Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

Yup! My 9 key sticks 🙂 Thanks!

8 minutes ago, missnoa said:

So does she own any land at the farm anymore, or is she completely off?

Unknown but if she owns any of the land, its certainly a token acre and frankly the land laws in the area don't allow properties to be subdivided. My assumption is that she no longer owns any land connected to the farm.

2 minutes ago, Bunnyette said:

Amy’s lucky Matt doesn’t put all her crap in garbage bags, dump them outside and change the locks.

In a non TLC situation, thats really what would happen although this was filmed in what, February of this year and Amy didn't sell the property to Matt until August, so he probably couldn't legally change the locks even if they didn't need a story line. 

8 minutes ago, Bunnyette said:

What’s with the dragging of feet?  Amy’s lucky Matt doesn’t put all her crap in garbage bags, dump them outside and change the locks.

He couldn't.  She was still half-owner.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Honestly, why isn’t anyone helping Amy get her things organized and packed?  It’s ridiculous that she is doing all that by herself.  According to her she wants to do it alone, but she can supervise friends and her children and not kill herself and get stressed over deadlines etc.  I really hope that whole thing is just show drama and Chris and others were actually there helping.  

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I really hope that whole thing is just show drama and Chris and others were actually there helping.  

Well, the twins are lazy as hell, and this would have been when the pandemic was starting so maybe but frankly yes, I think this is show created drama. 

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Honestly, why isn’t anyone helping Amy get her things organized and packed?  It’s ridiculous that she is doing all that by herself.  According to her she wants to do it alone, but she can supervise friends and her children and not kill herself and get stressed over deadlines etc.  I really hope that whole thing is just show drama and Chris and others were actually there helping.  

Good idea in theory, but I'd rather pull out all my fingernails than work on that mess with Amy.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Well, the twins are lazy as hell, and this would have been when the pandemic was starting so maybe but frankly yes, I think this is show created drama. 

I feel like Zach has pretty much said too that he wants to stay out of anything that involves his parents being on opposite sides and I think this probably counts as something he doesn't want to be involved in. But it's very interesting to me that literally nobody but her fiance is around to help her pack an entire house. But also, seeing how she was with Chris, maybe she doesn't want anyone helping because she doesn't want everyone telling her (probably rightfully) that she doesn't need all of the stuff she's trying to keep. And my more uncharitable side says it's because she wants to kind of act persecuted by being under so much "stress" trying to get it all done, even though she's had far longer than most people to pack up and move.

• Love 7

Wow, Matt watched Jackson by himself? Pretty good with his limitations. And I liked the way he complimented Tori on her intuition. I just am baffled why they waited so long to call the doctor.

when Matt and Amy talk about all the awful things they went through with Zach's health  - they sure went through so much together. I see how hard it is for Amy. That stuff bonds people.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Bunnyette said:

What’s with the dragging of feet?  Amy’s lucky Matt doesn’t put all her crap in garbage bags, dump them outside and change the locks.

I guess I'm completely out to lunch.  Why is Amy "lucky"?

• I thought the house was Amy's.
  • That's what she got in the divorce.
  • SOLELY.   Is that incorrect?
  • If the house IS Amy's, who does Matt think he is (we all know that), not only setting foot on her property, but...
  • Making appointments for contractors et al to look at/in the house...
  • And take pictures without Amy's knowledge...let alone, permission.
  • Isn't she allowed to drag her feet as long as she wants/needs to?
  • If it's YOUR house, how would that work?
  • Love 11
On 10/11/2020 at 7:21 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I once moved  into the cleanest place and the former tenant had left a nice note of how much she had enjoyed living there/good vibes, along with a vase of fresh flowers and bottle of champagne in the fridge!  It set a good example. 

That is touching. You don't see much of that anymore. How nice.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

• If the house IS Amy's, who does Matt think he is (we all know that), not only setting foot on her property, but...

Because he's a textbook narcissist, it is his way only and he never, ever does anything wrong.

• Love 7

I wonder about Caryn. I don't really see any warmth or affection between her and Matt like we see with Amy and Chris. What could Caryn possibly see in him? He's such a miserable person and so hell bent on his own vision. He doesn't want a partner - he wants a pawn to piss off Amy and prove to everyone else that he can get a girlfriend. I don't think he has devalued her yet because she still serves a purpose to him. I'm beginning to wonder if she's a paid actor 🤑

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
On 10/11/2020 at 7:21 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I once moved  into the cleanest place and the former tenant had left a nice note of how much she had enjoyed living there/good vibes, along with a vase of fresh flowers and bottle of champagne in the fridge!  It set a good example. 

Excellent point. 

I had to teach this point when dealing with move out from a college apartment - which we working parents are cosigners on the lease. I didn't want to hear what a pig-sty it was when student moved in or why it is super-filthy now. I mean I was ready to call the city/state board of health. Be an example and set the bar high get it professionally (which really didn't cost that much) cleaned.

The fresh flower was some deodorizer the service used;  fridge was empty (which in itself was an improvement), sorry.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Bunnyette said:

I guess she’s back to her game playing.   Tell your ex you’ll be gone by the end of the year & leave it at that.

Now personally I think dragging the move out isn't healthy for Amy, but I hope people understand the point I am about to make.

Legally, if thats a jointly owned property and there's been no deadline set in a legal fashion, Amy still owns half the property and per the divorce decree gets to live in the house. If Matt jointly owned the property with NOT Amy - for the sake of this arguement, some person other than his ex wife, that joint owner would have as much right to the property as Matt and Matt wouldn't be able to say boo about it AND that joint owner just might call the cops if they found strangers wandering around the property that Matt hadn't told them about. If the joint owner wasn't his ex wife, Matt could find himself in court for a LOT of the nonsense he's putting Amy thru. Matt is acting like he has a right to be upset. 

Like Amy, he would be better off if he just went to the lawyers and demanded a date be set for Amy to vacate and until then, just ignored her and her move out issues. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
6 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Now personally I think dragging the move out isn't healthy for Amy, but I hope people understand the point I am about to make.

Legally, if thats a jointly owned property and there's been no deadline set in a legal fashion, Amy still owns half the property and per the divorce decree gets to live in the house. If Matt jointly owned the property with NOT Amy - for the sake of this arguement, some person other than his ex wife, that joint owner would have as much right to the property as Matt and Matt wouldn't be able to say boo about it AND that joint owner just might call the cops if they found strangers wandering around the property that Matt hadn't told them about. If the joint owner wasn't his ex wife, Matt could find himself in court for a LOT of the nonsense he's putting Amy thru. Matt is acting like he has a right to be upset. 

Like Amy, he would be better off if he just went to the lawyers and demanded a date be set for Amy to vacate and until then, just ignored her and her move out issues. 

If she's an owner what right does he have to send a demand letter?   Once she's not an owner and the legally agreed upon deadline has passed, fine.  If she's still an owner and has legal right to the use of the home per their judgment of divorce he has no legal authority to make the demand.

• Love 3

RE: the house  - I truly wish it could be loaded up and moved someplace else. Or rebuild the same house plan someplace else.

We all love our home(s) - past, present and future but good grief  - just how long and how much are they going to to keep paying lawyers to discuss it... .

• Love 3

Both Amy and Matt were very supportive of Tori when Lilah was sick, but I always get the impression Tori (and Auj, from what we saw on earlier seasons) prefers Matt to Amy, which is unfortunate, since they both seem to put forth a lot of effort to be good in-laws, as well as involved and loving grandparents to the kids. 

Interesting Zachary and Tori are already talking about having baby #3.  They are definitely pulling their weight on the show these days, but I always wonder how they intend to support themselves once the show inevitably ends.  They're going to have a passel of kids, with Tori's unused teaching license being the sum total of their marketable skills.  Somebody needs to make them understand that reality tee-vee is not a long-term career plan.

And while I would obviously expect some level of continued involvement between ex spouses who share children and a business,  there is absolutely no way, whatsoever, I would date someone as obsessed with their ex as Matt and Amy are. 

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, SabineElisabeth said:

Both Amy and Matt were very supportive of Tori when Lilah was sick, but I always get the impression Tori (and Auj, from what we saw on earlier seasons) prefers Matt to Amy, which is unfortunate, since they both seem to put forth a lot of effort to be good in-laws, as well as involved and loving grandparents to the kids. 

I’ve noticed the same thing, I mean Amy seems to do a lot for them and was kind to Tori when they were worried about Lilah.  Must be something behind the scenes we don’t see.

Edited by Bunnyette
  • Love 3
On 10/7/2020 at 7:13 AM, 65mickey said:

She absolutley needs to do this. It's the only way to move. However I believe that Amy really wants to keep all of this junk. I can see her picking up a coffee mug looking at it and putting  it back in the pile to keep. There is no way that all of this stuff will fit in her new home. If she can't bear to do away with the piles of junk then she needs to rent a storage unit and store it. I can promise you her kids don't want any of it. 

And the few things Zach asked about, and we're really just talking about random crap, not family heirlooms or anything expensive, Amy shut down real quick, cuz she "needed" it. 

On 10/7/2020 at 5:03 PM, Whyyouneedaname said:

& I just thought about last nights episode when Zach was sitting with Jackson while he ate a banana....those chunks were HUGE or am I overreacting. 

Those chunks were massive and a huge choking hazard. 

On 10/7/2020 at 5:12 PM, Whyyouneedaname said:

It is rude and disrespectful but Amy started this with them years ago with Matt. I couldn't believe how disrespectful Zach was to him.

Yep, Amy used Zach as her surrogate girlfriend/bff to bitch about her husband to. Matt worked as a traveling sales man for years, IIRC, and she spent the whole time he was on the road bitching to her kid about him and then he came home to a house that was a disaster, kids who were lazy, and their friends who treated the house like a frat. 

On 10/7/2020 at 9:34 PM, Joan of Argh said:

Exactly that was Amy's doing and she loved it when her little pit bull Zach would mouth off to Matt and treat him like dirt but now Zach is an adult and he sees through Amy's bullshit and he's calling her out on it.... He now realizes that it wasn't always his dad and he was a dumb kid who believed  everything Amy told him..... And Amy doesn't confront Zach about it because she knows what she did and now it's coming back to haunt her..... You reap what you sow. 

10000% this!

On 10/8/2020 at 2:12 PM, Jeanne222 said:

Did I hear Chris tell Amy "it's been five months it's time" about the house packing?

Yes you did. She bought her new house in October or November and was still moving like 5 months later. Granted, the new house needed the kitchen redone and some other stuff, but she still hadn't gone thru all her shit at the farm or packed all of it. 

14 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Amy had to go thru each piece of crap her self, to make sure there wasn't anything "valuable" in the garbage. There's no way she was going to ever let anyone help her. Sure, I get not asking Matt for help, but Chris would have helped, I'm sure her BFFs Lisa and Deb would have helped, but they might have dared to ask why she needed to take the sugar packets she found in a shoe box in the back of the closet or scratch pieces of paper with old grocery lists written on them. 

11 minutes ago, Bunnyette said:

I’ve noticed the same thing, I mean Amy seems to do a lot for them and was kind to Tori when they were worried about Lilah.  Must be something behind the scenes we don’t see.

I think Amy does a lot to kiss Zach's ass, but that's not the same as doing a lot for Tori. She took food for ZACH when Tori was having Lilah, she took food for ZACH 2 episodes ago, and seeing her burst into Zach and Tori's house while Tori was having her spa day and asking Jackson if he remember Chris, well I'm guessing they don't spend a lot of time together. She's been with Chris Jackson's whole life, why would that even be a question? Matt's obviously never going to ask Jackson if he remembers Caryn, there's no doubt he does. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, SabineElisabeth said:

3 hours ago, Bunnyette said:

That's another textbook narc move. Matt can be charming when he wants to be and it serves a purpose for him - to be the Disney granddad and good guy he wants people to think he is. But we've seen him in action and for example he just wants to relax (his words) and do his thing instead of minding Jackson while Caryn makes dinner. Amy shows genuine care and affection for her grandchildren and wants to be involved.

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

I think Amy does a lot to kiss Zach's ass, but that's not the same as doing a lot for Tori. She took food for ZACH when Tori was having Lilah, she took food for ZACH 2 episodes ago, and seeing her burst into Zach and Tori's house while Tori was having her spa day and asking Jackson if he remember Chris, well I'm guessing they don't spend a lot of time together. She's been with Chris Jackson's whole life, why would that even be a question? Matt's obviously never going to ask Jackson if he remembers Caryn, there's no doubt he does. 

Zach is the one who is differently abled. I can understand to a degree that she feels a need to help him more than the others because of the limitations with which he was born. Doesn't exactly make it perfectly right, but I think it is understandable. I ask my own three year old nephew if he remembers my name and they live less than a mile away. It's just a way of speaking to toddlers. 

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

That's another textbook narc move. Matt can be charming when he wants to be and it serves a purpose for him - to be the Disney granddad and good guy he wants people to think he is. But we've seen him in action and for example he just wants relax (his words) and do his thing instead of minding Jackson while Caryn makes dinner. Amy shows genuine care and affection for her grandchildren and wants to be involved.

Matt is grandparenting the same way he parented. Jer was always the golden boy, and Matt made it very obvious. The other three kids were after thoughts, if he thought about them at all.  Matt has to change his tune somewhat now because Zach is the only kid being filmed, Jackson is now the golden child, and though Lailah is still a baby I doubt she will reach golden status no matter what her age. 

You can tell that Matt has spent years gaslighting Amy. In the exchange regarding people coming around the farm house to prepare quotes, Amy was quite clear - just give her a heads up that someone will be outside the house taking pics or whatever. Matt then turned it into a big deal as if Amy had asked for exact times and details of what they would be doing. She didn't. I know Matt isn't the sharpest stick in the woods, but he isn't that dumb either.  I love that Amy is finally calling him on his B.S. If he were my hubby he would have been an ex years ago - or six feet under. 

Like others I have no idea what Caryn sees in Matt. He still treats her like an employee. It is obvious he is not an affectionate person, but sheesh. It was nice to see Caryn actually call Matt on his B.S. too, with regards to Amy.  I wonder if it bugs her to see Amy with someone who is so openly affectionate while she is stuck with former boss who still treats her like an employee Matt. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

I think there WAS a deadline set by the lawyers. Matt let it slip that it was the end of February. If that's the case then Matt really needed to cool his heels. But honestly I think 99% of this stuff is producer-driven drama.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, LucyEth said:

People did ask if they could help but Amy didn't want any help because she wanted to look at every single piece of scrap paper and junk herself to make sure she wasn't throwing out bags of money or sacks full of diamond rings and gold bricks.

Thank goodness she's finally OUT and we won't have to watch her crawling around on her mountain of junk anymore.

I can't wait to see her much anticipated "Second Act" with HER MAN Chris! 

Meanwhile I've been reading posts on other sites about the "business" and apparently now that Matt owns the entire farm and buildings he started a "new company" that will run the farm and market the pumpkin patch etc and the old business which Amy had a portion of won't be involved anymore.... Does anyone know how that would work? Does the old business just whither away, lose value and die? Is that even possible? I guess next season will be Matt and Amy fighting about the business and Matt's new company taking over... WW3 💣 💥 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, IndianPaintbrush said:

I think there WAS a deadline set by the lawyers. Matt let it slip that it was the end of February. If that's the case then Matt really needed to cool his heels. But honestly I think 99% of this stuff is producer-driven drama.

Oh I agree but I also think some of this is the basic problem between Matt and Amy. Take the issue of people coming over to do quotes. Amy actually wasn't being unreasonable. It wasn't so long ago that Matt was complaining about having to sleep with a gun in his bed because of people trying to get onto the farm and chasing cars down dark roads so the police could catch the interlopers. They were in the news reporting death threats. 

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/matt-roloff_n_3361319

https://katu.com/archive/little-people-big-problem-roloffs-get-death-threats-11-21-2015-202122164

So yeah, I can see why maybe people wandering about might be an issue.

Now is Matt a gaslighting asshole as he insists Amy is making up the whole "Get the fuck out" routine that we've seen for years? Matt can sit there and insist he's all about space but the entire push to move Amy out of the house has been coming from Matt.

Also calling bull shit on Matt concern over the house. This is one of those situations where you can't have it both ways. If you don't plan to live in the house and are actually planning to build your own house on the same property... why do you even care about the old house you refuse to live in? Why not just tear it down when Amy is out and rebuild yet again?

• Love 12
13 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Matt likes to twist the truth and debating someone like this is impossible. He likes to gaslight Amy and drive her crazy...he's such a little tyrant. I did gainsome respect for Caryn for making, or trying to make Matt understand where Amy was coming from. He is just hellbent on bullying her out of the farm. On the other hand, Amy shoud have gotten professional cleaners to help sort out the "hoard" and put things in piles of keep and donate or chuck. Obviously she hasn't had a purge of her stuff and family stuff in a number of years...time to bring in professional help. But like most hoarders, she did not want to give up control of her hoard. Good Luck Chris!!!!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, IndianPaintbrush said:

But honestly I think 99% of this stuff is producer-driven drama.

Producers DO drive drama, but I wouldn't give them 99%.  I wouldn't even give them 39%.  Give Matt a hint that something might upset Amy and he's full-throttle.  I wonder how Caryn will fare when Matt doesn't have Amy to kick around (metaphorically, of course) anymore.  Hope Caryn's keeping notes.

• Love 4

Amy did set the date of Feb. 14 as her move out.  After all the back and forth, she finally admitted it.  So, why all the witching?  She basically called Matt a liar and then after all that, admits in TH that she did set the date, since she thought she could make it by then, but, it's Matt's fault, because, he gave the feeling she needed to get out.   Even Chris reminds her that it had been 5 months and she needed to get on with it.  You could tell from her excuses that she was just emotionally stuck.  I don't even think it was about all the stuff at that point.  If Amy has no reason to witch about Matt......I wonder how she'll deal with things.  He is the cause of her grief.  So, I hope she's been able to move on since getting off of the property and presumably no reason to be around him.  This will make for interesting filming.  She and Matt never in the same scene again??

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I agree with Amy about being given a heads up when people are out and about on the farm. I would be freaked out if all of a sudden some person was lurking and taking pictures around my house. Amy reminds me of my mother, I will take her shopping to Marshalls and she will find a top and then ponder it for 15-20 minutes if she should buy it - it gets annoying that she can't make up her mind. Honestly, IF I was in Amy's situation, I would have hired a team of people to box up everything and move it to a storage facility and then go through it that way as to get Matt off your butt. Its not like she doesn't have the finances to do it.

• Love 6

Another week of Matt and Amy arguing.  I do think Matt should let Amy know that he is having people come and check out the house and I am glad Caryn also let him know.  I find Amy’s game of “I know you are but what am I” to be childish and annoying.  I don’t think that Caryn and Matt not pawing at each other while being filmed indicates that Amy has a more loving relationship.  Amy is so thankful someone looked her way that she acts like a teenager.  Weird that Amy was at Zach’s place to watch Jackson while they made phone calls, that was a set up to show Amy telling Tori everything will be okay while stupid Zach sits there with his mouth open.  You need a babysitter while you use the phone, one parent call the Dr. while the other watches the kid.  So Jackson is not potty trained yet and they sort of admit it’s because they are lazy, just easier to stick a diaper on him.  Not sure those two need another child.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I never want to see another discussion about a house, the farm, or the business between Amy and Matt.  That's so overdone for me.  I was over it last year with the selling one side of the farm.  Production obviously doesn't see drawing this stuff out the same as I do.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Like others I have no idea what Caryn sees in Matt. He still treats her like an employee.

Money. If she and Matt wed without a pre-nup she's the new queen of the kingdom. In the meantime, she's had Matt buy her parents old home in AZ, she's been on numerous overseas trips. She probably likes Matt and isn't horrified at the idea of sex with him and likes being "grandma" to cute little kids. He does treat her like an employee and frankly that means he treats her with more respect than he does a wife.

54 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

Give Matt a hint that something might upset Amy and he's full-throttle.  I wonder how Caryn will fare when Matt doesn't have Amy to kick around (metaphorically, of course) anymore.  Hope Caryn's keeping notes.

Yeah this is pretty classic Matt. Amy wasn't asking for exact times of visitors. she was asking to be told if someone was expected to be on the property on any given day. He then insists he can't tell her exact times and then huffs and puffs to the public how he's so very busy and  simply isn't going to do it. For the record, Matt was not trembling or frightened in his confrontation and certainly wasn't too scared to say boo, and definetely wasn't too frightened of Amy's wrath to not fight back. He also wasn't too terrified to bitch and moan repeatedly about it and insist how right he was. 

Caryn does need to wonder who will be Matt's target once Amy is gone from the farm. Because Matt is never without someone to blame other than himself

14 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Weird that Amy was at Zach’s place to watch Jackson while they made phone calls, that was a set up to show Amy telling Tori everything will be okay while stupid Zach sits there with his mouth open.  You need a babysitter while you use the phone, one parent call the Dr. while the other watches the kid.

Likewise why can't one parent stay home with Jackson while the other goes to the doctor rather than dropping one kid off at Matt's to be filmed. I had this same gripe with Jeremy and Audrey taking both kids to the dentist office for Ember's first dental appointment. 

18 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

So Jackson is not potty trained yet and they sort of admit it’s because they are lazy, just easier to stick a diaper on him.  Not sure those two need another child.  

Definetely agree they don't need more kids but apparently let them use diapers until they show an interest in potty training is apparently the way some parents go now.

9 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I never want to see another discussion about a house, the farm, or the business between Amy and Matt.  That's so overdone for me.  I was over it last year with the selling one side of the farm. 

Agreed. Its an unnatural storyline. 

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Caryn does need to wonder who will be Matt's target once Amy is gone from the farm. Because Matt is never without someone to blame other than himself

THIS!  A thousand times.  If he can convince Zach & Fam to move there and be his underdogs, he'll be in 7th Heaven.  Note to Matt:  Do NOT push TORI !!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Amy did set the date of Feb. 14 as her move out.

• ISH.   "The weekend of Valentine's Day," and even that semi-coercion wasn't set in stone.
  • I think their legal contract (end of February) is closer to stone...and still subject to change.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Definetely agree they don't need more kids but apparently let them use diapers until they show an interest in potty training is apparently the way some parents go now.

That’s how you wind up with 4-year olds in diapers. I know two different people who had to buckle down and potty train before age 5 because kindergarten doesn’t allow kids who can’t use the toilet. 

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

That’s how you wind up with 4-year olds in diapers. I know two different people who had to buckle down and potty train before age 5 because kindergarten doesn’t allow kids who can’t use the toilet. 

Yup. I have at least one sibling who really had to buckle down because they found out their precious brilliant little one would be immediately labeled special ed if they weren't doing it on the potty by the time kindergarten came. They claim they "redshirted" the kid and waited a year because it was best developmentally and that may be true but I also think the kid wasn't consistent at five because they started so late.

• LOL 2
2 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Likewise why can't one parent stay home with Jackson while the other goes to the doctor rather than dropping one kid off at Matt's to be filmed. I had this same gripe with Jeremy and Audrey taking both kids to the dentist office for Ember's first dental appointment. 

I'll cut them some slack on this one. Lilah's medical issues are on a whole different level than Ember's teeth cleaning. And honestly, both of them should have been there since Tori was thinking hydrocephalus. I'd even cut them slack if they had taken Matt or Amy with them since they experienced it with Zach. Let's be honest, if Lilah was diagnosed with hydrocephalus, Tori would have been a basket case and Zach would have sat there with his mouth hanging open, so they would have needed an adult there asking questions and listening to answers.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

I agree that it was wise to have both parents for that visit and if she had turned out to have hydrocephalus a grandparent wouldn't have been amiss.  When grandson passed out in the floor, the pediatrician was glad I was with my daughter to help answer questions on things she'd forgotten or hadn't noticed.  He was especially glad I pushed him to a second listen to the kid's lungs.  Tori wouldn't have remembered half what was said if it had been a worse problem.  Flu and RSV combined was quite bad enough for them.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

I'll cut them some slack on this one. Lilah's medical issues are on a whole different level than Ember's teeth cleaning. And honestly, both of them should have been there since Tori was thinking hydrocephalus. I'd even cut them slack if they had taken Matt or Amy with them since they experienced it with Zach. Let's be honest, if Lilah was diagnosed with hydrocephalus, Tori would have been a basket case and Zach would have sat there with his mouth hanging open, so they would have needed an adult there asking questions and listening to answers.

Yes, unfortunately Zach credits his lazy, dumb ass, mouth hanging open stance with being the "calm composed parent with tons of medical experience" 🙄😞

Jackson hasn't really had any problems but Lilah is a different story, she isn't nearly as hardy as Jackson was at the same age and I think Tori is finally realizing that she's hitched her wagon to a future of children with special needs and a husband who's of very little comfort.. At least that's how it looks on the show.

• Love 13
12 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Jackson hasn't really had any problems but Lilah is a different story, she isn't nearly as hardy as Jackson was at the same age and I think Tori is finally realizing that she's hitched her wagon to a future of children with special needs and a husband who's of very little comfort.. At least that's how it looks on the show.

I hope Zach doesn't model his dealing with health issues on his father where the kids will be competing with Zach's medical experiences like Zach had to listen to Matt's whines about all his surgeries.  Zach and the repeated almost died of RSV was not helpful in the least.

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I hope Zach doesn't model his dealing with health issues on his father where the kids will be competing with Zach's medical experiences like Zach had to listen to Matt's whines about all his surgeries.  Zach and the repeated almost died of RSV was not helpful in the least.

Even worse if he models himself after Amy, all she does is whine and bitch about everything 24/7

I can't imagine what Amy would be like if she had the medical issues that Matt has dealt with his entire life.

Almost her entire book was whining and bitching, chapter after chapter... Wahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!  🙄

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Almost her entire book was whining and bitching, chapter after chapter... Wahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!  🙄

Yeah having a colostomy for several years as a teen due to ulcerative colitis is super fun.🙄 

And we've never heard Matt's tales of how he was ripped from his mother's breast and tortured by hateful doctors and nurses who were intentionally cruel in so many ways I can detail them even tho Matt somehow never mentions this except that he does ALL the time complete with how he is always soon to be crippled and then dead due to his many many many health issues. That he never mentions except when he does. 

Edited by EllaWycliffe
  • Love 11
30 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Yeah having a colostomy for several years as a teen due to ulcerative colitis is super fun.🙄 

And we've never heard Matt's tales of how he was ripped from his mother's breast and tortured by hateful doctors and nurses who were intentionally cruel in so many ways I can detail them even tho Matt somehow never mentions this except that he does ALL the time complete with how he is always soon to be crippled and then dead due to his many many many health issues. That he never mentions except when he does. 

Oh yes that's way worse than what Matt had to deal with and is still dealing with...

Let's ask Saint Amy of the Holy Kitchen if she'd like to switch with Matt because apparently his life has been a cakewalk. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Actually the point I'd make is that while a colostomy and multiple hospitalizations is actually kind of a big deal, for all the talk of whining, Amy's always said she was rather healthy and had few to no problems. This was NEVER mentioned on the show, for example. 

Matt's love for pity is in contrast well noted. Good lord, give Matt a nudge and his childhood of horrors and his imminent paralysis is brayed out. 

Edited by EllaWycliffe
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Oh yes that's way worse than what Matt had to deal with and is still dealing with...

Let's ask Saint Amy of the Holy Kitchen if she'd like to switch with Matt because apparently his life has been a cakewalk. 

Joan, you're killing me!!!  🤣😂😅

poor old Amy and her nonstop bitch'n and complaining

Good to see that she's pulling her load and showing all the kiddies her jugs

jugs.gif

• LOL 9
  • Love 2