Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Scarlett45

Important reminders: 

1. Our (golden) Be Civil rule applies to your fellow members.  It does not apply to the show, the characters, the cast, etc.  Folks are free to say whatever they like - and however they'd like to say it - about anybody related to the show providing it doesn't violate our hate speech policy

2. As per our site spoiler policy: episodes released on premium or pay-per-view services are not considered spoilers.

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I wonder if Chris will start drinking soon!

They already drink.  Amy had at least two cosmos during the live and she talked about the kind of vodka they like.  Some kind of potato vodka because the other kind makes Chris sick.  

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Sorry, can't get behind blaming others for one's addiction problem. If Matt has a drinking problem - and I am willing to concede he may not - he is responsible for his drinking and doesn't get a pass because Amy was so awful, he is blameless for his own behavior and bears no responsibility for his choices. If he has a drinking problem, he is the one choosing to drink.

If he was so unhappy he drank, he could have left her many years ago. And did it ever occur to anyone that maybe Matt's drinking led to Amy not being so pleasant? I've lived with drunks - they aren't pleasant, and Matt's possible issues do predate his marriage. 

I agree with you on this. You don't have to pick up that bottle and drink if you're unhappy. There are other ways to deal with unhappiness, stress, problems or whatever. It's a choice. I was raised by a drunk, and you're right, they aren't pleasant. 

• Love 8
11 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Sorry, can't get behind blaming others for one's addiction problem. If Matt has a drinking problem - and I am willing to concede he may not - he is responsible for his drinking and doesn't get a pass because Amy was so awful, he is blameless for his own behavior and bears no responsibility for his choices. If he has a drinking problem, he is the one choosing to drink.

If he was so unhappy he drank, he could have left her many years ago. And did it ever occur to anyone that maybe Matt's drinking led to Amy not being so pleasant? I've lived with drunks - they aren't pleasant, and Matt's possible issues do predate his marriage. 

Not to mention if Amy was so terrible, why wouldn’t Matt leave and take his children so they wouldn’t be subjected to her in such large doses? 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

Why can’t Amy be happy?

Why can't Matt leave her alone? 

I know, I know, its production forcing the wedding on the farm, but he could be a man and say "No, I don't want to accommodate my ex wife."

It's not unreasonable AT ALL for a man to not want to host his ex wife's wedding.  There's no need for Matt to be involved in Amy's wedding at all. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Clip from season premiere (it’s tomorrow)

Chris is so pale his legs look like styrofoam ... he must need gallons sunscreen to keep from turning into a lobster.

meanwhile Amy sits there scowling and shovelling food into her yap... such a pissy attitude just like her sour, cranky father.

Chris there’s still time to run away!!!! Run, Chris RUN!!! 

• Love 12
(edited)
14 hours ago, Absolom said:

Fake, staged conversation that's what I see.

I am going back and forth on this. I do think they have not yet reached a point where they are completely comfortable together and there is still so much awkwardness and that comes out in this scene. As for the blurting out of doing the wedding at the farm, I do think Matt and Caryn went into the visit with the intentions of bringing it up and I do not think Amy and Chris were expecting it. 

I  think Amy was trying to be a bit funny with some of her comments but she is one of those that stuff just falls flat or maybe she is just so deadpan. Chris got the humor though! It was a funny comment that maybe cut a bit too close for Matt's liking. I do like that Amy is engaging with them and still cutting them down a bit. Yeah, I am up for a petty comment or six. 

Ugh. I want to like Caryn. She is good for the family, and is a caring person, fun to be around. Yet I can't help but think that she is gaslighting Amy so hard. 

Amy looked fabulous in the video. Her hair was fluffy and I loved that dress on her.  

Edited by stewedsquash
to many do's not enough too's
  • Love 5
(edited)

New episode is available on Discovery+

Jackson scooters about as Zach and Tory discuss buying the farm, getting Jackson a quad, and Lilah's state of developement. Tory notes that they are indeed watching for health concerns with the kids. Jackson, forgive me, is a much nicer looking kid than Zach was.

At Amy's place, Chris is sorta living there. Lots of nattering about love and marriage. Chris seems pretty genuine about loving Amy. Amy doesn't like having to gather Felix's poop when walking. Amy notes that Chris is neat and she is not. They're planning an open house despite the quarantine. They consider inviting Matt and Caryn.  Amy seems reasonable, Matt and Caryn are invited but can choose not to come, if they like.

Off to Matt in a cowboy hat on the big ATV thing basically bragging how he loves doing as he pleases with the big ATV now that Amy is gone and he is free to let loose. FYI - this season looks to be dealing with the second buy out where Amy sells her half of the big house property. They debate whether to attend the open house with Amy and Chris. Caryn "has plans" and Matt doesn't want to go without her. They continue ATVing.

Chris and Amy motorcycle about.  Amy is the only one who rides in Chris's bitch seat now. This is actually a cute discussion of how many motorcycle skanks Chris has had. They're looking at wedding venues. and visit Chris's best man who might have a wedding venue. Boring wedding talk ensues. 

Next up, Matt on the farm showing off his purchases to Zach.  Matt has bought weird statues of bigfoot, horses, aliens. Zach isn't impressed. He thinks the idea of planting the statues in the woods is good but kinda expensive. Matt dismisses the budget talk and notes how he always consulted Amy on big purchases. Zach notes that this may not be accurate and that while he's interested in the business, he thinks Matt needs to alter some habits especially around spending. 

Matt and Caryn are taking wine to Amy's - not the housewarming party but a separate get together because they can't make it the next day. Both Matt and Caryn prattle how they didn't want to be inhospitable and just not go, even though they don't seem all that pleased to be going. Matt professes to not even know where Amy's house is. They both act like they are heading off to a torture session.

Amy isn't thrilled but allows the visit. Matt notes how shit can turn in an instant and that Amy has a vicious temper. Amy notes that Matt will pick every nit - Caryn seems to know this as well as she warns Matt to not bitch about the stairs. Matt is all "lets rumble" - yeah this is a healthy relationship.

They bring wine and a stool. The house looks nice. Then the painful scene already released. I kind of adore the whole Matt can't pick a design thing because thats exactly like the last house remodel. This is painful and forced. Amy is suspicious of Matt's motives. Caryn seems surprised the house is nice. Chris and Amy awkwardly debate using the farm for the wedding.

The housewarming party is a bust due to covid tests not coming in soon enough. Tory and Zach gush over the house. Its nice - i find it a bit blah but I have no taste. Tory and Zach also hate the idea of the wedding on the farm. 

Zach bitches with Amy about the statues since Matt buys them for "pumpkin season" but also wants to cancel the pumpkin season. Zach states outright that endorsing one of Matt's plans means Matt will put the blame on him for endorsing it rather than own his own decision. 

Slow episode but as presented - Zach, not Jeremy, seems to be the farm heir.

Edited by EllaWycliffe
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

AC2328CF-7613-427E-B9EF-9A835D811724.jpeg

Amy looks like she she washed her face in dirt and didn't rinse it off.  And got a BIG chunk of it in her teeth.

Yeah . . . sign me up to watch a show that uses pictures like this for marketing.  

Not.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
On 10/29/2020 at 1:12 PM, Back Atcha said:

It's not easy for a neatnik to live with a clutterer

BINGO.... it might be where things go downhill for Chris and Amy.... I'm thinking.

• Love 7
(edited)

I cracked up when Caryn described her and Matt’s relationship moving at a snail’s pace.  😆

Most parents are sort of concerned when their  kids are about 2 ft from an open fire....not Tori and Zach.  

Tori, you and Zach could just hire someone to feed your chickens in the morning.   It might be more interesting to viewers to watch them feeding chickens rather than sitting on a couch and discussing their day.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3

According to Matt...every body is happy with their situations ...UNTIL Jeremy and wife discover....the brother's plan to take over the farm!  oh what a web they weave...

• Love 3

I’m not sure why some members of the Roloff family don’t get how it’s vital that a farm like theirs needs continual novelty items, interesting themes, items of interests, etc.  It’s not as if you’re wasting money.  People lose interest if you don’t keep it fresh.

• Love 4
(edited)

I'm a little yes and no on that, Sunny, at least in the context of the metal statues in this episode.

Its a fun idea... depending on how much the statues cost and depending on what pumpkin season would look like in a pandemic.

It's also a bit awkward if there was an agreement between Matt and Zach that money wouldn't be spent until it was discussed. It sure seemed like there WAS an agreement to that effect. And Zach did verbalize the problem with Matt rather effectively - if he agrees with Matt that it's a good idea and it fails, Matt will put the blame on him for agreeing rather than admitting it was Matt's decision. 

Effectively, now that Amy is gone, Matt is making Zach the dumbass bitch who hates everything and wants the farm to fail. Funny how Matt always has a dumbass bitch ruining things.

Edited by EllaWycliffe
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
32 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’m not sure why some members of the Roloff family don’t get how it’s vital that a farm like theirs needs continual novelty items, interesting themes, items of interests, etc.  It’s not as if you’re wasting money.  People lose interest if you don’t keep it fresh.

Tweetsie Railroad asked me to hold their beer.

• LOL 1
12 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’ve been to Tweetsie...long ago.  

Ha, I went as a child in the 70's, took my kids in the 90's and my kids have been taking their kids since 2015. We all have the same pictures doing the exact same things. I was just messing with you, I understand that things need to be updated but when I read your post, Tweetsie immediately jumped into my head. I remembered you are in NC and thought you would get the humor.

I had the show on in the background while doing other stuff and it was nice to see it back. I am going to watch it in a few days. I did have the thought that instead of having the wedding just be all in the LPBW, it would have been a cool thing to have maybe a three episode special of Amy and Chris, wedding and a motorcycle road trip honeymoon. I am enjoying them figuring out how to make things work. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Plus Zach isn’t really a voice of reason when it comes to entertaining others... he’s the one who was so cheap at his first bbq that some guests had nothing to eat and for his 2nd attempt he said dessert was a waste of money and that people don’t need any dessert and could just eat more macaroni salad while discussing his bbq plans with Tori.... he also thought that napkins and other items were a waste of money. 🙄

Zach is unreasonably CHEAP and stupid when it comes to money and entertaining people.... I’d hardly look at him as someone with a mind for business or a good person to ask for advice on entertaining large groups.

• Useful 4
  • Love 14
(edited)

Man oh Man. Amy can't hide her contempt for Matt and Caryn. She hates them and I don't blame her. Problem is it's uncomfortable to watch. None of this forcing couples get together stuff, ok, TLC? We don't want to see that. We all know in real life Amy would never have them over to her house unless it was a birthday for one of the kids or grands. 

I am also a person that likes my home neat and everything in it's place. I don't know how Chris is going to deal with messy Amy. Especially at his age and never being married. I wonder if he ever lived with a girlfriend. And why is he not living there full time yet? That is too freaking weird to me. 

Look at big Zach talking about how Matt is going to have to change his ways if he wants to be in business with him. Shut up, ya spoiled brat. Matt isn't going to change for anybody, especially in business. I see a disaster waiting to happen. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 11
(edited)

Maybe, I’m weird, but I’d like one of those horses for my back yard.  Perhaps, it’s due to me not getting that pony I wanted when I was eight.😆

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I sense the job for Zach is more of being on the show and helping with farm tours during pumpkin season, even if he plays the part of farm co-manager.

Exactly I think the whole speech he gave at Amy’s house was more scripted nonsense to make people think that Zach is a 50/50 partner running the farm with Matt.

Matt has done just fine running the farm without Zachs input and he’ll continue to run the farm but for the sake of the show TLC wants it to look like there’s drama between Matt and Zach.  🙄

• Love 8

I laughed when Zach and Tori were saying how a free wedding venue would not be worth the emotional toll of having a wedding on your ex’s property.....so funny.  I wonder if they know just how much a venue cost for a place to accommodate 150 people....it’s not cheap.  Also, during covid when the show was filmed, how many places were even available.  Chris’s friend’s backyard looked nice, but where would everyone park?  Lots to consider, but Zach and Tori’s response was so naive. 

23 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I laughed when Zach and Tori were saying how a free wedding venue would not be worth the emotional toll of having a wedding on your ex’s property.....so funny.  I wonder if they know just how much a venue cost for a place to accommodate 150 people....it’s not cheap.  Also, during covid when the show was filmed, how many places were even available.  Chris’s friend’s backyard looked nice, but where would everyone park?  Lots to consider, but Zach and Tori’s response was so naive. 

I didn’t think his friends yard was a good idea at all, as you said where would everyone park, where would people go to the washroom?.. would people use the washroom in their house and tramp in and out? Or are they gonna have porta potties brought in? What if the weather changed and they needed to go indoors? It didn’t look like they had tons of room for catering, tents etc.

At least at Matt’s farm it’s already set up to handle a crowd and there’s room to accommodate a lot of people and parking.

bottom line I agree with Tori about not wanting to get married at an ex’s farm especially since Amy can barely stand to be in the same room with Matt.

Amy and Chris have plenty of money and should spend the money on another venue and forget about taking the cheap route and marrying at Matt’s place.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I didn’t think his friends yard was a good idea at all, as you said where would everyone park, where would people go to the washroom?.. would people use the washroom in their house and tramp in and out? Or are they gonna have porta potties brought in? What if the weather changed and they needed to go indoors? It didn’t look like they had tons of room for catering, tents etc.

While not an impossible venue - lets not forget that scenes for this show are often filmed around false story lines. There was was likely no no intent to ever have the wedding at the friend's house.

4 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

bottom line I agree with Tori about not wanting to get married at an ex’s farm especially since Amy can barely stand to be in the same room with Matt.

Of course production has NOTHING to do with this even though Matt ad Caryn both looked like they were having teeth pulled when this was offered. 

6 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Amy and Chris have plenty of money and should spend the money on another venue and forget about taking the cheap route and marrying at Matt’s place.

And Matt is donating his check for this to charity? Or is Matt swallowing his pride and bending over to take one up the ass for the paycheck? No one involved here deserves applause. Everyone is caving for a check. 

• Love 5
(edited)

kudos to chris for hiring a crew to come assist with the grand move out. hope they got paid by the job, and not by the hour.

So now Zach wants to do more at the farm? So now Zach is trying to buy Amy out? 

Zach has that kind of money to buy either of them out ??

I feel like this family is going in circles..

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
(edited)

Is the farm the only farmland in the area? I get amy moving to a neighborhood/subv as a  step - but if she truly wants to live in a farming community, surely there is one.

And the same goes for Tori.. Did she grow up in a neighborhood?  I don't like that Zach makes it seem like his childhood was the only childhood a kiddo can have.

For some reason, every time I look at Tori I can't help but feel sorry for her... I hope deep down she is happy,..I'm also worried about the baby. To have a 7 mth old that just lays there -wow

I agree with chris' joke . get married anywhere/yesterday and come back for the big after party. when amy said she had 75 people to invite - I was thinking who? she just does strike me as knowing that many people. She's not close (distance and emotionally) to her family right ?

Edited by sATL
(edited)
10 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Matt and Caryn are taking wine to Amy's - not the housewarming party but a separate get together because they can't make it the next day. Both Matt and Caryn prattle how they didn't want to be inhospitable and just not go, even though they don't seem all that pleased to be going. 

The housewarming party is a bust due to covid tests not coming in soon enough.

who does this ??? If I couldn't make it that day - I would ask to come over after the main party - not the day before when the host is trying to get prepared for the event. Or just kindly send your regrets.

Amy asked for covid test results before coming to her house? what she's too cheap to get a thermometer? Is this guest list part of the 75 that coming to the wedding ? Or I wonder if the community got wind of her trying to invite mega nbr of  people and that wasn't allowed due to covid restrictions.

Edited by sATL
41 minutes ago, sATL said:

who does this ??? If I couldn't make it that day - I would ask to come over after the main party - not the day before when the host is trying to get prepared for the event

Unless you're Matt!

• Love 4
8 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

I'm a little yes and no on that, Sunny, at least in the context of the metal statues in this episode.

Its a fun idea... depending on how much the statues cost and depending on what pumpkin season would look like in a pandemic.

It's also a bit awkward if there was an agreement between Matt and Zach that money wouldn't be spent until it was discussed. It sure seemed like there WAS an agreement to that effect. And Zach did verbalize the problem with Matt rather effectively - if he agrees with Matt that it's a good idea and it fails, Matt will put the blame on him for agreeing rather than admitting it was Matt's decision. 

Effectively, now that Amy is gone, Matt is making Zach the dumbass bitch who hates everything and wants the farm to fail. Funny how Matt always has a dumbass bitch ruining things.

And this is why Matt’s good with Zach having the farm and not Jeremy. 

4 hours ago, sATL said:

who does this ??? If I couldn't make it that day - I would ask to come over after the main party - not the day before when the host is trying to get prepared for the event. Or just kindly send your regrets.

Amy asked for covid test results before coming to her house? what she's too cheap to get a thermometer? Is this guest list part of the 75 that coming to the wedding ? Or I wonder if the community got wind of her trying to invite mega nbr of  people and that wasn't allowed due to covid restrictions.

A normal temperature is no substitute for a negative COVID test. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
5 minutes ago, readheaded said:

And this is why Matt’s good with Zach having the farm and not Jeremy. 

A normal temperature is no substitute for a negative COVID test. 

true. but as places started to open (small businesses/ youth sports, etc) that is what some had to resort to..

and depending on when this was filmed, the lines in some places were massively long. A big ask just to go to a house party

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Zach and Tori are boring, the whole show is really Amy, her man, Matt and Caryn.  Wow, Amy’s man really got the stink eye from her when he expressed interest in the farm in front of Matt and Caryn, it even carried over into the kitchen when they left.  I think the consideration of the best man’s place for the wedding was all for show as was Amy’s “biker” outfit complete with faux leather tank top.  What does she think she is in a biker gang?  Maybe the over the hill gang.  The conversation between Zach and Matt about the statues etc gave me the impression that perhaps Zach’s offer on the north side was accepted and he will be running the farm with Matt.  These kids have no loyalty, both Tori and Zach did some dissing of Matt at Amy’s.  Tori better be careful, not sure Zach has a job and probably needs the paycheck from Matt.

• Love 6

I think the idea of a house warming is ridiculous during a pandemic, but I guess they were including only those who were inside their bubble for filming.  I assume they all kept to themselves, stayed outside when possible, tested, etc to keep it safe for filming. 🙄  I suppose they had to do something to film for the show.  

IMO, the offer of the farm for the wedding is solely for filming purposes. More drama, more for Amy to reflect upon, etc...And, I stand by prediction from over a year ago that Amy would marry on the farm and that Matt would attend.  We shall see.  When it happens I’ll post about it on the Amy thread since it will be a spoiler for this one.  If I’m wrong, I’ll admit it.   😉

• Love 2

Oh both Chris and Amy are of the faux elderly biker boy and biker mama crowd. Its silly. Kinda like Matt wearing a cowboy hat around the farm when he mostly herds the non existent cattle from his desk.

As to Tory needing to mind her mouth and always praise Matt lest he toss them aside broke and poor as Matt controls their livelyhood... everyone realizes "keep Matt sweet by kissing his ass or he will destroy you financially" doesn't paint him in the nicest light?

As it was, I was amused to see one of Matt's lies come to light. He's always bragged that he and Amy have a great off screen relationship where they periodically get together. That's at odds with his not knowing where she lives.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4