Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

At the beginning of the segment featuring David Poor and Annie, didn’t the screen read, 43 days to wed?  So why would Chris and Nikki already be in town for the wedding?  It just seemed a bit to convenient that they were in town for Annie to run to.  David Poor looks like he could have a mean streak in addition to all his other issues.

It almost brought me to tears seeing Molly’s daughters comfort her.  If she took Luis back she’s dilutional.

I have to confess that I think Evelyn looked really pretty on her wedding day.  She is a pretty girl.

Edited by Emmeline
Added
  • Love 13

I kind of like Evelyn’s prairie dress.

I know who’s paying for David Pour’s wedding, TLC!

Molly is a damn fool, but she’ll probably marry Luis because she’s not too bright.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 8
Just now, Neurochick said:

I kind of like Evelyn’s prairie dress.

I know who’s paying for David Pour’s wedding, TLC!

I also like it, because it different than those strapless/halter very common every bride wears them dresses which all look the same in the end.

• Love 13

No, David, the most important day of your life is going to be the day you finally divorce Evil-lyn.

ETA: Bad idea to do your own makeup, Evil-lyn. Hahahahahahahahaaaaaa!

ETA: Why is Evil-lyn’s mom wearing the same dress as Evil-lyn?

Edited by PityFree
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

I too am not a fan of the white strapless dresses favored by so many brides today, but I also don't like Evelyn's dress.  It doesn't do anything for her figure.  There is a happy middle ground between the strapless look and the nightgown she is wearing.  Evelyn's style is a little eccentric- she has a prairie dress with a 1920s car and what looked like 1980s shoes. 

And yes- what is with Evelyn's mother's dress looking like a wedding gown?

• Love 10

Why was Josh wearing jeans at his wedding??

Josh's mom was very sweet. I did find myself hoping they will be happy- I'm a sucker for weddings.

Not a fan of Evelyn's dress.

I'm very happy Molly and Luis are finished.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, lucy711 said:

I too am not a fan of the white strapless dresses favored by so many brides today, but I also don't like Evelyn's dress.  It doesn't do anything for her figure.  There is a happy middle ground between the strapless look and the nightgown she is wearing.  Evelyn's style is a little eccentric- she has a prairie dress with a 1920s car and what looked like 1980s shoes. 

And yes- what is with Evelyn's mother's dress looking like a wedding gown?

I think she was wearing her mother's 1980's Gunne Sax wedding dress. 

Does Josh have top teeth? I haven't seen him smile with his teeth yet. 

• Love 12

I believe TLC is paying for the wedding.  They got a load of David’s daughter and thought, “whoa drama!”

It’s an episode of Say Yes To The Dress!

David’s card was declined, what a surprise.....Not!  And Annie was happy to have Nikki pay for the dress.

• Love 16

David, lousy thing to do giving a card that will not work. The small budget was distasteful enough. Embarrassing your bride?? Having your friend’s wife come to the rescue? She will get her money back. Annie, this is what life is like with the semi grifter.

Josh, do you own dress pants? Your mom may need to step in.

• Love 15

Molly cause a pretty great and inexplicable continuity issue during her meltdown. At some point, towards the end of it (as it was shown to us, anyway), she spackled on a fuckton of foundation as well as some mascara, which made it very clear her "in the moment" interview by the stairs had happened some time prior (or after, I guess). And she appeared to put on that makeup for the sole purpose of staggering back to the couch to mewl and sob with her face covered. And she didn't bother changing out of her hideous outfit, or at least tug something over her shirt so she didn't have the ill-fitting bright white bra on display any more. I mean, I guess I shouldn't be surprised by it because the judgment sector of her brain is clearly non-functioning, but damn was that funny and odd. I like imagining her putting an abrupt pause on her meltdown to put makeup on for 20 or so minutes, just to cry it all off again.

If there was a chyron with his name on it, I missed it, but whichever friend of David Spain it was with the Cesar haircut, strong nose, and deep v tee (more like a worn, wobbly deep u) in the tuxedo shop scene....I want to go to there. So much more appealing than the groom.

• Love 7
On 12/10/2017 at 6:03 PM, PityFree said:

ETA:  Someone please explain to me why Molly—the woman who owns a specialty bra fitting shop—is walking around with her white bra hanging out of the back of her open back red shirt. 

Late to the game (I had a school term to finish and finals to take) - but re: the bra. A few months ago a bartender at my favorite sports bar told me that it's "hot" when guys can see a girl's bra. My sister and I both looked at him like - "Oh. Yeah. OK." But maybe it is, for some? And so maybe Molly's taking a page out of that misguided book LOL 

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, eggsnbacon said:

Serious question, what parents wants their child to marry at 18? I would be crying because its a big mistake marrying at 18.

None (unless you're a Duggaresque parent who believes your daughter was raised to be a submissive broodmare). I got married at 18 and divorced at 20. As I got older, I felt so horrible for doing that to my parents. But, I was 18 and knew everything!

• Love 13

I am watching Annie at the bridal store and I noticed she was carrying a Chanel rhinestone boy bag which runs over $5,000.  I am a designer bag connoisseur and own a few purses but Chanel is out of my league.  I have seen enough Chanel’s and it does look real but it could be a good fake.

I am wondering if Nikki loaned her this purse

• Love 6

Many of the couples marry quickly at the courthouse and get the paperwork started then have their TV wedding. I don't know why the producer was acting so shocked about Molly and Luis being married. Luis said his perfect life (or something similar) would be living in DR with money, and now he probably will have that dream.

• Love 13
44 minutes ago, lucy711 said:

1920s car and

Actually it was Ford "Fordor" V-8 (or slightly different model) circa 1933-34.  That particular car was made extremely famous because it was the same kind of car that Bonnie and Clyde were shot in.

• Love 6

Molly – you idiot. The boy is 20 something years old. He’s not here for no kids.   BTW when the producer was talking to Luis, what was with the colours of tape on the floor? And was the producer just pissed off at Molly?  She seemed so mad.

Baby Huey : To answer Brother Thomas of course May called Azan daddy. Of course baby H made May call him daddy.  Man I cannot believe brother Thomas is the voice of reason.  Plus get the shitty ipad Away from her.

David Poor : He looks like the penguin from Batman in that suit. Bhatman is really being a manipulative prick with what he said to Annie and the fake tears. Run Annie.

Josh and Akia – I don’t care except to say wtf is with that dress?  It reminded me of that dress from the Guns & Roses video November Rain.

Evelyn – Laura Ingalls called. She wants her dress back.  Cruella deVille called – she wants her ride back.

Edited by greekmom
copy and paste
  • LOL 1
  • Love 20
1 minute ago, PityFree said:

The most entertaining moment of the night was when Josh‘s mom grabbed Aika’s breasts.

nah. when the producer was super pissed at Molly and scrolling on her phone. Was she looking for a copy of the contract?

• LOL 1
  • Love 22
17 minutes ago, annewithaneee said:

If there was a chyron with his name on it, I missed it, but whichever friend of David Spain it was with the Cesar haircut, strong nose, and deep v tee (more like a worn, wobbly deep u) in the tuxedo shop scene....I want to go to there. So much more appealing than the groom.

He was hawt!

10 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Wait, did they get married before the show began filming?  If they did, what was the purpose of doing the show?  Was it supposed to be publicity for Molly’s business?

Looks like production wasn't too happy about this turn of events.

• Love 6

I'm not surprised Molly and Luis were already married. The preview from last week where she said Luis didn't have to go back to the DR was the major clue, and then I started thinking about previous episodes and it all made sense. If they're indeed broken up, I don't know how easy it will be to get an annulment (see Danielle and Mohammed). The difference with Molly is that she has a successful business and nice home that she most likely owns, so divorce might be devastating for her financially. Even with her obvious stupidity during this whole situation, I would hate to see this ruin what she's worked so hard for. 

• Love 22
31 minutes ago, annewithaneee said:

Molly cause a pretty great and inexplicable continuity issue during her meltdown. At some point, towards the end of it (as it was shown to us, anyway), she spackled on a fuckton of foundation as well as some mascara, which made it very clear her "in the moment" interview by the stairs had happened some time prior (or after, I guess). And she appeared to put on that makeup for the sole purpose of staggering back to the couch to mewl and sob with her face covered. And she didn't bother changing out of her hideous outfit, or at least tug something over her shirt so she didn't have the ill-fitting bright white bra on display any more. I mean, I guess I shouldn't be surprised by it because the judgment sector of her brain is clearly non-functioning, but damn was that funny and odd. I like imagining her putting an abrupt pause on her meltdown to put makeup on for 20 or so minutes, just to cry it all off again.

Yes, he was so hot. I kept waiting for him to talk. It was a highlight of the episode, just seeing such a handsome man among the other dumbos. 

• Love 5