Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

Seems like the season just began, and now it's over.  

It’s just five epIsodes because of the pandemic.  I thought that the self-shot part of last week’s episode dragged so it may have been wise to end the season early.

• Love 1
On 10/22/2020 at 5:37 AM, readheaded said:

And, by the same token, Matt's talking about building another "big house."  Should he get over himself, too?

Sure, Matt needed to get over himself a long time ago. I was talking about Amy at the time of my post. I've had plenty of snark for Matt at other times. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 1

Is that a costume Amy is wearing?   Also the clip from the episode could be revealing what the possible rift between the Roloff brothers is all about, who gets to BUY the big house and or farm.  

Edited by LucyEth
  • Love 1

Chiming in late on Amy's pronunciations! Did anyone here catch Amy explaining why Chris had to put that chicken wire over the pond? It was because they had "herrings"! Then she stumbled a bit and said "blue herrings"....and I was like *they have those fish in that pond???

Then we hear Chris correct her and say BLUE HERONS! She did say the write word (not an incorrect pronunciation, just wrong word) but I'd bet you a dollar if she ever talked about that bird going after her fish in her pond....it would still be a HERRING! lol

I personally enjoy watching this show to find all these entertaining bits. I also have a few friends who warsh clothes or dishes....we live in midwest. I make fun of them right to their face! We laugh about it all the time...I told my neighbor (good pal) that the My Pillow guy made his pillows "warshable and dryable" too!!! Ha!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, Calibabydolly said:

Chiming in late on Amy's pronunciations! Did anyone here catch Amy explaining why Chris had to put that chicken wire over the pond? It was because they had "herrings"! Then she stumbled a bit and said "blue herrings"....and I was like *they have those fish in that pond???

Then we hear Chris correct her and say BLUE HERONS! She did say the write word (not an incorrect pronunciation, just wrong word) but I'd bet you a dollar if she ever talked about that bird going after her fish in her pond....it would still be a HERRING! lol

I personally enjoy watching this show to find all these entertaining bits. I also have a few friends who warsh clothes or dishes....we live in midwest. I make fun of them right to their face! We laugh about it all the time...I told my neighbor (good pal) that the My Pillow guy made his pillows "warshable and dryable" too!!! Ha!

I like how my relatives say:  did you shit your "drawers".  I almost collapsed from laughing.. they are from Maryland.. and my cousin says "crawns" for crayons.. I scream laughing... My dad, who is also from MD tested me on my spelling bee when i was a kid and said the word "canow".  so how did i spell it?? CANOW.. we went back and forth getting pissed.. til my mother who was in the kitchen said "its CANAL!  Lotta laughs back then.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Gosh Amy is a dark cloud!  The whole vibe of the walk through changed when Zack made his announcement!

I’m still not clear on what if anything Amy owns?

If the show is to continue then it seems like Zack and his two dwarf children would be the ones moving into the farm!

Audrey and Jeremy quit and have their own team lol lol lol.   I still can’t get over Audrey talking about her team!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

If the show is to continue then it seems like Zack and his two dwarf children would be the ones moving into the farm!

From the show standpoint, the logical people if they want to continue the show would be Zach and Tori - next generation with actual "little people" as part of the family.

Also, the kitchen modifications would be useful to Zach, Jackson, and Leila (sp?).  Not sure if there is a regular-height cooktop that would be for Tori's use, but it wouldn't be that hard to make that modification, and the house has already had a lot done to make it LP friendly.

It was funny how they kept talking about how much actual room was in the house . . . like they never knew that because of how much stuff was all over the place.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Well, the show intentionally obfuscates this but the actual sales being published publically help. Let me help.

At the time of the filming of this show, Amy owned HALF of the big house property and had sold her half of the wedding barn property. 

As of Aug 2020, Amy sold "32 acres" of the big house property to Matt - since the origanal farm property was aprox 32 acres, that means there's a good chance Amy no longer has ownership of any of the land. 

I really don't understand why they have such a need to be unclear.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, IndianPaintbrush said:

Highly doubtful Zach "sprang" this news on his parents during filming. I guarantee they already knew.

Not after Zach's little hissy fit over how he was surprised on camera by the whole "Chris proposed" thing. Storylines are obviously set up and planned

• Love 2

Don’t they air the previous week’s show right before the new episode? So, do you think they’ll air the season finale again next week? I’m debating if I should watch finale tonight or first hour of This Is Us.

35 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Don’t they air the previous week’s show right before the new episode? So, do you think they’ll air the season finale again next week? I’m debating if I should watch finale tonight or first hour of This Is Us.

Another show is in their time slot next week. I found the finale is scheduled to air again at noon (ET) on November 7, along with the rest from this season, beginning at 9a.

• Love 2

I’m sure part of Amy’s annoyance is that she repeatedly said that once she left she would never set foot on the farm again.  If Zach and his family live there she will have to (unless she boycotts birthday and graduation parties for the kids, unlikely).  Although if that little red riding hood pic was taken at this year’s pumpkin season she has gone back anyway.

Edited by MrBuhBye
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

I’m sure part of Amy’s annoyance is that she repeatedly said that once she left she would never set foot on the farm again.  If Zach and his family live there she will have to (unless she boycotts birthday and graduation parties for the kids, unlikely).  Although if that little red riding hood pic was taken at this year’s pumpkin season she has gone back anyway.

So lazy Zach and the Visiting Nurse Tori want the farm.  We will see what happens when it turns into the 'money pit' or just basically running it into the ground.  Matt keeps saying how Zach "works hard" on the farm.. Really?   I watch this show, but it has become kind of sad.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

Interesting discussion. Thank you. 

I tape the shows. Right now I have three choices on times to tape tonight’s finale. 8pm, 12am and Saturday 6am.   

Ok. I started watching it On Demand right before it aired. I wasn’t aware that was an option. I then tuned in to another network. I’ll catch it later tonight On Demand and watch the rest of it. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Yes she's been there and has mentioned how much she likes doing the whole costume thing for pumpkin season plus it gives her a chance to promote her Amy's Little Kitchen and all the products on her website.

This is JMO but I think that Amy was uncomfortable showing too much enthusiasm over Zach moving in and purchasing the farmhouse because she knows that it won't sit well with Jeremy and Auj.

I think she was correct because there seems to be a rift between the 2 brothers and the farmhouse is probably the source of the the problem.... Jeremy has often said how much he wants that house for himself and his family.

I think maybe TLC is promoting the idea of Zach taking over because he is a dwarf and he has the new generation of dwarf children plus the last time Jer showed interest he said he just couldn't afford it yet and would need a few years to put himself in the position to do so..... but with Zach having the income from TLC plus them supporting the idea it allowed him to scoot to the head of the line and offer to buy it which probably pissed Jer off and that's why there seems to be a rift.

Gee whiz I guess New York Times bestselling authors 🙄 don't make as much as Zach and his family make working with TLC.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Bunnyette said:

Not sure I’d leave a toddler near a body of water unsupervised.  Even 10 feet is too far.  I guess Jackson will develop resilience if nothing else.

Then in the next scene he....Jackson was in the vehicle with Matt oh those editing monkeys 

• LOL 1
16 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I wish they'd shown a before and after like they do on the show Hoarders.

Editing did Amy a kindness by not doing this. I was hoping for it too. 
Matt was really shitty in asking Amy why she wasn’t “feathering her nest” or whatever. 

10 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I think maybe TLC is promoting the idea of Zach taking over because he is a dwarf and he has the new generation of dwarf children plus the last time Jer showed interest he said he just couldn't afford it yet and would need a few years to put himself in the position to do so..... but with Zach having the income from TLC plus them supporting the idea it allowed him to scoot to the head of the line and offer to buy it which probably pissed Jer off and that's why there seems to be a rift.

There's also the fact that Jer and Auj are no longer on the show. It's definitely in TLC's interest if Zach takes over the farmhouse, otherwise they won't be able to film there.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Gosh Amy is a dark cloud!  The whole vibe of the walk through changed when Zack made his announcement!

Audrey and Jeremy quit and have their own team lol lol lol.   I still can’t get over Audrey talking about her team!

another "19 and Counting -> Counting On " transformation

However Zack and his kids are not enough to pull an 1 hr show.. so if that is what TLC has in mind, hopefully it will be a 30 min show.

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, IndianPaintbrush said:

There's also the fact that Jer and Auj are no longer on the show. It's definitely in TLC's interest if Zach takes over the farmhouse, otherwise they won't be able to film there.

Yeah, but is it in Jer and Auj's interest? I can't imagine they are fine with this. It doesn't matter if they are on the show or not. This is family money and family property.  Jer stated when he was still on the show that he wanted the house eventually. Matt kept saying Zach has been working hard with him on the farm. Then Amy reminded him that Jer has put alot of work in to the farm, too. Matt hesitantly agreed. It's almost as if Amy had to remind him he has another son to think about. Hmmm something is going on with these two boys. Unless it's all for the camera and Z and T really have no plan to move in to the house. 

Also, they kept saying someone else was moving in there for a while which really confused me. What's that all about? 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Also, they kept saying someone else was moving in there for a while which really confused me. What's that all about? 

Someone who is apparently between selling and buying a house, I believe.

15 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Someone who is apparently between selling and buying a house, I believe.

Yes. there are 2 Caryns in the mix - if I heard correctly.

Caryn Chandler  - is the girlfriend

Caryn Thomas & hubby-??? is an employee, - I think, will be moving in the house

• Love 1

was last night the season finale? It was for Sweet Home Sextuplets. TLC is showed a  preview of another whiner TLC show that is part of the standard Tuesday lineup..

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2

During the campfire scene Tori expressed concern about buying the house because “we already spend so much time with your family”.  Yes Tori you do so you can earn a paycheck.  Spending time with them is a source of income for you and Zach.  Also, Matt is probably paying Zach for whatever he does at the farm.  He is certainly is not “working hard” for free.  I am convinced that there are some issues between Zach and Jeremy about both wanting the farm.  Jeremy has always said he wants the house and now suddenly Zach wants it too, Amy revealed both boys made an offer.  Not sure why Amy seemed a bit annoyed and then started saying she got no support, from who? About what?   I noticed that when asked if he wanted to go to the farm Jackson said “see Grandpa and Cha Cha”.  He obviously likes Caryn and associates her with the farm.........wait for it!

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

During the campfire scene Tori expressed concern about buying the house because “we already spend so much time with your family”.  Yes Tori you do so you can earn a paycheck.  Spending time with them is a source of income for you and Zach.  Also, Matt is probably paying Zach for whatever he does at the farm.  He is certainly is not “working hard” for free.  I am convinced that there are some issues between Zach and Jeremy about both wanting the farm.  Jeremy has always said he wants the house and now suddenly Zach wants it too, Amy revealed both boys made an offer.  Not sure why Amy seemed a bit annoyed and then started saying she got no support, from who? About what?   I noticed that when asked if he wanted to go to the farm Jackson said “see Grandpa and Cha Cha”.  He obviously likes Caryn and associates her with the farm.........wait for it!

How did her relics get moved from the house - to make it barebones empty? did she want help and no one came? did she ask?

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 2

The lady who took over Caryn's job on the farm (manager?) sold her home and was building a new one... She rented the farmhouse for about 3 months while her new home was being built.

While she was living there she was able to find any problems or repairs that needed to be done.

Edited by Joan of Argh
Clarity
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, sATL said:

How did her relics get moved from the house - to make it barebones empty? did she want help and no one came? did she ask?

She had her friend help her. She didn't want strangers touching her stuff. A lot of people are like that. I think she now sees she sould have hired a team to do it. Whatever...it got done and now Matt can STFU and stop bullying her to leave. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, BrownBear2012 said:

She had her friend help her. She didn't want strangers touching her stuff. A lot of people are like that. I think she now sees she sould have hired a team to do it. Whatever...it got done and now Matt can STFU and stop bullying her to leave. 

the kid-adults didn't help? maybe that is what she meant then by "no support"

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, sATL said:

Edited 3 minutes ago by sATL

If it was about her cleaning out the house, what has that got to do with Zach being interested in purchasing the home.  Her annoyance made no sense to me, maybe it was edited badly IDK.

Edited by LucyEth
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, sATL said:

Yes. there are 2 Caryns in the mix - if I heard correctly.

Caryn Chandler  - is the girlfriend

Caryn Thomas & hubby-??? is an employee, - I think, will be moving in the house

Yes, Caryn Thomas "does the books" at the farm and is moving into the farmhouse for a few months while her house is built.

Ratings are in:  1.601 M viewers and a .28 rating in 18-49.  Eleventh cable show of the day.

I wondered who was watching this and people 50 and over had a 1.04 rating.  I'm in that demographic and still thought this season was horrible and probably the worst and most boring one that the show has produced.  

• Useful 1
31 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Ratings are in:  1.601 M viewers and a .28 rating in 18-49.  Eleventh cable show of the day.

I wondered who was watching this and people 50 and over had a 1.04 rating.  I'm in that demographic and still thought this season was horrible and probably the worst and most boring one that the show has produced.  

ITA

BTW: was Amy on the farm for 30 years?

I think she may have mentioned that a GAZILLION TIMES!

• Love 5

Isn’t that farm big enough for both brothers and their families to live there?  Acres and acres of land and they quibble like the spoiled, enabled, lazy men that were raised there. 
I think both brothers would like to live on the farm. I think it’s the two wives and their ideas holding them back. 
Tori has had a taste of the bright lights and social media about her every move. Maybe they have enough inheritance to say pass!

Anybody happen to know how much they are all raking in per episode?

This season was only 4-5 episodes. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

There’s plenty of room on the farm for multiple families if they  wanted to live there. And, I call BS on the story that Jer would be upset with Zach wanting to move and work on  the farm. Jer has DECLINED the pleas from Matt to do that for years! So, I don’t buy it. The farm house is not even Jer and Auj’s style.  If they are pretending it’s an issue, it’s for ratings, imo. 

Amy is complaining that she didn’t get enough sympathy last year! Who in the hey wants others feelings sorry for you? That’s so silly and selfish.  She really does have it rough with living in two gorgeous houses, nice car, new furniture, kids, grandkids, flexible schedule, financial security, good health, loving fiancé, man......sounds like she’s suffering.....

• Love 8