Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

Luis Is coming across as a houseboy. He and Molly are not equals -yet. Not exactly a husband and being a step-parent takes time. Right now he is just enjoying a life of luxury.

Edited by Frozendiva
iPad autocorrect
  • Love 9

Molly needs to buy Luis a ticket home to DR and drop him off at Hartsfield.   Perhaps when he gets there TLC can hook him up Abby and Chris to arrange a business venture.  Bartending, flirting with the tourista is starting to look waaaaaay more interesting than being a live-in nanny for a couple of kids and their over the top mother.  Perhaps when he gets home he can look up Abby and Chris to arrange a business venture

Adios amigo!

Edited by zoemom
  • Love 16

I’m not 100% sure that Josh loves Aika.

What did Molly do with Luis,  meet him on vacation, sleep with him, party with him and then decide, shit, I want to take him home and marry him?

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 12

Not one of these couples has any business getting married. Not one. 

David & Evelyn - he doesn't want to settle down in her small town and she doesn't want to leave. Neither of them are wrong. I tend to side with him only because I wish I had traveled more before I married at the age of 21, and not gotten married so young to a guy I had dated since high school.  But I don't blame for Evelyn for not wanting to move away with him, he seems determined to get her away from all she knows almost out of spite more than wanting to explore other opportunities with her. 

Nicole & Azan - he can't stand her and she's Nicole.  

David Poor & poor Annie - what a mess.  He has nothing to offer her and she'd be better off going back home and starting over with another dude.  What a shame for her to waste her youth on a pathetic guy.  

Molly & Lousie - she has so much going for her, I hope it works out for them. Out of all of them, they may make it.  Although Louise is having a hard time making the transition from vacation fling to real life.  

Josh & what's her name - she could also do much better.  If she's determined to stick it out, I hope she takes advantage of the opportunities she has here and gets herself an education or trade so she won't be dependent on his sorry ass and can support herself should she ever need to. Ditto for Annie. 

• Love 8

May will grow up and carry on the family dysfunction. Unless she works on herself to get out of the cycle.

Dear Evelyn brother, you can have a relationship with your sister if she lives in another city. David, you may wish to reconsider marriage.

Josh needs to grow up.

Edited by Frozendiva
  • Love 11

Josh, your best friend is a douche. That's probably why he's treated like one. And if he's spent sooooo much money on her, maybe a little of that money should have been spent on her own damn ring. What? Is Aika the only woman in the world who wanted a ring when she got engaged? 

• Love 12
12 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

What did Molly do with Luis,  meet him on vacation, sleep with him, party with him and then decide, shit, I want to take him home and marry him?

Yep, that sounds about right.  I think Molly thought of him as another shiny souvenir, unfortunately the "luster" is starting to rub off and the "real" Luis is starting to shine through.

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

Is Aika the only woman in the world who wanted a ring when she got engaged? 

So I married a very wealthy man 12 years ago -- except he falsified the marriage. I was a giant publicity stunt. What cracks me up now is that he gave me a $3,000 engagement ring (he makes well over $1m/year) and told everyone at his fancy parties that he had to get me such a tiny diamond because I had small hands. LMAO.

• Love 9
Just now, zoemom said:

Yep, that sounds about right.  I think Molly thought of him as another shiny souvenir, unfortunately the "luster" is starting to rub off and the "real" Luis is starting to shine through.

Molly should assess Luis as being a suitable life partner and not an accessory.

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

Antonio was so extra, but comedy gold. I can't unsee David Poor as The Penguin. I hated his mocking of Annie's accent.  It was so mean and cheap. I'm sure there was more hurtful behavior that we didn't see.

David Spain? This is what happens when you try to marry a spoiled teenager; if you wanted someone with outside interests and a desire to see the world, you should date someone older. You want to travel; she believes that 27 is a ripe old age and that eating apples will keep you from wanting to see the world.  You're "elitist" for pointing out boarded-up businesses and a Mexican (not Spanish) restaurant without Latino employees. You guys are operating on completely different levels.

Apparently, Luis fell in love with Vacation!Molly and has no real interest in her reality--raising her children and running her business. 

Agree with everything here about David and Evelyn. Evelyn is insufferable, but she also very sheltered, young and immature. David Spain is being a complete d*ick this episode. I officially cannot stand him. These 2 should not be getting married. If he thinks he is so much better than them and everyone else in Claremont, he should’ve never left Spain and should just go back. 

• Love 13
1 minute ago, eggsnbacon said:

Both of these guys are douche and dochier.

Even more frightening is that they both own guns.  However, it looks like Aika's no slouch at the target range.  The more I see of Aika, the more like her.  If she's smart, she really just needs to leave Dumb and Dumber at the target range to fend for themselves.

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, DVDFreaker said:

I do not know what Aika sees in Joshua and Joe is being an ass to Aika 

5 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Joe insulted Aika and Josh said nothing.

Interesting.

Aika should just bow out and let those two live happily ever after. Just like she would if she would realize Josh is a jackass loser and that she can do much better. Hell, even being alone is better than with a broke ass man that is only in this for his own self serving reasons. 

• Love 13

I didn't like Andrei's putting his foot down re: the bachelorette party. Red flag, although I suppose his experiences as a bouncer explain why he feels that way. Having said that, I also get that the strippers thing is a HUGE issue with many couples. Total hot button issue. I admit I'm probably blinded by how intensely hot I find Andrei.

Having said that, CHRIST were Elizabeth's sisters annoying. It was the female version of the inquisition he faced from her father and brother. Someone mentioned it in a previous episode thread: I think Elizabeth did Andrei a big disservice by talking about him before he arrived and not letting the family form an opinion without being influenced. Hilarious seeing him stir that drink while being bombarded with questions.

Overall Andrei and Elizabeth seem to have an intensely physical relationship. They remind me of Russ and Paola from season one. Those two couldn't keep their hands off each other, and the dynamic seems similar here.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 11
23 minutes ago, SuzyLee said:

Molly and Nicole, however, are just awful.  It looks a little worse on Nicole, but Molly is just as bad.

Let's not forget that Broke Ass David has children that want nothing whatsoever to do with him. He must have been a wonderful father.

• Love 20
40 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

I was lol when evelyn was showing david the mountains and he said she should see Switzerland and she said she already has. David is right, Evelyn,  the airport doesn't count!

Yes but still David was being a snob. I brought an Italian friend of mine up to see the Blue Ridge Mountains in Georgia and he said Big Deal we have bigger mountains in Italy. It was really rude. I agree they need to get out of Clairmont - white white white, not even any Mexicans in the Mexican restaurant- and go to a bigger city.  But that is no reason for David to say "these apples suck". 

I also know what it is like for people who are not American blame me for everything that happens in America. I think that was Nicole's point. But Azan hates America, Hates Americans and hates Nicole and hates fat people.  And she went for what a month? He cannot stand her and just wants her gone.

I thought the brother of Chris's wife was an asshole, loving himself on camera. He also had quite a bit to drink and thought he was sounding brilliant. He started in on David and Annie, he started berating Annie for not yelling at David for drinking. She was defending herself saying I have talked to him about it a thousand times. I mean Brother it is none of your business! He was loving himself on TV. He sounded like a total idiot. David Poor was wrong but this Brother was a real jerk and he just would not shut up.

Like I said in last episode Molly and Luis have nothing in common except the sack. He can't even have a normal conversation with her about anything! I mean the wedding etc, he has no opinions and when he expresses his opinions she rolls her eyes or looks annoyed. They are not compatible at all. They had fun partying in the DR, and I'm sure they had a blast. But they are totally mismatched intellectually etc.  Molly, give up your dream of marriage. 

• Love 15
1 minute ago, EarlGreyTea said:

I didn't like Andrei's putting his foot down re: the bachelorette party. Red flag, although I suppose his experiences as a bouncer explain why he feels that way. Having said that, I also get that the strippers thing is a HUGE issue with many couples. Total hot button issue.

Having said that, CHRIST were Elizabeth's sisters annoying. It was the female version of the inquisition he faced from her father and brother. Someone mentioned it in a previous episode thread: I think Elizabeth did Andrei a big disservice by talking about him before he arrived and not letting the family form an opinion without being influenced. Hilarious seeing him stir that drink while being bombarded with questions.

Overall Andrei and Elizabeth seem to have an intensely physical relationship. They remind me of Russ and Paola from season one. Those two couldn't keep their hands off each other, and the dynamic seems similar here.

I wonder how much of this, if any, is producer driven. She doesn't even seem to care about living it up the way her sisters do and Andrrrrrei sitting there calmly telling the sisters how it's gonna be, with a smirk on his face...seems fake. 

I cant stand it when a grownup tells another grownup what they "can" and "can't do. Even if I agree with their original point of view, people aren't property. 

• Love 15
51 minutes ago, PityFree said:

Yes she did and she set up more abuse by saying something to the efffect of “look what you made me do! You make me behave badly

My god Azan has the patience of a saint. If that cow kept coming at me and telling me I was making her do that and grabbing me and demanding that I look at her I would have lost my damn mind. She is abusive and I wonder if she treats her little girl the same way. Toddlers can be just as frustrating as 90 day fiancés and I shudder to think what happens behind closed doors because she does not have the ability to control herself when she’s not getting what she wants. 

• Love 23