with Luis, or that Molly will love her daughter less, dote on her less, etc, now that she has a man. To me, nothing we've seen from Olivia indicates that.

First of all, she lives in the basement, which is the "god I hate my family/parents" teen bedroom of choice, and she's let us know this isn't the first time her mom has pulled this shit. It seems like she's actually angry that her mom sucks, on very ordinary levels (like hollering obnoxiously for suppertime, backseat driving, etc, all the thing that make you go "Mooo-oooo-ooom staaaahp") as well as the inappropriate, risky relationship. Nowhere have we seen that it's out of wanting more time with Molly. She's probably just counting down the seconds to get out of that house. But because it's flattering to Molly to perceive this not as anger out of hatred and loss of respect, it's because she loves her mom so much and wants all of her time and energy, that's how she's seeing it.

agree...don't think it has to do with "time with Molly."  I think I would feel VERY uncomfortable if I were a 17 yo girl and a 26 yo strange man came to live in my house.   

• Love 16
1 minute ago, Granny58 said:

agree...don't think it has to do with "time with Molly."  I think I would feel VERY uncomfortable if I were a 17 yo girl and a 26 yo strange man came to live in my house.   

I think Molly likes to say Olivia is upset about having to share her because it feeds her delusion that she’s a great mom and Olivia’s being upset is just a minor reaction to the adjustment. Otherwise she might have to face the fact that Olivia has legitimate reasons for being upset far beyond adjusting.

• Love 21
35 minutes ago, Normades said:

You're going to get me in trouble!!

You'll get yourself in trouble, reading such rude things.  

6 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I think Molly likes to say Olivia is upset about having to share her because it feeds her delusion that she’s a great mom and Olivia’s being upset is just a minor reaction to the adjustment.

I just about gagged when Molly pulled the "my children come first" thing again.  Clearly not.  Mr. Sprockets (who pretends to play a computer game and not listen while I watch these shows) perked right up and said "She's learned what to say."  

• Love 11
6 hours ago, Mercolleen said:

I was laughing at Annie riding in the back.  Made me wonder why David didn't hop in the back.  It was just every time they showed him, they'd show her head back there.  He'd talk and you'd see her face on the other side of the glass.  She was like this little extra accessory in the background.  Back Window Annie. 

Edited by ShaNaeNae
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Sprockets said:

The dude teared up upon the greeting of "the villagers" who came out for the "foreigner."  He has serious emotional baggage and is willing to give them anything they want for the love of his wallet I mean life.

Watching Pole and David and Larry has made me realize that certain men just feel like they have their best shot at love and marriage with a women who they think are devoted to them.  If rescuing them from poverty is one form of loyalty then they will take it.  "Back home" the wimmins have way too many options.

• Love 10
14 hours ago, Emmeline said:

I did not think Azan was telling Nicole how to parent, he just didn’t want the child running off in the market or the street.  I didn’t see her running after Mae.  I don’t think Nicole can run or carry the child for very long.  

He looked totally embarrassed when Nicole was talking back to him loudly in the market.  Everyone was looking at them and they were drawing a lot of attention.  Walking with the blonde, pink, blob will do that to you.  She is really being a “B” to him this season!

Maybe the cameras had something to do with it, as well.

• Love 1

It is bending my brain how much Evelyn looks like Jessica Pare from Mad Men.

And really, Elizabeth?  You can't imagine why Andrrrrei staying here illegally for six months might perhaps hinder his ability to come here again in the future?  And you never thought to ask him if he might have a pesky criminal record that could gum up the works?  Get out of here.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Sprockets said:

I don't think that's actually the case here because the only person who can negotiate is Anne and she is telling him that isn't possible and he has to pay.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, TaraS1 said:

It is bending my brain how much Evelyn looks like Jessica Pare from Mad Men.

And really, Elizabeth?  You can't imagine why Andrrrrei staying here illegally for six months might perhaps hinder his ability to come here again in the future?  And you never thought to ask him if he might have a pesky criminal record that could gum up the works?  Get out of here.

Great call on Jessica Pare.  Her personality is sort of like Megan's as well, very outwardly sweet and positive, with a lot of spoiled brattiness underneath.    Pare is a much better singer, though. :)

Is there any indication Andrrrrei has a criminal record or was that just speculation by the immigration lawyer.  His overstaying his tourist visa seems like the logical reason for the delay.  

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Is there any indication Andrrrrei has a criminal record or was that just speculation by the immigration lawyer.  His overstaying his tourist visa seems like the logical reason for the delay.

I don't think that lawyer was her lawyer. Otherwise she would have been more familiar with the case. Elizabeth probably filled out the paperwork on her own, sans lawyer, but since she has no lawyer to call, TLC found one to visit. I was LOL over the lawyer lady's suit (oh my) and the fact that her degree from TEMPLE UNIVERSITY was hung strategically behind her chair so you got a shot of it every time the camera was on her. 

I think Olivia is sick on her mom's crap and part of not wanting to come out of the basement is that she doesn't want to be filmed. Remember that this isn't Molly's first rodeo with reality TV. 

• Love 8

If this was an all Evelyn show (like previous seasons were practically all Danielle) I wouldn't be able to watch. It would take my normal hate watching which I usually enjoy to rage watching levels. I can't take the smugness, the my way or the highway attitude, the stupid facial expressions, bird sips, arghhharg.... 

And for someone who treats their friends, fiancé, and fiancé's friends that badly I would hate to be her enemy. 

Rent an expensive tux or else? How about skip it all together and Mail a card. 

• Love 12
13 hours ago, Sprockets said:

He deserves whatever raw end he gets.  He has not been completely honest about his financial situation, and no one there reads minds.  He did say he felt pressured - which he was - and the healthy response to that would have been "I'm not making any commitment today."  Also, I really need to know why he is wearing a wedding ring.  

I dont think there's any way I could be manipulated into thinking I had to buy two water buffaloes right now, today.  

SPROCKETS - you are killing me today!

3 hours ago, greekmom said:

I highly doubt it Nicole cooks anything. It's all take out and microwave dinners.

From the looks of her tenement, or whatever she lives in, she does not even have a kitchen or kitchenette.

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

SPROCKETS - you are killing me today!

From the looks of her tenement, or whatever she lives in, she does not even have a kitchen or kitchenette.

I wondered about that too (whether or not she even had the ability to cook anything). I do recall, before they left to visit Azan, there was a bag of donettes (those little debbie doughnuts) on the headboard shelf.  For ease of grabbing in a split second, I image.

• Love 8

My heart breaks for little May. Nicole is an inattentive, selfish mother.  Azan is a complete stranger to May and has absolutely no business parenting her.  And please stop with the "daddy" BS. Azan is no daddy.  I can't watch Nicole anymore, just to painful.  

• Love 14
On 10/28/2017 at 5:05 AM, gavinmac said:

Almost all young single men in Morocco want to leave Morocco. They desperately pile onto rickety boats to try to leave Morocco.

How do you know? 

Where do they go to on thise boats?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, WhatsUpDummy said:

Same with me.  I was definitely team David when he was standing up smug Evelyn in the restaurant.  I loved it!  Cut to the preview for next week and now the two of them are dragging Mckayla and are being rude and smug together.  From the preview it looked like those two made her cry.  We'll see next week.  Mckayla, cut your losses and find better friends.  These two are idiots and you deserve better.  

Right? I wondered upthread what Evelyn and David could possibly have in common, but it seems they are both petty, selfish, tactless twits.

1 hour ago, Chickabiddy said:

I also did not like Luis' condemnation of Olivia as brat and the implication that she should get a spanking for talking to her mother like that. He made some comment that if he had talked to his father in that way, he would have been spanked. I love how Luis has joined the family dynamic for all of 20 minutes and feels free to complain about Olivia's attitude and lack of discipline. I truly hope Luis does not see himself as the one to restore order to the household.

Olivia may be a petulant brat, but she has the right to pout a little over this massive change to her life. I am so tired of Molly yammering that she puts the girls first when she clearly doesn't. She did not have to egg on the tension between Olivia and Luis by trying to force her upstairs. Just leave Olivia alone and let he get used to the situation at her own pace. Forcing her to be friendly and participate is not going to end well.

I can tell already that Molly is going to stand by her man when there is conflict between him and Olivia and that just sucks. Olivia sees it, too. She really has her mother's number. Poor kid.

Agreed on all counts. I give Luis a pass on the "my father would have spanked me if I'd spoken to him that way" part though--it was a talking head and I'm sure he was led into that answer by a producer. But I'm keeping my eyes on you, Luis! He seems like a cheerful, easygoing type, so I'm hoping he'll just shine it on and not stick his neck into Molly's parenting.

And really, nagging Olivia is hardly the way to win her over. Molly was obviously mortified by Olivia's behavior, but it would have been much more productive to ignore her. Give her her privacy and let her approach this in her own time. And yes, Olivia knows that her mother is always going to put Luis first, despite her ceaseless protestations to the contrary. Olivia has seen it all before.

19 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

I don't think that lawyer was her lawyer. Otherwise she would have been more familiar with the case. Elizabeth probably filled out the paperwork on her own, sans lawyer, but since she has no lawyer to call, TLC found one to visit. I was LOL over the lawyer lady's suit (oh my) and the fact that her degree from TEMPLE UNIVERSITY was hung strategically behind her chair so you got a shot of it every time the camera was on her. 

That whole scene screamed TLC setup. I can't even imagine what my reaction would be if the first thing a lawyer asked me about my fiance was "has he ever been in a bar fight?". WTF? And why is Elizabeth so upset over the length of time its taking? Surely she understands that its not quick? The whole thing was a clumsy bit of exposition meant to inform us that Andrei has a temper and gets in bar fights. I will bet a quarter this all goes away by next week, magically. Oh look! Andrei has never been arrested! He never overstayed his tourist visa! Let's bring him over so he can start not getting along with Elizabeth's family! Whee!

• Love 6

Luis lost me when he told Molly's little girl (Kinsley?) that she had to sleep in her room because he'd be sleeping with Mom now.  Within what? An hour of knowing the little girl?  And even if the little girl had been staying in Mom's room, maybe that's for Molly to discuss with her, Luis, not you. 

I feel bad for poor Olivia.  As others have stated, she's stuck driving around Molly, now she has another new guy she's moved in and it's on camera. I'd stay in the basement as much as possible, too. 

• Love 23
4 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I totally agree on Olivia. Her mother put her in a horrible situation.  She has every right to be upset and to not give a warm welcome to her new "step dad".  

As for the weddings, I don't see the sense in going overboard, but I don't judge people either way.  In a lot of areas of the US, big, fancy weddings are a tradition, just like water buffaloes are in Thailand.   The idea of having a big celebration for an important event, actually has a lot of merit, as long as it doesn't become an exercise in narcissism and indulgence.  

I don't like big, expensive weddings for this reason, weddings have little to do with marriage. People, especially women, spend a lot time (often years), energy, and money into elaborate weddings, including the reception,which only last a few hours, but they neglect to prepare for the actual marriage, which presumably they want to last the rest of their lives. If people put as much effort and time preparing for marriage as they did for the wedding, divorce rates would plummet.  

Edited by Desert Rat
Expensive, not extensive, although both would work.
  • Love 21
14 hours ago, Sprockets said:

I'm thinking he's wearing scrubs.  For what reason I don't know, but they are comfortable.  It would also be difficult to know how to dress appropriately for that occasion.  

If only there was a way he could consult The Google with words like, "What does one wear to go Water Buffalo Shopping?" and maybe check the "images" tab....
DON'T WORRY, GUYS.  I DID IT FOR HIM.  

And up comes a lot of shoes he could choose from and if he scrolls down far enough (okay, it would probably be on Page 2 if images were sorted that way), he would see a younger dude version of himself dressed nicely while standing next to, and sizing up, a lovely set of water buffalo.  
GOD DAVID, TRY BEING RESOURCEFUL ONCE IN A WHILE.  THE SAME WIFE FINDER MACHINE CAN ALSO BE USED AS A GENERAL INFORMATION FINDER MACHINE.  

Is every American on these shows dumber than the last? Or am I just getting older and grumpier and get-off-my-lawn-er?

• Love 22
11 hours ago, hoosiermom said:

It looks to me as though  she has had a cleft lip repaired and the bright lipstick accentuates it. She wasn’t wearing any during the cell phone filming. Also,because she was filming down on herself a little, you don’t see the lip straight on or or the difference between the 2 sides of her nose which IMO are remarkable.  

This was my thought, too, especially since a cleft lip is usually accompanied by a crooked nose. But Elizabeth's is barely noticeable. It may have been a milder case (like Joaquin Phoenix) which never needed surgery. But then her sister has unusual lips, too. How many sisters does she have?

15 hours ago, SnarkKitty said:

Clearly it calls for a pink lace ankle-length dress with white chunky heels, DUH.

So funny! Who in a poor, remote Thai farming village owns shoes like that? And wears them chasing after a water buffalo?

Annie said she was worried what David would think of her parents' house. I thought it was quite beautiful, despite the lack of water, etc.

Edited by balisticnikki
  • Love 6
36 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

My heart breaks for little May. Nicole is an inattentive, selfish mother.  Azan is a complete stranger to May and has absolutely no business parenting her.  And please stop with the "daddy" BS. Azan is no daddy.  I can't watch Nicole anymore, just to painful.  

I KNOW! During the TH when Nicole said something to the effect that this was an audition to see whether or not Azan can be a father to May? I was like, bitch no. You do not drag your baby to another country on another continent away from everything familiar and comforting to her, train her to call a total stranger daddy, all while thinking of it in your tiny pea-brain as come kind of maybe endeavor and COMPLAINING to him that he has no rights to parent the poor kid you've got calling him daddy, when your stated goal is to see HOW he parents. GUH!

• Love 18

I know it will never happen, but Child Protective Services should be involved when a parent brings a total stranger to live in their house with their under-aged children. Or when a twit takes her toddler to another country and declares that she plans to leave her small child with a stranger to test whether he is a good father. It makes me sick.

• Love 9
49 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

I know it will never happen, but Child Protective Services should be involved when a parent brings a total stranger to live in their house with their under-aged children. Or when a twit takes her toddler to another country and declares that she plans to leave her small child with a stranger to test whether he is a good father. It makes me sick.

Both of these scenarios came up in previous weeks; some agree w/ you and don't don't. Personally, I don't. I'd rather for CPS's limited staff to focus on saving the kids who are actually being beaten to death, raped, locked in dog cages, sold for drugs, etc.

When did Nicole say she was "leaving" May? I think she wanted to acquaint May w/ Azan and his family. See if he could play the step dad role. Some ppl just can't handle it. I love that the little girl is getting to travel to the Middle East...but sadly, she'll prbly forget most of it bc she's so young.

• Love 8
16 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

He had me at Bon Appetite, I want to be his friend. I also love how he scoffed at the American Dream and said he had a great life in Spain thank you very much.

Evelyn apparently thinks the  whole world wants to move to New Hampshire, America?  Sheltered smug little  twit. 

I actually want molly and Luis to work out. They are only 16 years apart. A lot more workable than 20 year old girls with 50 year old men. 

Edited by Lemons
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Kellyee said:

I know it will never happen

CPS is not adequately funded as it is.  They have enough trouble dealing with actual physical trauma, starvation, etc., without dealing with people's suspicions about the future.  No law enforcement agency takes action based on stupid things people do that might go wrong.  

• Love 8