Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

25 minutes ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Well Elizabeth's dream wedding is to get married at the top of a mountain, in the snow, while it's snowing...yes...WHILE it's snowing....and then to arrive by horse and carriage.

she lives in Tampa.

How does one plan such a thing in advance?

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Splithair said:

How does one plan such a thing in advance?

Inorite?  That's pretty specific to see glittering snow falling through your hair at your wedding.  If she is staying in the USA I would suggest Buffalo NY.  If she is adventurous try Japan in the winter.  Else a ski resort where they can blast the fake snow machine????  It doesn't cascade though...it's more like icy pellets LOL.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, sleekandchic said:

I was thinking the same thing.  Those two are a real-life,  pathological Odd Couple.

I'm not a David Spain fan, but I truly believe his discomfort was mostly due to the camera crew's presence.  If he really is sexually inexperienced, he doesn't want to talk about it in public and possibly reveal how clueless he is to a tall, hunky American crew.  However, David really did fall apart, didn't he?  Made me think all his contrarian bravado has been an act to cover his insecurities.

Elizabeth needs a better bra and fit.  Just because she's busty doesn't mean she needs to look like a prison matron.

I absolutely, positively HATE, DETEST, ABHOR adults who get their kicks from mocking, teasing or ridiculing little children.  Luis is a real fuck.  If Molly goes through with this stupid fantasy, she is a disgraceful mother.

If this is the reason I completely get it. IMO, discussions about sex between a husband and wife are absolutely private.  Those are special, scared moments that should not be shared with others and especially not be filmed to share with potentially millions of people. 

But I think it is more likely that  David Stick Up The Ass is frigid.  I just hope Evelyn Nightingale doesn't share songs of her wedding night blues.  

Edited by Desert Rat
  • Love 15
5 minutes ago, Splithair said:

I think a lot of people who are speaking in their non-native language tend to use "fill-in" words (like, um, eh, etc.) because they're simultaneously translating the next word or phrase in their mind before they say it. The fill-ins buy some time for that process. My go-to when trying to speak another language is "uhhhh".

That may be the case, but I find it fascinating that Andrei uses "like" with the same manner and frequency as the Kardashian sisters. Yes, I watch that shit show too.  Please don't tell my friends. 

• Love 9

I'm confused....even if the 2 virgins aren't having sex, can't they be getting...closer to it?  He greets her with a kiss on the cheek and she leans in for a mouth kiss with a terse pucker reserved for relatives from the motherland who insist on mouth kisses.  They are 4 weeks away from getting married...quite frankly the exact day they tip the scales is irrelevant.  

And they can still keep the big reveal for that night if they want but other than not having it look like they are shacking up and screwing like rabbits every night, I don't know what the deal would be to messing around and closing the gap!

maybe then Evelyn can imagine why she'd even want her clothes to come off and why she doesn't need to wear vintage dresses and a chastity corset to make cheese quesadillas.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, spankydoll said:

Evelyn's Mom was excellent with the sex talk. Very calm and encouraging. 

I really liked that part of the episode. Evelyn was blushing to the roots of her hair, and was all shocked virginal modesty having “the talk” with her Mom. I thought Mother Evelyn was provincial and had a stick up her ass, but she had a healthy attitude towards sex, which I found encouraging.

I was bothered by Evelyn telling her mom that David wasn’t comfortable about her even talking about sex with her own mom. What’s a Mom for when a young girl has questions about her body and her sexuality?

• Love 20

Ugh David “poor” what an annoying dud. Everything that comes out of his mouth is  bullshit. He wants to get where he “was” in one year? He can barely get around, much less work.

The look of total revulsion on (gorgeous)! Nikki’s face during their last conversation was hilarious and I was repulsed right along with her.  Good for her for sending them on  their way.  

What a shit person then he pretends this is all new to him and tries to throw all the blame on Chris. Cannot stand him! And I have no sympathy for Annie. (Of the micro bladed eyebrows). “I thought everyone in America was high class, nice cars” blah blah blah. Whatever...you are no longer sleeping amongst the water buffalo or whatever your “dowry” was. 

Elizabeth and her man are a good match.  Her sisters are awful and so immature in comparison. She is not missing out by not having male strippers at her bachelorette party ? 

Edited by Rabithed
Finishing my sentence.
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, greekmom said:

Libby needs to learn how to apply lipstick. She's ignoring the philtrum and going over it.  You need to make sure and follow the lines. Not ignore it!

I was thinking that neither Elizabeth (or her sisters) even have a philtrum.

I've been wanting to say this for awhile, but couldn't think of the name of what was missing until your post jarred my memory.

The philtrum is what gives your upper lip it's bow shape, right?

It's more crooked on Elizabeth, but all the sisters seem to have the same kind of upper lip.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, greekmom said:

Libby needs to learn how to apply lipstick. She's ignoring the philtrum and going over it.  You need to make sure and follow the lines. Not ignore it!

She got those lips from her father. He has some strong genes, as both of her sisters have the same lips.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

I just love how Evelyn has no education, not skills, no life experience and wants to be a home maker - a home maker who can't cook at all and pouts on her bed when her mom asks her to fold laundry with her. That girl brings absolutely nothing to the table. 

She brought quesadillas!   But seriously, did she buy that green dress at the Happy Homemaker Boutique?

3 hours ago, jumper sage said:

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww!  He looks like Frankenstein.  I can smell him through the tv.

I think you mean Frrrankenstein.

2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

He was driving a Hummer, for godssakes! A Hummer! Something is so OFF about the entire David Poor/Chris relationship.

It's the only hummer he's ever likely to experience.   But yes, I saw that and exclaimed, "WTF?  is he driving a Hummer?"

• Love 11

If I were Annie, I would've taken one look at that abandoned firehouse and called Chris asking for a onetime lump sum pay out to go back home. Nikki would be thrilled to be off the hook on their 10-year commitment to her, and would probably be willing to give Annie enough money for her to live well in Thailand for quite a while. It's a win-win. Except for Dave. But I don't care about him, so big deal. Not that I encourage Annie to ask for more hand outs, but the cat's already out of bag on that one.

Libby's family is awful, but I blame her entirely for playing them off against Andrei, while sitting silently in the background looking gormless. It sounds like she's the unsuccessful one in the family, so I'll bet she loves the attention and seeing everyone fight over her for once. I really didn't except to like Andrei at first, but he appears to be the only rational one in the bunch. A bit heavy-handed and sexist at times, with some language barriers thrown in, but I love that he refuses to jump through all their silly hoops. And maybe I've been watching way too many Hallmark Channel Christmas movies this week, but her dream wedding idea sounded great. Impractical and difficult to achieve, but still lovely.

I'm scratching my head at David Spain. He seemed very affectionate and even flirty while they were cooking (I think Evelyn was the one who pulled away from him when he tried to touch her arm), so I really wasn't expecting a meltdown when she brought up s-e-x. No matter what his reasons for not wanting to discuss it right at that moment, he did not handle the conversation well, and could easily have said  that he would prefer to discuss it in private. And how exactly do you "meet someone half way" if they completely shut down and refuse to discuss something? Those two need some serious pre-marital counselling. Also, I would love for TLC to fly in Antonio from Before the 90 Days to have the sex talk with David, Spaniard to Spaniard. That would be amazing.

Nicole/Azan and Molly/Luis are all being idiots. They all entered this phase of their relationships with lingering questions about their compatibility re parenting, communication, trust, etc., and they have all been given answers loud and clear. But because they aren't the answers they wanted, the delusions continue and their children suffer. Time to move on, people! 

• Love 18

.... does Danielle (OOPS, I mean Nicole) seriously think that it's her "cheating" that is making Azan Hassan hate her?  Oh, honey... there is so much more going on than that.

Mom Nicole lost points with me- here I thought Dad was the enabler... mom is just as delusional.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Chalby said:

I don't blame Luis for mimicking her daughter. Her kids do not need to hear her trying to pawn them off on a guy who is NOT their father. I was a single parent once, and the last thing I would ever do is foist my child on some guy, and vice versa, my kid does would not have to look to some young guy, and immediately accept him as her 'daddy'. Molly's girl acts like she's in her terrible twos. I'm sorry, but when she slopped the ice cream everywhere, she sat there pouting at her own mess, but did nothing to clean herself up. WTF? My kid knew even to wipe his hands and to mop up and spill be made by the age of 3. It wasn't a perfect cleanup, but he never sat there whining. Luis needs to get out of there ASAP. Molly's not looking for a husband, she wants a daddy for her. 

I agree with this.  I had one sloppy child.  She would have used her napkin to try to clean herself up.  Also, fobbing this off on Luis was just wrong.  And Olivia chiming in on a stepfather's duties was way out of line, and Molly should be telling her to butt out.

I think Molly is pushing Luis on her kids way too much.  That is causing resentment in them, and Luis is reacting to that resentment.  It's not mature on his part, but it may be from his age, his lack of experience with children, and their hostility toward him.  Molly was right that with time, it will probably be ok, but she shouldn't be pushing it.

• Love 18

Re David Spain -

1.  It is acceptable to put your hands on the table in continental dining.  However, they should be close to your body on either side.  Elbows are fine on the table after dining, but again, should not be beyond your body on either side.

2.  I did not view David's reaction of refusing to discuss sex as out of line.  I suspect he is Catholic, and he has said he comes from a very conservative family.  In many parts of the world, discussing sex is not done so openly, certainly not in front of a camera for a broadcast in front of millions of people.  I don't think there is some deep dark secret here, I don't think he is gay, though anything is possible.  

I never discussed sex with my husband before we actually had sex, and to this day, well over three decades years later, I would never discuss our sex life in front of anyone but him, nor would he.  That is something sacred between us, and no one else.  In the case of David and Evelyn, what, exactly, are two virgins going to say about sex?  It's not as if they have any experience to reference.  In their case, the Nike motto works best  - Just Do It!

Edited by Real Eyes
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Splithair said:

I think a lot of people who are speaking in their non-native language tend to use "fill-in" words (like, um, eh, etc.) because they're simultaneously translating the next word or phrase in their mind before they say it. The fill-ins buy some time for that process. My go-to when trying to speak another language is "uhhhh".

Mine is a great big pause while my brain creaks slowly trying to organize the order of the words. English and Spanish do not  like the same order of words. Me no like, I no cannot think too quick. It starts to hurt my brain. 

I have a neighbor who speaks three languages with Farsi being her primary. She came over to talk to me and said “sorry, I was just speaking in Italian. I need a minute to switch to English”.   I’m so jealous. 

• Love 8

Why does Chris own an abandoned fire house? That isn' even a quaint one that could be refurbished into a home. That place was bleak.

8 minutes ago, Real Eyes said:

I did not David's reaction to discussing sex out of line.  I suspect he is Catholic, and he has said he comes from a very conservative family. 

There is info on David's faith in their thread.

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, Real Eyes said:

I think Molly is pushing Luis on her kids way too much.  That is causing resentment in them, and Luis is reacting to that resentment.  It's not mature on his part, but it may be from his age, his lack of experience with children, and their hostility toward him.  Molly was right that with time, it will probably be ok, but she shouldn't be pushing it.

She's more than pushing it.  She's like a jailer taunting a new inmate.  Better get used to it, because this is as good as it gets.   No more days off, no more breaks.  Your ass is mine now.

Of the many despicable characters paraded before us this season, I think I hate Molly the most (although David Spain is running a close second).   Why would anyone want to be married to that loud, braying shrew?   

• Love 20

And Jabba the Blond don't have time for that. She has a rigorous sleep schedule to maintain. It's really hard, don't ya know?

Maybe Nicole should be with Luis.  They both apparently have a rigorous sleep schedule--sleeping until 3.  And I couldn't believe that asshole said he'd rather be sleeping than getting ice cream with Molly and the girls.  Go back to the DR and get your single life back.  You've been VERY clear that's what you want.  

I'm wondering where David Poor thinks he'll be employable.  He said he hadn't lived in the States for two years, so that gap in his resume, at his age, won't look good.   

I actually like watching Libby and Andddre because when they're with each other, Andre gets SUCH a genuine smile on his face which I don't think I've seen on any of the other fiance's faces.  

• Love 17

I loved David Spain's freak out.  It was just so bizarre.  I understand not wanting to discuss nitty gritty details of the act itself on camera, but there are a whole bunch of other topics about intimacy people about to have sex, and be married, should have.  Like what's the plan on children?  And I loved how he said he'd talk to the pastor.  He might be able to explain some mechanics, but he's not going to be having sex with you so he can only be so helpful.

Mother Evelyn had the right idea, but she missed some opportunities for truth.  Like they're both inexperienced.  It will probably feel awkward and weird at first, but with time, and communication, it should get much better.  But David Spain makes it seem like Evelyn is in for a hole in a sheet and laying back and thinking of England.

Azan crushed me.  He was doing so well on the break up speech.  Then he did the 180 and said they'd work it out.  Nicole is in no way worth it unless Azan is so desperate for cash to buy more matching pants and cardigan sets.

Team Andrei all the way.  And awesome job on finding such a gorgeous dress and venue in such a short time crunch.  

I hope Aika sticks to her guns and leaves Josh.  I love the preview of next week where he's whining about being blamed for it all being his fault.  Hey idiot, only one of you is surgically sterile.  It is all your fault.

Annie is an idiot who deserves all that she gets.  Nothing about the situation should be a surprise.  David Poor has been honest from the start.

I so hope Molly wakes up.  Luis can not be more clear that he's a miserable choice for her husband.  

• Love 19

Not a doctor, but I watch them on TV. I think Chris may have CTE. If I remember right, he is a former pro player. He has had multiple blows to the head and his decision making is poor. That is why he gives so much to David Poor and why Nikki didn't tear his head off when he sponsored Annie. It's either that or David Poor has blackmail pictures on him. Someone pls explain their strange bond.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Nikki is the real MVP of this season. 

Maybe, but she is a fool for having a husband who makes huge, unilateral decisions about their financial obligations and then sits mutely by while she has to lay down the ground rules with a parasite freeloader and his unfortunate clueless and helpless future wife.  Chris was as useless as a grave robber in a crematorium just sitting by while Nikki read David the riot act.  She should have turned at least half of her wrath on her moron husband.  And then for him to say "I told her... I didn't tell her everything because I thought it was best- but I told her."  Chris, that is called a LIE OF OMISSION. Don't sit there on camera and say you didn't lie.

And while Nikki is certainly articulate and understands how the world works, I noticed she uses the word "hisself" a bit too much.

Azan is just dialing it in at this point. He doesn't look at Nicole, he is totally flat in his delivery, and just acts like he's reading lines right now.  Just put us all out of our misery and put her on the plane, change your phone number and be done with it.

Evelyn and her mom's conversation?  Awk-ward.  "Penises are made to fit in vaginas."  You cannot tell me that Evelyn is so naive that she didn't take a sex education class in middle school.

Edited by KateHearts
  • Love 14
5 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

That may be the case, but I find it fascinating that Andrei uses "like" with the same manner and frequency as the Kardashian sisters. Yes, I watch that shit show too.  Please don't tell my friends. 

Azan does that too. Every other word is “like” . I hate that. I was waiting for an elevator once and there was a girl talking to her friend. The elevator was talking long so I counted the number of “likes” she said

There were so many I lost track.   

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

Azan is just dialing it in at this point. He doesn't look at Nicole, he is totally flat in his delivery, and just acts like he's reading lines right now.  Just put us all out of our misery and put her on the plane, change your phone number and be done with it.

It drives me nuts that he's honest when he's alone but the second he's trapped with her he starts to fold like a lawn chair, saying they have to be better, they should be better if they're going to get married, which only keeps moving this charade another step closer to him going to Florida.   

• Love 10

I get such a kick out of women and their "dream weddings". A mountaintop, a snowstorm, a horse-drawn carriage all nice but... Color me practical,  but my dream wedding was being surrounded by family and friends, the people I love the most, marrying a good man who would share his life with me and not spending enough money to put my dad in the poor house. I was a lucky one, that is what I got.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, KateHearts said:

Evelyn and her mom's conversation?  Awk-ward.  "Penises are made to fit in vaginas."  You cannot tell me that Evelyn is so naive that she didn't take a sex education class in middle school.

Your parents have to sign a permission slip to take that class. And even then, it may have been abstinence only education. They talk less about the mechanics of sex and more about being a used up piece of chewing gum if you have sex before marriage.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, brillia79 said:

Your parents have to sign a permission slip to take that class. And even then, it may have been abstinence only education. They talk less about the mechanics of sex and more about being a used up piece of chewing gum if you have sex before marriage.

Maybe Evelyn was homeschooled?

I do hope David Spain has bothered to learn at least a little so her first time won't be horrible.

Evelyn strikes me as a healthy young woman with normal sexual appetites marry a repressed a-hole with a lot of hangups he might turn around and blame her (or Claremont) for.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, greekmom said:

Yes, and blot. I'm sure she applies layer after layer without blotting. All I see is lipstick.

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, jacksgirl said:

I get such a kick out of women and their "dream weddings". A mountaintop, a snowstorm, a horse-drawn carriage all nice but... Color me practical,  but my dream wedding was being surrounded by family and friends, the people I love the most, marrying a good man who would share his life with me and not spending enough money to put my dad in the poor house. I was a lucky one, that is what I got.

A frosty wedding for a frosty groom... in Florida.

She needs to invest in a pair of expensive pumps and dance her way down to the courthouse. Worry about the Swiss Alps affair later down the road when they both have better jobs.

Elizabeth's dad is an assh*le! Her reindeer games are making a little more sense to me now.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, KateHearts said:

Maybe, but she is a fool for having a husband who makes huge, unilateral decisions about their financial obligations and then sits mutely by while she has to lay down the ground rules with a parasite freeloader and his unfortunate clueless and helpless future wife.  Chris was as useless as a grave robber in a crematorium just sitting by while Nikki read David the riot act.  She should have turned at least half of her wrath on her moron husband.  And then for him to say "I told her... I didn't tell her everything because I thought it was best- but I told her."  Chris, that is called a LIE OF OMISSION. Don't sit there on camera and say you didn't lie.

And while Nikki is certainly articulate and understands how the world works, I noticed she uses the word "hisself" a bit too much.

I noticed Nikki's grammar as well. While she may not have formal schooling, she's definitely smart. 

If the money is mostly Chris's (his businesses, etc.), he may feel more at liberty to make those types of decisions. It's still completely wrong of him!

I get why Annie decided to stick with David. She's not marrying him for his money. She's marrying him for Chris and Nikki's money.

If that firehouse is any indication, even if Annie does decide to bleed them dry, they can make her world miserable by providing the bare minimum if she doesn't get off her ass and work for herself. Once she makes the break from "best friend" Chris, all bets will be off. Chris can rot away in Kentucky on disability while Annie and fight and scrape for next to nothing. I see much mutual bitterness in their futures.

Chris you lied to your wife! And, you made a dumb decision, SO DUMB!

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

A frosty wedding for a frosty groom... in Florida.

She needs to invest in a pair of expensive pumps and dance her way down to the courthouse. Worry about the Swiss Alps affair later down the road when they both have better jobs.

Elizabeth's dad is an assh*le! Her reindeer games are making a little more sense to me now.

She was still telling Andrei she would ask her dad for help even after he told her that dad said they were on their own. She's not so bright, that one.

But I do wonder why she didn't seek full time employment when she knew she wanted to do the K1 process? Was she earning enough part time money to sponsor Andrei... or are one of her parents sponsoring him?

• Love 8
6 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Inorite?  That's pretty specific to see glittering snow falling through your hair at your wedding.  If she is staying in the USA I would suggest Buffalo NY.  If she is adventurous try Japan in the winter.  Else a ski resort where they can blast the fake snow machine????  It doesn't cascade though...it's more like icy pellets LOL.

As a woman with very curly hair, snow falling through my hair sounds like horrible frizz just waiting to happen LOL

• Love 9

So Andrei tried to skype with Libby's dad and Libby's dad wouldn't take his calls, but he is pissed about him not asking for his daughters hand??? Um you didn't give him a chance, I am routing for these 2 over anyone else because they actually seem to care for each other, I  admit in beginning I wasn't so sure about him but he has grown on me.

Fun fact Evilyn if someone isn't comfortable discussing sex they aren't going to want to do it on camera.

I feel bad for Nicki in that whole situation, David Poor isn't going to be around long and Annie doesn't seem the type to work hard to take car of herself

• Love 16

So Aika knew about the vasectomy before coming here and was still okay with it?  I mean I know it can be reversed, but it sounds like she wants a baby tomorrow.  She must be really desperate- I'd love to know more about her life in the Philippines.

With furniture and decoration, the firehouse apartment actually could be cute.  I wouldn't mind living there for a year or two.  But David has no money...so there is that...

I was really bothered by Annie telling Nikki that Chris is a co-sponsor and is responsible for her for ten years if David can't provide.  Annie- get a job when the 90 days are over.  Problem solved.

Evelyn wears ugly sweaters.

• Love 17
8 hours ago, Splithair said:

2. I detest the whole get married now to make it legal but have the big fancy wedding later. Always been a pet peeve. On top of that, Elizabeth isn't just doing the courthouse thing: she's having it at a venue with dress and all. I just can't. However, Elizabeth and Andrei seem like the only couple that aren't using the K1 as some sort of experiment to see if they really want to get married, and the only ones that seem compatible, so whatever.

Our second wedding wasn't a "big fancy wedding" but we did have a second one. With the K-1 visa, you have no idea when it's going to arrive so it's very hard to plan a ceremony. Most venues in my area fill up a year, even two years, in advance. Because the 90 days start ticking away the second the visa comes in, it makes it difficult to set an actual date. We got married at the court house when the visa came in, for immigration reasons. However, both of us are only children and our families wanted an actual ceremony. We had our "wedding" about 8 months later. His family and friends flew in from England, mine came in from all over the US, and we had a great time. Our whole wedding cost around $2,000 and that included the live band and open bar. It wasn't fancy but it was fun. Though we were technically married at that point, I am glad we did the actual ceremony for our families. My mother-in-law died of brain cancer a year later and it's nice to have those pictures of our family members together. 

• Love 16

Why do Libby's sisters keep saying Libby is so strong, has always been that way, she gets what she wants, how she wants and when she wants. What does she have? She's got a part time job working for daddy. He must be still financing her entire life. She's a spoiled brat. 

• Love 11

I've been engaged twice, married (current) once....neither time did either of us feel it necessary to ask my father.  

Hate to say it, but Evelyn actually seemed okay this episode.  However, given that David can't even discuss the subject of sex, it is very clear that he's got issue and I expect they will have difficulties in that regard for a while.

Luis, this simply should be a no brainer.  Send his ass packing.  He pretty much stated that he is bored with Molly.  He's horrible to your children, Molly, and that should be a huge red flag.  To taunt a 6 yo???  He is so immature.  

OK, this is weird, but I actually liked the idea of living on the top floor of the fire house.   Because I like the idea of a nontraditional space that is a blank slate.  Did you catch the look on Annie's face though in the beginning of the show when David Poor was saying they had a great day?  Her face was just dead.  

OK, Josh IS a jerk, and Aika IS here with a plan.  100% on board with that consensus.  However, she would have better success if she would be supportive of his vasectomy reversal issue, but keep moving it along.  "Yes, Josh.  It will be difficult, but I will call the doctor on Monday and get you an appointment."  NOT, do it or I'm gone.  Creep or not, that is off-putting.  

Nicole and Azan....a mystery.  He said that in the morning it was normal, they were talking and laughing, and then the fight.  What is shocking here is that they were talking and laughing!!!!  

10 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

Elizabeth's dad looks like a barrel on top of two toothpicks, and he sounds like a petulant bratty barrel at that. "You didn't ask me or follow my tradition of asking my permission to marry my 27 year old adult daughter, so I am not going to help pay for her wedding." Talk about taking your toys and going home. I have to say that Andrei handled the barrel like a boss. Father Elizabeth was expecting some kind of heated confrontation and Andrei resolutely refused to feed the troll.  I just love how he is speeding up the timetable to get married quicker so he can work. Ha. Flip the script on Libby's dad, much? Whisk her out of daddy's orbit even sooner. Her dad also seems to have an over inflated sense of his little girl's value on the marriage market. She is a cute girl, but she is hardly an oil painting. She doesn't appear to have much education or a great career. Hate to break it to you, Father Libby, but Andrei is a fine catch for your youngest issue. Seems like the gene pool was shallowing out by your last spawn. I do like Libby, but Andrei is a fine catch for her. And they are really cute together. Loved how he complimented her after their run. 

agree with EVERY word.  love it. 

• Love 11
10 hours ago, Mercolleen said:

When was Chris last at the firehouse that he left the door open? I'm surprised there are no squatters.

he probably has a property manager in the area and requested the door to be unlocked.  

• Love 8
10 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

He wants a young girl that he can shame and control.

or who has nothing to compare him to?

10 hours ago, PityFree said:

I sure hope Evil-lyn learns to like missionary position,  with no foreplay, in the dark, while listening to David cry. 

LOL...SNORT...LOL.

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, Granny58 said:
10 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

He wants a young girl that he can shame and control.

or who has nothing to compare him to?

My take on this is different. I think David went scouting for someone who he hoped would have the same aversion to sex that he has. 18 year old fundementatlist virgin would ahve seemed to to tick all the right boxes. I understand not wanting to talk about sex on camera, but his reaction was so intense and reeked of fear and revulsion. He has been able to handle every other confrontation calmly and with cool calculation. Straight up dysfunction junction when it comes to the sex talk. David sounds frigid to me. If his parents are super conservative, they may be very strict Catholics and that means sex only for procreation. Evelyn better master that rhythm method and brush up on her embroidery skills so she can embellish the hole in the sacred sheet of passion that David will insist on.  She seems to have a healthy appetite for sex, something David was not banking on. I almost feel sorry for her and the vortex of awkward disappointment that will be her wedding night. But see, this is why we can't have nice things. Do your research and get to know someone before pledging your entire future to them. 

Edited by Chickabiddy
  • Love 17
4 minutes ago, Chickabiddy said:

My take on this is different. I think David went scouting for someone who he hoped would have the same aversion to sex that he has. 18 year old fundementatlist virgin would ahve seemed to to tick all the right boxes. I understand not wanting to talk about sex on camera, but his reaction was so intense and reeked of fear and revulsion. He has been able to handle every other confrontation calmly and with cool calculation. Straight up dysfunction junction when it comes to the sex talk. David sounds frigid to me. If his parents are super conservative, they may be very strict Catholics and that means sex only for procreation. Evelyn better master that rhythm method and brush up on her embroidery skills so she can embellish the hole in the sacred sheet of passion that David will insist on.  She seems to have a healthy appetite for sex, something David was not banking on. I almost feel sorry for her and the vortex of awkward disappointment that will be her wedding night. But see, this is why we can't have nice things. Do your research and get to know someone before pledging your entire future to them. 

I agree. To me, his reaction was less "I don't want to be embarrassed on television" and more of a "sex is icky and I won't think of it." I also agree that it seems like he was looking for someone who might share the same kind of sentiments, perhaps raised to believe that sex is shameful and only for procreational purposes, and had a wrench thrown into his plans when he discovered that abstinence before marriage didn't equal revulsion in general for Evelyn. While I don't think that you necessarily have to have a detailed talk about sex before you have it, when you're looking at a situation like this (where both people are inexperienced for a specific reason), discussing feelings and thoughts before the act is probably a good idea. I can understand him not wanting to do it on TV and if that had been the ONLY weird thing about this episode then I might give him a pass. However, not only was he childish about his reaction but he'd also told Evelyn not to talk about it with her mom. 

I see more red flags with David Spain than with Luis. I think Luis is just an asshole that needs to go home. I don't think he has a hidden agenda at all-what you see is pretty much what you get. He's a jerk. David Spain, however, seems to have some issues that might run deep. 

• Love 11