Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

Add to that Caryn's behavior (all the "woo hoo"ing, acting as if she runs the whole place) and I'd be irritated as hell.  Caryn needs to back off.  

Hasn't Caryn worked there for years?  Hasn't she been basically running pumpkin season?  Don't see why she should back off, she is doing her job.  If Amy does not like it she should tell Matt as co-owner she wants to do Caryn's job and that Caryn can be let go.  

Did anyone else think it was a little weird when Chris fixed Amy's bra strap so it wouldn't show?  I just can't take to that guy.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Libby said:

Caryn repeatedly said that she respects Amy and that she would leave the farm if Amy asked her to.

It's a shame that Caryn didn't respect Amy that much when she chose to screw Matt while he was still married. That respect would have mattered more.

..... can someone call 911 please? Because Caryn just got burned! ???

• Love 12

Anyone else notice in this week's episode Caryn's sweater that read "Loved?"  Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it seemed a strange clothing choice for a 50 year old woman.  I thought maybe it was a zing to Amy.

• Love 18

Anyone else notice in this week's episode Caryn's sweater that read "Loved?"  Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it seemed a strange clothing choice for a 50 year old woman.  I thought maybe it was a zing to Amy.

I did notice that.  At first I thought it said "Lover," which would have been even worse.  I thought it was in poor taste, never mind being odd for someone her age.

• Love 10
15 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Hasn't Caryn worked there for years?  Hasn't she been basically running pumpkin season?  Don't see why she should back off, she is doing her job.  If Amy does not like it she should tell Matt as co-owner she wants to do Caryn's job and that Caryn can be let go.  

Did anyone else think it was a little weird when Chris fixed Amy's bra strap so it wouldn't show?  I just can't take to that guy.

Amy doesn't want to work.  She wants to boss everybody around and tell the world how Matt and Caryn are the only reason for her unhappiness.  Without Matt and Caryn there would be no $$ flowing into Amy's half bank account.

Heck why didn't Amy tell Matt "I'll handle the after party by myself".  That way she could do what she wanted to do her with without Caryn. 

But no she, as usual, does her 'nothing' and bitches.  Work and Amy are strangers.  Especially on the farm.

Ever notice how ugly her face gets when she explains her side.  Uggg I can't take her.

• Love 6

This episode in particular seemed highly contrived. These folks are not actors, but trying to keep to a script & pull off whatever vibe production wants. As annoying as Auj & Jer are what else can the show do with them but focus on the baby & her boobs?  Did you notice the close up of her chest after she applied the cabbage leaves? Geesh.  Even though mastitis can come back, I feel that "health scare" was fake, honestly, because there was nothing else to do with them this week. She's not a good actor & didn't look genuinely worried. As others have said they're boring; there's not much there to work with. Personally I would not have wanted cameras in my face being postpartum with feeding & other issues, but I do believe they enjoy all the attention, which I hope will be OFF her boobs from now on- enough.

Tori & Zach - contrived as well. I don't believe she has issues leaving him; it was another story line. I felt the weird faces Tori made was an attempt at keeping the audience amused.

The drama between Amy & Caryn was overdone, although I do believe there's tension. Amy can & should concentrate on her own life; she has a lot more than many women her age. She's free of child rearing, doesn't seem to have any financial worries, has plenty of time for her outlets & interests, as well as enjoying her family, friends, & trips with the boyfriend. I really can't deal with her complaining or even sadness over the past anymore. She's got way too much to be positive about, so enough with that as well.

Did Matt always tear up this much in past seasons?  Maybe he's facing the reality of the farm going down. "Farmer" son he wanted to pass it to is woefully unprepared & way too wrapped up in catering to his wife to be able to successfully take over, which is quite sad.

• Love 6

"Farmer" son he wanted to pass it to is woefully unprepared & way too wrapped up in catering to his wife to be able to successfully take over, which is quite sad.

I'd feel worse for Matt if Matt wasn't catering to Jer's need to continue to be a child and not work. 

Hear me out.

Jeremy is close to thirty. He "wants" the farm. The only reason he is unprepared is because he is allowed to diddle his time away playing at being a photographer/blogger/kept man. Yet he goes on about "wanting" the farm".

Maybe, instead of doing nothing but whining to the cameras, Matt needs to actually do something about this situation. Maybe Matt needs to sit Jeremy down in his office and explain how if Jeremy wants the farm, here is what the 40 hour work week at the farm will look like and that Jeremy will not be paid if he doesn't show up to work, or if assigned tasks are not done. This doesn't need to be on screen, although I do note that *Zach* is NEVER spared the humiliation of the "you're acting like a child, time to grow up" lectures, but Jeremy is never going to accept that he has something to learn until it's expressly stated. Matt needs to actually teach the business and not assume Jeremy is picking it up, because he clearly isn't.

And Jeremy, if Jeremy really wants the farm, needs to accept that he will actually need to work on the farm, not when he wants to and its convenient, but every day and at tasks he doesn't like or enjoy. 

• Love 15
19 hours ago, KateHearts said:

I think in their situation it's hard to move on with Matt in her backyard, not to mention his insistence that they all act like one big happy family. It's very clear on Amy's face that she's massively uncomfortable (I'm sorry, I would be too)- and for Matt to "decide" that she and Caryn should plan the party together (along with his typical character jabs like "well, I hope Amy can accept Caryn someday;" and "I hope Amy is in a good mood," as if she is the only culprit in their divorce) is especially grating.  Add to that Caryn's behavior (all the "woo hoo"ing, acting as if she runs the whole place) and I'd be irritated as hell.  Caryn needs to back off.  I thought her convoluted "If Amy asked me to leave, I'd give her my blessing" made it sound as if Amy needed Caryn to validate her.  Caryn is not a family member, nor is she part of their business.  Again- she's overstepping.

Jeremy is such a dork standing their in his (too-tight) overalls, arms crossed and passing judgment with his stink-face on.  Get over it, dude- your dad is the one who imploded your ideal family. It happens.  

The "date night" scenes with Z/T were mind-numbingly boring.  All the obviously staged restaurant patrons side-eyeing them.  Tori's dull conversations about the baby.  Maybe if they went out into the world rather than spending their days sitting around their AC Moore-decorated house talking about how hard it is to sleep train a baby (how about working?!) they'd provide better TV fodder.

Audrey has developed perennial resting bitch face.  She is good inspiration for not procreating since she seems to be having the worst birth/breastfeeding experience ever and doesn't even seem to enjoy a single second with her precious baby.  I was shocked that Ember is now six weeks old and Audrey hasn't even figured out how to grab some sleep or get out of the house.  It's a wonder any of us survived having children at all, based on what they are portraying.

Yes, yes, yes to everything you said. Matt is the most passive aggressive person I've ever seen. Always purposely pushing Amy's buttons for the reaction he knows he'll get. Caryn is pretty good at passive aggressive behavior herself when it comes to getting up in Amy's grill. All of them being on the farm 24/7 is not healthy for any of them. If the rumor is true that Matt and Caryn are buying a home in Arizona and are going to be moving there, then that might be a good idea on their part. If Matt thinks those two lard ass entitled boys are capable of running the farm then he is delusional. 

Yeah, Zach and Tori's nocturnal excursions were boring AF. Is anyone else bothered by the way Zach throws the baby seat over his shoulder with the baby tipping over? WTF????

Audrey has become the most irritating and annoying person on this show. Waa waa waa...my boobs hurt, I need sleep, yada yada yada. Not surprised that Jeremy's DIY kitchen remodel has to be ripped apart and repaired. Hope he hired a professional to do the work...what a putz.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Rap541 said:

I'd feel worse for Matt if Matt wasn't catering to Jer's need to continue to be a child and not work. 

Hear me out.

Jeremy is close to thirty. He "wants" the farm. The only reason he is unprepared is because he is allowed to diddle his time away playing at being a photographer/blogger/kept man. Yet he goes on about "wanting" the farm".

Maybe, instead of doing nothing but whining to the cameras, Matt needs to actually do something about this situation. Maybe Matt needs to sit Jeremy down in his office and explain how if Jeremy wants the farm, here is what the 40 hour work week at the farm will look like and that Jeremy will not be paid if he doesn't show up to work, or if assigned tasks are not done. This doesn't need to be on screen, although I do note that *Zach* is NEVER spared the humiliation of the "you're acting like a child, time to grow up" lectures, but Jeremy is never going to accept that he has something to learn until it's expressly stated. Matt needs to actually teach the business and not assume Jeremy is picking it up, because he clearly isn't.

And Jeremy, if Jeremy really wants the farm, needs to accept that he will actually need to work on the farm, not when he wants to and its convenient, but every day and at tasks he doesn't like or enjoy. 

Agree...  I also don't believe Matt had any real talks with Jer about this, even off screen, or we'd see some evidence. He's still sitting around with Auj 'working' on badly written posts, & romping around on beaches beside her with a photographer following them.

I wonder if in a way this is part of Matt's sadness, in that he realizes he has not prepared him & is not able to for some reason. So instead of doing the work with Jer he'll just let the farm go down; it's really on him that he won't have that legacy.

Maybe the boys have some serious coin set aside from all these show years. Between that & riding on TV 'fame', it's possible real work will never be a consideration.

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Hear me out.

Most kids and/or parents who intend to "pass on" the family business ( 1) get them more involved long before 18 - doing age appropriate tasks in several key roles and (2) have a discussion before college age. "If"  kiddo goes to college/trade school then it is usually for a program that will help the business - genreal business adm, marketing, accounting, agriculture management, plumbing/electrical/building, etc. 

The pioneer woman kids are a good example - her kids know what is required to work/run a cattle ranch on a daily basis. Buddy Valestro - even though his father's death sped up his time line - knew what it was like to work the lower-level jobs/functions in a bakery.

Matt and Amy seemed to have spent the 18 yr of each kiddo showing them the good life on the farm. "what a wonderful place to grow up". But is it a wonderful place to work and earn a living?  Yes, they help out - but they help out as chores (IE let me do this so I can go off somewhere else) or when Matt needs an extra pair of hands. If it was Matt's intention for Jermey to took over - what was going off to photo school for? Does the man-child even operate a photo booth on the farm? Last I heard Zack job was  running soccer camps - is that even on the farm? Hell, even the daughter took her accounting degree and went elsewhere.

Being close to 30  - zack and jermey should have been able to carry out the vision of the pirate ship - from beginning to end, on time and on budget. yet they showed up having to be told what , where and how to prime the thing.

I say sell the farm- one generation is enough.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 12

Jeremy is just lazy with a high maintenance wife.  I get that she's struggling with the baby but she's got a mother and mother in law who live close by and would love to help.  There's no shame in getting advice or help from them.  I can't even imagine how Amy dealt with having twins, I'm sure she'd help or take a shift.

The fact that neither Jeremy or Auj work makes it even more ridiculous.

Jeremy thinks he's a handyman but I'm guessing that having to rip out his kitchen and have professionals do it has taught him otherwise.

I do feel for Amy, she must feel ganged up on with Caryn and Matt in the business.  It like having a family business where your long time office manager has decided to date your ex husband.  It's their life's work so neither one can just up and leave.

• Love 11

I just got to watching the episode...kind of a boring one really...

As much as I roll my eyes at Audrey, the cabbage leaves are legit. I used them for engorgement about 18 years ago when I was nursing. I understood the COLDNESS from the leaf (I put in freezer) helps soothe the swelling and pain. Now maybe the actual cabbage has something to do with it, but I thought it was convenience because the leaf is already cup shaped??

Also—tori and Zach just go out for ice cream when they have a baby sitter?

• Love 2

Jer seems very entitled. I doubt he will ever learn to run the farm much less be able to do anything to fix or market it. I suspect that due to Matt’s disability he has always had to hire out and I suspect that Jer feels that he can just do the same. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, sATL said:

I say sell the farm- one generation is enough.

Only if they sell it to another family with the means & commitment to see it through - as in everyone is fully on board working it in every way & it will be passed down. It would suck if it became a subdivision.

47 minutes ago, MoodyGirl said:

Also—tori and Zach just go out for ice cream when they have a baby sitter?

Maybe production was paying.

23 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Yes she mentioned a customer said it would be fun to work there so Karen hired her.  Matt said isn't  that's how it happened with you? She said yeah  12 years ago.  It will be interesting to see who runs it this season. 

• Love 2

Because Amy is co owner of the farm.  If she wanted caryn gone she'd be gone!

But if Amy gets rid of caryn she might have to do something besides bitch!

I'm waiting for Chris to exit left.  He's the only one keeping Amy and her big mouth quiet!  Well when he's around and she's pretending to be nice!

• Love 4

Of course, it' inconceivable that Amy might not insist Caryn leave simply because it would be used against her? That she was that cruel bitch who denied her ex husband his happiness by insisting he fire his beloved new lover?

Does anyone really think Matt wouldn't sit down in a confessional and let us know how he was Amy's victim yet again? That he fired Caryn because of Amy's insane jealousy...and not because Matt was being completely unprofessional in fucking the staff?

• Love 16
16 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Of course, it' inconceivable that Amy might not insist Caryn leave simply because it would be used against her? That she was that cruel bitch who denied her ex husband his happiness by insisting he fire his beloved new lover?

Does anyone really think Matt wouldn't sit down in a confessional and let us know how he was Amy's victim yet again? That he fired Caryn because of Amy's insane jealousy...and not because Matt was being completely unprofessional in fucking the staff?

Amy couldn't really make any decision that would make everyone happy--so she chose what was best for the business; it would take a while to find someone and train them to replace Caryn, anyway. As others have stated, Amy's role in the business over the years was not the same as Matt's--she would have to have been trained in managing the farm. I don't think, given their dynamic, Matt and Amy would have agreed to her in that role.

Also, Amy could not have summarily fired Caryn, even as half-owner. Matt is president of the company.

As an aside, I wonder if Matt is drawing a salary from the business apart from having his ownership interest?

• Love 3

I have to agree most kids are raised to step into the shoes of their father's business.  But Matt and Amy's boys were always catered to by Amy.  I remember that pig pen house and beds with no sheets and dishes, glasses and cups everywhere.  I think Amy coddled those boys and Matt stepped aside and let her have at it rather than fight with her.

We see how that turned out.  I'm sure Matt would love to turn some of the work of running the farm to them but I'm pretty sure since the boys pretty much gave up their childhood and teen years being 'filmed' they have a pretty penny tucked away and don't have to do anything.

Their usual..nothing.  Sigh.  it is what it is I guess. 

I found this but don't know how true it is.  I would guess he's worth much more.  "The young star from the reality television series, Little people, Big world. The estimated net worth of Jeremy Roloff is around $500 thousand"

• Love 2

Jeremy must have had some serious money in the bank to put down on the house...from what I know, reality TV star is not considered a stable form of income for a bank.  As for Zach, the same goes but as Tori is a college educated school teacher, they would have a better chance at a loan.  

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I wonder why this is the first time the nieces are visiting the wonderland farm owned by their Aunt.   Isn't this Roloff's Disneyland?

It could be that they live far away and/or couldn’t afford to come before now. 

• Love 4

A guess? Amy's family may not have been as welcome to visit. Matt pretty clearly didn't like Amy's parents. Not without reason, Amy's dad seemed to have little adoration to give Matt. And what Mindthinkr said - Amy's family appears to be middle class and FYI flying four or more members of the family isn't cheap when you're not making reality show money.

• Love 7

If I had millions of dollars and a beautiful home and farm you can bet I'd see that my brother and his family could visit me.  If not with cash there are all kinds of plans that give you air  miles.  Where does brother roger live?  Many people drive coast to coast!

Looking around it seems like the last time they were at the farm was 2008 when the Roloff's did the fake Christmas!

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

If I had millions of dollars and a beautiful home and farm you can bet I'd see that my brother and his family could visit me.  If not with cash there are all kinds of plans that give you air  miles.  Where does brother roger live?  Many people drive coast to coast!

Looking around it seems like the last time they were at the farm was 2008 when the Roloff's did the fake Christmas!

His Facebook lists Boulder Valley School District as where he works.

• Love 2

Zach bought his home by himself before Tori and  he even got engaged.   Whether he used his reality tv money, or his soccer money, he did it.  That was a period in which Matt enjoyed putting Zach down every chance he got while Jer was in photography school.  It occurred during an episode of the show. I think he had roommates to help with the monthly expenses. 

In the earlier seasons of the show, Matt and Amy didn’t have any money either. She went back to Michigan and it was only the first or second time she’d gone back since her own wedding. 

• Love 6

Until recently I believe Matt was controlling the finances. 

And maybe you're right Jeanne - I mean why the fuck isn't Matt's beloeved sister on the farm visiting? We've NEVER seen her and Matt has millions of dollars and a beautiful farm and home and his sister is MIA. We RARELY see Matt's brother either. Where does Matt's sister live? Why isn't Matt seeing to it that his brother and sister are visiting? I mean he actually brags about the cash and the air miles he collects. Gosh it makes you wonder why Matt isn't having his family constantly down... 

• Love 11
On 6/2/2018 at 2:57 PM, Rap541 said:

Gosh it makes you wonder why Matt isn't having his family constantly down... 

The families/individuals have to sign comprehensive release forms.  Maybe they want compensation that the production company isn't willing to deal with.

• Love 2
On 6/1/2018 at 5:23 PM, Jeanne222 said:

I think Amy coddled those boys and Matt stepped aside and let her have at it rather than fight with her.

I haven't watched every show, but my impression of Matt is that he knew he was meant for bigger and better things and spent most of his life planning Pie in the Sky where he would be King of All Things.  Cleaning house and taking care of/educating kids?  That's women's work!    (Emphasis on "planning")

• Love 6

The families/individuals have to sign comprehensive release forms.  Maybe they want compensation that the production company isn't willing to deal with.

And if this is true, it would apply to Amy's family as well? 

Look, I'll spell out my point. There's any number of reasonable reasons why Amy's family hasn't made the farm their magical vacation wonderland that don't revolve around "Amy's family hates her and finds her to be a bitchy hateful bitter whore to be around" or "Amy is an utter bitch who won't treat her family to constant vacations".

There are many reasonable reasons why we don't see Amy's family or Matt's family constantly visiting on Matt and Amy's dime. But since we're playing the "I wonder if they don't visit because Amy is awful" game, then I think that game applies equally to Matt. He's not proudly turning the farm into his brother and sister's vacation spot. He's not paying for his parents to be there (and in fact we don't see the Roloff grandparents anywhere near as much because they wanted to be paid and Matt was ok with Mom and Dad not getting paid for their appearances).

From my own experience? My siblings are grown adults and I rarely treat them to vacations because its awkward and it can have it's own issues in the family dynamics. I'm the youngest and the most successful and throwing money around is rubbing it in their faces that they have issues. Perhaps Amy is in a similar position. Perhaps Matt is. The only answer is not "it must be that everyone in Amy's family knows she's a horrible person and don't want to be around her"

• Love 13
On 5/30/2018 at 4:40 PM, LucyEth said:

Hasn't Caryn worked there for years?

On 5/30/2018 at 4:40 PM, LucyEth said:

If Amy does not like it she should tell Matt as co-owner she wants to do Caryn's job and that Caryn can be let go.  

Unfortunately, gossips support that a major part of Caryn's unwritten job description was to sleep with the male boss...even though he was married to the female boss.   Matt is "in love" and letting his paramour/workhorse go won't be easy.

• Love 2

Matt may have been a shit father but Amy did coddle Jeremy and Zachary horribly, especially the "Golden Boy"!!  Jeremy is an embarrassment as a man..he is a healthy able bodied man of dwarf parents and he lays on his ass and refuses to accept any responsibility to work the farm he expects to inherit...he is the "pet" of a high maintenance woman and is on a tight leash.

• Love 14
6 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Unfortunately, gossips support that a major part of Caryn's unwritten job description was to sleep with the male boss...even though he was married to the female boss.   Matt is "in love" and letting his paramour/workhorse go won't be easy.

Isn’t that why his retaliation was to go find a new place to live in AZ? 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

Isn’t that why his retaliation was to go find a new place to live in AZ? 

Wonder how many seasons TLC will finance his planning of this new adventure.  

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

Wonder how many seasons TLC will finance his planning of this new adventure.  

Well downsizing to just him and Caryn will save on overhead. I read somewhere online that he has already moved there irl

• Love 1

If Matt and caryn leave the farm and move to Arizona amy will be left with the mess she created!  Nobody to come up with ideas.  Nobody to champion pumpkin season which is said to pay the bills and two useless sons who think the world owes them a living.

Think about it.  I think they could carry the show with just Matt and Amy gone!  He's fun and interesting has new ideas.

Amy would just grumble about Matt bring gone and of course nothing new from her or the men she raised!  She could never support that farm alone and Chris would be history.

Chris who has never married and probably never will doesn't appear to be much of a ranch hand.  More of a pretty boy!

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

If Matt and caryn leave the farm and move to Arizona amy will be left with the mess she created!  Nobody to come up with ideas.  Nobody to champion pumpkin season which is said to pay the bills and two useless sons who think the world owes them a living.

Think about it.  I think they could carry the show with just Matt and Amy gone!  He's fun and interesting has new ideas.

Ideas like going thousands of dollars over budget on an ugly pirate ship that sits awkwardly and inexplicably in the middle of a grassy field, not finished in time for pumpkin season and unable to satisfy building codes or pass inspection so that people can go on it when it finally is finished, thereby making it an utter and complete waste of time, money, and space? Ideas like that?I

A few more ideas like that and Matt will drive the farm into bankruptcy.

• Love 18

Heh. I guess my question - aside from why assume Matt is willing to leave the show when he's clearly the attention whore who adores standing in front of the cameras making faces, riding his mechanical penis and of course screeching "ALL HANDS ON DECK! AND AWAYYYYY WE GO!" when he's not sitting in a confessional letting us know yet again how tuckered and tired he is and how pumpkin season is killing him and has killed him and you know, he's gonna lose the farm if x doesn't work.....is why would Matt walk away from a business and property he's 50 percent owner in?

For the pleasure of watching Amy go bankrupt? Because he's 50 percent owner so he'd be following her to the bankrupt court. 

Now personally, I think Matt will leave tv only when he's forced to and that means he's going to do pumpkin season until the very bitter end. 

And if Matt has two useless sons, then Matt is a shitty father who couldn't be bothered to raise his boys. He literally fucked his wife and decided his job was done once she was pregnant. If he has two useless sons, then he needs to look in the mirror and point at the shitty dad. The twins were raised in a home with two married parents until they were 23. That means both parents share the blame in having two useless sons and Matt has publically snotted to the camera one too many times that if he wants it, he's resilient and he doesn't let anyone stop him. Therefore, he clearly didn't want to be resilient in opposing Amy's parenting and he didn't give enough of a shit to put a stop to the coddling. 

And frankly, I think the show's hook was the family and continues to be the family - Matt and Amy scowling at each other is a huge plot point now. While Matt leaving the show and the farm for the pleasure of driving Amy to sell or go bankrupt... at the end of the day, Matt doesn't get paid by TLC to NOT film on the farm.

• Love 7
(edited)

Eh tabloid gossip aside, Matt may well have bought something in Arizona.  That doesn't tell us how much time and when he's going to be there.  It could be a couple of months in the winter when not much is going on with the farm anyway.  Matt has always liked to stir the pot so I make no more of it than that until he shows otherwise.

As to the twins, no one has ever really held them accountable so you get what you grow.  Zach has managed some sense of responsibility possibly because Tori is a more responsible person, but Jeremy seems to be guided by Odd into an alternate reality type of life. 

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

Now personally, I think Matt will leave tv only when he's forced to and that means he's going to do pumpkin season until the very bitter end. 

This and everything else you said in your post above!!!

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Well downsizing to just him and Caryn will save on overhead. I read somewhere online that he has already moved there irl

If Matt has moved here (Arizona), I haven't seen anything.   I would have expected to see Matt on every local TV channel before he even unpacked--and a couple of newspaper articles afterward.  It's possible he tried.

• Love 4

tell me how this works, the family is the show, the family is on the farm which is the setting for the show. Does each member of the family get paid X amount of money from TLC or does the family/farm get paid then dispersed from there.