Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

(edited)

Does anyone else notice Jeremy and Matt always seem to put it on Amy like it's her wanting to sell the farm? Can Jeremy not see it is his Dad talking about selling, talking about Arizona? He has always sided with Matt. I can't stand the arrogant self righteous jerk! You can see his head spinning wanting the house Amy lives in. He (Jerk Jeremy) is dying for Amy to leave so he and Audrey can move in. It sickens me. Amy should have spoken up and said why are y'all asking me...ask your dad...he's the one wanting to leave.

As to her anger at Matt..she's pissed he's treating Caryn better than he did her. If he'd treated her like that...they would have been happy. Sure she was a nag, but you can't blame her. He was constantly coming up with crazy ideas and losing money. Jeremy is just like him and Audrey is beginning to see that. If Matt hadn't gotten lucky and the TV show came along he would have bankrupt them long ago with his flighiness. Amy had to try to keep him realistic and became the bad guy to everyone but Zach. Zach sees through his Dad's bullcrap. Jacob was spoiled rotten by Amy. I'm surprised he's not there trying to push her out too.

She needs to stand her ground and stay there as long as she likes. 

Edited by shedee
  • Love 23

It's just weird to me.  Of course Amy is of the mindset that she will remain in the big house til she is too old to live independently.  I mean that was the decision made at the time of the divorce.  Matt was on board with that agreement.

And nothing has changed to suggest anything should be different.  

None of their four children have shown any real interest in actually working at the farm.  The twins were only marginally involved in pumpkin season (no more involved than when they were as middle schoolers).

So i kinda agree with Amy... i would wonder if there was some hidden agenda too.  

There just isn't any reason to have the discussion at all.  There was nothing to discuss.

• Love 19

Weird—I really didn’t see them ganging up on Amy. I felt it was reasonable to ask Amy her future plans. I mean, she could say I’m thinking of moving in with Chris next year or something. Obviously her goal is to stay in the house, but when you are literally having a discussion about the future of the property it makes sense to discuss every angle. 

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, MoodyGirl said:

Weird—I really didn’t see them ganging up on Amy. I felt it was reasonable to ask Amy her future plans. I mean, she could say I’m thinking of moving in with Chris next year or something. Obviously her goal is to stay in the house, but when you are literally having a discussion about the future of the property it makes sense to discuss every angle. 

Yeah...but....

Were they actually having any real discussion about the future?  I didn't think so.  Matt sort of hemmed and hawed about possibly becoming a snowbird.  Jeremy, per usual, hemmed and hawed about someday maybe having an interest in the farm sometime in the future.

No one said anything of any substance.

Then they turned to Amy and asked for her plans.  I thought she gave the only answer that made sense given the details that were provided.  She essentially said, "my future plan remains as it always has been, but i understand future circumstances may change those plans."  

It's kind of hard to say anything more.  

• Love 13

I think there's a point where the questions that aren't being asked are kind of important.

Where do the menfolk think Amy will live? Will Amy be financially compensated for giving up the farm house? Why is there a mad rush for Amy to make a decision anyway? She's what, 55? And Jeremy and Zach both own homes, nice homes at that, and Matt owns several properties now. Jeremy has already told Matt that Matt can't retire for at least two years because Jeremy isn't ready to work on the farm. 

And Matt clearly has bought property all by himself (and maybe with Caryn) in his own name so he now has a place he can totally customize to his very special needs. Why does Amy need to move? 

What does Amy gain by moving? 

• Love 22

I did find it interesting and telling that when the twins were discussing the farm by themselves, only Zach could articulate exactly what he saw himself doing in the future on the farm, even if it was slightly vague (calling vendors, setting up pumpkin season, much like Caryn does presently). Jerk didn't have an answer as to what, if anything, he saw himself doing with the farm but was quick to point out other ways his brother could do for the farm (giving tours, etc.).

Matt, Jerk & Auj are not going to stop beating this dead horse until Amy caves. "You're not listening" No Matt, you aren't listening and you are talking over Amy. You did not agree to what you are claiming in your publicly available divorce decree. There is nothing about Amy buying you a love nest. The reason I suspect you don't want to splinter off a piece of the property for yourself is twofold. 1. You would have to pay Amy for half of the value of the land. 2. You would have to pay your own taxes on that property. Currently all of the taxes for the property can be funneled through the farm as it's one property. If Matt owned his own property and the farm, he'd have to pay for that himself and not run it through the farm. I suspect it would also be absolutely impossible for anyone to agree that Amy should buy half the house for him in that case as well.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Shmoopaloop said:

I’m so glad Molly got away from this band of idiots. 

Speaking of Molly, did she decided to not do the show anymore  like Jacob did? If so, Molly is smart like Jacob 

• Love 2

Amy is entitled to the "Big House" but I can also see her being very spiteful.  I can see Matt finally caving and building a home customized to his needs only to have Amy decide to sell....another question....can either Matt or Amy afford to buy the other out of their shares of the farm?  I have a feeling that Amy is feeling very insecure right now ( and I don't blame her).... Matt and Caryn appear to be in a more committed relationship right now...making plans for a future together...Amy and Chris are just playing....Chris doesn't want to make any kind of commitment...he very much wants his option to walk out at any time with no ties.....deep down Amy knows this...she is too scared to openly admit it.  If Amy did decide to leave then Matt should have the first option to move Into the"Big House".  If Jeremy was smart ( and he has proven time and again he is not) he'd be kissing his mother's ass so she would let him and his family move in if she decides to leave the farm.  Jeremy is so dam arrogant and entitled he will expect the farm to be customized to his average height status at Amy's expense.

• Love 11
(edited)
3 hours ago, Literata said:

Why can't it simply be that Amy just doesn't want to move, as is her right? She's abiding to the terms of the divorce; end of story. Why should she have to "let go"? She and Matt built the big house with dreams of retiring there and watching grandchildren run around the farm. He changed those plans. She didn't.

The way Matt and the twins ganged up on her in this episode was all kinds of reprehensible and flat-out sexist. I despise sanctimonious Jeremy with a fiery passion, but I'm usually in Zach's corner. Not tonight, though.

Matt has proven time and time again that he's unscrupulous, so I'm not surprised by anything he does. But the twins? That's their mother, whom their father left, and now they're helping him try to push her out of her house. They should be ashamed.

With all due respect, that's ageist. Amy's healthy and in good shape. And 55 is far from old. She's entitled to want what she wants.

sorry - I didn't mean to imply "ageist" or that she' isn't entitled to want what she wants. I just meant she is the 1st person I heard whose kids are grown, who yes, b/c of where they are  their seasoned career/work history or everyday life general  , who wants a bigger yard. Most I know is downsizing and that includes the yard (and/or snow responsibilities) - meaning who want to take on more work  or bills (for maintenance thereof) now, when you really don't have to. But if one wants to, have at it.

I rephrased my earlier comment. Didn't mean to offend. I am in that age category myself.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 10
(edited)

Now let me ask this.. Matt & Amy were married 26+ years (I think that is what is said in the opening). They divorced and everything is 50-50 & Amy keeps the big house & Matt keeps the doublewide.

I'm still a little unclear if the ownership of said houses are 50-50 or do they independently own what they live in.

Does that mean until one of them passes they will always be still "tied" to each other - b/c of the 50-50 interest? If so, how does either of them live a separate single life ? Can the terms of divorce be taken back to the court ? My idea of "divorce" is a little different than what I am hearing..

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1

I definitely got the idea that Jer and Zach were coached to be as insufferable as possible when talking about their wishes to keep the farm in the family.  To hell, with our parents' retirement.  We just want, what we want. lol  I almost got the feeling that they burst into laughter when the cameras went off.  I mean, it is absurd. And, the idea about living in the DW for a month to observe the goings on of the operation of the farm is ridiculous. They grew up on the farm and are very familiar with how things go.  It sounded like BS to me.  Neither of them seems equipped to handle the farm.  I would have more faith in Tori and Auj. 

I CRACKED UP when Zach was describing his role on the farm and he said, he would be a CARYN!  lol  Jer didn't even smile when he said it. 

The big question for me, is HOW DOES THE BOYS RUNNING the farm make any business sense? Now, the farm business pays for its overhead and provides Amy and Matt income. If they retire, how does the operation of the farm still provide them income, sufficient to live on, PLUS support Jer and Zach's families?  Are Jer and Zach planning to PURCHASE the farm from Matt and Amy and keep it in the family that way? A straight hand out doesn't make much sense at all. 

Amy's decision to NOT sell the house unless, everything is sold and no one remains, tells me that she wants to keep the place out of spite. Chris seemed to have a calming effect on her. I hope he can cause her to do what she really wants and needs, without the revenge factor being her motivation. Even though Amy's mobility is ok now, I'd explore one floor options.  

• Love 3

I can't even get my thoughts gathered around Matt & Amy's property dilemmas.  I am just appalled by Jerk & Zach's attitudes.  "Yah, we love the farm and want our kids to have it someday..." and the unspoken "but WORK the Farm, uummmm...we'll get back to you on that!" Now that Matt & Amy are divorced and contemplating their own futures (as is their right), Zach & Jerk are in panic mode. Their easy-breezy life style they've grown accustom to could be ending. 

What is all the BS about J & Z having to study and research and observe how to run the farm & what it takes to do the day-to-day tasks??  You 2 idiots have LIVED THERE almost your entire lives! You don't have any idea of what your Dad and Mom have done for the past twenty-six years???  Those 2 pin heads think moving into the "DW" for a month each will give them the agricultural & business accumen to run a 100-acre farm.  Oh, but wait - that genius plan hinges on pushing Amy out of HER home or Matt using community farm proceeds to build himself an LP McMansion first, then Tweedle Dim & Tweedle Dimmer will take turns in the "So You Want to be a Farmer" 30-day Intensive Lab DW.  BTW- when Zach mentioned this idea to Tori, she was immediately onboard and game to try it.  Odd's response after Jerk brought it up: look of abject horror....<crickets>...<crickets> "Um, I , uh...maybe?".  At least Zach brought up what his contributions could be re. Tours, Office Management. What did Jerk claim as his area of expertise?  <crickets>

Aside from the sell the farm-keep the farm drama, my biggest "Whaaa?" of this episode was Odd & Jerk telling us that Odd hasn't made a "home cooked" meal since April!  This episode took place in November I believe.  Yes, they moved in and remodled the kitchen (attempt #1), but it was a functioning kitchen for a time before the baby was born, and for a bit after Ember came home. Then Leak Gate happened and remodle #2 happened, so I get that they had no kitchen for that period of time.  But when did they move?  Late Spring/early Summer?  Didn't she have a kitchen in her previous rental home?  I am confused how two grown adults haven't managed to cook a meal or 50 between April & November. Always More Stupidity with these two twits. 

The other thing that irked is how Jerk & Odd  congratulated themselves for managing to go on an overnight trip with (gasp!) A BABY...dun dun DUN!!! They both seemed astonished that a) they managed to drive 90min with a car full of baby gear and overnight bags  b) they survived taking care of their child for 24 hours while away from their house.  

• Love 11

I'm not around many breast feeding moms.....actually I'm not around any, however, is it the new norm to completely cover your head while doing so???? I mean I'm all for modesty and covering the baby up if that makes you more comfortable but Auj just makes me feel smothered when she feeds Ember. 

• Love 7
(edited)

The beach trip did seem to be rather fun. They all seemed to enjoy it. That was refreshing.  I think that Jer and Auj forgot about their troubles. lol

Doesn't Tori still breast feed?  Auj was shown doing it, but, I must have missed Tori's.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe

I'm stuck on the question - why can't the farm (ie the business) be a property separate entity from the house(s) ? Yes, go to the zoning board do whatever they ask. Yes, strive to own it all - maybe one day the farm can expand. But the house property will always be there - with any and all owners of a given house.

I poking around on the Drummonds (even though they are married ). And I remember an episode where the grandmother (to the hubby Ladd) lives in like a subdivision house. Surely , she didn't have to wait until death - to get a house elsewhere.

"Ladd co-owns Drummond Land & Cattle Co. with his brother Tim, and they make up one of the top ranching families in the United States. The ranch you see on Ree’s show is located just west of Pawhuska, Okla., and has been in the Drummond family for five generations. The sprawling property is home to much of his extended family (they even have a small cemetery adjacent to their home for family members who have passed). Ree, Ladd, and their children, live in the same house that he grew up in—just a few miles away from the Lodge where she films her show. "

So they have a bunch of houses/families, a cemetery, and who know what else, and THEN there is the cattle ranch... Matt & Amy can't do the same ??

• Love 1

Matt and Amy each own 50% of Roloff Farms, Inc.  The houses belong to the corporation.  Either of them is free to move wherever they wish and to use their portion of the profits to buy a home wherever they wish.  But any changes in ownership of the houses on the farm has to be agreed upon by the corporation, so there's not going to be a "majority rules" capability.  Nothing can change unless they both agree.  Matt and/or Jeremy cannot force Amy out without making it worth her while so that she agrees to moving.  

At this point, Matt and Amy are still trying to make each other miserable, and their corporate situation makes that possible.

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Amy's decision to NOT sell the house unless, everything is sold and no one remains, tells me that she wants to keep the place out of spite.

Amy does not have to move based on their divorce agreement.  Why should she give up her house because her ex changed his mind about the agreement he signed or one of her sons covets her house?  That isn't spite, it's holding onto something she wanted during the divorce proceedings.  They have a complex (horrendous in my mind) divorce settlement where things are not clear to the general public it seems on how it works.  To change the settlement and keep it equitable, they would end up back with lawyers, accountants, forensic accounting experts, and a judge and spending another ton of money to make changes.  To make changes otherwise or to ask for changes otherwise usually indicates something underhanded is going on where the party wanting the changes is trying to cheat the ex-spouse.

• Love 10
(edited)
9 hours ago, MoodyGirl said:

I mean, she could say I’m thinking of moving in with Chris next year or something.

I noticed when Chris and Amy were having dinner and discussing Amy's future, it was exactly that. Amy's future. Chris made no mention of them having a future. Living together, next steps, marriage. Nothing. He can't make it any more clear that he has no intention of the relationship going any further than living separately and "dating". Poor Amy. She wants so much more. I wish she would just speak up and tell Chris exactly what she wants. 

I also wish that Molly would have a heart to heart with Amy and tell her there is no way she should leave that house until she is damn good and ready, not to feel guilty about it,  and no way her lazy brothers could run that farm without ruining it. What ever Matt and Amy decide, they should have it in their will that Molly will be the executor of their estate after they die. 

I also agree with a poster upthread, my bet is that the entire talk with Jer and Zach was for TV. Matt and Amy already know exactly what they are going to do. I can't believe that their divorce lawyers would not have them iron out what to do with the farm in the future in the event one of them decides to move away. You don't just omit that from the divorce decree when there is that much land and real estate involved. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 12

The houses aren't separate and apart from the farm (maybe the DW is, depending upon how it is anchored).  You can't sell the house and not the land on which it sits, and the land is one parcel of land that includes the entire farm.  At a minimum, they would have to subdivide the land. 

• Love 1

My interpretation of what Amy's position was as she said, I will live in the house, UNLESS the entire farm is sold, was that she would stay there, just to ensure that no one else in the family got it. The money wouldn't be worth it to her.  She would be compensated, so, it's not like she'd leave without a buy out.  To me, that takes her wishes out of it.  She's not denying that she might want to move, might want to move in with Chris somewhere, get her own place that's smaller, etc. It's just a blanket statement, that to me indicates, an attitude of, if I can't have it, nobody (in the family) can have it.

It's within her legal right, of course, but, just seems counterproductive.  I sort of see her point, though.  The farm is a place that the adult kids love. The grandkids will presumably love it too.  If Matt or one of the adult children moves into that house on the farm, it would continue to be a hub for their gatherings. She would be down the road or in town in a smaller place, and maybe get left out.  This is true, especially, if Matt moved in to it. Because, if he gets married to Caryn......OMG.  CARYN living in her custom built HOME!  OUTRAGEOUS.  So, I get it.  I really do.  I suspect that is why she is dead set against any family member getting it, because, Caryn might end up there.  This resentment seems to be her sole motivation regarding the property.  I hope it doesn't destroy her. 

• Love 7

Amy's decision to NOT sell the house unless, everything is sold and no one remains, tells me that she wants to keep the place out of spite.

Or Amy wants the only solution where all four children are treated equally from a financial standpoint. They can't all live on the farm and I am not hearing Jeremy offer to buy the farm, so if Jeremy gets the big house and Zach gets the double wide... what do Molly and Jacob get? A "thanks for being the shit children! The twins deserve it all!"?

And even if it is spite - honestly, why is it wrong for Amy to want what she agreed to in the divorce decree? She's being asked to walk away with nothing and if she doesn't, she's selfish and spiteful. If Amy got the house in the divorce and now has to move with NO COMPENSATION or little compensation... How is that not Matt selfishly changing the terms of the divorce to get himself the house and to screw Amy with no money?

Matt and the boys are NOT offering to buy Amy out so how is that NOT selfish of them to want to be given the house for free?

• Love 14
14 minutes ago, Quof said:

The houses aren't separate and apart from the farm (maybe the DW is, depending upon how it is anchored).  You can't sell the house and not the land on which it sits, and the land is one parcel of land that includes the entire farm.  At a minimum, they would have to subdivide the land. 

right. that is the word I was trying to think of. "subdivide". 

There's got to be a precedent in a law book on how this problem was solved - surely the Roloff's can't be the 1st - ... other than 'till death due one of us part" . 

I don't think Amy is being spiteful about staying.  She straight out asked Matt, "Why, do you want to buy me out?".   If Matt had the means to, none of these issues would be a problem.

I suspect the farm asset is simply too big for either Amy or Matt to afford solo.  And the house is worth more with the land and visa versa.  So subdividing would devalue the total worth. This is how they got stuck cohabitating on the property.  (Neither want to devalue the investment they worked their marriage to build, and neither has the means to buy the other out.)

Now added to this is the next generation who think this asset is somehow free for the taking.  Jerk seems confused about why the whole place isn't just handed over to him no questions asked; he even suggested his father has a few good years left to make money. (I guess to fund his retirement since the farm investment will soon be Jerk's outright...don't even get me started on how he treats his mother...oye)

So when Matt suggests Amy should just move (without a payout), when Jerk suggest Amy should just move (without any sort of payoff)...Amy is only being pragmatic (not spiteful) when she "I just rather see the place sold outright" then continue to dink around with this investment none of them can afford solo.

The only real solutions to this mess are 1) sell the farm, divide the money and go their separate ways or 2) come up with a clear, fair, precise plan for the twins (and other children) to buy into the asset.  A plan that legally spells out acceptable terms.  

So this is on the twins. Matt has a history of manipulative intentions and rash actions.  Amy has a history of simply closing down and not dealing with things straightforwardly (likely from years of Matt fallout).

If the twins want the farm they need to SERIOUSLY man up and come up with a plan.

• Love 10
(edited)
52 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Or Amy wants the only solution where all four children are treated equally from a financial standpoint. They can't all live on the farm and I am not hearing Jeremy offer to buy the farm, so if Jeremy gets the big house and Zach gets the double wide... what do Molly and Jacob get? A "thanks for being the shit children! The twins deserve it all!"?

And even if it is spite - honestly, why is it wrong for Amy to want what she agreed to in the divorce decree? She's being asked to walk away with nothing and if she doesn't, she's selfish and spiteful. If Amy got the house in the divorce and now has to move with NO COMPENSATION or little compensation... How is that not Matt selfishly changing the terms of the divorce to get himself the house and to screw Amy with no money?

Matt and the boys are NOT offering to buy Amy out so how is that NOT selfish of them to want to be given the house for free?

Ref. Boldface.  True.  That's another option. That makes sense.  I'm just not so sure that it's the real concern for her, but, if it is, it's reasonable.  But, the thing is....what if they sold it to a third party?  Matt and Amy split the money and the kids get nothing.  Nothing wrong with that, imo.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 4

What makes sense is Amy and Zach to swap houses. He's the one with a dwarf kid and possibly more to come. Amy doesnt need that huge house any more. Jer and Auj are probably not having Ny more kids. Matt should build something for himself.

• Love 1

Ref. Boldface.  True.  That's another option. That makes sense.  I'm just not so sure that it's the real concern for her, but, if it is, it's reasonable. 

I think its a combo of "treating all the kids fairly", making sure there are no resentments later, and honestly, how will Amy be compensated? Because seriously, I am not seeing anyone say anything other than "Amy needs to leave and what's this talk of compensation, get out bitch".

I am not hearing "we need to buy Mom out" at all. AT ALL.  The only talk of a buyout seems to come from Amy and she thinks Matt would buy her out.

I am also not seeing anyone suggest that Jeremy and Auj and to a lesser extent Zach and Tory find lives for themselves. Matt pretty openly admitted the boys have not been included in the business side of the farm and honestly, if either Jeremy or Zach are going to run the farm, they need to stop having beach trips and actually work. 

• Love 7
(edited)

after the pizza Tori says "see y'all at the farm" Auj turns around with such disgust "I'm not going to the farm" the camera catches all her facial expressions, she will never do a month stay on the farm while the inlaws are still there lol. 

Edited by Whyyouneedaname
correction
  • Love 7
13 minutes ago, Whyyouneedaname said:

after the pizza Tori says "see y'all at the farm" Auj turns around with such disgust "I'm not going to the farm" the camera catches all her facial expressions, she will never do a month stay on the farm while the inlaws are still there lol. 

Yeah...there was something odd that happened.  I read it differently though.  Clearly only the twins were invited to the table to discuss.  When Tori said, "see ya there", Auj whipped around like lightning...maybe she though Tori was being included while she alone was excluded from the discussions?  Maybe it's it's just a very sensitive topic for her?  Maybe she's super offensive or defensive about it?  Idk.  There was something weird though.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, MegD said:

"You're not listening" No Matt, you aren't listening and you are talking over Amy.

That made for a great "show, don't tell" moment where it was clear Amy was being treated like a brainless woman. I'm sure the producers were salivating; it made a great sound byte. And Amy is being very sensible about not pushing ahead her relationship when she has a terrific place to live...that has plenty of room for Chris later on.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

I noticed when Chris and Amy were having dinner and discussing Amy's future, it was exactly that. Amy's future. Chris made no mention of them having a future. Living together, next steps, marriage. Nothing. He can't make it any more clear that he has no intention of the relationship going any further than living separately and "dating". Poor Amy. She wants so much more. I wish she would just speak up and tell Chris exactly what she wants. 

I also wish that Molly would have a heart to heart with Amy and tell her there is no way she should leave that house until she is damn good and ready, not to feel guilty about it,  and no way her lazy brothers could run that farm without ruining it. What ever Matt and Amy decide, they should have it in their will that Molly will be the executor of their estate after they die. 

I also agree with a poster upthread, my bet is that the entire talk with Jer and Zach was for TV. Matt and Amy already know exactly what they are going to do. I can't believe that their divorce lawyers would not have them iron out what to do with the farm in the future in the event one of them decides to move away. You don't just omit that from the divorce decree when there is that much land and real estate involved. 

YES, YES AND YES!!  

I too noticed that never did Chris reference "us" or "we"; he is not in this for the long term.  At least not the long term that Amy foresees :  not necessarily married but definitely committed.  They are NOT on the same page and Amy needs to have a talk with him ASAP so she can either "fish or cut bait".

Also 100% agree that Molly must be the executor of their wills.  First, because no way in heck would I trust Jerkery to do the right thing and secondly,  I just don't think any of the sons have the brain power to deal with what an executor must do.

• Love 4

Also 100% agree that Molly must be the executor of their wills.  First, because no way in heck would I trust Jerkery to do the right thing and secondly,  I just don't think any of the sons have the brain power to deal with what an executor must do.

Should be but most likely won't be because of the social dynamic in the family. And honestly? I wouldn't want to be Molly if thats what happens because Jeremy (and Auj) will be an ass over it.

I'm honestly amazed this made it to tv. I hope Jeremy realizes what a completely selfish ass he comes across as. Jeremy honey? You're almost thirty. If you really want to work on the farm, now is the time to start. You don't need a special month long training seminar, you can... just start working. You can drive that ten to twenty minutes from your house every day to the farm and sit at Daddy Matt's knee and *work*.  Instead, based on your Instagram, you've been vacationing in Hawaii and writing a book about how you fucked your wife, I mean how you got married to Christ and Auj, and basically have spent the time since this episode dithering and playing like the spoiled little boy playing at adulthood that you are.

I agree, btw, that the real solution - Amy is bought out or they sell the farm, has been discussed off screen and this was mostly for the cameras. And realistically, Matt and Amy aren't leaving that farm in any permanent fashion until they no longer have a tv show. The tv show is funding a LOT of their "other investments"

• Love 12
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Should be but most likely won't be because of the social dynamic in the family. And honestly? I wouldn't want to be Molly if thats what happens because Jeremy (and Auj) will be an ass over it.

I'm honestly amazed this made it to tv. I hope Jeremy realizes what a completely selfish ass he comes across as. Jeremy honey? You're almost thirty. If you really want to work on the farm, now is the time to start. You don't need a special month long training seminar, you can... just start working. You can drive that ten to twenty minutes from your house every day to the farm and sit at Daddy Matt's knee and *work*.  Instead, based on your Instagram, you've been vacationing in Hawaii and writing a book about how you fucked your wife, I mean how you got married to Christ and Auj, and basically have spent the time since this episode dithering and playing like the spoiled little boy playing at adulthood that you are.

I agree, btw, that the real solution - Amy is bought out or they sell the farm, has been discussed off screen and this was mostly for the cameras. And realistically, Matt and Amy aren't leaving that farm in any permanent fashion until they no longer have a tv show. The tv show is funding a LOT of their "other investments"

You make SUCH a good point about the t.v. income necessitates holding onto that farm as long as possible.  

Having a good plan to transition the farm to the twins would provide for a long t.v. future though.  So they really should stop dinking around with these incredibly boring discussions (that aren't really discussions) before they fully lose their viewer base.

Ensuring future t.v. incone is another good reason for these twins to MAN up and come up with a viable plan.

So are they just just too immature to understand that...or are they really not intetested in the farm at all and just sort of pretend to be for the show (just playing it out for as long as they can keep the show going)??

Edited by ezzy4
  • Love 3
(edited)
50 minutes ago, ezzy4 said:

Yeah...there was something odd that happened.  I read it differently though.  Clearly only the twins were invited to the table to discuss.  When Tori said, "see ya there", Auj whipped around like lightning...maybe she though Tori was being included while she alone was excluded from the discussions?  Maybe it's it's just a very sensitive topic for her?  Maybe she's super offensive or defensive about it?  Idk.  There was something weird though.

Maybe Audrey just hates the farm and do not enjoy being at the farm and I do not think Audrey would be happy if Jeremy decide to live on the farm for a month and Audrey has to live with him on the farm

Edited by DVDFreaker
  • Love 2

Maybe Audrey just hates the farm and do not enjoy being at the farm and I do not think Audrey would be happy when Jeremy and Audrey has to live on the farm for a month 

I think Audrey likes the farm and likes the idea of owning the farm... but Jeremy's family not so much. Auj has never given the impression that she does more than tolerate Jeremy's relatives. 

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

I think Audrey likes the farm and likes the idea of owning the farm... but Jeremy's family not so much. Auj has never given the impression that she does more than tolerate Jeremy's relatives. 

You could be right

First, I have family that goes every year to the pumpkin patch, and trust me, those two boys Zach and Jeremy have no clue how to run that farm. There are four full time employees always at the farm, that run the day to day operations, including the planting, maintenance, and landscaping of the farm. I have been told that for the last 5 years, that Jeremy comes every other weekend, and usually for one day, and stands around to take pictures with people, then goes back up to the main house, then comes back down to take pics. Whenever they are filming for the show, the local radio show announces it, as come by and get on TLC. It is only on those filming days, do you see the family walk around, and do more for the cameras. Once done filming, they are just back to taking pictures with fans.

After watching the last two episodes, this family has to watch out for Jeremy.  Did anyone else catch, when Jeremy made the comments in his own talking head, about a lot still being unknown, as to who will live on the farm, or not, and who wants it more, and has more of a passion to run it?

When he said that, he is already pitting himself against Zach. I think Jeremy and Audrey were surprised because Zack has stated in the past that he and Tori don't want to live on the farm. Then when Zack made the comment that Tori was open to the double wide for a month, Jeremy's eyes really showed his thought process. Now that Zack and Tori are showing some interest, I found it amusing the comment of we will see he wants it more, or who has more passion to run it.

Jeremy still sees he and Audrey running the farm. Don't forget they have openly talked about wanting to run a camping B&B there, as well as having beating 50 marriage retreats there. I remember Audrey talking about wanting to do their marriage retreats at the farm. So I think Jeremy and Audrey want to do that, and live on the farm, and make money off the farm, without having to share their income with the other siblings or owners of the farm.

Molly and Jacob really need to watch out for Jeremy. They need to protect their own interests as well, and if any children start companies on the farm, then a percentage of that income needs to go back into a money pot for the farm, that is then divided equally among the owners of the farm.

• Love 6

Jeremy still sees he and Audrey running the farm. Don't forget they have openly talked about wanting to run a camping B&B there, as well as having beating 50 marriage retreats there. I remember Audrey talking about wanting to do their marriage retreats at the farm. So I think Jeremy and Audrey want to do that, and live on the farm, and make money off the farm, without having to share their income with the other siblings or owners of the farm.

These plans hilariously reveal how Jer and Auj have no knowledge of how the farm is run. There was never a real wedding venue business. In order to bring things up to code for wedding retreats or overnight guests, they would have to invest a lot of money and I think the land would need to be rezoned. Rezoning from farming to commercial could also mean that the pumpkin farm business would have to obey the commercial zoning laws as opposed to the requirements for running a farm stand.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

I've wondered if, somehow, TLC doesn't already own or will own that farm in order to keep the show going.

• Love 2
(edited)
23 minutes ago, stitcher73 said:

I've wondered if, somehow, TLC doesn't already own or will own that farm in order to keep the show going.

I wonder where does this show rank - in terms of revenue/advertisers and viewers - compared to other TLC shows..

PS: the show broke a record yesterday -  ( link ) - " After 12 years on the air, the TLC series that documents the lives of the Roloff family broke the Guinness World Record for the most episodes of a family-focused reality television show, according to a press release."

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
On 6/6/2018 at 8:04 PM, Mountainair said:

There's no way I could give up that beautiful farm. I don't understand why the boys didn't have houses built on the farmland in the first place. That being said, I would have raised my children with the expectation that the farm was going to be theirs someday and taught them how to work and run the damn thing. You know their intentions well before this point in everyone's life. 

I don't understand that either.  If I were a Roloff kid, I would love to build my home on the farm land.  I also would think that it would have been a good idea to teach the kids from a young age how to run it, and get them very involved, then let them take over eventually.  I guess if the farm doesn't make enough for the parents to be "bought out," even over time, and also provide income for the kids and the families, then it is not a good plan.

On 6/7/2018 at 10:51 AM, SongbirdHollow said:

Doesn't give a shit about the stool business LOL

This caught me off guard... and I am dying.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

I have never seen a nursing mother cover her entire head while nursing.   It looked incredibly stupid! 

Right?  Not even Michelle "YOU MUST BLUR OUT MY KNEES!" Duggar didn't cover her head when nursing.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

Right?  Not even Michelle "YOU MUST BLUR OUT MY KNEES!" Duggar didn't cover her head when nursing.

Maybe she's not really nursing.  Maybe she has a bottle under there and doesn't want the world to see that she's not really nursing.

• Love 11

I didn't realize that Auj was the only women evah to have a baby without a working kitchen to boil water - um... microwave ?  Jerms saying she hasnt cooked since April ? WTF - and once she gets her kitchen back she is going to make soup ? If that was me, I would be making some huge roast beef and all the fixings, not soup. She doesn't come across as being domesticated to even clean a pot.  The twins are too stupid to realize that the farm has more potential than just pumpkins. I get where Amy is coming from, it seemed that Matt was trying to see if Amy would spend some of her money on his new digs because he feels that would increase the value of the farm.  He should have thought about that before signing the divorce papers.  Zach needs to get that wonky tooth fixed.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I didn't realize that Auj was the only women evah to have a baby without a working kitchen to boil water - um... microwave ?  Jerms saying she hasnt cooked since April ? WTF - and once she gets her kitchen back she is going to make soup ? If that was me, I would be making some huge roast beef and all the fixings, not soup. She doesn't come across as being domesticated to even clean a pot.  The twins are too stupid to realize that the farm has more potential than just pumpkins. I get where Amy is coming from, it seemed that Matt was trying to see if Amy would spend some of her money on his new digs because he feels that would increase the value of the farm.  He should have thought about that before signing the divorce papers.  Zach needs to get that wonky tooth fixed.

Or a crock pot.  You can make soup in a crock pot.  I make lovely roasts in the crock pot.  You only need an electrical outlet for that.

• Love 18

I guess Jer didn't see the importance of a kitchen if Auj hasn't cooked in 8 months.....so did she not even use it while it was a working kitchen?? So eating out every meal wasn't something she wasn't accustomed too like she implied. 

• Love 7