Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Dustbunny said:

Joan, you're killing me!!!  🤣😂😅

poor old Amy and her nonstop bitch'n and complaining

Good to see that she's pulling her load and showing all the kiddies her jugs

jugs.gif

one of those "naughty" little red riding hood outfits.....I guess with the slower revenues b/c of COVID, tele-school (no field trips) and unemployment , one has to go after another type of customer.

So keeping her day job(s) at the farm was part of her divorce settlement, too? More aggravation time seeing Matt with Karen. These two have one of the oddest divorce arrangements... I can understand being friends... is the only line they don't current cross/share is sex and grown children? 

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Yeah having a colostomy for several years as a teen due to ulcerative colitis is super fun.🙄 

And we've never heard Matt's tales of how he was ripped from his mother's breast and tortured by hateful doctors and nurses who were intentionally cruel in so many ways I can detail them even tho Matt somehow never mentions this except that he does ALL the time complete with how he is always soon to be crippled and then dead due to his many many many health issues. That he never mentions except when he does. 

Wait. What?  Amy has UC?

That's really not funny. Making fun of Amy for her body shape and size is unkind. Any woman with an ample chest is going to have cleavage. I am pretty conservative in terms of clothes, but I don't see anything wrong with her costume. Women have breasts.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, Dustbunny said:

jugs.gif

Saint Amy of the kitchen!!!  👐💭👙

• LOL 1

Yep all women have breasts but not all women chose to wear a Little Red Riding costume and expose their jugs at the pumpkin patch!!!  Lol

I wonder if she had any lookers other than side glances from men, startled children looking at the semi naked woman and  remarks from the women!

Really Amy.  Cover em up!

• Love 12

Redheaded, yes. I was surprised as well since she's always said she didnt have dwarf health issues and I think this wasnt counted because UC isn't dwarf related. She had several surgeries for it as a teen and at least for a while was dealing with a colostomy.

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Dustbunny said:

jugs.gif

I think the costume is fine. I would personally raise the neck line an inch or two but I don’t think it’s too racy for a family costume event, and I too am pretty conservative in terms of clothes. Being a lady of a certain size who is shaped like a fertility statue my tops can cross that line really quickly if I’m not careful. 

I remember once I was at a work lunch and I bent forward and the zipper of my blouse moved- the woman I was speaking with told our mutual friend “I showed too much cleavage”- I was just out of law school and was MORTIFIED. With costumes and things like that it’s best to move and bend at home first to make sure it looks how you want after all poses. 

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Scarlet, did your coworker get all " I can see your dirty pillows!!!!" ?

It's not a costume I'd wear for similar reasons, but it's hardly Dr. Frankenfurter from Rocky Horror Picture Show either.

No she was just a “you know what” and told our mutual friend, rather than whispering to me “hey you might want to adjust your top” (which is what I would’ve done in that situation!). She also had the figure of a 12yrs old boy so her perception of “cleavage” may have been off. 

I do like the costume. I love to wear capes at Halloween- WARMTH!! (I live in chicago). 

• Love 7

It looks like the costume does not fit her correctly.  I don’t think it is a good look since her cleavage Is not attractive.  If you are young or have nice cleavage fine, but IMO she doesn’t.  Also, Little Red Riding Hood was a child, her version would be more appropriate at an adult costume party where perhaps Chris could be the Big Bad Wolf.🤭  

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

It looks like the costume does not fit her correctly.  I don’t think it is a good look since her cleavage Is not attractive.  If you are young or have nice cleavage fine, but IMO she doesn’t.  Also, Little Red Riding Hood was a child, her version would be more appropriate at an adult costume party where perhaps Chris could be the Big Bad Wolf.🤭  

And I'm sure she didn't buy this "off the rack."  It had to be MADE for her.  So she approved the final product, rather than having it altered in the design stage to be more appropriate as she dresses for a family-friendly event in a costume that portrays a child in a fairy tale.  Look at it objectively - the neckline is closer to her nipples than the top of her breasts.  

They had that nice lace that was sewn around the bottom of the dress . . . might have looked nice if it were sewn around the neckline as well.

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I do think she could use a better bra- which would improve the silhouette of the costume. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

That's really not funny. Making fun of Amy for her body shape and size is unkind. Any woman with an ample chest is going to have cleavage. I am pretty conservative in terms of clothes, but I don't see anything wrong with her costume. Women have breasts.

Shouldn't be hanging around her grandchildren in such a low cut outfit. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Because children are despoiled by breasts?

I respectfully note that Amy's breasts are not visible, if this photo was reported for nudity, it would not be taken down, and this seems much adue over something that has generated no complaints from actual customers over years. (Its not a new costume).

What damage does seeing a little bit of cleavage cause in a child?

• Love 18

Regarding several comments about Matt: 

I dislike Matt intensely but I will never begrudge him for what he went through medically. The man is a mangled mess, he can barely walk or use his hands. He spent years of his childhood and teen years in the hospital enduring painful surgery after surgery. He talked about it on the show because I'm sure he was asked to talk about it on the show. Let's not forget that during all of these reality show talking heads they are sitting there with someone on the other side of the camera asking questions. After all, this started out as a show about little people and how they navigate through life with their limitations. It's what the viewers wanted to know. 

As for marrying Caryn without a pre-nup, I don't see that ever, ever happening. The man is an asshole but is not about to enter in to marriage without protecting his wealth. He has millions of dollars at stake. He's no fool when it comes to money. That's if he ever marries Caryn. He doesn't seem to be in any rush what so ever to do that.  

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, LucyEth said:

And that could have happened to any garment that one's had for a while that is worn once a year.. General washing and even storage can do that to some fabrics.

Not poking fun at Amy- but being a little realistic - sometimes adults do "grow" in certain areas , as we age. What was tailor made custom years ago, just might not fit properly the next.

• Love 8
22 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

The constant kissing between Amy and Chris. Please make it stop. Thank god Matt and Caryn don't do that. I couldn't take it from both couples. 

And watching anyone kiss while having food in their mouths? Blerg.

• Love 8

Bichonblitz I left a response in the Matt thread for you since it goes far afield from the current episode.

2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

As for marrying Caryn without a pre-nup, I don't see that ever, ever happening. The man is an asshole but is not about to enter in to marriage without protecting his wealth. He has millions of dollars at stake. He's no fool when it comes to money. That's if he ever marries Caryn. He doesn't seem to be in any rush what so ever to do that.  

I mostly agree with you except for one thing. Matt is a bit of a chauvinist, in my opinion, and he is exactly the sort of guy who thinks he's got his woman so under his thumb that he can do whatever and she'll just go along. 

With Amy off the farm, I also don't see all that much standing in the way of a wedding for tthem, so yeah, I am curious where this relationship goes.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

The constant kissing between Amy and Chris. Please make it stop. Thank god Matt and Caryn don't do that. I couldn't take it from both couples. 

This a million times...

I don't want to watch ANY 60 yr olds acting like teenagers at the malt shop....*smooch*giggle*peck*squint*kiss*kiss*giggle*kiss*...wash, rinse, repeat  😦 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Redheaded, yes. I was surprised as well since she's always said she didnt have dwarf health issues and I think this wasnt counted because UC isn't dwarf related. She had several surgeries for it as a teen and at least for a while was dealing with a colostomy.

I'm so confused about this.  I did a little investigating and what I read (not that I believe everything I read) said that she had UC as a teen and had surgery that cured her.  Having 2 sons with Crohn's, I'm way more familiar with IBD than I ever wanted to be and as far as I know, the only way to cure UC is having the colon removed forever, which makes me wonder if she still has the colostomy?  It isn't uncommon in very severe cases to rest diseased parts of the GI tract via temporary ostomy (colostomy, ileostomy, etc.), but that isn't considered a cure.  

Anyway, while not dwarf-related, IBD sucks.  

• Love 4

The book wasn't absolutely clear but here's the relevant quote - "(it) changed my physical body for the rest of my life, leaving a big scar and making it necessary to wear a device. It took a few years to get used to it, but once I did my life had a new norm."

So she may indeed still have a colostomy, I just can't give you an absolute. Partly, you know, because she's not bitching about her health all the time. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

The book wasn't absolutely clear but here's the relevant quote - "(it) changed my physical body for the rest of my life, leaving a big scar and making it necessary to wear a device. It took a few years to get used to it, but once I did my life had a new norm."

So she may indeed still have a colostomy, I just can't give you an absolute. Partly, you know, because she's not bitching about her health all the time. 

Thanks!  I hope I didn't sound like I was challenging you; I'm simply genuinely curious.  It sounds like maybe she does have a colostomy.  Nowadays, colostomies are being normalized, but when Amy was a teen, they were something to be hidden and maybe even ashamed of.  Most of the people I know (many are even kids) gained a much better quality of life after their colostomies, even though colostomies present their own challenges.  All I can say is that I have mad respect for anyone who gets on with their lives with IBD.  

19 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

It doesn’t seem Amy follows an ulcerative colitis diet plan, considering ulcerative colitis is basically for life.

If Amy had a permanent colostomy, then she would be considered cured of UC.  And, even if she didn't, many people do not follow any special diet plan for Crohn's or UC.  My sons don't because they haven't found any particular foods to be a problem unless they're flaring, which isn't caused by what they eat.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
On 10/14/2020 at 1:13 PM, Joan of Argh said:

Thank goodness she's finally OUT and we won't have to watch her crawling around on her mountain of junk anymore.

Random pieces of string, broken buttons, used wrapping paper, chipped plates, it’s a queen’s ransom donchaknow?

• LOL 5

Ref. people coming onto the Roloff property.  I thought they had a secure gate that has to be buzzed open for guests. 

Ref. the low cut dress.   I can see what she was going for....it's just a little odd for the setting.  But, it seems that styles for ladies wear is very lax now days. I see adults in pajama bottoms and bedroom slippers in public a lot. No bra, no problem.  So, I guess Amy felt it was not a big deal.  She likely wore it to impress Chris or to remind Matt what he was missing...lol!  I would guess that the adult patrons of the pumpkin farm didn't notice or it gave them something to talk about on the ride home.

Amy has seemed quite comfortable with her body when modeling swimsuits, dresses and other outfits.  She's not hesitated to jump into the pool either.  So, it would surprise me if she is wearing a medical device.  I wear an insulin pump on my torso and continuous glucose monitor on my arms and though, they are small, they can't be hidden in swimsuits and certain clothes.   Plus, you can't get the pump wet.................

I found this, so, what do I know. lol

https://www.clinimed.co.uk/stoma-care/faqs/can-i-swim-whilst-wearing-my-normal-stoma-bag#:~:text=You do not need a,they are in the water.&text=You don't have to,down gently with a towel.

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Personally, if I had a colostomy or IPPA procedure, I’d pay attention to my diet.

Since she said she had a scar, AND a device, she may have had an IPPA procedure. 

🤷🏼‍♀️ Who knows.

I have a friend who has had a colostomy all his life.  He does not follow a certain diet.  Also, I would be surprised if Amy has a colostomy as I would think she would need to wear loose fitting clothing to accommodate it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Like everything, we all come from different views. Having cared for numerous people with colostomies, I’d watch what I eat. If she had the IPPA procedure, my opinion is the same.

What goes in, must come out.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Ref. the low cut dress.   I can see what she was going for....it's just a little odd for the setting.  But, it seems that styles for ladies wear is very lax now days. I see adults in pajama bottoms and bedroom slippers in public a lot. No bra, no problem.  So, I guess Amy felt it was not a big deal.  She likely wore it to impress Chris or to remind Matt what he was missing...lol!  I would guess that the adult patrons of the pumpkin farm didn't notice or it gave them something to talk about on the ride home.

I think Amy should wear whatever she likes in her personal life but for the pumpkin patch I think she'd be better off keeping the cleavage covered.

I don't think the cleavage look is particularly flattering on Amy or anyone else who's 50+ including myself.... When I was younger I wore tops and dresses with cleavage all the time but as I got older,  into my 50's and became a grandma I started to prefer a higher neckline.... My boobs didn't look horrible or anything but just as an overall look I thought it was more appropriate and more flattering to wear necklines that covered a little more....You can still wear tops with necklines low enough to display pretty necklaces and pendants but not so low that there's a big cleavage crack on display. 

As you said "it might have given adult patrons something to talk about on the way home" but as a business is that really what you want?... The parents discussing the cleavage on Little Red Riding Hood" as they drive home?

JMO but I think Amy can look very nice when she does herself up and wears something that fits properly... I've done a lot of sewing and altering over the years for myself and my kids....That costume might have fit her properly when she bought it but it doesn't fit properly anymore, it looks like it's tugging and too tight across her chest, the waist looks too small like it's cinching her in and it kind of makes her boobs look like they're low (someone else mentioned a better bra with more support would help and I agree) unfortunately the costume in its current condition isn't doing her any favors, it needs to be altered because it's not flattering or appropriate.

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

As you said "it might have given adult patrons something to talk about on the way home" but as a business is that really what you want?... The parents discussing the cleavage on Little Red Riding Hood" as they drive home?

If this is really something so shocking that it is affecting the business (no evidence of that) then maybe, instead of pissing himself in terror of being "hollared" at, Matt should be a man and tell his ex wife to get a burka for a costume. Mind you, I doubt anyone complained because a lot of this is angles but if you seriously think children are being damaged and adults are talking about the now adult version of the farm, then Matt needs to get off his butt and do something. If its really an issue... and I am guessing it's not.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
36 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I think Amy should wear whatever she likes in her personal life but for the pumpkin patch I think she'd be better off keeping the cleavage covered.

I don't think the cleavage look is particularly flattering on Amy or anyone else who's 50+ including myself.... When I was younger I wore tops and dresses with cleavage all the time but as I got older,  into my 50's and became a grandma I started to prefer a higher neckline.... My boobs didn't look horrible or anything but just as an overall look I thought it was more appropriate and more flattering to wear necklines that covered a little more....You can still wear tops with necklines low enough to display pretty necklaces and pendants but not so low that there's a big cleavage crack on display. 

JMO but I think Amy can look very nice when she does herself up and wears something that fits properly... I've done a lot of sewing and altering over the years for myself and my kids....That costume might have fit her properly when she bought it but it doesn't fit properly anymore, it looks like it's tugging and too tight across her chest, the waist looks too small like it's cinching her in and it kind of makes her boobs look like they're low (someone else mentioned a better bra with more support would help and I agree) unfortunately the costume in its current condition isn't doing her any favors, it needs to be altered because it's not flattering or appropriate.

I agree, that outfit isn't doing her any favors but if she wants to look like a silly old grandma with her tits out to impress Chris... go for it!

Gives us more to snark on!! 👍

Thank goodness Matt dresses like a grandpa and isn't running around in Patrick Swayze pants with his nutsack on display.

swayday.png

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

If this is really something so shocking that it is affecting the business (no evidence of that) then maybe, instead of pissing himself in terror of being "hollared" at, Matt should be a man and tell his ex wife to get a burka for a costume. Mind you, I doubt anyone complained because a lot of this is angles but if you seriously think children are being damaged and adults are talking about the now adult version of the farm, then Matt needs to get off his butt and do something. If its really an issue... and I am guessing it's not.

People here are discussing it, there has been nothing from Matt on social media that I have seen concerning Amy’s costumes or cleavage.  I am sure Matt stopped looking at her years ago. Not everything has too come back to what Matt should do or not do!

• Love 11
15 hours ago, Dustbunny said:

I agree, that outfit isn't doing her any favors but if she wants to look like a silly old grandma with her tits out to impress Chris... go for it!

Thank goodness Matt dresses like a grandpa and isn't running around in Patrick Swayze pants with his nutsack on display.

swayday.png

EWWW! and I'll throw in a "gross"!

• LOL 3

The Number 1 Rule here at Primetimer is Be Civil, several posts have been removed due to bickering and reporting of posts in retaliation. Such continued behavior will result in warnings. 

If another poster aggravates you so much while not being in violation of the rules, feel free to make use of the ignore feature. 

21 hours ago, Dustbunny said:

swayday.png

Amy's new attitude is "tits in the air like u just don't care!"

I'm laughing at the thought of Matt in Patrick Swayze pants!  😂

I'm trying to find the meme that Tori posted of Amy in her red prom dress with her arms in the air grooving to the music, I guess it was on one of her LIVES because I can't seem to find it anymore... Does anyone have the animated version that Tori posted?

• LOL 4
14 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I'm trying to find the meme that Tori posted of Amy in her red prom dress with her arms in the air grooving to the music, I guess it was on one of her LIVES because I can't seem to find it anymore... Does anyone have the animated version that Tori posted?

Oh PLEASE..somebody find it.! I really could use a laugh today!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Omg, Amy is still knee deep in debris in that house. 

Do Zach and Tori not understand that you don’t allow a child to physically abuse a dog?  🙄. Just because the dog tolerates doesn’t mean it’s ok.  You don’t brag on it.

• Love 12