Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E12: Somewhere Else

nikita
  • Start Topic

Leah pushes Jeremy to spend more time with Addie. After seeing what Maci is going through, Chelsea reconsiders her visitation agreement with Adam’s parents. Jenelle tries to make her first official weekend with Jace extra special.

• Love 1

Ugh. Every time these bitches need money, they suddenly try to get more from the dads. If Briana doesn't have a child support order in place with Devoin, that's super dumb, but of course she chooses now to do it! That just rubs me the wrong way. She's not getting enough from Luis and isn't getting any from her work, so let's pass the buck to Devoin. Heaven forbid cut back on indulgences or find a legit way to make more money!

I remember a voiceover when Leah basically verbatim said, "Jeremy and I bought a new house, and since we're having to pay for it, finances are tight, so I'm taking Corey to court for more child support." Ummmm it was your choice to get married, pregnant, and buy a bigger house, not Corey's!

kail did the same thing when she purchased her McMansion and suddenly needed more money from Jo. 

I would love to have a few built-in sources of extra cash any time I decided to make a lifestyle upgrade, like buying a new house or having a baby!

though I totally agree Devoin should be paying something already. 

Edited by Christina87
Every time I write "was," it gets changed to "wasn't"
  • Love 11
6 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Ugh. Every time these bitches need money, they suddenly try to get more from the dads. If Briana doesn't have a child support order in place with Devoin, that's super dumb, but of course she chooses now to do it! That just rubs me the wrong way. She's not getting enough from Luis and isn't getting any from her work, so let's pass the buck to Devoin. Heaven forbid cut back on indulgences or find a legit way to make more money!

I remember a voiceover when Leah basically verbatim said, "Jeremy and I bought a new house, and since we're having to pay for it, finances are tight, so I'm taking Corey to court for more child support." Ummmm it was your choice to get married, pregnant, and buy a bigger house, not Corey's!

kail did the same thing when she purchased her McMansion and suddenly needed more money from Jo. 

But Corey and Jo were at least contributing SOMETHING to the support of their offspring (more than something, a fair share). Leah and Kailyn just wanted to take advantage.

Devon hasn't supported Nova at ALL. I know plenty of women (even educated proffessionals) who don't go after support because at the time they don't "need it" to provide adequately for their child, and the order is worth more hassle (also they are emotionally still hung up on the dads and don't want to have to deal), and often something happens (a job loss or income reduction) and they swallow their pride. Of all the things Briana has done getting a child support order on Devon doesn't bother me. He's 5 years behind and Nova has had a full stomach, clothes on her back and a place to live. It's not as if he was a contributing parent but got laid off and missed a week or 2 until his unemployment came in. 

Awww poor Addy! I can tell she and Ali are close, even at her young age I think she's jealous of the relationship the twins have with Corey. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 16
10 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I would love to have a few built-in sources of extra cash any time I decided to make a lifestyle upgrade, like buying a new house or having a baby!

@Christina87 Don't you know it's called a "trap baby"?!!!

If these girls were REALLY smart they would become impregnated by a married celebrity (cough Kevin Hart cough..) and get those $10k per month child support checks rolling in. /end sarcasm

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

I think Kail's classmates hate her. Just sayin 

Love Addie.  She is so cute. And she adores her dad. Lincoln and Addie need their own show. 

I love Kail's classmates! They weren't giving up any ideas for free. What kind of professor gives an assignment regarding another student's future? Oh that's right, the professor who was told by administration to keep said student who denoted $15k happy.  

MTV- we know this was a bunch of cutting room scenes to get more viewers to tune into "Are You The One". It didn't work with me. 

• Love 17

MTV scared me with that disclaimer about disturbing footage, because I immediately thought about something happening to Jace or Kaiser, so I was relieved it was just a replay of Ryan. I'm glad that video opened Chelsea and Cole's eyes as to how dangerous an intoxicated person can be, because I'm guessing they don't have any experience with addicts. They both appear to have had stable, sheltered upbringings, so I can forgive their naivety. The important thing is that Chelsea is proactive in having Adam's visits supervised.

Hey, you know what Luis needs? Yet another lecture about how he has to step up and be there for Briana and the baby. I think hammering home that message for the 587th time might do the trick. Honestly, it's surprising he hasn't run away by now with the way everyone tangentially related to Briana is jumping down his throat.

Kail's kids stole the show this episode. Isaac cheering for Kail and telling her he was proud of her for finishing school was precious. I could seriously watch an hour of Isaac and Lincoln playing and arguing, they're the best.

My cold heart grew three sizes bigger when Addie was reunited with Jeremy. That little girl adores her dad, and I think he's doing his best to do right by her. I'm sure it's difficult to meet the demands of his job and the demands of fatherhood, but he seems to be putting in as much effort as he can.

Does Jenelle do anything other than try to buy Jace's love? Trips to St. Thomas, four wheelers, new Xbox games, where does it end? As nice as it was to see Jace happily playing, I know that at some point Jenelle and David are going to revert to screaming at each other and ignoring the kids. It doesn't matter how many things Jenelle buys him or how many pricy trips they take, she's still never going to be the positive influence he needs. Until she can actually listen and respond to his emotional needs, not just his material needs, she's his mom in name only.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, poeticlicensed said:

It kills me when girls don't pursue child support because it's too much of a hassle. The support is for the kid. If you don't need it, put it in a college account. 

What is with Janelle and st. Thomas? I mean, it's ok, but I can think of other places to take 2 kids. I am lol that Janelle is do happy that barb has to abode by rules. And of course they are still fighting. They don't know how to interact without fighting about something 

I think Kail's classmates hate her. Just sayin 

Love Addie.  She is so cute. And she adores her dad. Lincoln and Addie need their own show. 

I would be afraid that Jenelle would not bring Jace back from St. Thomas.

Didn't Nathan propose to her there?

• Love 8

So Jenelle, you've had your son the entire weekend & asking him about school doesn't happen until you're taking him home? Ummm, OK! You had bubbles. All is well on THE LAND. #parentinggoals

Brianna gets off on all this 6th grade drama. You can see her literally forcing herself to contain her glee while her friend was unnecessarily covenning herself all over Luis. Take it to a 2 Shirley, you're no Auntie Pigtails!!

• Love 10
35 minutes ago, mittsigirl said:

If Barb is the custodial parent or guardian, doesn't she have to know or even grant permission for Janelle to take Jace somewhere on vacation?  Janelle keeps talking about Barb now having to "follow rules" (dude), but doesn't Janelle have rules to follow as well?  She told David that "they can do whatever they want now" and "can take Jace wherever they want."  I doubt it.  Just trying to put a good spin on losing custody?

• Love 10
Just now, LotusFlower said:

If Barb is the custodial parent or guardian, doesn't she have to know or even grant permission for Janelle to take Jace somewhere on vacation?  Janelle keeps talking about Barb now having to "follow rules" (dude), but doesn't Janelle have rules to follow as well?  She told David that "they can do whatever they want now" and "can take Jace wherever they want."  I doubt it.  Just trying to put a good spin on losing custody?

I am not familiar with St. Thomas, but didn't someone post that maybe Jenelle likes going there because she does not need a passport to get there? She should need permission to even take Jace from one state to the other, does it not work like that? I am Canadian, have no idea about the U.S.

• Love 6

If Barb is the custodial parent or guardian, doesn't she have to know or even grant permission for Janelle to take Jace somewhere on vacation?

Some custody agreements allow a noncustodial parent to take the child on vacation, and the parent with primary custody simply needs to be notified in writing a certain number of days in advance that this will occur.  The parent with primary custody does not need to grant permission; they simply need to be notified.  Jenelle mentioned that this was the case for her Jace's custody agreement in the last episode (not that she is an unimpeachable source, but it is possible that the custody agreement states that she can take Jace on vacation wherever she wants to go as long as it is during the time she has visitation and notifies Barb in writing).  Other custody agreements may require the permission from the custodial parent for travel; it just matters how the agreement was written.

Edited by kitkat343
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, kitkat343 said:

Some custody agreements allow a noncustodial parent to take the child on vacation, and the parent with primary custody simply needs to be notified in writing a certain number of days in advance that this will occur.  Jenelle mentioned that this was the case for her Jace's custody agreement in the last episode (not that she is an unimpeachable source, but it is possible that the custody agreement states that she can take Jace on vacation wherever she wants to go as long as it is during the time she has custody and notifies Barb in writing)

Got it.  So in other words, Janelle has a rule to follow.  She has to inform Barb, in writing, of her vacation plans with Jace.  Not exactly a huge win, like she was portraying.  I get it that before the settlement, Barb was able to veto anything she wanted, but it seems to me that now everything is more structured and more formalized, which is probably better for everyone.  I love how Barb said that Janelle can't be late in dropping off Jace or else she'll be in contempt of court, cuz rules work both ways, dude.

• Love 6

Wow, Victoria looks like hell. She is definitely on some kind of drugs. If she was losing weight in a healthy way, her face wouldn't look so rough and haggard. 

Kail bringing the boys to class every week is beyond inappropriate. She can afford a babysitter. The professor was annoying as hell though. Why should those students give Kail ideas so she can make more money? Fuck that. They're trying to get their own careers off the ground. Why should they give two shits about Kail?

Briana, whatever.

I don't know why Chelsey Grace was bothering with Botox when her sunburned skin and broken off bleached hair are the real crimes against humanity.

Jace looked happy playing with Maryssa and Kaiser but he is sooooo uncomfortable around Jenelle. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 24

Good Lord the lives these people live just look so exhausting. I'm not even trying to be snarky. I'm talking about all the drop offs here, there and everywhere. Baby daddy's strung out all over the place. It must be so annoying for the kids. At first, with divorces I think its natural to kind of look at it in fun way in terms of having two of so many things. Rooms, beds, etc. But, after a while it's kind of like damn. You want stability. These kids are never going to get that fully because they always have to be all over the place, dealing with new step parents, and so on. Chelsea has the best chance at it but she still has Adam's dumb ass and all the issues he brings.

• Love 14
7 hours ago, Christina87 said:

though I totally agree Devoin should be paying something already. 

why do they need more money? Just because they live beyond their means doesn't make it right to go for more money. They should downsize their spending on Starbucks, beauty projects, buying new cars, buying pillses, etc. These girls make enough fucking money, they don't need fucking 800 a month more. And that money should be used for the kids not their bullshit. Right now since they have the money they should be just letting the child support go to a college fund and let it draw interest.

I would be super pissed off if some chick who has the money and does nothing all day kept bringing her kids to class.  A class that I am paying for and trying to learn. She could make arrangements somewhere for the kids like every other parent did. She is so fucking inconsiderate.

Edited by toodywoody
  • Love 16
6 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

I believe Jenelle said in the last episode as long as she informs Barb of where they are going and Barb has a number to contact Jenelle, Jace can go with Jenelle on vacation.

And they go to St. Thomas because they don't need passports. 

• Love 6

Leah and her sister were both on pills when they were sitting talking on the steps, and mixing it with some wine.  You can tell by the eyes, you cannot hide that glassy look and small pupils. They were also both slurring their words and Victoria was doing that lean that high people do when they think they're being cool.

Leah was also hard on something during her date, and the wine made her giggly there too.

Don't play a player Leah.

Edited by citychic
more signs
  • Love 14
9 hours ago, Linny said:

The important thing is that Chelsea is proactive in having Adam's visits supervised.

But she isn't.  She has apparently just told Adam's parents that the visits have to be with them and Adam can't take Aubree with him in the car.  Since she knows Adam is an addict, if she were taking good care of Aubree she would have it all in a court order, at the very least.  We're to believe they just now realized the dangers of addiction after seeing the tape?  So she takes these legitimate concerns and just murmurs about them to Cole, after letting Aubree go off once again with Adam's mother.  

3 minutes ago, citychic said:

Leah and her sister were both on pills when they were sitting talking on the steps, and mixing it with some wine.  You can tell by the eyes, you cannot hide that glassy look and small pupils. They were also both slurring their words and Victoria was doing that lean that high people do when they think they're being cool.

Leah was also hard on something during her date, and the wine made her giggly there too.

Don't play a player Leah.

Edited just now by citychic. Reason: more signs

Yes.  And if we see it then the people around her are obviously aware of it, so why does this addict have custody of three children???  This show is getting very hard to watch, because of the complete disregard for the welfare of the children.   

• Love 10
9 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

It kills me when girls don't pursue child support because it's too much of a hassle. The support is for the kid. If you don't need it, put it in a college account. 

They don't fail to pursue child support because it's a hassle. They hold out hope they can be with the father and don't want to do anything to piss him off.  Briana is finally done with Devion (because she has her eyes on Luis), so she has filed for child support. She uses child support as a threat to keep Luis in her grasp. If she put the needs of her child above the needs of a man, she would be receiving child support for the last five years for Nova. 

• Love 15
3 hours ago, toodywoody said:

I would be super pissed off if some chick who has the money and does nothing all day kept bringing her kids to class.  A class that I am paying for and trying to learn. She could make arrangements somewhere for the kids like every other parent did. She is so fucking inconsiderate.

And in the car she told the boys "I always take you to school with me on Wednesdays."  Say what?  

Back to the car.  Under what circumstances is it even remotely okay to:

1.  Make a phone call while driving.

2. Make a phone call while driving without a seatbelt.

3.  Make a phone call while driving without a seatbelt with no hands on the steering wheel.

4.  All of the above with all three kids in the car.  

Why dont the producers stop this behavior?  Isn't the purpose of this show to encourage responsible behavior?  The producers are allowing children to be endangered.  

38 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

She destroyed her son's trust in his therapist by revealing that the therapist shared he was scared of David.  Any therapeutic gains will be lost. That is the moment a sociopath was created. Therapy will never "work" with Jace now. Very sad and sick to watch. 

Jace has been repeatedly harmed on so many levels.  He already knows to tell people what they want to hear.  It's the only way he can survive this tug of war game Jenelle and Barbara play with him.  

Edited by Sprockets
  • Love 16

I'm wondering if in Jace's new custody arrangement it states that Jenelle must be the only one at the exchange. I nearly sharted when I saw her going there without David. 

Also, Nova is in private school? Why and how when Sad Sack and the coven are so poor? 

• Love 21
10 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

And in the car she told the boys "I always take you to school with me on Wednesdays."  Say what?  

Back to the car.  Under what circumstances is it even remotely okay to:

1.  Make a phone call while driving.

2. Make a phone call while driving without a seatbelt.

3.  Make a phone call while driving without a seatbelt with no hands on the steering wheel.

4.  All of the above with all three kids in the car.  

Why dont the producers stop this behavior?  Isn't the purpose of this show to encourage responsible behavior?  The producers are allowing children to be endangered.  

It's also irresponsible for Karl to go out in public with her face looking like that yet no one shuts that down either. 

Who is this "friend", India, that she was talking to? I don't ever remember hearing about or seeing her before. Since Karl said she couldn't have finished shool without her, i theorize that she's a chick that Karl paid to do her assignments. 

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

But she isn't.  She has apparently just told Adam's parents that the visits have to be with them and Adam can't take Aubree with him in the car.  Since she knows Adam is an addict, if she were taking good care of Aubree she would have it all in a court order, at the very least.  We're to believe they just now realized the dangers of addiction after seeing the tape?  So she takes these legitimate concerns and just murmurs about them to Cole, after letting Aubree go off once again with Adam's mother.  

Yes.  And if we see it then the people around her are obviously aware of it, so why does this addict have custody of three children???  This show is getting very hard to watch, because of the complete disregard for the welfare of the children.   

How are these women able to drives the hills and hollars of WV "high AF"?

8 minutes ago, Mambo Gladys said:

Also, Nova is in private school? Why and how when Sad Sack and the coven are so poor? 

I can't speak for their state, but here in Ohio we have the "Ed Choice" scholarship/voucher program through the State. If you are low-income and/or reside in an area where the local public school performs very poorly, you can receive a voucher for $5000 to use for private school.  Perhaps Florida has something similar. 

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

While her dad gives a girl in her mid-twenties Botox.

What planet is this?  Since when do dentists do Botox?  

7 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Then we get some more scenes of Chelsea and Cole expressing their grave concerns about Aubree's welfare, instead of just filing an emergency order with the court to keep her away from before-mentioned junkie

Well yes, it is time to wake up from the Everything is Coley dream.  You are sending your daughter to a house with an addict in it.  How many DUIs has Adam had?  And the "responsible people" you are allowing to be in charge of your daughter have been in denial about Adam's obvious addiction for years.  Visitation is for the non-custodial parent.  If Chelsea even suspects Adam is not participating in the visitation (as in he is asleep) then she needs to call social services and her lawyer.  All of this laid back "gosh I hope everything is okay" shit is hugely irresponsible.  

• Love 9

You mean to tell me this whale  makes 300 grand a year and can't arrange child care for her Wednesday class? 

Jenelle, Jace tells you what you want to hear because he doesn't want to face Uncle ID channel's wrath. 

There was no need to show that clip of Ryan; a simple phone call to Maci would have been better even though Maci would have been insufferable. Lol 

Birds of a feather flock together which is why I am not surprised Briana's friend is a PITA nag as well. 

• Love 10

I WANTED TO PUNCH JENELLE IN THE FACE WHEN SHE TOLD JACE WHAT HIS COUNSELOR SAID!  NOT COOL!!!

I loved Brit's Rugrats T and towel turban!  Can she come have lunch in my kitchen w/me?

I was kind of pulling for Luis there, it sounded like he desperately wanted to do the right thing...then I remembered that he's basically a deadbeat dad.  Part of me hopes he's just "on the road" but...come on, now!

Also, watching people (re) watch Ryan's scene on a phone?  with a dramatic disclaimer?  come on, MTV!

Agreed that this was basically a hodgepodge of those "deleted scenes" that we watch on MTV.com, but Wednesday's kind of a slow TV night, so...

• Love 9
10 hours ago, mittsigirl said:

Didn't Nathan propose to her there?

This is going to be the same trip where David rips a girls phone out of her hand for taking pictures of him and Jenelle and scaring the kids.  ? The only reason jace would have been scared is because he see UBT attack a girl taking a picture of the menu. Even I have done that, multiple times, while my husband saves our seats. 

• Love 9