Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Scarlett45

Important reminders: 

1. Our (golden) Be Civil rule applies to your fellow members.  It does not apply to the show, the characters, the cast, etc.  Folks are free to say whatever they like - and however they'd like to say it - about anybody related to the show providing it doesn't violate our hate speech policy

2. As per our site spoiler policy: episodes released on premium or pay-per-view services are not considered spoilers.

• Start Topic

34 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

In a live, I know everyone is probably sick of me referring to them, Amy said,  "No, we’re not living together full time. He is over about four days and three nights, or something like that. We definitely hang out. But he still has his house."

yup and meanwhile he is there building and repairing but NO moving in.

On the episode where Chris asked her about when he can move in.. Amy grimaced and made an anguished twisted smile as she rubbed her hands over her throat like she was being strangled but NO answer on when he can move in.. that was last year and he still isn't moved in full time, he works there repairing stuff and then he goes home to his place because ummmmm he has that FISH that needs constant attention. lolol

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Sometimes I wonder if that has a lot to do with her wanting Chris around but not actually wanting him to move in.

Perhaps it has something to do with the Christian persona she wants to present.  She and Chris are obviously "sleeping together."  

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

"No, we’re not living together full time. He is over about four days and three nights, or something like that.

Is a temporary sleepover not "living in sin"??

Will there be upset viewers/friends/relatives if she "allows" Chris to move in without this marriage folderol?

• Pre-nup
  • Marriage License
  • Bridesmaids/Groomsmen choices
  • Showers
  • Ceremony...in a church
  • Reception
  • Honeymoon  

Edited by Back Atcha
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I agree and I don't think the crew she hired to move were top of the line movers!  She's cheap!

They seemed to do a good job.  Didn't look like the things they were moving took any special care. They were easy to wrap and haul ... some were HEAVY to take upstairs.  Perhaps she knows the owners.  Maybe she's economical?

• Love 2

Like, personally I think a pre-nup is appropriate for both Chris and Amy. (and Matt and Caryn when it comes to it) Chris owns a home and has a job etc, and so does Amy.

The rest? I honestly don't care if they marry at all so whatever.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, EllaWycliffe said:

The rest? I honestly don't care if they marry at all so whatever.

I agree, but when I started watching the show (and did not continue), their children were young and attending a Christian school.  Amy may have been teaching at the preschool.  I got the impression they were active in a Christian community ... which is sometimes judgmental about "living in sin."  That's why I asked.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Back Atcha said:

when I started watching the show (and did not continue), their children were young and attending a Christian school.  Amy may have been teaching at the preschool.  I got the impression they were active in a Christian community ... which is sometimes judgmental about "living in sin."  That's why I asked.

I think it likely does matter to Amy in that I think she is relatively devout. But depending on how strict their church is - it may not be that big of a deal. I mean, depending how strict the school/church is, the divorce could potentially have been an issue. That said, the Roloffs never seemed like intensely devout or terribly concerned about living pure or whatever.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

I agree, but when I started watching the show (and did not continue), their children were young and attending a Christian school.  Amy may have been teaching at the preschool.  I got the impression they were active in a Christian community ... which is sometimes judgmental about "living in sin."  That's why I asked.

I think you might be right, a few of us have wondered about Amy "living" with Chris outside of marriage.

At first she was all gung ho and Chris was supposed to move in after the kitchen and other indoor updates were complete.,.but she started getting PUSH BACK about it online since she was always opposed to people "living together" because of her christian beliefs.

Maybe it's as simple as she just doesn't want to get into the whole thing and feels it will be easier to wait until they're married and that way she won't lose followers or be questioned about it, she's had a lot on her plate and maybe she doesn't want to "explain" herself or worry about it anymore.

Not saying that that's the case but a few of us have wondered if that might be why he hasn't moved in yet.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Another possibility is that the wedding buildup for the show might be more dramatic if they aren’t living together.  I would imagine they try to forge some events of interest to keep ratings up.  Recall the time Matt collapsed on the floor?  LOl

• Useful 2
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Videos and pictures in Instagram stories  are only up for 24 hours.

I learned the hard way to take screen caps of anything in the IG LIVES that I might want to keep or discuss in the future, maybe I'm imagining it but it seems like they post more controversial things in the LIVES knowing it will be gone in 24 hours.

That's not just the Roloff's but reality participants in general often put the juicy stuff in the LIVES. 

19 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

She won't be rid of him until all financial ties are cut.  ALL. 

Their lawyers should be handling those negotiations. That's what they get paid the big bucks for. No need for the two of them to be talking face to face about finances any longer. No more sparring back and forth in the DW. If I were Amy I would tell him just that. 

• Love 3

I agree with you, bichonblitz, but honestly what else is there to film? From a mental health standpoint for everyone including the kids, Matt and Amy need to stop living g so close to each other and get out of each other's lives.

• Love 2

You know, it would be a wise decision if somehow Zach and his family moved into the  farm house. There are way fewer stairs which would be a good idea for a family with three dwarfs.  Their current home is only going to make more work for Tori and more challenges for Zach and the kids. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

You know, it would be a wise decision if somehow Zach and his family moved into the  farm house. There are way fewer stairs which would be a good idea for a family with three dwarfs.  Their current home is only going to make more work for Tori and more challenges for Zach and the kids. 

It’s a great house IMO and it has the pool and plenty of room for the dog to run around.  With some fixes and cosmetic work it would be great for Zach and family.  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Their lawyers should be handling those negotiations. That's what they get paid the big bucks for. No need for the two of them to be talking face to face about finances any longer. No more sparring back and forth in the DW. If I were Amy I would tell him just that.

Every lawyer has probably said the same thing...but both idiots know better!  They never stop to think, "What am I paying them for???"   Perhaps the TLC paychecks have made them less aware of how important money is to their standards of living.

18 hours ago, Dustbunny said:

At first she was all gung ho and Chris was supposed to move in after the kitchen and other indoor updates were complete.,.but she started getting PUSH BACK about it online since she was always opposed to people "living together" because of her christian beliefs.

It's easy to be opposed to "living together" and sex outside of marriage when one is married and (happily) judging others.  "Interesting" how one's "staunch" beliefs gradully change when they're slapped in the face with the single life.  Divorced. Alone.  No longer invited along with the married couples.  Hmmm... Amy's "secular beliefs" have probably changed drastically, and she may have been willing to take the slings and arrows from her community...but now she has to answer to the World Wide Web and Television Nation.  It ain't easy.  Chris is "sleeping over," but somehow that's different (apparently).

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Does Amy belong to a particular organized religion and attend services weekly anywhere?  Not that it matters, but as far as backlash from a community, I don’t know if she has a “religious community” to worry about any wagging tongues.    Unless she has outright condemned sex and living together before marriage (I have never heard her speak on this subject) not sure it such a big deal.  If she has, well then she may get called a hypocrite by those watching.  

• Love 1

The church the Roloffs attended when the kids were young appears to have been some sort of evangelical protestant church. I remember this because in some early I interviews it was dropped that the one big no on filming was the family at church or going to and from church as it was considered too private. Early on Amy also used to do interviews with guideposts and that's a pretty conservative magazine. Amy also used to have links to Focus on the Family on her charity website.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, LucyEth said:

Does Amy belong to a particular organized religion and attend services weekly anywhere?  Not that it matters, but as far as backlash from a community, I don’t know if she has a “religious community” to worry about any wagging tongues.    Unless she has outright condemned sex and living together before marriage (I have never heard her speak on this subject) not sure it such a big deal.  If she has, well then she may get called a hypocrite by those watching.  

I'm not sure how much tongue-wagging a divorced 50-ish woman (mother of 4) and an never-married man having sex while living under the same roof to each other would generate, for long..

Some might say its good for the cardiovascular system and more for the bank/retirement account 😀

Amy should have gotten that crowd under control the day after she signed the divorced papers that had a fault of adultery, on the ex's part.

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, sATL said:

I'm not sure how much tongue-wagging a divorced 50-ish woman (mother of 4) and an never-married man having sex while living under the same roof to each other would generate, for long..

It's not the tongue-wagging so much as those fingers on keyboards...belonging to anonymous humans who type cruel things they'd never say face-to-face--things they probably don't believe (or at least practice).

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

It's not the tongue-wagging so much as those fingers on keyboards...belonging to anonymous humans who type cruel things they'd never say face-to-face--things they probably don't believe (or at least practice).

And, I think there's misogyny at play.  Even here, there's over a hundred pages about Amy, with many posts criticizing her body, her posts, her grammar, etc., but less than 10 pages about Matt...Is that because Matt's just such a better human being?

• Love 11

Amy opens herself up to criticism.

She has dopey cooking shows where she can't pronounce ingredients, wipes her nose and is all around sloppy. 

She creates a pod cast with her best friend and has trouble turning it on, eats food while talking and fake smiles while wiping her nose.

She's always mad about something and has a hard time with simple words and phrases.    Were instead of we're.  Chris and I instead of Chris and me!  Those two are regulars.

I think she leaves herself wide open to criticism!

• Love 8
6 hours ago, readheaded said:

And, I think there's misogyny at play.  Even here, there's over a hundred pages about Amy, with many posts criticizing her body, her posts, her grammar, etc., but less than 10 pages about Matt...Is that because Matt's just such a better human being?

Matt is a narcissitic jerk.  Amy is easy pickin's.  Easier to pick her apart here...and pile on...rather than point out the flaws of the man who has put her down for thirty years.  C'mon, women!

• Love 12

To give a recent example, I was really bothered in the first episode of this current season that Matt was somehow the victim when his behavior was pretty out there. He wanted to buy Amy out. And wanted it in a really fast time frame for only his own reasons. Amy turns down his offer, telling him she doesn't want to sell her business interest and the property. And Matt point blank tells her that her decision was not a decision because it's not what he wants. She declined to sell and later Matt announces that *he* rescinded the offer she already declined. Folks, a man telling his ex wife that her decisions aren't decisions because they aren't what he wants is Matt being misogynistic. So is Matt telling the audience that he decided to pull the offer rather than admit Matt got told no.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

Yeah, not liking Amy in and of itself isn’t misogynistic, imo. It’s holding Amy to a different standard than Matt or laying ALL of the blame on her for the marriage failure that comes off as misogynistic. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Adiba said:

Yeah, not liking Amy in and of itself isn’t misogynistic, imo. It’s holding Amy to a different standard than Matt or laying ALL of the blame on her for the marriage failure that comes off as misogynistic. 

I agree, and it's also the body shaming.  

• Love 12
On 10/9/2020 at 11:31 AM, LucyEth said:

It’s a great house IMO and it has the pool and plenty of room for the dog to run around.  With some fixes and cosmetic work it would be great for Zach and family.  

It's certainly better than the house of a million stairs they currently live in... (I still can't believe they bought that house when 3 of the family members are dwarves)

It would be very convenient for TLC to film with everyone on the farm....

Murphy would be in puppy heaven with all the fields and wooded areas to run around and explore.

I wonder if they'd raise the kitchen cabinets or a portion of them back to average height for Tori?

Did they customize any other areas of the home or just the kitchen?

• Love 4
On 10/9/2020 at 11:26 AM, EllaWycliffe said:

I agree with you, bichonblitz, but honestly what else is there to film? From a mental health standpoint for everyone including the kids, Matt and Amy need to stop living g so close to each other and get out of each other's lives.

Yeah, you have a good point. Truth is this show has become incredibly boring. I remember reading an interview where Matt said they do amp up the drama somewhat for the show. Can't believe he admitted that. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, LucindaWalsh said:

I lay blame to the way the threads work here and that Amy is more out there beyond the show rather than accusing others of misogyny. With the threads, there tends to be a lot of talk about both Matt and Amy in her thread and also the episode thread which leads to Matt's not being as active. The second part is that Amy has a lot going on off the show and posts about it. She has "her man", her house updates, her trips, her online things (chats? podcasts? demonstrations?). That gets a lot of traffic.

I watched the recent episode last night. Chris has shown that he is quite the quiet quipper of funny things. "A platter for every mood". There were a couple others that I wanted to share but will have to flip through it to find them. 

exactly, a lot of the topics in the Amy thread turn into Amy & Matt comparisons and it stays in her thread.

Amy posts a lot more often than Matt, she does the cooking videos, she does her Amy and Chris posts, she does her Roloff Farm posts, she does her Fan Club chats, she does her Girls Night Out, she did her Prom, she visits her father, she does her chats with Lisa, she promotes her salsa, fudge etc, she does religious posts with a lot of reference to Jesus, she promotes her Amy's Little Kitchen site and several other subjects that slip my mind right now so there's a lot to talk about and because she's so messy with everything she does there's plenty of grist for the mill.

Amy lives a lot of her life online and likes to tell everyone about it.

I honestly don't see Matt sharing as much about his private life.

When you're on TV, promoting yourself online, providing a deluge of pics and videos people will comment and if you don't really know how to do the things you're promoting it turns into a joke and you make yourself look like a clown.

I can't take Amy seriously because she doesn't put in the ground work that's required to be taken seriously as a chef or anything else.

The Roloff family suffers from "doing it half assed syndrome" Jer and Auj think they're authors, Amy thinks she's a chef, Zach doesn't care and does "Lazy" like a pro!

Edited by Dustbunny
clarity
  • Love 9
12 hours ago, Dustbunny said:

exactly, a lot of the topics in the Amy thread turn into Amy & Matt comparisons and it stays in her thread.

Amy posts a lot more often than Matt, she does the cooking videos, she does her Amy and Chris posts, she does her Roloff Farm posts, she does her Fan Club chats, she does her Girls Night Out, she did her Prom, she visits her father, she does her chats with Lisa, she promotes her salsa, fudge etc, she does religious posts with a lot of reference to Jesus, she promotes her Amy's Little Kitchen site and several other subjects that slip my mind right now so there's a lot to talk about and because she's so messy with everything she does there's plenty of grist for the mill.

Amy lives a lot of her life online and likes to tell everyone about it.

I honestly don't see Matt sharing as much about his private life.

When you're on TV, promoting yourself online, providing a deluge of pics and videos people will comment and if you don't really know how to do the things you're promoting it turns into a joke and you make yourself look like a clown.

I can't take Amy seriously because she doesn't put in the ground work that's required to be taken seriously as a chef or anything else.

The Roloff family suffers from "doing it half assed syndrome" Jer and Auj think they're authors, Amy thinks she's a chef, Zach doesn't care and does "Lazy" like a pro!

Couldn't have said it better!  Amy is doing everything she can to keep those bucks rolling in!  She's sitting on the pot of gold Matt marketed for and provided her with but that's never enough!

Always more Amy!

• Love 4
On 10/8/2020 at 1:35 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I don't think people clean every inch of the property before they vacate like I do. 

One time after I thought I did standard cleaning on moving out the landlord called me to thank me and said no one had ever left a place so clean lol.  Maybe people figure that they will have to clean the new place when moving in so their replacement should do likewise.  

• Love 3

Amy’s appearance has never bothered me. A dwarf has certain traits with body shape and it’s difficult to fight. I think she looks fine most of the time. And, I used to think her public appearance presentations looked impressive.  It was always her nasty attitude that turned me off. She’s not as bad since the separation, except for the Matt bashing. I think Amy has a lot to offer if she can get past her bitterness. She lets it rule her life still. It only hurts her.  Oh....I still stick with my prediction that Matt will attend her wedding. Lol

Has Murphy been shown on air this season? I’ve asked several times and apparently no one knows.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, LucindaWalsh said:

While I have an aversion to clowns, I don't with coffee mugs. A cute movement forward for Amy was that during the scenes at her house at moving time there was talk about the mugs. The cute moment for me was at the new house when she showed Chris her mug drawer and then her mug cupboard. She did make progress about organizing them. 

Scattered thought:

I think Chris and Amy are doing a good job of how they are going to negotiate their relationship. I see her becoming aware of her defensiveness and taking a bit before giving in to immediate defense. I see him being set in his ways and taking a bit before saying this is how I am doing it. They are a good match I think. I think he is going to be able to open up a new freedom for her with how he approaches things with her. She is a very defensive person. You can see it in her eyes when it happens. She full stops and gives in to the defense. Then gets angry. Sometimes the reason for the anger is justified, sometimes it is just a kneejerk reaction. That's fine. But you can't be a really happy person that way. The side table discussion was also movement forward in how they are negotiating. I think Amy would have no problem waiting years to find furniture. Chris is able to make a quick choice, he knows what will work for him and he will choose it and he did choose. So he made his choice for himself, the table that would go next to his chair (that is already there) and he is satisfied. Amy is then also able to be satisfied in taking more time to find furniture for the rest of the room.  She pushed the boundary a bit, in a playful yet kind of not playing, when she asked So it can't be used for the couch, just your chair? and he said Yep, just my chair. 

I am not saying Amy doesn't have reasons to be defensive. I do think she doesn't have as many legitimate reasons as she thinks she does and if she keeps moving forward with these negotiations with Chris, she is going to thrive for the rest of her life with him and he is going to thrive as well. 

eta I was typing while you posted above and I wasn't responding to your post about the defense/bitterness. It was happenstance.

I do know that we have seen the dog though! He was in the house either in the kitchen or the living room.

Which episode and scene?

24 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Amy’s appearance has never bothered me. A dwarf has certain traits with body shape and it’s difficult to fight. I think she looks fine most of the time. And, I used to think her public appearance presentations looked impressive.  It was always her nasty attitude that turned me off. She’s not as bad since the separation, except for the Matt bashing. I think Amy has a lot to offer if she can get past her bitterness. She lets it rule her life still. It only hurts her.  Oh....I still stick with my prediction that Matt will attend her wedding. Lol

Has Murphy been shown on air this season? I’ve asked several times and apparently no one knows.

I saw him walking by when Zach was watching the kids on spa day.

6 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

One time after I thought I did standard cleaning on moving out the landlord called me to thank me and said no one had ever left a place so clean lol.  Maybe people figure that they will have to clean the new place when moving in so their replacement should do likewise.  

I once moved  into the cleanest place and the former tenant had left a nice note of how much she had enjoyed living there/good vibes, along with a vase of fresh flowers and bottle of champagne in the fridge!  It set a good example. 

• Love 16

I'm sorry for this, but I've missed quite a bit and googling hasn't made anything clearer - who now owns what when it comes to the farm land and the houses? Like Amy sold what parts to Matt? She's sold stuff to him last year and then in September of this year? And is she still part of the "Roloff farms" business? 

Edited by missnoa
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, missnoa said:

I'm sorry for this, but I've missed quite a bit and googling hasn't made anything clearer - who now owns what when it comes to the farm land and the houses? Like Amy sold what parts to Matt? She's sold stuff to him last year and then in September of this year? And is she still part of the "Roloff farms" business? 

Last year Amy sold Matt her half of the wedding farm property for 667k. Apparently in Aug of this year, Amy sold Matt an additional 32 acres which constitutes the size of the origanal "big house" property, for 975k. In order to do the second purchase Matt took out a mortgage for 877k.

It is unknown whether she still owns part of the Roloff farm business. At last check she was willing to sell the land but not the business.

Edited by EllaWycliffe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Last year Amy sold Matt her half of the wedding farm property for 667k. Apparently in Aug of this year, Amy sold Matt an additional 32 acres which constitutes the size of the origanal "big house" property, for 75k. In order to do the second purchase Matt took out a mortgage for 877k.

It is unknown whether she still owns part of the Roloff farm business. At last check she was willing to sell the land but not the business.

Thank you! So does she own any land at the farm anymore, or is she completely off?