Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

Did anyone else notice that when Jeremy mentioned that Audrey had said she needed a full night of sleep, Audrey was quick to correct him and say her doctor said she needed a full night of sleep? 

I don't think Aud appreciated Jeremy making her sound like she actually asked for any kind of respite herself. I'm guessing he got chewed out later over it. How dare anyone suggest Audrey is not the most self-sacrificing mother of all time. She would never ask for Jeremy to tend the baby all night unless it was doctors orders!

• Love 8
(edited)
23 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Did anyone else notice that when Jeremy mentioned that Audrey had said she needed a full night of sleep, Audrey was quick to correct him and say her doctor said she needed a full night of sleep? 

I caught that one. I also noticed when Jer and Auj were standing together in the kitchen Jer said "Auj is a real trooper." She had her head buried in her shoulder so her reply was captioned, "I'm not a trooper. I'm mad." I haven't noticed captions before and wondered if the crew weren't totally enamored with her.

And from a while back Jer said, "Aug has a high pain tolerance so when she says something hurts, I know it is really bad." I couldn't help thinking I should have trained my family to believe that about me.

Edited by Tidbit
addition
  • Love 5
(edited)

Hmmm... after years of "Amy is a bitch" remarks, Matt's finally putting his foot down on his fans calling his wife names? What a man! :)

And for the record, Matt has been cheerfully tolerating mean comments about Amy and four letter comments about Amy for YEARS as well. Sounds like Matt finally realized letting his facebook fans bitch bitch bitch about his whore of an ex wife isn't really helping his "I'm St. Matt" routine.

Edited by Rap541
  • Love 11

Jeremy's twin has a little person son. He may have several medical issues going forward, God forbid.

Every time Zach and Tori get pregnant, they have a 50% chance that they may have a baby that will have a harder road navigating life. It was the same situation with Jeremy's parents.

Zach and Tori cheerfully forge ahead, as they should. Their baby is a beautiful gift. They know it too.

Then you have to listen to Jeremy and Audrey whine? Of all young couples, they should understand how lucky they are to have a healthy baby with a little mouth issue.

I find Jeremy and Audrey sickeningly spoiled. As they can't seem to handle little things that come down the pike, they go on their website and preach to other people.

• Love 20
20 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

The Roloffs can't be making a living from pumpkin, salsa, and bread sales.  Their wealth must come from the show.  If the show is cancelled they will sell that farm and maybe that is Amy's fear.  Matt will head off to Arizona but what will she do?  Chris won't be proposing--I guess she would end up buying a house near Zack and Tori and hoping Chris hangs around.

They have hit the bottom of the barrel with story lines.

Since pumpkin season is such a big deal - on the show and in money making - I wonder why they've never added a Christmas tree farm.  They have the room, and they're used to really pushing and advertising for Halloween.  Christmas is even more of a festive occasion, and they could make money off of home-made wreaths, mistletoe, and/or stockings.  People spend a fortune on all the minutiae that goes with decorating for Christmas and they could probably price up Christmas tree ornaments, skirts, holders. Amy could bake the goodies that are popular for the season.  It seems like a big miss to me.  They could sell hot chocolate, cider, and do a lot of the same things they do during the pumpkin season.   

• Love 12
17 hours ago, zenme said:

Btw, am I the only one who thought Marty Klebba looked good? Damn good. 

I wonder if he resents the hell out of Peter Dinklage for getting all the good little people roles.

18 hours ago, camom said:

It bothered me that Matt and Amy mentioned more than once that they needed to talk to "the boys" -- meaning Jer and Zach -- about the future of the farm.  I assume they are the two who might have an interest in running it, but they seem to forget that they have four children.  Financially, Molly and Jacob should have as much of an interest as their brothers.  It should be a family discussion.

Why do Jer and Auj always call Ember "baby girl?"  The child has a name, use it.

Where Matt and Caryn were looking at housing in Arizona is just down the street from me.   Somehow I don't think they would be the best of neighbors.

Personally, it doesn't really bother me.  It's an endearment, and probably what they've called the baby since the ultrasound revealed she was a girl.  If you didn't know better you'd think my mom doesn't know my real name as I've always been Sweetheart.  All the birthdays cards I've gotten are addressed as sweetheart, too.  She also has called her older sister "Sis" for their entire lives, and no one has seemed upset about it.

And while pets are obviously not human babies, I usually refer to them by nicknames rather than given names.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

All the birthdays cards I've gotten are addressed as sweetheart, too.  She also has called her older sister "Sis" for their entire lives, and no one has seemed upset about it.

My aunt is over 70. She has always been called Sis(sy). Even the nieces and nephews call her Aunt Sis. Her license plate on her car is "AuntSis" I never knew her Christian name until I started researching our ancestry. Another aunt refuses to call my daughter by her full Christian name. It's the name of a former paramour of hers. Every card and gift in her 26 yearss been addressed to a shortened version of her name. No complaints have ever been lodged by anyone involved. I even refer to my daughter at age 26 by "baby girl" on occasion. It's a form of endearment and I'm sure Ember will know her Christian name, but, feel special when called "baby girl" by her parents. No matter how old, she'll always be their baby girl.

Tori and Zach call Jackson "Baby J" or "J."

• Love 6
(edited)
8 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Since pumpkin season is such a big deal - on the show and in money making - I wonder why they've never added a Christmas tree farm.  They have the room, and they're used to really pushing and advertising for Halloween.  Christmas is even more of a festive occasion, and they could make money off of home-made wreaths, mistletoe, and/or stockings.  People spend a fortune on all the minutiae that goes with decorating for Christmas and they could probably price up Christmas tree ornaments, skirts, holders. Amy could bake the goodies that are popular for the season.  It seems like a big miss to me.  They could sell hot chocolate, cider, and do a lot of the same things they do during the pumpkin season.   

I didn't know the place was 100 acres...  http://www.rolofffarms.com/first-there-was-a-big-vision/

the write up states at one time there was an overgrown peach orchard. Oregon is warm enough to grow peaches ?

" ...  Amy would have been comfortable with a beautiful home they had found in the city, but Matt was drawn to the rural life. “He had a dream” — a big vision of what this property could be, their ideal home. ..." 

" ...  Today, Roloff Farm has expanded to over 100 acres and is a successful agricultural business, event venue, and major tourist destination during pumpkin season. ..."

and here we sit today, from 1990 - 2018. I guess they sold the house they had in in the city - 30 miles away.

My definition of "agricultural business " means more than one seasonal product - weather & climate permitting. I'm not the biggest fan of pumpkin so its hard for me to see them as something people buy/want all the time, year around - enough to make a living. Given the recent push with restaurants serving local farm-to-table, I do hope they are growing other items.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, sATL said:

My definition of "agricultural business " means more than one seasonal product - weather & climate permitting.

And "successful" agricultural business takes even more meaning.

• Love 1
On 6/7/2018 at 12:02 PM, Rap541 said:

Having the kitchen remodel go bad is disappointing. However these two idiots have expressed no concern about the money involved to fix it.

...and having homeowner's insurance (or not!) would be a good storyline.  We could learn along with the Einsteins about their deductible...about whether this type of damage is covered, etc.  They could appear grateful if their cost is less than expected.  Jeremy could pitch in and do some of the work to lower the costs.

• Love 2

and here we sit today, from 1990 - 2018. I guess they sold the house they had in in the city - 30 miles away.

No, what they mean is that Amy would have been happy with a house in Portland but Matt wanted a farm, so they bought the farm. There was never a house in Portland to sell. This IS part of Matt's narrative about how Matt's the dreamer and Amy thinks small.

Any other item other than the pumpkins that they grow is not for resale. 

The original farm was 34 acres and did have a peach orchard (in season one and two the kids occasionally run the U Pick peach stand). They later bought the farm with the wedding barn but that was a much later (2010?) addition.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

No, what they mean is that Amy would have been happy with a house in Portland but Matt wanted a farm, so they bought the farm. There was never a house in Portland to sell. This IS part of Matt's narrative about how Matt's the dreamer and Amy thinks small.

Any other item other than the pumpkins that they grow is not for resale. 

The original farm was 34 acres and did have a peach orchard (in season one and two the kids occasionally run the U Pick peach stand). They later bought the farm with the wedding barn but that was a much later (2010?) addition.

Regarding the peach trees, Matt made a unilateral decision to get rid of them (and acted on it before telling Amy)  so they could grow or truck in more pumpkins.  This was covered on the show at the time. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Regarding the peach trees, Matt made a unilateral decision to get rid of them (and acted on it before telling Amy)  so they could grow or truck in more pumpkins.  This was covered on the show at the time. 

yes that was a shame about the peaches. they could really be almost year round if they did those and added christmas. they are more focused on agritainment than being a real farm. also the roloff farmS name bothers me. its one farm not a conglomerate.

apologies for lackofcapitalization and spaces this kindle is not respondi.g well anymore ?

• Love 2

So watching the short issue this morning I about fell off the chair when Zack walked in with Pizzas, sat down at the table, opened the pizza box and started eating.

In walked Jeremy and Audrey who were evidently invited for dinner.

How rude of Zack to do that.  No consideration for Tori and none for his brother and wife.

But then again that's the way he always behaved at home so what's new.

Geeez but that really irritated me.  No manners at all.  Me first, me first!  God Bless Tori!

• Love 8

I'm no fan of these two, but having to rip out your brand new kitchen and start all over is a pretty big deal. 

Yeah, they generally annoy me, but I just had a baby three weeks ago, and I know people do that every day, no big whoop, but it is hard when it’s happening to you for the first time. The sleep deprivation and hormones and physical/emotional roller coaster of breastfeeding alone are no joke. It’s been rough on both me and my husband—normal, but still rough. I’ve heard mastitis hurts like a bitch. I can’t imagine having to be filmed during this period. Yes, Auj is a bit of a martyr about the breastfeeding but I feel for her. Jer, on the other hand, should’ve just hired professionals to do the kitchen the first time around.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, TheNewJanBrady said:

Yeah, they generally annoy me, but I just had a baby three weeks ago, and I know people do that every day, no big whoop, but it is hard when it’s happening to you for the first time. The sleep deprivation and hormones and physical/emotional roller coaster of breastfeeding alone are no joke. It’s been rough on both me and my husband—normal, but still rough. I’ve heard mastitis hurts like a bitch. I can’t imagine having to be filmed during this period. Yes, Auj is a bit of a martyr about the breastfeeding but I feel for her. Jer, on the other hand, should’ve just hired professionals to do the kitchen the first time around.

Congratulations!

• Love 8

A sense of humor would go a long way for the young adults sans Tori.  She seems very happy and naturally easy to be around...I think she's slowly rubbing off on Zach which is a good thing.

• Love 5

Zach makes no sense....he didn't want Jackson at the farm during g pumpkin season because of getms and people may want to glom on to the baby....BUT.....he didn't mind taking the baby on a plane to a huge tourist attraction in California....Dumb Ass!

• Love 2
(edited)
On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 8:51 AM, BusyOctober said:

...Jerk really showed his colors to Matt.  Too bad Matt can't see that Jerk is not interested in letting Matt retire or move on to a new career because neither of those plans are inconvenient <<for Jerk>> at this juncture.  That kid truly expects to go on "blogging" and spewing hipster wisdom over the internet with his wife AND being the owner of Roloff Farm.  He's had 25+ years of living with his physically disabled father. He has seen the pain and difficulties Matt has lived with, yet doesn't seem to have offered more than "Hey, it's pumpkin season!" awareness  to what it takes to own and run a working farm. 

Amy, Jerk, Zach & Matt are true fools is there hasn't been any real talk about the future.  None of these people ever sat down to plan (beyond assuming) what would happen to the Farm in the event of either parent's retirement, dibilitating injury, death, or divorce & re-marriage?  Especially after the divorce, there should have been financial & estate planning done with the help of professionals.  All the adult kids should have been included in conversations about what they each want to do and what M & A want.  I have to believe that these things actually have been discussed IRL, & all this "what will happen???" drama is drummed up for a "story". If not, the entire Roloff clan is dumber than portrayed onTV….

THIS ^^^ 

I was astounded (though I shouldn't have been) when I watched Jeremy try to convince his father that TWO YEARS from now would be the ideal time for him to move on from the farm.  Really????  OMG!  Exactly who does Jeremy think he is presenting his father with a timetable?  He has to be the most manipulative young man I've seen in a long time.  Did you see his face during this conversation?  It spoke volumes.  Selfish and entitled human being. 

I agree that all the Roloff children have been privy to what happens when Amy and/or Matt die....or want to move away from the farm.  I'm praying all this uncertainty is all for storyline purposes.

Edited by tinderbox
  • Love 7

Jeremy and Zack have been like this all their lives.  I remember report cards and not even messy rooms but trash heaps in that beautiful home. 

I blame Amy quite a bit.  She was a stay at home mother and surely didn't live up to her role of manners and chores.

Then there's Matt.  He should have started the boys out in the fields and not soccer ones.

I often wonder if he tried but with Amy being so bitter and hateful he just gave up and worked on the TLC show instead.  Amy would be very hard to work with being a huge enabler of those three boys..least we forget Jacob.

The daughter seemed to skim over the whole kit and kaboodle.  She was book and street smart and got herself out of Dodge. 

I'm kind of surprised only Chris and Amy's friend were able to make the Knighting of Amy.  Maybe they were too busy blogging and being little house helpers.  Sigh.

• Love 4
On 6/8/2018 at 6:12 PM, RedheadZombie said:
On 6/8/2018 at 12:09 AM, zenme said:

Btw, am I the only one who thought Marty Klebba looked good? Damn good. 

I wonder if he resents the hell out of Peter Dinklage for getting all the good little people roles.

Both are good actors BUT Dinklage is an exceptional actor.  The Station Agent was beyond good.  Game of Thrones - there are no words.

1 hour ago, tinderbox said:

THIS ^^^ 

I was astounded (though I shouldn't have been) when I watched Jeremy try to convince his father that TWO YEARS from now would be the ideal time for him to move on from the farm.  Really????  OMG!  Exactly who does Jeremy think he is presenting his father with a timetable?  He has to be the most manipulative young man I've seen in a long time.  Did you see his face during this conversation?  It spoke volumes.  Selfish and entitled human being. 

I agree that all the Roloff children have been privy to what happens when Amy and/or Matt die....or want to move away from the farm.  I'm praying all this uncertainty is all for storyline purposes.

Talk about a SNOWFLAKE!  He really thinks he is getting the whole farm.  He has siblings and they will get their share.  He may have to buy them out and let's see how that goes.

• Love 5
(edited)

Here's my theory. It's a stretch, but bear with me.

I think we're heading toward Matt & Amy 2.0. I'm not a Matt fan, but he's savvy, and my guess is he's always on the lookout for a ratings bonanza. Here's how I see that happening.

• Matt and Caryn break up. If we're to believe the tabloids, perhaps they already have. Matt's not one to do well alone, and he's not getting younger or healthier; I can't see him being willing to be alone. I think he'll appeal to Amy for reconciliation on the basis of two things: "saving" the farm, and mending the family. (It's also my guess that Jeremy and Audrey and their "fighting for marriage" shtick will be partly responsible for Matt's change of heart; Matt's always hero-worshiped Jeremy, and I think Jeremy and Molly are the two kids who can impact his thinking.)
  • Amy is conflicted, but given that she obviously still has feelings for Matt, she decides to give him another chance. She never wanted the divorce, and I'm sure its impact on the kids has bothered her. She's obviously enjoying her time with Chris, but I don't see Chris wanting marriage -- and it certainly seems that's endgame for Amy.
  • Matt makes a giant show out of winning her back. Flowers. Date nights. Trips. The kids help him plan special events. Ratings, ratings, ratings. 
  • They remarry on the farm, in which the kids all take a renewed interest now that Mom and Dad are back together. 

As I said, huge stretch -- but it wouldn't surprise me. I think Caryn, Chris, and "will they sell the farm" are filler. Once this occurred to me a few days ago, a lot of plot turns began making sense; they could very well be machinations designed to lead us to something else.

Edited by Literata
Typo
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Literata said:

Here's my theory. It's a stretch, but bear with me.

I think we're heading toward Matt & Amy 2.0. I'm not a Matt fan, but he's savvy, and my guess is he's always on the lookout for a ratings bonanza. Here's how I see that happening.

• Matt and Caryn break up. If we're to believe the tabloids, perhaps they already have. Matt's not one to do well alone, and he's not getting younger or healthier; I can't see him being willing to be alone. I think he'll appeal to Amy for reconciliation on the basis of two things: "saving" the farm, and mending the family. (It's also my guess that Jeremy and Audrey and their "fighting for marriage" shtick will be partly responsible for Matt's change of heart; Matt's always hero-worshiped Jeremy, and I think Jeremy and Molly are the two kids who can impact his thinking.)
  • Amy is conflicted, but given that she obviously still has feelings for Matt, she decides to give him another chance. She never wanted the divorce, and I'm sure its impact on the kids has bothered her. She's obviously enjoying her time with Chris, but I don't see Chris wanting marriage -- and it certainly seems that's endgame for Amy.
  • Matt makes a giant show out of winning her back. Flowers. Date nights. Trips. The kids help him plan special events. Ratings, ratings, ratings. 
  • They remarry on the farm, in which the kids all take a renewed interest now that Mom and Dad are back together. 

As I said, huge stretch -- but it wouldn't surprise me. I think Caryn, Chris, and "will they sell the farm" are filler. Once this occurred to me a few days ago, a lot of plot turns began making sense; they could very well be machinations designed to lead us to something else.

Actually you might have something there.  I'm sure Chris won't marry Amy and once Caryn realizes matt is going to require a lot of care she will second guess that hook up!  Caryn is nice looking and can attract another man.

With their halves whole again retirement should be breezy.

The kids will be happy and never have to lift a finger.  The farm will be saved!  God bless the network!

• Love 1

I appreciate the spirit of your argument, Literata. I just don't think it will happen. 

I don't think Matt and Caryn broke up. I think Matt finally wised up that the actual facts of "Caryn worked here for years and now I am dating her and insisting she attend family events at my ex wife's home and insist that my new girlfriend and my ex wife work together despite how they BOTH clearly find it awkward" make Matt look like an utter ass. I mean, lets assume Amy IS the ragebeast horror bitch some people think she is. Matt thinks is appropriate to force his new girlfriend to be subjected to that. What a fucking prince he, insisting his girlfriend who works for him to do work related chores with his ex wife who clearly despises him. 

(Honestly this should be a redflag to Caryn but...)

So Caryn leaving the farm and likely the show is possibly due to the bad press. 

Amy does want marriage and I don't think Chris wants marriage but... I think Amy has seen the other side. The other side where she doesn't have have to settle for Matt. 

I honestly can't see Matt returning to Amy because Matt would have to concede that he was wrong when he walked away from the marriage - if he goes back, he was wrong to leave. I can't see that happening. 

• Love 7

Jeremy could pitch in and do some of the work to lower the costs.

Isn't that what got them into this mess in the first place?  I think Jeremy would have trouble hanging a picture without help.

• Love 9

I don't see "Matt and Amy 2.0."  Not at all, not ever.  I think that ship has sailed.  I don't see any love between them, in fact they usually act like they can't stand each other.  I can see Matt and Caryn breaking up at some point, but no way would Matt try to woo Amy back, and I don't think Amy would ever take him back.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Phoebe70 said:

I don't see "Matt and Amy 2.0."  Not at all, not ever.  I think that ship has sailed.  I don't see any love between them, in fact they usually act like they can't stand each other.  I can see Matt and Caryn breaking up at some point, but no way would Matt try to woo Amy back, and I don't think Amy would ever take him back.

I think Amy has reached the point where  she’s happier without him. Knowing that doesn’t mean she’s not still hurt and bitter about the breakup. Any time someone leaves you rather than the other way around, you are hurt by the idea that they didn’t think you were ‘all that’.  When a marriage fails, lives change. Your children and grandchildren have to split their time between you. Traditions and holiday gatherings change.  She’s still sad and angry about that even knowing she’s happier daily now. Doesn’t mean she’d take him back. 

Matt’s perfectly happy with Caryn, just as he will be perfectly happy with whomever comes after Caryn.   

• Love 6
3 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Any time someone leaves you rather than the other way around, you are hurt by the idea that they didn’t think you were ‘all that’.  When a marriage fails, lives change. Your children and grandchildren have to split their time between you. Traditions and holiday gatherings change.  

Been there, sadly, and agree entirely. But the difference is, I'm not on TV, and I'm not worried about ratings affecting what's become a gravy train for most of my family. I'm 99 percent sure my theory is wrong, but the remaining 1% is skeptical that what we think is happening is actually happening. 

I think that Matt would do just about anything in this world to keep his current state of mind and separated from Amy.  I recall when he broke the news about the divorce to his parents and they begged him to reconsider, but, he would have none of it. You could tell that he was way past done on it. He seems years younger and much healthier since they split, imo. 

Based on her behavior and comments, Amy really does miss the marriage and is very jealous over the fact that Matt is no longer married to her.   I'm not sure if she would take him back, but, she sure would love to make him crawl and beg. That's something she would love, imo.  

I think they both really know they are better not married to each other. I hope they don't forget the misery they brought to one another. Life is too short. Move on and be happy.   

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I think that Matt would do just about anything in this world to keep his current state of mind and separated from Amy.  I recall when he broke the news about the divorce to his parents and they begged him to reconsider, but, he would have none of it. You could tell that he was way past done on it. He seems years younger and much healthier since they split, imo. 

Ok here is my opinion on that - Matt always put Jeremy above Zach and I think it was because he was an average sized person that HAD TO LOVE HIM.  I can see that once Caryn(?) cozied up to him he thought, "Oh look I can get an averaged sized woman............".   I think he is an alcoholic and very nasty to be around.  Zach has come a long way and fell in love with his wife organically, like it should be.  I have been impressed with Zach this season.  He needed to get away from his brother.  I have no explanation of what the heck happened to Jeremy and for some reason I don't think he is being himself at all.

• Love 10

I think what happened to Jeremy is Audrey.  He always thought he was 'all that' but now he thinks he is 'all knowing'.

I too have been kind of impressed with Zach that he seems to chose being with Tori rather than Jeremy and as it should be.  He was always in Jeremy's shadow.

Of the four Tori is my favorite . 

• Love 8
On 6/9/2018 at 5:19 PM, Jeanne222 said:

So watching the short issue this morning I about fell off the chair when Zack walked in with Pizzas, sat down at the table, opened the pizza box and started eating.

In walked Jeremy and Audrey who were evidently invited for dinner.

How rude of Zack to do that.  No consideration for Tori and none for his brother and wife.

But then again that's the way he always behaved at home so what's new.

Geeez but that really irritated me.  No manners at all.  Me first, me first!  God Bless Tori!

I watched the sneak peek mini this morning, too, and my favorite part was when Zach was taking about both couples taking a beach trip weekend. Audrey CANNOT hide her disdain for one second.

I also enjoyed how Jer said they were only over there eating “Caesar’s” because their kitchen was being repainted. Um, thanks bro. ? His monotone, smug voice is starting to grate on my nerves. 

84158ADA-A8CC-44BD-9A6E-B2718705FA33.jpeg

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Shmoopaloop said:

I watched the sneak peek mini this morning, too, and my favorite part was when Zach was taking about both couples taking a beach trip weekend. Audrey CANNOT hide her disdain for one second.

I also enjoyed how Jer said they were only over there eating “Caesar’s” because their kitchen was being repainted. Um, thanks bro. ? His monotone, smug voice is starting to grate on my nerves. 

84158ADA-A8CC-44BD-9A6E-B2718705FA33.jpeg

I once read an article about body positions.  Notice Jeremy with his arms crossed in front like he is protecting himself.  From what I wonder?

• Love 3

I just don't know what Jeremy has to be smug about. They're "eating Ceasars" at Zach and Tory's because Jeremy's fucking incompetence led to the kitchen needing to be repaired by professionals. Not sure why Jer is smugly looking down on anyone. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I once read an article about body positions.  Notice Jeremy with his arms crossed in front like he is protecting himself.  From what I wonder?

I'm more taken by the body language of Auj and Tori:  heads/eye's looking away from the other, legs crossed away from each other, even their hands are crossed away from each other.   They hate each other.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, stitcher73 said:

I'm more taken by the body language of Auj and Tori:  heads/eye's looking away from the other, legs crossed away from each other, even their hands are crossed away from each other.   They hate each other.

In fairness, Tori was looking at Zach while he was talking (like a polite person would, Auj).  I did think about their legs and hands, too. But, I know when I’ve been sitting for awhile I’ll switch leg sides often. Who knows how long that interview had been going on. 

Edited by Shmoopaloop
  • Love 3

Something about Caryn just seems suspicious to me. She always seems to be kissing Matt’s ass to an extreme level. She’s working an angle. 

I feel sorry for Amy, if she’s feeling pushed out. I’m glad she won’t be bought out. 

• Love 13

No wonder Amy doesn't trust Matt!  She's absolutely right.  He agreed to the terms of the divorce, and now he's trying to weasel out of them.  No, Matt, Amy has no moral or legal obligation to give her house to you and no moral or legal obligation to fund a house for you.  And if I were Amy, someone would be auditing the books.  I'd be asking the same questions about how he is able to fund two new houses.  The idea that his new home would add value to the farm is also questionable.  He seems to want a house that is custom built to address his physical challenges.  What are the odds that someone else would pay the full value of such a home when it would need to be retrofitted for someone of average height?

And as for the farm's future, if they want it to survive, someone better convince Molly to run it.  

• Love 11
(edited)

30 min into the show:

Matt & Amy both independently (without their companions)  need to figure out how they want to live out the next chapter of their lives. Even if they were still married - would they be running  a farm into their 60s+?

It does sound like Matt is closer to at least semi-retirement, which makes sense. He's earned it.

It sounds like Amy is hanging on to be spiteful and has a hard time letting go of the good old days. And she's the 1st person seasoned in the work force/life/loves to travel/being on the go/etc  I heard that wants a house with a big yard/acres. But that can be arranged. All kinds of houses are out there. Her farmhouse is LP friendly, so that is probably another reason she doesn't want to let go.

Why can't Amy buy Matt out - with option to have a small acreage with own entrance and house? twins take over day-to-day. They have 100 acres - can't some be split (ie re-zoned) off from the farm for just living purposes - like 10 acres each?

I'm glad to see the twins realize that they don't know enough to run the farm and need an apprenticeship. I think too they are hanging onto the the good old days, but let them have their shot in trying to make it work.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 6