Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Rap541 said:

If you genuinely believe this, that Amy is a dumb bitch who lost her man because she should have shut her bitch mouth and simpered and giggled at Matt's every word, then is it really a bad thing to you that she's clearly changed her behavior?

For the record one big difference I notice between Chris and Matt is that Chris seems to actually pay attention to what Amy likes and asks her friends if he's not sure. And Amy seems genuinely appreciative of someone making an effort to do something for her that she actually likes.

You've been duped by production manipulation. Per Amy's facebook she was home on Auj's  theoretical due date of Sept 1st. If Jeremy wanted his mommy sitting vigil from Aug 1st onward since the baby could've come at any time... Maybe he and Auj should have been a little more welcoming. 

Frankly, I find it increasingly odd that Amy, who is divorced from Matt, is expected to be Matt's agreeable little bitch and say "Yes sir, Matt sir!" and to also say "Yes sir, Jeremy sir! I'm your mother and your bitch! You have the right to bitch publically about how I am no longer married and you want me back with your daddy and yet you have no problem with your father also having his sidepiece at family events" - That Jeremy wants Amy back with Matt but hasn't got the balls to tell his father to stop fucking the help and gets a free pass and a "poor Jeremy was so disappointed his mother wasn't right there holding his hand every time he wanted" is pretty rich. 

Yeah, Matt married her in 1991 or so. The big custom home didn't come until the twins were seventeen. I remember the show with the small house - not a terrible house but not that BIG CUSTOM HOME THAT MATT PROVIDED. 

In fact Matt had to enlist his family  - that would include Amy - in order to get a reality show to pay for what he WASN'T providing. The Roloffs were NOT rolling on Matt's fat stacks in season one. They weren't poor but they sure weren't MILLIONAIRES. I also don't argue that Amy was a shitty housekeeper but I do remember Matt Roloff proudly telling fans who complained that they got the show in part because Amy refused to change her cleaning habits for the show and he was as PROUD AS PUNCH of her. 

Granted, he was probably lying. Matt and the truth aren't friends.

But I so tire of hearing how Amy was a nothing piece of shit until Matt lifted her up and Matt did all the work. If Matt changed every shitty diaper, fed every child every day. drove every child to school, did every child related chore, then I might buy in. But we know that isn't the case, and I hate to see "Matt made the money, Amy DID NOTHING" when factually, I don't even think Matt was ever physically capable of raising those children on his own. 

Amy has NOT changed her behavior.  She's biting her tongue to keep Chris around.  Nobody would put up with the REAL Amy!

Did you happen to see the look of pure hatred on her face when Chris said he spoke to Matt about parking?  Now that was the TRUE Amy!

• Love 7

All anyone has to do to see the Matt/Amy dynamic is watch the episode where they were tied together for a "contest."  Matt did everything he possibly could to keep Amy from accomplishing anything.  That's the story of their lives together.  Matt is the master manipulator and Jeremy learned undermining people at his knee.  Yes, production set up, but it's also how their lives have worked.

• Love 16
5 minutes ago, Absolom said:

All anyone has to do to see the Matt/Amy dynamic is watch the episode where they were tied together for a "contest."  Matt did everything he possibly could to keep Amy from accomplishing anything.  That's the story of their lives together.  Matt is the master manipulator and Jeremy learned undermining people at his knee.  Yes, production set up, but it's also how their lives have worked.

And Matt gets away with a lot of his behavior because he knows how to appear "nice" when it serves him. Also, he did things against Amy's wishes with his little chuckle oftentimes--so he appears less abrasive. 

But, imo, Matt can be a little steamroller when he really wants something. I have a family member like that,  so it probably colors my perception of Matt. Said family member comes across as sweet and charming to outsiders, but there is a whole other side that only close family and friends see (I always reference "Everybody Loves Raymond" character Marie Barone when describing this person).

• Love 13

Amy has NOT changed her behavior.  She's biting her tongue to keep Chris around.  Nobody would put up with the REAL Amy!

In fairness, if she is biting her tongue when she would previously say something, then she has definitely changed the behavior. You're insisting that by changing how she reacts, she IS NOT changing how she reacts. 

Did you happen to see the look of pure hatred on her face when Chris said he spoke to Matt about parking?  Now that was the TRUE Amy!

I did. She doesn't like her ex husband any more. He did publically walk out on her and use his tv show to describe how he's her little victim. I can see why she's not smiling with loving eyes at him. Why is Amy required to love and adore her ex husband? I totally get why she doesn't want Chris hanging around him.

• Love 17
On 5/8/2018 at 9:15 AM, Literata said:

I imagine that when she confronted him about it, she found out exactly where he's been going, but he didn't want it shared with us. I wondered if he has IBS, maybe, or another bowel/bladder issue. You'd think she'd be aware, but some people are weird around bodily functions. 

I think the same. Being the nosey person that I am I would LOVE to know the real reason but I fully believe they didn't tell us the truth and that they did have an argument and Chris did apologize and they both decided on what to say when the story line was brought up.  Which good for them. It's obvious that Amy is learning how to keep some things private which I think is a good thing. 

On 5/8/2018 at 10:43 PM, Ekatslovesrocknrol said:

The man is probably a smoker ? geez louise can we all settle down ?

Then she would be able to smell it on him and it wouldn't be a mystery. 

11 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Amy knew how important it was to Jer that she be there when the baby was born but Amy decided to go on a motorcycle ride!  She was very lucky baby went over the due date.  Amy takes care of Amy!

Except she went on the trip BEFORE the due date, but let's say it was as close as they made it seem.... his own brother went on a trip at the same time so not sure what that says about them (if indeed the story line was portrayed accurately) 

11 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Yeah, Matt married her in 1991 or so. The big custom home didn't come until the twins were seventeen. I remember the show with the small house - not a terrible house but not that BIG CUSTOM HOME THAT MATT PROVIDED. 

I remember the old house and the seasons where this bigger house was in progress.  Matt would like to think he provided that house for him, when in fact it was actually the entirely family because no family, no show, no house. 

I can see on episodes that Matt is definitely a HUGE trigger for Amy.  She doesn't even like to hear his name.  I'm surprised that she can go into his office and be civil.  So she's definitely got some seriously hurt feelings going on inside.  And she says she would be happy with life without Chris but I don't believe that for a second.  I think she would be truly miserable because she would have nothing to keep her mind off Matt and Caryn.  And I mean that in the nicest way possible.  We would see an entirely different Amy if Chris didn't come into her life.  

And Jeremy and Zach both have two super young kids.  Most couples that age don't want to make the effort to take the baby somewhere, especially if there will be a lot of people so I'm sure that was their main reason for not attending the party - and that they're all probably exhausted from being new parents.  I didn't find that odd at all that none of them attended the party.  It was very nice for Chris to reach out to them and give them an invite.

• Love 3
(edited)

Matt didn’t build that custom home with his income. It was built with Family income from the TLC gig, When Matt had a non reality TV  job, they lived in the old farmhouse. The drafty old farmhouse where the kids wore coats inside because they needed to rather than a fashion statement.  The kitchen was customized first after a few seasons of the show. Then they added on ... Matt kept changing the design while all the furniture etc got crammed into the original living room.  And the cold air was even worse because outside walls were removed. Then later they added a pool.  That was all done with money that Every single member of that family earned since they were all on the show. 

Of course Amy is hurt.  The marriage she expected to last forever didn’t. A trusted member of her extended farm family ended up with her husband, mostly even before Matt moved out of the house. Given that Caryns divorce happened first, and what we all saw with our own eyes on certain seasons of the show.  Asothers have said- Amy has to hear Matt’s comments, and Jer and Auds.  Jer has always been Matt’s spoiled child, while Zach has always been Amy’s. Zach tries to be neutral now that he’s matured. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, Absolom said:

Well then we'll have to take a look at the after divorce couple!  Matt's moving on writing a children's book recording farm sounds which I'm pretty sure will show up in some baby item he will market and dedicate to the babies!

He painted and installed storms for the new babies and had a little dedication ceremony for the new book.  He invited Amy, Chris and their friend couple.  The four of them sour and cast a dark shadow on the festivities!

Matt's pretty much handling pumpkin season with Amy in lust with Chris and the two sons...Amy raised alone according to posts..., being little mothers helpers.

But of course do nothing Amy will get her cut of the profits.

So what has Amy done?  Took a motorcycle trip with her boyfriend and sold loaf cakes baked in a rat ridden bakery!  Oh yes she hosts parties for hangers on with free food and beverages that I'm sure the network pays for!

• Love 3

Don't forget matt's constant on camera complaining to anyone who will look at him that he's in constant physical misery because he's been treated unfairly in the divorce he insisted on.

And honestly, if Matt doesnt want Amy and her sour puss at his events, maybe he should reach down between his legs, find his balls, and stop inviting Amy

• Love 11

It sure seems like Jeremy and Audrey got pregnant because Zach and Tori were pregnant.  And surprising they ended up having more complications.  Audrey's constant whining though has got to wearing.  Ugh.  Guess what?  Being a parent is 24/7 and really hard, be glad you and your husband are not trying to work a full time job while you're at it!

• Love 10

So many Amy haters on here...Yikes! Look, both Amy and Matt have issues. Like all of us, they aren't perfect. They probably shouldn't have gotten married to begin with...they had a very quick courtship and got married after having only knowing each other for a year (maybe less than a year?)...I don't think they really knew each other too well when they tied the knot. Amy wasn't a slacker...she worked as a pre-school teacher when the kids were younger and did all of the schlepping of the kids to their sports stuff, school, doctor/dental appointments, etc. etc. She did the cooking and I presume laundry too...her housekeeping skills were not particularly stellar but as a mom of three I can attest to the difficulty in keeping a house spotless with all the stuff that kids do in a house on a daily basis...four kids would be even more of a challenge. Having said all that, she should have made her kids clean their rooms and be more respectful of the home. That was wrong. 

Matt is a workaholic and is consumed by an OCD type obsession with "projects" for the farm and the farm itself. He can be quite the little tyrant when he gets going on a project that will probably not add any value to the farm itself..everybody has step it up, get in line and do as he says.  That can get tiring...and really leaves little room for intimacy or companionship when you work with someone like Matt. Not sure that either of them ever really appreciated each other or had true love with each other. I think we are seeing a side of Amy now that she is with Chris, that we have never seen before...there's romance and fun. She's lighter, smiles more and appreciative of Chris and his attention to her. She and Matt were not a good match...it happens. Whether Matt and Caryn work out remains to be seen...she seems to be a strong personality. Who knows...Matt is a handful and can be quite stubborn and passive /aggressive. 

On 5/3/2018 at 4:55 PM, Calibabydolly said:

My best scenes from this weeks episode have to be: 1) When Zach was describing the baby going to the "hole" and Tori corrected him with the baby going down the BIRTH CANAL! I about choked at that one. Then 2) the cat meowing like a wild thing as Jer and Aud walked in the house with the new baby right home from hospital. It was SO pathetic.....and then showing the kitty napping in the chair with the new mommy!

I agree Jeremy is really taking to this fatherhood thing like a pro! He handles baby girl like he's been doing it for eons.

I also teared up during Matts speech when he said Tori was an awesome mother....until Zach goes and ruins it with his "hold it together" to his dad!

Zach's lack of correct anatomical words was pathetic. It showed his lack of a decent education. He sounded like a 12 year old.

• Love 10
(edited)
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Well then we'll have to take a look at the after divorce couple!  Matt's moving on writing a children's book recording farm sounds which I'm pretty sure will show up in some baby item he will market and dedicate to the babies!

He painted and installed storms for the new babies and had a little dedication ceremony for the new book.  He invited Amy, Chris and their friend couple.  The four of them sour and cast a dark shadow on the festivities!

Matt's pretty much handling pumpkin season with Amy in lust with Chris and the two sons...Amy raised alone according to posts..., being little mothers helpers.

So what has Amy done?  Took a motorcycle trip with her boyfriend and sold loaf cakes baked in a rat ridden bakery!  Oh yes she hosts parties for hangers on with free food and beverages that I'm sure the network pays for!

There rarely is one truly innocent person and one horrible, lazy monster of a person in a marriage and divorce. Rather it's more 2 people who bring out the worst in one another. Matt can be manipulative and disrespectful but yet that's not all he is. He is also clearly happy to be a grandfather and loves his grandchildren. He works to make sweet audio recordings to bring the comfort of his farm to his grandson. Matt is both these things, creative grandfather and manipulating, disrespectful x husband. There is no excuse for that, no Amy to blame. There are things he feels are his and it's against his nature to let it go without a dig....but he is still a kind, sweet grandfather! Both!

Amy has her set of traits. She by some accounts is prickly and prone to fits of temper. But is it temper or serious bouts of chronic frustration? Someone winds her up like a top and then watches where she will spin and chastises her for the mess left behind.  Amy is critical of Matt -and rightly so...most of the time. Sometimes she is critical of Matt because that is how she is programmed to deal with Matt. It's not because he always deserves it everytime, it's her habit. On the other side, Amy clearly loves her children and works to find an adult and respectful relationship with them. I think it's more challenging with some than others. Like Matt, Amy can be both things. Loving mother carving out adult relationships and critical ex wife. 

To demonize one and lift up the other is unfair. Neither one is wholeheartedly one way or another, just like all of us humans. I tend to relate more to Amy and admittedly not over fond of Matt. Nonetheless, I will give him credit when credit is due. It's fair. 

Edited by Punkadoo
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Amy has written a cookbook (was it pre-divorce?) and I believe she is currently working on a memoir which is definitely a post-marital project. She has a bakery business that is apparently successful enough because it's been in operation for a while now (also the pumpkin salsa thing, too, I believe).  She hosts all kinds of events for her children and grandkids. She has real friends (not "hangers on" and definitely not the paid employees and business associates who populate Matt's gatherings) and she has a relationship that makes her happy (which she had the decency to wait until she was divorced to begin - can't say the same thing about Matt). She doesn't run the farm but she has her role in pumpkin season, too. She is hardly the selfish do-nothing who can't move on that is being suggested and she deserves her share of the profits in my opinion.

As far as the idea that Amy selfishly took off on a bike trip when she should have been sitting vigil over Audrey's belly, at least she didn't desert everyone while actually ON a family trip the way Matt did (more than once IIRC). And while she may not have been 100% sunshine and roses at the book release party that she was pressured into attending, her behavior pales in comparison to the way Matt sat at all alone at the Thanksgiving table bitching that Amy wasn't serving dinner fast enough for him. Talk about being a dark shadow on the festivities. Matt acted like a spoiled brat just looking for something to whine about after Amy was gracious enough to include him. And she has never huffed off to her bedroom and pouted over Matt being in her house the way Matt did when the kids wanted to include Amy in some lame party he threw. 

Amy may harbor some completely understandable resentment toward Matt for the way he left her for Caryn and for how he's currently trying to muscle her out of the big house, but as far as her supposedly not moving on with her life or ruining special occasions because she is unable to move on? I'm not seeing it.

• Love 16

I feel we all bring ourselves into the mix when expressing opinions about Amy and Matt. I am divorced for 10 years after being married for 20. There are so many things on both sides that my head would spin trying to make my take on it somewhat coherent.

So, I choose to post social media posts that I find interesting instead ?

• Love 3

Some random thoughts after finishing this latest episode:

-I think Auj just has a very bad case of RBF. She loves the baby & crap those exercises were necessary but that was a shit deal for them all. I will give Jer credit for picking up the slack for her there.

-The lack of weight gain for the baby is an issue any new parents would be rightfully obsessed with, but given it's the main, if only, topic with them right now, extending into next week, it's getting tiresome.

-Auj has the weirdest way about her in TH's; she shifts her eyes back & forth oddly. (I didn't just notice this since she's always done it; just mentioning it now).

-Jer actually seems somewhat alive when dealing with his daughter; maybe there's some personality lurking there...

-I do think the recording Matt did was a nice idea. I agree he seems like a loving grandparent. Amy is as well, just in her own way.

-I find Chris & Amy very annoying at times, but then I'm not a PDA type.

-I didn't even see anger on Amy when told Chris spoke to Matt. What I saw was kind of a shocked look (although possibly feigned for the show), & there was an eye roll which was totally understandable & kind of amusing.

2 hours ago, Punkadoo said:

There rarely is one truly innocent person and one horrible, lazy monster of a person in a marriage and divorce.

Yeah, there definitely can be; definitely. The whole thing about 'it takes two' is just not always the case.

• Love 5

But in the case of Matt and Amy, is Amy the nasty hate filled bitch and Matt her faithful, always smiling, always mindful, browbeat victim who did nothing wrong ever?

I will concede all day that Amy was not a perfect wife, but I tire of the narrative where Matt was a perfect saint who was a perfect man in all ways who patiently endured his demon rage beast of a wife with nothing but "yes dear, Amy is always right, and I am her never complaining, always smiling whipped bitch". 

Amy being a perfect wife never happened. Matt being a perfect husband never happened. That farm and their wealth wouldn't exist without BOTH of them.

• Love 15
5 hours ago, Punkadoo said:

There rarely is one truly innocent person and one horrible, lazy monster of a person in a marriage and divorce. Rather it's more 2 people who bring out the worst in one another. Matt can be manipulative and disrespectful but yet that's not all he is. He is also clearly happy to be a grandfather and loves his grandchildren. He works to make sweet audio recordings to bring the comfort of his farm to his grandson. Matt is both these things, creative grandfather and manipulating, disrespectful x husband. There is no excuse for that, no Amy to blame. There are things he feels are his and it's against his nature to let it go without a dig....but he is still a kind, sweet grandfather! Both!

Amy has her set of traits. She by some accounts is prickly and prone to fits of temper. But is it temper or serious bouts of chronic frustration? Someone winds her up like a top and then watches where she will spin and chastises her for the mess left behind.  Amy is critical of Matt -and rightly so...most of the time. Sometimes she is critical of Matt because that is how she is programmed to deal with Matt. It's not because he always deserves it everytime, it's her habit. On the other side, Amy clearly loves her children and works to find an adult and respectful relationship with them. I think it's more challenging with some than others. Like Matt, Amy can be both things. Loving mother carving out adult relationships and critical ex wife. 

To demonize one and lift up the other is unfair. Neither one is wholeheartedly one way or another, just like all of us humans. I tend to relate more to Amy and admittedly not over fond of Matt. Nonetheless, I will give him credit when credit is due. It's fair. 

Thank you for that.  Fair post!  I think I took up for Matt because so many were tearing him down.  For some reason I see the good in Matt and the bad in Amy. 

I guess in the end it's their marriage and their divorce and right now I'm thinking that the old saying "Money does not buy happiness" is so true!

• Love 1

Hehehe that article is fun.

Here are some examples of things that ONE PARTNER alone can do to ruin a relationship:

Treat his/her partner with contempt

Cheat on his/her partner

Habitually lie to his/her partner

Not care about his/her partner’s feelings

Have a double life

Indulge an addiction, such as to substances, pornography, or gambling

Abuse his/her partner either physically, emotionally, verbally, financially, sexually, etc.

Never apologize

Matt treated Amy with contempt, habitually lied to her, didn't care about her feelings, never apologizes for anything. He possibly has a drinking problem and possibly has cheated on Amy. 

Here is a list of things that ONE PARTNER alone can do that will not ruin a relationship:

Struggle with a mental illness, such as depression, anxiety, bi-polar disorder, OCD, etc.

Be habitually messy

Make mistakes

Be a terrible cook/housekeeper/organizer, or lack structure/organizational skills

Have issues of appearance or attractiveness

Be directionally challenged

Gain or lose weight

Be forgetful or absent minded (without manipulative motives)

So Amy being a shitty housekeeper and messy as fuck, per this article, isn't Amy destroying the marriage. 

Mind you, I tend to take articles like this with a grain of salt and I still think this marriage imploded because of both partners but this article strongly implies that Matt Roloff was the problem. 

• Love 6
(edited)

See, I don't know what Amy was like before the marriage, but the list shows what the bigger issues are in relationships. Now if someone is doing any of those things (& usually it's more than one going on at a time), it will greatly affect the other partner, hence they can develop an 'attitude problem' or 'nasty attitude' etc.  It can - bring out the worst - in that partner, through resentments & bitterness from being consistently hurt; but even though the reactive partner's behavior is not good, the bigger offending party has the blame in causing it.

In other words being a messy housekeeper, etc, doesn't do the same 'soul damage' that an addictive/narcissistic/cheating partner can do, hence why they are responsible for ruining the marriage.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 3

I think they both offended and annoyed the heck out of each other for years.  I agree with the poster up thread that thinks the marriage wasn't compatible from day one so here we are.

Maybe now both can move on and  we shall see what we shall see. 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Rap541 said:

But in the case of Matt and Amy, is Amy the nasty hate filled bitch and Matt her faithful, always smiling, always mindful, browbeat victim who did nothing wrong ever?

I will concede all day that Amy was not a perfect wife, but I tire of the narrative where Matt was a perfect saint who was a perfect man in all ways who patiently endured his demon rage beast of a wife with nothing but "yes dear, Amy is always right, and I am her never complaining, always smiling whipped bitch". 

Amy being a perfect wife never happened. Matt being a perfect husband never happened. That farm and their wealth wouldn't exist without BOTH of them.

"Yes" to all this.

I've also found it incredibly sexist that Amy has been judged so harshly for not keeping a tidy house. Was that solely her responsibility, by virtue of her possession of a uterus? IIRC, Amy was working part-time and raising kids full-time. That's a crap-ton of effort right there. And yes, in the early days, Matt worked outside the home, but when he WAS home, he couldn't be bothered to help with household chores, or with the kids, for that matter.

I believe Matt and Amy absolutely should have enlisted more help from the kids, who were old enough to keep their rooms clean, assist with the kitchen and laundry, etc. But that wasn't entirely on Amy, either. 

It's funny how differently we all see things, isn't it? To me, Matt's always been an insufferable, immature narcissist who's caused or exacerbated most of the issues in the marriage. 

• Love 17

I just got to watch last weeks' episode last night.  Just my opinion, but I'm wondering if Chris wandering off was to plan Amy's party?  Her friends said that he invited both his and her friends, and he worked really hard to keep it secret.  Saying "I'm getting up for a few minutes" would bring questions and he might let it slip.  He had a lot of logistical plans to try to work out, so he could have been seeking advice from his friends in person, or could have been on the phone with her friends.  And the call or convo could have taken longer than he thought it would.  It makes complete sense.  Also explains why Amy said "We talked about it and it's OK".  That TH scene was probably filmed after the party, and they didn't want to do a spoiler.  He could have said to her at the party, "THIS is why I was being secretive and walked away" and all would be forgiven.

• Love 4
On 5/7/2018 at 4:32 AM, SabineElisabeth said:

I've always gotten a creepy vibe from both Caryn and Chris, and the last few episodes do nothing but reinforce that.  Caryn treats/talks to Matt the same way my niece's babysitter does to my niece (she's 6).  Chris' disappearing act during the bike trip helped pinpoint a little bit what it is about him that I think bothers me....and it's that I get the feeling there is more going on with him than we know (and probably than Amy knows).  Not getting the "I'm an open book" feeling from him at all. 

My opinion of what happened during the bike trip is that Chris was sneaking off to do something.  No idea what but I'm pretty sure there is no human being who was raised in civilized society who would honestly think it acceptable to get up from the table in the middle of a meal at a restaurant and walk off for 20 mins without a word to his dinner companion about where he was going.  Not buying for a second that Chris was  oblivious to that not being okay, and not buying the excuse that was presented on the show, either.  

Part of me thinks Matt and Amy will ride things out with Caryn and Chris, respectively, however, for as long as humanly possible rather than be the first to fail at another relationship - no matter how creepy ass they may be.

WORD !!

I would have left - meal unpaid - if was in a metropolitan area. Caught a city bus, cab, uber/lync, or just walked (jogged/ran) to the nearest business so I could arrange a ride. 

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, sATL said:

WORD !!

I would have left - meal unpaid - if was in a metropolitan area. Caught a city bus, cab, uber/lync, or just walked (jogged/ran) to the nearest business so I could arrange a ride. 

I would call it abandonment. If it was done to me I would explore other options (like what you stated) and let production decide if they want to follow my abandoned plot line (escape) or scrap the journey. No man is worth being left alone with no plausible explanation. I’m sure she got a behind the scenes reason but they were not about to disclose it to us. If not I would have hoped that a lightbulb would go off in her brain telling her he’s not all that and more. That he was self absorbed and unmannerly. 

• Love 3

Eh, I think the "Chris left me alone!" situation was dramatically overplayed. If the reason was legit but private - and I really strongly suspect it was since at this point they are still together - then it obviously satisfied Amy. 

And for the record, I think Amy is having a fairly healthy reaction to having grandchildren. If she was hovering and all over both kids, people would be bitching how pushy and in your face she was being. Jeremy and Zach both need to learn that their children are theirs and not their mom's and that their mom isn't going to solve their baby problems. They're parents now, and Amy is letting them be parents.

I also think Matt is having a normal reaction to being a grandparent but I dislike his harping on how he has to entice the kids to let him have access to his grand children. I mean, and to a point I am addressing this to the big Matt fans here, is there any indication that Jeremy and Auj, and Zach and Tory have ever said "We dont want Matt around the child"? Or "We need to be careful about how much time the child spends with Granpa Matt"? Or "We are shallow pieces of shit who won't let Granpa Matt see the grandbabies unless Granpa Matt has constant new treats for us and the child"? How about "We have to have enticements to let Matt see the children"?

Because honestly - this is what Matt says publically about his two sons and his daughter in laws. They restrict his access to his grandchildren and he has to provide enticements in order to see his grandchildren because they don't want him around the children. Matt actively says that on his tv - thats what his sad little "I have to entice them to come to the farm" means - his children are refusing to let him see his grand children unless he bribes them. Thats his message - he's the victim and his children restrict his access to his grandkids. 

• Love 10
On 5/11/2018 at 1:40 PM, Literata said:

also found it incredibly sexist that Amy has been judged so harshly for not keeping a tidy house. Was that solely her responsibility, by virtue of her possession of a uterus?

I agree, I’m a woman, but I live by myself, and I am not neat and tidy, pretty much ever... I consider myself clean but messy, meaning you aren’t going to find a plate of food under my couch, but there is pretty much constantly mail strewn about my table... I can’t imagine if I had kids to keep up with too. Granted if my house was going to be on tv I probably would make more effort to prevent the exact conversations that happen here... but she wasn’t the only person living there, there were 4 other people and any one of them could have pitched in at any time, yet Amy seems to get 100% of the blame. 

So I missed some of the episode, I saw Matt recording the sounds (I almost said tape, but that’s obsolete ?) he gave it to him with the talking!? I thought about that when he kept talking, but I figured it would get edited out. How relaxing is that lol? And I’m not saying it because it’s Matt’s voice, I would not want anyone’s voice on a nature recording. 

I’ve already given my 2 cents on the divorce, I think as in most scenarios they both had their hand, but as far as I understand (and please feel free to correct me) Amy wanted to work on it, through counseling etc, Matt essentially walked out (not literally) and had already made up his mind. I don’t see any abnormal anger or jealousy, quite honestly she is A LOT more patient with Matt than I would be in her position.

• Love 10
(edited)
5 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Thats his message - he's the victim and his children restrict his access to his grandkids. 

That's just Matt playing the victim again; it's his thing. I wonder if the kids ever get tired of it too. Would be interesting to know if he pulls that shtick on Caryn.

4 hours ago, leighroda said:

So I missed some of the episode, I saw Matt recording the sounds (I almost said tape, but that’s obsolete ?) he gave it to him with the talking!? I thought about that when he kept talking, but I figured it would get edited out. How relaxing is that lol? And I’m not saying it because it’s Matt’s voice, I would not want anyone’s voice on a nature recording. 

I wondered about that too, but it seemed like it had buttons for each sound, so one of the buttons was Matt talking, the others were for each of the sounds he recorded (at least I hope so!).

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 2
(edited)
17 hours ago, Rap541 said:

And for the record, I think Amy is having a fairly healthy reaction to having grandchildren. 

One time they showed her walking into Tori and Zach's house with the most genuine smile saying 'Hi you guys. Where's Jackson?'

She seemed so on top of the world to see her grandson. It was very cute.

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 7

Hummm.  Maybe Chris walked away from the table because Amy gave him one of her zingers!  Just got up and walked away!  We could explore that!I

That party was paid for and planned by the network!  Bet on it!

(edited)
On 5/10/2018 at 1:47 PM, Jeanne222 said:

download.jpg.cb527b1bd2252253cf4d8409878a8b98.jpg

Edited by artisto

I can't pretend to know why Chris has a habit of wandering off, but I do have a theory.  Chris has been single and on his own for his entire adult life.  He's used to peace, quiet, and freedom.  I think he may sometimes find being being half a couple to be overwhelming.  The constant togetherness of their road trip could easily drive him round the bend.  I'm not suggesting he doesn't love Amy--he just needs a few moments alone to regain his equilibrium.  He may not know how to explain his needs to Amy without hurting her feelings.  He "disappears" because it's easier than explaining.

• Love 2

Agree. Books are a reality show  side revenue stream. Never understood  how /why Teresa  book about her  federal prison stint made the  new York  best-selling list. Are children  books  eligible for best sellers? 

• Love 1
On 5/9/2018 at 10:58 AM, Rap541 said:

Jeremy and Auj have NOT changed their opinion that Amy is a fornicating whore (Daddy Matt spreading Caryn's legs for an old fashioned Christian fuck is fine)

Please explain the term "old fashioned Christian fuck".

• Love 1

Not to mention that lust is one of the 7 deadly sins, so saying she's in lust means she's committing a deadly sin.  Plus, not using the same term for Matt, when the same situation essentially applies (except he was the initiator of the divorce, which is worse in my opinion, but in the more heavy-handed religions, it's Amy's fault no matter what) doesn't make it a fair jump to assume that they consider Amy to be committing a deadly sin, and is in essence a ho.

• Love 6

Yeah, "Amy's in lust" and "Amy is lusting" has a negative connotation - namely that she's a brainless dumb bitch being ruled by the sex itch in her crotch.

Whereas Matt never gets the "Matt's so *horny*, does he even think before he sticks it in? He's just in lust, what dumb dick he is" treatment. And Caryn really doesn' get the "wtf is *wrong* with her, she must be in it for the money or likes creepy perv sex" attitude.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

I've seen some horrible comments about Tori just being in it for TV exposure and the money because no one would want to marry a dwarf if they were normal sized, and she's being punished with a dwarf baby. 

Where is the edict that states that a dwarf must only marry another dwarf?  

5 minutes ago, artisto said:

It all goes back to religion for these people.  They are the same types who feel you should always "marry your own kind".  Scary stuff.

6 minutes ago, artisto said:

Tongue-in-cheek

Not sure if it matters, but Protestants (like the Roloffs) don’t believe in “deadly sins.” Whatever Amy is doing — and for the record, I don’t care either way — they wouldn’t say she’s going straight to Hell because of it. 

• Love 1

@ginger90 Thank you for posting the photo. It does my heart warm to see the genuine smile on Amy’s face. Speculate all we do but that was not a fake one for the cameras and I’m pleased that she has found happiness. I can’t imagine how awful it would have been for her living on the farm...with no love interest and watching Matt flaunt and cavort with Caryn. 

• Love 8