Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Whyyouneedaname said:

I watched some this morning....I fast forward thru the parts with Amy in them, I can't with her. Actually if the babies weren't filmed I probably wouldn't even watch. 

Same.  The whole negotiations over the property are boring, and I feel like we saw the same crap last season.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, luvbadtv said:

Same.  The whole negotiations over the property are boring, and I feel like we saw the same crap last season.

These episodes are part of last season, they are just being aired now. 
Same old crap,regardless.

• Love 3

Episode was boring, same old thing between Matt and Amy.  Tori and Zach add nothing.  The only interesting part was Zach calling out both his parents to their face.  Amy didn’t know what to say and obviously Chris said nothing.  It was totally ridiculous to have Jackson shirtless eating and decorating cookies.  It was disgusting.  Just put an old shirt on him that is okay to be stained with spaghetti sauce and other food. I think Chris seemed put off by it too but course kept his mouth shut.  I hope the rest of the season gets more interesting, but I doubt it.

• Love 5

Deadly is how I'd describe this episode.  I'd be very happy to never witness any business discussion between Matt and Amy ever again or hear Matt go on and on about what he wants and how Amy isn't just hopping to to do whatever.

Ratings:  1.308 M viewers and a .25 rating.  26th cable show of the day.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

Deadly is how I'd describe this episode.  I'd be very happy to never witness any business discussion between Matt and Amy ever again or hear Matt go on and on about what he wants and how Amy isn't just hopping to to do whatever.

Ratings:  1.308 M viewers and a .25 rating.  26th cable show of the day.  

I always read your ratings info but not really sure how it compares to previous shows. I’m thinking 26 isn’t good!

• Useful 1

This episode held few surprises.

Matt springs a major financial decision on Amy at the holidays and whines how he needs this to be decided at Matt speed because Matt wants tax write offs and wants to move on other investment opportunities for Matt and Matt isn't being unreasonable or unfair even though Matt's on public record with how he has in the past lied to Amy about financial decisions. Matt demands a decision from Amy. Amy points out he made her decision and isn't interested in selling the business and Matt notes it's not a decision because its not the decision he wants her to make. When the current plan fails, Matt whines and complains to the public how his offer was super generous and he's the victim. For the record, I think six weeks at holiday time was Matt trying to ramrod a quick deal through that favored him. The ultimate deal was apparently close to a million. Thats a deal where yes, you get lawyers involved and you don't just sign off because someone's in a rush and promises he'll work things out later.

Amy needs to get over moving. I know she's moved now but honestly Amy, you're not the first woman to get a divorce in this country, you're not the first to buy a house and it's time to get your stuff moved. I can sympathize over Matt trying to ram a deal down your throat, but you bought a house in November, your stuff should have been moved out of the old house *in November*.

Chris actually seemed really normal and pleasant and natural. He's usually a bit stiff. Also we now know what Jackson is expected to call Grandma's lover and fiance - They were telling Jackson about "Mimi and Chris" at the dinner.

Zach needs to learn some damn manners. Also Zach? If you don't want to be in your parents business... then stay out of it. He is right that Amy needs to be off the farm. Its not a healthy situation. At the same time? Don't be refereeing it.

I'm gonna give Caryn some credit - she's a conniving bitch who knew from the minute Matt opened his mouth that this whole little plan was doomed from the start. She knew Matt was going to ram it down Amy's throat, and Amy was going to push back hard because "holidays/Matt's probably lying/this is all so hard/its a business worth millions so only idiots rush" and she didn't say no, the way Amy would have, she just told Matt to feel free and then if it didn't work out then they'll revisit it.

Considering the sale in June of this year - I really hope Amy realizes just how lucky she was to get out before Covid. I took a look at their reervations for the farm thing and they're not even close to selling out.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I always read your ratings info but not really sure how it compares to previous shows. I’m thinking 26 isn’t good!

It's below Duggar level, but it was also the same night as a Presidential Debate.  I'd have to say give it another week before we can make a safe call.

• Love 2

I finished watching the episode and I've now given it more thought than it deserved.  First, I have a daughter who is a family law expert practicing in Los Angeles and specializing in high dollar value divorces.  In fact, the Roloffs might not even qualify to be accepted by her firm.  So Amy was right first thing is get an appointment with an attorney to review the deal.  My daughter, if she were the attorney, would immediately be suspect of an offer with a short time frame.  An offer with a ridiculously short time frame would send her into what is he trying to pull mode.  So the first person brought on the team for transfer/selling of a business would be a forensic accountant.  These people are usually booked weeks or months into the future.  Amy was exactly right that the holidays would impact things.  Attorneys and accountants like everyone else like to take some time with their families.  My daughter for instance has young children and takes off holidays when they are out of school and they like to take a winter vacation with the kids.  Let's throw out a week or two to get an appointment with the attorney and three weeks for the attorney's holidays and winter vacation.  Matt gave Amy what 6 or 8 weeks?  That leaves one to three weeks for the attorney to review things if the forensic accountant is miraculously free and can get the job done immediately.  This is not to mention getting a real estate expert for an appraisal and evaluation or possibly two.  The forensic accountant is going to go back several years to make sure all the accounting and in particular tax issues have been properly done.  No one reasonable wants to find tax issues show up two years after the split and the resulting nastiness of who is responsible to the IRS for any errors or shortfalls.  So all that said and I'm sure there are myriad issues I haven't thought about that have to be researched, resolved, and handled and I hope the entire business of Matt's offer and Amy's alleged dithering was all simply episode fodder dreamed up by TLC.   I also hope the same is true of Zach's opining and seeming meddling in things that are none of his business.  

Edited by Absolom
  • Useful 2
  • Love 12
8 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Episode was boring, same old thing between Matt and Amy.  Tori and Zach add nothing.  The only interesting part was Zach calling out both his parents to their face.  Amy didn’t know what to say and obviously Chris said nothing.  It was totally ridiculous to have Jackson shirtless eating and decorating cookies.  It was disgusting.  Just put an old shirt on him that is okay to be stained with spaghetti sauce and other food. I think Chris seemed put off by it too but course kept his mouth shut.  I hope the rest of the season gets more interesting, but I doubt it.

Chris did squeak out one little comment like "but he didn't give her 4 months" or something in the middle of Zach dragging Amy over the offer Matt put on the table, Zach waved off Chris's comment and continued to drag his mom and Chris didn't say anything else.

This whole thing with Jackson needing to be naked to eat spaghetti is ridiculous but at least we know where it originated (Tori) and not Caryn like it was suggested last season while people on IG lost their minds over Caryn making Jackson eat spaghetti naked.

Why does he have to be naked?...  Just speaking for myself but if I was a sloppy eater like a 2 yr old I'd want an old t-shirt so the sauce and pasta wouldn't dribble all over my bare skin.... It's dumb but I've noticed that Tori has a few odd habits when it comes to running her household and kids.... Apparently Jackson has never had hot chocolate because she doesn't believe in kids having sugar... Hmmmm weird because I've seen Jackson with candy, ice-cream and other treats at home so maybe this is a new rule. 🤔

At this point I'm sick of all of them and the ongoing squabbling over the farm, I know it's been resolved and this is old footage but good grief ENOUGH about the stupid farm and how slow Amy moves.... This has been one of the main storylines for about 3 or 4 seasons, at this point it's like watching paint dry, I really don't care anymore.

I guess now the new story will be how long it takes Chris to move to Amy's house... The whole conversation at the restaurant was so ridiculous... How old are these people?.. As someone else said, playing footsie with their fingers, giggling, making dumb faces, giggling some more, twiddling their fingers, making excuses, Amy flicking her hair and rubbing her chin as she makes faces, Chris waiting for an answer, Amy avoiding, Chris giggling, Amy complaining that it's overwhelming, Chris asking what Matt's intentions are for the farm,.... (Ummmm how about NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS! It will be Matt's and he doesn't have to tell Amy what his future plans are for the farm, that's why he's buying her out so he won't be held captive to her continuous dithering!!)

Back to the table...More finger diddling....and Amy making faces.... And still no answer in sight for a time frame for Chris moving In...Are these two sure that they want to live together???... They must be acting for the cameras because I can't imagine 2 adults actually having such a dumb conversation.

We find out that Tori never gets a hot meal but she's got that kid "DIALED" 😮....  Meanwhile Amy is gonna give Lilah shaken baby syndrome as she jitters and jerks Lilah while fending off Zach dragging her for the 3RD time this episode... Pretty funny coming from Zach since he's the freaking KING of procrastinating when it come to the slightest task.... And why does Zack need Caryn and Matt to arrange for Christmas lights on HIS house??? maybe Amy should drag Zach's ass for a while and ask him why he needs daddy and daddy's girlfriend to put a few lights on his house and that maybe he needs to put on his big boy pants and GROW UP!... Meanwhile Amy serves up this family dinner on paper plates while we watch Jackson smearing spaghetti sauce all over his gut... *Barf*

I like Caryn but her twisted prune face as she complained "some times I feel like you're still married to her" was not a good look. 

Amy complaining that she's worried about what Matt will do with the farm and what he might parlay it into after she sells out to Matt was so ridiculous... She's obviously worried that Matt and Caryn will turn it into a huge money maker and she won't be entitled to the money that enterprise could generate... It was like listening to a child... When you sell your interest in a business you don't get to walk away with a pocket full of cash and then expect more money if that business grows into a multimillion dollar going concern (unless that's part of the deal and in this case it wasn't) and by the same token if Matt and Caryn go broke you won't be on the hook for their failure either, she sounded like a child and it's obvious that she's worried that they're going to be a huge success and she won't get any of the profits.

After the lame conversation about Chris moving in and Amy avoiding any firm timeline I'm really starting to wonder if this relationship will work, it's September and Chris still isn't living at Amy's house... I'm starting to think that she's gotten a lot of negative feedback about living together out of wedlock and she's worried about Chris moving in before they're married.

From the previews it looks like next week will be more of the same, Zach dragging Amy while Matt bitches about how slow Amy moves.....more of Amy dancing around and avoiding a date for Chris to move in.....  Basically a snoozefest!!  *SNORE*

Edited by Joan of Argh
Clarity
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

. And why does Zack need Caryn and Matt to arrange for Christmas lights on HIS house???

Because its a tv show and they needed a cheerful moment where Matt could be puffed up as the hero who decorated the house.

13 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Amy complaining that she's worried about what Matt will do with the farm and what he might parlay it into after she sells out to Matt was so ridiculous...

Agreed. If the tv show wasn't involved, I think this would have happened a lot sooner. Then again, without the show I think Amy might have been more aggressive with her lawyers to begin with.

• Love 5

I was shocked to hear Tori say that Jackson doesn't do sweets....but then she added "he must not be MY kid then..." I don't think she bans sugar, I take it that Jackson doesn't really like sweets? Because in the next scene we see him eating one of his decorated cookies! That belly may not come from candy....but from spaghetti!!!??? :>)

Tori looks to have gained even more weight after having her 2nd baby, but that is expected. I also think she may just look bigger sitting next to Zach or other little people. Either way, you wouldn't catch me wearing shorts right in front of the camera in those interviews! And then she talks about when she will be ready to have ANOTHER baby. So, it isn't just Zach wanting more of this gravy train running.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Absolom said:

I finished watching the episode and I've now given it more thought than it deserved.  First, I have a daughter who is a family law expert practicing in Los Angeles and specializing in high dollar value divorces.  In fact, the Roloffs might not even qualify to be accepted by her firm.  So Amy was right first thing is get an appointment with an attorney to review the deal.  My daughter, if she were the attorney, would immediately be suspect of an offer with a short time frame.  An offer with a ridiculously short time frame would send her into what is he trying to pull mode.  So the first person brought on the team for transfer/selling of a business would be a forensic accountant.  These people are usually booked weeks or months into the future.  Amy was exactly right that the holidays would impact things.  Attorneys and accountants like everyone else like to take some time with their families.  My daughter for instance has young children and takes off holidays when they are out of school and they like to take a winter vacation with the kids.  Let's throw out a week or two to get an appointment with the attorney and three weeks for the attorney's holidays and winter vacation.  Matt gave Amy what 6 or 8 weeks?  That leave one to three weeks for the attorney to review things if the forensic accountant is miraculously free and can get the job done immediately.  This is not to mention getting a real estage expert for an appraisal and evaluation or possibly two.  The forensic accountant is going to go back several years to make sure all the accounting and in particular tax issues have been properly done.  No one reasonable wants to find tax issues show up two years after the split and the resulting nastiness of who is responsible to the IRS for any errors or shortfalls.  So all that said and I'm sure there are myriad issues I haven't thought about that have to be researched, resolved, and handled and I hope the entire business of Matt's offer and Amy's alleged dithering was all simply episode fodder dreamed up by TLC.   I also hope the same is true of Zach's opining and seeming meddling in things that are none of his business.  

Absolom - thank you for a professional, outsider's opinion of the timeframe Matt suggested.  I think he's used to trying to push her because - if he doesn't - the woman can procrastinate like no one I've ever seen. 

Having dealt with someone like her in real life, one does tend to start setting time limits on dealings.  Matt should have given her more time, given the holidays . . . but this is a woman who took MONTHS to move, and still hasn't gotten around to setting a wedding date with "her man."

• Love 8

I’m still wondering about Zacks finances. Going to buy Amy out???  That’s a whole lot of moolah for a kid that does not much!

He and Tori have to be raking it in being the main family members still willing to do the show. 

No wonder he and Jeremy didn’t excel in school. They were lazy and already millionaires!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

I’m still wondering about Zacks finances. Going to buy Amy out???  That’s a whole lot of moolah for a kid that does not much!

Or more likely it was a line for the show.  This episode was full of them complete with the Christmas dinner filmed at the convenience of production - probably in November or very early December.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Absolom said:

This episode was full of them complete with the Christmas dinner filmed at the convenience of production - probably in November or very early December.

I wondered if that “Christmas Dinner” was not actually Christmas Day.  I also think it might have been filmed earlier.  Is that considered scripted because Amy says the show is not scripted?  IDK!

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I wondered if that “Christmas Dinner” was not actually Christmas Day.  I also think it might have been filmed earlier.  Is that considered scripted because Amy says the show is not scripted?  IDK!

I'm absolutely positive that actual holidays are not filmed and these are staged for the camera events. I can't be the only one who remembers the Thanksgiving episode that was a big family reunion where everybody said it was thanksgiving but it clearly wasn't in part because it was the year Jacob got hurt by the pumpkin chucker and was not sporting the injury at "Thanksgiving" even tho it should have been there?

Plus they facebook and instagram the holidays and the other kids do actually show up for the holidays.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LucyEth said:

I wondered if that “Christmas Dinner” was not actually Christmas Day.

Big hint - production gets holidays off with their own families.  Holidays are never filmed on the actual days.  They are pretty much all a set up just for filming complete with retakes.  A meal with children means potential clothing issues with reshoots.  Yet another reason to take off a little kid's shirt.  It's easy to wipe down a naked front for a redo, but not so easy to get spaghetti off a real shirt.  This folks is why Kate Gosselin would lose her mind over the kids' clothes.  Their trips were shot out of sequence so the clothes had to stay clean or she had to have duplicates so continuity wouldn't go completely out the window.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I will say, this episode highlighted something I had suspected for a while when all the complaining about decisions and how long they're taking come up. If someone doesn't make the decision *Matt wants* then Matt says you haven't made a decision at all.

This episode was classic in that respect. Amy didn't want to sell the business interest and told Matt that, apparently before their meeting and right then. Matt insisted she was wrong and *wasn't making a decision*. If Matt's not getting exactly what he wants, he accuses them of not making a decision. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Why didn't they have a booster seat for Jackson to be able to sit properly at the table? This child needs to be taught how to hold a child sized utensil and SIT. Where was a plastic bib for him to use? Amy has displayed awful table manners herself but I would think that Tori would know better and teach her son. My belief is that she is overwhelmed and disappointed that Lilah has taken after Zach in stature. 

• Love 7

This show was never exactly “fun” to watch because it’s always been hard for me to view them as a happy family, but it’s deeply unpleasant now.  Zach has gotten very big for his britches these days.  I wish my son would sit at my table, eating food I’d prepared especially for him and his family, and criticize my personal real estate/financial decisions.  Amy is far from perfect, but Matt both initiates and feeds the Amy bashing sessions.  Very unhealthy for someone who claims to be all about the family.  I was once married to a man just like Matt.  He made the decisions and any input you may have that differs from his plans is deemed irrelevant.  I’m no big fan of Amy’s, but I feel sorry for her during the scenes where Matt and Zach are openly discussing how great it will be when Amy is off the farm, etc.  I get that being a part of this show might be lucrative, but I don’t know that I would want to be part of something where I’m consistently run down in front of the whole world.  I view this show as a great example of one that probably needs to be put out to pasture (looking at you, Teen Mom and any show featuring a Duggar).  

As for Jackson, if they’re so concerned about him getting messy, wouldn’t putting a big bib or an old shirt on him be better than letting him eat his dinner and decorate cookies without wearing any shirt at all?  These people are mind-boggling to me sometimes.  

And Caryn . . . she is one crafty bitch.  Stevie Wonder can see through her eyelash-batting, “supportive” bullshit.

Edited by Suzy Rhapsody
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16

I really don’t think that Amy realizes how OBVIOUS it is how she is delaying her move out of house. She is using so many excuses.  She may have needed some professional help. 

I hope she got some counseling. She is still so obsessed with not being married to Matt.  I wonder if she’ll ever let it go. 

All that stuff would drive me crazy.  I have grown to enjoy downsizing and decluttering.  You can take photos of things and use them to bring back memories. You don’t need a basement full of boxes packed full of junk that you never even see. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 10

OMG.  Amy and her moving methodology are what my OCD a nightmares are made of.  So much crap!  No organization! Nothing was prepared for the movers!  Bags of rocks that mean something special?  Four hundred mugs and tea cup and saucers,  and eleventy million platters?  What the hell??  When is she using serving pieces and place settings for a White House State Dinner sized event?  Stacks of paper and bins...  if I were Matt or Zach or Chris, I would make Amy’s mountains of random shit disappear bit by bit.  There is no way Amy knows exactly where or what each piece of her “memorabilia “ is.

Amy can’t make a decision, period.  She may have a real phobia about it, but I think she does it as a passive aggressive weapon.  I haven’t been a fan of Matt’s, but I sympathize with his frustration over Amy and her sloth like pace.

Tectonic plates and glaciers have moved faster than Amy Roloff.

If (big IF) Chris ever does move in, it won’t last long.  Nothing in that house will be his. And it will take Amy forever to get furniture to “her” liking for Chris to sit on. Once they start “playing house”, he will quickly get tired of being Amy’s average height landscaper and handy man.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

Jeez Amy! Just empty one room at a time! Put items in TAKE DONATE and THROW AWAY piles and then proceed to either pack, toss, or donate the items from each room. 

... it’s amazing how quickly things go when you follow these steps. 

• Love 15

She absolutley needs to do this. It's the only way to move. However I believe that Amy really wants to keep all of this junk. I can see her picking up a coffee mug looking at it and putting  it back in the pile to keep. There is no way that all of this stuff will fit in her new home. If she can't bear to do away with the piles of junk then she needs to rent a storage unit and store it. I can promise you her kids don't want any of it. 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

OMG.  Amy and her moving methodology are what my OCD a nightmares are made of.  So much crap!  No organization! Nothing was prepared for the movers!  Bags of rocks that mean something special?  Four hundred mugs and tea cup and saucers,  and eleventy million platters?  What the hell??  When is she using serving pieces and place settings for a White House State Dinner sized event?  Stacks of paper and bins...  if I were Matt or Zach or Chris, I would make Amy’s mountains of random shit disappear bit by bit.  There is no way Amy knows exactly where or what each piece of her “memorabilia “ is.

Amy can’t make a decision, period.  She may have a real phobia about it, but I think she does it as a passive aggressive weapon.  I haven’t been a fan of Matt’s, but I sympathize with his frustration over Amy and her sloth like pace.

Tectonic plates and glaciers have moved faster than Amy Roloff.

If (big IF) Chris ever does move in, it won’t last long.  Nothing in that house will be his. And it will take Amy forever to get furniture to “her” liking for Chris to sit on. Once they start “playing house”, he will quickly get tired of being Amy’s average height landscaper and handy man.

I thought he already did move in?

11 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I really don’t think that Amy realizes how OBVIOUS it is how she is delaying her move out of house. She is using so many excuses.  She may have needed some professional help. 

I hope she got some counseling. She is still so obsessed with not being married to Matt.  I wonder if she’ll ever let it go. 

All that stuff would drive me crazy.  I have grown to enjoy downsizing and decluttering.  You can take photos of things and use them to bring back memories. You don’t need a basement full of boxes packed full of junk that you never even see. 

I don't think it's about Matt, himself, but rather getting over being stunned that the end of her life isn't going to go as she'd planned for 30 years.  She thought she'd be grandma in that house, on that farm.  I hope she did get counseling to help her grieve that loss.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

Jeez Amy! Just empty one room at a time! Put items in TAKE DONATE and THROW AWAY piles and then proceed to either pack, toss, or donate the items from each room. 

... it’s amazing how quickly things go when you follow these steps. 

Adding more rules to help out Amy - paraphrased from ( link ) : 

• "If you haven’t used it in 6 months, it can probably go.  Make exceptions for seasonal items. Amy - look at where you life is now - you are not cooking 3 meals a day for a family of six. 
  • "If it costs more to store than the value it brings to you, you should let it go.  " Amy - dealing with Matt is a "cost" - an emotional cost
  • "You can choose to sell something but it’s also OK to give it away if that’s easier. Not everything should be sold."
  • "Mementos and toys are even more treasured when there are fewer of them." 
  • "Keeping something “for someday” may be holding you back from living your life right now."

Isn't that hoarding show part of TLC's line-up ? Is that host/counselor still on the payroll ?

I think Amy might be thinking if she keeps "stuff" there - Matt won't do anything with it , to it or get rid of it.   Amy - have you seen the movie Waiting to Exhale - the scene of a BMW, filled with expensive designer suits, set ablaze, by a scorned spouse ? 

WaitingToExhale.gif.6b93a37f13a18ed25ebe73f2bd27f568.gif

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

From what I've read and seen on tv, hoarding is a mental disorder and even with the help of professional counseling and professional organizers, it's challenging for people to conquer, especially, if they have no desire to change.  And, I don't think Amy has any desire to change. She likes her stuff and as long as she has the means to keep it, she will.  I was shocked when she showed that one drawer in her kitchen filled with coffee mugs.  There were a lot of mugs in that drawer.  I get how you might use a few a week and need some for guests who want coffee, but, why so many in that prime spot drawer?  It obviously meant a lot to her.  

I was a little surprised at the story of how Zach ALLOWED Tori to have a spa day with friends.  She even thanked him for letting her do it.  lol  I'm not sure what that's about.  Since when is he the ruler of the house?  Jackson sure likes to run around, but, unfortunately, there's not much room because each floor is so small.  Wait until Lila wants to run around too.  Oh, and their dog.  Did anyone see their dog last night? 

• Love 6

Wow, what a mess, I cannot believe she won’t let anyone help her, that is just ridiculous.  She did say what hoarders say on that show, that she has to look at everything so she does not get rid of something important.  Those besties of hers, Chris, Jeremy and Zach should be there helping her.  Little shit Zach who Tori thinks she needs to thank for taking care of his own children shows up at Amy’s just see if there are any good items that are “up for grabs”.   I found the scenes with Chris very interesting, he seems to almost tell Amy the same things Matt does about not making a decision and taking too long with things. Chris realizes he must just move ahead, like buying his side table. He knows exactly who she is and  how she operates, therefore he is careful with his tone and wording.   He made other comments about her getting distracted and dwelling on an item and then having to hear the whole story of the item.  #thestoryofamyrandhercrap.   Can’t stand when they doing their talking heads that Chris has to constantly paw at her and rub her arms, what is up with that nonsense.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

I'm usually pro Amy but she really has gotten on my last nerve this episode. Never cared for Chris but he has my sympathy now. Having to deal with hard headed Amy takes the patience of a saint. Is he really that patient off camera? She has made several snotty comments to him in this episode that I thought were uncalled for. For example, when he was talking about having several dining pieces he could go and purchase right now she said something like "Well, aren't you special" and gave him a pissed off look. 

Chris has never lived with a woman so he is set in his own ways, too. Having to deal with Amy on a full time live in basis may be too much for him. Her lack of decision making and her hoarding tendancies may just drive him out of her life eventually! Her habits could be extremely irritating even for the most patient person. 

Also, I'm sick of hearing about how she can't let go of what she thought her life would be. She has a new house that she can afford to decorate and furnish any way she wants, she's not single and lonely, she has a boyfriend she is supposedly crazy about and her kids and grands are still very much in her life. Most of all, she's rid of Matt. She should be thrilled with her new chapter. Instead she is stuck in the past. She's making a boatload of money selling off her share of the farm plus the revenue from the show so STFU, pack up the rest of your shit asap and get on with your life, already! 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 10

Amy doesn't need all that crap!  Didn't she serve Zack and his family Christmas dinner  of spaghetti on paper plates!

Chris rubs and pats because he doesn't want to awaken the nasty bitch that is Amy.  It's also called walking on egg shells.

I would hate to be in a marriage with such a person.   I wonder how long Chris will endure?  There are those tlc  paychecks floating in and he is now one of the main participants on the show so I'm pretty sure the $$ is appealing to him!

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Chris rubs and pats because he doesn't want to awaken the nasty bitch that is Amy.  It's also called walking on egg shells.

I remember a time when Amy was the one always walking on egg shells with him. No longer the case. How times have changed.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I remember a time when Amy was the one always walking on egg shells with him. No longer the case. How times have changed.  

Personally I think the money changed everything!  He will take Amy for the money!

• Love 2
On 7/6/2020 at 11:56 PM, Jeanne222 said:

Yep!  I wonder how Chris would have handled that!

OMG!!!! I forgot how out of control these kids and Mueller were in their newly remodeled house...they were such brats! I kind of understand how Amy wanted her kids to be able to have friends over and have fun but that wasn't "fun" that was destructive chaos and disrespect for the home. And the physical "play" was jaw dropping. That Mueller guy could have injured Zach or Jacob. I was reminded of how belligerent Jacob was. Zach as always cocky and smug...I liked to see how he reacts when Jackson brings his friends over and runs rough shod all over his weirdly designed house.

On 9/30/2020 at 5:14 PM, LucyEth said:

Yeah...why don't Zach and Tori put a bib on the kid?

• Love 3
On 10/1/2020 at 12:17 AM, Absolom said:

I finished watching the episode and I've now given it more thought than it deserved.  First, I have a daughter who is a family law expert practicing in Los Angeles and specializing in high dollar value divorces.  In fact, the Roloffs might not even qualify to be accepted by her firm.  So Amy was right first thing is get an appointment with an attorney to review the deal.  My daughter, if she were the attorney, would immediately be suspect of an offer with a short time frame.  An offer with a ridiculously short time frame would send her into what is he trying to pull mode.  So the first person brought on the team for transfer/selling of a business would be a forensic accountant.  These people are usually booked weeks or months into the future.  Amy was exactly right that the holidays would impact things.  Attorneys and accountants like everyone else like to take some time with their families.  My daughter for instance has young children and takes off holidays when they are out of school and they like to take a winter vacation with the kids.  Let's throw out a week or two to get an appointment with the attorney and three weeks for the attorney's holidays and winter vacation.  Matt gave Amy what 6 or 8 weeks?  That leaves one to three weeks for the attorney to review things if the forensic accountant is miraculously free and can get the job done immediately.  This is not to mention getting a real estate expert for an appraisal and evaluation or possibly two.  The forensic accountant is going to go back several years to make sure all the accounting and in particular tax issues have been properly done.  No one reasonable wants to find tax issues show up two years after the split and the resulting nastiness of who is responsible to the IRS for any errors or shortfalls.  So all that said and I'm sure there are myriad issues I haven't thought about that have to be researched, resolved, and handled and I hope the entire business of Matt's offer and Amy's alleged dithering was all simply episode fodder dreamed up by TLC.   I also hope the same is true of Zach's opining and seeming meddling in things that are none of his business.  

Thank you for your post. I think it is important for people to understand that this is not a simple business transaction or negotiation. There is the land, the house and other things that will come into play. I was appalled by Matt's aggressive bullying Amy into a quick decision and poo pooing about the holidays being a problem for getting this done in a short period of time. He has always been domineering and has tried to use strong arm tactics to get Amy to bend to his will. Amy is right to defend herself and get as much good legal advice and employ proper people to work with her....Matt is just a bully and why is he just wandering, uninvited, into the big house to "check up" on her and "offer help"is just bullshit...he was there to inspect, criticize and put pressure on her to clean up the mess and pack up and leave. I understand her defensive attitude...he came into her space without warning for ulterior motives. They're divorced...call her up and ask if you can come up to the house to talk to her...what a nerve he has. I am not excusing Amy at all for what we saw last night...she does need to get a professional service in to help with weeding out stuff she wants and stuff she can get rid of...it's just too daunting to do herself and her hoarding tendencies are pretty evident. When someone is like this they have difficulty choosing what to keep and what to let go of...she needs help and needs to recognize this and deal with it before Chris bails on her!

• Love 10
4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

From what I've read and seen on tv, hoarding is a mental disorder and even with the help of professional counseling and professional organizers, it's challenging for people to conquer, especially, if they have no desire to change.

Very, very true. Hoarding is rooted in severe anxiety. It's so easy to judge Amy because she seems like a pain in the ass, but I think the truth is she is going to need many years to recover from:

1) her marriage/Matt 

2) the breakdown of her marriage/infidelity

3) the massive life change of the divorce, moving out of her home and off the farm

She was already dealing with the life change that most moms deal with of a minor identity crisis once the kids grow up, move out and get married.

I'm not saying she is without fault, but she is on the receiving end of this massive change of which the decision was made for her. Matt made up his mind and got what he wanted, and for Amy that meant life as she knew it was completely upended and torn apart.

Matt's a massive narcissist, and if there's one thing I know for sure, it takes YEARS to recover from being in a relationship with a massive narcissist. When you're finally free, you don't even know how to deal with yourself, let alone your stuff and how to manage your relationships with everyone else. Nothing makes sense, you second guess EVERYTHING and you need to find your footing. It's a trauma response. It takes several years just to level set. In the end, this is the best thing that could have happened to her because Matt is a dick. He did her a favor. It will still take years for recovery.

I like Chris and he seems like a good man. I think Amy is wise to hold off on the wedding because she needs to get comfortable with herself and her own new life so she can fully enjoy her future.

• Love 14

I do think Amy has deep rooted issues and that getting past hoarding and resentment isn't that easy.  Some people can just have a get rid of junk day by trash or donating, but, that's sort of a nightmare for someone with a serious disorder. It simply may not be something they can do.  

I'm not sure what is wrong with Matt or if he has some kind of personality disorder, but, I've known a few with narcissistic personality disorders.  Most of them don't take a lot of bossing and verbal abuse from people.  For me, Amy was meaner to him than he was to her for a very long time, so, maybe, that's why I don't have a lot of sympathy for her. And, to me, she seems more angry that Matt's not there to kick around than she is hurt that they split.  She can't kick Chris, because he'll leave and she'll be alone.  Apparently, her kids don't take it either and I've never seen her verbally kick them, so, I guess she's left with no one to take things out on.  Once off the farm how will she blame Matt for anything.......he's been the villain in her life for so many years.   

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

Amy doesn't need all that crap!  Didn't she serve Zack and his family Christmas dinner  of spaghetti on paper plates!

I would hate to be in a marriage with such a person.   I wonder how long Chris will endure?  There are those tlc  paychecks floating in and he is now one of the main participants on the show so I'm pretty sure the $$ is appealing to him!

I couldn't believe the mountains of garbage she was digging through and looking at each and every piece of junk separately... her clown collection is creepy and looks like a bunch of cheap junk.

She was so snippy to Chris I felt sorry for him, she didn't even want him to choose his own side table for his chair.... Such an ugly, bossy, bitchy little witch.

I was watching a couple episodes from when Tori was pregnant with Jackson and Amy looks so different, she looked so much younger, her skin looked bright and smooth, her hair looked shiny and no bangs hanging into her eyeballs like she's trying to hide her ugly mug behind it.

It was shocking to see what a difference 3 yrs can make!  👹

As @bichonblitzsaid the tables have turned and now it's Chris walking on eggshells, once he's living there full time that will get old real fast and then the shit will hit the fan.... Living with Amy is like living with a skunk/porcupine... She always looks stinky and if you piss her off she'll stab you.

IF they ever actually get married I don't think it will last because the more comfortable she gets in a relationship the more ugly she gets and we've seen Chris lose his temper a couple times... Not a pretty sight.

I really hope that Matt tells her to stay off his property.... Chris can build her a little lemonade stand and she can sell her fudge and salsa from the end of her driveway. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

ok I get that if you act like a child you get treated that way but I'm really seeing a side of Tori that I dislike....a lot. Maybe she's been that way and Ive just noticed but Zach will never be an equal in that marriage. To me Zach has always acted like he is now and she was a sweet little innocent "pumpkin season worker"  that just fell in love with the little guy. There's nothing sweet about her anymore. 

• Love 7

I suspect that Tori has lost patience with a lot of Zach's behavior. Plus, she likely has lots of extra work because of his ways, but, apparently, she knew that from the beginning.  I hold both of them responsible for the children's safety and on that front they both FAIL big time.  Not having outside jobs, I'd think there's ample time to read and learn about the proper care of children.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

For me, Amy was meaner to him than he was to her for a very long time

I can relate to that - when you've been dealing with a Matt type for years on end, you're just perpetually angry. Nobody ever listens to you, your opinions don't count and they treat you like you're stupid. One day all that repressed anger starts bubbling up and before you know it you're a coffee mug hoarding perma-bitch.

I too have more coffee mugs than I know what to do with and I love them all. I don't know what it is about narcissism recovery and coffee mugs. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 8